Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
458,881 - 458,900 of 533,292 Comments Last updated 29 min ago

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about?
There are 12 tribes....not ten.
Actually Josephs two sons Ephraim and Manasseh were also counted as two seperate tribes thus making a total of THIRTEEN tribes. Benjamin most of the time is always numbered with the tribe of Judah but it is a separate tribe.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, tony, the "soul" never dies. It returns to the immeasurable source from which it came.
It is what it is.
Wellin my "newbie' religion Godsays that the soul can die. In this case God said it, I believe and that settles it.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Christian preachers have managed to thoroughly convince the gullible that the flood of Noah was worldwide and the family of Noah that was comprised of only eight people managed to gather species from all over the entire world to put aboard the ark that frankly considering the number of species that inhabit the world wouldn't all fit on the size of the boat that Noah built.

I conclude that preachers of today are accomplished BULLSH!T ARTISTS ( s'cuse my French).
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
Dear heavenly Father
we come before you at the close of another day that you have provided.
You have daily loaded our lives with benefits.
You have supplied our needs..of shelter food and
health, maintained our welfare, and proven your word that you love us unconditionally.
You have given us family,and friends, and provided
your fellowship for us.
You have keep your promises in Your word, and we take joy in the blood of Jesus
that had washed our sins away
our past sins and confess those that are presently against us.
We come with praise and thanksgiving for your manifold blessings
The fulfillment of your promises in your word are our confident expectation...
We ask your blessing upon all that acknowledge you,here in this forum and ask you to direct our paths...
We pray for wisdom from above and understanding of your precious word..
Holy Spirit thou art welcome, in this forum...
Speak to us and through us and give illumination,of you word.
Give light to any and all those that live in darkness..
Most of all perform maintenance in our lives and help us that we may live worthy of the vocation that you have called us to.
WE GIVE PRAISE, GLORY AND HONER UNTO YOU..
HEAL THOSE THAT ARE SICK, COMFORT THOSE THAT ARE GRIEVED
MANIFEST YOUR PRESENCE TO THOSE THAT ARE LONELY AND
ENCOURAGE, ALL OF US.
Give stability to those that are weak and in need of strength.
We Thank you for hearing our prayers..
That we pray in Jesus Name.
Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.
AMEN!!! And quit attacking, judging and condemning the faith of other Christians, who "you know little or nothing" about-----especially Catholics.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no books, bar none, that define the word "church", as used in the Bible, as the Roman Catholic Church.
The Catholic denomination is the largest in the USA...Clearly, the Bible teaches Jesus did not build any denomination/s.
Jesus defined "HIS CHURCH" over 2000 years ago, in Matthew 16:13-21 (including referencing the Church over 30 times in the New Testament!...... Acts 2 defines Jesus' Church as heirachical, authoritative and visible with Bishops, priests, elders and deacons (beginning at Antioch),........Paul "confirms" in in I Timothy 3:15 when he calls THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) as the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH,.....and TRUE Church History as PROVEN it to be TRUE from the billions and billions of Catholic Christians that has "gone before us, marked with the sign of faith" (in and through) Jesus Christs One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church. Jesus established, formed, initiate and founded ONE TRUE CHURCH (and it was Catholic). MEN (not Jesus)(beginning with Luther) built denominations,(42,000+ contradicting, inconsistent and conflicting "Protestant denominations" and multiplying (out of control) each day!......... You Ox, "continue" to have (no idea) as to what you are talking about, which is no surprise to ANY OF US CATHOLICS (Anthony, Clay, Regina, Star C, etc) because you are living on an "isolated (bible only) island" of FICTION that relies on distortion, heresy, lies and deceit in order to "exist"!!!!

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus defined "HIS CHURCH" over 2000 years ago, in Matthew 16:13-21 (including referencing the Church over 30 times in the New Testament!...... Acts 2 defines Jesus' Church as heirachical, authoritative and visible with Bishops, priests, elders and deacons (beginning at Antioch),........Paul "confirms" in in I Timothy 3:15 when he calls THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) as the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH,.....and TRUE Church History as PROVEN it to be TRUE from the billions and billions of Catholic Christians that has "gone before us, marked with the sign of faith" (in and through) Jesus Christs One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church. Jesus established, formed, initiate and founded ONE TRUE CHURCH (and it was Catholic). MEN (not Jesus)(beginning with Luther) built denominations,(42,000+ contradicting, inconsistent and conflicting "Protestant denominations" and multiplying (out of control) each day!......... You Ox, "continue" to have (no idea) as to what you are talking about, which is no surprise to ANY OF US CATHOLICS (Anthony, Clay, Regina, Star C, etc) because you are living on an "isolated (bible only) island" of FICTION that relies on distortion, heresy, lies and deceit in order to "exist"!!!!
Actually honest disagreement among the brethren in their discussion of Gods word is okay and just because they do have DOCTRINAL disagreement in NO WAY means that they are not of the Church of God. Reminds me of the Bereans in ACTS 17.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a serious problem with any church that doesn't want you to question or challenge what they teach. The RCC doesn't want anyone to question anything they teach. That should raise an alarm very loudly in the ears of anyone that believes in God.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

I am not wicket person that you call me satanic..what a shame from you make statement about me or good people who is not.

now others can mislead because we know bible been change many times as well ad too..
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

How much regional?
'os'/
see 25=1/4
Its not nice be liar.
no
You need explain deference way!

Why vertical..because about what?
v.e.r
explain that please
because is not good know..
did i need know your rule as well obey..
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooo

How you cal my inat=in;at=Uu=2121?
stani=stop=$top
nobody pay me nothing at all

my God don't need money..

but someone try Cross my way with that trolley..
Did you do that?
yTube

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

"coming w/ ALL DECEPTION" ------ANTICHRI5T

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
AMEN!!! And quit attacking, judging and condemning the faith of other Christians, who "you know little or nothing" about-----especially Catholics.
I know we have differences ..But if a few of us including GIF want to say a prayer ..why can't you post dissension to another post..
Just saying .

The Amen was good ..the rest not so..imo

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Common sense...the carnal sort... says no.
Faith...the Spiritual sort... says yes.
...not according to "hojo", and he seems to be the most knowledgeable pne of your fath on this forum.

You better check with him to make sure you are right.

:o)

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You should tell yourself that first before you go correcting what others on this forum do.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

You are spewing more of your theological bologna....

The biblical passages regarding the flood make it clear that it was global. Genesis 7:11 states that “all the springs of the great deep burst forth, and the floodgates of the heavens were opened.” Genesis 1:6-7 and 2:6 tell us that the pre-flood environment was much different from that which we experience today. Based on these and other biblical descriptions, it is reasonably speculated that at one time the earth was covered by some kind of water canopy. This canopy could have been a vapor canopy, or it might have consisted of rings, somewhat like Saturn's ice rings. This, in combination with a layer of water underground, released upon the land (Genesis 2:6) would have resulted in a global flood.

The clearest verses that show the extent of the flood are Genesis 7:19-23. Regarding the waters,“They rose greatly on the earth, and ALL the high mountains under THE ENTIRE HEAVENS were covered. The waters rose and covered the mountains to a depth of more than twenty feet. EVERY LIVING THING that moved on the earth PERISHED—BIRDS, LIVESTOCK, WILD ANIMALS, AND ALL THE CREATURES THAT SWARM OVER THE EARTH, AND "ALL MANKIND". EVERYTHING on dry land that had the breath of life in its nostrils died. EVERY LIVING THING ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH WAS WIPED OUT; men and animals and the creatures that move along the ground and the birds of the air were wiped from the earth. ONLY NOAH WAS LEFT, AND THOSE WITH HIM IN THE ARK."

Tony17, you either believe the entire Bible or you believe none of the Bible. There is no pick and choose option.
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>When it uses the phrase "UNDER THE ENTIRE HEAVEN",we know that is a merefigure of speech and notliteral anymorethanwhereit states in scripture that Caesar ordered that "ALL THE WORLD SHOULD BE TAXED". Caesar did not rule "ALL THE WORLD". It was a mere figure of speech. Many of you read the Bible but you don't know how to "READ THE BIBLE".
Really? You are wrong....DEAD WRONG!!!

Tony17 said, quote, "When it uses the phrase "UNDER THE ENTIRE HEAVEN",we know that is a merefigure of speech and notliteral anymorethanwhereit states in scripture that Caesar ordered that "ALL THE WORLD SHOULD BE TAXED"." End quote.

Caesar was referring to the world which he governed. Caesar used the word world in a metaphoric context. The Bible describes the world in a literal context when describing the flood. Is God a liar? Was God just kidding when He said, "EVERY LIVING THING ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH WAS WIPED OUT; men and animals and the creatures that move along the ground and the birds of the air were wiped from the earth. ONLY NOAH WAS LEFT, AND THOSE WITH HIM IN THE ARK."

The clearest verses that show the extent of the flood are Genesis 7:19-23.Regarding the waters,“They rose greatly on the earth, and ALL the high mountains under THE ENTIRE HEAVENS were covered. The waters rose and covered the mountains to a depth of more than twenty feet. EVERY LIVING THING that moved on the earth PERISHED—BIRDS, LIVESTOCK, WILD ANIMALS, AND ALL THE CREATURES THAT SWARM OVER THE EARTH, AND "ALL MANKIND". EVERYTHING on dry land that had the breath of life in its nostrils died. EVERY LIVING THING ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH WAS WIPED OUT; men and animals and the creatures that move along the ground and the birds of the air were wiped from the earth. ONLY NOAH WAS LEFT, AND THOSE WITH HIM IN THE ARK."
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
The biblical passages regarding the flood make it clear that it was global. Genesis 7:11 states that “all the springs of the great deep burst forth, and the floodgates of the heavens were opened.” Genesis 1:6-7 and 2:6 tell us that the pre-flood environment was much different from that which we experience today. Based on these and other biblical descriptions, it is reasonably speculated that at one time the earth was covered by some kind of water canopy. This canopy could have been a vapor canopy, or it might have consisted of rings, somewhat like Saturn's ice rings. This, in combination with a layer of water underground, released upon the land (Genesis 2:6) would have resulted in a global flood.
The clearest verses that show the extent of the flood are Genesis 7:19-23. Regarding the waters,“They rose greatly on the earth, and ALL the high mountains under THE ENTIRE HEAVENS were covered. The waters rose and covered the mountains to a depth of more than twenty feet. EVERY LIVING THING that moved on the earth PERISHED—BIRDS, LIVESTOCK, WILD ANIMALS, AND ALL THE CREATURES THAT SWARM OVER THE EARTH, AND "ALL MANKIND". EVERYTHING on dry land that had the breath of life in its nostrils died. EVERY LIVING THING ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH WAS WIPED OUT; men and animals and the creatures that move along the ground and the birds of the air were wiped from the earth. ONLY NOAH WAS LEFT, AND THOSE WITH HIM IN THE ARK."
Tony17, you either believe the entire Bible or you believe none of the Bible. There is no pick and choose option.
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>And for only 8 people to manage the logistics that would have been required to handle the gathering and managing representatives from every species under heaven to include their food abd what have you would have been impossible for only eight people to manage. Makes absolutely no sense. And how did he get to areas such as the arctic to gather those species there? How did he get to areas like the Americas including South America to gather those species there?
There are so many species of animals and insects and birds etc in South America alone that man to this day has not even managed to collect and study or name them all.
I don't know about your houses but in my house we worship God with reason. We don't take leave of our senses when worshipping God and start trying to make things fit that logic simply won't all because there is a HUGE MISUNDERSTANDING OF SCRIPTURE.
I say again..THE FLOOD OF NOAH HAPPENED BUT IT WAS NOT GLOBAL BUT MERELY REGIONAL.
You call yourself a man of God and know nothing of God. Scripture tells us over and over and over and over again there is nothing too hard for God. When God instructed Noah to load the ark do you suppose God left Noah to his own devices. God equips those He calls and He called Noah to do a job.

Genesis 18:14, "Is any thing too hard for the LORD? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son."

Jeremiah 32:17, "Ah, Lord God! It is you who have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and by your outstretched arm! Nothing is too hard for you."

Jeremiah 32:27, "Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh. Is anything too hard for me?"

Matthew 19:26, "But Jesus looked at them and said,“With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

Mark 10:27, "And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible."

Luke 18:27, "But he said,“What is impossible with man is possible with God.”

You said, quote, "I don't know about your houses but in my house we worship God with reason. We don't take leave of our senses when worshiping God and start trying to make things fit that logic simply won't all because there is a HUGE MISUNDERSTANDING OF SCRIPTURE." End quote.

Read your quote. It is laughable.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? You are wrong....DEAD WRONG!!!
Tony17 said, quote, "When it uses the phrase "UNDER THE ENTIRE HEAVEN",we know that is a merefigure of speech and notliteral anymorethanwhereit states in scripture that Caesar ordered that "ALL THE WORLD SHOULD BE TAXED"." End quote.
Caesar was referring to the world which he governed. Caesar used the word world in a metaphoric context. The Bible describes the world in a literal context when describing the flood. Is God a liar? Was God just kidding when He said, "EVERY LIVING THING ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH WAS WIPED OUT; men and animals and the creatures that move along the ground and the birds of the air were wiped from the earth. ONLY NOAH WAS LEFT, AND THOSE WITH HIM IN THE ARK."
The clearest verses that show the extent of the flood are Genesis 7:19-23.Regarding the waters,“They rose greatly on the earth, and ALL the high mountains under THE ENTIRE HEAVENS were covered. The waters rose and covered the mountains to a depth of more than twenty feet. EVERY LIVING THING that moved on the earth PERISHED—BIRDS, LIVESTOCK, WILD ANIMALS, AND ALL THE CREATURES THAT SWARM OVER THE EARTH, AND "ALL MANKIND". EVERYTHING on dry land that had the breath of life in its nostrils died. EVERY LIVING THING ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH WAS WIPED OUT; men and animals and the creatures that move along the ground and the birds of the air were wiped from the earth. ONLY NOAH WAS LEFT, AND THOSE WITH HIM IN THE ARK."
Exactly ..the bible is,God's,message to us .

The whole thing about the fountains beneath the,earth coming up certainly explains all the so called layers the evolutionists use to
Say we were nit created by God.
Exactly as the BIble says,

Even the Catholics,NOW believe in some other form of biogical ancestor ..
Yet,POPE PIUS DID NOT ...wonder how one can challenge another if they are infallible ...But the thing is ...it's not my belief .

I'll take the BIble any day ..Not theories that change because they are just that theories ...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I love it!!!! You are calling your pope a liar!!!!!

Each time the word "church" is used, it is from the Greek word "ekklesia"....

The NABre pope approved Catlick bible defines church as: Jesus’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

He did not build a denomination....which is what the Roman Catholic Church is...and its the largest in the USA...

There is no support for the false teaching that church is defined as being the Roman Catholic Church...other than your senseless babbling....

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Wellin my "newbie' religion Godsays that the soul can die. In this case God said it, I believe and that settles it.
That's ok too Tony. You have the right to believe anything you want.
I also have the right to share what I believe.
Touche...

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>I have a serious problem with any church that doesn't want you to question or challenge what they teach. The RCC doesn't want anyone to question anything they teach. That should raise an alarm very loudly in the ears of anyone that believes in God.
At least they aren't allowed to burn and hang folks for it anymore(at least in most places)...that's a plus.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

1Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.
2By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

1 John 5:1-2 (KJV)

www.Christ.com

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr Cultastic 8,187
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... 2 hr ELIAS IBARRA 60
Pope to visit Sri Lanka, Philippines in... 3 hr Jaffna Fake Brahmin Dog 3
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Jul 26 Link Forrester 3
More Jul 24 True Christian witness 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Jul 24 ELIAS IBARRA 41
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Jul 21 Anonymous 102
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••