Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
458,901 - 458,920 of 532,517 Comments Last updated 7 min ago
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

Sunday, September 08, 2013
This Evening's Meditation
C. H. Spurgeon

----------

"The exceeding greatness of His power to us-ward who believe according to the working of His mighty power, which He wrought in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead."—Ephesians 1:19, 20.
N the resurrection of Christ, as in our salvation, there was put forth nothing short of a divine power. What shall we say of those who think that conversion is wrought by the free will of man, and is due to his own betterness of disposition? When we shall see the dead rise from the grave by their own power, then may we expect to see ungodly sinners of their own free will turning to Christ. It is not the word preached, nor the word read in itself; all quickening power proceeds from the Holy Ghost. This power was irresistible. All the soldiers and the high priests could not keep the body of Christ in the tomb; Death himself could not hold Jesus in his bonds: even thus irresistible is the power put forth in the believer when he is raised to newness of life. No sin, no corruption, no devils in hell nor sinners upon earth, can stay the hand of God's grace when it intends to convert a man. If God omnipotently says, "Thou shalt," man shall not say, "I will not." Observe that the power which raised Christ from the dead was glorious. It reflected honour upon God and wrought dismay in the hosts of evil. So there is great glory to God in the conversion of every sinner. It was everlasting power. "Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over Him." So we, being raised from the dead, go not back to our dead works nor to our old corruptions, but we live unto God. "Because He lives we live also." "For we are dead, and our life is hid with Christ in God." "Like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life." Lastly, in the text mark the union of the new life to Jesus. The same power which raised the Head works life in the members. What a blessing to be quickened together with Christ!
Human Being

Kinder, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Not that too many prots may have gone to EWTN to view the Pope's prayer vigil for Peace in Syria,and the world.But He and his Cardinals were not sensitive to the fact that non-Catholics might be turned off to the recitation of the Rosary.There was a huge icon of the Madonna,and the Pope preceded to lead the whole audience into hearing and reciting prayers to Mary,and Salve Regina was sung.The Catholic view must be that when you pray for peace,you should pray only to Mary,as she is the mediator between man and Jesus?
Robert you may be convinced that Roman Catholicism is the true Church,but I can tell you that even if the RCC started a week after the Apostles were sent out,that would have been a controversy from day one.Here are a couple of statements by two leading Jewish figures from Spain in the 1100s.Continued:
Pad

I did not get to watch the EWTN program. I no longer have live tv, but get my information on the internet.

I was aware of yesterday, that the Pope called for prayer and fasting, and today, there was a sheet with a prayer for peace in Syria, which was handed out, in the parish. Yet I was dismayed, that so few picked them up....

I do not know the events which are to come. All I can think of is woe for the U.S. A tyranny of ignorance and greed moving us slowly to the edge.
Human Being

Kinder, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Pad wrote:
To Robert F. two renouned Jews who lived in Spain in the 1100s,a poet and a Rabbi who was also a philosopher.
The source is "History of the Jews i Christian Spain."By Yitzhak Baer. SEIR is a word the Jews used for Catholics(Christians).
Here is a poem by JUDAH HALEVI 1108 after many Jews were killed including his nephew.
"Where shall the small lock and the diasora in Spain seek refuge,when you are no more?(those Jews and nephew Solomon murdered)
Who will carry the lambs at his bosom and who will unshackle the fetters of the imprisoned?
May dew never fall upon you, fields of Seir(Catholics)!
May God send a down pour of wrath, upon the daughter of Edom(Catholics)!(also Spain region in prophecy)
May He visit upon her, in retribution,bereavement and widowhood;
May He strike down her population along with her idolatrous IMAGES!"
In 1129 A Rabbi who was a leading patriarch of Spanish Jewry and a philospher/Scientist said this about the Catholics in Palestine.Pages 66-67.
"They defiled the Temple site, established upon it a house of thier worship,set up therein the sculptured IMAGES of their folly, abolished the daily sacrifice in that they prevented the Jews from offering prayer on the Temple site......
"For since the day they gained control over the Sanctuary, they have forbidden Jews to set foot therein, and not a single Jew is to be found in Jerusalem today."
Talk about political clout the Roman Church exercised back in the 1100s,and throughout their history.There are whole libraries of the persections,and abuse of the Jewish peoples,also Moslems and non-Catholic Christians by the RCs and Orthodox.If the books were not written by Protestants,they were written by Jews who knew those times existed by the records they kept which were well detailed.
Pad

Peace

I am by no means a historian, and it is very difficult for me understand, and place myself in Spain during the 1100's. I do not know the motive of the writer as well.

I know little, except that Jews had a "Golden Age" in Spain around 700AD, and the first attack/pogrom on Jews in Europe happened around 1100 in Spain, by Islamic peoples.

I believe I have a relative, traceable to the pogroms in Germany, that escaped to Poland in the 1300's.

It is easy to take one side or another, depending on bias when looking back in history. Perhaps more relevant are situations and events going on today.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>And for only 8 people to manage the logistics that would have been required to handle the gathering and managing representatives from every species under heaven to include their food abd what have you would have been impossible for only eight people to manage. Makes absolutely no sense. And how did he get to areas such as the arctic to gather those species there? How did he get to areas like the Americas including South America to gather those species there?
There are so many species of animals and insects and birds etc in South America alone that man to this day has not even managed to collect and study or name them all.
I don't know about your houses but in my house we worship God with reason. We don't take leave of our senses when worshipping God and start trying to make things fit that logic simply won't all because there is a HUGE MISUNDERSTANDING OF SCRIPTURE.
I say again..THE FLOOD OF NOAH HAPPENED BUT IT WAS NOT GLOBAL BUT MERELY REGIONAL.
You said, quote, "I say again..THE FLOOD OF NOAH HAPPENED BUT IT WAS NOT GLOBAL BUT MERELY REGIONAL." End quote.

If not global then what region? Do you have a clue?
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
"I beleive all texts are "God" inspired."
Show me a text of some sort by "God" specifically stating that God says that all texts are inspired.
See how that works?
Texts do not interpret themselves. People have to do that.
Truth is God inspired,but not all texts that are of religious content are inspired by the Creator.The truth that is interwoven in those texts of course are confirmations of God's Truth,but if you read through the whole text you will find that the contradictions to the real truth of God,or a twist of such is not from God.

We can respect the many writings of people who endeavored to prove God and His existance,and so on,but not all that they say is solid truth.We have to be aware of the Truth,and ponder it in our hearts and minds in order to be able to detect the non-truths we may find in any given text.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Pad
Peace
I am by no means a historian, and it is very difficult for me understand, and place myself in Spain during the 1100's. I do not know the motive of the writer as well.
I know little, except that Jews had a "Golden Age" in Spain around 700AD, and the first attack/pogrom on Jews in Europe happened around 1100 in Spain, by Islamic peoples.
I believe I have a relative, traceable to the pogroms in Germany, that escaped to Poland in the 1300's.
It is easy to take one side or another, depending on bias when looking back in history. Perhaps more relevant are situations and events going on today.
A History of the Jews in Christian Spain, Yitzhak Baer.

612 In Spain: "The Jews were required to give up their christian slaves and servants as well as their Christian tenants, together with the land the latter held in lease, and to transfer them to Christian congrol or set them free, without making their freedom conditional upon their observance of Judaism. A JEW who converted a Christian to Judaism was to suffer death and confiscation of property."

((589)) "The Visigothic King changed his Arian faith for the Roman Catholic and proceeded to oppress the JEWS in the manner practiced throughout the Catholic world. A few years earlier, in 576, in the city of Avernum(Clermont) in the neighboring Frankish kingdom, the local bishop, following a street battle between jews and Christians, compelled the Jews to choose between maptism and expulsion. A little later, in 582 the Merovingian King,Chilperic, ordered all the Jews of his realm to be baptized.
"In 628 Byzantine emperor Heraclius, exercised jurisdiction over certain areas of Spain,.........an order to convert by FORCE all the Jews throughout the provinces of his Empire......."

In 633, Toledo Spain, the bishops council decreed that Jews shall not be converted by force, but that those already converted must remain Christians and must be prevented from practicing the Jewish faith. Their children shall be taken from them and brought up as Christians. Converts as well as Jews shall be excluded from public office.These laws struck not only the Jews but also the converts, who were suspected of remaining faithful to the religion of their fathers.
"Five years later from 633, the same church council forbade all non-Catholics to reside in the country.

"In surrounding areas around Toledo EVERY JEW was required to take an oath, accofding to a fixed formula, that he had given up Jewish law and practice. The penalty for relapsing varied, accoding to the seriousness of the offense, from religious penance to flogging, loss of a limb, confiscation of property, or BURNING AT THE STAKE."

In 681 King Ervig decreed anti-Jewish legislation that read as thus:"Severe penalties are ordered for the evasion of baptism, the observance of Jewish precepts, religious instruction, and the distribution of tracts defending the Jewish faith and disparaging the Christian."

In 681 All Jews who held any type of public office were removed,especially from the stewardship of large estates, an to take measures against the nobles who protected their Jewish retainers from clerical supervision.Jews were forbidden under the realm to enter seaports, lest tehy escape overseas, and to engage in business transactions with Christians."

In 711 the Arabs invaded Spain and in a victorious campaign of only a few years conquered the entire country.The conquerors settled Jews in the cities of Cordova,Grnada,Seville,Elvira and Toledo,turning their citadels over to Jews and Arabs.

912-961,Jews were able to regroup as it were,and establish communities throughout Spain,although the North was mostly strongly Christian,the religious clergy of the RCC were ordered from Rome to utilize the Jews as linguists to the Arab culture that was permeated in the South of Spain.The Jews during this period were able to purify their own faith with reformers and so on."
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Read the Scripture: 2 Corinthians 3:12-18
2 Corinthians 3:12-18
12Therefore, since we have such a hope, we are very bold. 13We are not like Moses, who would put a veil over his face to keep the Israelites from gazing at it while the radiance was fading away. 14But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed, because only in Christ is it taken away. 15Even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts. 16But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 17Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 18And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.
New International VersionNow the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit (2 Corinthians 3:17-18).
The apostle reminds the Corinthians immediately that the Lord is in their hearts, in their human spirits. Their hope of freedom comes from that great fact, for the one who is within them is God Himself. Paul identifies Him:“the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.”
Freedom is being out in the open, having boldness, having nothing to hide. Those who are free are those who do not have any reputation to defend, no image to hide behind, nothing to preserve about themselves. They can be themselves. Everywhere today people are longing for this type of freedom. People want to “be themselves.”“I've got to be me,” we hear, and there is nothing wrong with that. God wants you to be you, too. The only thing wrong is the way we do it. We are being taught in the world that the way to be “me” is to think about “my” advantage,“my” efforts, and to defend and demand them.
The Word of God teaches us it is quite another process. Being yourself and having freedom does not mean denying the potential for all the evil that is possible in your heart and in your life, because you have another basis on which you receive God's acceptance and approval. His acceptance and approval are gifts to you. The faith He gives continually accepts anew the gift of righteousness of already being pleasing to God, and, on that basis, you serve Him out of a heart of gratitude for what you already have. You do not have to earn His favor, and your performance is not going to affect it. When you start looking at the one who is doing this in your life, the Lord Jesus, and beholding Him with all your veils taken away so you are not afraid to look at your own evil capacity, then a wonderful thing happens. Without even knowing that you are doing it, just by rejoicing in what you have and serving the Lord who gave it to you, you suddenly discover--and other people will discover--that you are becoming a loving person. And love is the fulfilling of the Law; the very demand that God made in the Law that you tried so hard to fulfill by your self-effort will be fulfilled without your even realizing it when you begin to love out of the grace and forgiveness of God.
cont
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

cont
It is a process of growth. It does not happen in one great transformation when you are suddenly sanctified, filled with the Spirit, or baptized. It happens as you keep your eyes on the glory of the Lord and not on the face of Moses, not on self-effort but on what He is already giving you. When you do, you suddenly discover the Spirit of God has been at work making gradual changes. You are becoming a loving person, easier to live with, more attractive, more compelling. Your life is deepening as it is losing its shallowness; you are more understanding of things. That is the work of the Spirit. Notice what he says: this “comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.” It is not you who does it; it is He.
Lord, thank You for the promise that as I look at You, I become like You.
Life Application: Are we truly free to admit and look at our nature and capacity for evil? Do we wrongly rely on self-effort to overcome it? How does a growing freedom in Christ change us?
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Pad
Peace
I believe that Yitzhak Baer wanted to showover a period of 10 centuries and under a severe challenge to exist,his Jewish people suvived,but he relates that the Jewish people alwayssffered wondering why God had dealt with them so strongly,like giving them life,and taking it away with callousness.

He mentioned
that the Jews suffered more under the Germanic Catholics,than they did in Spain.Jews were more willing to be martyred for their faith in Germany,than in Spain,he stated.

Pages 14 and 15 of this book.This s a statement of fact that should make Catholics think:
Yitzhak Baer"In the fourth century Christianity entered into an alliance with the Roman Empire, for all the latter;s iniquities,in anticipation of the day when it would possess enough strength to inculcate the pirit of righteousness and divine jutice into the institution of the Gentiles. Fortified with this outlook, the Christian Church rose to a dominant positon among the powers of the earth, whereas Israel remained alone, fulfilling the function of the "city of God" besiegd by the icked surviving only by dint of its faith in God who can b trusted to fulfil His promise.
The Christian Church, united with the Romn Empire(in the 4th Century), wiped out pagan worship,bt it could not ad dared not destroy Israel completely
"SLAY them not,lest my people forget; make them wander to and fro by Thy power." (Psalms 59:12)"
"The Roman emperors relegated the dispersed Jews to the position of second-class citizens with limited rights.They enacted laws to prevent the spread of Judaism.They oppressed the Jewish community in Palestine and abolished the official authoriy of the Patriarch. Catholicism(Christianity),thus in doctrine andin deed, imposed upon Israel the sentence of Galut(dispersion)."Pages 14-15.

But let me back up to this statement by Baer"Until the Roman Empire turned Christian, the position of Christianity with respect to the Empire and pagan society was similar to the position of Israel among the nations. Christianity succeeded in converting the Roman Empire, not only because it discarded the nation and ritual elements of the teachings of the rabbis,but also because it presented the mythic elements common to both Judaism and Christianity in SIMPLE, RATONAL t e r m s, and related them to existing social and POLTICAL CONDITIONS.FROM THE TIME te t w o religions separated and until the end of the Middle Ages the rivalry between Judaism and Christianity did not revolve around fundamental differences of faith and ethics,but took the form of a contest between two divergent conceptions of human history and two conflicting approaches to the problem of salvation, each seeking to gain ascendancy over the other.Without a knowledgeof these theoretical condiserations it is impossible to understand the harsh fate which befell our people during the Middle Ages." Page 14.{A History of the Jews in Christian Spain}.

In the year 418 The Bishop of Mayorca, wrote a letter to the Caholics of that place and on the Island of Minorca,that allJews foun on the island shall be forced to become Christians, but first they torched the existing Synagogue.The Jews reminded themselves of the Maccabean martyrs, both men and women fought to their deaths with deeds of herosim and self-sacrifice. Still 540 Jews were forced to convert or die.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Longing To Grow
September 6, 2013 — by David C. McCasland
Subscribe on iTunes
Play MP3 (Mobile)
Our Daily Bread Radio is hosted by Les LambornRead: 1 Peter 1:22–2:3
As newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the Word, that you may grow thereby.—1 Peter 2:2
Bible in a Year:
Psalms 148-150; 1 Corinthians 15:29-58The 2010 documentary film Babies followed four infants who were born into very different circumstances in Namibia, Mongolia, Tokyo, and San Francisco. There is no narration or dialogue from adults in the film, only the sounds babies make as they begin to discover the world into which they have been born. They coo and laugh when they’re happy; they cry when they are hurt or hungry. And all of them like milk! The fascination of the film lies in watching them grow.

As a baby craves milk, followers of Christ are to crave the “pure milk of the Word” that leads to spiritual growth. The apostle Peter says,“Long to grow up into the fullness of your salvation; cry for this as a baby cries for his milk”(1 Peter 2:2 tlb). Peter wrote to encourage a group of Christ-followers who had been scattered by persecution. He urged them to set aside feelings of anger and jealousy toward each other, along with talking one way and living another (v.1), and “as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the Word, that you may grow thereby”(v.2).

The Lord invites us to drink all that we need from His bountiful supply. He loves to watch His children grow!

Lord, I want to be more like You.Please give me a fervent desire to drink ofYour Word. Grow me into a person whoresembles You in all I say and do.The more we dig into God’s Word, the more we grow.
Sick

Mustang, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Just A reminder

Yahweh is not A god.....he is your heavenly father.

Man changed his name and made him a god

but it is my thought that you all know this it is in most king james concordances and in strong s and many many more but i guess you must be called and chosen just to understand his name........rev 12/9 say's it all you have been deceived from children

As for the roman catholick church it is the woman the beast that has done nothing but lie and deceive people the bible says do not add or take away from his word and they have done that... the R.C.C. Is where satan dwells. repent for the time draws nigh.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Keep your thanks. Understanding Orthodoxy, nothing is overdefined. Orthodoxy respects the mysteries of God.Another well known feature of Orthodoxy is its refusal to give a detained explanation of how bread and wine becomes sanctified. This wa deliberate, not due to any ambiguity or confusion on their part. Apophatic theology. A difference between eastern and Western ( Scholastic) thinking.
I cannot thank you enough for your two very well detailed posts on the subject of the Eucharist as viewed by both the RCatholics,and the Orthodox. Thank you so much Nick. I am writing it out in a book of mine,so that I can take it and read over it.

I do not want to make any comments now,as I need to read your posts.Will read what Anthony said as well,since he made comment to the same.You are a real trooper Nick!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>You should tell yourself that first before you go correcting what others on this forum do.
The ONLY people that respond to, correct, admonish or counteract, are those Protestant fundies, non Catholics, atheists or agnostics who come on this forum for "one" and only one purpose only!!! To attack, condemning, and pass their "personal opinionated judgement against Jesus Christ HIMSELF, the Salvation and Faith of Catholic-Christians and Jesus' One (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I cannot thank you enough for your two very well detailed posts on the subject of the Eucharist as viewed by both the RCatholics,and the Orthodox. Thank you so much Nick. I am writing it out in a book of mine,so that I can take it and read over it.
I do not want to make any comments now,as I need to read your posts.Will read what Anthony said as well,since he made comment to the same.You are a real trooper Nick!
==========
Hup 2...3...4...like Dudley Dooright the Mountie? LOL you are very welcome

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The ONLY people that respond to, correct, admonish or counteract, are those Protestant fundies, non Catholics, atheists or agnostics who come on this forum for "one" and only one purpose only!!! To attack, condemning, and pass their "personal opinionated judgement against Jesus Christ HIMSELF, the Salvation and Faith of Catholic-Christians and Jesus' One (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church.
You are just as guilty of attacking and throwing the weight of your church around as a weapon so stop pointing fingers...and if there wasn't anyone coming on this forum to attack your church then you wouldn't have anything to do.We are all guilty of attacking each other...That's my point!!
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Pad and Amen
There are so many other things we can all agree to pray
About ..like healing ..And our COuntry
I can see our differences,..And I think you are right ..in that they are vast ..But
We all live in the same world and,country ...
And have families we wish well
My wife and I went to a Synagogue that was closing and selling all its books from their library.I have a bunch of them,this one "Jews in Christian Spain ." by Yitzhack Baer,brings out not only what they suffered but the things they did to survive.The Jews chose for the most part to settle agriculturally,because they felt that they could be somewhat isolated from the Gentiles,in both their faith,which was everything to them,and their survival.It was obvious that the Gentiles at that time did not see fit to live along side the Jews,but to interfere with their beliefs and to subjugate them.

Unfortunately the Catholic relitgious leaders were their worst enemies,and the Knights who were subject to Bishops of various regions.

Interesting book,I am glad that it is not monotonous,it moves along and flows,using many different types of facts that showed the fresh enthusiasm of the Jewish People in spite of thier dilemnas and vagabond existence.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "I say again..THE FLOOD OF NOAH HAPPENED BUT IT WAS NOT GLOBAL BUT MERELY REGIONAL." End quote.
If not global then what region? Do you have a clue?
Where were the daughters of Adam at that time? Remember the scripture states that the sons of God (THE FALLEN ANGELS) saw that the daughters of Adam were fair ( beautiful ) and they took wives of all they chose and they had offspring with them. These offspring were mongrel hybrids ( giants ) and were exceptionally wicked. That's what prompted God to bring about the flood. This intermixing of spirit beings with humans was frowned on by God. Guess what...IT'S GONNA HAPPEN AGAIN when Satan is kicked out of heaven soon.

This intermixing of spirit being with the daughters of Adam was an attempt by the powers of darkness to corrupt that seedline through which the Christ was to come. Satan knew that if he could corrupt that seedline through which the Christ was to come then his own doom could be averted.

There were several attacks on that bloodline by the powers of darkness throughout the years. The enslavement of Israel in Egypt was yet another attack on that seedline. As I stated there were several attacks throughout the years on that seedline by Satan trying destroy that line so that the Christ could not accomplish the Plan of God. He ultimately failed when Christ was nailed to the cross and rose from the dead. He thought that if he could destroy Christ then his own doom could be averted. But when he finally did kill Christ Satans doom was sealed.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>==========
Hup 2...3...4...like Dudley Dooright the Mountie? LOL you are very welcome
How are you feeling these days you handsome Greek?

I remember Dudley Dooright the Mountie.Oh my gosh!

I am going to respond to Duat Storm and call it a night.Again your posts were so well thought out,and I amazed that the two regions of the Catholic and Orthodox have such a distinction in their concepts of the Eucharist.

I find it strange though how the Eastern Orthodox can use the word Transubstantiation at all since they believe that the bread and wine are spiritually transformed into the Body and blood of our Lord. That is a big difference! Anthony and Dust Storm challenged me often on just believing in the spiritual transformation of the bread and wine.The Orthodox seem to be passive on the matter in a way.

It makes much more sense to me with in the Spiritual realm of things to see that Consubstantiation would be the actual event of what happens to the bread and wine. Since when you realize the magnitude of the Body of Christ world-wide,the many adherents would receive Christ in the Spiritual Manna of His Body and Blood.That fits more with the whole matter of being Born-again as well,the rebirth is a spiritual conversion,so to memorialize Christ is to receive Him Spiritually using the bread and wine as the physical sumbols of the Last Supper,yet receiving Christ spiritually into our souls,spirits and minds,as we remember His death!
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
To understand Catholicism, one must understand that our liturgy, traditions and sacraments are based on the Hebrew roots of Christ and the apostles. Catholic Christianity is in every sense a perfect extension of fulfilled Judaism into the modern world. Unlike Rabbinical Judaism (an artificial man-made extension of ancient Judaism)
Catholic Christianity draws its faith and traditions from the actions of the Jewish Messiah -- Jesus Christ -- which is Yeshua HaMashiach in Hebrew. The Sacred Liturgy of the Mass draws from the liturgical proceedings of the Synagogue's Sabbath liturgy and the Jewish Passover Seder.
There are many things we can learn about this. Brother Bob Fishman (a Jewish convert to the Catholic Church or "Hebrew Catholic") gives us a good introduction to this. If you are Jewish, especially a Jew who already believes Jesus (Yeshua) is the Messiah, please consider coming home to his Catholic Church, the new Israel of God.
The Association of Hebrew Catholics (click here) has been formed to assist you in this. If you are a Catholic, you simply MUST watch this whole video series to help you better understand the origin and meaning of your Catholic Christian faith. If you are a non-Catholic Christian (Protestant, Evangelical, "Born-Again," etc.) then it is essential to watch this video series for two reasons.
First, you will gain a much better understanding of Catholicism which should help you dispel many misconceptions. Second, many Protestant traditions come from Catholicism, which in turn come from ancient Judaism. Understanding the Hebrew roots of
Catholicism will in turn give you a better appreciation for some of the traditions and customs observed in your Non-Catholic faith too. The video below is a six-part series. Each new part should start automatically at the end of the previous. If you have difficulties with this, simply click on the YouTube icon within the video to go to the source webpage...
http://catholicknight.blogspot.com/2012/04/je...
First of all thank you for his post.It is without what used to be from you very different indeed.Both of your posts are respecful and required some thought and time from you.I respect that completey!

I have no doubt whatsoever that the Jewish Canon and some of their ritualism can be found in the MASS.Your Church dates back to the 4th century,and much can be acquired from the neighbors the Catholic Church had in those times.

I'll make it a point to look at the video if I can get it.There is a way to tap into the briefs i n your post,I saw that.

Again thank you!

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Where were the daughters of Adam at that time? Remember the scripture states that the sons of God (THE FALLEN ANGELS) saw that the daughters of Adam were fair ( beautiful ) and they took wives of all they chose and they had offspring with them. These offspring were mongrel hybrids ( giants ) and were exceptionally wicked. That's what prompted God to bring about the flood. This intermixing of spirit beings with humans was frowned on by God. Guess what...IT'S GONNA HAPPEN AGAIN when Satan is kicked out of heaven soon.
This intermixing of spirit being with the daughters of Adam was an attempt by the powers of darkness to corrupt that seedline through which the Christ was to come. Satan knew that if he could corrupt that seedline through which the Christ was to come then his own doom could be averted.
There were several attacks on that bloodline by the powers of darkness throughout the years. The enslavement of Israel in Egypt was yet another attack on that seedline. As I stated there were several attacks throughout the years on that seedline by Satan trying destroy that line so that the Christ could not accomplish the Plan of God. He ultimately failed when Christ was nailed to the cross and rose from the dead. He thought that if he could destroy Christ then his own doom could be averted. But when he finally did kill Christ Satans doom was sealed.
Allow me to make one thing clear. Only ONE RACE came from Adam and Eve. All the other races here on earth were created separately and before Adam and Eve and did NOT come from them.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 6 hr Married in 8,121
More 8 hr True Christian witness 2
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... 8 hr Abdurratln 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes 8 hr ELIAS IBARRA 41
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Mon Anonymous 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Mon Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••