Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658502 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#474826 Sep 4, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
the link came from Oxbore, nor PAD. sorry for any mixup.
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Who was Demas?| live from thessalonica
demas.wordpress.com/2007/02/04/who-was-demas/ ... ;
Excerpt:“Throughout Scripture we find examples of those who profess Christ, but later turn out not to be saved. One example is Demas.
Impossible to forsake something you never had!!!!!! He quit working with Paul...he left the job....he bugged out....period...
and to get back to Demas, not one person can counter the words of Paul, who spoke highly of him and called Demas a fellowworker, and state that Demas was NOT SAVED. Paul knew if he was saved or not. you cant work closely with someone and not know them very well, especially as sensitive to the Spirit as Paul was.
Horse thirds....

If he had indeed been saved, he would never have left his post.....

Same with Judas Iscariot.....he was with Jesus for three years...doing the work of Jesus....his action speaks louder than words....he was as saved as the Pink Rabbit!!!!!

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#474827 Sep 4, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>don't give us that crap, I have always had nothing but contempt for you and your ignorance and have never considered you a Sister nor a saved individual.
which proves that I am not a wishy washy person
Contempt?And you really consider yourself a person that walks in the spirit?

http://www.biblestudytools.com/kjva/galatians...

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#474828 Sep 4, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
"now when a person gets Saved, God gives them a job to do, and He pays them, therefore when they quit, they lose their pay(catch on yet)."
Golly gee whiz!!!! All the time I have mistakenly believed that Salvation was a gift!!!!!!
I owe you one!!!!!
you and I think differently and I thank God for that. I am thinking of Spiritual Payments while you got your mind on something entirely different and worldly.

here is a parable.

The Parable of the Vineyard Workers
…8"When evening came, the owner of the vineyard said to his foreman,'Call the laborers and pay them their wages, beginning with the last group to the first.' 9"When those hired about the eleventh hour came, each one received a denarius. 10"When those hired first came, they thought that they would receive more; but each of them also received a denarius.…

here Jesus is clearly speaking about wages that are given to the Children of God. while on the other hand, the wages of sin is death. Demas , a fellow Laborer with Paul, decided that he didn't want the wages of God and instead chose the wages of sin

I along with GIF can easily say that we are well paid when a person comes to an altar and gives their life to God.

Location hidden

#474829 Sep 4, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said before: YOU "fundies" worship God in YOUR WAY!!..I/we as Catholics will "continue" as billions of Catholics, we have for over 2000 years, to worship God in HIS WAY, in and through HIS (biblically and historically PROVEN) One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church.
I repeat:
Catholics insist that "church" in Scripture identifies the Roman Catholic Church.

I find no English dictionary, Bible dictionary, Greek lexicon, nor Scripture, that so defines the word "church"....and neither does any Catholic....

So where comes from this hogwash that "church" means Roman Catholic Church?????

Location hidden

#474830 Sep 4, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Horse thirds....
Same with Judas Iscariot.....he was with Jesus for three years...doing the work of Jesus....his action speaks louder than words....he was as saved as the Pink Rabbit!!!!!
so you like marge have a higher calling than Paul and myself. and with that higher calling, you know more than Paul that Demas who worked in the Gospel vineyard with him was never saved.

only a person with the IQ of a prosimian would conclude anything like that.

Location hidden

#474831 Sep 4, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
And I have always loved you. God Bless.
so does the devil until I would be lost and then he would laugh the loudest at me.

I don't like you even tho I have tried very hard to.

Location hidden

#474832 Sep 4, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text> Contempt?And you really consider yourself a person that walks in the spirit?
http://www.biblestudytools.com/kjva/galatians...
Just showing her that I am not wishy washy.

and it correspond to the sinful state of your soul also. I have contempt for a person that willfully lives as you do.

take it or leave it, I dont much care what the devil thinks, or his followers and minions

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#474833 Sep 4, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Horse thirds....
Don't you agree that Judas was raised up i.e.,preordained by God to be the one to betray Christ? Andif he was raised up to do what he did then why don't we leave the judging to God as to whether Judas was saved or not. After all,Judas did repent and on repentance if we are sincere God has to forgive. Right?

Location hidden

#474834 Sep 4, 2013
GN.

to much sin on this forum right now.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#474835 Sep 4, 2013
One repents one time.

REPENT AND BELIEVE THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST!

Location hidden

#474836 Sep 4, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Nawww.That won't fly. Christ told the young man togo and sin no more lessworse things come upon him than what he had been delivered of. Yet we are told in another scripture that if we say that we don't sin then we are lying leading me to believe it's virtually impossible for a human to remain totally free from sinning sooner or latter. The Apostle Paul even stated that he sometimes sinned as well. So seems to me that it would have been more feasible of Christ to simply tell them to go and "TRY" not to sin anymore. Wellpay me no mind.The issue is not that serious. I like to read the word of God by using a bit of logic sometimes in my thinking and sometimes some things simply doesn't add up which I don't merely accept anything willy nilly without reasoning it out.
Its called the Infallible Sacred Word of God: Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

What reason do you have to ignore the Lord's teaching????
marge

Leesburg, GA

#474837 Sep 4, 2013
Flo, do you know what 'praying always' means?

Talking with God all day, cling to Him dear sister.
4GVN

Jackson, MO

#474838 Sep 4, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>havw you eer read these two words.
[My] God; [My] God; [My] God.
those two words seem to me kinda personal.
pronoun
the nominative singular pronoun, used by a speaker in referring to himself or herself.
That is six words, Bozo.

Location hidden

#474839 Sep 4, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does it say "in the bible" that we have to have a personal relationship with God????????
The same place where it says:

Thou shalt love thy neighbour's wife as thyself.
Thou shalt love thy neighbour's daughter as thyself.
Thou shalt love thy neighbour's cousin as thyself.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#474840 Sep 4, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Just showing her that I am not wishy washy.
and it correspond to the sinful state of your soul also. I have contempt for a person that willfully lives as you do.
take it or leave it, I dont much care what the devil thinks, or his followers and minions
So in essence what you are saying is that you are this type of Christian huh?

http://www.biblestudytools.com/kjva/matthew/p...

Location hidden

#474841 Sep 4, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Nawww.That won't fly. Christ told the young man togo and sin no more lessworse things come upon him than what he had been delivered of. Yet we are told in another scripture that if we say that we don't sin then we are lying leading me to believe it's virtually impossible for a human to remain totally free from sinning sooner or latter. The Apostle Paul even stated that he sometimes sinned as well. So seems to me that it would have been more feasible of Christ to simply tell them to go and "TRY" not to sin anymore. Wellpay me no mind.The issue is not that serious. I like to read the word of God by using a bit of logic sometimes in my thinking and sometimes some things simply doesn't add up which I don't merely accept anything willy nilly without reasoning it out.
You are naturally stupid!!!

The NT was translated from the Kione Greek.....the English dictionary does not define those words!!!!!!

Location hidden

#474842 Sep 4, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Don't you agree that Judas was raised up i.e.,preordained by God to be the one to betray Christ? Andif he was raised up to do what he did then why don't we leave the judging to God as to whether Judas was saved or not. After all,Judas did repent and on repentance if we are sincere God has to forgive. Right?
I am not judging Judas...Look at my words "If he had indeed been saved, he would never have left his post....."

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#474843 Sep 4, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Its called the Infallible Sacred Word of God: Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
What reason do you have to ignore the Lord's teaching????
You really don't understand the scriptures you quote huh?You have absolutely no idea what the scripture is talkign about when it says lean not unto thine own understanding I see.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#474844 Sep 4, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are naturally stupid!!!
The NT was translated from the Kione Greek.....the English dictionary does not define those words!!!!!!
Take the shackles off my feet so I can dance.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#474845 Sep 4, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not judging Judas...Look at my words "If he had indeed been saved, he would never have left his post....."
Just let it go because if I tried to help open your eyes you would only become even more confused than you already are concerning Judas.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The untold story of Queen Elizabeth I and Islam Sun Full Muslim stupid 13
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sun Mr Sir 10,239
News Cardinal tipped to be the next Pope warns of an... Sep 20 Looking down our ... 25
News Catholic schools being closed at alarming rate (Apr '08) Sep 11 Jeremy 158
News The Latest: Walesa misses papal Mass, blames la... Sep 10 Ste 1
News Mother Teresa declared saint by Pope Francis Sep 8 South Knox Hombre 6
News 'Unlikely that Pope Francis will go to Pristina' Sep 8 CCCC 1
More from around the web