Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688650 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#475221 Sep 6, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
"I beleive all texts are "God" inspired."
Show me a text of some sort by "God" specifically stating that God says that all texts are inspired.
See how that works?
Texts do not interpret themselves. People have to do that.
Don't push the issue back at me. It wasn't my call to only label certain texts as inspired.

"See how that works?"

Sheez Dan, can't take responsibility for the actions of Christiantiy, so you push them off onto others.

Your deception is noted.

And there it is....."Texts do not interpret themselves. People have to do that."

Yopu are right - NO "GOD" INVOVLED, thus NO texts are inspired by "God", EXCEPT those deemed by man.

Can you admit this truthfully and honestly? I doubt it because it destroys your belief - and you can't have that, huh?

...and yet you still probably believe that "God" only inspired certain texts, because of what you've been told.

BTW - for this statement of mine: ""I beleive all texts are "God" inspired."
- I don't limit "God" like you have done.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#475222 Sep 6, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Pope's made statements RE: politicians and this kind of thing, Rose. Several times.
He can't target US politicians. That's their Bishop's job. These folks are under the pastoral care of their Bishop.
Well don't understand that at all ..he could declare it for the whole CHURCH ..the bishops would have to follow up ..he is the head of the CHURCH ...just as the VATICAN..stepped in on the other scandals .

And I really mean the whole CHURCH ..Belgium is a really Catholic COUntry on the surface ..some of their holidays ..like in May are,Catholic ..other countries,are mire liberal than here ..

If he is,the head of the CHURCH ....just saying .

A,lot of theses,bishops are,liberal ..But if it came from the pipe internationally ..he,would not be targeting USA.

Abortion being enabled by any Christian in power is,wrong ..no grey area ..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#475223 Sep 6, 2013
huskerdu wrote:
<quoted text>The new bishop really isn't changing things at all. We got a good thing going!
I'm glad your bishop.is,strict on this Knit ...But it should be all over the country and world..that's why IMO the Pope should intervene .
He could make a huge difference ..some legislators would think twice before voting ..

Albuquerque, NM

#475224 Sep 6, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhm, okay. I'll take this as a compliment. Thanks!
<quoted text>
Untrue. I call you a liar and hypocrite, because of what you and other so-called "Christians" say.
I'm just making sure you see your own words as I do. Hypocritical and false.
You are the one who think men can define an infallible being, not me. Since you got this from men, I understand completely how deluded you are within and illusion created by those men.
It's not being hypocritical, it is being truthful.
<quoted text>
I do, but since this is a debate forum, stating the RCC is teh true church, I disagree, and have shown plenty of evidence and support to show that they aren't. In fact, the information I've provided clearly shows Christianity as a whole, is false.
<quoted text>
No, I don't. Please explain your version to me, as I jsut did mine above.
<quoted text>
I understand that you have to call others names, because you can't answer the questions. No problem. You can call me anything you wish, as I and you (deep down) know that what you said isn't true.
This is how dismay rears its ugly head. First you refuse to answer the questions asked, and then you wallow in men.
No problem FoL - you are still a hypocrite and liar.
Until you can own this yourself, you will always remain ignorant to what Jesus taught and why he taught it.
Self. Don't you just love the many aspects of it?
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
You aint got much of a life do you?
I am not the least bitinterested in your new age stuff.
Get a clue.
"You aint got much of a life do you?"
- I have a wonderful life. Beautiful wife and kids. I love my dog, cats and pretty much everyone I'm involved with daily.

"I am not the least bitinterested in your new age stuff.
Get a clue."
- I didn't ask if you were.
- And I do have quite the number of clues - that is why I am posting them for you and others to see what fallacies you've been upholding. People like you need to understand that people like me will not tolerate the bullshite man has done to society - continuous promoting lies of who and what Jesus taught.

Watch out FoL - I'm not leaving the forum.

This is another clue for you - your ignorance and arrogance are beginning to show.

Sounds to me, you are in need of repentance for your action against me.

Albuquerque, NM

#475225 Sep 6, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Diocletian wasn't a Catholic.
Books of Arianism weren't scripture.
Athanasius spared scripture. He burnt the library stocked by his non-Christian predecessor. It says so in your post. Elaine Pagels likely wasn't a witness anyway, was she?
Don't you read this stuff before you post it?
He was catholic - which supercedes your version of Catholic.

Accept the truth Dan, the history is secure.

But alas, trying to protect man's virtues is how it always has been, huh?

The arrogance of Christianity.

*sighs*

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#475226 Sep 6, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I agree. Jesus doesn't want us NOT to pray for a person in need.
so continue to Pray for her. she is hurting a lot right now, and I just talked to her dad. we are getting ready to take her back to the hospital as she is dizzy and her head hurts a lot, so she may have a concussion, those are some of the symptoms.
almost every person on here prayed or said they would pray for her and I appreciate that.
Please keep us,updated ...a,concussion is nothing to fool with .

DEAR FATHER ..we ask again for healing for this child ..Preston,Grandaughter ..let your healing hand touch her.

Give wisdom to her doctors .

In Jesus name ..Amen

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#475227 Sep 6, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
RoseSez
Peace
I only offer a possible alternative for your consideration. I am not emphatically insisting that you accept or reject my ideas or thoughts concerning your faith and understanding.
A possible alternative in Act 1:14 is at the end of the passage, the "brothers" were the exclusive group of the known apostles(Remember previously, Jesus stating those who follow me are my brothers.) I understand the need for non-Catholics to put forth the idea that Mary had sons, who were the "brother", in this passage of Acts.
As for Mary being the Co-Redemptrix, it is a hard thing to define, and debate, but the subject matter is difficult. I can see both sides of the issue. And I let it rest in me, in that Mary contributed her flesh, of which Jesus was born. And also, we must actively participate, as the redeemed in our own flesh, which God restores unto us a sinless nature in Christ.
If Mary were without sin, that is the Immaculate Conception, how much better is her redemption? Where we are imperfect in our walk with Jesus, she walked perfectly with him from conception, birth, till death and beyond. It is thus a thing to ponder, as perhaps Mary did....
As I said I'm going to.let that resolve in heaven .. However in the previous passage it lists the disciples who were there BY name ..then the women and Mary and adds,to that the BROTHERS of Jesus .

The BROTHERS PLUS the disciples ...And Mary and the women ..Seems to be specific to.me ..

He had brothers,..And disciples,the brethren of believers,...
truth

Perth, Australia

#475228 Sep 6, 2013
1260 years some evil story

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#475229 Sep 6, 2013
Sounds to me, you are in need of repentance for your action against me.
Snipped of your nonsense.

I did just what the WORD OF GOD say's;

Matthew 10:14
And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

Toodles.

Location hidden

#475230 Sep 6, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
RoseSez
Peace
I only offer a possible alternative for your consideration. I am not emphatically insisting that you accept or reject my ideas or thoughts concerning your faith and understanding.
A possible alternative in Act 1:14 is at the end of the passage, the "brothers" were the exclusive group of the known apostles(Remember previously, Jesus stating those who follow me are my brothers.) I understand the need for non-Catholics to put forth the idea that Mary had sons, who were the "brother", in this passage of Acts.
As for Mary being the Co-Redemptrix, it is a hard thing to define, and debate, but the subject matter is difficult. I can see both sides of the issue. And I let it rest in me, in that Mary contributed her flesh, of which Jesus was born. And also, we must actively participate, as the redeemed in our own flesh, which God restores unto us a sinless nature in Christ.
If Mary were without sin, that is the Immaculate Conception, how much better is her redemption?

Where we are imperfect in our walk with Jesus, she walked perfectly with him from conception, birth, till death and beyond. It is thus a thing to ponder, as perhaps Mary did....
that is nothing but a lie from you Robert.

Mary NEVER walked Perfectly until her death.

SHE DIDNT EVEN KEEP TRACK OF JESUS AND LEFT HIM BEHIND IN JERUSALEM.

THAT IS NOT THE MARK OF A PEFECT PERSON, LET ALONE A MOTHER OF THE MESSIAH.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#475231 Sep 6, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan says......It's apparent to all that you think it a novelty that people don't follow all the rules of their religious teachings.
Michael says. No! I don't think its a novelty. I think it shows the true feelings of catholics who by the most part are disconnecting themselves from the church. You should be finding out why.
When less than 1 in 4 catholics today in america/canada attend mandatory sunday mass, and only 3% attend daily mass, that clearly shows that most catholics have little interest in what the church is teaching today.
Imagine a large corporation and 1 out of every 4 workers didn't go to work everyday. They would be out of business in a hurry. T
Numbers don't lie.
Uh oh, someones all fired up now. His favorite subject is being discussed!
Get help Thomas.

Location hidden

#475232 Sep 6, 2013
the Biblical facts are such that Mary was not deemed to Walk with Jesus and His Disciples. she was at the wedding but He paid very little attention to her. another time, she was outside while He and the disciples were inside having Church. and after the Day of Pentecost came and went, Mary is never ever spoke of again by any of the Writers.

Mary NEVER wrote one Book in the Bible, Never wrote ONE letter that would bless the Heart of any Believer. Never did anything that would Cause the Believer to lift her up concerning our Salvation. So if she did, lets see if any one can post it.lol

as I have Said many times, Mary was a Surrogate mother, and she should not be considered more than that.

The Emphasis in the Bible is Jesus Christ and Him Crucified, no one else is Qualified
Clay

Garden City, MI

#475233 Sep 6, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>the Orthodox Church will not totally reunite IF and when it happens.There will be another spilt.
lol. just how many times can Our Lords Church be divided?
Then, the ones that split from the original split.... will split again, and the next generation will disagree and split with those.
Just like Protestants. The evangelicals are actually Protestants of the protestants, who broke from the other protestants. But who cares, right? Springer is at six. lol

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#475234 Sep 6, 2013

Search
Acts 1:13-14

New International Reader's Version (NIRV) New International Version (NIV)
13 When they arrived, they went upstairs to the room where they were staying. Peter, John, James and Andrew were there. Philip, Thomas, Bartholomew and Matthew were there too. So were James, son of Alphaeus, Simon the Zealot, and Judas, son of James. 13 When they arrived, they went upstairs to the room where they were staying. Those present were Peter, John, James and Andrew; Philip and Thomas, Bartholomew and Matthew; James son of Alphaeus and Simon the Zealot, and Judas son of James.
14 They all came together regularly to pray. The women joined them too. So did Jesus' mother Mary and his brothers. 14 They all joined together constantly in prayer, along with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brothers.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#475235 Sep 6, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
the Biblical facts are such that Mary was not deemed to Walk with Jesus and His Disciples. she was at the wedding but He paid very little attention to her. another time, she was outside while He and the disciples were inside having Church. and after the Day of Pentecost came and went, Mary is never ever spoke of again by any of the Writers.
Mary NEVER wrote one Book in the Bible, Never wrote ONE letter that would bless the Heart of any Believer. Never did anything that would Cause the Believer to lift her up concerning our Salvation. So if she did, lets see if any one can post it.lol
as I have Said many times, Mary was a Surrogate mother, and she should not be considered more than that.
The Emphasis in the Bible is Jesus Christ and Him Crucified, no one else is Qualified
That's because you do not understand enough about scripture to form an opinion on Mary. You don't even know what scripture is, let alone how to interpret it.

Location hidden

#475236 Sep 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because you do not understand enough about scripture to form an opinion on Mary. You don't even know what scripture is, let alone how to interpret it.
seems like I knew it well enough to know where Mary was at during these times.lol

NOT WITH HIM!!!!!!!!

AND I KNEW THAT SOMEONE WOULD ATTACK ME RATHER THAN DISPUTE MY WORDS.

OF COURSE MY WORDS COULDNT BE DISPUTED.LOL

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#475237 Sep 6, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
so continue to Pray for her. she is hurting a lot right now, and I just talked to her dad. we are getting ready to take her back to the hospital as she is dizzy and her head hurts a lot, so she may have a concussion, those are some of the symptoms.
almost every person on here prayed or said they would pray for her and I appreciate that.
Please keep us posted on your granddaughters condition!She remains in Our prayers!!!!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#475238 Sep 6, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
who ever posted those disgusting negative icons on your post Preston,is a disgusting excuse for a human being!
Human Being

Basile, LA

#475239 Sep 6, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said I'm going to.let that resolve in heaven .. However in the previous passage it lists the disciples who were there BY name ..then the women and Mary and adds,to that the BROTHERS of Jesus .
The BROTHERS PLUS the disciples ...And Mary and the women ..Seems to be specific to.me ..
He had brothers,..And disciples,the brethren of believers,...
RoSesz:

Peace

Why put off to eternity?(smile), what you can resolve today?(smiles)

Oh, it may take much time and prayer..., but it does seem to be a rather central topic of concern to many.

The question remains, "Who are Jesus' brothers?"

And don't let Preston's attitude bother you. I don't.

Peace
Human Being

Basile, LA

#475240 Sep 6, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>that is nothing but a lie from you Robert.
Mary NEVER walked Perfectly until her death.
SHE DIDNT EVEN KEEP TRACK OF JESUS AND LEFT HIM BEHIND IN JERUSALEM.
THAT IS NOT THE MARK OF A PEFECT PERSON, LET ALONE A MOTHER OF THE MESSIAH.
Preston

Relax....

I know you have a prejudice against, and a callous disregard for the "MOTHER OF THE MESSIAH".

I shall not debate the issue with you. Just be careful, and do what you must....

Peace

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Oct 11 Married in 10,646
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct 9 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct 2 The Bible Student 81
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep 19 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep '17 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,837
More from around the web