Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 595632 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Perth, Australia

#475546 Sep 10, 2013
did you liked wicket
especially when people walk and sleep over but did not see nothing
yepppppppppppppppppppppppppppp ppppppppppppppp

pillars

are you for sure you did not know where is that place

djecu cete svoju jesti

kad se bude zemlja tresti

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#475547 Sep 10, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

Man-made texts trying to define, as you stated, sufficient clarity that they can then discover God through living and relationship "The Eucharist is a mystery" to continue a ruse and mislead others.
Way to go!!
Self.
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>New Age Though I know of my church's position of consubstantiality,the church also says they used that concept reluctantly and did not go into specifics of how the change occurs.My own judgment is its best not to speculate about things that surpass our minds knowledge and processes and then try to capture it in language which is also limited. The church always gets into trouble when it assumes it can explain the mind and workings of God.I am of the position that we should explain enough to give people some coordinates and then then let them discover God's Truths through relationship with him and through living the Truths
Oh Herme - you don't have to explain to me.

I already understand that man - NO MATTER WHAT THE TEXT may be - cannot define any god - "God" included.

Those who think they can, are wrong, arrogant, and very uninformed, although allowing their own emotions and thoughts to take charge.

You still are describing the Self and how it does things the way we choose.

No religion or god involved.

Believing in a "mystery" is all good and grand, but when someone thinks they have solved the mystery by explaining it in their own way, now becomes interpretation and personal opinion.

Which is still Self.

Albuquerque, NM

#475548 Sep 10, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Your focal point is neither GOD nor JESUS...
IT IS SELF...
THAT IS ALL THAT YOU ATTEMPT TO GLORIFY...
YOU ALWAYS PRESENT YOUR SELF AS YOUR SAVIOR...
YOU ARE IN FOR A RUDE AWAKENING ...WHEN YOU FACE GOD...
A SELF MADE PERSON..CAN ALWAYS BE IDENTIFIED BY THE SIZE OF THEIR MOUTH.
Because I promote what Jesus taught - "to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God".

I'm sorry you don't believe what Jesus taught.

But don't fret because I do. It is what all you so-called "Christians" want - for me to believe in Jesus, but lo and behold, I get admionished for it?

You are confused.

BTW - you wrote - "YOU ARE IN FOR A RUDE AWAKENING ...WHEN YOU FACE GOD..."

How is it that you know I will face "God" or anyone for that matter?

Have you died and come back? I doubt you have experienced any NDE either.

But, you may believe anything you wish, right?

You've probably read my posts on NDEs, so you already know that those who have had these occurrances, never faced "God" nor were judged, yet you still want to continue in your charade to others and try to mislead those individuals into some sort of nonsense that you make up.

Wanna try again? Maybe this time, you can support your false conclusion that I will be judged by "God".

Please post the specific passage by "God" or Jesus that states this will occur.

Albuquerque, NM

#475549 Sep 10, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The ignorance of Gnosticism.
Diocletian wasn't a Christian.
He persecuted Christians.
No one is a "Christian".

But in the early days of the religion - you were catholic = small "c".

Stop diverting and puffing up yourself Dan.

How we got to these individuals did this or did that, was a diversion on your behalf, when you decided to throw back onto me, "please post where God says which texts are inspired".

The exact question I've posed to this forum first, yet have seen an answer for.

Why? Because there is none, but you and your other co-religionists are so gullible and afraid to admit that, because it destroys any belief in Christianity - or int he least - makes it a false doctrine and just a rub for those who are gullible.

How 'bout you stop dancing around the forum and playing footsie with others and post the answer:

Where does "God" specifically state which texts are "of His" inspiration and which are not?

Or admit that there isn't any.

As always, your choice.

Self.

Learn it, live it, love it.

Albuquerque, NM

#475550 Sep 10, 2013
typo = "yet have seen an answer for"

should be = "haven't seen"
truth

Perth, Australia

#475552 Sep 10, 2013
scripture describe

Jesus speak in parable.

Are you laying Holy Spirit?
yes you are..

Holy Spirit will reviel you if i am liar.
but i am not..

your lovers in not my lovers
your law is not my law
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o

pelican island

Albuquerque, NM

#475553 Sep 10, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Over 2000 years of VERIFIABLE and TRUE Church History, proves that the Catholic Church (unquestionably and undeniably) IS the One TRUE Faith and the One TRUE Church that Jesus formed, established and initiated in Matthew 16:13-21. It is not the ONLY Church --but it IS the One TRUE Church,---- and----- it is the ONLY Church that teaches the FULLNESS of the FAITH and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH, with the OVERABUNDING COMPLETENESS of Gods Grace....... Bible Only Protestants can "burger flip" their own "personal opinions" ALL THEY WANT, but that doesn't "change the AUTHENTICATED TRUTH" of over 2000 years, of (investigative research) from the vast majority of highly accredited, reliable and intellectually astute Church Historians and Apologist authors and writers who have studied and researched Church History for 100's and 100's and thousands of years!!
You are telling fibs.

We've already verified the veracity of your posts and information and all have failed to be true.

Get over yourself - you aren't that special.
truth

Perth, Australia

#475554 Sep 10, 2013
Why you laying Holy Spirit?

Did deceiver or possessor have that kingdom?

What most holy Scripture say?

-don't be deceived

Deceiver is your God!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#475555 Sep 10, 2013
How many face on how many place?
Is that to know yourself?
truth

Perth, Australia

#475556 Sep 10, 2013
psalm 146

trust in what

it is written
they liked come in my name its not me

it is written

wicket can't have holy ticket

wicket try ruin every family
set up so ever
and whats so ever

wicket is not righteousness
no
there is a not trust about law in wicket
it is written
truth

Perth, Australia

#475557 Sep 10, 2013
string is dengarose fish in Ocean ..why?
tail=ital
why italy wage war there

its good have someone in every army

observe is better then serve
shut up
who say not me
obey

nechu=no
shout up
who say that
excuse me please
i am not your soldier
https://www.google.com.au/search...

n

someone try accuse me
why
not to descover them
what they think

psalm 146
truth

Perth, Australia

#475558 Sep 10, 2013
did you interfering judging my family

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyy
accusers are most worse then anyone

i told you

i am as i am as i always been
myself
n
truth

Perth, Australia

#475559 Sep 10, 2013
http://theparadiseoftheredsea.blogspot.com.au...

shut up

your law is not my law

nechu=no
ahchiiiiiiiiiiii pshyhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ahchiiiiiiiii
mr kia.vi.ca

You don't lake me!

no..
Why should be?

sram te bilo
Which chocolate you lake=red?

http://theparadiseoftheredsea.blogspot.com.au...

aida41'
baida=?
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#475560 Sep 10, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>New Age Though I know of my church's position of consubstantiality,the church also says they used that concept reluctantly and did not go into specifics of how the change occurs.My own judgment is its best not to speculate about things that surpass our minds knowledge and processes and then try to capture it in language which is also limited. The church always gets into trouble when it assumes it can explain the mind and workings of God.I am of the position that we should explain enough to give people some coordinates and then then let them discover God's Truths through relationship with him and through living the Truths
Having a reluctance to define Divine mysteries is of course understandable and it's not something the Catholic Church relishes doing, however Hermi, there are many examples BEFORE the schism when the Church was forced to do so because she was being torn apart by heresy. You know what I'm referring to so it isn't necessary for me to repeat it. My feeling is that it would've been preferable NOT to have to use the term 'transubstantiation', but as I said, heresy forces the Churches hand.

BTW, yes, the Church was started in the East (Jerusalem actually), but you certainly can't infer that Greece, Russia, Serbia, etc. has a superior claim to apostlic origins than Rome.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#475561 Sep 10, 2013
<quoted text>
No one is a "Christian".
But in the early days of the religion - you were catholic = small "c".
Stop diverting and puffing up yourself Dan.
How we got to these individuals did this or did that, was a diversion on your behalf, when you decided to throw back onto me, "please post where God says which texts are inspired".
The exact question I've posed to this forum first, yet have seen an answer for.
Why? Because there is none, but you and your other co-religionists are so gullible and afraid to admit that, because it destroys any belief in Christianity - or int he least - makes it a false doctrine and just a rub for those who are gullible.
How 'bout you stop dancing around the forum and playing footsie with others and post the answer:
Where does "God" specifically state which texts are "of His" inspiration and which are not?
Or admit that there isn't any.
As always, your choice.
Self.
Learn it, live it, love it.
Yeah-I'm diverting.

You cite Diocletian as an example of a Catholic destroying scripture, I point out that he wasn't, in fact, a Christian but rather a noted persecutor of same, and I'm now diverting.

Christ, in scripture, conferred ministerial authority to priests who interpreted those scriptures and declared canon. Scripture didn't come with a divinely inspired table of contents, thus the process of working through it and declaring canon.

I'm good here. My "self", that is.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#475562 Sep 10, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Having a reluctance to define Divine mysteries is of course understandable and it's not something the Catholic Church relishes doing, however Hermi, there are many examples BEFORE the schism when the Church was forced to do so because she was being torn apart by heresy. You know what I'm referring to so it isn't necessary for me to repeat it. My feeling is that it would've been preferable NOT to have to use the term 'transubstantiation', but as I said, heresy forces the Churches hand.
BTW, yes, the Church was started in the East (Jerusalem actually), but you certainly can't infer that Greece, Russia, Serbia, etc. has a superior claim to apostlic origins than Rome.
Hogwash...

"Divine mystery" such as "transubstantiation" is an absurd excuse for catlicks teaching against Scripture......

Christ never taught opposite of any teaching in the Bible, nor did He ever promote cannibalism..

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#475563 Sep 10, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, yes, the Church was started in the East (Jerusalem actually), but you certainly can't infer that Greece, Russia, Serbia, etc. has a superior claim to apostolic origins than Rome.
Agreed that the Church was unfortunately put in the position of having to more specifically define a matter that defies such definition.As far as Apostolic origins, I have seen every kind of circuitous explanation why one church is more apostolic than another. And I do not think this fight has to do with Christ and His mission. It has to do with politics. And it is pride and politics that have always been all churches' worst temptation and fall.

Albuquerque, NM

#475564 Sep 10, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah-I'm diverting.
You cite Diocletian as an example of a Catholic destroying scripture, I point out that he wasn't, in fact, a Christian but rather a noted persecutor of same, and I'm now diverting.
Christ, in scripture, conferred ministerial authority to priests who interpreted those scriptures and declared canon. Scripture didn't come with a divinely inspired table of contents, thus the process of working through it and declaring canon.
I'm good here. My "self", that is.
...and still no response or answer to "where 'God' specifically states which texts are inspired by "Him" and which are not.

Yep - you so-called "Christians" love to divert from the facts.

Typical.

What are you afraid of admitting to the truth?

Afraid to lose friends?

Afraid to lose your faith and hope?

Afraid to face reality and the facts?

What is it Dan?

I know, you would rather live a lie based upon man's version of "God".

Gotcha.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#475565 Sep 10, 2013
<quoted text>

Get over yourself - you aren't that special.
That is true,,,,, however, the One (and only One) True Apostolic Catholic Church, initiated, formed and established by Jesus Christ HIMSELF (in Matthew 16:13-21) over 2000 years ago---IS SPECIAL!!!
That is "precisely" why we, as Catholics choose to believe,"in the FULLNESS of the FAITH"..... worship "IN THE FULLNESS of the TRUTH and adhere to the TRUTH of the biblical and historically PROVEN TRUE TEACHINGS of Jesus Christ in and through HIS One True Catholic Church......... Anything else (since the Reformation) is just "watered down....half-truth....half-her esy (opinionated and editorialized) Christianity"!
Dan

Omaha, NE

#475566 Sep 10, 2013
<quoted text>
...and still no response or answer to "where 'God' specifically states which texts are inspired by "Him" and which are not.
Yep - you so-called "Christians" love to divert from the facts.
Typical.
What are you afraid of admitting to the truth?
Afraid to lose friends?
Afraid to lose your faith and hope?
Afraid to face reality and the facts?
What is it Dan?
I know, you would rather live a lie based upon man's version of "God".
Gotcha.
You insist that I hew to your version, do you not? You're a man, and you have a version of "God", which you obviously believe has no burden of proof. Only mine, apparently, has a burden of proof.

I explained how and/or why canon was developed. You can take it or leave it.

I'd love to get some facts from you, NASL.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News James Inhofe to Pope Francis: Shut up with your... 14 hr Earthling-1 31
News Milwaukee Art Museum's embrace of condom portra... 15 hr The Anti- Islamist 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jun 27 Gee Tee 9,522
News Pope's Leaked Encyclical on Climate Change Has ... Jun 26 Buybull Mullahs 6
News Global warming deniers unimpressed with pope's ... Jun 26 Earthling-1 118
News Pope urges revolution to save Earth, fix 'perve... Jun 25 Sterkfontein Swar... 30
News Delamaide: Pope joins bank critics Jun 23 Eleanor 1
More from around the web