Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 574,283
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Dan

Omaha, NE

#475602 Sep 10, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
You should be asking - why do I need the Sacraments.
Please state all the passages in and outside of the Bible that has Jesus listing those seven Sacraments you hold so dearly.
<quoted text>
What is with you always diverting, Dan? Who taught you to do this? They should've instead, taught you honesty.
No, I am not Oxbow, but one could compare he to you - you both enjoy being deceptive and dishonest.
<quoted text>
In the case of "inspired texts" - Yes. I'm sorry you would rather take man's word for it over Jesus'.
Ya know something, you would fit right in with those other witch-hunters of antiquity - you just love to make up things about others, when in truth, you haven't a clue on what you are talking about, but are just itching to see someone fall.
<quoted text>
So?
He also mentions that you should "know yourself in order to know the kingdom of God", yet you reject this.
Jesus actually says alot of things you callously reject.
Don't give me a sad story, it all your own undoing.
Again, holding me to a "bible alone" standard wanting quotes from Christ as to everything I believe is sophomoric. I'm a Catholic and don't hew to "bible alone".

You, a man and not a kettle, believe that I should take your own word on your own authority and accept non-canonical scripture.

Sorry.

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

New Year

#475603 Sep 10, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you misunderstood.... the point I was trying to make is your link never said "Roman Catholic Church" it said "Catholic Church"
I expected a your link to say "RCC" but it didn't.
From your link.
12. Q. Say the Apostles’ Creed. A. I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth; and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord; who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified; died, and was buried. He descended into hell: the third day He arose again from the dead: He ascended into heaven, and sitteth at the right hand of God, the Father Almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead.
"I
believe in the Holy Ghost,
the{{{{{ Holy Catholic Church,}}}}}}
the communion of Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the
resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen."
Anyway case closed. Have a great day!
STAR

it took me a while to figure out which link counterfeiters to..since it was not included I your post ..

Anyway since the reference to my sis ..I figured out it was

The CATECHISM link.

I said NOTHING about the creed ..look at question 133

As I have detailed when I post ....

HOLY ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH .

case closed .

Lot of things in there and stuff from Pope Pius...infallible encyclical??
Regarding evolution ..Humanis. something .
It sure dies not agree with current Church thinking we may be descended from dome other biological life form.

That's the thing about BIBLE STUDY ..the BIBKE has God's inspired message to us about all we need to know ...Not stuff being added
Millennia,later .to go along with scientific theories ...which are just THST THEORIES. subject to change .

To deny your Roman roots or the story of creation .

That current Catholics have changed ..But I guess when US older folks die off ..it won't matter what I learned from my CATECHISM or the nuns

It was called the ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH ....in your own CATECHISM and by the nuns,and priests in two different states ..That I know,of personally

..until then ..my long term memory ..thankfully is intact ...

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#475604 Sep 10, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Rock Hudson was a queen....Mary was not.She was, by her own words, the handmaiden of the Lord...
BTW...When pray to God, is that not an act of worship????? When you attend church on Sundays...who do you worship????
ALL Catholics worship Jesus!!! Our Mass is Jesus centered. We honor our heavenly Blessed Mother Mary, as you should.

Rock Hudson??? LOL You follow that type of 'queen' Now we know, why you hate everything that is good.

You will answer to Jesus if you ever get to see HIM. Talking about HIS Blessed Mother like that. Shame, shame, shame!!!

The Magnificat, taken from Luke’s Gospel (1:46-55),

is the Blessed Virgin Mary’s hymn of praise to

the Lord. It is also known as the Canticle of Mary

in the Liturgy of the Hours, a special collection of scripture readings, psalms, and hymns that constitute what is known as the prayer of the church.(Priests and other religious are required to pray sections from the Liturgy of the Hours each day.)

My soul magnifies the Lord
And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior;
Because he has regarded the lowliness of his handmaid;
For behold, henceforth all generations shall call me blessed;
Because he who is mighty has done great things for me,
and holy is his name;
And his mercy is from generation to generation
on those who fear him.
He has shown might with his arm,
He has scattered the proud in the conceit of their heart.
He has put down the mighty from their thrones,
and has exalted the lowly.
He has filled the hungry with good things,
and the rich he has sent away empty.
He has given help to Israel, his servant, mindful of his mercy
Even as he spoke to our fathers, to Abraham and to his posterity forever.
Luke’s Gospel (1:46-55)

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

New Year

#475605 Sep 10, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you misunderstood.... the point I was trying to make is your link never said "Roman Catholic Church" it said "Catholic Church"
I expected a your link to say "RCC" but it didn't.
From your link.
12. Q. Say the Apostles’ Creed. A. I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth; and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord; who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified; died, and was buried. He descended into hell: the third day He arose again from the dead: He ascended into heaven, and sitteth at the right hand of God, the Father Almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead.
"I
believe in the Holy Ghost,
the{{{{{ Holy Catholic Church,}}}}}}
the communion of Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the
resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen."
Anyway case closed. Have a great day!
Oops the link
http://catecheticsonline.com/...

NOW this time look at the question I referred to 133'

#475606 Sep 10, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't shake the "Two and A Half Men" theme song out of my head whan I read these posts.
Too funny, try this ......

Found it today.....

Pad

Rockford, IL

#475607 Sep 10, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is a Spiritual conversion as the SPIRIT OF GOD no less enters us !!! wow Pad its what the prophets were looking to see that God indeed does reside us!
Yes,it should cause us to get excited.I believe that the gospel message for us is the salvation of Christ in us,and which brings about a great JOY to every believer who allows the Lord Jesus to come into him or her and sup with them,but never to leave!
Dan

Omaha, NE

#475608 Sep 10, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Too funny, try this ......
Found it today.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Scn_dEYYvkkXX
Bummer-

Nice tune, but was hoping for a like 10 hour loop of the theme song.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#475609 Sep 10, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
"Your Church dates back to the 4th century"
No it doesn't Pad. It dates back to 33 AD. At no time did the Church that Christ started; and the hierarchy of Bishops, Priests and Deacons the Apostles established, suddenly become a different group....or an abolished group.
I believe what you're trying to imply, is that Constantine changed it to a different Church in 313 AD. There is absolutely no proof of this and I don't know why fundamentals continue to imply it. The Church changed Constantine, not the other way around. Really, you believe a conspiracy fantasy scenario that conveniently fits on paper.. But only if you ignore Church teaching in the first 4 centuries and pretend Constantine introduced those things.
Roman has nothin to do with the title of a Church. Its Catholic. SO if you choose to use the title out of context, your guilty of misleading people.
The apostles themselves warned the believers to beware of wolves,false shepherds,false apostles and so on,so if the so-called Catholic church started in 33 AD,it was confronted by false teachers immediately,and to what we see today,much of what you practice is part and parcel with those errors and false doctrines.

Even your RCC teachers tell you you do not have to believe or accept everything you hear in your church,and it seems that there is much to filter out,and that is why we have many other Christian churches that exist to the glory of God,not using such practices in our churches.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#475610 Sep 10, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You follow the teaching of mere natural men.
A. They teach you Mary remained a virgin evermore. God's Word says Joseph took her to wife...you choose to believe men instead of God....I believe God.....
You believe what someone told you God's word said.

'Mary's question (Luke 1:34), the angel's answer (Luke 1:35-37), Joseph's way of behaving in his doubt (Matthew 1:19-25), Christ's words addressed to the Jews (John 8:19) show that Mary retained her virginity during the conception of her Divine Son.

As to Mary's virginity after her childbirth, it is not denied by St. Matthew's expressions "before they came together" (1:18), "her firstborn son" (1:25), nor by the fact that the New Testament books repeatedly refer to the "brothers of Jesus".[66] The words "before they came together" mean probably, "before they lived in the same house", referring to the time when they were merely betrothed; but even if the words be understood of marital intercourse, they only state that the Incarnation took place before any such intercourse had intervened, without implying that it did occur after the Incarnation of the Son of God.[67]

[66] Matt., xii, 46-47; xiii, 55-56; Mark, iii, 31-32; iii, 3; Luke, viii, 19-20; John, ii, 12; vii, 3, 5, 10; Acts, i, 14; I Cor., ix, 5; Galatians 1:19; Jude, 1
[67] cf. St. Jerome, in Matt., i, 2 (P.L., XXVI, 24-25)'

Source link: http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/15464b.htm
Clay

United States

#475611 Sep 10, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops the link
We already explained why its called 'Roman' Catholic, Rose. What more do you want? Line 133 of the Baltimore catechism is correct, within the context its used.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#475612 Sep 10, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>The apostles themselves warned the believers to beware of wolves,false shepherds,false apostles and so on,so if the so-called Catholic church started in 33 AD,it was confronted by false teachers immediately,and to what we see today,much of what you practice is part and parcel with those errors and false doctrines.
Even your RCC teachers tell you you do not have to believe or accept everything you hear in your church,and it seems that there is much to filter out,and that is why we have many other Christian churches that exist to the glory of God,not using such practices in our churches.
What errors and false doctrines can you cite for us? One or two will suffice.

The Church does not tell us we don't have to believe the teachings of the Church. What an odd thing to say.

#475613 Sep 10, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops the link
Oh okay I see it now.

"The Church Jesus established was known by its most common title, "the Catholic Church," at least as early as the year 107, when Ignatius of Antioch used that title to describe the one Church Jesus founded. The title apparently was old in Ignatius’s time, which means it probably went all the way back to the time of the apostles."

When ALL were of same mind and teachings. Universal = Catholic.

No problem calling RCC or just Catholic, same Church.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#475614 Sep 10, 2013
<quoted text>
You are off-topic. I went through all of this with June.
This forum is not about me or my beliefs.
FYI - when you can begin answering my questions to you with honesty and truthfulness, then I will begin answering your questions.
Do you have something that is on-topic?
So it is okay for you to constantly ask us to try your theories on whether God really answers our prayers or not,and whatever. What you ask is rooted in what you believe,so stop playing games NASL,actually you are off topic,because you try to undermine what we believe,and what you believe inspires you to challenge us.
Clay

United States

#475615 Sep 10, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>The apostles themselves warned the believers to beware of wolves,false shepherds,false apostles and so on,so if the so-called Catholic church started in 33 AD,it was confronted by false teachers immediately,and to what we see today,much of what you practice is part and parcel with those errors and false doctrines.
Whatever Pad, keep believing that crap if you want. Keep pretending you and the other evangelicals are now receiving the truth, 1900 yrs later.... Our Lords ministry was completely messed up, then the Bible was printed for you guys to bring everyone to truth. I can't understand why anyone takes yous seriously.

#475616 Sep 10, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Bummer-
Nice tune, but was hoping for a like 10 hour loop of the theme song.
No, you won't hear it from me.... I don't like that show at all.
Stopped watching it years ago.

Sorry.
Clay

United States

#475617 Sep 10, 2013
Pad wrote:
Pad, show me where Jesus says to compile a Bible.

Something so important as a Bible for the Christian, and Jesus never tells us which Books to put in it? Why is that?
Pad

Rockford, IL

#475618 Sep 10, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
What errors and false doctrines can you cite for us? One or two will suffice.
The Church does not tell us we don't have to believe the teachings of the Church. What an odd thing to say.
The FIRST Commandment for starters.Your organization manufactures images and statues,at the direct disobedience to God Himself,not that your images and or statues are actually gods or idols as such,but that God told us not to create such things for worship of Him,let alone His dear Son.

The abuse of relics,in that there has to be some lie in connection with the many relics that lay underneath the many altars of many Churches world-wide.

The Rosary is rooted in paganism or false religions,Buddhism,Hinduism and Islam all have similar beads that are recited for their tenets of religion.

Purgatory,defies the Completeness of the Cross.Some one reference in the Maccabees does not constitute a whole doctrine which may resemble a Jewish concept of heaven and hell,that is without the C R O S S of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

#475619 Sep 10, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
"Rosesz
You never answered my question: Do you have any idea what Christ said must, absolutely, without any doubt whatever, no exceptions, happen for you to enter into Heaven?????
You, evidently, don't know, or you would have replied.
You call God, Father. No one can claim that status as a natural birthright...some are children of the father of all lies...the devil..
Share with us the events that occurred in your life that culminated in you becoming one of His daughters..."

TO WHICH confrinting wrote....
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You are always saying...
"You never answered my question:"
WHO ARE YOU... to require answers of any one.../
If you are attempting to learn it might be legit to ask questions..
But
If you are attempting to teach...cease your personal opinions and private
interpretations...
Give the eternal word of God..
Let the other person
learn from ....GOD BREATHED (HOLY GHOST ANOINTED/INSPIRED) WORD ..
Heb 4:12 For the word of God is
quick, and
powerful, and
sharper than any twoedged sword,
piercing even to the dividing asunder
of soul and
spirit, and
of the
joints and
marrow, and
is a discerner of the thoughts and
intents of the heart.
Heb 4:13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.
___
THE PSALMIST WROTE.
Psa 119:89 . For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.
Psa 119:90 Thy faithfulness is unto all generations: thou hast established the earth, and it abideth.
Psa 119:91 They continue this day according to thine ordinances: for all are thy servants.
every false way.
Psa 119:105 NUN. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
Psa 119:106 I have sworn, and I will perform it, that I will keep thy righteous judgments.
Psa 119:107 I am afflicted very much: quicken me, O LORD, according unto thy word.
Psa 119:108 Accept, I beseech thee, the freewill offerings of my mouth, O LORD, and teach me thy judgments.
Psa 119:109 My soul is continually in my hand: yet do I not forget thy
law.
Psa 119:110 The wicked have laid a snare for me: yet I erred not from thy precepts.
Psa 119:111 Thy testimonies have I taken as an heritage for ever: for they are the rejoicing of my heart.
Psa 119:112 I have inclined mine heart to perform thy statutes alway, even unto the end.
Protestant vs protestant!! Again!
Not surprised, happens all the time, go off and start a new church with your own made up rules.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#475620 Sep 10, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Pad, show me where Jesus says to compile a Bible.
Something so important as a Bible for the Christian, and Jesus never tells us which Books to put in it? Why is that?
I thought,Clay, Jesus is G o d? He knows the beginning from the end,and how many times did our Lord state when confronted by the devil,"It is Written"?

Jesus no doubt knew that His apostles:Matthew,Mark,Luke,Joh m,Peter,Paul and James would write what they saw and heard from His own Lips and the things He did and TAUGHT. How can anyone do all of this orally,without a written account? The Jews were known for records and scrolls,and you do not think that our Lord would inspire His own through the power of the Holy Spirit,to write down what could be used to confirm what He taught orally? Your argument is really shallow Clay,I amsurprised at you.Like the RCC does not have a zillion books for you to read and ponder? And the Lord Jesus can't have O N E Book?

#475621 Sep 10, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE
if you don't give me what I want, I'll go elsewhere'.

THE ROMAN CATHOLIC RELIGIOUS SYSTEM DID JUST WHAT YOU ARE CLAIMING CENTURIES AGO..
IT POLLUTED CHRISTIANITY WITH FABLES,
ADDED INVENTIONS FROM THE FIGMENTS OF MANS IMAGINATION,
CONJURED UP CONJECTURE ...CREATED A RELIGION WITH ADMIXTURES OF PAGAN
PRACTICES AND ATTEMPTED TO BURY THE WORD OF GOD UNDER A MOUNTAIN OF
PIOUS PLATITUDES..
___
all the rest of THAT WHICH THE ROMAN CHURCH TEACHES AND PRACTICES AS MENTIONED ABOVE are
nothing but cosmetic....
that adds nothing but confusion of face..
IT IS ONLY RELIGIOUS CALISTHENICS.
Not directed to me but, here is my two cents.

The only ‘polluted’ mind here is you!!!! A follower of the teachings of
LIL’ AIMEE the founder of your church.
The modern day heretic, drug addicted, adulteress. You are a lost soul.

“In the years that followed, Sister Aimee continued her preaching and international tours, but her love affair with the press had ended, and rumors persistently followed her. She MARRIED A THIRD TIME in 1931, then divorced in 1934. She died in 1944 from an OVERDOSE of barbituates. She is buried at Forest Lawn Cemetery in Glendale, California. The Angelus Temple still is a church for the Foursquare Gospel, which today claims over two million members worldwide.”

http://www.usc.edu/libraries/archives/la/scan...

Canadian born Aimee Semple McPherson,
In 1922 she founded the Foursquare Gospel, a Pentecostal mission"

May our Lord have mercy on YOUR soul, for speaking like that about the ONLY Church JESUS FOUNDED, HIS CHURCH THE CATHOLIC CHURCH

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... 32 min swedenforever 11
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr Scales Off 8,913
The Persecution No One Dares Name (Aug '13) 2 hr PATX 4
Most Americans see combating climate change as ... Tue Ed_Reid 4
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Mon Jaimie 83,958
Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... Mar 1 Lawrence Wolf 2,021
Saudi effort to promote open society abroad in ... Feb 23 jinxi 3
More from around the web