Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650381 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Perth, Australia

#475290 Sep 7, 2013
You still not believe fast my lovely friend and pray..game is not yet over..
your mother still dreaming funfunfafaroneneurone..

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#475291 Sep 7, 2013
Marylou wrote:
<quoted text>
And your version of "Christianity" is better because?.....
You nastily accuse him of being nasty and that should make us think you are somehow better?
When will someone show a real charitable spirit on this thread? It sure isn't the other so-called "Christians" that are pretending they are better than the Catholics and engaing in infantile name-calling.
Bunch of haters. Thats all you people are.
And then after all that, here comes Marylou to become the "master accuser" of accusers.
How ironic!
I thought that was your satan's job.
Are you trying to usurp his deity?
truth

Perth, Australia

#475292 Sep 7, 2013
remember
sun shine sun spirit and water provide cakarone makarone food..lots of nice eggs with nice wheat
pure flour minustruunione..o yes carrot and spinach is good too..

by

Location hidden

#475293 Sep 7, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
So, then, if Jesus' miracles (and those of His disciples) were acts of regeneration, so is His Sacrament of Baptism. Indeed, it cannot be otherwise, UNLESS
(a) One wishes to say that Jesus possessed no personal power to heal or perform miracles, but that these miracles were merely "psychosomatic" responses from those who believed in Him, OR...
(b) Despite Mark 2:1-12, etc., Jesus' healing miracles had no connection to the forgiveness of sins (and, thus, Jesus made people physically whole while leaving them spiritually alienated from the Father -- a ridiculous proposition).
Yet, if one takes either of these positions, one must also be willing to ignore the Scriptures (viz. Mark 2:1-12 & Mark 5:30).
As for the orthodox Christian understanding of Baptism (that of Baptismal regeneration), we recognize that Christ still touches people through the ministry of His Church. In this, we recognize that two things are necessary for salvation:
(1) Christ's free offer of salvation, and ...
(2) Our willing acceptance of this free offer of salvation.
If this were not the case (i.e. if #2 above was not necessary), then everyone who ever existed would have been automatically saved when Jesus died on the Cross (1 Tim 2:4). And it is in the realm of #2 which our faith comes in.
Yet,#1 is also an intimate reality for those of us who understand the Traditional doctrine of Baptismal regeneration. In this, Christ does not merely offer us salvation through a promise made 2000 years ago. Rather, He offers it to us in personal intimacy through the Sacrament of His Church. And, through this Sacrament, He touches us directly, just as He directly touched the paralytic and the woman with the hemorrhage. And, thus, in Baptism, we have
(1) Christ's healing power, through the ministry of His Body (the Church), touching us and making us whole, and ...
(2) Our faith in Christ moving us to accept this healing power.
And this is how Christ takes us unto Himself.
So, according to the Scriptures, Baptism is regenerational, sacramental, and intrinsic to one's acceptance of Christ. For, as the Lord says, it cannot be otherwise:
"Amen, amen, I say to you, no one can enter the Kingdom of God without being born of water and the Spirit." -- John 3:5
http://www.philvaz.com/apologetics/a25.htm
Why does John have to invoke the Egyptian god Amen to convey his message...unless Amen is the "real" god.

Location hidden

#475294 Sep 7, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
St. Paul didn't include chapter and verse when he wrote this.
Paul was no "saint".
He spoke contrary to the words of Jesus...in an effort to usurp his position in the church...and you know it.
The "story" of Paul is nothing more than a well elaborated version of the travels of Josephus, who was a traitor to the Jews, and a Roman accomplice in obfuscation of Jesus teachings through the pen of spurrious rewritings of history by less than honest scribes instructed by cathaholic bishops of the same caliber.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#475295 Sep 7, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul was no "saint".
He spoke contrary to the words of Jesus...in an effort to usurp his position in the church...and you know it.
The "story" of Paul is nothing more than a well elaborated version of the travels of Josephus, who was a traitor to the Jews, and a Roman accomplice in obfuscation of Jesus teachings through the pen of spurrious rewritings of history by less than honest scribes instructed by cathaholic bishops of the same caliber.
well I do declare suh.

I am reserved about some of Paul's statements myself that in all honesty does seem to contradict some of Christ's teachings.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#475296 Sep 7, 2013
And now that I made the above statement about Paul,all churchdom on this forum is gonna preach hellfire and damnation for my soul,LOL,LOL.

Location hidden

#475297 Sep 7, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>well I do declare suh.
I am reserved about some of Paul's statements myself that in all honesty does seem to contradict some of Christ's teachings.
Well, thank you for being honest Tony. I was expecting a heavy backlash from ignorant heavily indoctrinated clones of paulism.

Location hidden

#475298 Sep 7, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
And now that I made the above statement about Paul,all churchdom on this forum is gonna preach hellfire and damnation for my soul,LOL,LOL.
You had better believe it.
You are a rare breed, who has actually done some research with an "open" mind. I commend you for that.
You sorta shocked me.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#475300 Sep 7, 2013
OldJG wrote:
The Roman Catholics did these things and called them Biblical......
1. Prayers for the dead 300 A.D.
2. Sign of the Cross 310 A.D.
3. Wax votive candles 320 A.D.
4. Veneration of saints and angels 375 A.D.
5. Mary declared "Mother of God" 431 A.D.
6. Priests begin to wear vestments 500 A.D.
7. Worship in Latin 600 A.D.
8. Temporal Papacy power granted by Phocas 610 A.D.
9. Feast days in honour of Mary 650 A.D.
10. Kissing of the Pope's feet 709 A.D.
11. Temporal power of Papacy confirmed 750 A.D.
12. Adoration of Mary, saints, images and relics
legalised by 2nd Council of Nicea 788 A.D.
13. Holy water 850 A.D.
14. Veneration of St. Joseph 890 A.D.
15. Baptism of bells 965 A.D.
16. Canonization of dead saints 995 A.D.
17. Fasting on Fridays and Lent 998 A.D.
18. Rosary beads 1090 A.D.
19. Pope Boniface VII decrees celibacy of priests 1097 A.D.
20. Inquisition of heretics 1184 A.D.
21. Sale of Indulgences 1190 A.D.
22. Transubstantiation of the wafer 1215 A.D.
23. Confession to a priest 1215 A.D.
24. Adoration of the host (Wafer God) 1220 A.D.
25. Bible forbidden and placed on index of forbidden books --by Council of Valencia 1229 A.D.
26. Red hats for Cardinals 1245 A.D.
27. Feast of Corpus Christi 1264 A.D.
28. The Miraculous scapular 1287 A.D.
29. Roman church as the only true church 1303 A.D.
30. Cup forbidden to laity at Communion 1415 A.D.
31. Purgatory decreed by Council of Florence 1439 A.D.
32. Doctrine of the seven sacraments 1439 A.D.
33. Tradition of equal authority to the Bible 1545 A.D.
34. Justification by works and not faith alone 1545 A.D.
35. Creed of Pope Plus IV makes all the unscriptural doctrines of Council of Trent binding 1560 A.D.
36. Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary 1854 A.D.
37. Papal infallibility 1870 A.D.
38. Papal decree on mixed marriages -- all marriages not celebrated by a Roman priest declared null and void 1908 A.D.
39. Pope reaffirms Mary as Mother of God 1931 A.D.
40. Assumption of the Virgin Mary 1950 A.D.
pamphlet rebuttal continued :

13. You say the Catholic Church began using Holy Water in 850 AD.
But it actually was always in use by Christians in one form or another. Psalm 28:3 "The voice of the Lord is upon the waters; The God of majesty has thundered; the Lord is upon many waters.
Numbers 5:17 "And he shall take holy water in an earthen vessel, and he shall cast a little earth of the pavement of the tabernacle into it"
Jews took the plant, hyssop and dipped it in water and sprinkled worshipers as they entered the temple. Psalm 50 "thou shall sprinkle me Lord with hyssop and i shall be cleansed"
fisheaters.com/water.html

14. Veneration of Saint Joseph began when the founder of our Church, Jesus Christ honored his earthly mother and father. Christ was the first to venerate Joseph, not us.

15. Baptism of bells? There is no baptism of bells. Its a blessing being administered, not a sacrament. The phrase "Baptism of bells" is just a figure of speech - not used by the Church, but by her critics.
16. Canonization of dead saint in 995 AD you say..
First of all, saints are not dead, they are more alive today than ever as they are in the presence of God. St. Clement,(pope in 90 AD) appointed seven notaries to document the "Acts of the Martyrs". Many were dying for the faith during that period and Clement wanted documentation of it. On the anniversaries of the Martyrs death, their heroic acts were read allowed in Churches throughout.
ewtn.com/library/mary/canonize.htm

17. Fasting on Fridays and Lent. Im not sure why you'd have a problem with this? But i gotta take in my morning Mass at the Cathedral.
I will continue responding to your cult pamphlet later in the hopes that you'll recognize the severity of lying like that. You'll never be a Catholic, but for goodness sakes, you could at least stop bearing false witness against us.
finalprophecies

AOL

#475301 Sep 7, 2013

ANTICHRIST ...on world stage --

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#475302 Sep 7, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Aww Pookie. I sense that I have made you angry with me. I'll give you an example of how scripture interprets itself.In Genesis where we are told that Ham saw or uncovered his father Noah's nakedness,what does uncovering your fathers nakedness mean? It is interpreted in the scriptures and most people including the Catholics are clueless as to what uncovering your fathers nakedness means? They think it means to see your father naked.
Question

What does your subject have to do with God's plan of redemption?

When does such a subject work to convict a never dying soul?

When does knowing what you are posting here, ever influence any one to

come to Jesus?...

#475303 Sep 7, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
If Jesus died, how is it that he still lives and is coming nacl.
If that is the case, he never died, and there was only a token sacrifice, if any at all.
Why is that so difficult to understand?
Is your reasoning ability impaired or something?
Jesus rose again from the grave on the third day...

(THIS IS WHAT SETS HIM APART FROM ALL OTHERS THAT HAVE CLAIMED

TO BE GOD)

THIS IS THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST...

Co 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1Co 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1Co 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

1Co 15:5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:

1Co 15:6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.

1Co 15:7 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.

#475304 Sep 7, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus rose again from the grave on the third day...
(THIS IS WHAT SETS HIM APART FROM ALL OTHERS THAT HAVE CLAIMED
TO BE GOD)
THIS IS THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST...
Co 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
1Co 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
1Co 15:5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:
1Co 15:6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.
1Co 15:7 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.
~~~

==>THIS IS WAY THAT WE APPROPRIATE SALVATION...

Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

===>Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,

and

shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. <===

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness;

and

with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith,

Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

NATIONALITY DOES NOT MATTER

Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

IT IS FOR ALL HUMAN BEINGS....

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

~~~~~~

NOTE ...IT DOES NOT SAY YOU HAVE TO BELONG TO ANY CERTAIN

DENOMINATION ...

RELIGIOUS CULT

NOR SECT.

THE ABOVE VERSES ARE WRITTEN TO SINNERS...

THE REST OF THE NEW TESTAMENT

IS MOSTLY WRITTEN/INSTRUCTIONS TO BELIEVERS/THOSE THAT ARE ALREADY CHRISTIANS.
Human Being

Oberlin, LA

#475305 Sep 7, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well because the whole subject of Mary CaN become a big stumbling block for US
I read
Search
Acts 1:13-14
New International Reader's Version (NIRV) New International Version (NIV)
13 When they arrived, they went upstairs to the room where they were staying. Peter, John, James and Andrew were there. Philip, Thomas, Bartholomew and Matthew were there too. So were James, son of Alphaeus, Simon the Zealot, and Judas, son of James. 13 When they arrived, they went upstairs to the room where they were staying. Those present were Peter, John, James and Andrew; Philip and Thomas, Bartholomew and Matthew; James son of Alphaeus and Simon the Zealot, and Judas son of James.
14 They all came together regularly to pray. The women joined them too. So did Jesus' mother Mary and his brothers. 14 They all joined together constantly in prayer, along with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brothers.
Naming the,disciples ..the women and Mary ...AND JESUS BROTHERS .
It's very clear THa t brothers,dies,nit mean disciples as it names,them.
I honestly think whether or not Mary had other children is a foolish thing to argue on and her being a wife to Joseph WOUKD not take away anything from her being the Woman who crushed Satan's head
..And why the,RCC thinks,so when James of Jerusalem is,the brother of Jesus..I have no idea.
None of it has to do with SALVATION..nor the state of my soul .
So you a 'll can fight about it...I m not ..
Peace
Greetings RoSesz

Peace to you.

I am not going to fight about the scriptures. I leave that to the religious zealots....

I had to go back to the Greek text, and find out that what we divide into verses, that is Acts 1:12,13,and 14, is actually a single sentence, and not divided.

Regrettably, the artificial use of Chapters and verses can often misrepresent the meanings out of context.

As for the other items you mention concerning Mary and "her" children. I was raised, believing the orthodox Protestant version, probably much as you think now. When I was becoming Catholic, I investigated further, and found how badly I assumed what I had been led to believe was correct.

I did so by much study, pro and con, and found that the case for the RCC does hold water.

I was troubled about it for awhile, but came to peace concerning the issue.

I hope the same for you.

Peace

Robert F
Human Being

Oberlin, LA

#475306 Sep 7, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>sorry, but it is the catholic that have the FALSE prejudice against her, not me.
as far as debating the "issue" with me. I spoke the truth, guess which side you would have to take?LOL
Preston

Peace

Well, we know you are an Obama supporter, now don't we? So I have already expressed my opinion, and chose to go with the Pope on this one, and not have military action.

Today is a day of prayer and fasting for Catholics concerning peace in Syria.

Where is your 3%, or 30 pieces of silver?
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#475307 Sep 7, 2013
The Catholic Church historically and biblically teaches that it is the one true church divinely founded by Jesus Christ. It's bishops are the successors of Christ's apostles and that the Bishop of Rome, as the successor to the head of the apostles, Saint Peter, has supreme authority over the Church. The Church maintains the true doctrine on faith and morals that it presents as definitive is infallible. There are a variety of doctrinal and theological emphases, including the Eastern Catholic Churches, the personal ordinarites and religious communities.
The Catholic Church (seldom called the Roman Catholic Church,is Trinitarian and its mission is spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ, administering the sacraments and exercising charity. Catholic worship is highly liturgical, focusing on the Mass or Divine Liturgy, in which the sacrament of the Eucharist is celebrated. The Church teaches that when consecrated by a validly ordained priest the bread and wine used during the Mass become the body and blood of Christ through transubstantiation. The Catholic Church practices closed communion and only baptized members of the Church in a state of grace are ordinarily permitted to receive the Eucharist. It holds the Virgin Mary, as mother of Jesus Christ, in special regard and has defined four specific Marian dogmatic teachings, namely her Immaculate Conception without original sin, her status as the Mother of God, her perpetual virginity and her bodily Assumption into Heaven at the end of her earthly life. It is the One True Apostolic Church that Jesus himself established and commissioned to Peter and the Apostles. It is not the only Church but it is the One True Church!!

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#475308 Sep 7, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston
Peace
Well, we know you are an Obama supporter, now don't we? So I have already expressed my opinion, and chose to go with the Pope on this one, and not have military action.
Today is a day of prayer and fasting for Catholics concerning peace in Syria.
Where is your 3%, or 30 pieces of silver?
when did you Get an idea that I support Obama in any way. I have said many Times that I am apolitical. oo you even know what that means.

I havent voted for a President since back in the 70's.tho around 15 or 20 years ago, I did vote twice for my brother when he ran for Co. Comm. and I told him the last time that I wasn't going to vote for him again, if he chose to run anymore for a elected office.

as far as military action, I just thought about this so thanks for bringing it up. I am all for SA and the arabs that want to stop Assad, to doing it for themselves. their army and AF is more than sufficient, along with those who would support them.

as it stands now, it is similar to Gen Patton and the cry about him,

"Old blood and guts" and as one soldier said,

"yeah, his guts and our blood".

I don't want to see one American dying anymore for any of those Arabs.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN! AND AS FAR AS THE POPE, HE IS ONLY WANTING PUBLICITY.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#475309 Sep 7, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>when did you Get an idea that I support Obama in any way. I have said many Times that I am apolitical. oo you even know what that means.
I havent voted for a President since back in the 70's.tho around 15 or 20 years ago, I did vote twice for my brother when he ran for Co. Comm. and I told him the last time that I wasn't going to vote for him again, if he chose to run anymore for a elected office.
as far as military action, I just thought about this so thanks for bringing it up. I am all for SA and the arabs that want to stop Assad, to doing it for themselves. their army and AF is more than sufficient, along with those who would support them.
as it stands now, it is similar to Gen Patton and the cry about him,
"Old blood and guts" and as one soldier said,
"yeah, his guts and our blood".
I don't want to see one American dying anymore for any of those Arabs.
LET THE GAMES BEGIN! AND AS FAR AS THE POPE, HE IS ONLY WANTING PUBLICITY.
PRESTON. AND ANY ONE ELSE .

I'M going to try a group prayer again tonight at 9 PM EASTERN .

For your girl..for healing for others,

For Spiritual healing of our loved one's who need it

For our country ..And Israel

And for those here .

ALL ARE WELCOME TO PRAY TO THE FATHER IN THE NAME OF JESUS

AS WE WERE INSTRUCTED ..

ask anything in My Name .....

I hope,she is better today

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#475310 Sep 7, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
if you aren't going to believe in all of what Jesus taught, please do not promote that you will.
*sighs*
PAD...HOPE YOU SEE THIS ..prayer tonight ..same time 9 Eastern daylight THUNK that is,8 PM yours

For all ...for healing esp Prestons little one.

For USA AND ISRAEL...etc..

Hope to SEE YOU

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' Jul 24 make Donald Drump... 47
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 20 I Jus Wanna Live ... 10,173
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Jul 9 South Knox Hombre 10
News Christian Europe Jul 9 bluestreak returns 27
More from around the web