Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 679315 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#475338 Sep 7, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I wish your Pope would heal and reconcile with threat of excommunication ..all legislators,..who further ABORTION. Publicly as they still call themselves,Catholic ...
They prance around touting their faith ..And that ABORTION is right .
How many women and voters,HAVE they influenced and enabled .
Much worse than some poor guy getting remarried who does,not want an annulment of a marriage ...IMO
He has. These Catholic-in-name-only politicians are uniquely an American phenomenon. They call themselves Catholic but give the Church the middle finger. Most faithful Catholics don't consider them Catholics, and neither should you.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#475339 Sep 7, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I wish your Pope would heal and reconcile with threat of excommunication ..all legislators,..who further ABORTION. Publicly as they still call themselves,Catholic ...
They prance around touting their faith ..And that ABORTION is right .
How many women and voters,HAVE they influenced and enabled .
Much worse than some poor guy getting remarried who does,not want an annulment of a marriage ...IMO
Allow me to add a a little information here. The pope does not routinely issue excommunications from Rome, it doesn't work that way as Dan explained, it's the bishop's responsibility to counsel them, and for the most part they do. Pelosi was firmly instructed by Pope Benedict when she met with him awhile back, she ignored him obviously. The bigger concern we have as faithful Catholics is with bishops who aren't as firm with these folks as they should be. But I don't think we want to have Church police standing at the entrances or Eucharist police standing next to the priest in front of the Church. You'll also notice these politicians for the most part are on the East and West coasts in urban areas where the laity and bishops tend to be quite a bit more liberal (that's another topic).

In my opinion, Pelosi and Biden are decorating their special places in hell.
Star

Whittier, CA

#475340 Sep 7, 2013
Prayer and fasting for peace today. http://visnews-en.blogspot.com/2013/09/franci... .
finalprophecies

AOL

#475341 Sep 7, 2013

ANTICHRIST ...on world stage --

OldJG

Rockford, IL

#475342 Sep 7, 2013
What about the eucharist the Roman Catholic church squeals about? Is Jesus a cracker? Is Jesus blood really wine?

First of all, it is necessary to refute any false teaching by weighing them against what the Bible has to say. Jesus’ position is presently “seated at the right hand of the Father” in heaven, according to Colossians 3:1. No priest, pastor, or anyone else has the power to call the King of Kings down from His lofty position, particularly to enter into a piece of bread which will then be eaten. This is not what Jesus meant when He stated that He was “the bread of life,” as written in John 6:51:“I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world." He did not mean that we literally eat His flesh, as Catholic dogma teaches. Rather, Jesus is referring to spiritual life which is available only in Him. We no more eat His literal flesh than we literally eat the Word of God. When Jesus said to Satan,“It is written:'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God'" (Matthew 4:4), He was obviously referring to spiritual life depending on the spiritual food that is the Word of God, just as physical life depends on physical food.

Likewise, no one has the authority to turn wine into blood, another teaching of the Roman Catholic Church that is NOT found in Scripture, although, again, they attempt to apply the words of Mark 14:24 to support theirs belief:“‘This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many,’ he said to them.” Using common sense, what possible spiritual gain could there be from the physical eating of the person of Jesus Christ? He is Lord; He is God of all creation, why on earth would He agree to become a wafer, or a piece of unleavened bread? Besides this, when He was resurrected, He was in His glorified body. How can a glorified/eternal/undying body become a piece of bread? What Jesus was saying is that without Him, it is impossible to sustain life in an eternal sense, because without Jesus, a person is lost and they are faceing not life, but spiritual death, which means that their eternity will be spent away from the presence of God, in hell.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#475343 Sep 7, 2013
OldJG wrote:
What about the eucharist the Roman Catholic church squeals about? Is Jesus a cracker? Is Jesus blood really wine?
First of all, it is necessary to refute any false teaching by weighing them against what the Bible has to say. Jesus’ position is presently “seated at the right hand of the Father” in heaven, according to Colossians 3:1. No priest, pastor, or anyone else has the power to call the King of Kings down from His lofty position, particularly to enter into a piece of bread which will then be eaten. This is not what Jesus meant when He stated that He was “the bread of life,” as written in John 6:51:“I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world." He did not mean that we literally eat His flesh, as Catholic dogma teaches. Rather, Jesus is referring to spiritual life which is available only in Him. We no more eat His literal flesh than we literally eat the Word of God. When Jesus said to Satan,“It is written:'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God'" (Matthew 4:4), He was obviously referring to spiritual life depending on the spiritual food that is the Word of God, just as physical life depends on physical food.
Likewise, no one has the authority to turn wine into blood, another teaching of the Roman Catholic Church that is NOT found in Scripture, although, again, they attempt to apply the words of Mark 14:24 to support theirs belief:“‘This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many,’ he said to them.” Using common sense, what possible spiritual gain could there be from the physical eating of the person of Jesus Christ? He is Lord; He is God of all creation, why on earth would He agree to become a wafer, or a piece of unleavened bread? Besides this, when He was resurrected, He was in His glorified body. How can a glorified/eternal/undying body become a piece of bread? What Jesus was saying is that without Him, it is impossible to sustain life in an eternal sense, because without Jesus, a person is lost and they are faceing not life, but spiritual death, which means that their eternity will be spent away from the presence of God, in hell.
Common sense...the carnal sort... says no.

Faith...the Spiritual sort... says yes.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#475344 Sep 7, 2013
OldJG wrote:
"First of all, it is necessary to refute any false teaching by weighing them against what the Bible has to say."

Jesus says...in the bible....that it's His Body and Blood.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#475345 Sep 7, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
He has. These Catholic-in-name-only politicians are uniquely an American phenomenon. They call themselves Catholic but give the Church the middle finger. Most faithful Catholics don't consider them Catholics, and neither should you.
I know,about CINU..so the Pope,did actually excommunicate them.?? I thought he couldn't ..both Biden and Pelosi attended his first Mass
Wondering if they took communion

Europe is much more liberal than we are,..well not much actually .

Belgium is very liberal..yet they celebrate all the Marian holidays.
I don't think it's just US pols that are Catboiluc and liberal ..

Had a friend there,..they hardly seemed to work at all in May ..And,DEC
8. I think it was..they were off school and work

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#475346 Sep 7, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup they did ..
http://www.lifenews.com/2013/03/20/pro-aborti...
Star

Whittier, CA

#475347 Sep 7, 2013
Pope Framcis and a cry for peace. http://www.catholicpulse.com/cp/en/columnists...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#475348 Sep 7, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Allow me to add a a little information here. The pope does not routinely issue excommunications from Rome, it doesn't work that way as Dan explained, it's the bishop's responsibility to counsel them, and for the most part they do. Pelosi was firmly instructed by Pope Benedict when she met with him awhile back, she ignored him obviously. The bigger concern we have as faithful Catholics is with bishops who aren't as firm with these folks as they should be. But I don't think we want to have Church police standing at the entrances or Eucharist police standing next to the priest in front of the Church. You'll also notice these politicians for the most part are on the East and West coasts in urban areas where the laity and bishops tend to be quite a bit more liberal (that's another topic).
In my opinion, Pelosi and Biden are decorating their special places in hell.
On that we agree ...by their votes over the year they enable more expansion on abortion ..more women and babies to be victims ..

I know it's the bishops usually ..But the POPES,Have excommunicated in the past and these 2 go to Vaticam Mass,and receive Communion..oh well

Maybe they said an act of true contrition ...or went to confession..

I'm saying they are HORRID examples for others ...And women listen to them ..it's,sad

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#475349 Sep 7, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
And here's,how the Belgians,handled it..the Church was right ..THRY found s way around it ..very interesting ..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion_in_Belg...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#475350 Sep 7, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
pamphlet rebuttal continued :
13. You say the Catholic Church began using Holy Water in 850 AD.
But it actually was always in use by Christians in one form or another. Psalm 28:3 "The voice of the Lord is upon the waters; The God of majesty has thundered; the Lord is upon many waters.
Numbers 5:17 "And he shall take holy water in an earthen vessel, and he shall cast a little earth of the pavement of the tabernacle into it"
Jews took the plant, hyssop and dipped it in water and sprinkled worshipers as they entered the temple. Psalm 50 "thou shall sprinkle me Lord with hyssop and i shall be cleansed"
fisheaters.com/water.html
14. Veneration of Saint Joseph began when the founder of our Church, Jesus Christ honored his earthly mother and father. Christ was the first to venerate Joseph, not us.
15. Baptism of bells? There is no baptism of bells. Its a blessing being administered, not a sacrament. The phrase "Baptism of bells" is just a figure of speech - not used by the Church, but by her critics.
16. Canonization of dead saint in 995 AD you say..
First of all, saints are not dead, they are more alive today than ever as they are in the presence of God. St. Clement,(pope in 90 AD) appointed seven notaries to document the "Acts of the Martyrs". Many were dying for the faith during that period and Clement wanted documentation of it. On the anniversaries of the Martyrs death, their heroic acts were read allowed in Churches throughout.
ewtn.com/library/mary/canonize.htm
17. Fasting on Fridays and Lent. Im not sure why you'd have a problem with this? But i gotta take in my morning Mass at the Cathedral.
I will continue responding to your cult pamphlet later in the hopes that you'll recognize the severity of lying like that. You'll never be a Catholic, but for goodness sakes, you could at least stop bearing false witness against us.
Any way you want to slice it, dice it, vulcanize it, pasteurize it, Mary a virgin evermore is not...per Scripture...

Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:

Its not a matter of "when" she lost it...its a matter of "she lost it!!!!!!"

Location hidden

#475351 Sep 7, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
It is YOU Ox, who rebelliously, defiantly, and vindictively "CHOOSES" to remain on the (outside of the TRUTH)---always looking in at the historical and biblical TRUTH of Jesus Christ and HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church........ The Prodigal son did (exactly)the same thing in Luke 15:11, that is---until---HE EVENTUALLY----CAME TO HIS SENSES!!!!!
There are no books, bar none, that define the word "church", as used in the Bible, as the Roman Catholic Church.

The Catholic denomination is the largest in the USA...Clearly, the Bible teaches Jesus did not build any denomination/s.

Location hidden

#475352 Sep 7, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
It is YOU Ox, who rebelliously, defiantly, and vindictively "CHOOSES" to remain on the (outside of the TRUTH)---always looking in at the historical and biblical TRUTH of Jesus Christ and HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church........ The Prodigal son did (exactly)the same thing in Luke 15:11, that is---until---HE EVENTUALLY----CAME TO HIS SENSES!!!!!
I love it!!!!! Congratulations!!!!! You have just called your pope a bald-face liar!!!!

The NABre poop appoved Catlick bible: Church: this word (Greek ekklsia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesus’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

Don't say nuttin' bout no Catholic church..
Pad

Rockford, IL

#475353 Sep 7, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings RoSesz
Peace to you.
I am not going to fight about the scriptures. I leave that to the religious zealots....
I had to go back to the Greek text, and find out that what we divide into verses, that is Acts 1:12,13,and 14, is actually a single sentence, and not divided.
Regrettably, the artificial use of Chapters and verses can often misrepresent the meanings out of context.
As for the other items you mention concerning Mary and "her" children. I was raised, believing the orthodox Protestant version, probably much as you think now. When I was becoming Catholic, I investigated further, and found how badly I assumed what I had been led to believe was correct.
I did so by much study, pro and con, and found that the case for the RCC does hold water.
I was troubled about it for awhile, but came to peace concerning the issue.
I hope the same for you.
Peace
Robert F
Not that too many prots may have gone to EWTN to view the Pope's prayer vigil for Peace in Syria,and the world.But He and his Cardinals were not sensitive to the fact that non-Catholics might be turned off to the recitation of the Rosary.There was a huge icon of the Madonna,and the Pope preceded to lead the whole audience into hearing and reciting prayers to Mary,and Salve Regina was sung.The Catholic view must be that when you pray for peace,you should pray only to Mary,as she is the mediator between man and Jesus?

Robert you may be convinced that Roman Catholicism is the true Church,but I can tell you that even if the RCC started a week after the Apostles were sent out,that would have been a controversy from day one.Here are a couple of statements by two leading Jewish figures from Spain in the 1100s.Continued:
Pad

Rockford, IL

#475354 Sep 7, 2013
To Robert F. two renouned Jews who lived in Spain in the 1100s,a poet and a Rabbi who was also a philosopher.

The source is "History of the Jews i Christian Spain."By Yitzhak Baer. SEIR is a word the Jews used for Catholics(Christians).

Here is a poem by JUDAH HALEVI 1108 after many Jews were killed including his nephew.

"Where shall the small lock and the diasora in Spain seek refuge,when you are no more?(those Jews and nephew Solomon murdered)
Who will carry the lambs at his bosom and who will unshackle the fetters of the imprisoned?
May dew never fall upon you, fields of Seir(Catholics)!
May God send a down pour of wrath, upon the daughter of Edom(Catholics)!(also Spain region in prophecy)
May He visit upon her, in retribution,bereavement and widowhood;
May He strike down her population along with her idolatrous IMAGES!"

In 1129 A Rabbi who was a leading patriarch of Spanish Jewry and a philospher/Scientist said this about the Catholics in Palestine.Pages 66-67.

"They defiled the Temple site, established upon it a house of thier worship,set up therein the sculptured IMAGES of their folly, abolished the daily sacrifice in that they prevented the Jews from offering prayer on the Temple site......
"For since the day they gained control over the Sanctuary, they have forbidden Jews to set foot therein, and not a single Jew is to be found in Jerusalem today."

Talk about political clout the Roman Church exercised back in the 1100s,and throughout their history.There are whole libraries of the persections,and abuse of the Jewish peoples,also Moslems and non-Catholic Christians by the RCs and Orthodox.If the books were not written by Protestants,they were written by Jews who knew those times existed by the records they kept which were well detailed.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#475355 Sep 7, 2013
Star wrote:
Prayer and fasting for peace today. http://visnews-en.blogspot.com/2013/09/franci... .
WHILE I BELIEVE IN FASTING...

I BELIEVE IN BIBLICAL FASTING,

Isa 58:2 Yet they seek me daily, and delight to know my ways, as a nation that did righteousness, and forsook not the ordinance of their God: they ask of me the ordinances of justice; they take delight in approaching to God.

Isa 58:3 Wherefore have we fasted, say they, and thou seest not? wherefore have we afflicted our soul, and thou takest no knowledge? Behold, in the day of your fast ye find pleasure, and exact all your labours.

Isa 58:4 Behold, ye fast for strife and debate, and to smite with the fist of wickedness:

ye shall not fast as ye do this day, to make your voice to be heard on high.

Isa 58:5 Is it such a fast that I have chosen?

a day for a man to afflict his soul?

is it to bow down his head as a bulrush, and

to spread sackcloth and ashes under him?

wilt thou call this a fast, and an acceptable day to the LORD?

Isa 58:6 Is not this the fast that I have chosen?

to loose the bands of wickedness,

to undo the heavy burdens, and

to let the oppressed go free, and

that ye break every yoke?

Isa 58:7 Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and

that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house?

when thou seest the naked,

that thou cover him; and

that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?

Isa 58:8 Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy rereward.

Isa 58:9 Then shalt thou call, and

the LORD shall answer;

thou shalt cry, and

he shall say, Here I am.

If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke,

the putting forth of the finger, and

speaking vanity;

Isa 58:10 And if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and

satisfy the afflicted soul;

then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and

thy darkness be as the noonday:

Isa 58:11 And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and

satisfy thy soul in drought, and

make fat thy bones: and

thou shalt be like a watered...

ACCORDING TO THE ABOVE SCRIPTURE...YOUR POINTING OF THE FINGER AGAINST THOSE THAT

ARE NOT

A PART OF YOUR RELIGIOUS SYSTEM,...

IS SO MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING...

YOU BANNER HERE IS...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican
The Vatican issued a document Tuesday restating its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ..

Your religious headquarters hoards untold wealth...while millions die of starvation daily...
Pad

Rockford, IL

#475356 Sep 7, 2013
I forgot to put the name of that Rabbi who commented about the Jews in Palestine,his name was Abraham bar Hiyya.

Northern Spain strongly held by the Christians over a period of 4 centuries imprisoned,enslaved,and than the opposite used the Jews to farm lands,only to latter confiscate and seize their assets.The Jews were always being moved from place to place,their vagabond existence only took root in the agricultural places,where they built a kibbutz type way of lice,for their communities.But the Christian Knights and religious leaders always waited for the Jews to gain substance,and they uprooted them,caused many to be expelled,and took their lands and so on.

However the Kings of Spain found use in the Jews,for they were great doctors(physicians,scientists and moneylenders).

But the Jews of the South during the times of Christian domination found the same abuse,until the ALMORAVIDES(ARAB and Persian) leaders invaded.At first the Jews along wiht the Christians suffered death and peril,but after a time,the Moslems actually treated the Jews better than the Christians treated them.

Nevertheless Moslems used the Jews for their agendas which undermined the Christians,and the Christians later when finally gaining much power in the South,used the Jews in dealing with the Moslem populations,that were steeped in Arabic and eastern languages. The Jews were skilled in Arabic culture and language as well as their own.

King Alfonso the 6th followed however his ancestors in not destroying the Jews,but he could not stop the religious leaders and the Knights from making life unbearable in regions,the kings could not defend.King Alfonso the 6th in the mid 1100s saved many Jews and kept many of them close to him in the capitals,and near the palaces.

When expulsions were dealt amongst Jews,many fled back and forth from North to South,but than again many went to the Middle East,trying to settle near the Holy Land,but many from Spain went to Iraq. MOSES MAIMONIDES,fled after going to Northern Spain first,to Iraq,where he became the Physician of a Caliphate there.

King Alphonso the 7th,in spite of the religious objections of those around him,made a haven for the Jews who escaped from the Almohades that became tyrants after a period of time in Southern Spain.Jews were not at home it seemed anywhere in Spain.Only by the mercy of some did they seem to survive.But the Catholic Church always stroked the fires of dissent against the Jews.

Near the 1200s the RC leadership under the Bishops demanded that the Jews were gaining too much,and that the Knights of individual realms begin campaigns to confiscate from the Jews,their lands and possessions.The Knights employed well known French Knights who were skilled in anti-Jewish fervor and slaughter.Pope Alexander of that time period after the news reached him of much senseless slaughter,intervened and put a stop to it.Jews were forced to move from city to city,many left the country,and went again to the Middle East.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#475357 Sep 7, 2013
Hi all I'm a bit late. Kids called ..

I hope others will join me in prayer tonite

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 6 hr Mr Sir 10,547
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 9 hr superwilly 84,712
News Why Melania Trump covers her head one day and n... 13 hr Eric 9
News Why did Melania Trump wear a head covering at t... Sat nanoanomaly 1
News What is up with that strange photo of President... Sat Chilli J 14
News Pope's Egypt visit offers chance to improve Cat... May 26 BB Board 1
News How the war-of-words between Trump and Pope Fra... May 23 WhollyConcrete 8
More from around the web