Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 667505 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#475899 Sep 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
It does no good to do a Bible study if you're just going to interpret it yourself. Don't get me wrong, the Gospels are amazing and you certainly can learn allot about Jesus doing it yourself..
The Church read the Gospel allowed every single day for 2,000 yrs. They not only orally communicated the Gospels, they also demonstrated it. The Mass is the Gospel coming to life. "This is my Body"
The Church didn't keep the Bible from anyone.
Hey...air head...

Are you saying that the Bible was written so only the pope could understand Scripture??? That he is to read it and tell us what it says?????!!!!

You don't believe God????

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Are you saying the above applies only to the pope?????

These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

These people searching the scripture daily....were they all popes?????

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#475900 Sep 11, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>==========
Why dont you quit hiding behind the Orthodox Church. For once stand on your own church and be a man.Everyone here knows the Orthodox have icons.And I know they dont. And you know what,Miss Anthony? So what.
Christ is their Savior and Christ is my Savior.It isnt about whose church is bigger or badder blah blah blah.Its about Christ.
I'm referring to this,and other passages,..

I'm not once again speaking of myself ..most Catholics
,do not worship statues..But perhaps,

1 crest an atmosphere for them to be worshipped by the less knowledgeable let's,say ..

2 they give the,appearance of doing so publicly ...by some of the faithful parading usually Mary around as a stAtue ..sometimes the Scred Heart

APPEARANCE ..evidently was important ..

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#475901 Sep 11, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm referring to this,and other passages,..
I'm not once again speaking of myself ..most Catholics
,do not worship statues..But perhaps,
1 crest an atmosphere for them to be worshipped by the less knowledgeable let's,say ..
2 they give the,appearance of doing so publicly ...by some of the faithful parading usually Mary around as a stAtue ..sometimes the Scred Heart
APPEARANCE ..evidently was important ..
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
I didnt recall that quote. Its a good one and very applicable.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#475902 Sep 11, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
A daughter of God????
And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
And are,we not supposed to pray with fellow,Christians,..

I guess not in your book ..I pray alone .

I was asking for a REMEMBRANCE for our fellow,Americans today ..And yes,I prayed for their loved ones,..as we should today

God comfort them all .

I do nit pray on this,forum to SHOW holines,.

I kerp hoping we can find a,common bond in our Love for the,Saviour ..we are,MOSTLY professing Christians,here .

And AMERICA,...

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#475903 Sep 11, 2013
<quoted text>Of course he was. Its the same old song baby just like the Four Tops laid it down. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =2wYoLQc-x5gXX
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Wp05C4q9SsE

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#475904 Sep 11, 2013
<quoted text>I didnt recall that quote. Its a good one and very applicable.
I knew I read something like it and it stuck

..But could not remember ...I'm not that good at remembering verses ..

Yes it conveys,what I am trying to say ...

I love movies and books that portray Jesus life ...even some fiction if it is biblical ..
the books by the Catholic priest FATHER Grizone ..pure fiction but about if Jesus was,on earth today ..a,series
I don't see this as idolatry ..or the appearance
This is one
http://www.publishersweekly.com/978-0-02-5434...

But I read it and others I have given before at home......

Location hidden

#475905 Sep 11, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And are,we not supposed to pray with fellow,Christians,..
I guess not in your book ..I pray alone .
I was asking for a REMEMBRANCE for our fellow,Americans today ..And yes,I prayed for their loved ones,..as we should today
God comfort them all .
I do nit pray on this,forum to SHOW holines,.
I kerp hoping we can find a,common bond in our Love for the,Saviour ..we are,MOSTLY professing Christians,here .
And AMERICA,...
Any idea what this means???? "that they may be seen of men".....

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#475906 Sep 11, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>And another thing about the creation of the other races. Have you noticed upon """"" ""CAREFUL" """"" examination of the scriptures how when God created the other races He told them to go out into the world and conquer it and subdue it but when He formed Adam He gave him no such order but placed him into the garden and told him to stay there to dress it and keep it. He didn't send him out into the world till he disobeyed Him and then as punishment then he was driven from the garden out into the world.
Snipped for space.

Genesis
…26Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

27 God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

28 God blessed them; and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it; and rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over every living thing that moves on the earth."

Tony, the next few verses are giving an account of the creation of everything.
Genesis

4 This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made earth and heaven.

5 Now no shrub of the field was yet in the earth, and no plant of the field had yet sprouted, for the LORD God had not sent rain upon the earth, and there was no man to cultivate the ground.

Genesis
2:6 But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.

Genesis
2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Genesis 2:8
And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.

Genesis 2:9
And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Genesis 2:15
And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.

Genesis 2:18
And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
Genesis 2:20
And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.
Genesis 2:21
And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
Genesis 2:22
And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

You see Tony?

The latter is giving record of the creation.

There were no people already created before Adam and Eve.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#475907 Sep 11, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
If, as you say, Catholics don't worship Mary, than your pope is an imposter!!!!
POPE PRAYER TO MARY.
Pope John Paul bowing before a statue of Mary in worship.
On May 7 Pope John Paul II dedicated his general audience to "the Virgin Mary" and urged all Christians to accept Mary as their mother. He noted the words spoken by Jesus on the cross to Mary and to John--"Woman, behold thy son!" and "Behold thy mother!" (John 19:26,27), and he claimed that in this statement "IT IS POSSIBLE TO UNDERSTAND THE AUTHENTIC MEANING OF MARIAN WORSHIP in the ecclesial community ... which furthermore is based on the will of Christ" (Vatican Information Service, May 7, 1997).
John Paul II underlined that "the history of Christian piety teaches that MARY IS THE PATH THAT LEADS TO CHRIST, and that filial devotion to her does not at all diminish intimacy with Jesus, but rather, it increases it and leads it to very high levels of perfection." He concluded by asking all Christians "to make room (for Mary) in their daily lives, ACKNOWLEDGING HER PROVIDENTIAL ROLE IN THE PATH OF SALVATION"
What does "in worship" mean???!!!!!!
HE IS NOT MY POPE ..

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#475908 Sep 11, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Snipped for space.
Genesis
…26Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."
27 God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
28 God blessed them; and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it; and rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over every living thing that moves on the earth."
Genesis
4 This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made earth and heaven.
5 Now no shrub of the field was yet in the earth, and no plant of the field had yet sprouted, for the LORD God had not sent rain upon the earth, and there was no man to cultivate the ground.
Genesis
2:6 But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.
Genesis
2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.
And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.
And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.
And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
You see Tony?
This link totally destroys your theory that you posted above.

http://biblestudysite.com/creation.htm

What you posted was not a record of creation. It was demonstrating the TWO SEPARATE CREATION EVENTS. If you'd take the time to read the link I posted you would see that there were two separate creation events. The first event in which all the different races were CREATED andtold to goout and conquer the earth and to be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and the second event in which the man Adam was formed and was placed into the garden and was not told to go out into the world and was not given an order to be fruitful and multiply etc.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#475909 Sep 11, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Snipped for space.
Genesis
Genesis
Genesis
Genesis
You see Tony?
One thing Christians ignore is that Adam was not originally supposed to go out into the world but he was placed into the Garden of Eden to stay and to keepit. Yet God told someone to go out into the world to conquer it and have dominion over everything. Exactly when was Adam supposed to go out into the world and leave the garden of Eden? The fact that he was driven out eventually into the world was a PUNISHMENT. Fact is the ones that God told to go out into the word and have dominion over it were the people that He created before He formed Adam.

Mankind was given dominion over the animals of the wild hense they were told to take dominion over the world but Adam was given dominion over the domestic animals because God created Adam to be a farmer/horticulturalist hense he was placed into the garden to dress it and keep it.

Those of you that lack the spiritual eyes to see this at this time, you will understand it better by and by.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#475910 Sep 11, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>http://www.youtube.com /watch?v=Wp05C4q9SsEXX
Good nite and God bless to you both :)
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#475912 Sep 11, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
HE IS NOT MY POPE ..
The truth is a foreign concept to you. The term "worship" was used in the same way in the Bible that it used to be used in English. It could cover both the adoration given to God alone and the honor that is to be shown to certain human beings. In Hebrew, the term for worship is shakhah. It is appropriately used for humans in a large number of passages.

For example, in Genesis 37:7–9 Joseph relates two dreams that God gave him concerning how his family would honor him in coming years. Translated literally the passage states: "‘[B]ehold, we were binding sheaves in the field, and lo, my sheaf arose and stood upright; and behold, your sheaves gathered round it, and worshiped [shakhah] my sheaf.’... Then he dreamed another dream, and told it to his brothers, and said,‘Behold, I have dreamed another dream; and behold, the sun, the moon, and eleven stars were worshiping [shakhah] me.’"

In Genesis 49:2-27, Jacob pronounced a prophetic blessing on his sons, and concerning Judah he stated: "Judah, your brothers shall praise you; your hand shall be on the neck of your enemies; your father’s sons shall worship [shakhah] you (49:8)." And in Exodus 18:7, Moses honored his father-in-law, Jethro: "Moses went out to meet his father-in-law, and worshiped [shakhah] him and kissed him; and they asked each other of their welfare, and went into the tent."

Yet none of these passages were discussing the worship of adoration, the kind of worship given to God.

http://www.catholic.com/tracts/saint-worship

Just another example of many why Fundies shouldnt all proclaim themselves authorities of what the bible really says.

Location hidden

#475913 Sep 11, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
HE IS NOT MY POPE ..
My error...I apologize for having insulting you...

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#475914 Sep 12, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Good nite and God bless to you both :)
Nite. GBU
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#475915 Sep 12, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
HE IS NOT MY POPE ..
On the contrary!!! EVERY ONE of you 42,000+ contradicting, inconsistent, and conflicting (self-interpreting) bible only Protestant denominations are your own (individual) popes........ Jesus taught us in Sacred Scripture about HIS Church and the authority He granted to His Apostles and their successors. The Bible is the Word of God, but it is not the only authority for Christians. It can't be, because it cannot interpret itself! The Bible directs us to an authority outside of itself to understand what it actually means. This is why Catholics have the "greatest love" for Scripture. We want to ensure that it is properly interpreted and not abused with false, contradicting and heretical interpretations that continue to divide, fracture, separate and disunite the body of Christ that has been so "blatantly done" since the Reformation.

Location hidden

#475916 Sep 12, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
On the contrary!!! EVERY ONE of you 42,000+ contradicting, inconsistent, and conflicting (self-interpreting) bible only Protestant denominations are your own (individual) popes........ Jesus taught us in Sacred Scripture about HIS Church and the authority He granted to His Apostles and their successors. The Bible is the Word of God, but it is not the only authority for Christians. It can't be, because it cannot interpret itself! The Bible directs us to an authority outside of itself to understand what it actually means. This is why Catholics have the "greatest love" for Scripture. We want to ensure that it is properly interpreted and not abused with false, contradicting and heretical interpretations that continue to divide, fracture, separate and disunite the body of Christ that has been so "blatantly done" since the Reformation.
A recent poll proves that 70% of Catholics do not believe they are eating the flesh of Christ and drinking His blood at mass........

Nuns are arguing with the vatacan....they want to be priests..some have left the church because of this disagreement..

The Catholic Church's Teaching on Birth Control - Ascension ...
www.ascensioncatholic.net/TOPICS/morality/Bir ... ;

Today, it is generally accepted that about 80% of Catholics do not follow the generally accepted teachings of Humanae Vitae when it comes to using different forms of birth control.

Have more if you are interested....
truth

Mount Lawley, Australia

#475917 Sep 12, 2013
Why you liked genetic cd?

Did Lucifer fall as well why?

Where is first perfect creation?

Why you support genetic killers?
If you not support genetic killers then why you need died!

Are you terrorist?
Who swear to be prosecutors of Christians?
Did they are killers?
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#475919 Sep 12, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
continued
xxxxxxx
please show.... from God's word...that these inventions are sound doctrine
ROMAN CATHOLIC INVENTIONS
1. Presbyters first called priests by Lucian 2nd c.
2. Sacerdotal mass instituted by Cyprian 3rd c.
3. Prayers for the dead A.D. 300
4. Making the sign of the cross A.D. 300
5. Wax candles A.D. 320
6. Veneration of angels, dead saints, and images A.D. 375
7. Mass became a daily ritual A.D. 394
8. Beginning of exaltation of Mary, term "Mother of God"
first applied to her by Council of Ephesus A.D. 431
9. Priests began to wear special clothing A.D. 500
10. Extreme Unction (Rite of Healing) A.D. 526
11. The doctrine of Purgatory by Gregory I A.D. 593
12. Latin used in worship A.D. 600
13. Prayers offered to Mary, dead saints and angels A.D. 600
14. First man to be proclaimed Pope (Boniface III) A.D. 610
15. Kissing the Pope's feet A.D. 709
16. Temporal power of Popes, conferred by Pepon, King of the Franks A.D. 750
17. Veneration of cross, images, relics authorized A.D. 786
18. Holy water, mixed with pinch of salt, chrism, and blessed by a priest A.D.
19. Veneration of St. Joseph A.D. 890
20. College of Cardinals begun A.D. 927
21. Baptism of bells instituted by Pope John XIII A.D. 965
22. Canonization of dead saints by Pope John XV A.D. 995
23. Fasting on Fridays and Lent A.D. 998
24. The Mass developed gradually as a sacrifice, attendance made obligatory 11th
c.
25. Celibacy of priests declared A.D. 1079
26. Rosary adopted (pagan) by Peter the Hermit A.D. 1090
27. The Inquisition instituted by Council of Verona A.D. 1184
28. Sale of indulgences A.D. 1190
29. Seven Sacraments, defined by Peter Lombard 12th c.
30. Transubstantiation, defined by Innocent III A.D. 1215
31. Auricular confession (Rite of reconciliation) of sins to a priest instead of
God, instituted by Innocent III A.D. 1215
32. Adoration of the wafer (called the Host), decreed by Pope Honorius III A.D.
33. Scapular invented by Simon Stock of England A.D. 1251
34. The cup forbidden to the laity at communion by Council of Constance A.D.
35. Purgatory proclaimed as a dogma by the Council of Florence in A.D. 1439
36. Tradition declared of equal authority with the Bible by the Council of Trent
A.D. 1545
37. Apocryphal books are added to the Bible by the Council of Trent A.D. 1546
38. Creed of Pope Pius IV imposed as the official creed in place of the original
Apostolic Creed A.D. 1560
39. Immaculate Conception of Mary (not virgin birth) proclaimed by Pope Pius IX
A.D. 1854
40. Syllabus of Errors proclaimed by Pope Pius IX and ratified by the Vatican
Council; condemned freedom of religion, conscience, speech, press and scientific
discoveries which are disapproved by the Roman Church; asserted the Pope's
temporal au
GIVE BOOK CHAPTER AND VERSE PLEASE
This is almost exactly like OldJG's slander he posted last week. Too bad you didn't pay attention to the rebuttal. He didn't get one single thing right and neither did you. Do you have a link so we can see exactly what sort of website you pulled this off of?
If I show you your errors, will you acknowledge it and pray for forgiveness? Will you cease continuing spreading this stuff?

The thing is, i don't care what you personally believe. Nobody on this forum has had the privilege of being enlightened to the truth of our faith like you have, confrint. And nobody has completely ignored it like you have either.

If it wasn't for the fact that this forum turns up on simple search engines throughout the world, i wouldn't bother refuting your crap above. Vulnerable people are searching for Christ with a sincere heart. But then they run into you and the others and see all these lies about The Catholic Church. That's usually how people end up in your sects. They are led there by misleading info.
truth

Mount Lawley, Australia

#475920 Sep 12, 2013
Stolen identity and parallel systems.

Did you know who they are?

Is that crime?

yes it is..

What so ever they think they are save trough corupt criminal organization they are not?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DeGeneres says her show is no place for anti-ga... 14 min Jeremy 189
News Dr Zakir Naik invites Pope Benedict XVI for ope... (Oct '06) Sat Serah 14,364
News 7 reasons why Friday the 13th is considered an ... Sat True Christian wi... 3
News Women should breastfeed in church, Pope Francis... Jan 11 Jeremy 3
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory (Jul '15) Dec 30 Dogen 508
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Dec 20 Married in 10,385
News Preview: The Pope's Choir Dec 20 KenJr26 1
More from around the web