Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 22,941)

Showing posts 458,801 - 458,820 of512,200
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

huskerdu wrote:
<quoted text>Catholics for choice are excommunicated in my diocese, the leading member just died recently and did not have a Catholic funeral or burial, his service was in a museum and he was cremated. Contraception is considered evil , there is good and then there is evil, nothing in between.
You all have a new Bishop, right?

I know Bruskiewicz excommunicated them-apparently the new guy held that out as well.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

w altonomich..really nikich pikic

no no no
its all against king
yepppppppppppppppppppppppp
lasta borovic tiny black bird wigelly as selica=travel in spring usually have nest under roof

you are borrowing time
money and many things over what and whom as well why?
mr and mrs robic where is your grobic=as graveyard
kra kra vra vrag..money is funny for what as well why..killich is skiljich=winker no eye not working very well..i see today in church man and look after euharistic because of some evil eye..

are you for sure dear God they are not pretending..
yeppppppppppppppppppppppp
robic=is tiny so so so tiny bird red under neck..yep
describe as graveyard..killer

why
who when where for what?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

huskerdu wrote:
<quoted text>Catholics for choice are excommunicated in my diocese, the leading member just died recently and did not have a Catholic funeral or burial, his service was in a museum and he was cremated. Contraception is considered evil , there is good and then there is evil, nothing in between.
We all know that thousands of roman catholic priests/bishops some probably from your own diocese raped many thousands of our children and cost the followers Billions $$ in settlements.

.... How many of them were ex-communicated? How many Bishops/Cardinals who lied/deceived and covered up these worst of sins were ex-communicated. ZERO!

I rest my case!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>God blesses those who choose to pray for others because they love them.
even oldjg prayed for that young girl, while you sat over in the devils chair acting SMART like you always do.
you in the last few months have came out of the devils closet and showed your true colors.
now you can attack the catholic church on this Forum, but that doesn't fool the rest of we Christians, YOU ARE NOT ON OUR SIDE.
this is the same young girl who gave a testimony to her young school friends and you mocked it over a Capitalization or lack of.
and it would have pleased the devil a lot if she had been seriously hurt or killed, there would have went a great testimony lost. it behooves ALL Christians to pray for these young children, in this world that we live in and in our near future, they are going to need a Close Relationship with the Lord to Survive, physically and mentally.
SO OXBORE, YOU CONTINUE TO MOCK HER AND CHOOSE NOT TO PRAY FOR HER, BUT SOMEDAY, THE TABLES MAY BE TURNED AND IT WILL BE YOU WWHO HAS A LOVED ONE THAT HAS JUST BEEN SAVED OR INJURED AND YOU NEED TO ASK OTHERS TO PRAY FOR THEM.
Do I Need to ask other to pray for her when I can ask Him Myself. the answer is NO! I know that He hears me, but if I ask others to pray, one of them might get the answer from God and that answer gives them the strength to go on. We Never know. so why should I stay silent and maybe knock them out of a Blessing from God.
and the Good thing about this Walk is this. Wed night as I walked into church, a Sister said to me. "Preston, you were on my mind last night and I prayed for you". so yeah, I was worried for my Babe, and God knew that and He laid it upon someone to Pray for me. but I know that the actual request made by the Holy Spirit was for her, not really for me.
That is how God works for each of us that Loves Him. So Oxbore, your words don't affect me, I know God loves me and nothing that the devil and you can say to me, will change or affect that.
As Christians whether Catholic, Orthodox ,Protestants etc. we should ALL come together in prayer when someone is in need of prayer.The comfort of knowing that others care enough for you to pray for you, no matter what their faith is, is spiritually powerful.I know. It was a huge comfort to me when Nick was near death.I pray that your granddaughter is recovering and that we should ALL put our differences aside when someone else is in pain and suffering.It is what Christ would have us to do. I say this with an open heart...
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
So, either all scripture is divinely inspired, only some are divinely inspired, or none are divinely inspired.
You've decided which are inspired and which are not, while simultaneously flogging your opponent with demands to show you why his conclusions are valid, based upon your proclamation that he's wrong.
Circular logic.
You haven't actually deigned to tell us why the Canonic gospels aren't an authentic/complete collection of divinely inspired text. And, no, the mere existence of the Gospel of Thomas et.al. isn't proof.
By what evidence were the scriptures declared inspired words of God? Didn't the church throw out and burn more scriptures than what is known today? Weren't they too divinely inspired by God?

Back in the day a few people were pulling all the strings, just as the strings are pulled today.

UNBELIEVABLE!
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

$ring as spring under rooffore four $=4
altarnovic=civ=gun on at la atro astro atro a tree a 3
geometric describe

3 king
3 triangle strange much more
not describe why not
not at all
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
We all know that thousands of roman catholic priests/bishops some probably from your own diocese raped many thousands of our children and cost the followers Billions $$ in settlements.
.... How many of them were ex-communicated? How many Bishops/Cardinals who lied/deceived and covered up these worst of sins were ex-communicated. ZERO!
I rest my case!
May of 1994, the Diocese of Lincoln paid a $40,000 settlement on an abuse claim. One alleged victim.

That's it.

Catholics for Choice, whom you're so fond of, have enabled the wholesale slaughter of 50 million human lives since 1973.

Your case rests, alright.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
By what evidence were the scriptures declared inspired words of God? Didn't the church throw out and burn more scriptures than what is known today? Weren't they too divinely inspired by God?
Back in the day a few people were pulling all the strings, just as the strings are pulled today.
UNBELIEVABLE!
By Church councils.

No, they didn't burn piles of scripture.

Speaking of "pulling strings", aren't you pulling everyone's chain here all day long?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

huskerdu wrote:
Contraception is considered evil you say, yet upwards of 82% of roman catholics have used or use contraceptives and say they are morally OK.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/154799/americans-i...

----------

Catholic women and abortions. More roman catholic women have abortions performed per 1,000 women in america than protestant or non believers.

http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Catholic/2001...

1,700 years of sexual abuse by many catholic clergy. They even have canon laws about it that go back to the 3rd century..........and we just found out about it in the last few years!!

http://www.awrsipe.com/patrick_wall/executive...

ITS APPARENT TO ALL! THAT THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH HAS LOST COMPLETE CONTROL OF ITS FOLLOWERS..........

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

The "true gospel" you say.

So with you stating this, then you also have a text of some sort by "God" specifically stating which texts are of "His inspiration" and those which are not.

Right?

Or did you just add the qualifier to appease your own mind, because you don't follow the "true gospel" as Jesus expressed?
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
So, either all scripture is divinely inspired, only some are divinely inspired, or none are divinely inspired.
Yes - do you have where "God" stated such?
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You've decided which are inspired and which are not, while simultaneously flogging your opponent with demands to show you why his conclusions are valid, based upon your proclamation that he's wrong.
No, you are incorrect. I beleive all texts are "God" inspired.

You on the other hand accept what men have deemed as such, thus only have a portion of what was inspired. Well, that is if "God" even stated any text was inspired.

I've searched many texts, and not one statement from "God" expressing such inspiration. Which tells me, either they all are, or none of them are.

What about you - can you show me where "God" has specifically stated which texts are inspired and which are not?

Or are you going to play along with every other so-called "Christian" and continue to divert from answering, as you are doing here?
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Circular logic.
You are not one to speak of circular logic, when your belief falls within that category completely.
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't actually deigned to tell us why the Canonic gospels aren't an authentic/complete collection of divinely inspired text. And, no, the mere existence of the Gospel of Thomas et.al. isn't proof.
Am I supposed to? Why should I? I didn't choose them to be inspired, other men did. I refute their claim.

I guess I am more honest than you are in many regards concerning Christianity.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Contraception is considered evil you say, yet upwards of 82% of roman catholics have used or use contraceptives and say they are morally OK.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/154799/americans-i...
----------
Catholic women and abortions. More roman catholic women have abortions performed per 1,000 women in america than protestant or non believers.
http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Catholic/2001...
1,700 years of sexual abuse by many catholic clergy. They even have canon laws about it that go back to the 3rd century..........and we just found out about it in the last few years!!
http://www.awrsipe.com/patrick_wall/executive...
ITS APPARENT TO ALL! THAT THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH HAS LOST COMPLETE CONTROL OF ITS FOLLOWERS..........
It's apparent to all that you think it a novelty that people don't follow all the rules of their religious teachings.
It's not a novelty. News must travel slow up to Canada.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they didn't burn piles of scripture.
yes they did.

Why do you try to deny this fact?

You don't have to hide from honesty Dan.

Manichean and Christian scriptures (by Diocletian)[edit source | editbeta]The Diocletianic Persecution started on March 31, 302, with the Roman Emperor Diocletian, in a rescript from Alexandria, ordering that the leading Manicheans be burnt alive along with their scriptures.[19] This was the first time a Roman Imperial persecution ever called for the destruction of sacred literature.[20] On the following year, on February 23, 303, Diocletian ordered that the newly built Christian church at Nicomedia be razed, its scriptures burned, and its treasures seized.[21] Later persecutions included the burning of both the Christians themselves and of their books. As related in later Christian Hagiography, at that time the governor of Valencia offered the deacon who would become known as Saint Vincent of Saragossa to have his life spared in exchange for his consigning Scripture to the fire. Vincent refused and let himself be executed instead. In religious paintings he is often depicted holding the book whose preservation he preferred to his own life (see illustration in Saint Vincent of Saragossa page.)[22]

Books of Arianism (after Council of Nicaea)[edit source | editbeta]
Burning of Arian books at Nicaea (illustration from a compendium of canon law, ca. 825, MS. in the Capitular Library, Vercelli)The books of Arius and his followers, after the first Council of Nicaea (325 C.E.), were burned for heresy by the roman emperor Theodosius I who published a decree commanding that, "the doctrine of the Trinity should be embraced by those who would be called catholics; that all others should bear the infamous name of heretics".[23] Arius was exiled and presumably assassinated following this, and Arian books continued to be regularly burned into the 330s.[24]

Library of Antioch (by Jovian)[edit source | editbeta]In 364, the Christian Emperor Jovian ordered the entire Library of Antioch to be burnt.[25] It had been heavily stocked by the aid of his non-Christian predecessor, Emperor Julian.

"Unacceptable writings" (by Athanasius)[edit source | editbeta]Elaine Pagels claims that in 367, Athanasius ordered monks in the Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria in his role as bishop of Alexandria to destroy all "unacceptable writings" in Egypt, the list of writings to be saved constituting the New Testament.[26]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_book_bur...
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
May of 1994, the Diocese of Lincoln paid a $40,000 settlement on an abuse claim. One alleged victim.
That's it.
Catholics for Choice, whom you're so fond of, have enabled the wholesale slaughter of 50 million human lives since 1973.
Data Base of accused roman catholic priests from the two dioceses in NEBRASKA.

http://bishop-accountability.org/member/psear...

http://bishop-accountability.org/member/psear...

----------

Here is the BIG PICTURE in the US alone, sexually abusive priests convicted/accused in all 50 states, and even these numbers aren't current. Pick a state, pick a diocese and read the disgusting stories often multiple abuses of our children.

http://bishop-accountability.org/priestdb/Pri...

Isn't it time Dan you stopped defending criminals and started demanding accountability?

Evidentally not!

I bring the truth, the truth catholics don't want to know.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

The "true gospel" you say.
So with you stating this, then you also have a text of some sort by "God" specifically stating which texts are of "His inspiration" and those which are not.
Right?
Or did you just add the qualifier to appease your own mind, because you don't follow the "true gospel" as Jesus expressed?
<quoted text>
Yes - do you have where "God" stated such?
<quoted text>
No, you are incorrect. I beleive all texts are "God" inspired.
You on the other hand accept what men have deemed as such, thus only have a portion of what was inspired. Well, that is if "God" even stated any text was inspired.
I've searched many texts, and not one statement from "God" expressing such inspiration. Which tells me, either they all are, or none of them are.
What about you - can you show me where "God" has specifically stated which texts are inspired and which are not?
Or are you going to play along with every other so-called "Christian" and continue to divert from answering, as you are doing here?
<quoted text>
You are not one to speak of circular logic, when your belief falls within that category completely.
<quoted text>
Am I supposed to? Why should I? I didn't choose them to be inspired, other men did. I refute their claim.
I guess I am more honest than you are in many regards concerning Christianity.
"I beleive all texts are "God" inspired."

Show me a text of some sort by "God" specifically stating that God says that all texts are inspired.

See how that works?

Texts do not interpret themselves. People have to do that.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

micle cycle=one eye you not rest nothing at all

you liked money to be funny
really mr or mrs robich crvendach bird=red skin neck

Are you for sure mr mamoparich your rest zarich can be bank zurich..you want your money funny there.

Who is stupid here?
me

nopppppppp

titichchitich what you piljing as cheat ha ha monkey kikirikinutic..

Are you for sure you are not gorila or white skiny monkey from neighbour as chinemachine man near $=4

see put in..
Are you for sure your not kiss chine girls?
chichila is very expensive animals mostly sheik shake shake sheike from arabia grow up that funfunny chinchile animals.

spring
Arab spring

kuchikuchikuchi

dear God
Did you know anything about Arab spring?
spyring

dear God
please
if i could please you
neka neka mr mrs mecca deka
mazga=mica cica choper hellicopter place=is that secret where hiden secret stay

it is written
darkness dear god
everything will be shaken in that circle

please
dear God
tell me why i am wrong
desire who is thirsty about what

remember who dig someone something
its going fall in for themself..

don't try play with me 3x king
flipflopflup
3f=lipi lopov ..really evilllllllllllll
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
That's it.
The websites didn't come through.

GOOGLE BISHOPS ACCOUNTABILITY ABUSE........Scan down to Data Base of Priests accused of sexual abuse..........click on any state or diocese in america including the two in NEBRASKA.

Your numbers are flawed.

Isn't it time Dan you demanded accountability from your church leaders as to why their has been a perverted sub culture within the catholic clergy?

UNBELIEVABLE!

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I thought I already told you and cited in Canon Law where these folks are excommunicating themselves to the degree that they should not approach for receipt of certain of the Sacraments of the Church.
Excommunication is always 'on the table'. These people simply don't care. They're politicians.
I'm not sure what PAPAL ceremonies you're referring to here?
Recall that people are not condemned-their acts are judged, but not the people-God does that, not us. Excommunication is a very severe penalty.
Both Biden and Pelosi publicly attended POPE,Francis inaugural Mass .

Km saying not that they excommunicate themselves ...it should be public and official ..

Come on tell me you would not think this heresy on abortion being fine is,NOT a good thing ..
How many babies have to die

How MANY people had to be killed by the monarchs ...

The bishops and the POPE most certainly have the power .

These pols are ALL ABOUT public perception ...And some may need REAL boundaries to realize their immortal souls are in danger ..
And CATHOLICS vote for these people because they are,CATHOLUC sometime s

I'm betting they go to confession ...But do they confess this awful sin of corruption. Of the women and killing of the babies ...

And I know excommunication is serious ..so is this .

Much more so than a person who remarried while nit having their marriage declared null and void ..

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
But and however....in the Scripture you quoted...I see no reference to a person "called of God".
You are not comparing apples to apples....you are comparing onions to peaches!!!!
I aint goin there Oxbow.

I didn't just fall off the turnip trunk don'tcha know.,I know what your up to.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's apparent to all that you think it a novelty that people don't follow all the rules of their religious teachings.
It's not a novelty. News must travel slow up to Canada.
Dan says......It's apparent to all that you think it a novelty that people don't follow all the rules of their religious teachings.

Michael says. No! I don't think its a novelty. I think it shows the true feelings of catholics who by the most part are disconnecting themselves from the church. You should be finding out why.

When less than 1 in 4 catholics today in america/canada attend mandatory sunday mass, and only 3% attend daily mass, that clearly shows that most catholics have little interest in what the church is teaching today.

Imagine a large corporation and 1 out of every 4 workers didn't go to work everyday. They would be out of business in a hurry. T

Numbers don't lie.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

one eye=greek cyclop polcyc polcyc=policate polisate
polish..really greekopolishe

micle cycle
cyclop=greek one eye
who wink=thief

e now
not yet false story
mr or mrs borich chorich.eye
about what
from borovce village
did you

ok cycle

not yet circle
which one who why

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 458,801 - 458,820 of512,200
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••