Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653698 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#475760 Sep 11, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
....and you sound like GIF, Ox and all the other DIY's here.
"Yes I have - through learning and understanding Jesus"
All you guys declare yourselves authoritative.
You keep good company.
Dan, your arrogance is beginning to show again.

Who are you to state what theology is for an individual, when you can't even be honest about what you believe, who you believe, and why you believe?
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#475761 Sep 11, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I respect your beliefs ultimatley Clay,but I am disgusted when you even hint to the fact that I do not believe in the Deity of Christ. Don't do that Clay! Please!
I know in Whom I believe and am persuaded that He is able to keep me against that day! Jesus Christ(Yeshua ha Moshiach)is the Holy Incarnation,and He is God.Not a god,nor part of God,but God in Three Persons:Father,Son and Holy Spirit.
I didn't really think you were against Jesus being God incarnated. But i sincerely confess....i wasn't 100% sure. Remember there is at least one born again on here who is against the deity of Jesus.

Having said that, i understand the Jews would never think of trying to create an image of God by painting or sculpting, because God is indescribable using a visual. He's the light; love, goodness, Spirit.
But that all changed 2,000 yrs ago, when humanity could now put a face on God. He became one of us. With Jesus, we now were ok with painting a picture or carving of Him. If He appeared today in front of the world, it would be ok to paint another picture. Or using modern means....we could take a photo of him or watch him speak on video.

Albuquerque, NM

#475763 Sep 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, don't believe then. It don't affect me. You sound like a pot head anyway.
Catholic diversion when one knows they have lied and are ignorant.

Albuquerque, NM

#475764 Sep 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
That guy is kookier every time I talk to him. Men men men you believe men men men. Um hello, since creation, God used men to convey His truth to humanity! Lol
It is what it is.

You believe that fallible men could define an infallible being. And when you get asked questions regarding such, you claim "mystery".

And you think by calling me names will appease your lies?

It doesn't.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#475765 Sep 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Pad, Pad Pad Pad,
Dan asked you to provide something where the Catholic Church teaches that statues are to be accorded divine worship. Can you do that? We're not really interested about a parade where someone put money on a statue. If anyone does this believing the statue is an idol they are guilty and would go against the teachings of the Catholic Church.
Does the Church teach that statues are divine, yes or no?
(Sorry to butt in Dan)
Now if the CC did teach that the statues should be worshiped,it would be so much easier to pinpoint and condemn them. So actually the Church would not foster such,as they claim that they do not worship idols to begin with,why would they promote teaching their people that statues should be worshiped? Your question is really stupid,because I know better Clay.

It is the COMMAND of God to not have such in His presence,and that is disobedience,no matter what your church thinks of the statues they manufacture by the tons,world-wide.And that includes Protestant images,and so on.We all come short of His Commandments,but the CC has done this to a fault.Not that the prots are saints and blameless either.

Read my post to Robert F(Human Being).I am telling you in simple terms Clay,that God put in His commandments the decree not to have such things before Him in worship, and to do the opposite is disobedience,simple as that!So the CC could not even get past the first commandment without breaking it,take it up with the Creator.The ONE who gave those commandments to Moses!

Albuquerque, NM

#475766 Sep 11, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't shake the "Two and A Half Men" theme song out of my head whan I read these posts.
Funny you should mention that.

I think Christianity and its followers are a comedy gone tragedy.

Albuquerque, NM

#475767 Sep 11, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
You should be asking - why do I need the Sacraments.
Please state all the passages in and outside of the Bible that has Jesus listing those seven Sacraments you hold so dearly.
<quoted text>
What is with you always diverting, Dan? Who taught you to do this? They should've instead, taught you honesty.
No, I am not Oxbow, but one could compare he to you - you both enjoy being deceptive and dishonest.
<quoted text>
In the case of "inspired texts" - Yes. I'm sorry you would rather take man's word for it over Jesus'.
Ya know something, you would fit right in with those other witch-hunters of antiquity - you just love to make up things about others, when in truth, you haven't a clue on what you are talking about, but are just itching to see someone fall.
<quoted text>
So?
He also mentions that you should "know yourself in order to know the kingdom of God", yet you reject this.
Jesus actually says alot of things you callously reject.
Don't give me a sad story, it all your own undoing.
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, holding me to a "bible alone" standard wanting quotes from Christ as to everything I believe is sophomoric. I'm a Catholic and don't hew to "bible alone".
You, a man and not a kettle, believe that I should take your own word on your own authority and accept non-canonical scripture.
Sorry.
This is your problem. I haven't required you to do anything.

All I have done is ask you questions concerning your "faith". But unfortunately, you aren't secure in your faith, because you continue to lie and mislead others. Let's see how you express yourself:

"holding me to a "bible alone" standard wanting quotes from Christ as to everything I believe is sophomoric."
- I don't do this. In fact, I've requested for you and many others to tell me why you don't accdept non-Bible texts. So you are wrong here. Trying to mislead others is the only thing I can see you are trying to do.

"I'm a Catholic and don't hew to "bible alone"."
- I know - you only accept what men have told you to believe - either through their own personal writings, or some other man-made creation - yeah like the Catechism.

"You, a man and not a kettle, believe that I should take your own word on your own authority and accept non-canonical scripture."
- Please post the link to my post that has me saying this authorization?

Why are you continuing to post lies about me?

Is it that hard for you to be honest, Dan?

What are you afraid of?
Pad

Rockford, IL

#475768 Sep 11, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not a priest, brother nor a deacon.
I'm a layman.
Statuary is not venerated-the object is a statue.
I'm of Irish descent. I have crucifixes in my home. I do not worship nor venerate the object. It is a representation of Christ. I do worship Christ.
Yes, I require a cited statement from a Catholic source. I want you to simply provide support for your assertion that Catholics worship objects. That support would consist of Catholic teaching (their teachings are readily accessible should you wish to find them) that instructs the adherents that objects are to be accorded divine worship, or that anything or anyone receives divine worship other than God.
You're diverting here by attempting to posit that ritual and practice is somehow bad due to the fact that other religions have ritual and practice.
You want your confirmation from again your church,that they would never teach such things.I told Clay,that is a stupid question.Why would they teach you not to have idols,and than to worship a statue?But actions speak louder than words Dan, the veneration of statues is very sacred in your church,and I doubt that those cucifixes in your house would be desecrated by you in any way shape or form. You would be really angry if someone even mentioned to you that those statues in your home are not sacred!
I do not fault you,nor condemn you for having such,but I am telling you plain and simple,the CC you belong to has centuries of that sin on them of disobedience for the manufacture of those images,in direct defiance to th First commandment. God is God,the CC will have to answer to Him for that,and with God all things are possible,perhaps one day you will see that happen in heaven before the throne of God.

Albuquerque, NM

#475769 Sep 11, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
What errors and false doctrines can you cite for us? One or two will suffice.
The ignorance within Christianity and the RCC.
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church does not tell us we don't have to believe the teachings of the Church. What an odd thing to say.
You are right, I am part of the so-called "Church" and I don't believe most of what the "Church" states, as they are incomplete and insufficient in expressing what Jesus taught.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#475770 Sep 11, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Now if the CC did teach that the statues should be worshiped,it would be so much easier to pinpoint and condemn them. So actually the Church would not foster such,as they claim that they do not worship idols to begin with,why would they promote teaching their people that statues should be worshiped? Your question is really stupid,because I know better Clay.
It is the COMMAND of God to not have such in His presence,and that is disobedience,no matter what your church thinks of the statues they manufacture by the tons,world-wide.And that includes Protestant images,and so on.We all come short of His Commandments,but the CC has done this to a fault.Not that the prots are saints and blameless either.
Read my post to Robert F(Human Being).I am telling you in simple terms Clay,that God put in His commandments the decree not to have such things before Him in worship, and to do the opposite is disobedience,simple as that!So the CC could not even get past the first commandment without breaking it,take it up with the Creator.The ONE who gave those commandments to Moses!
What's your deal Pad? I don't believe for one second that you actually think we're worshiping statues. I know you don't believe this, because i can see from your posts that you are able to put words together and form sentences. Therefore you have at least a 3rd grade education.
Clearly you are purposely taking the first commandment out of context. Use your words, reason, and logic to see what God is against. ok? He's against false gods...the Golden Calf ring a bell? This makes Him jealous.

Does it make any sense to you, that God can be jealous of a statue of Mary holding the infant Jesus? Of course not. It doesn't make sense at all.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#475771 Sep 11, 2013
<quoted text>
It is what it is.
You believe that fallible men could define an infallible being. And when you get asked questions regarding such, you claim "mystery".
And you think by calling me names will appease your lies?
It doesn't.
Men wrote every Book of the Bible.
truth

Perth, Australia

#475772 Sep 11, 2013
tragedy
what deference between
t rag ged y
Region Gideon=destroyer =tragedy.
rad red rid rod rud
rag reg rig rog rug
gad ged gid god gud
Please tell me why i am wrong my lovely confe.

Puni mi u rog hu huuuuuu as destroyer you will have peace as baterflay batlle as what?
https://www.google.com.au/search...
truth

Perth, Australia

#475773 Sep 11, 2013

Albuquerque, NM

#475774 Sep 11, 2013

You are off-topic. I went through all of this with June.
This forum is not about me or my beliefs.
FYI - when you can begin answering my questions to you with honesty and truthfulness, then I will begin answering your questions.
Do you have something that is on-topic?
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>So it is okay for you to constantly ask us to try your theories on whether God really answers our prayers or not,and whatever.
Facts, Pad. Facts.

You get to choose what to believe. I'm just ensure that WHAT YOU SAY, YOU DO, and not apply deception and other feeble tactics instead.

How 'bout something new....try to be honest about what you beleive and stop running and hiding or playing the diversion card.

Yeah, right, huh? Honesty - something a so-called "Christian" throws out with the bathwater and baby.
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>What you ask is rooted in what you believe,so stop playing games NASL,actually you are off topic,
What I ask is rooted in the fundamentals of belief in Christianity.

a. You refuse to accept "God" inspires everyone, and that "He" is limited in "His inspiration".
b. You refuse to believe in all of what Jesus taught, all because men told you not too. Thus you believe men over Jesus.
c. You refuse to state that man wrote the Bible. Dishonesty at its height. And when you people state this, it always has a qualifier that you refuse to support of show evidence for. Dishonesty and misleading tactic.

Don't whine about what you refuse to do to me, I'm trying to help you better understand your misgivings and bullshite.

All you have to do is be honest with me, yet you seem to can't extend yourself to this level.

And you think you are a "Christian"? Far from it, as it is proven with just these three items.

And you think with pointing out the fact that I am pointing out your failures to achieve salvation, that you are in the right?

Yeah, sure Pad. Keep the lies to yourself. I don't need them.
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>because you try to undermine what we believe,and what you believe inspires you to challenge us.
I undermine the beliefs that man has put forth that are false, misleading, uninformed and well.....of man and not "of God".

You choose to believe them.

I've chosen to help correct those errors from 1800+ years ago.

As I can tell, you have a problem with it. Okay, great - way to step-up.

Then refute my statements with other facts and not your assinine personal objection. Show me WHY I am wrong, instead of repeating your mantra of "I do this" or "I do that" or "you are kooky".

You should read your posts from my perspective - as you sound kookier than Clay, but more intelligent than Dan.

Facts, Pad. Honesty, Pad. The truth, Pad.

Self.

Albuquerque, NM

#475775 Sep 11, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Bummer-
Nice tune, but was hoping for a like 10 hour loop of the theme song.
There is medication for this.

;o)
Pad

Rockford, IL

#475776 Sep 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't really think you were against Jesus being God incarnated. But i sincerely confess....i wasn't 100% sure. Remember there is at least one born again on here who is against the deity of Jesus.
Having said that, i understand the Jews would never think of trying to create an image of God by painting or sculpting, because God is indescribable using a visual. He's the light; love, goodness, Spirit.
But that all changed 2,000 yrs ago, when humanity could now put a face on God. He became one of us. With Jesus, we now were ok with painting a picture or carving of Him. If He appeared today in front of the world, it would be ok to paint another picture. Or using modern means....we could take a photo of him or watch him speak on video.
No doubt with our modern technology we can view the Lord when He returns and so on.The image I am speaking about are the statues graven in scope before God.Which to Him was disdained because of the surrounding nations that plagued Israel,the APPLE of His eye. There was never a decree from God that the manufacture of images,carved,kilmed and so on would be allowed just because His Son is a Human Being.

I do not see Jesus changing the commandments of His Father.Nor do I see Clay, THE APOSTLES changing them either. For daily the Apostles visited the synagogues to continue to share in the Jewish feasts and to keep the Law,and the reading of the Torah in their hearts.Nothing changed from God's perspective of what He gave to Moses,and Jesus came to fulfill that.Which means He did not change one iota of the Torah,but He is the LOVING fulfillment of the Torah,in HIM is the heart beat of the Father to the people of God,the ELECT!

Now if the Jews rejected that,it is upon their heads,but what came to the gentiles from the Apostles was the truth that was fulfilled in both the Torah,and through Christ.The gentiles were from idol-worshiping religions,I do not think Clay, that Jesus introduced to them a myriad of statues and carved images to replace the idols!

If the CC did it,that does not mean JESUS did it.That is more than ridiculous,and alien to the KINGDOM of the Father.You will no doubt be pleased to see the statues of your church,and I cannot fault you on that,but be assured that it is the CC who gave that to you not the LORD God,In His Son Yeshua,within the framework of the Torah,Tanach,the Prophets and the New Covenant of the Apostles!

The Bible is a Jewish Book it is not Catholic! Our roots are Judaism not Catholicism.Our Lord was a Jew,His mother a Jewish maiden,His step-father Joseph a Jewish carpenter. All the Apostles were Jews.Luke was a gentile physician.The foundation of our faith is rooted and steeped in Judaism which is the Elect of God.Nothing has changed in regard to His Commandments,they still exist and tower over the whole of our benediction to the truth of the God of Israel.

Albuquerque, NM

#475777 Sep 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Pad, show me where Jesus says to compile a Bible.
Something so important as a Bible for the Christian, and Jesus never tells us which Books to put in it? Why is that?
I ask these types of questions and you Catholics call me names.

But when you ask a similar question, it sounds "righteous" to ask?

You are a misleading fraud.
truth

Perth, Australia

#475778 Sep 11, 2013
I am not wrote nothing against you..why should be?
Its words..in beginning is words.

mind is sharp as sword with words..
my mind is not yours
if my mind is not yours
as well not my
what stay in my mind
explain
words string s t ring or strong n=14 g=7 147
whats stay strong 147 represent destruction which nothing exist 1/3

alphabetic
alpha and omega
could you explain that please..
Dan

Omaha, NE

#475779 Sep 11, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>You want your confirmation from again your church,that they would never teach such things.I told Clay,that is a stupid question.Why would they teach you not to have idols,and than to worship a statue?But actions speak louder than words Dan, the veneration of statues is very sacred in your church,and I doubt that those cucifixes in your house would be desecrated by you in any way shape or form. You would be really angry if someone even mentioned to you that those statues in your home are not sacred!
I do not fault you,nor condemn you for having such,but I am telling you plain and simple,the CC you belong to has centuries of that sin on them of disobedience for the manufacture of those images,in direct defiance to th First commandment. God is God,the CC will have to answer to Him for that,and with God all things are possible,perhaps one day you will see that happen in heaven before the throne of God.
It's not a stupid question. You only say that because you can't answer it. You know we aren't taught that, and you're in a corner now.

If we believe what you say we believe, why would I fear your reaction to it?

I don't care that I hold differing beliefs with you about the Eucharist, about Mary, about confession, about baptism, etc. I'm not concerned about what you think about them or that you'd react negatively to it.

The commandment is to not worship any save God. Don't make idols. You keep glossing that over. Why? Again, you likely wear a cross, your pastor likely does, and your place of worship likely has at least one displayed.
truth

Perth, Australia

#475780 Sep 11, 2013
Do you stay under cancel of someone?
Did you know every street where they waiting?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis wades into transgender debate, lam... 7 hr South Knox Hombre 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 22 Married in 10,204
News Pope Francis' Remarks Disappoint Gay and Transg... Aug 4 Leon 2
News The Pope s War Aug 2 The Proclaimer 1
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Aug 1 Bob 1
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' (Feb '16) Jul '16 make Donald Drump... 47
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul '16 Crusader 4
More from around the web