Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603437 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Perth, Australia

#474573 Sep 3, 2013

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#474574 Sep 3, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
I'm puzzled. I get that way sometimes when I meditate on Gods word.
In the Bible Christ told a man whom He had healed of his infirmities to go and sin no more. I'm puzzled as to why Christ would tell someone to sin no more knowing full well that everyone that is in these flesh bodies eventually will sin again.
Scripture even tells us that if we say we don't sin then we are lying.
Why would Christ tell a man to do somethign that He knows full well a mortal is incapable of doing? I'm puzzled.
perhaps Tony, Jesus knew his heart and maybe this man had a sin in his life that only Jesus knew about and for that reason, He spoke those words.

after all, it is difficult, very, for a man that cant get around to do very much wrong to anyone.
Clay

United States

#474575 Sep 3, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Church -made up of all who are "in " Christ, and are all over. Some within the horrible catholic faith, baptist, methodist, church of the Holy trinity in Jesus name ye be baptized and brought from death to life tabernacle of the light church :) etc.......plus many who don't attend any "church " as we know it, but were added to the only "church " that matters when all is said and done.
Praise be to the only name given where by we must be saved, Christ Jesus :)
The fundamental Christian starts off with a false premise. They believe a group of Christians first read the Bible, then formed a church based on those set writings from the Apostles. This group saw Matthew 16:18 and supposedly decided to make Peter the first Pope and so on and so on. That's your scenario on the inception of the Catholic Church. The truth is the truth. First came the Catholic Church, then came the Bible. The Church was in place even before the Jews decided on an official Jewish canon of scripture.
The Christian canon was stamped in the 4th century at the council of hippo. This fact destroys sola scripture and sends fundamentalism in another tailspin. The fundie does the only thing they can do when presented with truth. Ignore it. Pretend Jesus commanded you to privately interpret scripture in order to figure out His Ministry.

Regardless, we should all pray for peace in the Holy Land this Saturday at the urging of Pope Francis.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#474577 Sep 3, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
None of the Catholics answered me when I asked why Catholicism needs to have Mary remain avirgin even after she gave birth to Christ? She would never get to enjoy the gift of pleasure of sex and it seems that that would be unfair for God to force Joseph to take her to wife and then never allow Joseph to render """due benevolence""" to Mary either.
Now why does the RCC need for them both,Mary and Joseph to remain sexless with each other?
~~~
Why make a tabloid subject OUT OF MARY THE MOTHER OF JESUS...

WHY FOLLOW THE SAME PASTTERN OF the dirty minded old men that the Roman Catholics have followed in exploiting the intimate life of Mary the Mother of Jesus...and her husband...

I WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND...

HOW THAT DRAGGING MARY (the mother of Jesus )THROUGH TABLOID

EXPLOITATION of her sexual behavior CAN BE EDIFYING...it appears to be diametrically apposed to respect or reverence.

WHY DRAG HER THROUGH THE FILTH OF YOUR CARNAL MIND?

Would you like the world to exploit your personal intimate behavior?

WOULD YOU APPRECIATE IT AND DEEM IT TO BE AND ACT OF LOVE, and REVERENCE?

WHILE PRESENTING SUPPOSED LIKENESSES OF HER SACRED HEART...WITH ICONS

THEY REVEL IN THE DISCUSSION HER SEXUAL BEHAVIOR AS IF SHE WAS A COMMON PROSTITUTE..
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#474578 Sep 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins.""
Jesus's sacrifice on the cross is what made baptism salvific. If the cross took care of everything, everyone would automatically be saved the minute they're born.
When we read the story of Abraham and Isaac in Genesis 22, what happens? Genesis 22:11-13, 11 "But the angel of the LORD called to him from heaven and said,“Abraham, Abraham!” And he said,“Here I am.” 12 He said,“Do not lay your hand on the boy or do anything to him, for now I know that you fear God, seeing you have not withheld your son, your only son, from me.” 13 And Abraham lifted up his eyes and looked, and behold, behind him was a ram, caught in a thicket by his horns. And Abraham went and took the ram and offered it up as a burnt offering instead of his son."

God intervenes and Isaac is spared. But God did not intervene when His only Son was on the altar called the cross dying for you and me. Why? God loved us so much He gave His only Son for us and in Hebrews 9:22 God tells us why His Son had to die. Hebrews 9:22, "Indeed, under the law almost everything is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins."

Romans 6:23, "For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."

The greatest exchange in human history took place at the cross. Jesus took our place. He paid a price we could not pay. Sin had separated us from God. Our only way back to God required a perfect sacrifice. Jesus Christ, a perfect lamb without blemish or defect paid in full the sin debt we owed to God by dying on the cross. His blood is the only bridge we can cross that will finally end this separation.

Our response.....

Romans 10:9-10, 9 "If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved."

1. If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord
2. And believe in your heart God raised him from the dead
3. YOU WILL BE SAVED.
4. For it is believing in your heart that you are made right with
God
5. And it is confessing with your mouth
6. That you ARE SAVED.
truth

Perth, Australia

#474579 Sep 3, 2013
why every woman is prostitute
7 billions kids on this planet

its man weakness
Jesus Christ say every man why you better.
-pray for your evil accusers

pray for your neighbors in nice suits with nice diploma and speech and nice attitude..
which storage you liked
-drugs
-weapons
duststorm

League City, TX

#474580 Sep 3, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
When we read the story of Abraham and Isaac in Genesis 22, what happens? Genesis 22:11-13, 11 "But the angel of the LORD called to him from heaven and said,“Abraham, Abraham!” And he said,“Here I am.” 12 He said,“Do not lay your hand on the boy or do anything to him, for now I know that you fear God, seeing you have not withheld your son, your only son, from me.” 13 And Abraham lifted up his eyes and looked, and behold, behind him was a ram, caught in a thicket by his horns. And Abraham went and took the ram and offered it up as a burnt offering instead of his son."
God intervenes and Isaac is spared. But God did not intervene when His only Son was on the altar called the cross dying for you and me. Why? God loved us so much He gave His only Son for us and in Hebrews 9:22 God tells us why His Son had to die. Hebrews 9:22, "Indeed, under the law almost everything is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins."
Romans 6:23, "For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."
The greatest exchange in human history took place at the cross. Jesus took our place. He paid a price we could not pay. Sin had separated us from God. Our only way back to God required a perfect sacrifice. Jesus Christ, a perfect lamb without blemish or defect paid in full the sin debt we owed to God by dying on the cross. His blood is the only bridge we can cross that will finally end this separation.
Our response.....
Romans 10:9-10, 9 "If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved."
3. YOU WILL BE SAVED.
God
6. That you ARE SAVED.
Folks, this is the whole end of the matter. You can go home now, knowing that you are lost for all eternity, or, recognizing that fact, you respond by placing. all your trust in the Savior.
Jesus saved me when I was 9, so don't worry about me.
truth

Perth, Australia

#474581 Sep 3, 2013
you don't need fear God
Our lovely God have title of Mercy.
http://biblehub.com/isaiah/41-10.htm

i fill that hand
yee
its bring me in this city
where nice suits and nice diploma lay down on street
as dead body

i walk i talk between them..

i been alive as i am today alive..
truth

Perth, Australia

#474582 Sep 3, 2013
how on heaven its going be on earth
i told you
its bring me in light
you liked be born again in nice silky smooth skin..
i told you what i see

its bring me in light forward
i walk between them
they liked died but can't
open wounds
they liked died but can't
is that your silky smooth skin..

design is part of creation
which creation is smooth silky skin..

speak with me
talk with me

mind..
there is conciseness
in conciseness is part of understanding
part of understanding is part of love..

don't be deceive..

-not even with nice speech
-not even with nice attitude
-not with nice miracle like never before
truth

Perth, Australia

#474583 Sep 3, 2013
Jesus Christ speak about many face on many place.
-its going be revile

mind..its conciseness

every neuron is part within

-humans
-animals
-incarnations
-robotic as innovation

I told you its universal which sustain everything in
loving power.

I told you..i been complete with body hand lags body mind complete on Cross=preserve..its touch everything trough me..i can drove as tiny child..
yee
as child i can drove

Since: Sep 09

Houston, Canada

#474584 Sep 3, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us June what is your religion, according to you we all follow a relgion.
Liar!!! Those who do not believe in the existence of any imaginary god ... including your imaginary god ... are NOT religious. And those that are not religious, are not IN a religion.

Do you believe that lying in defense of your own religious cult, while vilifying all other religious cults ... is aligned to holiness???
Clay

United States

#474585 Sep 3, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
None of the Catholics answered me when I asked why Catholicism needs to have Mary remain avirgin even after she gave birth to Christ? She would never get to enjoy the gift of pleasure of sex and it seems that that would be unfair for God to force Joseph to take her to wife and then never allow Joseph to render """due benevolence""" to Mary either.
Now why does the RCC need for them both,Mary and Joseph to remain sexless with each other?
The rcc doesn't *need* Mary to be ever virgin. But since she was, we are required to accept it.
And its not just the rcc who believes it. Its all of Christendom- including the first generation of protesters. The last couple hundred yrs saw many strange doctrines introduced by the fundies because they thought every little sentence of our Bible was to be taken as the only deposit of the Christian faith... and their private interpretations were the will of God.
What a disaster!

God did not call Joseph to be her husband so they could enjoy the 'pleasures of sex' like your homosexual community understands sex. Josephs calling was a chaste and Holy calling. He had to protect the most Holy ark that bore forth the word of God made flesh. Its unthinkable that a devout Jew like Joseph, would consider it ok to have sex with this ark, when his ancestors were dropped dead for touching another ark that brought forth the word of God.

Houston, Canada

#474586 Sep 3, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<
I'd have to ensure my housekeeper is working that day as well so she can serve and I'd have Christ sitting at the head of the table.
The word "Christ" stems from Judaism. The word "Jesus" stems from Catholicism.

I suggest that the ex-Jew Catholics jumped the Jewish gun and wrote an unnecessary new testament that Jesus was the new messiah. The faithful Jews did NOT agree. The Catholics were interlopers that morphed Judaism off into Catholicism in ORDER to do away with Judaism as truth and claim that Catholicism was the new truth brought to earth by the supposed Catholic supporter ... Jewish Jesus.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

The followers of Jesus became known as Christians (as in Acts 11:26) because they believed Jesus to be the Messiah (Christos) prophesied in the Hebrew Bible

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christ

Houston, Canada

#474587 Sep 3, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Soul food?
I can remember when Only fish was allowed in the Catholic diet on Friday, and the Catholics believed that "god" would punish them if they dared to behave otherwise.

Superstition has a long history.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Question: Why do some Jews not eat fish with meat, or fish with dairy?

Rabbi Ari Enkin

Although modern-day medicine and science may beg to differ, the sages of the Talmud were under the impression that eating fish and meat together is extremely dangerous to one’s health. In fact, in those days, there was actually a dermatological condition which was believed to be caused by eating fish and meat together. As such, the rabbis prohibited the consumption of such mixtures, a practice which continues to this day. This ban applies to fowl as well.

http://judaism.about.com/od/orthodoxfaqenkin/...
truth

Perth, Australia

#474588 Sep 3, 2013
dear God
Whats that mean when you pray?
'come in my mind my conciseness my subconsciousness'

Which prayers can activated that?

Did you ever experience t -shirt you take off before sleep full of electricity as day?

-could you imagen dear god
full power
universe with lots of sun
which sustain
one loving power..
could you drove that..how its look..

Houston, Canada

#474589 Sep 3, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus spoke to crowds for sure And touched INDIVIDUAL hearts ..But when He healed it was,one on one ..
He,said IF YOU BELIEVE...some did. Some rejected Him .
Every person who heard Him was NOT SAVED ...only those who believed.
The Catholics WROTE that a character named Jesus ... blah, blah, blah.

Jews don't believe that Jesus was or is the real messiah.

I don't believe any of the supposed messiahs created by philosophers were real.

You DEMAND that yours is real ... as it is important to you for your own personalized salvation.

Religions are all based on personalized philosophical human GREED!

"My religion is TRUE ... because 'I' say it's true!!!"

Houston, Canada

#474590 Sep 3, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
He is real. He is God.
You would argue with the faithful Jews that there own religion is a lie and yours is based on truth???

That's not nice!

I suggest you study all the other religions whose adherents also believe their saviors are still coming to rescue them ... and that will humble you to realize that you are standing in a long line of humans waiting for their saviors to arrive.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.

and finally these twenty Jesus Christs (accepting their character for the name) laid the foundation for the salvation of the world, and ascended back to heaven.

1. Chrishna of Hindostan.
2. Budha Sakia of India.
3. Salivahana of Bermuda
4. Zulis, or Zhule, also Osiris and Orus, of Egypt.
5. Odin of the Scandinavians.
6. Crite of Chaldea.
7. Zoroaster and Mithra of Persia.
8. Baal and Taut,“the only Begotten of God,” of Phenicia.
9. Indra of Thibet.
10. Bali of Afghanistan.
11. Jao of Nepaul.
12. Wittoa of the Bilingonese.
13. Thammuz of Syria.
14. Atys of Phrygia.
15. Xamolxis of Thrace.
16. Zoar of the Bonzes.
17. Adad of Assyria.
18. Deva Tat,aud Sammonocadam of Siam.
19. Alcides of Thebes.
20. Mikado of the Sintoos.
21. Beddru of Japan.
22. Hesus or Eros, and Bremrillah, of the Druids.
23. Thor, son of Odin, of the Gauls.
24. Cadmus of Greece.
25. Hil and Feta of the Mandaites.
26. Gentaut and Quexalcote of Mexico.
27. Universal Monarch of the Sibyls.
28. Ischy of the Island of Formosa.
29. Divine teacher of Plato.
30. Holy One of xaca.
31. Fohi and Tien of China.
32. Adonis, son of the virgin Io of Greece.
33. Ision and Quirinus of Rome.
34. Prometheus of Caucasus.
35. Mohammud, or Mahomet, of Arabia.

These have all received divine honors, have nearly all been worshiped as Gods, or sons of Gods; were mostly incarnated as Christs, Saviors, Messiahs, or Mediators; not a few of them were reputedly born of virgins; some of them filling a character almost identical with that ascribed by the Christian’s bible to Jesus Christ; many of them like him, are reported crucified; and all of them, taken together, furnish a prototype and parallel for nearly every important incident and wonder-inciting miracle, doctrine and precept recorded in the New Testament, of the Christian’s Savior. Surely, with so many Saviors the world cannot, or should not, be lost.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#474591 Sep 3, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Our response.....
3. YOU WILL BE SAVED.
God
6. That you ARE SAVED.
Correct. All faithful Catholics believe and profess per Romans 10.

But "believing" is an action, a continuous effort, not just a one time event. The bible says that one can reject their salvation, turn away from God and be condemned. It also says that we are justified by works and not by faith alone.
truth

Perth, Australia

#474592 Sep 3, 2013
you need be correct with your explanation..

did you see ever any man who can produce eletricity cook with his body better then any stove from electricity or gas..

could you imagen
power as love travel instant
without any petrol gas and so on..

'i am within you as neurons as dnk and so on
look in your tiny hand 'N'..

Are you for sure greed and lust can travel how much per hour..where?
truth

Perth, Australia

#474593 Sep 3, 2013
yep
You are right=how much?
how many masters
how many lords
how many gods

it is written
-don't have many Gods before me

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 26 min Mr_SKY 84,422
News Pope eases church rule on abortion forgiveness 1 hr Redeemed 13
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Mon 3Way4me 9,681
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory Aug 30 Paul Porter1 421
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 26 Belle Sexton 3
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 25 Abrahamanic Relig... 1
News Pope Benedict is living out old age calmly (Aug '08) Aug 24 The Oracle 73
More from around the web