Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,127
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Pad

Rockford, IL

#474937 Sep 5, 2013
Sorry folks about the double post,it was not intended!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#474938 Sep 5, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Funny - some poster deemed your post "clueless" "incindiery" and "nuts".
I guess that person doesn't like being truthful and honest.
DOH!!
We can all make up stuff and say its true, its just that Clay, Hojo, Anthony, ReginaM. actually believe every word they were indoctrinated into from infancy.

Nothing trumps evidence that is PROVEN truthful. I have yet to see any evidence of what they speak.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#474939 Sep 5, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
My bet is that you have diplomas, from the most elite Universities in the world, on every wall in your office. In your mind, because of your eduction, you are the smartest man to ever walk on this earth.....but you don't have an ounce of intelligence..
No. You are incorrect in many ways.
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I have posted this a godzillian times on this forum:
ekklesia: a calling out, i.e.(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly, church.
Okay - thanks for reposting.
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
And I repeat....that does not define the Roman Catholic Church....which is a denomination...Christ built no denomination/s
I never said it does, so you are barking up the worng tree, if you are trying to get a rise from me.

Albuquerque, NM

#474940 Sep 5, 2013

Please post the passage from "God" that states that what you have read is the "Infallible Sacred Word of God".
I don't believe you are citing the right texts.
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no interest in engaging anyone in a conversation about the Sacred Word of God, when that person refers to God as "God"...
Diversion.

Since you can't answer with honesty, you divert from answering altogether, using bullshite qualifiers as your support.

You are a fake.

Albuquerque, NM

#474941 Sep 5, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>And to know yourself is to know that you are hopelessly lost,without the Redrmption of Christ.
Prove it.

You have no clue or inclination to know what will happen to me. So stop being silly in thinking you do.
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>To Know yourself is to realize that"we are shaped in iniquity and sin,our hearts condemn us." Isaiah.
I'm not Jewish, so this text doesn't apply to me.

BUT....if one is to take the meaning of this passage, one will find that it is exactly what Jesus stated in GoThomas - because once we examine ourselves for the faults we do have, only then can we address them and clear them from the chart of life.
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>To know yourself is to look beyond oneself,and be a blessing to others that works even outside of the realm of Christian endeavor and service.
But yet you rebuke Jesus' teaching this.....hmmmm....

You are starting to contradict Jesus.
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>People can learn o love,and work outside of their pwersonal space.
There is no religion required, no religious affiliation required, or religious exclamation required, in order to achieve this.
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>We see this all over the world.
But the most important thing is that when we trust ourselves and know ourselves as some good person underneath the many layers,we are deceiving ourselves,as Christ came to redeem us,not help us to discover some inner good person,who is able o rise up and be justified on his or her own meri.
The only person who will deceive theirself is yourself. No other person can do this to another.

But in your eyes, one must make a choice [Self] and not do this in order to "come to Jesus" - which is also an action by the Self.

You are confused. That must be the reason why you keep referring to the actions thatyou will do, but rebuke them in the next statement.

Hmmm.....odd.
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>NASL,I know you believe in te goodness of human life,and that we are our own saviors,but that is not why Jesus came to this earth,He came to save that which was lost to sin,and He changes hearts.When we human beings believ we have more than what Jesus offers,we are just lying to ourselves.
Okay Pad....if this is what you believe.....let's break it down and try to understand what you are saying.

"that we are our own saviors"
- we have to correct our own faults in life - Jesus nor "God" will. Please post to the forum, support for your conclusion. Please list all the things that "God" specifically has done for you, and you alone, as it seems, because I'm not hearing anyone else claim that Jesus or "God" corrected "sin" without any personal action occurring.

"but that is not why Jesus came to this earth,He came to save that which was lost to sin,and He changes hearts."
- please post how Jesus 'changes hearts' WITHOUT posting an action by an individual or individuals. All I would like to see, is a specific action that has Jesus or "God" changing hearts without no interaction from humans.

"When we human beings believ we have more than what Jesus offers,we are just lying to ourselves."
- How? what does Jesus have that I don't?
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>No, NASL, you are not Jesus,or capable of being Him,you are not God or capable of being God.
I never claimed to be Jesus or "God", so please stop implying that I did or am.

Although I will say that some folks have told me when I let my hair down, that I do resemble him in looks
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>The I AM has come NASL,and He is determied to save us,not to awaken in us some god!
Jesus can't save anyone, only you can, if you abide by his suggestions to do so.

'not to awaken in us some god!"
Yes he did. You are just so befuddled by men, you can't see this action being taken.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#474942 Sep 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Ah yes. When struggling while in a corner, without any way out, always divert your actions back to the one who questions why you are in a corner.
Got it.
I don't believe men. I do utilize their opinions to formulate my own belief. Like you and your heresy against the Catholic Church - you've chosen to believe how you want to.
Self is a very far concept from the RCC and Catholicism.
But hey - you won't reject your Self any more than you would reject Catholicism. Unfortunately, with doing so, you become a heretic in the eyes of men within Catholicism, so you avoid it altogether.
Take your diversion tactics elsewhere - they won't work on me.
Try preaching your nonsense to someone more gullible - like children and Protestants.
I'm not struggling in a corner. I'm not diverting from the issue. You accuse me of following men (which I do not contest) but you are also following men.

The men I follow are the successors to the Apostles. They are protected from error. That's the only way Christ could ensure that the continuity of truth would survive generation to generation.
So yeah, I'm all inn. I will die a Catholic, following the Bishop of Rome.

Albuquerque, NM

#474943 Sep 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not struggling in a corner.
IMO - you are. Looking at all the ways of the wordl from one aspect and only one. You rebuke other ways, because you can. It doesn't mean that what you say is true. It isn't.
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not diverting from the issue.

You have multiple times.

You and your counterparts have still yet to post where "God" specifically labels certain texts inspired and others not.

So, without diverting, where is this written, expressed, scribed, etc.?
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You accuse me of following men (which I do not contest) but you are also following men.
How many times do I have to say it, I don't follow men. Following men requires me to be a participant in their theology or theocracy.

Please tell me which men I follow?
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The men I follow are the successors to the Apostles.

Correction - the men you follow are successors to SOME OF THE APOSTLES. Remember, you only accept less than six of the original 13 Apostles. Please make sure you specify this in future claims, it shows you are being honest.
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
They are protected from error.

"All men fall short of the glory of God".
- thus - they are not protected.
- your conclusion, as it seems, was devised by men, not "God".
- But yet you want to false claim "infallible".

Wrong move.
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the only way Christ could ensure that the continuity of truth would survive generation to generation.
a. You don't believe in all of Jesus' teachings
b. Jesus never stated this
c. This is Catholicism speaking, nothing to do with what Jesus taught.

Besides, the so-called "Apostolic Succession" had already been debunked.
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
So yeah, I'm all inn. I will die a Catholic, following the Bishop of Rome.
Have fun. I betcha - he isn't going to be around your bedside when you die.
Human Being

Church Point, LA

#474944 Sep 5, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
You saId MY belief n John 3:16 was different from yours ..And not just head belief was,correct ..I showed you it wasn't .
You were addressing ME
Jesus,gave us,2 commandments,that embraced all of them .
Live God above all things ..love your neighbor.
I try not always,successfully to follow both ...in which case the Spirit by way of my conscience lets me know
If I err I go to my Lord in repentance ..
What I want to know ..You may need your priest to say ..your forgiven .
I prefer to take my sins,to the,SOURCE OF ALL FORGIVENESS...
And who is,anyone here to tell me that is not the right thing to do ..
RoSesz:

Peace

I do not think God has a preferential mode. That is your preference in dealing with sin. Yet God deals with us, as He sees fit. And in general, I go along with your thinking on the subject.

The question of obedience to God, is not necessarily contrary to that of obedience to the RCC(though usually it is our own misunderstanding, clouded judgment, and experiences that prevents us makes us preferential) but is congruent, or parallel.

One aspect of repentance you are forgetting, within contrition(if you remember), one must do an act of penance. And this has generally been forgotten outside of the confessional. Most of those who hate the RCC, would not even consider doing an act of penance. Why?

Peace
youtubeNews

AOL

#474945 Sep 5, 2013

ISRAEL to give POPE "Custody" of Temple Mount --

http://youtu.be/Qt9kEQB4ti8

hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#474946 Sep 5, 2013
<quoted text>
But since you asked, in the least you are questioning that which you don't know.
Since it won't be found in the Bible that it is a personal relationship, maybe you can direct me - within the Bible - where I can find where "God" specifically states which texts are inspired and which are not, so I can make sure I am following "God" to the letter.
The Early Church Fathers in 382,393, and 397 gave Jesus Christs One TRUE Universal Catholic Church the "inspired books of the bible"-----however, you bible only Protestant "fundies" (decided on your own)---1200 years later, which ones THEY CHOSE to keep, and which ones THEY CHOSE to remove, then EACH ONE (self-interpreting) the bible,(450 years later) into 42,000 contradicting and conflicting (hodge-podge) of denominations, editorializing, and mis-interpreting the bible, EACH to their own "demise and destruction"!! You "fundies" will NEVER follow Gods word to the letter because you "threw out, and rejected" the TRUTH" at the Reformation!
Anthony MN

United States

#474947 Sep 5, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I you knew the teachings of both the Witnesses and Mormons you would not ask me such a question.Because they would never darken the door of our churches anyway. Anyone who wants to visit is always welcome,that is the same with you.But to share their theology and expect it to spread amongst us would be ridiculous,and they themselves hate evangelicals and Catholics.
Of course you wouldn't. You understand then the dilemma Catholics have with evangelicals who reject the Sacraments.
Anthony MN

United States

#474948 Sep 5, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
You saId MY belief n John 3:16 was different from yours ..And not just head belief was,correct ..I showed you it wasn't .
You were addressing ME
Jesus,gave us,2 commandments,that embraced all of them .
Live God above all things ..love your neighbor.
I try not always,successfully to follow both ...in which case the Spirit by way of my conscience lets me know
If I err I go to my Lord in repentance ..
What I want to know ..You may need your priest to say ..your forgiven .
I prefer to take my sins,to the,SOURCE OF ALL FORGIVENESS...
And who is,anyone here to tell me that is not the right thing to do ..
Agian Rose, who decides what obedience to Christ is? What did those who were taught by the apostles say this obedience is?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#474949 Sep 5, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Early Church Fathers in 382,393, and 397 gave Jesus Christs One TRUE Universal Catholic Church the "inspired books of the bible"-----however, you bible only Protestant "fundies" (decided on your own)---1200 years later, which ones THEY CHOSE to keep, and which ones THEY CHOSE to remove, then EACH ONE (self-interpreting) the bible,(450 years later) into 42,000 contradicting and conflicting (hodge-podge) of denominations, editorializing, and mis-interpreting the bible, EACH to their own "demise and destruction"!! You "fundies" will NEVER follow Gods word to the letter because you "threw out, and rejected" the TRUTH" at the Reformation!
You are solid proof that there is no cure for stupidity!!!!

The National Council of Church’s report on church membership lists the following organizations as the top ten biggest religious denominations in the U.S.A.:

The Catholic Church: 68.5 million
Southern Baptist Convention: 16.1 million
The United Methodist Church: 7.8 million
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints: 6 million
The Church of God in Christ: 5.5 million
National Baptist Convention, USA: 5 million
Evangelical Lutheran Church in America: 4.5 million
National Baptist Convention of America: 3.5 million
Assemblies of God: 2.9 million

Note: The Catholic Church is the largest denomination in the USA!!!!!!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#474950 Sep 5, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The National Council of Church’s report on church membership lists the following organizations as the top ten biggest religious denominations in the U.S.A.:
.......and the vast majority of ALL those believers in their individual denominations were indoctrinated into it from childhood.

....... The numbers you show are MOSTLY about hand-me-down-family tradition, not individual found beliefs, and that OXBOW is the BIGGEST group of all!.

simply UNBELIEVABLE!

Location hidden

#474951 Sep 5, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The extra books in your Bible, that are not the Infallible Sacred Holy Spirit Inspired Word of God, and thereby cannot be said to be teachings of Jesus Christ, means you are following teachings that are non Christian...

Christ warns: Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

Albuquerque, NM

#474952 Sep 5, 2013
My post was this one:

But since you asked, in the least you are questioning that which you don't know.
Since it won't be found in the Bible that it is a personal relationship, maybe you can direct me - within the Bible - where I can find where "God" specifically states which texts are inspired and which are not, so I can make sure I am following "God" to the letter.

Now let's see how accurate you were....
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Early Church Fathers in 382,393, and 397 gave Jesus Christs One TRUE Universal Catholic Church the "inspired books of the bible"
These individuals are not "God". I understand very much how much you think they are and all, but still just fallible men who had an agenda.
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>-----however, you bible only Protestant "fundies" (decided on your own)

This will be my time I tell you this. Next time I will not be so kind, okay? I'm not Protestant. Get over it. I know it disappoints you that I am not, because it doesn't allow you to pull the same ol' tactic upon me. Bummer for you, huh?
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>---1200 years later, which ones THEY CHOSE to keep, and which ones THEY CHOSE to remove, then EACH ONE (self-interpreting) the bible,(450 years later) into 42,000 contradicting and conflicting (hodge-podge) of denominations, editorializing, and mis-interpreting the bible, EACH to their own "demise and destruction"!!
Bummer - just like the book you tout, it is still an incomplete collection of many of Jesus' teachings.
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>You "fundies" will NEVER follow Gods word to the letter because you "threw out, and rejected" the TRUTH" at the Reformation!
Do you really think with you calling me such will change the facts I've stated in this forum?

Why don't you try and answer the question again, this time, using "God" as your main character, and state where "He" says which books are inspired and which are not.

C'mon hojo, you seem to be very knowledgeable of your religion and beliefs, this surely can't be difficult to answer, right?

Or will your next post be a diversion from answering again and shower me with more blather? Maybe you will not post to me at all.

Honesty hojo, it isn't hard to acquire.

Albuquerque, NM

#474953 Sep 5, 2013
Why do so-called "Christians" refuse to answer questions that affect their belief?

What are they afraid of? Persecution from within their own groups? Ridicule? Animosity? Loss of friends?

Honesty is and can be very telling.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#474954 Sep 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
"no one can undo the word of God"
Ya right. People before you literally undid it. That's why you only have 66 Books of the Bible and I've got 73.
If the word of God says Jesus held up the Bread and said, "This my Body"
And now, 2,000 yrs later, you say "No it ain't"!
well, that's undoing it.
Apparently the word of God was misunderstood from 90 AD til you showed up? Ignatius and Clement heard it wrong from Peter and John? Truth was so important for our salvation, that Christ decided to wait until the born again movement arrived in the 20th century to clarify His real Ministry.
Why don't you realize that

All you have is hearsay that has been passed down an edited by your popes

with over 40 different additions of of dogma and heaven only knows how man rituals have been assumed into your add mixture of religious exercises...

AGAIN ...WHAT JESUS RESPONDED TO ...WHEN THE THIEF WAS ON THE CROSS

WAS...

Luk_23:42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.

JESUS' RESPONSE WAS...

Luk 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee,

To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

WHY DO YOU REQUIRE A PERSON TO JUMP THROUGH ALL YOUR CATHOLIC HOOPS

RITUALS AND CALISTHENICS...

AND AFTER THEY HAVE FULFILLED ALL OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC LAWS...

THEY ARE PROMISE NOTHING MORE THAN

A BINGO GAME..A LOTTO

A GAMBLERS CHOICE..

THE WORDS OF Paul and Silas,
WAS..

Act_16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#474955 Sep 5, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~

HAVE YOU TAKEN NOTICE HOW AMERICA HAS SLIDE DOWN THE SLIPPER SLOPE OF DEBAUCHERY SINCE

JOHN F KENNEDY WAS ELECTED PRESIDENT...

FROM THE DEATH OF ABRAHAM LINCOLN ( A 100 YEARS)

NO CATHOLIC NEED TO HAVE RAN FOR PRESIDENT ...

BECAUSE OF THE INVOLVEMENT OF ROMAN CATHOLICS IS LINCOLNS DEATH..

FROM THE EARLY 1960'S (WHEN JFK WAS ELECTED PRESIDENT UNTIL NOW

THE ROMAN CATHOLICS HAVE INVADED THE LEADERSHIP IN CONGRESS...

THE SENATE AND NOW CONTROL THE SUPREME COURT...

OUR NATION HAS SLIPPED NEAR THE PRECIPICE OF HELL, SINCE THEY HAVE BEEN

IN ELECTED AND ARE IN CONTROL.

THEY HAVE SPAWNED A GODLESS SOCIETY HERE IN AMERICA..

ALL THESE SINS ARE BEING PRACTICED OPENLY..COME TO THE FOREFRONT...

Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Rom 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

Rom 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

Rom 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

Rom 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

THEIR UNGODLY INFLUENCE HAS HAD A HORRIFIC IMPACT UPON OUR COUNTRY...

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

CHRISTMAS

#474956 Sep 5, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
HAVE YOU TAKEN NOTICE HOW AMERICA HAS SLIDE DOWN THE SLIPPER SLOPE OF DEBAUCHERY SINCE
JOHN F KENNEDY WAS ELECTED PRESIDENT...
FROM THE DEATH OF ABRAHAM LINCOLN ( A 100 YEARS)
NO CATHOLIC NEED TO HAVE RAN FOR PRESIDENT ...
BECAUSE OF THE INVOLVEMENT OF ROMAN CATHOLICS IS LINCOLNS DEATH..
FROM THE EARLY 1960'S (WHEN JFK WAS ELECTED PRESIDENT UNTIL NOW
THE ROMAN CATHOLICS HAVE INVADED THE LEADERSHIP IN CONGRESS...
THE SENATE AND NOW CONTROL THE SUPREME COURT...
OUR NATION HAS SLIPPED NEAR THE PRECIPICE OF HELL, SINCE THEY HAVE BEEN
IN ELECTED AND ARE IN CONTROL.
THEY HAVE SPAWNED A GODLESS SOCIETY HERE IN AMERICA..
ALL THESE SINS ARE BEING PRACTICED OPENLY..COME TO THE FOREFRONT...
Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Rom 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
Rom 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
Rom 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
Rom 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
THEIR UNGODLY INFLUENCE HAS HAD A HORRIFIC IMPACT UPON OUR COUNTRY...
I'm pretty sure,JFK would have been pro life ..his brother Teddy on the other hand ..professed,Catholic and was,PRO CHOICE..P TO ANNULMENT sanctioned..against his,wife's wishes ..by the,Catholic Church .

Here is a record on the recent Congress ..to be fair..the CATHOLUC writer is none to pleased with the voting records on pro life issues,of some of them

NANCY PELOSI ..a staunch CATHOLic..is,extremely PRO ABORTION ..

http://www.satodayscatholic.com/Leies_082809....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 11 hr Jesus saves 8,717
Pope challenges Muslims to condemn violence Tue Jeff Brightone 1
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Tue USA Born 83,901
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Tue woodtick57 4
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... Dec 22 John 4
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 21 Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Dec 21 Doc Proper 12
More from around the web