Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685826 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

finalprophecies

AOL

#475301 Sep 7, 2013
.

ANTICHRIST ...on world stage --



.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#475302 Sep 7, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Aww Pookie. I sense that I have made you angry with me. I'll give you an example of how scripture interprets itself.In Genesis where we are told that Ham saw or uncovered his father Noah's nakedness,what does uncovering your fathers nakedness mean? It is interpreted in the scriptures and most people including the Catholics are clueless as to what uncovering your fathers nakedness means? They think it means to see your father naked.
Question

What does your subject have to do with God's plan of redemption?

When does such a subject work to convict a never dying soul?

When does knowing what you are posting here, ever influence any one to

come to Jesus?...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#475303 Sep 7, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
If Jesus died, how is it that he still lives and is coming nacl.
If that is the case, he never died, and there was only a token sacrifice, if any at all.
Why is that so difficult to understand?
Is your reasoning ability impaired or something?
Jesus rose again from the grave on the third day...

(THIS IS WHAT SETS HIM APART FROM ALL OTHERS THAT HAVE CLAIMED

TO BE GOD)

THIS IS THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST...

Co 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1Co 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1Co 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

1Co 15:5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:

1Co 15:6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.

1Co 15:7 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#475304 Sep 7, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus rose again from the grave on the third day...
(THIS IS WHAT SETS HIM APART FROM ALL OTHERS THAT HAVE CLAIMED
TO BE GOD)
THIS IS THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST...
Co 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
1Co 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
1Co 15:5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:
1Co 15:6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.
1Co 15:7 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.
~~~

==>THIS IS WAY THAT WE APPROPRIATE SALVATION...

Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

===>Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,

and

shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. <===


Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness;

and

with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.


Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith,

Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

NATIONALITY DOES NOT MATTER

Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

IT IS FOR ALL HUMAN BEINGS....

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

~~~~~~

NOTE ...IT DOES NOT SAY YOU HAVE TO BELONG TO ANY CERTAIN

DENOMINATION ...

RELIGIOUS CULT

NOR SECT.

THE ABOVE VERSES ARE WRITTEN TO SINNERS...

THE REST OF THE NEW TESTAMENT

IS MOSTLY WRITTEN/INSTRUCTIONS TO BELIEVERS/THOSE THAT ARE ALREADY CHRISTIANS.
Human Being

Oberlin, LA

#475305 Sep 7, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well because the whole subject of Mary CaN become a big stumbling block for US
I read
Search
Acts 1:13-14
New International Reader's Version (NIRV) New International Version (NIV)
13 When they arrived, they went upstairs to the room where they were staying. Peter, John, James and Andrew were there. Philip, Thomas, Bartholomew and Matthew were there too. So were James, son of Alphaeus, Simon the Zealot, and Judas, son of James. 13 When they arrived, they went upstairs to the room where they were staying. Those present were Peter, John, James and Andrew; Philip and Thomas, Bartholomew and Matthew; James son of Alphaeus and Simon the Zealot, and Judas son of James.
14 They all came together regularly to pray. The women joined them too. So did Jesus' mother Mary and his brothers. 14 They all joined together constantly in prayer, along with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brothers.
Naming the,disciples ..the women and Mary ...AND JESUS BROTHERS .
It's very clear THa t brothers,dies,nit mean disciples as it names,them.
I honestly think whether or not Mary had other children is a foolish thing to argue on and her being a wife to Joseph WOUKD not take away anything from her being the Woman who crushed Satan's head
..And why the,RCC thinks,so when James of Jerusalem is,the brother of Jesus..I have no idea.
None of it has to do with SALVATION..nor the state of my soul .
So you a 'll can fight about it...I m not ..
Peace
Greetings RoSesz

Peace to you.

I am not going to fight about the scriptures. I leave that to the religious zealots....

I had to go back to the Greek text, and find out that what we divide into verses, that is Acts 1:12,13,and 14, is actually a single sentence, and not divided.

Regrettably, the artificial use of Chapters and verses can often misrepresent the meanings out of context.

As for the other items you mention concerning Mary and "her" children. I was raised, believing the orthodox Protestant version, probably much as you think now. When I was becoming Catholic, I investigated further, and found how badly I assumed what I had been led to believe was correct.

I did so by much study, pro and con, and found that the case for the RCC does hold water.

I was troubled about it for awhile, but came to peace concerning the issue.

I hope the same for you.

Peace

Robert F
Human Being

Oberlin, LA

#475306 Sep 7, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>sorry, but it is the catholic that have the FALSE prejudice against her, not me.
as far as debating the "issue" with me. I spoke the truth, guess which side you would have to take?LOL
Preston

Peace

Well, we know you are an Obama supporter, now don't we? So I have already expressed my opinion, and chose to go with the Pope on this one, and not have military action.

Today is a day of prayer and fasting for Catholics concerning peace in Syria.

Where is your 3%, or 30 pieces of silver?
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#475307 Sep 7, 2013
The Catholic Church historically and biblically teaches that it is the one true church divinely founded by Jesus Christ. It's bishops are the successors of Christ's apostles and that the Bishop of Rome, as the successor to the head of the apostles, Saint Peter, has supreme authority over the Church. The Church maintains the true doctrine on faith and morals that it presents as definitive is infallible. There are a variety of doctrinal and theological emphases, including the Eastern Catholic Churches, the personal ordinarites and religious communities.
The Catholic Church (seldom called the Roman Catholic Church,is Trinitarian and its mission is spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ, administering the sacraments and exercising charity. Catholic worship is highly liturgical, focusing on the Mass or Divine Liturgy, in which the sacrament of the Eucharist is celebrated. The Church teaches that when consecrated by a validly ordained priest the bread and wine used during the Mass become the body and blood of Christ through transubstantiation. The Catholic Church practices closed communion and only baptized members of the Church in a state of grace are ordinarily permitted to receive the Eucharist. It holds the Virgin Mary, as mother of Jesus Christ, in special regard and has defined four specific Marian dogmatic teachings, namely her Immaculate Conception without original sin, her status as the Mother of God, her perpetual virginity and her bodily Assumption into Heaven at the end of her earthly life. It is the One True Apostolic Church that Jesus himself established and commissioned to Peter and the Apostles. It is not the only Church but it is the One True Church!!

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#475308 Sep 7, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston
Peace
Well, we know you are an Obama supporter, now don't we? So I have already expressed my opinion, and chose to go with the Pope on this one, and not have military action.
Today is a day of prayer and fasting for Catholics concerning peace in Syria.
Where is your 3%, or 30 pieces of silver?
when did you Get an idea that I support Obama in any way. I have said many Times that I am apolitical. oo you even know what that means.

I havent voted for a President since back in the 70's.tho around 15 or 20 years ago, I did vote twice for my brother when he ran for Co. Comm. and I told him the last time that I wasn't going to vote for him again, if he chose to run anymore for a elected office.

as far as military action, I just thought about this so thanks for bringing it up. I am all for SA and the arabs that want to stop Assad, to doing it for themselves. their army and AF is more than sufficient, along with those who would support them.

as it stands now, it is similar to Gen Patton and the cry about him,

"Old blood and guts" and as one soldier said,

"yeah, his guts and our blood".

I don't want to see one American dying anymore for any of those Arabs.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN! AND AS FAR AS THE POPE, HE IS ONLY WANTING PUBLICITY.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#475309 Sep 7, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>when did you Get an idea that I support Obama in any way. I have said many Times that I am apolitical. oo you even know what that means.
I havent voted for a President since back in the 70's.tho around 15 or 20 years ago, I did vote twice for my brother when he ran for Co. Comm. and I told him the last time that I wasn't going to vote for him again, if he chose to run anymore for a elected office.
as far as military action, I just thought about this so thanks for bringing it up. I am all for SA and the arabs that want to stop Assad, to doing it for themselves. their army and AF is more than sufficient, along with those who would support them.
as it stands now, it is similar to Gen Patton and the cry about him,
"Old blood and guts" and as one soldier said,
"yeah, his guts and our blood".
I don't want to see one American dying anymore for any of those Arabs.
LET THE GAMES BEGIN! AND AS FAR AS THE POPE, HE IS ONLY WANTING PUBLICITY.
PRESTON. AND ANY ONE ELSE .

I'M going to try a group prayer again tonight at 9 PM EASTERN .

For your girl..for healing for others,

For Spiritual healing of our loved one's who need it

For our country ..And Israel

And for those here .

ALL ARE WELCOME TO PRAY TO THE FATHER IN THE NAME OF JESUS

AS WE WERE INSTRUCTED ..

ask anything in My Name .....

I hope,she is better today

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#475310 Sep 7, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
if you aren't going to believe in all of what Jesus taught, please do not promote that you will.
*sighs*
PAD...HOPE YOU SEE THIS ..prayer tonight ..same time 9 Eastern daylight THUNK that is,8 PM yours

.
For all ...for healing esp Prestons little one.

For USA AND ISRAEL...etc..

Hope to SEE YOU

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#475311 Sep 7, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
==>THIS IS WAY THAT WE APPROPRIATE SALVATION...
Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
===>Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,
and
shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. <===
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness;
and
with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith,
Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
NATIONALITY DOES NOT MATTER
Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
IT IS FOR ALL HUMAN BEINGS....
Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
~~~~~~
NOTE ...IT DOES NOT SAY YOU HAVE TO BELONG TO ANY CERTAIN
DENOMINATION ...
RELIGIOUS CULT
NOR SECT.
THE ABOVE VERSES ARE WRITTEN TO SINNERS...
THE REST OF THE NEW TESTAMENT
IS MOSTLY WRITTEN/INSTRUCTIONS TO BELIEVERS/THOSE THAT ARE ALREADY CHRISTIANS.
Amen

Hope to see you later for prayer at 9 Eastern

Please tell Kay hello

Since: Nov 08

usa

#475312 Sep 7, 2013
catholic the true church, believes stealing is ok, torture of people is ok, bank fraud, laundering money for a criminal organization is ok, killing someone who does not follow the church is ok, child molesting is ok, lying is ok? buying the papal chair is ok, these are all excepted by god? there is nothing wrong with his(alleged) true church doing these things?
LTM

Terrace Bay, Canada

#475313 Sep 7, 2013
GodAware
September 7, 2013 — by Cindy Hess Kasper
Subscribe on iTunes
Play MP3 (Mobile)
Our Daily Bread Radio is hosted by Les LambornRead: Psalm 139:1-10
Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!—Romans 11:33
Bible in a Year:
Proverbs 1-2; 1 Corinthians 16On the FlightAware website, Kathy checked the progress of the small plane her husband Chuck was piloting to Chicago. With a few clicks, she could track when he took off, where his flight was at any moment, and exactly when he would land. A few decades earlier when Chuck was a pilot in West Africa, Kathy’s only contact had been a high-frequency radio. She recalls one occasion when 3 days had passed before she was able to reach him. She had no way of knowing that he was safe but unable to fly because the airplane had been damaged.

But God was always aware of exactly where Chuck was and what he was doing, just as He is with us (Job 34:21). Nothing is hidden from His sight (Heb. 4:13). He knows our thoughts and our words (1 Chron. 28:9; Ps. 139:4). And He knows what will happen in the future (Isa. 46:10).

God knows everything (1 John 3:20), and He knows you and me intimately (Ps. 139:1-10). He is aware of each temptation, each broken heart, each illness, each worry, each sorrow we face.

What a comfort to experience care from the One of whom it is said,“Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!”(Rom. 11:33).

Beneath His watchful eyeHis saints securely dwell;That hand which bears all nature upShall guard His children well.—DoddridgeWe can trust our all-knowing God.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#475314 Sep 7, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Nick,do the Orthodox have a Monstrance,that holds the host as well? On the main altar?
--

No we do not have a Monstrance. We do have a "Tabernacle" or "Ark" that is used to store the Presanctified Gifts for the Litugy of that name and for use when visiting the sick for communion.

The Divine Liturgy of Presanctified Gifts is a liturgical service on the weekdays of Great Lent wherein communion is received from Gifts that are sanctified consecrated in advance,
on the previous Sunday.

This Liturgy used on the weekdays of Great Lent. The Lenten season is a season of repentance, fasting, and intensified prayer. Keeping with the somberness of the season of repentance, the Presanctified is substituted for the Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom.

The Holy Mysteries (reserved sacrament) for the Presanctified Liturgy are kept in a tabernacle or ark on the altar at all times. The tabernacle is normally wrought of gold, silver, or wood and elaborately decorated. It is often shaped like a miniature church building, and usually has a cross on the top of it.

Neither do we have Adoration of the Eucharist, which made its appearance, not in the early church but whose historical origins was a Counter-Reformation response to challenges about the Real Presence

The Monstrance is used in the Catholic Adoration of the Host.

The Adoration of the Host is connected with Western belief in Transubstantiation which was adopted by the 4th Lateran Council (A.D. 1215), formalized at the Council of Trent (A.D. 1545-63), and was reaffirmed at the Second Vatican Council (1962-65).

The prefix Trans- in the term transubstantiation indicates a change took place: the bread actually became the body of Jesus and the wine actually became the blood of Jesus.

The Orthodox instead subscribe to "consubstantiation" , the view that the bread and wine are spiritually the flesh and blood of Jesus, but yet the bread and wine are still actually only bread and wine. Jesus is "with, in, and under" The bread and wine, do not literally the bread and wine. To us, the change is “mystical” and not “physical.” The prefix Con- says that the bread does not become the body of Jesus but co-exists with the physical bread so that the bread is both a bread and the body of Jesus.

Therefore Adoration of the Eucharist is not consistent with consistent with Orthodoxy.

The Orthodox position is that we do not have a problem with transubstantiation but it is not our belief. It is a doctrinal innovation that came about after the Great schism, and has never been accepted in Eastern Orthodox theology

Some Eastern Orthodox theologians sometimes use the term. However the Orthodox position is Consubstantiation. This will be explained in the next post.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#475315 Sep 7, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Nick,do the Orthodox have a Monstrance,that holds the host as well? On the main altar?
--

CONTINUED FROM PREV POST

As said above, some Orthodox have used the term transubstantiation.
Some Catholics have tried to argue that the Orthodox also subscribe to transubstantiation using such events as the 1672 Synod of Jerusalem or the 1727 Council of Constantinople. which stated that "TRANSUBSTANTIATION" is "the most fitting statement of this mystery" and the "most accurately significant declaration of this change" in the elements.

Occasions when the Orthodox the word Transubstantiation must be examined more closely.

To counter the teaching of Lucaris, who denied transubstantiation, Metropolitan Petro Mohyla of Kiev drew up in Latin an Orthodox Confession, defending transubstantiation .

Translated into Greek, using metousiosis" for the Latin term "transubstantiation" , this Confession was approved by all the Greek-speaking Patriarchs (those of Constantinople, Alexandria, Antioch, and Jerusalem) in 1643a. It was approved again by the 1672 Synod of Jerusalem.

First note that neither council was ecumenical, therefore metousiosis cannot be a dogma.

According to the Eastern Orthodox theology, "metousiosis " in Orthodox use should not be taken as a literal equivalent for the Catholic concept of transubstantion.

Eastern theologians who use the word "transubstant iation" or "metousiosis " are careful to exclude the notion that it is an explanation of how the bread and wine of the sacrament are changed into the body and blood of Christ, instead of being a statement of what is changed.

So, for an instance, "metousiosis " can be also used to describe the Eucharist in manner of St. Irenaeus or St. John Chrysostom, who taught about two natures present, both earthly (wine or bread itself) and heavenly (the Christ itself).
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#475316 Sep 7, 2013
OldJG wrote:
The Roman Catholics did these things and called them Biblical......
1. Prayers for the dead 300 A.D.
2. Sign of the Cross 310 A.D.
3. Wax votive candles 320 A.D.
4. Veneration of saints and angels 375 A.D.
5. Mary declared "Mother of God" 431 A.D.
6. Priests begin to wear vestments 500 A.D.
7. Worship in Latin 600 A.D.
8. Temporal Papacy power granted by Phocas 610 A.D.
9. Feast days in honour of Mary 650 A.D.
10. Kissing of the Pope's feet 709 A.D.
11. Temporal power of Papacy confirmed 750 A.D.
12. Adoration of Mary, saints, images and relics
legalised by 2nd Council of Nicea 788 A.D.
13. Holy water 850 A.D.
14. Veneration of St. Joseph 890 A.D.
15. Baptism of bells 965 A.D.
16. Canonization of dead saints 995 A.D.
17. Fasting on Fridays and Lent 998 A.D.
18. Rosary beads 1090 A.D.
19. Pope Boniface VII decrees celibacy of priests 1097 A.D.
20. Inquisition of heretics 1184 A.D.
21. Sale of Indulgences 1190 A.D.
22. Transubstantiation of the wafer 1215 A.D.
23. Confession to a priest 1215 A.D.
24. Adoration of the host (Wafer God) 1220 A.D.
25. Bible forbidden and placed on index of forbidden books --by Council of Valencia 1229 A.D.
26. Red hats for Cardinals 1245 A.D.
27. Feast of Corpus Christi 1264 A.D.
28. The Miraculous scapular 1287 A.D.
29. Roman church as the only true church 1303 A.D.
30. Cup forbidden to laity at Communion 1415 A.D.
31. Purgatory decreed by Council of Florence 1439 A.D.
32. Doctrine of the seven sacraments 1439 A.D.
33. Tradition of equal authority to the Bible 1545 A.D.
34. Justification by works and not faith alone 1545 A.D.
35. Creed of Pope Plus IV makes all the unscriptural doctrines of Council of Trent binding 1560 A.D.
36. Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary 1854 A.D.
37. Papal infallibility 1870 A.D.
38. Papal decree on mixed marriages -- all marriages not celebrated by a Roman priest declared null and void 1908 A.D.
39. Pope reaffirms Mary as Mother of God 1931 A.D.
40. Assumption of the Virgin Mary 1950 A.D.
cult propaganda leaflet rebuttal continued:

17. fasting on Fridays and Lent 998 AD you claim. Fasting will always be a part of the Christian faith. Its Biblical. Again, Im not sure why you would have a problem with this. Catholics do it on Fridays because thats the day the Lord died. I'm a little surprised you don't..

18. Rosary beads 1090 AD. Prayer beads can be dated to the fathers of the 3rd and 4th century (Before Constantine in case you're interested in truth, lol) Prayer beads by the laity were practiced to imitate the Monastic liturgy of the hours, in which monks prayed the 150 Psalms daily. Most Christians couldn't read, so they followed along with beads, substituting the Our Father prayer while the Monks who could read, recited the Psalms.
The Rosary itself was given to Saint Dominic in the year 1214 AD when Mary appeared to him. wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_The Rosary

19. Pope Boniface decrees Celibacy of Priests. 1090 AD.
Celibacy among Priests was overwhelmingly common since the first century. The most respected Jewish community around the time of Jesus was celibate. And you can clearly see from the Bible why Celibacy is such a profound lifestyle for the sake of the Kingdom of God. Mt 19:12, 1 cor 7:7, 17:32-35.

20. Inquisition of heretics introduced in 1184 AD? Nope.'Inquisitions' are in every religion -including yours. If one of your fellow self proclaimed deacons begins speaking about joining the Catholic Church, i guarantee that you and the others will sit him down and confront his 'heresy'. Then you'll throw him out of your sect if he doesnt recant. The Catholic Church has always had some form of Inquisition. In fact they still do to this day, but its called 'the congregation of the doctrine of the faith'.
The Bible can clearly show how this practice is Biblical. God tells us in Deu 17:2-5.
catholic.com/tracts/the-inquisition

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#475317 Sep 7, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
From the Greek Orthodox Church I went to as a child...
"Some say excommunication is too severe a punishment. However, it is not done for punishment sake. It is not done to embarrass or humiliate the penitent. It is done as a spiritual discipline to call the person to an awareness of their broken state of sin and motivate them to properly repent and reconcile to those trespassed against as well as reconcile to the Church.
In our community, if the priest becomes aware of a situation that may be grounds for excommunication, he will most certainly attempt to personally contact you. This will be done to encourage repentance through confession and other means. It will also be done to let you know if you should not receive communion and for how long. If you have been excommunicated, please do not force the issue by approaching the chalice during Liturgy. The priest will have no choice but to refuse you communion. If you have any doubts about your preparedness to receive communion, please contact the priest. He will be happy to counsel and advise you. This is the traditional Orthodox Christian practice. God bless all of you!"
http://www.stgeorgegoc.org/PastorsCornerExcom...
Everyone who wants to take lessons re Orthodoxy from someone who cant tell the truth re his own Catholicism and has an agenda of convincing true orthodox that they are really Catholic write this down.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#475318 Sep 7, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
The Roman Catholics did these things and called them Biblical......
1. Prayers for the dead 300 A.D.
2. Sign of the Cross 310 A.D.
3. Wax votive candles 320 A.D.
4. Veneration of saints and angels 375 A.D.
5. Mary declared "Mother of God" 431 A.D.
6. Priests begin to wear vestments 500 A.D.
7. Worship in Latin 600 A.D.
8. Temporal Papacy power granted by Phocas 610 A.D.
9. Feast days in honour of Mary 650 A.D.
10. Kissing of the Pope's feet 709 A.D.
11. Temporal power of Papacy confirmed 750 A.D.
12. Adoration of Mary, saints, images and relics
legalised by 2nd Council of Nicea 788 A.D.
13. Holy water 850 A.D.
14. Veneration of St. Joseph 890 A.D.
15. Baptism of bells 965 A.D.
16. Canonization of dead saints 995 A.D.
17. Fasting on Fridays and Lent 998 A.D.
18. Rosary beads 1090 A.D.
19. Pope Boniface VII decrees celibacy of priests 1097 A.D.
20. Inquisition of heretics 1184 A.D.
21. Sale of Indulgences 1190 A.D.
22. Transubstantiation of the wafer 1215 A.D.
23. Confession to a priest 1215 A.D.
24. Adoration of the host (Wafer God) 1220 A.D.
25. Bible forbidden and placed on index of forbidden books --by Council of Valencia 1229 A.D.
26. Red hats for Cardinals 1245 A.D.
27. Feast of Corpus Christi 1264 A.D.
28. The Miraculous scapular 1287 A.D.
29. Roman church as the only true church 1303 A.D.
30. Cup forbidden to laity at Communion 1415 A.D.
31. Purgatory decreed by Council of Florence 1439 A.D.
32. Doctrine of the seven sacraments 1439 A.D.
33. Tradition of equal authority to the Bible 1545 A.D.
34. Justification by works and not faith alone 1545 A.D.
35. Creed of Pope Plus IV makes all the unscriptural doctrines of Council of Trent binding 1560 A.D.
36. Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary 1854 A.D.
37. Papal infallibility 1870 A.D.
38. Papal decree on mixed marriages -- all marriages not celebrated by a Roman priest declared null and void 1908 A.D.
39. Pope reaffirms Mary as Mother of God 1931 A.D.
40. Assumption of the Virgin Mary 1950 A.D.
<quoted text>
Starters? Are you ashamed to be called Roman Catholic?
Hey cly, notice the date these abominations began. Constantine was the Roman Emperor from 306 to 337. Are the dates a coincidence? DUH!
Finally, are you suggesting my post is not factual? Come on cly, even you can't change history.
Of course im not ashamed to be Roman Catholic. I am Catholic and i follow the Roman rite during the Mass. I actually embrace every insult thrown at me just like Our Lord did.
You need the Catholic Church to appear as a conquering Roman Army, thats why you stress the title whenever possible.'Roman'(as in a barbaric roman image), better suits your cult theology. You badly need the title and do not care why its used. Of course the truth of the title 'Roman' completely destroys your opinion on the Book of Revelation, therefore you'll ignore the truth and carry on with your mission.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#475319 Sep 7, 2013
hojo wrote:
The Catholic Church historically and biblically teaches that it is the one true church divinely founded by Jesus Christ. It's bishops are the successors of Christ's apostles and that the Bishop of Rome, as the successor to the head of the apostles, Saint Peter, has supreme authority over the Church. The Church maintains the true doctrine on faith and morals that it presents as definitive is infallible. There are a variety of doctrinal and theological emphases, including the Eastern Catholic Churches, the personal ordinarites and religious communities.
The Catholic Church (seldom called the Roman Catholic Church,is Trinitarian and its mission is spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ, administering the sacraments and exercising charity. Catholic worship is highly liturgical, focusing on the Mass or Divine Liturgy, in which the sacrament of the Eucharist is celebrated. The Church teaches that when consecrated by a validly ordained priest the bread and wine used during the Mass become the body and blood of Christ through transubstantiation. The Catholic Church practices closed communion and only baptized members of the Church in a state of grace are ordinarily permitted to receive the Eucharist. It holds the Virgin Mary, as mother of Jesus Christ, in special regard and has defined four specific Marian dogmatic teachings, namely her Immaculate Conception without original sin, her status as the Mother of God, her perpetual virginity and her bodily Assumption into Heaven at the end of her earthly life. It is the One True Apostolic Church that Jesus himself established and commissioned to Peter and the Apostles. It is not the only Church but it is the One True Church!!
No matter how often you tell your lies, they will not magically
magically turn into the truth!!!!

There is no support. of any sort, that supports your vain words.

Catholics insist that "church" in Scripture identifies the Roman Catholic Church.

I find no English dictionary, Bible dictionary, Greek lexicon, nor Scripture, that so defines the word "church"....and neither does any Catholic....

So where comes from this hogwash that "church" means Roman Catholic Church????? From their factory of lies....

Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#475320 Sep 7, 2013
OldJG wrote:
The Roman Catholics did these things and called them Biblical......
1. Prayers for the dead 300 A.D.
2. Sign of the Cross 310 A.D.
3. Wax votive candles 320 A.D.
4. Veneration of saints and angels 375 A.D.
5. Mary declared "Mother of God" 431 A.D.
6. Priests begin to wear vestments 500 A.D.
7. Worship in Latin 600 A.D.
8. Temporal Papacy power granted by Phocas 610 A.D.
9. Feast days in honour of Mary 650 A.D.
10. Kissing of the Pope's feet 709 A.D.
11. Temporal power of Papacy confirmed 750 A.D.
12. Adoration of Mary, saints, images and relics
legalised by 2nd Council of Nicea 788 A.D.
13. Holy water 850 A.D.
14. Veneration of St. Joseph 890 A.D.
15. Baptism of bells 965 A.D.
16. Canonization of dead saints 995 A.D.
17. Fasting on Fridays and Lent 998 A.D.
18. Rosary beads 1090 A.D.
19. Pope Boniface VII decrees celibacy of priests 1097 A.D.
20. Inquisition of heretics 1184 A.D.
21. Sale of Indulgences 1190 A.D.
22. Transubstantiation of the wafer 1215 A.D.
23. Confession to a priest 1215 A.D.
24. Adoration of the host (Wafer God) 1220 A.D.
25. Bible forbidden and placed on index of forbidden books --by Council of Valencia 1229 A.D.
26. Red hats for Cardinals 1245 A.D.
27. Feast of Corpus Christi 1264 A.D.
28. The Miraculous scapular 1287 A.D.
29. Roman church as the only true church 1303 A.D.
30. Cup forbidden to laity at Communion 1415 A.D.
31. Purgatory decreed by Council of Florence 1439 A.D.
32. Doctrine of the seven sacraments 1439 A.D.
33. Tradition of equal authority to the Bible 1545 A.D.
34. Justification by works and not faith alone 1545 A.D.
35. Creed of Pope Plus IV makes all the unscriptural doctrines of Council of Trent binding 1560 A.D.
36. Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary 1854 A.D.
37. Papal infallibility 1870 A.D.
38. Papal decree on mixed marriages -- all marriages not celebrated by a Roman priest declared null and void 1908 A.D.
39. Pope reaffirms Mary as Mother of God 1931 A.D.
40. Assumption of the Virgin Mary 1950 A.D.
propaganda leaflet continued....

21. Sale of indulgences. The Catholic Church does not now nor ever has approved of the sale of indulgences. This doesn't deny that SOME clergy members practiced this. They did so by going AGAINST Church teaching. DO you understand this truth, Oldgee? They went against Church teaching. You can not fault the church for that!

22. The 'wafer' you call the Holy Eucharist was transubstantiated when Jesus Christ said "this IS MY BODY'. All of Christianity believed in the Eucharist until protestanland began..
Clearly transubstantiation was believed by the Church from its inception. Your 1215 AD date is due to a desire to undo the Eucharist by implying it wasn't preached until then. Baloney Old gee, you are a cheat.

23. Confession to a Priest in 1215 AD?? lol. You're taking Church councils and trying to make everybody believe that a particular doctrine was 'just thought up' at this council! That's what snakes do, Mr GEE. There really is too much evidence to debunk your opinion that Confession to a Priest was invented in 1215 AD. However, if you are truly interested in truth (lol), you can check out this link of the early church and their beliefs in Confession.
catholic.com/tracts/confession

24. Adoration of the host 1220 AD. The Eucharist is automatically adored once the bread becomes the real presence of Jesus Christ. I have already proved how Christianity in century one believed in the real presence of Our Lord in the Eucharist. So to think that adoration of this waited until 1220 AD is silly. In fact, its impossible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 16 Married in 10,583
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Aug 12 Jeremy 24
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug 9 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug 8 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug 8 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul 29 Anti- 2
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Jul 25 misleading troller 2
More from around the web