Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 649826 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#474905 Sep 5, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does it say "in the bible" that we have to have a personal relationship with God????????
How else would you have a relationship with "God"?

Does "God" do seminars?

Your post clearly indicates that you are ignorant and self-righteous.

Albuquerque, NM

#474906 Sep 5, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does it say "in the bible" that we have to have a personal relationship with God????????
But since you asked, in the least you are questioning that which you don't know.

Since it won't be found in the Bible that it is a personal relationship, maybe you can direct me - within the Bible - where I can find where "God" specifically states which texts are inspired and which are not, so I can make sure I am following "God" to the letter.

Albuquerque, NM

#474907 Sep 5, 2013
marge wrote:
I speak to you Non-believers as a whole, The Fact is that when GOD SAVES it's completely and forever.
AND, it's the Most beautiful thing EVER!
Please provide evidence of "the fact" that someone was saved - in the way you have expressed.

I disagree that you have this proof [facts].

If you fail to provide the "facts" will you recant your post and apologize to all of us "non-believers"?

Why do you stereotype individuals into different categories?

Don't you think a person has a right to believe anyway they choose?
- if you did, your comment would never have made it to the forum.

Thanks!
Michael

Canada

#474908 Sep 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Thomas, I'm not positive of my own salvation.. although I humbly believe that if I died today i would be with the Lord. I need to endure til the end like Christ says. I think I can do that as long as I stay close to the Sacraments
btw, nobody is talking about child sexual abuse stuff today, how come you're on here.?!?
Clay says...... although I humbly believe that if I died today i would be with the Lord.

Michael says..

You can humbly believe whatever you like. Its all just wishful thinking.........by the way Purgatory is suppose to be your first stop.

ps the many sexual abuse stories created by catholic clergy were disgusting at the least, and the lieing and deceiving by the rest of the clergy was UNBELIEVABLE! and these were the very issues you always failed to address. I don't believe any loving God would be proud of someone who failed to do his part in expressing his anger at his own leaders for the worst sins committed by many of them.

.......SHAME ON YOU!

Albuquerque, NM

#474909 Sep 5, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I along with GIF can easily say that we are well paid when a person comes to an altar and gives their life to God.
To revel in self-righteousness when this occurs, one can tell that you really have nothing to gain at all.

To even think you 'received payment' is ludicrous and very "self-righteous" as stated above.

Maybe you should be a little more humble padre.

Albuquerque, NM

#474910 Sep 5, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I repeat:
Catholics insist that "church" in Scripture identifies the Roman Catholic Church.
I find no English dictionary, Bible dictionary, Greek lexicon, nor Scripture, that so defines the word "church"....and neither does any Catholic....
So where comes from this hogwash that "church" means Roman Catholic Church?????
You are finally investigating something I've stated for years....

"the so-called 'Church' has never been completely defined."

Funny - in that you will try to promote against one group's definition of the term, but can't seem to support it yourself.

Really?

Albuquerque, NM

#474911 Sep 5, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Its called the Infallible Sacred Word of God: Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
What reason do you have to ignore the Lord's teaching????
Please post the passage from "God" that states that what you have read is the "Infallible Sacred Word of God".

I don't believe you are citing the right texts.

Albuquerque, NM

#474912 Sep 5, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
Those of you that MISTAKENLY think Judas was lost, in your opinion and belief, after Judas repented why,in """"" "your""" """"opinio n did God not forgive him?
According to Jesus in this text, Judas had no need to repent, for he was doing what he was asked to do.

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/lostgospel/...

Why don't you believe Jesus, if you think "God" had to forgive Judas, when it is very clear there wasn't any need?

Albuquerque, NM

#474913 Sep 5, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
And when you answer me about Judas do not quote scripture to me about Judas because I'm intimately familiar with the scripture concerning Judas.
It appears not, if you have to inquire if Judas was "saved" or not.

DOH!

Albuquerque, NM

#474914 Sep 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
ah not exactly. lol. The choice is still mine.
Do you know that Jesus didn't write anything in the Bible? The Gospels are recollections of..... men! Do you believe those men? They said Jesus said to do this and that.
Why do you believe those men?
Ah yes. When struggling while in a corner, without any way out, always divert your actions back to the one who questions why you are in a corner.

Got it.

I don't believe men. I do utilize their opinions to formulate my own belief. Like you and your heresy against the Catholic Church - you've chosen to believe how you want to.

Self is a very far concept from the RCC and Catholicism.

But hey - you won't reject your Self any more than you would reject Catholicism. Unfortunately, with doing so, you become a heretic in the eyes of men within Catholicism, so you avoid it altogether.

Take your diversion tactics elsewhere - they won't work on me.

Try preaching your nonsense to someone more gullible - like children and Protestants.

Albuquerque, NM

#474915 Sep 5, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Being honest and saying you don't know is most truthful and the best policy.
..... How can anyone with common sense born into their particular belief by chance only! have answers to after death knowledge if no one has come back to verify their results?
Almost all religions teach the same thing. Scare the hell out of their followers to keep them believing and in the herd. Some say there is a Jesus, some say Allah, some believe there is a Sasquash, some say there is a bigfoot, or lockness monster some say others. Until one of these spirits in the sky, or invisible monsters from the woods actually appears to all of us, I will continue to sit on the sidelines and not endorse any religious belief or made up monster from the wild.
........its common sense!
LOL

Funny - some poster deemed your post "clueless" "incindiery" and "nuts".

I guess that person doesn't like being truthful and honest.

DOH!!

Albuquerque, NM

#474916 Sep 5, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
marge
The question of OSAS is true or not true, is a difficult question to answer. In a sense we are "trying" to answer for God, which puts one in jeopardy of breaking the first commandment.
Jesus died for all..., these words in the Bible, also have been variously interpreted.
A lot of the issue comes to one's world-view, of what being "saved" means. Does one get a front or back row seat, or standing room only in heaven...?
Perhaps the more emphatic we are with our answer to the question of OSAS, the less truth exists. Instead it may remain a mystery, or a paradox of faith and hope in Jesus Christ.
I do admit - this is one of your more helpful posts to the forum.

Good for you!

Albuquerque, NM

#474917 Sep 5, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
What I keep asking is if the,RCC preserved the scriptures and believe
They are inspired
Why they think it's,wrong to believe,..unless,they don't believe that .
They are the word s,if the,authors,.
One person on here posted that John didn't write John ..etc .
"John" didn't write "John".

The only agreed upon authors of the NT are "Paul" and "Luke" - in their respective texts.

"Paul" - some of the letters ascribed to him
"Luke" - Acts and GoLuke

As for the other texts - no concrete evidence is available to substantiate original authorship for them.

BTW - do you know where "God" specifically states which NT texts are "God inspired" and which are not.

I can't seem to find anything on this.

Albuquerque, NM

#474918 Sep 5, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you think it means,...it seems quite clear to me..
Diversion.

Location hidden

#474919 Sep 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Or you seriously telling me that 'as long as Chuck uses scripture to verify what he believes is sound doctrine' its ok with you? Even if its opposite of what the Apostles and the Lord taught... its ok with you? You're a piece of work.
Did Jesus say "search the scriptures" to figure out what the heck we think His teachings are? Of course not. He started a Church; a teaching Magisterium that would protect truth from generation to generation. In fact, they were doing just fine until you fanatics stole their scriptures and undid the most sacred teachings of the Lord. Its been a doctrinal disaster since.
Like I said, I am in awe of the power of God and His infinite Love for humanity. In spite of everything the protestants did to the Holy Scriptures, God still blesses you when you sincerely pray. God is indeed good.
you are a joke. you provoke fights when there are no fights.

Chuck and I both believe in being Born Again, something that you catholics don't. you are so stupid to think that Jesus endorsed baptizing little babies and you use the fact that children came to him, so your leaders have projected that event into babies an now all of you are all right and "born again".

those that believe in OSAS cant change the Scriptures, yet your catholic church has, with no impunity given it.

chuck and I will make it to Heaven, while you will look up and wonder why they lied to you and caused you to lose your soul

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#474920 Sep 5, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
It means much more than a mere mental assent, or an intellectual acknowledgement of Christ as Saviour. The biblical meaning of "believe" necessitates obedience. To believe means to accept the fullnes of Christ's teaching and to act on it. Read St. James's epistle.
Believe THST God,sent His Only Son so that we might have ETERNAL life..Believe in the,God who sent Him .

Be born Again of water and the,SPIRIT...THE Spirit comes to our hearts,
Soul and spirit ...Not just out heads, I had the head stuff in Catholic
School ..But not the rest ..by rote I learned the prayers ..the theology

My personal belief is that planted a seed that did not grow until I was,born again by the Grace of true,FAITH ..by the power and,Calling of the HOLY SPIRIT ..
THAT'S why I know the sacraments did NOT save Me..they were nice ..But did NOT give me salvation .

So no I don't believe just with my head ..I don't know one CHRISTIAN

here,who says that is what true belief is.

Jesus,took our Sins,to the CROSS...we are washed in His blood ..we repent and hopefully turn from our sins ..if we,err we have and ADVOCATE..
it's not the Pope ..as holy as he may be ..

Location hidden

#474921 Sep 5, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar. You have no clue if Demas was saved or not.
Please provide specific details of how he was saved, and then support your position with historical data that shows he was, as viewed by a witness.
I'll wait for your response.
back at you! prove that demas wasn't saved.

Location hidden

#474923 Sep 5, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
To revel in self-righteousness when this occurs, one can tell that you really have nothing to gain at all.
To even think you 'received payment' is ludicrous and very "self-righteous" as stated above.
Maybe you should be a little more humble padre.
not ONLY US, BUT ALL CHRISTIANS receive a blessing of a person that once was lost but now is FOUND(SAVED).

atemcowboy wrote:

<quoted text>I along with GIF can easily say that we are well paid when a person comes to an altar and gives their life to God.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#474924 Sep 5, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
So what! We ALREADY know, believe and follow the TRUTH and it is in the historically and biblically PROVEN TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church!..... If you can't accept this--it doesn't matter (one iota) to us Catholics!!!!!Go live and believe what you want OX! Quite frankly "we as Catholics --"could care less" as to WHAT you want to believe!!!Go argue with yourself --"In the mirror" OX!!!There is "nothing to discuss or debate" regarding this subject! The TRUTH, has, is and will ALWAYS REMAIN in Jesus Christ and His One TRUE Catholic Church!!!
Hogwash....You have no source, of any kind, to support your lies..

The only true and correct thing you have said on this forum is that your pope is a bald-face liar..

I repeat:
Catholics insist that "church" in Scripture identifies the Roman Catholic Church.

I find no English dictionary, Bible dictionary, Greek lexicon, nor Scripture, that so defines the word "church"....and neither does any Catholic....
doug

Tsumeb, Namibia

#474925 Sep 5, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>not ONLY US, BUT ALL CHRISTIANS receive a blessing of a person that once was lost but now is FOUND(SAVED).
atemcowboy wrote:
a lot of people are christian in name only and not in there deeds:
note you should all go onto the site www.new world order and read through it very carefully and start a discussion .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News WND Anti-Vaxxer Promotion Update 3 hr friend 2
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' 7 hr make Donald Drump... 47
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 20 I Jus Wanna Live ... 10,173
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Jul 9 South Knox Hombre 10
More from around the web