Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 589475 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Houston, Canada

#474589 Sep 3, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus spoke to crowds for sure And touched INDIVIDUAL hearts ..But when He healed it was,one on one ..
He,said IF YOU BELIEVE...some did. Some rejected Him .
Every person who heard Him was NOT SAVED ...only those who believed.
The Catholics WROTE that a character named Jesus ... blah, blah, blah.

Jews don't believe that Jesus was or is the real messiah.

I don't believe any of the supposed messiahs created by philosophers were real.

You DEMAND that yours is real ... as it is important to you for your own personalized salvation.

Religions are all based on personalized philosophical human GREED!

"My religion is TRUE ... because 'I' say it's true!!!"

Houston, Canada

#474590 Sep 3, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
He is real. He is God.
You would argue with the faithful Jews that there own religion is a lie and yours is based on truth???

That's not nice!

I suggest you study all the other religions whose adherents also believe their saviors are still coming to rescue them ... and that will humble you to realize that you are standing in a long line of humans waiting for their saviors to arrive.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.

and finally these twenty Jesus Christs (accepting their character for the name) laid the foundation for the salvation of the world, and ascended back to heaven.

1. Chrishna of Hindostan.
2. Budha Sakia of India.
3. Salivahana of Bermuda
4. Zulis, or Zhule, also Osiris and Orus, of Egypt.
5. Odin of the Scandinavians.
6. Crite of Chaldea.
7. Zoroaster and Mithra of Persia.
8. Baal and Taut,“the only Begotten of God,” of Phenicia.
9. Indra of Thibet.
10. Bali of Afghanistan.
11. Jao of Nepaul.
12. Wittoa of the Bilingonese.
13. Thammuz of Syria.
14. Atys of Phrygia.
15. Xamolxis of Thrace.
16. Zoar of the Bonzes.
17. Adad of Assyria.
18. Deva Tat,aud Sammonocadam of Siam.
19. Alcides of Thebes.
20. Mikado of the Sintoos.
21. Beddru of Japan.
22. Hesus or Eros, and Bremrillah, of the Druids.
23. Thor, son of Odin, of the Gauls.
24. Cadmus of Greece.
25. Hil and Feta of the Mandaites.
26. Gentaut and Quexalcote of Mexico.
27. Universal Monarch of the Sibyls.
28. Ischy of the Island of Formosa.
29. Divine teacher of Plato.
30. Holy One of xaca.
31. Fohi and Tien of China.
32. Adonis, son of the virgin Io of Greece.
33. Ision and Quirinus of Rome.
34. Prometheus of Caucasus.
35. Mohammud, or Mahomet, of Arabia.

These have all received divine honors, have nearly all been worshiped as Gods, or sons of Gods; were mostly incarnated as Christs, Saviors, Messiahs, or Mediators; not a few of them were reputedly born of virgins; some of them filling a character almost identical with that ascribed by the Christian’s bible to Jesus Christ; many of them like him, are reported crucified; and all of them, taken together, furnish a prototype and parallel for nearly every important incident and wonder-inciting miracle, doctrine and precept recorded in the New Testament, of the Christian’s Savior. Surely, with so many Saviors the world cannot, or should not, be lost.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#474591 Sep 3, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
When we read the story of Abraham and Isaac in Genesis 22, what happens? Genesis 22:11-13, 11 "But the angel of the LORD called to him from heaven and said,“Abraham, Abraham!” And he said,“Here I am.” 12 He said,“Do not lay your hand on the boy or do anything to him, for now I know that you fear God, seeing you have not withheld your son, your only son, from me.” 13 And Abraham lifted up his eyes and looked, and behold, behind him was a ram, caught in a thicket by his horns. And Abraham went and took the ram and offered it up as a burnt offering instead of his son."
God intervenes and Isaac is spared. But God did not intervene when His only Son was on the altar called the cross dying for you and me. Why? God loved us so much He gave His only Son for us and in Hebrews 9:22 God tells us why His Son had to die. Hebrews 9:22, "Indeed, under the law almost everything is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins."
Romans 6:23, "For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."
The greatest exchange in human history took place at the cross. Jesus took our place. He paid a price we could not pay. Sin had separated us from God. Our only way back to God required a perfect sacrifice. Jesus Christ, a perfect lamb without blemish or defect paid in full the sin debt we owed to God by dying on the cross. His blood is the only bridge we can cross that will finally end this separation.
Our response.....
Romans 10:9-10, 9 "If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved."
1. If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord
2. And believe in your heart God raised him from the dead
3. YOU WILL BE SAVED.
4. For it is believing in your heart that you are made right with
God
5. And it is confessing with your mouth
6. That you ARE SAVED.
Correct. All faithful Catholics believe and profess per Romans 10.

But "believing" is an action, a continuous effort, not just a one time event. The bible says that one can reject their salvation, turn away from God and be condemned. It also says that we are justified by works and not by faith alone.
truth

Perth, Australia

#474592 Sep 3, 2013
you need be correct with your explanation..

did you see ever any man who can produce eletricity cook with his body better then any stove from electricity or gas..

could you imagen
power as love travel instant
without any petrol gas and so on..

'i am within you as neurons as dnk and so on
look in your tiny hand 'N'..

Are you for sure greed and lust can travel how much per hour..where?
truth

Perth, Australia

#474593 Sep 3, 2013
yep
You are right=how much?
how many masters
how many lords
how many gods

it is written
-don't have many Gods before me
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#474594 Sep 3, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
One is,required to believe in every scripture on the subject .
You believe nothing when you are,born .
So the cross isn't enough, we also have to do something?

Houston, Canada

#474595 Sep 3, 2013
Imagine the helpless feeling of the Jews faithful to Judaism back a couple of thousand years ago, when they claimed that the real messiah was yet to come, and they were over-shadowed by the ex-Jews intent on starting a new religion totally foreign to Judaism.

Imagine (if you will) the faithful Jews preaching in their synagogues that a real savior would not turn away from the Jews, but would come to CORRECT those Jews who were intent on starting a new religion.

Religion broke many hearts as it morphed from one strain of dogmatic dictatorship to yet another after another after another.

Joseph Smith with his polygamy claimed to be "restoring" the new testament to it's original truth.

Religion is ALL philosophical human-created BUNK!

Houston, Canada

#474596 Sep 3, 2013
Imagine (if you will) how angry and bitter were the popes, when the Protestants gained power and dissed Catholicism as lies?

Yet the popes committed the same behavior over the Jews.

One had to accept that religion was brutal, and had no connection whatsoever to treating the neighbors with kindness.

And nothing has changed. Each group wants to claim they OWN the one and only truth.

The mental walls built by religious idiocy remain intact as humans choose to stay blind-sighted in the idea that THEY are special to one or another deity.

It seems that such ignorance is indeed forever "bound" to exist.
truth

Perth, Australia

#474597 Sep 3, 2013
imagine
what can you store in your memory
-humans
-animals
-fish birds
-robotic

could you imagen dear God one cell small but not simple..complex cell

as less then child universal marble
which sustain power less then finger sense

Are you for sure dear God..its not exist?

Houston, Canada

#474598 Sep 3, 2013
When I state my belief that no deity would favor humans for being in a specific religion, those that place value ONLY on their own cults state that I am hateful.

Yet, those same people claim that all those in other religions are destined to spend eternity in hell ... and they don't perceive that finger-pointing practice as being at all hateful.

It's amazing how self-service can try to make it's self appear as HOLY.

Amazing!
truth

Perth, Australia

#474599 Sep 3, 2013
no
i don't speak about hate
Are you for sure you speak about that?

it is written
'it will be come who can sustain'

Dear God how you call that?!

Houston, Canada

#474600 Sep 3, 2013
Maybe we should have a vote on which theologian throughout history was the most famous of all theologians.

My guess is it would make at least ONE pack of religious animals ecstatic if they won the title and could in turn there-after brag of their "success."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Classical Greek theology[edit source]

Various forms of systematic and philosophical reflection on Ancient Greek religion and Greek mythology arose in the classical period—from Hesiod's attempts to organize the diverse materials of mythology into a unified Theogony to the more properly philosophical analysis reportedly carried out by Socrates.

Influential texts include:
Hesiod's Theogony (c. 700 BC)
Plato's Timaeus (c. 360 BC)
Aristotle's Metaphysics Book Lambda (c. 330 BC)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_theol...
truth

Perth, Australia

#474601 Sep 3, 2013
it is nothing for God..

God can do anything in Power.

Are you going laying me now?

Houston, Canada

#474602 Sep 3, 2013
Such idiocy is common practice by those in religion.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

the·og·o·ny

Noun

The genealogy of a group or system of gods.

https://www.google.ca/#q=theogony+definition

Houston, Canada

#474603 Sep 3, 2013
Ask the Orthodox Rabbi

In fact, in talmudic times it was believed that rotten fish was good for you!

http://judaism.about.com/od/orthodoxfaqenkin/...

Houston, Canada

#474604 Sep 3, 2013
Of course those who believe in a creator want that creator to "personally" love them.

What good is a religion if it can't supply believers with emotional pleasures???

No good at all!

Houston, Canada

#474605 Sep 3, 2013
Modern Pagans learned about personal pleasure and how to satisfy their own whims.

When the father of Wicca Gerald Gardner stated that the goddess curses homosexuals ... that made many otherwise happy followers of the modernized religion "uncomfortable" with that teaching.

So, when the bi-sexual Alex Sanders took Wicca off into a new direction by claiming the goddess LOVES homosexuals and bi-sexuals ... that put the Wiccans at ease that the goddess was indeed a very loving and worthy entity to worship.

Religion is silly ... but humans are greedy and needy and insist on entertaining the idea that the deities see in them what their egos see in their SELVES.

Religion is BUNK!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#474606 Sep 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The word "Christ" stems from Judaism. The word "Jesus" stems from Catholicism.
Incorrect - again.

Please review this link for Greek notations that did not come through into Topix.
http://www.abarim-publications.com/Meaning/Je...

Jesus

There are five separate individuals named Jesus in the Bible, which is not such a wonder since Jesus is the Greek version of the Hebrew name Joshua (please revert to that name for etymology).

The most famous Jesus, of course, is the semi-biological son of Mary, son-by-law of Joseph and monogenes Son of God (see our article on John 3:16).
Other men named Jesus in the NT are an ancestor of Christ (Luke 3:29), Joshua (Acts 7:45 and Heb 4:8), a fellow worker of Paul named Jesus Justus (Col 4:11) and a Jewish magician who Paul and Barnabas meet on Cyprus, named Bar-Jesus (a Greek transliteration of the Aramaic for Son Of Joshua).

The name Jesus is the Greek transliteration of either the name Joshua or its shortened form Jesuha.

The name Jesus means "Yah Will Save".

Don't you just love it when people like you try to change up the story - or continue in the lie manufactured so long ago?

You and others are why many are so blinded, that they can't see through the bullshite and find the truths that do exist.

DOH!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#474607 Sep 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
So the cross isn't enough, we also have to do something?
Yes.

Please stop putting all the responsibility on Jesus.

Self.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#474608 Sep 3, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
Please stop putting all the responsibility on Jesus.
Self.
?

I happen to agree with you on this point Self.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) 7 hr pazuzu 61
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 9 hr Gee-Tee 9,391
News Pope Francis endorses Catholic climate petition 18 hr Passing thru 8
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) Fri Ephesians 2 - 8 a... 4
News Philippines cardinal worked for peace with Muslims (Apr '14) Fri KristoFMYsagun 10
News Francis expects short papacy Thu ELIAS IBARRA 12
News Pope finds popularity and dissent at 2-year mark Thu ELIAS IBARRA 10
More from around the web