Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 667731 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

LTM

Terrace Bay, Canada

#475460 Sep 9, 2013
LORD of Hosts
1 The earth is the LORD's, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.
2 For he hath founded it upon the seas, and established it upon the floods.
3 Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place?
4 He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.
5 He shall receive blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.
6 This is the generation of them that seek him, that seek thy face, O Jacob.
Selah.

7 Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
8 Who is this King of glory?
The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle.
9 Lift up your heads, O ye gates; even lift them up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
10 Who is this King of glory? The LORD of hosts, he is the King of glory.
Selah.

Enter

LTM

Terrace Bay, Canada

#475461 Sep 9, 2013
Monday, September 09, 2013
This Morning's Meditation
C. H. Spurgeon

----------

"I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things which thou knowest not."¬óJeremiah 33:3.
HERE are different translations of these words. One version renders it, "I will shew thee great and fortified things." Another, "Great and reserved things." Now, there are reserved and special things in Christian experience: all the developments of spiritual life are not alike easy of attainment. There are the common frames and feelings of repentance, and faith, and joy, and hope, which are enjoyed by the entire family; but there is an upper realm of rapture, of communion, and conscious union with Christ, which is far from being the common dwelling-place of believers. We have not all the high privilege of John, to lean upon Jesus' bosom; nor of Paul, to be caught up into the third heaven. There are heights in experimental knowledge of the things of God which the eagle's eye of acumen and philosophic thought hath never seen: God alone can bear us there; but the chariot in which He takes us up, and the fiery steeds with which that chariot is dragged, are prevailing prayers. Prevailing prayer is victorious over the God of mercy, "By his strength he had power with God: yea, he had power over the angel, and prevailed: he wept, and made supplication unto Him: he found Him in Beth-el, and there He spake with us." Prevailing prayer takes the Christian to Carmel, and enables him to cover heaven with clouds of blessing, and earth with floods of mercy. Prevailing prayer bears the Christian aloft to Pisgah, and shows him the inheritance reserved; it elevates us to Tabor and transfigures us, till in the likeness of his Lord, as He is, so are we also in this world. If you would reach to something higher than ordinary grovelling experience, look to the Rock that is higher than you, and gaze with the eye of faith through the window of importunate prayer. When you open the window on your side, it will not be bolted on the other.
yTube

AOL

#475462 Sep 9, 2013

"coming w/ ALL DECEPTION" ---ANTICHRIST

LTM

Terrace Bay, Canada

#475463 Sep 9, 2013
We Fall Down by Passion Worship Band with Lyrics
This is one of my favorite Praise and Worship songs. It always has been since I first heard it in my early teen years.(Lyrics
Human Being

Basile, LA

#475464 Sep 9, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I believe that Yitzhak Baer wanted to showover a period of 10 centuries and under a severe challenge to exist,his Jewish people suvived,but he relates that the Jewish people alwayssffered wondering why God had dealt with them so strongly,like giving them life,and taking it away with callousness.
He mentioned
that the Jews suffered more under the Germanic Catholics,than they did in Spain.Jews were more willing to be martyred for their faith in Germany,than in Spain,he stated.
Pages 14 and 15 of this book.This s a statement of fact that should make Catholics think:
Yitzhak Baer"In the fourth century Christianity entered into an alliance with the Roman Empire, for all the latter;s iniquities,in anticipation of the day when it would possess enough strength to inculcate the pirit of righteousness and divine jutice into the institution of the Gentiles. Fortified with this outlook, the Christian Church rose to a dominant positon among the powers of the earth, whereas Israel remained alone, fulfilling the function of the "city of God" besiegd by the icked surviving only by dint of its faith in God who can b trusted to fulfil His promise.
The Christian Church, united with the Romn Empire(in the 4th Century), wiped out pagan worship,bt it could not ad dared not destroy Israel completely
"SLAY them not,lest my people forget; make them wander to and fro by Thy power." (Psalms 59:12)"
"The Roman emperors relegated the dispersed Jews to the position of second-class citizens with limited rights.They enacted laws to prevent the spread of Judaism.They oppressed the Jewish community in Palestine and abolished the official authoriy of the Patriarch. Catholicism(Christianity),thus in doctrine andin deed, imposed upon Israel the sentence of Galut(dispersion)."Pages 14-15.
But let me back up to this statement by Baer"Until the Roman Empire turned Christian, the position of Christianity with respect to the Empire and pagan society was similar to the position of Israel among the nations. Christianity succeeded in converting the Roman Empire, not only because it discarded the nation and ritual elements of the teachings of the rabbis,but also because it presented the mythic elements common to both Judaism and Christianity in SIMPLE, RATONAL t e r m s, and related them to existing social and POLTICAL CONDITIONS.FROM THE TIME te t w o religions separated and until the end of the Middle Ages the rivalry between Judaism and Christianity did not revolve around fundamental differences of faith and ethics,but took the form of a contest between two divergent conceptions of human history and two conflicting approaches to the problem of salvation, each seeking to gain ascendancy over the other.Without a knowledgeof these theoretical condiserations it is impossible to understand the harsh fate which befell our people during the Middle Ages." Page 14.{A History of the Jews in Christian Spain}.
In the year 418 The Bishop of Mayorca, wrote a letter to the Caholics of that place and on the Island of Minorca,that allJews foun on the island shall be forced to become Christians, but first they torched the existing Synagogue.The Jews reminded themselves of the Maccabean martyrs, both men and women fought to their deaths with deeds of herosim and self-sacrifice. Still 540 Jews were forced to convert or die.
Pad

Peace

It does sound like an interesting book. And it would appear that the author states his Jewish view of salvation differs from that of the Christian view, then we can see where he draws the proverbial "line in the sand".

Remember as a Christian there is neither Jew nor Greek, as you read....And obviously, the introduction of the spread of Islam, had everyone "up in arms". It is to bad humanity usurps the peace which God would bestow on those who seek Him.(No matter who they call themselves.)

Peace

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#475465 Sep 9, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Everything in Gods word..........EVERY WRITTEN WORD has to do with Gods plan of redemption. Even those words that many of you tend to think is unimportant such as the shortest verse in scripture of JESUS WEPT has to do with Gods plan of redemption. Most Christians are even clueless as to WHY JESUS WEPT. But it's important in Gods plan of salvation.
~~~

The focal point of the scriptures is ....JESUS

Exo 15:2 The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him.

Isa_9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.

Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Joh 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

1Ti 6:12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

NOTE
1Ti 6:13 I give thee charge in the sight of God, who quickeneth all things, and before Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession;

1Ti 6:14 That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:

1Ti 6:15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;

1Ti 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

JESUS IS THE ONLY STAR OF THE SCRIPTURES..

AND HIS PURPOSE IS

Luk_19:10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

ALL ELSE IS SUPPORTING ACTORS ON THE STAGE AND

STAGE PROPS...

THE OLD TESTAMENT POINTS TO HIS COMING TO EARTH...

THE NEW TESTAMENT WELCOMES HIM..

PRESENTS HIM TO THE WORLD,

AND REVEALS GOD'S PLAN OF SALVATION THROUGH HIM..

ALL ELSE IS SECONDARY, AND UNDER HIS FEET.

1Ti 1:14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

1Ti 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

1Ti 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

1Ti 1:17 Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#475466 Sep 9, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Now this is a strange question. What exactly do you mean by a "never dying soul". Elucidate please so that I can ensure that I'm understanding you correctly. Are you under the impression that certain souls never die?
~~~

simply put

THERE IS TWO DEATHS MENTIONED IN THE SCRIPTURES

ONE IS THE END OF MORTAL LIFE HERE ON THIS EARTH

THE OTHER (SECOND DEATH) IS ETERNAL SEPARATION FROM GOD..

NEITHER ONE IS ANNIHILATION OF THE SOUL..

THE SOUL OF A MAN IS ETERNAL..

WHETHER IN HEAVEN OR IN HELL...

Dan 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake,==>some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.<==

Dan 12:3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

QUESTION...

JUST HOW LONG IS FOREVER ANYWAY?

THIS IS GOD'S WORD...

YOU WANT TO ARGUE ...ARGUE WITH IT...
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#475467 Sep 9, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>

Catholicism has some beautiful rituals, but so do many other religions. Is it the one, true faith? I don't believe there's any such thing.
Over 2000 years of VERIFIABLE and TRUE Church History, proves that the Catholic Church (unquestionably and undeniably) IS the One TRUE Faith and the One TRUE Church that Jesus formed, established and initiated in Matthew 16:13-21. It is not the ONLY Church --but it IS the One TRUE Church,---- and----- it is the ONLY Church that teaches the FULLNESS of the FAITH and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH, with the OVERABUNDING COMPLETENESS of Gods Grace....... Bible Only Protestants can "burger flip" their own "personal opinions" ALL THEY WANT, but that doesn't "change the AUTHENTICATED TRUTH" of over 2000 years, of (investigative research) from the vast majority of highly accredited, reliable and intellectually astute Church Historians and Apologist authors and writers who have studied and researched Church History for 100's and 100's and thousands of years!!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#475468 Sep 9, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Truth is God inspired,but not all texts that are of religious content are inspired by the Creator.The truth that is interwoven in those texts of course are confirmations of God's Truth,but if you read through the whole text you will find that the contradictions to the real truth of God,or a twist of such is not from God.
We can respect the many writings of people who endeavored to prove God and His existance,and so on,but not all that they say is solid truth.We have to be aware of the Truth,and ponder it in our hearts and minds in order to be able to detect the non-truths we may find in any given text.
In your eyes, you need men to determine that truth. I disagree that men have the truth.

Where does "God" specifically state which texts are of "His inspiration" and which are not?

C'mon Pad, you are so sure certain texts didn't make the cut, so you must be pretty sure where "God" specified these details.

IMO - you are so wrapped up in man's decision, you chose to skip over this part of your studies.

Albuquerque, NM

#475469 Sep 9, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>How are you feeling these days you handsome Greek?
I remember Dudley Dooright the Mountie.Oh my gosh!
I am going to respond to Duat Storm and call it a night.Again your posts were so well thought out,and I amazed that the two regions of the Catholic and Orthodox have such a distinction in their concepts of the Eucharist.
I find it strange though how the Eastern Orthodox can use the word Transubstantiation at all since they believe that the bread and wine are spiritually transformed into the Body and blood of our Lord. That is a big difference! Anthony and Dust Storm challenged me often on just believing in the spiritual transformation of the bread and wine.The Orthodox seem to be passive on the matter in a way.
It makes much more sense to me with in the Spiritual realm of things to see that Consubstantiation would be the actual event of what happens to the bread and wine. Since when you realize the magnitude of the Body of Christ world-wide,the many adherents would receive Christ in the Spiritual Manna of His Body and Blood.That fits more with the whole matter of being Born-again as well,the rebirth is a spiritual conversion,so to memorialize Christ is to receive Him Spiritually using the bread and wine as the physical sumbols of the Last Supper,yet receiving Christ spiritually into our souls,spirits and minds,as we remember His death!
Uh-oh. I guess you don't physically eat of the flesh and drink of Jesus' blood", huh?

As I stated - of course you don't.

It is, like you imply - a mental rub.

Go ahead Pad, deny this too.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#475470 Sep 9, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Read this and pay close attention to the last sentence after you finish studying this appendix.
http://www.therain.org/appendixes/app14.html
If you're gonna try to study with me I'm gonna make you work like my pastor did us so that one can arrive at a better and more accurate understanding when studying Gods word.
There is more than one meaning for the word """man" "" as used in scripture. Now study this appendix above and when you have finished I'll go further with you. You willsee that MAN asused in Genesis 6 was referring to THE MAN ADAM, not just any man that exists.
YOU pay close attention. You said the flood was regional and not global. I asked you what region and received no answer. Please respond.

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Allow me to make one thing clear. Only ONE RACE came from Adam and Eve. All the other races here on earth were created separately and before Adam and Eve and did NOT come from them.
Really? Which race would that be?

You said, quote, "All the other races here on earth were created separately and before Adam and Eve and did NOT come from them." End quote.

Where did these "other races" come from and who created them separately and before Adam and Eve?

When will you answer the questions? My guess is never. You have allowed your alligator mouth to over step your parakeet rear end, AGAIN, and therefore you will not answer. Here are the questions:

1. You said the flood was regional and not global. I asked you what region and received no answer.

You said, quote, "All the other races here on earth were created separately and before Adam and Eve and did NOT come from them." End quote.

2. Where did these "other races" come from and who created them separately and before Adam and Eve?

When you are able to man up and answer, if ever, I will be here waiting.

Albuquerque, NM

#475471 Sep 9, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>You are a gnostic right? You believe in the Arian philosophies of gnosticism right? Spirit beings and so on,Jesus is a spirit being,not the Second Person of the Godhead right?
What is Jesus to you,not who,What?
You are off-topic. I went through all of this with June.

This forum is not about me or my beliefs.

FYI - when you can begin answering my questions to you with honesty and truthfulness, then I will begin answering your questions.

Do you have something that is on-topic?
truth

High Wycombe, Australia

#475472 Sep 9, 2013
aucustic policy will tell you they try poorly set up but did not know how..ha ha ha

now
1000 human years=one Jesus day
they sing one day jesus one day jesus one day jesus..
yee
they watching spy
but
if God exist
my God watching them..
Asked yourself they going weak up or not..you say confe from dust..after how many years 1000 years.

Its ok confe but nobody say anyone see anything.

poor conclusion..how many years they want set up for someone on visible way..

righteousness people know very well
how others try act in vain

Are you for sure God can't see anything?

yes God also watching them too
Who is good and very bad?

pray for accusers
bless them every day
bless more and more
truth

High Wycombe, Australia

#475473 Sep 9, 2013
you have printer for poor corupt diploma
they will give any documents
if if if you know something of them..yep

its very easy
abcdfghjklmnpqrstvwxyz
aeiou

Why jealous and lust can be very visible personality when you see person straight way?

Albuquerque, NM

#475474 Sep 9, 2013
-BobLoblah- wrote:
<quoted text>09Sep13.....Its most obvious that you will Never become a Roman Catholic.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
It's quite obvious that you are not one.

Albuquerque, NM

#475475 Sep 9, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "I say again..THE FLOOD OF NOAH HAPPENED BUT IT WAS NOT GLOBAL BUT MERELY REGIONAL." End quote.
If not global then what region? Do you have a clue?
One must go back to Science to understand the ramifications of any flood occurring.

a. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/11/...

b. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sea_deluge...

c. http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/evidence-sug...

""Where I live in Connecticut was ice a mile above my house, all the way back to the North Pole, about 15 million kilometers, that's a big ice cube," he said. "But then it started to melt. We're talking about the floods of our living history."

The water from the melting glaciers began to rush toward the world's oceans, Ballard said, causing floods all around the world.

"The questions is, was there a mother of all floods," Ballard said.

According to a controversial theory proposed by two Columbia University scientists, there really was one in the Black Sea region. They believe that the now-salty Black Sea was once an isolated freshwater lake surrounded by farmland, until it was flooded by an enormous wall of water from the rising Mediterranean Sea. The force of the water was two hundred times that of Niagara Falls, sweeping away everything in its path."
truth

High Wycombe, Australia

#475476 Sep 9, 2013
someone liked set up something

God know who how where when as well why?

My God is very lovely God.
My God don't need money.
On Cross there is a not Mercy.
On Cross is suffering.

others with lust and pride they can be very jealous..

i am good
others try make upside-down as they could defended error of them what they set up..

n

Albuquerque, NM

#475477 Sep 9, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
Many times I realize the enemy desires to sift my life. But I never will forget I told God that if He saved me I'd fight in his army till I die.
Those are some words to a song that I favor a lot. Did I tell you guys that I sing? Yessiree,I sure do.
Self.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#475478 Sep 9, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>How are you feeling these days you handsome Greek?
I remember Dudley Dooright the Mountie.Oh my gosh!
I am going to respond to Duat Storm and call it a night.Again your posts were so well thought out,and I amazed that the two regions of the Catholic and Orthodox have such a distinction in their concepts of the Eucharist.
I find it strange though how the Eastern Orthodox can use the word Transubstantiation at all since they believe that the bread and wine are spiritually transformed into the Body and blood of our Lord. That is a big difference! Anthony and Dust Storm challenged me often on just believing in the spiritual transformation of the bread and wine.The Orthodox seem to be passive on the matter in a way.
It makes much more sense to me with in the Spiritual realm of things to see that Consubstantiation would be the actual event of what happens to the bread and wine. Since when you realize the magnitude of the Body of Christ world-wide,the many adherents would receive Christ in the Spiritual Manna of His Body and Blood.That fits more with the whole matter of being Born-again as well,the rebirth is a spiritual conversion,so to memorialize Christ is to receive Him Spiritually using the bread and wine as the physical sumbols of the Last Supper,yet receiving Christ spiritually into our souls,spirits and minds,as we remember His death!
=====
My health is coming along. Drs said it would be slow. I am ok with this because I am alive and the condition is not terminal.Thank you for asking. I wanted to share with you that I had thoughts similar to yours re how the "spiritual component/realm" of consubstantiation and the experience of being born again compare.
I believe that the two fit well.I will make it clear that this last thought is my own perspective. Do not be concerned when others characterize the info I provide you as not "mainstream".I will gladly and specifically qualify when something is my position and when something is the Church's position.I have many sources to check before I share info and am gathering more.

Albuquerque, NM

#475479 Sep 9, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
The focal point of the scriptures is ....JESUS
Exo 15:2 The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him.
Isa_9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Joh 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
1Ti 6:12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.
NOTE
1Ti 6:13 I give thee charge in the sight of God, who quickeneth all things, and before Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession;
1Ti 6:14 That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:
1Ti 6:15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
1Ti 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.
JESUS IS THE ONLY STAR OF THE SCRIPTURES..
AND HIS PURPOSE IS
Luk_19:10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.
ALL ELSE IS SUPPORTING ACTORS ON THE STAGE AND
STAGE PROPS...
THE OLD TESTAMENT POINTS TO HIS COMING TO EARTH...
THE NEW TESTAMENT WELCOMES HIM..
PRESENTS HIM TO THE WORLD,
AND REVEALS GOD'S PLAN OF SALVATION THROUGH HIM..
ALL ELSE IS SECONDARY, AND UNDER HIS FEET.
1Ti 1:14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.
1Ti 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.
1Ti 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.
1Ti 1:17 Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.
It is odd....you will post this statement:

"The focal point of the scriptures is ....JESUS"

And then post the following:

Moses
Isahiah
Titus
John

Hmmmmm....where's Jesus?

Why do you continuously mislead others?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DeGeneres says her show is no place for anti-ga... 3 hr Gov Corbutt of th... 281
News Dr Zakir Naik invites Pope Benedict XVI for ope... (Oct '06) Jan 14 Serah 14,364
News 7 reasons why Friday the 13th is considered an ... Jan 14 True Christian wi... 3
News Women should breastfeed in church, Pope Francis... Jan 11 Jeremy 3
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory (Jul '15) Dec 30 Dogen 508
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Dec 20 Married in 10,385
News Preview: The Pope's Choir Dec 20 KenJr26 1
More from around the web