Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 558,843
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
marge

Ames, IA

#474795 Sep 4, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
the link came from Oxbore, nor PAD. sorry for any mixup.
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Who was Demas?| live from thessalonica
demas.wordpress.com/2007/02/04/who-was-demas/ ... ;
Excerpt:“Throughout Scripture we find examples of those who profess Christ, but later turn out not to be saved. One example is Demas.
Impossible to forsake something you never had!!!!!! He quit working with Paul...he left the job....he bugged out....period...
and to get back to Demas, not one person can counter the words of Paul, who spoke highly of him and called Demas a fellowworker, and state that Demas was NOT SAVED. Paul knew if he was saved or not. you cant work closely with someone and not know them very well, especially as sensitive to the Spirit as Paul was.
I think Demas was SAVED.

That means he cannot loose his salvation, maybe you shouldn't say Saved if you don't mean it and leave the Good-news Gospel to us.
marge

Ames, IA

#474796 Sep 4, 2013
Thought that was the whole idea, to get some SAVED.
marge

Ames, IA

#474797 Sep 4, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
You O.S.A.S CHRISTIANS that are divided between serving God and giving place to the devil... FENCE STRADDLERS
NEED TO BE REMINDED...
So your doing what Clay told you to do to us? humm.

And how are we fence straddlers?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#474798 Sep 4, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you,the Apostles talked about those who forsook the Way,and returned to the World.Since we have a Free Will,we are not Robots,but decisions are ever before us.
I John 2:19, "They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us."

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#474799 Sep 4, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>thank you. I hope I can get a picture to show people how dangerous these vehicles are. her moms best friend(and our babysitter years ago) lost her cousin just two days ago because of an accident caused by a 4 wheeler.
Sera, this is what makes a Christian Family, we share the burdens of each other, and pray one for another.
I'm sorry to hear about your grand daughter.
I pray she heals well.

I hate those four wheelers.
My granddaughter drive those things and it worries me.

I know that her parents are watching her,but in a split second something could happen.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#474800 Sep 4, 2013
<quoted text>
WHILE NOTHING CAN SEPARATE US FROM THE LOVE OF GOD...WE CAN
SEPARATE OUR LOVE FROM HIM..
Did your love for him save you? Try reading Romans 5:8...."But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners." Also read Ephesians 2:8-9, 8 "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast."

Read your own statement....WHILE NOTHING CAN SEPARATE US FROM THE LOVE OF GOD...WE CAN SEPARATE OUR LOVE FROM HIM. If nothing can separate us from the love of God how can our lack of love for Him separate us. Your statement makes absolutely no sense in light of Romans 5:8. None whatsoever.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#474801 Sep 4, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
So your doing what Clay told you to do to us? humm.
And how are we fence straddlers?
Marge,it's a repentant way.

A fence staddler is someone who straddeling the fence,tries to have it both ways.

Wants their cake and eat it too.

When it comes to living for the Lord,we cannot straddle the fence.

We are either living for him or not.

Can't have it both ways.

The Lord wants our ALL when it comes to living our life for Him.

We are to set an example to the world of what He did for us.

If we straddle the fence,what will others think of us?

They would call us hypocrites.

We cannot live like the devil and get by with it.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#474802 Sep 4, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Demas was SAVED.
That means he cannot loose his salvation, maybe you shouldn't say Saved if you don't mean it and leave the Good-news Gospel to us.
and that is the difference between me and You. You "think" that demas was Saved, while I know that he was Saved. At least up and until, he walked away from his Salvation because he loved the world more than he loved his soul.

so if you don't mind, I will continue on as a Man of God that stands for what is written, not what adrian rogers or Charles Stanley says what the word means.

which makes you just as bad as the catholic, they aren't allowed to read the Bible nor allowed to understand it. while you just plain cant understand it period

to say that you think Demas was Saved yet he couldn't lose his Salvation is calling God a liar. for the bible says that if a person loves the World(as paul said and wrote), they cant love God.Only a Person such as James the Lords Brother says that, but of course, marge knows much more than Preston and James do.

I, along with James hold the office of Apostles, but we must bow to the higher office of marge.lol

Location hidden

#474803 Sep 4, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
I John 2:19, "They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us."
prove to us that those who were with John were Christians.

John certainly didn't think so, which is different than Paul speaking highly of Demas, who did work with him
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#474804 Sep 4, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I love it!!!!! Congratulations!!!!! You have just called your pope a bald-face liar!!!!
The NABre poop appoved Catlick bible: Church: this word (Greek ekkl&#275;sia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesus’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.
Don't say nuttin' bout no Catholic church...
Like I said before: YOU "fundies" worship God in YOUR WAY!!..I/we as Catholics will "continue" as billions of Catholics, we have for over 2000 years, to worship God in HIS WAY, in and through HIS (biblically and historically PROVEN) One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#474805 Sep 4, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Just goes to show a Catholic cannot have a personal relationship with "God", it has to be with an intermediary.
DOH!!
Where does it say "in the bible" that we have to have a personal relationship with God????????

Location hidden

#474806 Sep 4, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
A fence staddler is someone who straddeling the fence,tries to have it both ways.
Can't have it both ways.
and after working with Paul, demas took his eyes off of the Lord and began to love the world. and the Bible never ever speaks of him again, so we don't read of any Repenting from Demas.

It is a Repenting Way, and the Bible is clear that our Walk is on a narrow Path. in some churches(our Pastor spoke of this tonight) it is taught that a person can live above sin and never sin again after they are Saved and Sanctified. I for one have yet to meet that type of Christian, who Never makes a mistake, any day, every day. all of us stumble, but we can Repent, and ask for Forgiveness and receive it.

I know that you are a Baptist, but I know that your mind and doctrine doesn't agree with Marge fully, as You Always speak that it is a Repenting Way, without fail.

that is not straddling a fence, that is the Biblical Way, and I fully agree with that.

Location hidden

#474807 Sep 4, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does it say "in the bible" that we have to have a personal relationship with God????????
havw you eer read these two words.

[My] God; [My] God; [My] God.

those two words seem to me kinda personal.

pronoun
the nominative singular pronoun, used by a speaker in referring to himself or herself.
marge

Ames, IA

#474808 Sep 4, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't have it both ways.
Your the fence stradder by not siding with us when we have clearly said a, SAVED PERSON WILL SUFFER AT THE HANDS OF GOD WHEN THEY SIN because the Father loves His children.

They lie and continue to lie that we say it's ok to sin.

We warn saved people could get sick or even die with no rewards in heaven if they continue to sin.

Never does the Gospel say a Saved person could lose their salvation.

Pick now whom you shall serve.

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

CHRISTMAS

#474809 Sep 4, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose, we both have a bible, we disagree with what many passages say. The early Church tells us what they say. They heard it from the apostles and who they taught. They don't agree with what you say the passages mean.
Oo

the ONKY passage I keep bringing up is,John 3:16

It doesn't mean what it says??? Very plainly in all versions,I read ..
How,strange .

Now one if the posters,is saying John didn't write it because he died in Jerusalem.

That I do NOT believe ..I do have discernment Anthony ..

I can read ..And understand much more each time I read ..wonder why that is..

About That passage ..please,tell me what YOU think it says ...it's the basis of our faith ..IMO.

We believe because we have faith ..the free gift of Grace ..given nit by the Church ..But by our Lord HIMSELF through HIS SPIRIT ...nit by something we received because we learn prayers,at a certain age and a bishop says,so.

The CHURCH is a great place for worship ...But it dies nit give salvation.

GOD GAVE HIS ONLY SON..THAT IF WE BELIEVE IN HIM ..WE HAVE ETERNAL LIFE .
Or do you deny that ..did the RCC make this,all up..

If not ..we believe the same inspired word of God ..

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#474810 Sep 4, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Why make a tabloid subject OUT OF MARY THE MOTHER OF JESUS...
WHY FOLLOW THE SAME PASTTERN OF the dirty minded old men that the Roman Catholics have followed in exploiting the intimate life of Mary the Mother of Jesus...and her husband...
I WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND...
HOW THAT DRAGGING MARY (the mother of Jesus )THROUGH TABLOID
EXPLOITATION of her sexual behavior CAN BE EDIFYING...it appears to be diametrically apposed to respect or reverence.
WHY DRAG HER THROUGH THE FILTH OF YOUR CARNAL MIND?
Would you like the world to exploit your personal intimate behavior?
WOULD YOU APPRECIATE IT AND DEEM IT TO BE AND ACT OF LOVE, and REVERENCE?
WHILE PRESENTING SUPPOSED LIKENESSES OF HER SACRED HEART...WITH ICONS
THEY REVEL IN THE DISCUSSION HER SEXUAL BEHAVIOR AS IF SHE WAS A COMMON PROSTITUTE..
What? Sorry but you gonna have to chew that one again.
marge

Ames, IA

#474811 Sep 4, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
hey OldJG, i think it about time you took over the senior role as the minister of the True Gospel on this board as Pad Gif and Preston are wishywashy and the younger charles can't stand up for his beliefs for some reason.

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

CHRISTMAS

#474812 Sep 4, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole of scripture is personal .......our belief is personal ..it's
Not done as a group when we reach a certain age ..say certain. Prayers,..receive a sacrament from a priest or bishop at first communion as a group of confirmation as a group ..

Each of us must believe ...one to one ...we trust our Saviuir ..we receive the Spirit ..

We say our prayers ...our hearts cry out to our SAVIOR...ONE BY ONE ..
PERSONALLY ...

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#474813 Sep 4, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The rcc doesn't *need* Mary to be ever virgin. But since she was, we are required to accept it.
And its not just the rcc who believes it. Its all of Christendom- including the first generation of protesters. The last couple hundred yrs saw many strange doctrines introduced by the fundies because they thought every little sentence of our Bible was to be taken as the only deposit of the Christian faith... and their private interpretations were the will of God.
What a disaster!
God did not call Joseph to be her husband so they could enjoy the 'pleasures of sex' like your homosexual community understands sex. Josephs calling was a chaste and Holy calling. He had to protect the most Holy ark that bore forth the word of God made flesh. Its unthinkable that a devout Jew like Joseph, would consider it ok to have sex with this ark, when his ancestors were dropped dead for touching another ark that brought forth the word of God.
God is gonna deposit the Catholic religion into the deepest cell of hell He can find. But in the mean time we shall continue to pray for it's adherents, that God will eventually show the Catholic church the truth.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#474814 Sep 4, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I can remember when Only fish was allowed in the Catholic diet on Friday, and the Catholics believed that "god" would punish them if they dared to behave otherwise.
Superstition has a long history.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
Question: Why do some Jews not eat fish with meat, or fish with dairy?
Rabbi Ari Enkin
Although modern-day medicine and science may beg to differ, the sages of the Talmud were under the impression that eating fish and meat together is extremely dangerous to one’s health. In fact, in those days, there was actually a dermatological condition which was believed to be caused by eating fish and meat together. As such, the rabbis prohibited the consumption of such mixtures, a practice which continues to this day. This ban applies to fowl as well.
http://judaism.about.com/od/orthodoxfaqenkin/...
Well now fish is one food that I avoid like the plague.I refuse to eat anything that smells the way fish does.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says 5 hr cooldude 5
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 9 hr Crazy 8,687
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 9 hr Strel 83,885
Pope to meet victims of Philippines' Haiyan storm Dec 14 ELIAS IBARRA 4
Vatican infighting over NSW priest Dec 14 Rev Tony Abbott 4
Pope Condemns Homosexual Behavior (Dec '08) Dec 14 kent 10,604
Pope says 'paradise is open to all of God's cre... Dec 13 True Christian wi... 2
More from around the web