Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 554,361
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Pad

Rockford, IL

#475074 Sep 6, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it.
You have no clue or inclination to know what will happen to me. So stop being silly in thinking you do.
<quoted text>
I'm not Jewish, so this text doesn't apply to me.
BUT....if one is to take the meaning of this passage, one will find that it is exactly what Jesus stated in GoThomas - because once we examine ourselves for the faults we do have, only then can we address them and clear them from the chart of life.
<quoted text>
But yet you rebuke Jesus' teaching this.....hmmmm....
You are starting to contradict Jesus.
<quoted text>
There is no religion required, no religious affiliation required, or religious exclamation required, in order to achieve this.
<quoted text>
The only person who will deceive theirself is yourself. No other person can do this to another.
But in your eyes, one must make a choice [Self] and not do this in order to "come to Jesus" - which is also an action by the Self.
You are confused. That must be the reason why you keep referring to the actions thatyou will do, but rebuke them in the next statement.
Hmmm.....odd.
<quoted text>
Okay Pad....if this is what you believe.....let's break it down and try to understand what you are saying.
"that we are our own saviors"
- we have to correct our own faults in life - Jesus nor "God" will. Please post to the forum, support for your conclusion. Please list all the things that "God" specifically has done for you, and you alone, as it seems, because I'm not hearing anyone else claim that Jesus or "God" corrected "sin" without any personal action occurring.
"but that is not why Jesus came to this earth,He came to save that which was lost to sin,and He changes hearts."
- please post how Jesus 'changes hearts' WITHOUT posting an action by an individual or individuals. All I would like to see, is a specific action that has Jesus or "God" changing hearts without no interaction from humans.
"When we human beings believ we have more than what Jesus offers,we are just lying to ourselves."
- How? what does Jesus have that I don't?
<quoted text>
I never claimed to be Jesus or "God", so please stop implying that I did or am.
Although I will say that some folks have told me when I let my hair down, that I do resemble him in looks
<quoted text>
Jesus can't save anyone, only you can, if you abide by his suggestions to do so.
'not to awaken in us some god!"
Yes he did. You are just so befuddled by men, you can't see this action being taken.
Finally your last sentence reveals your doctrine. The god in us,new age rhetoric.There is only one GOD,The Father-Son-Holy Spirit.God is the title for the Godhead or Trinity.All the gods otherwise are fabrications of human imagination. Sin is our enemy from within,Satan is our Enemy from without,and Jesus Christ is the only ONE who can deal with both sin and the Devil.

What changes in our inner man,are thought patterns.Where once we had no faith,when Jesus comes into our lives,faith becomes a reality. If we have a mindset of satisfying a certain sin in our lives,that is radically dealt with by Jesus, so a person experiences the desire to stop doing that which is harmful to the soul.Before conversion,the person is not aware what is harmful to the soul,but after conversion,not only do they become aware,but they see a way to escape and become whole.

You keep saying it is our own actions.I beg to differ,what held me captive in sin,was changed over a period of time,when Jesus Himself through the Holy Spirit changed my focus,and my desires to be set free,and walk in Him,that is salvation,change,and nothing you can conjure up yourself.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#475075 Sep 6, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
My granddaughter is having a lot of Pain and I just told her that I would request prayer for her. as a new convert, she doesn't know how much Power that can be gained through prayer. so please pray for her if you believe in the Power of prayer to heal her.
...and yet you haven't stepped up to prove this ritual with me and my prayer experiment.

*sighs*

Why not? Are you afraid that the experiment will fail?
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#475076 Sep 6, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Before the world they are recognized as legit Roman Catholics..
just as your sodomizing priest...
your Church has no standard of Holiness..because you have invented your own carnal religion...
Unless you are born again as per Jesus require ..
your hearts are
regenerated..and you are not Christians..
You deny the words of Jesus...
when he said..
Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
You are not Christians... until you obey Jesus' commandments..
your conjecture just wont cut it...
Joh_14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
Joh_15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
Your "snake oil" anti-catholic heretical and judgemental preaching CONTINUES to reveal the same old lies and distortions of the TRUTH of Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church--- that you are "famous for"!! The "only other" hatefilled minister that I "ever experienced" (other than you) was in the "bible only" Protestant Church that I grew up in. He did not speak for God and "neither do you"!! I pray (each day), that God will bring you to the TRUTH of HIS TRUE Salvation in Jesus Christ and that HE will "loosen you" from the "shackles of bondag and hate" that you have corrupted your mind, heart and soul against your other brothers and sisters in Christ.(especially Catholics) AGAIN--I repeat---KayMarie is the ONLY TRUE CHRISTIAN in your family. Please give her my best wishes and prayers for a rapid recovery!!

Albuquerque, NM

#475077 Sep 6, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Father..
We ask you for healing of this precious child .
She has received your Grace and been baptized in Faith .
Please look down on this your daughter and allege her pain..
In Jesus name .
amen
I betcha you weren't praying for these kids - at all....

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/07/18/court-re...

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/archive/NAT...

http://www.nytimes.com/1983/12/27/nyregion/gi...
http://english.pravda.ru/news/society/02-03-2...
- they must've not been "Christian", huh?

What about these parents who prayed for their child to be healed?
http://www.medicaldaily.com/second-child-dead...
- I guess "God" was out busy listening to your prayers and calls, huh?

Maybe, you are just ignorant and too afraid to admit it.

*shrugs*

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#475078 Sep 6, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics for Choice are "dissident" Catholics, not "staunch" Catholics.
There's your facts.
Obviously there are pro abortion people everywhere ..even in religions .

The,sad fact is when they use their religious,affiliation to garner votes,..then affect the pro life position adversely ..as do PELOSI ..BIDEN and Kerry too.

Not saying the,Church approves,..in fact it has,spoken out against
it . But I'm curious,really ...since their actions are harmful to other CATHOlics who follow their example And advice that abortion
Is,a good thing ...why does the CHURCH not excommunicated them.
Their legislation US responsible for the death of human pre born children...And contribute to the SIN of their mothers,....

You excommunicated for sins THST only affect one person ..But nit those which affect the life and souks if your faithful and set an awful example for non believers ...And they are publicly unrepentant ...

I really am curious about this ..it is certainly the Churches call ..But it makes little sense ..

Albuquerque, NM

#475079 Sep 6, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
Marge, I just went in and got a Pepsi, and the Lord let me know that you have stepped over the line.
you lied about me, and by doing so, you have sinned against me and against God.
"touch not mine Anointed, and do my Prophets no harm".
On a Public forum , you have tried to make me out to be a liar, you had better Repent of this harm that you have tried to cause me.
some mens/womens go to the Judgement ahead of them,
and some follow.
where will you be?
"God" talked to you?

Did you record "Him"?

Did you videotape "Him"?

Or are we to just take your word that this occurred?

*sighs*

Why are you trying to mislead others with lies?

Albuquerque, NM

#475080 Sep 6, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
In the name of Jesus Christ, by the power of the Holy Spirit, we bind your grand daughters body, soul and spirit to the will and purposes of God for her life. We bind her mind and emotions to the will of God. We bind her mind to the mind of Christ that the very thoughts, feelings and purposes of the heart of Christ would be within her thoughts.
We bind her feet to the paths of righteousness that her steps would be steady and sure. We bind her to the work of the cross with all of its mercy, grace, love, forgiveness and dying to self.
We loose every old, wrong, ungodly pattern of thinking, attitude, idea, desire, belief, motivation, habit and behavior from her. We tear down, crush, smash and destroy every stronghold in her life that has been justifying and harboring hard feelings against anyone. We loose the strongholds of unforgiveness and distrust from her.
We loose the power and effects of deceptions and lies from her. We loose the confusion and blindness of the god of this world from her mind that has kept her from seeing the light of the gospel of Jesus Christ. We call forth every precious Word of Scripture that has ever entered her mind and heart that it would rise up in power within her.
In the name of Jesus, and by the power of the Holy Spirit, we loose the power and effects of any harsh or hard words and word curses spoken to, about or by her. We loose all effects and bondages from her that may have been caused by mistakes. Father, in the Name of Jesus, and by the power of the Holy Spirit, we crush, smash and destroy generational bondages of any kind made at any point between generations. We destroy them right here, right now!! They will no longer bind and curse members of her family.
We bind the strong man, Satan that we may spoil his house, taking back every material and spiritual possession he has wrongly taken from her. We loose the enemy's influence over every part of her body, soul and spirit. We loose, crush, smash and destroy every evil device he may try to bring into her sphere of influence. We bind and loose these things in Jesus Name. He has given us the keys and authority to do so. Thank you Lord for Your truth. Amen.
*chants*

O-O-O-H-M! O-O-O-H-M!

Really JG? I mean, really? Do you really think you have some sort of power?

Self. No religion required.

Albuquerque, NM

#475081 Sep 6, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a repentant way Marge.
I am not debating with you on this subject anymore.
No matter what I say or what scriptures I post,you still want to debate.
It's fruitless.
It is really late.
Have a good night.
I can see that you have concluded your search, as you seem dismayed. Keep reaching for the astonishment that will come:

(2) Jesus says:

(1) "The one who seeks should not cease seeking until he finds.
(2) And when he finds, he will be dismayed.
(3) And when he is dismayed, he will be astonished.
(4) And he will be king over the All."
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#475082 Sep 6, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>

And...as I showed you....your cult is a denomination...the largest in the country!!!!! Christ built not a denomination....
That is correct! Christ DID NOT build a denomination!-----But you "fundies DID, in 1520 beginning with Martin Luther at the Reformation.......... Jesus Christ built, formed, established and initiated ONE TRUE (UNIVERSAL APOSTOLIC CHURCH) over 2000 years ago (and it was Catholic)...... You BIBLE ONLY Protestants (over 450 years ago beginning at the Reformation) have now built over 42,000 (man-made--cults of inconsistent and contradicting PROTESTANT denominations that exist and thrive on confusion, chaos and conflict with each.

Albuquerque, NM

#475083 Sep 6, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
Those who leave or walk away from God were never saved in the first place. Got it!
LOL!!!!!!!!!!
how could any person "walk away from God", if they didn't belong to him in the first place?
your words are very ignorant, but no surprise since it is coming from you.
it is written, how can two walk together unless they agree.
so if they "walk away from God", at one time they had to agree with Him, this is just plain common sense.
BUT YOU WILL NEVER [GET IT]
"John" doesn't agree with you. You must be a heretic.

John 1:12-13

12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

Albuquerque, NM

#475084 Sep 6, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm calling all those liars that become wishy-washy with the Truth not just you Preston.
I believe Gif was the one who said I preach it's ok to sin last night, i'm grouping you's as one for now.
And God only gives His Sprirt to those who obey.
Are you including yourself?

Albuquerque, NM

#475085 Sep 6, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares if you don't!! Apologistic Authors and writers, including the overwhelming majority Church Historians, for over 2000 years debunk "AL" and "EVERYTHING" that your (narrow) anti-catholic mind chooses to believe----EVEN with the vast majority of your 42,000 other contradicting Protestants.
Citation please.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#475086 Sep 6, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The,sad fact is when they use their religious,affiliation to garner votes,..then affect the pro life position adversely ..as do PELOSI ..BIDEN and Kerry too.
it . But I'm curious,really ...since their actions are harmful to other CATHOlics who follow their example And advice that abortion
Their legislation US responsible for the death of human pre born children...And contribute to the SIN of their mothers,....
You excommunicated for sins THST only affect one person ..But nit those which affect the life and souks if your faithful and set an awful example for non believers ...And they are publicly unrepentant ...
I really am curious about this ..it is certainly the Churches call ..But it makes little sense ..
There is a prevalent belief that these politicians and others who profess to be Catholic yet actively enable abortion have excommunicated themselves to some degree.

A memorandum of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith on "Worthiness to Receive Holy Communion", signed by its Prefect Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger and published in July 2004, declared that, if a Catholic politician's formal cooperation in "the grave sin of abortion or euthanasia" becomes manifest by "consistently campaigning and voting for permissive abortion and euthanasia laws", the politician's pastor is obliged to instruct the politician about the Church's teaching and inform him that he should not present himself for Holy Communion as long as the objective situation of sin (regardless of whether subjective guilt exists or is absent) persists, warning him that, if he does present himself in those circumstances, he will be refused. As in the case of divorced and remarried Catholics, if these precautionary measures fail to obtain the desired effect or are impossible, "and the person in question, with obstinate persistence, still presents himself to receive the Holy Eucharist,'the minister of Holy Communion must refuse to distribute it'".[17]
Pad

Rockford, IL

#475087 Sep 6, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you wouldn't. You understand then the dilemma Catholics have with evangelicals who reject the Sacraments.
We do not reject the sacraments as much as we reject all the cloaks that are wrapped around the sacraments,the indulgences,and statues that are enshrined with them,the ritualism.That is what is rejected,it makes the sacraments look like a part of some pagan mysticism,rather than the supposed grace we are to receive from the THRONE of Grace.

Anthony all the pomp is what deters us from understanding the simplicity and the beauty of what God has for us in the spiritual manna,which may include physical elements as well.

I do not believe that viewing a Monstrance with a host in it was instituted by the Apostles,nor Jesus Himself,so whenever century that began,you will have to believe what you want.We are not bound to believe that the host in the Monstrance is the Blessed Sacrament that should be worshiped and adored!
Dan

Omaha, NE

#475088 Sep 6, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's Canon 915

Can. 915 Those who have been excommunicated or interdicted after the imposition or declaration of the penalty and others obstinately persevering in manifest grave sin are not to be admitted to holy communion.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#475089 Sep 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. One side can only truly be right.
I personally can't consider the Orthodox Church because they are too difficult to identify. Its not visible enough.
I know the Orthodox and Syrian Catholic Churches are all but fully united while they are being persecuted right now. From what I've heard, they are locked in arms against the Muslims in Syria. Perhaps this will be the beginning of something broader.
OK We'll modernize,get a Cable Network .,and consult with the Catholics about
a marketing campaign. I dont think your "confusion" is genuine, Clay. I have heard teenagers explain Orthodoxy thoroughly. If they get it you can get it.

Albuquerque, NM

#475090 Sep 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I challenge you to provide scripture where Christ says anything close to that. Not to mention which Books we are to go by.
I challenge you to post where "God" specifically states which texts are of "His" inspiration and which are not.

You'll be the first Catholic to answer, if you do.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#475091 Sep 6, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Jethro,where pray tell did you read that my Lord and Saviour killed someone?
I know you don't believe in God Almighty,but why can you not respect us that do?
Don't you know it hurts me to see someone say such things about my Lord?
I am literally crying while writing this post,that is how hurt I am.
I love the Lord with all my heart.
Though your not a believer you don't have to say such things.
Remeber Full of Love,that Jesus said He would forgive every thing that was said concerning Him,whether of course evil or good. He naturally does not have to forgive the good.But Jesus was scorned by the Pharisees,and they believed He was destroying the whole Law of Moses,and all that the Jews held dear,that could be brought to every level of human sin.

But we know the Jesus warned that those who accuse the Holy Spirit of Sin will not be forgiven. Jethro,has been preached to till his ears have been ringing,and he just continues on this course of straddling fences.He hopes deep down that Jesus never existed,because if he did,than there is no excuse to reject Him.

Don't waste tears on what these people say,only on their souls,which need conversion.

Albuquerque, NM

#475092 Sep 6, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>lol, there is no higher Office than that of the Apostle in Gods church.
False.

Jesus answered and said,“You will become the thirteenth, and you will be cursed by
the other generations—and you will come to rule over them. In the last days they will
curse your ascent [47] to the holy [generation].”

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/lostgospel/...

Looks like Judas will be above the other Apostles - per Jesus.

You do believe Jesus, right?
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>and satan is the ruler in the catholic church.
No he isn't. Please stop fantasizing.
Human Being

Iowa, LA

#475093 Sep 6, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
While I believe a,lot of our suffering here on earth is,due go our own Sin ...JESUS CHRIST paid for our sins..the only worthy payment ..
Compared to that three hail Mary's,is nothing ..except prayer..
Something that occurred to.me is this ...IF PRAYER IS TALKING TO THE
LOVE IN OUR LIFE ..JESUS...why would it be PENANCE TO PRAY.
WE SHOULD MAKE AMENDS for hurting others,...or we are not obeying HIS,
commandment to love our neighbor .....
our contrition should ALWAYS BE TRUE ..in that we,hurt our Lord by it .
Not just words,we say in a,confessional to a priest because we fear hell..then say some prayers,...And we are Done.
That's a Catholic thing...2 kinds of contrition ...unless that's something else that changed ???
RoSesz

There are two kinds of contrition, one out of fear or loss of heaven, and the other out of love for God(imperfect and perfect), and I do see what you are saying.

What concerns me is that each of us is an imperfect creature(though made new in Christ, assuming one is born again), and that each of us then becomes responsible for our own thoughts and actions. We become "little" kings and priests, in our own selves, and set up our own judgments and rules. One of these is our relationship with God.

For some, very lost along the way of Christ, they are in need of guidance(though they think all is fine in their "little" kingdom). And thus reliance on a face to face encounter with someone is necessary.

The Sacrament of Reconciliation offers this encounter. An attentive priest is able to discern where one is at in their spiritual life. Often a few poorly said, Hail Mary's, is all a priest can "get" out of a non-spiritual person(kind of the opposite of what you might think!). But the effort is made for restoration. And even a small one is worth the effort.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) 6 hr KidlatNgayon 65
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 12 hr Crazy 8,639
Obama a hugely impresseda with Pope Francis (Oct '13) Nov 19 truthseeker7 3
Pope Francis' visit to Palestinian refugee camp... (May '14) Nov 19 truthseeker7 2
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Nov 18 QUITTNER Nov19 2014 26
Philippines prepares for pope with messages on ... Nov 17 ELIAS IBARRA 8
Pope's visit promises unpleasant surprise to Tu... Nov 17 Rockstar 3

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE