Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,141
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#475403 Sep 8, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Dear heavenly Father
we come before you at the close of another day that you have provided.
You have daily loaded our lives with benefits.
You have supplied our needs..of shelter food and
health, maintained our welfare, and proven your word that you love us unconditionally.
You have given us family,and friends, and provided
your fellowship for us.
You have keep your promises in Your word, and we take joy in the blood of Jesus
that had washed our sins away
our past sins and confess those that are presently against us.
We come with praise and thanksgiving for your manifold blessings
The fulfillment of your promises in your word are our confident expectation...
We ask your blessing upon all that acknowledge you,here in this forum and ask you to direct our paths...
We pray for wisdom from above and understanding of your precious word..
Holy Spirit thou art welcome, in this forum...
Speak to us and through us and give illumination,of you word.
Give light to any and all those that live in darkness..
Most of all perform maintenance in our lives and help us that we may live worthy of the vocation that you have called us to.
WE GIVE PRAISE, GLORY AND HONER UNTO YOU..
HEAL THOSE THAT ARE SICK, COMFORT THOSE THAT ARE GRIEVED
MANIFEST YOUR PRESENCE TO THOSE THAT ARE LONELY AND
ENCOURAGE, ALL OF US.
Give stability to those that are weak and in need of strength.
We Thank you for hearing our prayers..
That we pray in Jesus Name.
Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.
AMEN!!! And quit attacking, judging and condemning the faith of other Christians, who "you know little or nothing" about-----especially Catholics.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#475404 Sep 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no books, bar none, that define the word "church", as used in the Bible, as the Roman Catholic Church.
The Catholic denomination is the largest in the USA...Clearly, the Bible teaches Jesus did not build any denomination/s.
Jesus defined "HIS CHURCH" over 2000 years ago, in Matthew 16:13-21 (including referencing the Church over 30 times in the New Testament!...... Acts 2 defines Jesus' Church as heirachical, authoritative and visible with Bishops, priests, elders and deacons (beginning at Antioch),........Paul "confirms" in in I Timothy 3:15 when he calls THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) as the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH,.....and TRUE Church History as PROVEN it to be TRUE from the billions and billions of Catholic Christians that has "gone before us, marked with the sign of faith" (in and through) Jesus Christs One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church. Jesus established, formed, initiate and founded ONE TRUE CHURCH (and it was Catholic). MEN (not Jesus)(beginning with Luther) built denominations,(42,000+ contradicting, inconsistent and conflicting "Protestant denominations" and multiplying (out of control) each day!......... You Ox, "continue" to have (no idea) as to what you are talking about, which is no surprise to ANY OF US CATHOLICS (Anthony, Clay, Regina, Star C, etc) because you are living on an "isolated (bible only) island" of FICTION that relies on distortion, heresy, lies and deceit in order to "exist"!!!!

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#475405 Sep 8, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus defined "HIS CHURCH" over 2000 years ago, in Matthew 16:13-21 (including referencing the Church over 30 times in the New Testament!...... Acts 2 defines Jesus' Church as heirachical, authoritative and visible with Bishops, priests, elders and deacons (beginning at Antioch),........Paul "confirms" in in I Timothy 3:15 when he calls THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) as the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH,.....and TRUE Church History as PROVEN it to be TRUE from the billions and billions of Catholic Christians that has "gone before us, marked with the sign of faith" (in and through) Jesus Christs One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church. Jesus established, formed, initiate and founded ONE TRUE CHURCH (and it was Catholic). MEN (not Jesus)(beginning with Luther) built denominations,(42,000+ contradicting, inconsistent and conflicting "Protestant denominations" and multiplying (out of control) each day!......... You Ox, "continue" to have (no idea) as to what you are talking about, which is no surprise to ANY OF US CATHOLICS (Anthony, Clay, Regina, Star C, etc) because you are living on an "isolated (bible only) island" of FICTION that relies on distortion, heresy, lies and deceit in order to "exist"!!!!
Actually honest disagreement among the brethren in their discussion of Gods word is okay and just because they do have DOCTRINAL disagreement in NO WAY means that they are not of the Church of God. Reminds me of the Bereans in ACTS 17.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#475406 Sep 8, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus defined "HIS CHURCH" over 2000 years ago, in Matthew 16:13-21 (including referencing the Church over 30 times in the New Testament!...... Acts 2 defines Jesus' Church as heirachical, authoritative and visible with Bishops, priests, elders and deacons (beginning at Antioch),........Paul "confirms" in in I Timothy 3:15 when he calls THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) as the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH,.....and TRUE Church History as PROVEN it to be TRUE from the billions and billions of Catholic Christians that has "gone before us, marked with the sign of faith" (in and through) Jesus Christs One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church. Jesus established, formed, initiate and founded ONE TRUE CHURCH (and it was Catholic). MEN (not Jesus)(beginning with Luther) built denominations,(42,000+ contradicting, inconsistent and conflicting "Protestant denominations" and multiplying (out of control) each day!......... You Ox, "continue" to have (no idea) as to what you are talking about, which is no surprise to ANY OF US CATHOLICS (Anthony, Clay, Regina, Star C, etc) because you are living on an "isolated (bible only) island" of FICTION that relies on distortion, heresy, lies and deceit in order to "exist"!!!!
I have a serious problem with any church that doesn't want you to question or challenge what they teach. The RCC doesn't want anyone to question anything they teach. That should raise an alarm very loudly in the ears of anyone that believes in God.
truth

Perth, Australia

#475407 Sep 8, 2013
I am not wicket person that you call me satanic..what a shame from you make statement about me or good people who is not.

now others can mislead because we know bible been change many times as well ad too..
truth

Perth, Australia

#475408 Sep 8, 2013
How much regional?
'os'/
see 25=1/4
Its not nice be liar.
no
You need explain deference way!

Why vertical..because about what?
v.e.r
explain that please
because is not good know..
did i need know your rule as well obey..
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooo

How you cal my inat=in;at=Uu=2121?
stani=stop=$top
nobody pay me nothing at all

my God don't need money..

but someone try Cross my way with that trolley..
Did you do that?
yTube

AOL

#475409 Sep 8, 2013
.

"coming w/ ALL DECEPTION" ------ANTICHRI5T



.

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

CHRISTMAS

#475411 Sep 8, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
AMEN!!! And quit attacking, judging and condemning the faith of other Christians, who "you know little or nothing" about-----especially Catholics.
I know we have differences ..But if a few of us including GIF want to say a prayer ..why can't you post dissension to another post..
Just saying .

The Amen was good ..the rest not so..imo

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#475412 Sep 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Common sense...the carnal sort... says no.
Faith...the Spiritual sort... says yes.
...not according to "hojo", and he seems to be the most knowledgeable pne of your fath on this forum.

You better check with him to make sure you are right.

:o)

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#475413 Sep 8, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
AMEN!!! And quit attacking, judging and condemning the faith of other Christians, who "you know little or nothing" about-----especially Catholics.
You should tell yourself that first before you go correcting what others on this forum do.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#475414 Sep 8, 2013
You are spewing more of your theological bologna....

The biblical passages regarding the flood make it clear that it was global. Genesis 7:11 states that “all the springs of the great deep burst forth, and the floodgates of the heavens were opened.” Genesis 1:6-7 and 2:6 tell us that the pre-flood environment was much different from that which we experience today. Based on these and other biblical descriptions, it is reasonably speculated that at one time the earth was covered by some kind of water canopy. This canopy could have been a vapor canopy, or it might have consisted of rings, somewhat like Saturn's ice rings. This, in combination with a layer of water underground, released upon the land (Genesis 2:6) would have resulted in a global flood.

The clearest verses that show the extent of the flood are Genesis 7:19-23. Regarding the waters,“They rose greatly on the earth, and ALL the high mountains under THE ENTIRE HEAVENS were covered. The waters rose and covered the mountains to a depth of more than twenty feet. EVERY LIVING THING that moved on the earth PERISHED—BIRDS, LIVESTOCK, WILD ANIMALS, AND ALL THE CREATURES THAT SWARM OVER THE EARTH, AND "ALL MANKIND". EVERYTHING on dry land that had the breath of life in its nostrils died. EVERY LIVING THING ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH WAS WIPED OUT; men and animals and the creatures that move along the ground and the birds of the air were wiped from the earth. ONLY NOAH WAS LEFT, AND THOSE WITH HIM IN THE ARK."

Tony17, you either believe the entire Bible or you believe none of the Bible. There is no pick and choose option.
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>When it uses the phrase "UNDER THE ENTIRE HEAVEN",we know that is a merefigure of speech and notliteral anymorethanwhereit states in scripture that Caesar ordered that "ALL THE WORLD SHOULD BE TAXED". Caesar did not rule "ALL THE WORLD". It was a mere figure of speech. Many of you read the Bible but you don't know how to "READ THE BIBLE".
Really? You are wrong....DEAD WRONG!!!

Tony17 said, quote, "When it uses the phrase "UNDER THE ENTIRE HEAVEN",we know that is a merefigure of speech and notliteral anymorethanwhereit states in scripture that Caesar ordered that "ALL THE WORLD SHOULD BE TAXED"." End quote.

Caesar was referring to the world which he governed. Caesar used the word world in a metaphoric context. The Bible describes the world in a literal context when describing the flood. Is God a liar? Was God just kidding when He said, "EVERY LIVING THING ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH WAS WIPED OUT; men and animals and the creatures that move along the ground and the birds of the air were wiped from the earth. ONLY NOAH WAS LEFT, AND THOSE WITH HIM IN THE ARK."

The clearest verses that show the extent of the flood are Genesis 7:19-23.Regarding the waters,“They rose greatly on the earth, and ALL the high mountains under THE ENTIRE HEAVENS were covered. The waters rose and covered the mountains to a depth of more than twenty feet. EVERY LIVING THING that moved on the earth PERISHED—BIRDS, LIVESTOCK, WILD ANIMALS, AND ALL THE CREATURES THAT SWARM OVER THE EARTH, AND "ALL MANKIND". EVERYTHING on dry land that had the breath of life in its nostrils died. EVERY LIVING THING ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH WAS WIPED OUT; men and animals and the creatures that move along the ground and the birds of the air were wiped from the earth. ONLY NOAH WAS LEFT, AND THOSE WITH HIM IN THE ARK."
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#475415 Sep 8, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You are spewing more of your theological bologna....
The biblical passages regarding the flood make it clear that it was global. Genesis 7:11 states that “all the springs of the great deep burst forth, and the floodgates of the heavens were opened.” Genesis 1:6-7 and 2:6 tell us that the pre-flood environment was much different from that which we experience today. Based on these and other biblical descriptions, it is reasonably speculated that at one time the earth was covered by some kind of water canopy. This canopy could have been a vapor canopy, or it might have consisted of rings, somewhat like Saturn's ice rings. This, in combination with a layer of water underground, released upon the land (Genesis 2:6) would have resulted in a global flood.
The clearest verses that show the extent of the flood are Genesis 7:19-23. Regarding the waters,“They rose greatly on the earth, and ALL the high mountains under THE ENTIRE HEAVENS were covered. The waters rose and covered the mountains to a depth of more than twenty feet. EVERY LIVING THING that moved on the earth PERISHED—BIRDS, LIVESTOCK, WILD ANIMALS, AND ALL THE CREATURES THAT SWARM OVER THE EARTH, AND "ALL MANKIND". EVERYTHING on dry land that had the breath of life in its nostrils died. EVERY LIVING THING ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH WAS WIPED OUT; men and animals and the creatures that move along the ground and the birds of the air were wiped from the earth. ONLY NOAH WAS LEFT, AND THOSE WITH HIM IN THE ARK."
Tony17, you either believe the entire Bible or you believe none of the Bible. There is no pick and choose option.
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>And for only 8 people to manage the logistics that would have been required to handle the gathering and managing representatives from every species under heaven to include their food abd what have you would have been impossible for only eight people to manage. Makes absolutely no sense. And how did he get to areas such as the arctic to gather those species there? How did he get to areas like the Americas including South America to gather those species there?
There are so many species of animals and insects and birds etc in South America alone that man to this day has not even managed to collect and study or name them all.
I don't know about your houses but in my house we worship God with reason. We don't take leave of our senses when worshipping God and start trying to make things fit that logic simply won't all because there is a HUGE MISUNDERSTANDING OF SCRIPTURE.
I say again..THE FLOOD OF NOAH HAPPENED BUT IT WAS NOT GLOBAL BUT MERELY REGIONAL.
You call yourself a man of God and know nothing of God. Scripture tells us over and over and over and over again there is nothing too hard for God. When God instructed Noah to load the ark do you suppose God left Noah to his own devices. God equips those He calls and He called Noah to do a job.

Genesis 18:14, "Is any thing too hard for the LORD? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son."

Jeremiah 32:17, "Ah, Lord God! It is you who have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and by your outstretched arm! Nothing is too hard for you."

Jeremiah 32:27, "Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh. Is anything too hard for me?"

Matthew 19:26, "But Jesus looked at them and said,“With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

Mark 10:27, "And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible."

Luke 18:27, "But he said,“What is impossible with man is possible with God.”

You said, quote, "I don't know about your houses but in my house we worship God with reason. We don't take leave of our senses when worshiping God and start trying to make things fit that logic simply won't all because there is a HUGE MISUNDERSTANDING OF SCRIPTURE." End quote.

Read your quote. It is laughable.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#475416 Sep 8, 2013
OldJG wrote:
You are spewing more of your theological bologna....
The biblical passages regarding the flood make it clear that it was global. Genesis 7:11 states that “all the springs of the great deep burst forth, and the floodgates of the heavens were opened.” Genesis 1:6-7 and 2:6 tell us that the pre-flood environment was much different from that which we experience today. Based on these and other biblical descriptions, it is reasonably speculated that at one time the earth was covered by some kind of water canopy. This canopy could have been a vapor canopy, or it might have consisted of rings, somewhat like Saturn's ice rings. This, in combination with a layer of water underground, released upon the land (Genesis 2:6) would have resulted in a global flood.
The clearest verses that show the extent of the flood are Genesis 7:19-23. Regarding the waters,“They rose greatly on the earth, and ALL the high mountains under THE ENTIRE HEAVENS were covered. The waters rose and covered the mountains to a depth of more than twenty feet. EVERY LIVING THING that moved on the earth PERISHED—BIRDS, LIVESTOCK, WILD ANIMALS, AND ALL THE CREATURES THAT SWARM OVER THE EARTH, AND "ALL MANKIND". EVERYTHING on dry land that had the breath of life in its nostrils died. EVERY LIVING THING ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH WAS WIPED OUT; men and animals and the creatures that move along the ground and the birds of the air were wiped from the earth. ONLY NOAH WAS LEFT, AND THOSE WITH HIM IN THE ARK."
Tony17, you either believe the entire Bible or you believe none of the Bible. There is no pick and choose option.
<quoted text>
Really? You are wrong....DEAD WRONG!!!
Tony17 said, quote, "When it uses the phrase "UNDER THE ENTIRE HEAVEN",we know that is a merefigure of speech and notliteral anymorethanwhereit states in scripture that Caesar ordered that "ALL THE WORLD SHOULD BE TAXED"." End quote.
Caesar was referring to the world which he governed. Caesar used the word world in a metaphoric context. The Bible describes the world in a literal context when describing the flood. Is God a liar? Was God just kidding when He said, "EVERY LIVING THING ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH WAS WIPED OUT; men and animals and the creatures that move along the ground and the birds of the air were wiped from the earth. ONLY NOAH WAS LEFT, AND THOSE WITH HIM IN THE ARK."
The clearest verses that show the extent of the flood are Genesis 7:19-23.Regarding the waters,“They rose greatly on the earth, and ALL the high mountains under THE ENTIRE HEAVENS were covered. The waters rose and covered the mountains to a depth of more than twenty feet. EVERY LIVING THING that moved on the earth PERISHED—BIRDS, LIVESTOCK, WILD ANIMALS, AND ALL THE CREATURES THAT SWARM OVER THE EARTH, AND "ALL MANKIND". EVERYTHING on dry land that had the breath of life in its nostrils died. EVERY LIVING THING ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH WAS WIPED OUT; men and animals and the creatures that move along the ground and the birds of the air were wiped from the earth. ONLY NOAH WAS LEFT, AND THOSE WITH HIM IN THE ARK."
Exactly ..the bible is,God's,message to us .

The whole thing about the fountains beneath the,earth coming up certainly explains all the so called layers the evolutionists use to
Say we were nit created by God.
Exactly as the BIble says,

Even the Catholics,NOW believe in some other form of biogical ancestor ..
Yet,POPE PIUS DID NOT ...wonder how one can challenge another if they are infallible ...But the thing is ...it's not my belief .

I'll take the BIble any day ..Not theories that change because they are just that theories ...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#475417 Sep 8, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus defined "HIS CHURCH" over 2000 years ago, in Matthew 16:13-21 (including referencing the Church over 30 times in the New Testament!...... Acts 2 defines Jesus' Church as heirachical, authoritative and visible with Bishops, priests, elders and deacons (beginning at Antioch),........Paul "confirms" in in I Timothy 3:15 when he calls THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) as the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH,.....and TRUE Church History as PROVEN it to be TRUE from the billions and billions of Catholic Christians that has "gone before us, marked with the sign of faith" (in and through) Jesus Christs One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church. Jesus established, formed, initiate and founded ONE TRUE CHURCH (and it was Catholic). MEN (not Jesus)(beginning with Luther) built denominations,(42,000+ contradicting, inconsistent and conflicting "Protestant denominations" and multiplying (out of control) each day!......... You Ox, "continue" to have (no idea) as to what you are talking about, which is no surprise to ANY OF US CATHOLICS (Anthony, Clay, Regina, Star C, etc) because you are living on an "isolated (bible only) island" of FICTION that relies on distortion, heresy, lies and deceit in order to "exist"!!!!
I love it!!!! You are calling your pope a liar!!!!!

Each time the word "church" is used, it is from the Greek word "ekklesia"....

The NABre pope approved Catlick bible defines church as: Jesus’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

He did not build a denomination....which is what the Roman Catholic Church is...and its the largest in the USA...

There is no support for the false teaching that church is defined as being the Roman Catholic Church...other than your senseless babbling....

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#475418 Sep 8, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Wellin my "newbie' religion Godsays that the soul can die. In this case God said it, I believe and that settles it.
That's ok too Tony. You have the right to believe anything you want.
I also have the right to share what I believe.
Touche...

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#475419 Sep 8, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>I have a serious problem with any church that doesn't want you to question or challenge what they teach. The RCC doesn't want anyone to question anything they teach. That should raise an alarm very loudly in the ears of anyone that believes in God.
At least they aren't allowed to burn and hang folks for it anymore(at least in most places)...that's a plus.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#475420 Sep 8, 2013
1Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.
2By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

1 John 5:1-2 (KJV)

www.Christ.com


LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#475422 Sep 8, 2013
Sunday, September 08, 2013
This Evening's Meditation
C. H. Spurgeon

----------

"The exceeding greatness of His power to us-ward who believe according to the working of His mighty power, which He wrought in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead."—Ephesians 1:19, 20.
N the resurrection of Christ, as in our salvation, there was put forth nothing short of a divine power. What shall we say of those who think that conversion is wrought by the free will of man, and is due to his own betterness of disposition? When we shall see the dead rise from the grave by their own power, then may we expect to see ungodly sinners of their own free will turning to Christ. It is not the word preached, nor the word read in itself; all quickening power proceeds from the Holy Ghost. This power was irresistible. All the soldiers and the high priests could not keep the body of Christ in the tomb; Death himself could not hold Jesus in his bonds: even thus irresistible is the power put forth in the believer when he is raised to newness of life. No sin, no corruption, no devils in hell nor sinners upon earth, can stay the hand of God's grace when it intends to convert a man. If God omnipotently says, "Thou shalt," man shall not say, "I will not." Observe that the power which raised Christ from the dead was glorious. It reflected honour upon God and wrought dismay in the hosts of evil. So there is great glory to God in the conversion of every sinner. It was everlasting power. "Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over Him." So we, being raised from the dead, go not back to our dead works nor to our old corruptions, but we live unto God. "Because He lives we live also." "For we are dead, and our life is hid with Christ in God." "Like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life." Lastly, in the text mark the union of the new life to Jesus. The same power which raised the Head works life in the members. What a blessing to be quickened together with Christ!
Human Being

Oberlin, LA

#475423 Sep 8, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Not that too many prots may have gone to EWTN to view the Pope's prayer vigil for Peace in Syria,and the world.But He and his Cardinals were not sensitive to the fact that non-Catholics might be turned off to the recitation of the Rosary.There was a huge icon of the Madonna,and the Pope preceded to lead the whole audience into hearing and reciting prayers to Mary,and Salve Regina was sung.The Catholic view must be that when you pray for peace,you should pray only to Mary,as she is the mediator between man and Jesus?
Robert you may be convinced that Roman Catholicism is the true Church,but I can tell you that even if the RCC started a week after the Apostles were sent out,that would have been a controversy from day one.Here are a couple of statements by two leading Jewish figures from Spain in the 1100s.Continued:
Pad

I did not get to watch the EWTN program. I no longer have live tv, but get my information on the internet.

I was aware of yesterday, that the Pope called for prayer and fasting, and today, there was a sheet with a prayer for peace in Syria, which was handed out, in the parish. Yet I was dismayed, that so few picked them up....

I do not know the events which are to come. All I can think of is woe for the U.S. A tyranny of ignorance and greed moving us slowly to the edge.
Human Being

Oberlin, LA

#475425 Sep 8, 2013
Pad wrote:
To Robert F. two renouned Jews who lived in Spain in the 1100s,a poet and a Rabbi who was also a philosopher.
The source is "History of the Jews i Christian Spain."By Yitzhak Baer. SEIR is a word the Jews used for Catholics(Christians).
Here is a poem by JUDAH HALEVI 1108 after many Jews were killed including his nephew.
"Where shall the small lock and the diasora in Spain seek refuge,when you are no more?(those Jews and nephew Solomon murdered)
Who will carry the lambs at his bosom and who will unshackle the fetters of the imprisoned?
May dew never fall upon you, fields of Seir(Catholics)!
May God send a down pour of wrath, upon the daughter of Edom(Catholics)!(also Spain region in prophecy)
May He visit upon her, in retribution,bereavement and widowhood;
May He strike down her population along with her idolatrous IMAGES!"
In 1129 A Rabbi who was a leading patriarch of Spanish Jewry and a philospher/Scientist said this about the Catholics in Palestine.Pages 66-67.
"They defiled the Temple site, established upon it a house of thier worship,set up therein the sculptured IMAGES of their folly, abolished the daily sacrifice in that they prevented the Jews from offering prayer on the Temple site......
"For since the day they gained control over the Sanctuary, they have forbidden Jews to set foot therein, and not a single Jew is to be found in Jerusalem today."
Talk about political clout the Roman Church exercised back in the 1100s,and throughout their history.There are whole libraries of the persections,and abuse of the Jewish peoples,also Moslems and non-Catholic Christians by the RCs and Orthodox.If the books were not written by Protestants,they were written by Jews who knew those times existed by the records they kept which were well detailed.
Pad

Peace

I am by no means a historian, and it is very difficult for me understand, and place myself in Spain during the 1100's. I do not know the motive of the writer as well.

I know little, except that Jews had a "Golden Age" in Spain around 700AD, and the first attack/pogrom on Jews in Europe happened around 1100 in Spain, by Islamic peoples.

I believe I have a relative, traceable to the pogroms in Germany, that escaped to Poland in the 1300's.

It is easy to take one side or another, depending on bias when looking back in history. Perhaps more relevant are situations and events going on today.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 18 hr Jesus saves 8,717
Pope challenges Muslims to condemn violence Tue Jeff Brightone 1
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Tue USA Born 83,901
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Tue woodtick57 4
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... Dec 22 John 4
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 21 Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Dec 21 Doc Proper 12
More from around the web