Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,599
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Dan

Omaha, NE

#475608 Sep 10, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Too funny, try this ......
Found it today.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Scn_dEYYvkkXX
Bummer-

Nice tune, but was hoping for a like 10 hour loop of the theme song.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#475609 Sep 10, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
"Your Church dates back to the 4th century"
No it doesn't Pad. It dates back to 33 AD. At no time did the Church that Christ started; and the hierarchy of Bishops, Priests and Deacons the Apostles established, suddenly become a different group....or an abolished group.
I believe what you're trying to imply, is that Constantine changed it to a different Church in 313 AD. There is absolutely no proof of this and I don't know why fundamentals continue to imply it. The Church changed Constantine, not the other way around. Really, you believe a conspiracy fantasy scenario that conveniently fits on paper.. But only if you ignore Church teaching in the first 4 centuries and pretend Constantine introduced those things.
Roman has nothin to do with the title of a Church. Its Catholic. SO if you choose to use the title out of context, your guilty of misleading people.
The apostles themselves warned the believers to beware of wolves,false shepherds,false apostles and so on,so if the so-called Catholic church started in 33 AD,it was confronted by false teachers immediately,and to what we see today,much of what you practice is part and parcel with those errors and false doctrines.

Even your RCC teachers tell you you do not have to believe or accept everything you hear in your church,and it seems that there is much to filter out,and that is why we have many other Christian churches that exist to the glory of God,not using such practices in our churches.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#475610 Sep 10, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You follow the teaching of mere natural men.
A. They teach you Mary remained a virgin evermore. God's Word says Joseph took her to wife...you choose to believe men instead of God....I believe God.....
You believe what someone told you God's word said.

'Mary's question (Luke 1:34), the angel's answer (Luke 1:35-37), Joseph's way of behaving in his doubt (Matthew 1:19-25), Christ's words addressed to the Jews (John 8:19) show that Mary retained her virginity during the conception of her Divine Son.

As to Mary's virginity after her childbirth, it is not denied by St. Matthew's expressions "before they came together" (1:18), "her firstborn son" (1:25), nor by the fact that the New Testament books repeatedly refer to the "brothers of Jesus".[66] The words "before they came together" mean probably, "before they lived in the same house", referring to the time when they were merely betrothed; but even if the words be understood of marital intercourse, they only state that the Incarnation took place before any such intercourse had intervened, without implying that it did occur after the Incarnation of the Son of God.[67]

[66] Matt., xii, 46-47; xiii, 55-56; Mark, iii, 31-32; iii, 3; Luke, viii, 19-20; John, ii, 12; vii, 3, 5, 10; Acts, i, 14; I Cor., ix, 5; Galatians 1:19; Jude, 1
[67] cf. St. Jerome, in Matt., i, 2 (P.L., XXVI, 24-25)'

Source link: http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/15464b.htm
Clay

United States

#475611 Sep 10, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops the link
http://catecheticsonline.com/...
NOW this time look at the question I referred to 133'
We already explained why its called 'Roman' Catholic, Rose. What more do you want? Line 133 of the Baltimore catechism is correct, within the context its used.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#475612 Sep 10, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>The apostles themselves warned the believers to beware of wolves,false shepherds,false apostles and so on,so if the so-called Catholic church started in 33 AD,it was confronted by false teachers immediately,and to what we see today,much of what you practice is part and parcel with those errors and false doctrines.
Even your RCC teachers tell you you do not have to believe or accept everything you hear in your church,and it seems that there is much to filter out,and that is why we have many other Christian churches that exist to the glory of God,not using such practices in our churches.
What errors and false doctrines can you cite for us? One or two will suffice.

The Church does not tell us we don't have to believe the teachings of the Church. What an odd thing to say.

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray forUS.

#475613 Sep 10, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops the link
http://catecheticsonline.com/...
NOW this time look at the question I referred to 133'
Oh okay I see it now.

"The Church Jesus established was known by its most common title, "the Catholic Church," at least as early as the year 107, when Ignatius of Antioch used that title to describe the one Church Jesus founded. The title apparently was old in Ignatius’s time, which means it probably went all the way back to the time of the apostles."

When ALL were of same mind and teachings. Universal = Catholic.

No problem calling RCC or just Catholic, same Church.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#475614 Sep 10, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You are off-topic. I went through all of this with June.
This forum is not about me or my beliefs.
FYI - when you can begin answering my questions to you with honesty and truthfulness, then I will begin answering your questions.
Do you have something that is on-topic?
So it is okay for you to constantly ask us to try your theories on whether God really answers our prayers or not,and whatever. What you ask is rooted in what you believe,so stop playing games NASL,actually you are off topic,because you try to undermine what we believe,and what you believe inspires you to challenge us.
Clay

United States

#475615 Sep 10, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>The apostles themselves warned the believers to beware of wolves,false shepherds,false apostles and so on,so if the so-called Catholic church started in 33 AD,it was confronted by false teachers immediately,and to what we see today,much of what you practice is part and parcel with those errors and false doctrines.
Whatever Pad, keep believing that crap if you want. Keep pretending you and the other evangelicals are now receiving the truth, 1900 yrs later.... Our Lords ministry was completely messed up, then the Bible was printed for you guys to bring everyone to truth. I can't understand why anyone takes yous seriously.

#475616 Sep 10, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Bummer-
Nice tune, but was hoping for a like 10 hour loop of the theme song.
No, you won't hear it from me.... I don't like that show at all.
Stopped watching it years ago.

Sorry.
Clay

United States

#475617 Sep 10, 2013
Pad wrote:
Pad, show me where Jesus says to compile a Bible.

Something so important as a Bible for the Christian, and Jesus never tells us which Books to put in it? Why is that?
Pad

Rockford, IL

#475618 Sep 10, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
What errors and false doctrines can you cite for us? One or two will suffice.
The Church does not tell us we don't have to believe the teachings of the Church. What an odd thing to say.
The FIRST Commandment for starters.Your organization manufactures images and statues,at the direct disobedience to God Himself,not that your images and or statues are actually gods or idols as such,but that God told us not to create such things for worship of Him,let alone His dear Son.

The abuse of relics,in that there has to be some lie in connection with the many relics that lay underneath the many altars of many Churches world-wide.

The Rosary is rooted in paganism or false religions,Buddhism,Hinduism and Islam all have similar beads that are recited for their tenets of religion.

Purgatory,defies the Completeness of the Cross.Some one reference in the Maccabees does not constitute a whole doctrine which may resemble a Jewish concept of heaven and hell,that is without the C R O S S of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

#475619 Sep 10, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
"Rosesz
You never answered my question: Do you have any idea what Christ said must, absolutely, without any doubt whatever, no exceptions, happen for you to enter into Heaven?????
You, evidently, don't know, or you would have replied.
You call God, Father. No one can claim that status as a natural birthright...some are children of the father of all lies...the devil..
Share with us the events that occurred in your life that culminated in you becoming one of His daughters..."

TO WHICH confrinting wrote....
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You are always saying...
"You never answered my question:"
WHO ARE YOU... to require answers of any one.../
If you are attempting to learn it might be legit to ask questions..
But
If you are attempting to teach...cease your personal opinions and private
interpretations...
Give the eternal word of God..
Let the other person
learn from ....GOD BREATHED (HOLY GHOST ANOINTED/INSPIRED) WORD ..
Heb 4:12 For the word of God is
quick, and
powerful, and
sharper than any twoedged sword,
piercing even to the dividing asunder
of soul and
spirit, and
of the
joints and
marrow, and
is a discerner of the thoughts and
intents of the heart.
Heb 4:13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.
___
THE PSALMIST WROTE.
Psa 119:89 . For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.
Psa 119:90 Thy faithfulness is unto all generations: thou hast established the earth, and it abideth.
Psa 119:91 They continue this day according to thine ordinances: for all are thy servants.
every false way.
Psa 119:105 NUN. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
Psa 119:106 I have sworn, and I will perform it, that I will keep thy righteous judgments.
Psa 119:107 I am afflicted very much: quicken me, O LORD, according unto thy word.
Psa 119:108 Accept, I beseech thee, the freewill offerings of my mouth, O LORD, and teach me thy judgments.
Psa 119:109 My soul is continually in my hand: yet do I not forget thy
law.
Psa 119:110 The wicked have laid a snare for me: yet I erred not from thy precepts.
Psa 119:111 Thy testimonies have I taken as an heritage for ever: for they are the rejoicing of my heart.
Psa 119:112 I have inclined mine heart to perform thy statutes alway, even unto the end.
Protestant vs protestant!! Again!
Not surprised, happens all the time, go off and start a new church with your own made up rules.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#475620 Sep 10, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Pad, show me where Jesus says to compile a Bible.
Something so important as a Bible for the Christian, and Jesus never tells us which Books to put in it? Why is that?
I thought,Clay, Jesus is G o d? He knows the beginning from the end,and how many times did our Lord state when confronted by the devil,"It is Written"?

Jesus no doubt knew that His apostles:Matthew,Mark,Luke,Joh m,Peter,Paul and James would write what they saw and heard from His own Lips and the things He did and TAUGHT. How can anyone do all of this orally,without a written account? The Jews were known for records and scrolls,and you do not think that our Lord would inspire His own through the power of the Holy Spirit,to write down what could be used to confirm what He taught orally? Your argument is really shallow Clay,I amsurprised at you.Like the RCC does not have a zillion books for you to read and ponder? And the Lord Jesus can't have O N E Book?

#475621 Sep 10, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE
if you don't give me what I want, I'll go elsewhere'.

THE ROMAN CATHOLIC RELIGIOUS SYSTEM DID JUST WHAT YOU ARE CLAIMING CENTURIES AGO..
IT POLLUTED CHRISTIANITY WITH FABLES,
ADDED INVENTIONS FROM THE FIGMENTS OF MANS IMAGINATION,
CONJURED UP CONJECTURE ...CREATED A RELIGION WITH ADMIXTURES OF PAGAN
PRACTICES AND ATTEMPTED TO BURY THE WORD OF GOD UNDER A MOUNTAIN OF
PIOUS PLATITUDES..
___
all the rest of THAT WHICH THE ROMAN CHURCH TEACHES AND PRACTICES AS MENTIONED ABOVE are
nothing but cosmetic....
that adds nothing but confusion of face..
IT IS ONLY RELIGIOUS CALISTHENICS.
Not directed to me but, here is my two cents.

The only ‘polluted’ mind here is you!!!! A follower of the teachings of
LIL’ AIMEE the founder of your church.
The modern day heretic, drug addicted, adulteress. You are a lost soul.

“In the years that followed, Sister Aimee continued her preaching and international tours, but her love affair with the press had ended, and rumors persistently followed her. She MARRIED A THIRD TIME in 1931, then divorced in 1934. She died in 1944 from an OVERDOSE of barbituates. She is buried at Forest Lawn Cemetery in Glendale, California. The Angelus Temple still is a church for the Foursquare Gospel, which today claims over two million members worldwide.”

http://www.usc.edu/libraries/archives/la/scan...

Canadian born Aimee Semple McPherson,
In 1922 she founded the Foursquare Gospel, a Pentecostal mission"

May our Lord have mercy on YOUR soul, for speaking like that about the ONLY Church JESUS FOUNDED, HIS CHURCH THE CATHOLIC CHURCH

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#475622 Sep 10, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter if you think Catholics are born again or not. In fact, it really really doesn't matter..
Then why continue to argue with them?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#475623 Sep 10, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>The FIRST Commandment for starters.Your organization manufactures images and statues,at the direct disobedience to God Himself,not that your images and or statues are actually gods or idols as such,but that God told us not to create such things for worship of Him,let alone His dear Son.
The abuse of relics,in that there has to be some lie in connection with the many relics that lay underneath the many altars of many Churches world-wide.
The Rosary is rooted in paganism or false religions,Buddhism,Hinduism and Islam all have similar beads that are recited for their tenets of religion.
Purgatory,defies the Completeness of the Cross.Some one reference in the Maccabees does not constitute a whole doctrine which may resemble a Jewish concept of heaven and hell,that is without the C R O S S of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!
Art and statuary isn't prohibited in Scripture. Worship of statuary is-idolatry, but art and statuary are not. You all probably sing "The Old Rugged Cross" on Sundays without a second thought, right?

Glad we cleared that up.

Who's "abusing" relics? I didn't understand that one.

Rosary beads help one keep count. The Almighty only gave us 10 fingers.

Purgatory doesn't diminish the Sacrifice of the Cross.

Christ Himself said "And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but he that shall speak against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, nor in the world to come." (Matthew 12:32)

St. Paul in 1 Corinthians 3:11-15:

"For other foundation no man can lay, but that which is laid; which is Christ Jesus. Now if any man build upon this foundation, gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay stubble: Every man's work shall be manifest; for the day of the Lord shall declare it, because it shall be revealed in fire; and the fire shall try every man's work, of what sort it is. If any man's work abide, which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man's work burn, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved, yet so as by fire."

Location hidden

#475624 Sep 10, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh okay I see it now.
"The Church Jesus established was known by its most common title, "the Catholic Church," at least as early as the year 107, when Ignatius of Antioch used that title to describe the one Church Jesus founded. The title apparently was old in Ignatius’s time, which means it probably went all the way back to the time of the apostles."
When ALL were of same mind and teachings. Universal = Catholic.
No problem calling RCC or just Catholic, same Church.
Catholic meaning universal but NOT Catholic as in your church as you know it to be of today.This is the error that the catholic church has spread since 1054.

#475625 Sep 10, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
It was not authority to forgive individuals, but to establish in all the churches the terms and conditions on which men might be pardoned, with a promise that God would confirm all that they taught; that all might have assurance of forgiveness who would comply with those terms; and that those who did not comply should not be forgiven, but that their sins should be retained. This commission is as far as possible from the authority which the Roman Catholic claims of remitting sin and of pronouncing pardon.
Who is forgiving sin in the following verses????
Isa 43:25 I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.
Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
I have blotted out, as a thick cloud, thy transgressions, and, as a cloud, thy sins: return unto me; for I have redeemed thee.
And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the
LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
In those days, and in that time, saith the LORD, the iniquity of Israel shall be sought for, and there shall be none; and the sins of Judah, and they shall not be found: for I will pardon them whom I reserve.
Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
Jesus gave his apostles power and authority to reconcile us to the Father. They received Jesus’ own power to forgive sins when he breathed on them and said, "Receive the Holy Spirit. Whose sins you forgive are forgiven them, and whose sins you retain are retained" (John 20:22–23).

You are not authorize to interpret Holy Scripture.... You do NOT know what anything means..

The founder of your 20th century church tried to interpret and you believe him.[lol] Our One, Holy and Apostolic Church was founded and taught by JESUS!!

Deal with it!!

Location hidden

#475627 Sep 10, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
My Church was founded by Jesus, 1st century. PERIOD! YOUR church was founded by mortal man!!
You better run [if u can run, Old guy]to this site and tell them YOUR “new” news…….lol
http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/507...
----Britannica.com
“The Roman Catholic Church traces its history to
Jesus Christ and the Apostles. Over the course of
centuries it developed a highly sophisticated
theology and an elaborate organizational structure
headed by the papacy, the oldest continuing
absolute monarchy in the world.
The number of Roman Catholics in the world (nearly 1.2 billion) is greater than that of nearly all other religious traditions. There are more Roman Catholics than all other Christians combined and more Roman Catholics than all Buddhists or
Hindus. Although there are more Muslims than Roman Catholics, the number of
Roman Catholics is greater than that of the individual traditions of Sh&#299;&#703;ite and
Sunni Islam.
These incontestable statistical and historical facts suggest that some understanding of Roman Catholicism—its history, its institutional structure, its beliefs and practices, and its place in the world—is an indispensable component of cultural literacy, regardless of how one may individually answer the ultimate questions of life and death and faith. Without a grasp of what Roman Catholicism is, it is difficult to make historical sense of the Middle Ages, intellectual sense of the works of Thomas Aquinas, literary sense of The Divine Comedy of Dante, artistic sense of the Gothic cathedrals, or musical sense of many of the compositions of Haydn and Mozart.”
PLEASE NOTE.......
“The Encyclopedia Britannica is published with the editorial advice of the faculties of the
University of Chicago,
University of Oxford, Cambridge, London and Edinburgh:
a committee at the University of Toronto and
committees drawn from members of the faculties of the University of Tokyo and
The Australian National University”
the Protestant Church was founded due to the corruption of your church...
Dan

Omaha, NE

#475628 Sep 10, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>The FIRST Commandment for starters.Your organization manufactures images and statues,at the direct disobedience to God Himself,not that your images and or statues are actually gods or idols as such,but that God told us not to create such things for worship of Him,let alone His dear Son.
Same source, short form RE: Relics

1679 In addition to the liturgy, Christian life is nourished by various forms of popular piety, rooted in the different cultures. While carefully clarifying them in the light of faith, the Church fosters the forms of popular piety that express an evangelical instinct and a human wisdom and that enrich Christian life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... 22 min pazuzu 85
Edmonton's Coptic Christian community welcomes ... 48 min PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 21 hr Married in 8,299
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
Pope Francis pursues a thaw in relations with m... Sep 9 Andrez Lopez 2
Francis' letter to Cubans: Imitate Mary's joy, ... Sep 8 Crusader 1
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Sep 5 ELIAS IBARRA 49
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••