Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 22,897)

Showing posts 457,921 - 457,940 of512,090
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Judged:

Father in Heaven, please help all that seek you. Guide them with your love and shine your Heavenly light on their path so they may find you sooner than later.Heal all those that are suffering of the body and the mind.Let them be free from pain and suffering.Also Lord,I ask that you heal Nick with your loving hands and keep him in your loving arms. He is a good man and has a lot to offer others in bringing them closer to you.I humbly ask these things in your name..Amen
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
Lord
We give our thanks to you
for providing us
with Christian brothers and sisters
to comfort and support us
and bring us to You
when we are lost in the darkness of this world.
Please help us to stay in unity
with You always the Canter that binds us together.
Amen
I agree in Jesus' Name.There is nothing greater than that we as believers learn to become ONE in Christ,and to fulfill the HOPE of being the Bride of Christ,regardless of our affiliations.

Jesus is our Lord,and we know He will build His Church and the gates of hell will not prevail against it!

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

I would like to repost my original.prayer ..:)

Dear Heavenly Father
Once again we come to you
Laying our hearts,at your feet .
WE,pray for our country
That our leaders,be granted wisdom
As you gave to Solomon
We pray that nothing we,do harms,US,our your children in Israel .
FORGIVE us,here for all of our sins,.And those of our leaders
Please,forgive us,here on this,forum
For all transgressions,said in anger .
We,all believe in the,SAME LORD JESUS CHRIST YOUR
SON ..who was crucified with our sins..died ..And was buried ..ONly to rise in your will
He will come again in Glory .
We ask peace in our hearts,..forgiveness,of our sins .
healing for your children ..especially Kay and Nick.
For healing for ourselves,if we need it .
We ask that our loved one's,know and love you .
THAT ALL EVIL BE GONE FROM US...AND OUR LOVED ONES,AND COUNTRY
And we ask FATHER that your WORD OF SALVATION be spread
We ask this in the Matchless Name OF YIUR SON ...OUR SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST ..
Amen

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Judged:

Lord, I also pray that you heal Rose's husband and restore his health.And please provide Rose with the peace and strength to care for him.Also Lord,we pray for Kay speedy recovery and her return home to her husband and family.In Jesus name.. Amen

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Lord help us as we visit this thread,not to bring accusations or condemnation to others ,especially since You are the One we are all debating over,Your life,Your people,Your church.
It is not our place to condemn each other,and we ask for your help to look beyond the criticisms and allow for opinion,even if we disagree.
Everyone who wants to serve You has the capability to allow YOU to do wonders through them,in their lives,and elsewhere,where they work,and who they know.May we open our hearts and minds toward You more often,and restrain from always being right. help us to respect each other more,In Jesus' name!
Amen

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
I would like to repost my original.prayer ..:)
Dear Heavenly Father
Once again we come to you
Laying our hearts,at your feet .
WE,pray for our country
That our leaders,be granted wisdom
As you gave to Solomon
We pray that nothing we,do harms,US,our your children in Israel .
FORGIVE us,here for all of our sins,.And those of our leaders
Please,forgive us,here on this,forum
For all transgressions,said in anger .
We,all believe in the,SAME LORD JESUS CHRIST YOUR
SON ..who was crucified with our sins..died ..And was buried ..ONly to rise in your will
He will come again in Glory .
We ask peace in our hearts,..forgiveness,of our sins .
healing for your children ..especially Kay and Nick.
For healing for ourselves,if we need it .
We ask that our loved one's,know and love you .
THAT ALL EVIL BE GONE FROM US...AND OUR LOVED ONES,AND COUNTRY
And we ask FATHER that your WORD OF SALVATION be spread
We ask this in the Matchless Name OF YIUR SON ...OUR SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST ..
Amen
Amen

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
DEAR FATHER .
our brother prays,truly that we need more of your guidance in our leaders.
We look at the news,and see nothing good ..But we know you have us in Your hand ...And,we rest in the Psalm
BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD
We need shelter under your protection Lord
From the world and from our own fears,
Thank you GOD Fir bring there with your SPIRIT WITHIN US.
IN JESUS NAME AMEN
Amen
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Who told you it was the word of God? Who told you to put 66 Books in your Bible?
I have two Jewish Bibles,and neither of them have the Apocrypha in them.The Jewish Bible society has mentioned that they never saw fit to incorporate the Apocrypha into their canon of Scripture.If the Catholic Church does so,it does not do so because the Jews have done it,they acted on their own.I have read articles by Jews especially the Orthodox which state that they believe that the Apocrypha are not part of the inspired works that have been chosen to constitute their Bible.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Thank you Rose and Pad this was a fresh change of pace and we really enjoyed this.GBU both!
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Judged:

Thank you everyone,I must depart from this forum right now.May the Lord richly bless you all,and keep you from falling,as He loves you with an everlasting Love! DAN!

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Judged:

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Lord help us as we visit this thread,not to bring accusations or condemnation to others ,especially since You are the One we are all debating over,Your life,Your people,Your church.
It is not our place to condemn each other,and we ask for your help to look beyond the criticisms and allow for opinion,even if we disagree.
Everyone who wants to serve You has the capability to allow YOU to do wonders through them,in their lives,and elsewhere,where they work,and who they know.May we open our hearts and minds toward You more often,and restrain from always being right. help us to respect each other more,In Jesus' name!
In Jesus,name .

HELP US,remember we are brothers,and sisters, in Christ .

Any mysteries,you will show us when the time comes,

And dissent you will vanquish when we meet you ...as,all that matters is that we know and love You as Saviour ..amen

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Seraphima wrote:
Thank you Rose and Pad this was a fresh change of pace and we really enjoyed this.GBU both!
Me too

I love that Curtis,Mayfield link I posted ..we a 'll need to be ready when He comes ..

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Seraphima wrote:
An hour spent praying with our brothers,and sisters..what a wonderful..way to end the week ..yes??'

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Pad wrote:
Thank you everyone,I must depart from this forum right now.May the Lord richly bless you all,and keep you from falling,as He loves you with an everlasting Love! DAN!
Thanks,Dan and God bless you ..

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>atemcowboy says you became an atheist,does not sound like you have given in to that line of thinking yet Robert?
By the way you might learn now to not rely on any present day Christian leader as being able to prophesy,and to concern yourself about the outcome of what they prophesy.
It is within the Scriptures that we can base any prophecy on,and it holds the truth,so that no man can change what was said of OLD,and all we can do is wait for the fulfillment of each and every prophecy that is found in the Holy Word. The Pope no doubt has every right to respond to a move from God to prophesy,and you do not need to worry about the outcome,for if he prophesies,he will rely on the Lord to bring it to pass.
here is just one post from robert. there are more and June is the person that outed him.

Robert F

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2009

June VanDerMark wrote:

Why is it, that those who are certain they KNOW that hell, or (at the very least) loss of salvation always pertains to others, are the very same ones who profess to have a certain and clear picture of what happens after death of the physical body?
Could that, by any chance, BE a coincidence?
Greetings June

It is fear that makes the KNOW. Fear of death, and fear of hell, and fear of not making it to heaven.....Religion is based on fear....

Robert

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

here is the forum where he is playing with fire.

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/T675JJ592...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

same link, next page. to bad that PAD left. hey Robert?

Robert F

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2009

June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>
Well hello Robert. And greetings to you!
I agree that organized religion is built on fear.
Trust does not fear the hereafter. And trust does not have a need to preach about what ignorance can not know. Trust is about believing in something awesome, without a need to understand. It is akin to throwing a spiritual rope into the sky, and trusting that it will attach to something incomprehensibly beautiful. The rope will never break, because the trust will never be betrayed.
Just my belief.
Hello June

The way you use the word "trusting" in the above "and trusting that it will attach to something", is more akin to "hoping".

The basic problem as I see it is a question of balancing religion and education. Organized religion can serve as teaching tool, but in the end it all comes down to arguing about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. So, what we need especially here in the States is education.

I am afraid that I have some rather "startling" news. As of late, I have been courting atheism! Yea....Surprise! It was probably only a matter of time. But in my thinking now it is the only way to be open minded and objective....

Robert

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are as blind as a bat and twice as deaf as a stone!!!! And I can prove it!!!
Eph 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
What is the correct definition for the word "church" in that verse????
So when Deborah ( a female ) judged/ruled Israel did she,a female have authority over the males in the nation of Israel? Now if Deborah was allowed """"" BY GOD"""" "to govern Israel,why would Paul come along later and say that he didn't allow women to have authority over men? Remember Paul said that. NOT GOD!

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
same link, next page. to bad that PAD left. hey Robert?
Robert F
Location hidden
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2009
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well hello Robert. And greetings to you!
I agree that organized religion is built on fear.
Trust does not fear the hereafter. And trust does not have a need to preach about what ignorance can not know. Trust is about believing in something awesome, without a need to understand. It is akin to throwing a spiritual rope into the sky, and trusting that it will attach to something incomprehensibly beautiful. The rope will never break, because the trust will never be betrayed.
Just my belief.
Hello June
The way you use the word "trusting" in the above "and trusting that it will attach to something", is more akin to "hoping".
The basic problem as I see it is a question of balancing religion and education. Organized religion can serve as teaching tool, but in the end it all comes down to arguing about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. So, what we need especially here in the States is education.
I am afraid that I have some rather "startling" news. As of late, I have been courting atheism! Yea....Surprise! It was probably only a matter of time. But in my thinking now it is the only way to be open minded and objective....
Robert
I pray he had a true MEETING with God and His Son Jesus,Christ since then :)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
An hour spent praying with our brothers,and sisters..what a wonderful..way to end the week ..yes??'
I agree!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 457,921 - 457,940 of512,090
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••