Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 568,579
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#475267 Sep 6, 2013
Proverbs 16

17 The highway of the upright is to depart from evil: he that keepeth his way preserveth his soul.

18 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

19 Better it is to be of an humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud.

20 He that handleth a matter wisely shall find good: and whoso trusteth in the LORD, happy is he.

21 The wise in heart shall be called prudent: and the sweetness of the lips increaseth learning.

22 Understanding is a wellspring of life unto him that hath it: but the instruction of fools is folly.

23 The heart of the wise teacheth his mouth, and addeth learning to his lips.

24 Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

25 There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

26 He that laboureth laboureth for himself; for his mouth craveth it of him.

27 An ungodly man diggeth up evil: and in his lips there is as a burning fire.

28 A froward man soweth strife: and a whisperer separateth chief friends.

29 A violent man enticeth his neighbour, and leadeth him into the way that is not good.

30 He shutteth his eyes to devise froward things: moving his lips he bringeth evil to pass.

31 The hoary head is a crown of glory, if it be found in the way of righteousness.
Sick

Shawnee, OK

#475268 Sep 6, 2013
It was never immaculate conception what a lie Yahweh would never trespass against A woman And put A seed into her....they had sex........

The roman catholic church has done nothing but lie and change the scriptures not once but many times.

They done away with the laws they changed the sabbath they done away with feast days for pagan holidays sick evil holidays Like Easter Christmas the worst of all.....Satan got you worshiping a tree.....

And you all know how I feel about the name Yahweh is not A god man made him A god by changing his name and no it is not a translation.

Satan Is leading this government and this world into destruction.All in the name of religion.

What matters Is to love What is Love It is the keeping of the law the ones that were nailed to the cross........I got news in heaven or the new earth you will be taught the laws of Yahweh And you will live by them and learn to love them As I do..

With A war About to break out and could turn into world war three And a end of mankind.Now is the time to repent of your god worship And your sins.

Yahweh will allow these thing to take place but he will win the final war.....Praise Yahweh....the roman catholic church Is trash nothing but evil.....And is to blame for the world being the way it is......the house where Satan dwells.

And the message will be preached to all the world and then the end will come......Praise Yahweh And glory to Yehsua...My fathers return draws nigh.

Nothing to fear only to rejoice

The reason the world is the way it is because you do not keep the law the old testament.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#475269 Sep 6, 2013
Isaiah 5
20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

21 Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#475270 Sep 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical fundie response when confronted with the truth. You ignore it and condemn everyone to hell.
Where's your reason and logic? The Bible didn't pop out of the sky. The Apostles didn't just hand out their writings without explaining the contents.
I tell you, if the evangelicals scenario on history and Christianity was truth, then Christ was a joke and His Ministry is even more of a joke.
All you're doing is forming a religion based on whatever you interpret from someone elses Holy Scriptures. Then you are calling this religion 'Christian'.
You guys got no case. I concur that God lifted you up when you were down in the dumps. After all, if He didn't do it because you weren't Catholic, He'd be a fraud too. We understand him to be infinite Love and Mercy. it makes perfect sense that you'd experience this infinite Love too.
Get out of the scripture interpretation business. You are not an authority on it. You're outside of His actual Church. You don't believe the same things that the Apostles taught about the Church.
The Eucharist is the pinnacle of Christianity on Earth, and you take it and throw it on the ground.
You advised me to get out of the scripture interpretation business. My friend,unlike you and the rest of the poor Catholic adherents,I do not interpret the scriptures. I let the scriptures interpret themselves. That way you won't go wrong and start butchering Gods word as the Catholics are guilty of. As for the rest of your statement I will not waste my time responding to it because just as Michael refused to argue or debate with Satan because he knew how fruitless and useless it would have been,I know the futility of arguing with one that follows the false religion of Catholicism.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#475271 Sep 6, 2013
OldJG wrote:
THE BABYLONIAN QUEEN OF HEAVEN:
Was conceived immaculately…was never defiled by sin…never lost her virginity.
Had a son called "the cleanser from sin" and the "unpolluted god".
Crushed the head of the serpent as it bruised her heel.
Was carried to heaven by her son after her death and resurrection.
Was both co-redeemer and judge who stood by her son as he judged the dead.
Both he and she were endowed with the keys to open the portals of heaven.
Had blue eyes and golden hair just like the madonna images we see today.
Had a sun-disk or sun rays around her head, with the moon under her feet.
Even Boo Boo the fool should be able to see that the Catholic church was born in the ditches of hell itself. And compare the VESTAL VIRGINS practice to NUNS of the Catholic church. I don't understand why most of the practices of the Catholic church was adopted from PAGAN RELIGIONS.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#475272 Sep 6, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
I aint goin there Oxbow.
I didn't just fall off the turnip trunk don'tcha know.,I know what your up to.
One of the best save-face I have seen!!!!

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#475273 Sep 6, 2013
Christ stated that the gates of hell would NOT prevail against His church. Anyone that has spiritual eyes to see can see that the Catholic church, metaphorically and symbolically speaking, are the gates of hell.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#475274 Sep 6, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>NOPE. HER POST NEVER NEEDED TO BE EDITED BY ME OR ANYONE ELSE.
then it wouldn't have came from her. I loved it, if you didn't, WHO ARE YOU?
you are nothing but a blowhard to me and a very contemptible person
I see exactly what you are!!!!! You did edit and did correct her degrading language...after it was pointed out to you how she portrayed God in a very demeaning manner........
Clay

United States

#475275 Sep 6, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>You advised me to get out of the scripture interpretation business. My friend,unlike you and the rest of the poor Catholic adherents,I do not interpret the scriptures. I let the scriptures interpret themselves. That way you won't go wrong and start butchering Gods word as the Catholics are guilty of. As for the rest of your statement I will not waste my time responding to it because just as Michael refused to argue or debate with Satan because he knew how fruitless and useless it would have been,I know the futility of arguing with one that follows the false religion of Catholicism.
I ask you to provide book, chapter and verse where Jesus (or anyone else) says that scripture interprets itself. That statement of yours is a lie from hell. The mere title of 'sacred scripture' for the Christian, came from an established Church. it did not come from scripture itself.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#475276 Sep 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I ask you to provide book, chapter and verse where Jesus (or anyone else) says that scripture interprets itself. That statement of yours is a lie from hell. The mere title of 'sacred scripture' for the Christian, came from an established Church. it did not come from scripture itself.
Aww Pookie. I sense that I have made you angry with me. I'll give you an example of how scripture interprets itself.In Genesis where we are told that Ham saw or uncovered his father Noah's nakedness,what does uncovering your fathers nakedness mean? It is interpreted in the scriptures and most people including the Catholics are clueless as to what uncovering your fathers nakedness means? They think it means to see your father naked.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#475277 Sep 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer to propaganda leaflet #1
1. False. Prayers for the dead; Book of Maccabees 12:43 "For if he were not expecting that those who had fallen would rise again, it would be foolish to pray for the dead. But if he was looking to the splendid reward that is laid up for those who fall asleep in godliness, it was a holy and pious thought. Therefore, he made atonement for the dead, that they might be delivered from their sin.(purgatory)
2. Sign of the cross 310 AD? First off, that is still before the Roman Empire legalized Christianity and they were still persecuting Christians.....so Im not sure why you claim its 'Roman' Catholic teaching. Anyway, the sign of the cross was used much earlier when Christians Baptized infants and performed the sign on their forhead. ewtn.com/expert/sign_of_the_cross.htm
3. Wax Voltive candles? No comment.
4. Veneration of saints and Angels. You say 375 AD. I say it was always there in Christianity. But here is an Orthodox site that documents it in 150 AD (long before Constantine was born btw)
"Him indeed we adore as the Son of God; But the Martyrs we love as they deserve, for their surpassing love to their King and Master, as we wish also to be their companions and fellow-disciples"
orthodoxbridge.com/early-evidence-for-the-ven... ?
5. Mary was declared the Mother of God when Christ was born. The Church may have made a formative title in 425 AD, but so what? They were merely stating the obvious. Jesus is God. Mary is His Mother. You don't believe Christ is God?
1. Cly, cly. Maccabees? Maybe we should consult the book of Batman. Maybe he can shed some light on Roman Catholic theology.

2. cly said, quote, "Sign of the cross 310 AD? First off, that is still before the Roman Empire legalized Christianity and they were still persecuting Christians.....so Im not sure why you claim its 'Roman' Catholic teaching. Anyway, the sign of the cross was used much earlier when Christians Baptized infants and performed the sign on their forhead. ewtn.com/expert/sign_of_the_cross.htm" ; End quote.

Christians, real Christians never baptized babies nor did they put the sign of the cross on the forehead.

3. cly, cly. Here is the history for you....Saints have been honored since the early church. Special veneration was first given just to martyrs, but was extended in the fourth century to include "confessors," those who suffered for their faith but not to the point of martyrdom. Bishops began to regulate the cults of various martyrs in their dioceses, although veneration of particular martyrs often extended beyond a single diocese or country. Early church councils also addressed the subject.

What century cly???? The FOURTH.

4. cly said, quote, "Mary was declared the Mother of God when Christ was born. The Church may have made a formative title in 425 AD, but so what? They were merely stating the obvious. Jesus is God. Mary is His Mother. You don't believe Christ is God?" End quote.

Mary gave birth to God? Really? So Mary existed before God and how did she get pregnant? Who helped that along if she gave birth to God. Will you tell us Mary gave birth to God and became pregnant by God? No, cly, Mary gave birth to Jesus. The human Jesus. You do understand that don't you cly?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#475278 Sep 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
propaganda leaflet answers continued:
6. I find no record of Priests beginning to wear vestments in 500 AD. But here is Lev 21:10 "The Priest who is chief among his brethren, upon whose head the anointing oil is poured, and whose been CONSECRATED to wear the garment..."
7. N/A
8. Temporal Papacy power granted by Phocas? I only find any mention of that under radical fundamental websites. It seems what you are trying to imply be this is not truthful.
9. So what?
10.'kissing the Popes feet'. Again, nobody kisses the popes feet or kisses his ring like you want to think, but rather, due to the authority he represents given by Jesus Christ Himself. The Pope can not error on teachings of faith and morals; No Pope has ever gone against sacred scripture or sacred tradition. He's protected. THATS why the honor is given. To the Chair, NOT really the human sitting in it. Got it?
11. N/a
12. We don't adore anyone but the Trinity. So your false tidbit is immaterial.
Holy Relics and there power is Biblical. I gotta pick my boy up from work. Continued later....
6. The liturgical vestments have by no means remained the same from the founding of the Church until the present day. There is as great a difference between the vestments worn at the Holy Sacrifice in the pre-Constantinian period, and even in the following centuries, and those now customary at the services of the Church, as between the rite of the early Church and that of modern times.

7. cly said, quote, "N/A". End quote. Yes cly this is very applicable. Latin was not the language of the common people so the priests could make up their own "theology". Imagine that! LOL LOL They have been doing just that for centuries.

8. Some historians identify the crowning of Charlemagne in 800 as the moment in which the Church started having an international importance in a modern sense, although the temporal power can be traced even earlier to either the Donation of Pepin in 754, or the crowning of Pepin by Pope Zachary in 752, the first time a secular sovereign was crowned by a pope.

9. cly said, quote, "so what". End quote. Why feast of days for Mary?

10. Kissing the popes ring and feet??? Hmmm? Did they kiss the feet of Jesus? Did Jesus even have a ring? No cly, kissing anything on the pope is stupid and not Biblical.

11. N/A?

12. cly said, quote, "We don't adore anyone but the Trinity. So your false tidbit is immaterial.
Holy Relics and there power is Biblical. I gotta pick my boy up from work. Continued later...." End quote.

We all know this is a lie and thus this confirms....cly is a liar.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#475279 Sep 6, 2013
ruggededge wrote:
forgetting the vatican for a moment jesus never
prescribed an enclosed religion show me where he
did.
Constantine began the practice when they altered
the gospels.FACT.
Fancy garb and places of worship would not impress
jesus do you really think he would be in agreement
with these garish trappings.
No. In fact I think he would consider them "pharisees".
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#475280 Sep 6, 2013
Page 1 of 2

History of the "glorious" Roman Catholic church.
And Jesus was the founder of this cesspool? I don't think so.

January 1992: "Father" Wilson Smart allegedly raped an altar boy years earlier and photographed him without clothes.

February 1992, Wisconsin: "Father" Bruce Hall was tried in Wisconsin for caressing a boy, 12 years of age, during visits to the rectory for counseling.

March 1992, California: "Father" Victor Ubaldi was charged by a San Diego woman for molesting her numerous times when she was a pre and early teenager.

April 1992, California: "Father" Patrick Kelly, aged 71, absconded to Ireland after being charged with molesting a little girl, having been forbidden to remain in the State of California.

May 1992, Arizona: "Father" Mark Lehman was sued by parents in the Diocese of Phoenix, AZ, who claimed he had molested their three children. He had received a ten year prison sentence only one month before for exploiting several other children.

June 1992, Massachusetts: "Father" Richard Lavigne in Shelbourne Falls, MA. was found guilty and jailed for 12 counts of child rape. For months he insisted that the accusations were part of a plot framed by a local group that had left his church.

July 1992, California: "Father" J.T. Monaghan (a retired priest) was charged with taking a 7 year old Sacramento girl, who he was counseling into the kitchen for cookies where he allegedly abused her.

August 1992, Indiana & Illinois: "Father" Patrick White, aldeady under indictment in the State of Indiana for his abuse of boys, was arrested in Illinois for criminal sexual assault of a minor. At the time of his arrest, law enforcement officers found Mr. White destroying snapshots of nude boys.

September 1992, Massachusetts: "Father" Ron Provost was charged and found guilty to having taken photographs of -2- unclothed boys (7 to 10 years old) in his rectory in Barre, MA. in order to obtain sexual pleasure. Some of the photos were 15 years old.

October 1992, New York: "'Father" Daniel Calabrese sodomized a minor in his Poughkeepsie, N.Y. rectory and was found guilty. After sentencing him to 90 days in jail, the District Attorney, William Grady reprimanded Cardinal John O'Connor for ignoring previous complaints concerning Calabrese's behaviour.

November 1992, Wisconsin: "Father" David Malsch was charged with taking a 14 year old boy in Wausau, Wisconsin, to a motel for two days, where he fondled him in the pool, gave him alcohol and took photos of the boy without clothes in the motel room. The boy had a learning disability,

December 1992, Massachusetts & New Mexico: "Father" David Holley after being accused of molesting children in Worcester, MA. was transferred to Alamogordo, NM, to a treatment center known as the Servants of the Paraclete. In New Mexico, he allegedly molested other children.

1993, California: In Santa Barbara over 30 children were molested in a seminary.

1993, Illinois: Bishop Joseph Imesch of Joliet, IL, was quoted saying: "These are times that shake our faith and confidence in our most cherished systems and institutions. We hear about sexual abuse and the shattering effect it has on the victims, their families and the community. I am particularly shocked and saddened when I hear of allegations that some of our priests have committed these acts." The bishop was speaking from experience as he had recently removed six molesting priests.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#475281 Sep 6, 2013
Page 2 of 2

History of the "glorious" Roman Catholic church.
And Jesus was the founder of this cesspool? I don't think so.

1993, Massachusetts: Former priest, James Porter was sentenced to 18 - 20 years in a Massachusetts State Prison by Superior Court Judge, Robert L. Steadman, in New Bedford, MA. Porter, 58 pleaded guilty to 41 counts of sexual abuse between 1961 and 1967 in five parishes in south eastern Massachusetts. He could be eligible for parole in six years. More than 100 victims of the ex-priest reached a civil agreement with the local Archdiocese in 1992. The New Bedford Standard Times reported a $1.5 million settlement with 31 additional victims. Porter's case offers the largest example of clerical sexual abuse - or abuse by any individual - in American judical history. Judge Steadman lambasted Porter for his outrageous conduct and complete disregard for the physical, spiritual and psychological impact be had on his victims. He called Porter "an effigy" representing all the other named and unnamed child abusers. Porter's case was avidly pursued by victims who for many years had repressed memories of their abuse. Frank Fitzpatrick, now 43 said he was 39 before he could trace a lifetime of depression and lack of self esteem to the occasion on which he was drugged and molested by "Father" Porter.

1996, Ohio: An Ohio family suing the Roman Catholic Church says their retarded son who died of AIDS got the disease from members of a religious order who raped him while he lived at a church-funded home.

The Roman Catholic Church leadership can no longer hide the facts. Priests are molesting children throughout the land. Literally hundreds of priests in this country alone, are preying on children. To try to hush this unprecedented crisis the hierarchy of the Catholic Church has spent upwards of 500 million dollars in out-of-court settlements. Thousands of Americans will never be the same again because of molestation by their priest when they were children. Victims tell of drug and alcohol addiction, nightmares, depression and suicide attempts which they trace to the time when they were molested by a priest.

You should be concerned about how many of these molesters are still 'at-large' because Rome paid off the parents and the victims and then transferred the molesters to other parishes.

Location hidden

#475282 Sep 6, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus died for you, so that you could go to heaven. I can see where that would be very complicated :)
If Jesus died, how is it that he still lives and is coming nacl.
If that is the case, he never died, and there was only a token sacrifice, if any at all.
Why is that so difficult to understand?
Is your reasoning ability impaired or something?
truth

Perth, Australia

#475283 Sep 6, 2013
meybe he is she
what you think
n

Location hidden

#475284 Sep 6, 2013
Plain Jane wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe because there are inner doubts that he cannot accept.
So he "honors" and "defends" Jesus by being nasty.
Which is contrary to the teaching of the very Jesus she believes in.
That is the very definition of hypocrite.
truth

Perth, Australia

#475285 Sep 6, 2013
be c au koze someone try make fun funny and money too
she=$he

o don't worry i will pray for you
Our Father=Oceanas

to you my lovely family in Christ
to you my brothers and sisters in Oceania

i wrote to you
what your Creator promise
renew face as well face of this planet earth
now who is been down will be up
what is up will be down..

-don't be scare of me my lovely fraud friends
very soon you all will be under fra- id..its very nice identification..yeeeeeee

I remind you pray for your mother..nobody can't cry and pray like her!

come come to me my lovely childreens

Did you see I'N'RI who stay there?

Location hidden

#475286 Sep 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Billy Graham has turned over a "new leaf" in his bible, as he preaches that humans no longer have to be Christian to go to heaven.
I wonder if non-human animals will be able to go to heaven if THEY are not Christian.
Sarcasm intended.
Well, it seems many jackasses will be in heaven, so he may be right!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Transgender man: I met with Pope Francis 10 hr TerryE 1
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jan 28 Married in 8,881
Pope's visit to stoke climate fight Jan 26 SpaceBlues 1
Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... Jan 21 theidiotsareunited 3
More Jan 20 George 3
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) Jan 20 KidlatNgayon 80
Pope: Don't Breed Like Rabbits. Or Use Birth Co... Jan 20 Weird or What 1
More from around the web