Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658431 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#474887 Sep 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics are born again too.
Your term is much different than non-Catholics.

How are Catholics 'born again'? In other words, what is the difference between a Catholic 'born again' so-called "Christian" and someone who is of another denomination?
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>Frankly, I question whether or not you're born again in the way Christ wills.

As I question you and the Catholics. Jesus tells us to "know yourself" - whereas Catholics rbuke what Jesus stated.
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>I see you falsely accusing me and other Catholics;

Accusing you of what? I accuse you directly of not believing in all of what Jesus taught. This is a fact.

I do undetstand your concern with other non-Catholics and their accusations, so maybe there are items that you could "examine within" to help resolve your anomosity.

"to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God."
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>I see you undoing the Eucharist;

The Eucharist is symbolic - that will never change, no matter how often people refute it. Understanding it is something completely different. So far Christianity has it all wrong.
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>I listen as you pick apart the Church using their scriptures against them.
The so-called "Church" - as related to the RCC or Orthodoxy - has never been defined, and if it is, it was only defined by men.

Using texts to "pick apart' a creation of men, is really irrelevant.

Maybe it is time you turn toward "God", instead of men.
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>The fact that any of you still experience the profound grace of God even though you undid virtually everything the Apostles taught is not do to your man made doctrines, but due to the infinite love God has for you.

Considering Christianity only uses less than six of the original 13 Apostles, you are sitting in the same room as those you admonish.
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>I'm in awe of Gods profound Mercy.

But you'll turn a blind eye to his "mercy" when "He" allows a young girl gang raped multiple times, or when children freeze to death when trying to get home on Christmas.

You see only what you want to see - what men place in front of you.

BTW - that would also be Self.
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>He doesn't deprive you all of some grace and that's amazing.
Uh-huh. Sure.

Why do you believe men?
Michael

Canada

#474888 Sep 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Your salvation ain't up to me.
But the bottom line is you undid the word of God. If you are comfortable with that than so be it. Let your words and actions stand before Him.
Clay says.......Your salvation ain't up to me.

Michael says.....What makes you so positive that your own salvation is bullit proof? Since the beginning mankind has feared the unknown just as you do and will put his entire belief in the hands of unknown people who wrote stuff down 2,000 years ago scaring everyone into believing.
Michael

Canada

#474889 Sep 5, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Through honesty, I've reserved to say where I [my spirit] will end up, BECAUSE I DON"T KNOW!!
But that doesn't mean I don't like to believe it will be in some sort of "paradise", because that would be untrue. I want to beleive we all go to someplace special that is "pure love".
But alas, since I have not died, had any NDEs, or anything, I guess I have to just wait, just like everyone else, but being honest in the manner of what I have said - I don't know.
Again, those who tell you there is a place, are only using their Self to formulate a fantasy, and in truth, they have no idea where they will be going either.
Being honest and saying you don't know is most truthful and the best policy.

..... How can anyone with common sense born into their particular belief by chance only! have answers to after death knowledge if no one has come back to verify their results?

Almost all religions teach the same thing. Scare the hell out of their followers to keep them believing and in the herd. Some say there is a Jesus, some say Allah, some believe there is a Sasquash, some say there is a bigfoot, or lockness monster some say others. Until one of these spirits in the sky, or invisible monsters from the woods actually appears to all of us, I will continue to sit on the sidelines and not endorse any religious belief or made up monster from the wild.

........its common sense!

truth

Perth, Australia

#474890 Sep 5, 2013
evil serve evil
perfect luciferian circle
evil have many face on many place
as well
remember
every spirit is not holy

they can set up many evil as well good things
as miracle like never before

its not coming from god
its belong to possessors and deceivers
why pray for that evil place where evil allredy stay and know..

by
truth

Perth, Australia

#474891 Sep 5, 2013
design is part of creation
smoth silky skin with bones and spirit in within..

its bring me in light
i walk
i talk between them
they don't realize
it is as it is

open wound
they liked died but can't=smooth silky skin

design is part of Creation
remember my son
my words

i walk in this city where nothing exist
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#474892 Sep 5, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Your the fence stradder by not siding with us when we have clearly said a, SAVED PERSON WILL SUFFER AT THE HANDS OF GOD WHEN THEY SIN because the Father loves His children.
They lie and continue to lie that we say it's ok to sin.
We warn saved people could get sick or even die with no rewards in heaven if they continue to sin.
Never does the Gospel say a Saved person could lose their salvation.
Pick now whom you shall serve.
marge

The question of OSAS is true or not true, is a difficult question to answer. In a sense we are "trying" to answer for God, which puts one in jeopardy of breaking the first commandment.

Jesus died for all..., these words in the Bible, also have been variously interpreted.

A lot of the issue comes to one's world-view, of what being "saved" means. Does one get a front or back row seat, or standing room only in heaven...?

Perhaps the more emphatic we are with our answer to the question of OSAS, the less truth exists. Instead it may remain a mystery, or a paradox of faith and hope in Jesus Christ.

Location hidden

#474893 Sep 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Your salvation ain't up to me.
But the bottom line is you undid the word of God. If you are comfortable with that than so be it. Let your words and actions stand before Him.
Chuck has always used the Scripture to verify what he believes is sound doctrine.

therefore he walks in the "light' that he has received. and I have no problem with that, so why should you, a catholic who doesn't believe in being Born Again as chuck and I do, mock his beliefs?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#474894 Sep 5, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a great one to say what you have.
FIRST OFF.....NO ONE CAN UNDO THE WORD OF GOD...
Psa_119:89
For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.
SECONDLY..
Your religious organization has set aside the word of God and
ATTEMPTED TO REPLACE IT WITH YOUR OWN CONJECTURE....
BETTER SWEEP OFF YOU OWN BACK PORCH...
Col 1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
Col 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
Col 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
NOTE
Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and
by him all things consist.
NOTE AGAIN
Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
Col 1:19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;
Col 1:20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.
Col 1:21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled
Col 1:22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:
THIS IS WHERE YOUR RELIGIOUS SYSTEM .. FAILS
Col 1:23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and
be not moved away from the hope of the gospel,
which ye have heard, and
which was preached to every creature which is under heaven;
whereof I Paul am made a minister;
I DO NOT THINK THAT BELIEVING OR NOT BELIEVING IN O S A S IS CRUCIAL
TO ONE'S SALVATION...
BUT
THE RITUALS, CALISTHENICS...ESPECIALLY ...REPLACING THE HOLY GHOST WITH A POPE,
LAYING CLAIM TO A MONOPOLY TO HEAVEN...LYING ABOUT THE
MOTHER OF JESUS
AND WORSHIPING IDOLS...
ARE WILLFUL SINS AGAINST GOD.
What I keep asking is if the,RCC preserved the scriptures and believe
They are inspired

Why they think it's,wrong to believe,..unless,they don't believe that .
They are the word s,if the,authors,.

One person on here posted that John didn't write John ..etc .

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#474895 Sep 5, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure why you feel the need to take my statement and twist it to mean something entirely different. We agree on John 3:16 Rose. We don't agree on what "believing in Him" means.
What do you think it means,...it seems quite clear to me..
Regina

Bloomfield, NJ

#474896 Sep 5, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>

One person on here posted that John didn't write John ..etc .
Is that person Catholic?
truth

Perth, Australia

#474897 Sep 5, 2013
they will offer miracle like never before

serve your evil
evil is evil
not me
neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

n

i walk in this city where nothing exist

Since: Nov 08

usa

#474898 Sep 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
From my perception Jesus didn't write anything because Jesus didn't exist.
All savior myths were stories told by men for men.
Women were too busy cooking meals,(if there was any food available)... cleaning house and washing diapers and trying to survive the birth of the next babies who would grow up and repeat the same suffering for the men of the hierarchies.
again I can't argue with you hear, you could be right, there could of been a person named Jesus (very common name there)and he just claimed to be the son of god, in other words the worlds first religious nut, and he could of been asked questions on which he told stories of ones he heard growing up, we really don't know much about his childhood except that it is believed he killed someone when he was at a young age, now if that is true why didn't he receive the punishment that every murderer received back in those days? I think what is hidden in the vaults of Vatican city are the stories/legends told of his days as a youth,and more, why is it allowed to be hidden? gods words were meant for everyone, not a select few, again reasons I doubt their validity, the true church would share the truth, and that is the last thing they do. since most everything in Vatican city is stolen property, I don't understand why nothing is being done to have the things returned to it's rightful owner? most everything came from Israel, the Israelis have a large enough army to go to Vatican city and reclaim their property. this seems to be the era where everyone wants a war, so why not have a war for a true worthy cause....and until some truth pops up I believe that the real writer or starter of the scriptures was a man called Jesus and penned under the name of mosses, and added himself to the book, when he felt the time was right. and there is the possibility that god was an alien from another planet that visited here, there is some very compelling evidence out there written many many years before any body thought of organized religious groups, and we also know that man was here at least 30 million years ago, the bible states other wise, there are physical facts to prove the possibility of an alien race being here, and not one bit of proof of the single god theory people believe in today.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#474899 Sep 5, 2013
VATICAN CITY (Reuters)- The Vatican has recalled its ambassador to the Dominican Republic and relieved him of his duties pending an investigation, after local media accused him of pedophilia, a spokesman for the Roman Catholic Church said on Wednesday.

The Dominican Attorney General later announced that a special prosecutor had been appointed to investigate Archbishop Josef Wesolowski, who has been nuncio, or ambassador, in the capital Santo Domingo for nearly six years.

Vatican spokesman Father Federico Lombardi said the Holy See had started a probe of Wesolowski and that he had been recalled "in the last few weeks," specifically over the pedophilia accusations.

"He has been relieved of his duties and the Holy See has begun an investigation," Lombardi said when asked about allegations against Wesolowski in the local media.

Wesolowski could not be reached for comment.

Weeks after his election in March as the first non-European pontiff in 1,300 years, Pope Francis announced he wanted the church to root out sexual abuse of children by priests and ensure that abusers are punished.

Monsignor Agripino Núñez Collado, a church official in the Caribbean nation, told reporters the Vatican acted as soon as the pope had been informed of Wesolowski's alleged "missteps."
JETHRO: I posted this because I'm curious to see how franny handles the situation......the molesting scandal is a very well known fact of their guilt all around, that it's not worth talking about any more, but as I said I'm curious to see what Fran does about this guy.
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#474900 Sep 5, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Chuck has always used the Scripture to verify what he believes is sound doctrine.
therefore he walks in the "light' that he has received. and I have no problem with that, so why should you, a catholic who doesn't believe in being Born Again as chuck and I do, mock his beliefs?
Or you seriously telling me that 'as long as Chuck uses scripture to verify what he believes is sound doctrine' its ok with you? Even if its opposite of what the Apostles and the Lord taught... its ok with you? You're a piece of work.

Did Jesus say "search the scriptures" to figure out what the heck we think His teachings are? Of course not. He started a Church; a teaching Magisterium that would protect truth from generation to generation. In fact, they were doing just fine until you fanatics stole their scriptures and undid the most sacred teachings of the Lord. Its been a doctrinal disaster since.
Like I said, I am in awe of the power of God and His infinite Love for humanity. In spite of everything the protestants did to the Holy Scriptures, God still blesses you when you sincerely pray. God is indeed good.
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#474901 Sep 5, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay says.......Your salvation ain't up to me.
Michael says.....What makes you so positive that your own salvation is bullit proof? Since the beginning mankind has feared the unknown just as you do and will put his entire belief in the hands of unknown people who wrote stuff down 2,000 years ago scaring everyone into believing.
Hi Thomas, I'm not positive of my own salvation.. although I humbly believe that if I died today i would be with the Lord. I need to endure til the end like Christ says. I think I can do that as long as I stay close to the Sacraments

btw, nobody is talking about child sexual abuse stuff today, how come you're on here.?!?

Albuquerque, NM

#474902 Sep 5, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Marge,it's a repentant way.
A fence staddler is someone who straddeling the fence,tries to have it both ways.
Wants their cake and eat it too.
When it comes to living for the Lord,we cannot straddle the fence.
We are either living for him or not.
Can't have it both ways.
The Lord wants our ALL when it comes to living our life for Him.
We are to set an example to the world of what He did for us.
If we straddle the fence,what will others think of us?
They would call us hypocrites.
We cannot live like the devil and get by with it.
Then why do you only believe in a small portion of his teachings?

You are a hypocrite.

Why do you believe men?

Where does "God" specifically state which texts are "His" inspiration and which are not?

When you can stop lying to others, then maybe you will be ready for what Jesus actually taught.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#474903 Sep 5, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you think it means,...it seems quite clear to me..
It means much more than a mere mental assent, or an intellectual acknowledgement of Christ as Saviour. The biblical meaning of "believe" necessitates obedience. To believe means to accept the fullnes of Christ's teaching and to act on it. Read St. James's epistle.

Albuquerque, NM

#474904 Sep 5, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>and that is the difference between me and You. You "think" that demas was Saved, while I know that he was Saved.
Liar. You have no clue if Demas was saved or not.

Please provide specific details of how he was saved, and then support your position with historical data that shows he was, as viewed by a witness.

I'll wait for your response.

Albuquerque, NM

#474905 Sep 5, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does it say "in the bible" that we have to have a personal relationship with God????????
How else would you have a relationship with "God"?

Does "God" do seminars?

Your post clearly indicates that you are ignorant and self-righteous.

Albuquerque, NM

#474906 Sep 5, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does it say "in the bible" that we have to have a personal relationship with God????????
But since you asked, in the least you are questioning that which you don't know.

Since it won't be found in the Bible that it is a personal relationship, maybe you can direct me - within the Bible - where I can find where "God" specifically states which texts are inspired and which are not, so I can make sure I am following "God" to the letter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The untold story of Queen Elizabeth I and Islam 21 hr Full Muslim stupid 13
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 22 hr Mr Sir 10,239
News Cardinal tipped to be the next Pope warns of an... Sep 20 Looking down our ... 25
News Catholic schools being closed at alarming rate (Apr '08) Sep 11 Jeremy 158
News The Latest: Walesa misses papal Mass, blames la... Sep 10 Ste 1
News Mother Teresa declared saint by Pope Francis Sep 8 South Knox Hombre 6
News 'Unlikely that Pope Francis will go to Pristina' Sep 8 CCCC 1
More from around the web