Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
457,881 - 457,900 of 536,914 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>But Preston,I see that he recently has returned to RCism,and claims to have a personal walk with the Lord.2009 is almost three years ago.I will confront him if he ever comes on here again,Isn't human being Robert F?
Why don't you give it a rest oh holiest of holy. I pray for Robert. He was originally a Protestant and converted to the church. Yes he has gone through deep struggles. Many Saints have also had moments of darkeness or lost their faith or way and sought out something different. Preston would likely have never accepted Paul bringing up his past. No such thing as new with that Loon who thinks he is an Apostle. Preston is a certified nutcase and he doesnt have any discernment. Get Real! LOL Everyone is a liar except him and his fantasties that he chats with God and gets revelations after he googles it. The guy is a gossip and a fraud and not worthy of acknowledgement to feed his Narcissism.

I hope Robert continues to seek and find the Lord and strengthens and grows in his faith and journey to do the will of the Father. I am not going to condemn him while he is finding his way to the Lord. I hope he finds peace and can be an instrument to serve God. Preston could turn antony Flew back into an atheist. God knows Roberts heart and you don't get to tell him what he believes nor do you know his personal struggle. He doesnt spend his time attacking Protestants like you all do the church. He has more patience than everyone on this board combined. You have your beliefs and I have mine. God will judge all in the end. Those who hear him will come and you wont get any converts beating your bibles over peoples heads. It takes conversation none of which has ever occured on these threads. You cant tell someone what they believe. You cant convert a Muslim spouting hate. You seem to like Bishop Sheen. Well read his piece on Mary and and the Muslims. Bishop Sheen was a great Orator loved by Many protestants as well. He had more followers than Rush Limbaugh could dream of.

“Greater Love Than This”

Since: Aug 08

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>yes, HB is Robert.
he posted on this other forum and june outed him ,on this Forum of ours.
Robert is very intelligent, I give him that, but he is very devious and says to You, what he thinks that you want to hear. and then will turn around and say to June what she wishes to hear.
I MUST go with what God has shown me, and I knew he was not what he said he is, and I have called him on this , several years ago.
while he was telling the catholics on this forum, that he was a catholic, he was on other forums saying that he is an atheist.
I guess that you missed CIB's(several weeks ago) post to Robert, when CIB mocked Roberts claim to be a catholic now.
Only the,Lord,knows where he is,coming from ..cowboy ..

I understand going from unbelief to belief ..nit sure,I understand going back and forth ..But it's,his soul ...yes?

I know,in my own life..fir a brief period I read about CAYCE .But I always,believed Jesus,Christ wad the Son of God .And the Savior.

Cache had an odd combination of Christianity mixed EITH his belief I reincarnation ..I only hot into it briefly as it didn't ring true ..But it was interesting ..he really believed he COUKD read past lives..And
That we kept coming back to MSKE US closer to the model Jesus set for us.

Those things can be seductive ..a friend who professes Jesus had this thin g fir that SYLVIA,BRoWN ..She was helping me one day ..had her on the TV ..I said nit in my house. And tried to explain ..THST even if a person was not a charlatan those angels they hear from supposedly are not good ones..honorary she doesn't listen to that garbage any more .

I know she believes ..But has a,lot of other issues ..finally she is seeking Christian counselling ..thank God

Later on when I turned my heart and soul to the Saviour and ACTUALKY Read the bible itself..I realized how foolish Cayce was ..or misguided .

We get this life and eternity ...
Human Being

Oberlin, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>If that is the case,than he sure is screwed up to say the least.But June,says in one post that Robert backslid into Catholicism,because he is afraid of losing his soul,and fears that he will not get into heaven to continue spouting atheism.
Robert needs to make himself clear,because a double-minded man is unstable in all his ways. So I challenge Robert F(Human Being) to set his own record straight.Is he troubled between two decisions?
Pad

Peace.

Yes I am Robert F.,

And I have set the record straight. But for some reason, Preston would prefer a crooked path. I understand why, but it is not for me to say. I prefer each to find out for themselves, as my opinion is of little value.

Myself, I have been on a journey of seeking God. And even in places where I think God is not, He is there.

I have been the Lost Sheep, and Jesus rescued me. Jesus Christ is my Redeemer, Lord, and Savior. There is nothing I can add, which would not complicate, and make crooked such a statement.

I shall not be at greater peace on this earth, though trials and tests await, as Jesus has given me peace.

Peace

“Greater Love Than This”

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you give it a rest oh holiest of holy. I pray for Robert. He was originally a Protestant and converted to the church. Yes he has gone through deep struggles. Many Saints have also had moments of darkeness or lost their faith or way and sought out something different. Preston would likely have never accepted Paul bringing up his past. No such thing as new with that Loon who thinks he is an Apostle. Preston is a certified nutcase and he doesnt have any discernment. Get Real! LOL Everyone is a liar except him and his fantasties that he chats with God and gets revelations after he googles it. The guy is a gossip and a fraud and not worthy of acknowledgement to feed his Narcissism.
I hope Robert continues to seek and find the Lord and strengthens and grows in his faith and journey to do the will of the Father. I am not going to condemn him while he is finding his way to the Lord. I hope he finds peace and can be an instrument to serve God. Preston could turn antony Flew back into an atheist. God knows Roberts heart and you don't get to tell him what he believes nor do you know his personal struggle. He doesnt spend his time attacking Protestants like you all do the church. He has more patience than everyone on this board combined. You have your beliefs and I have mine. God will judge all in the end. Those who hear him will come and you wont get any converts beating your bibles over peoples heads. It takes conversation none of which has ever occured on these threads. You cant tell someone what they believe. You cant convert a Muslim spouting hate. You seem to like Bishop Sheen. Well read his piece on Mary and and the Muslims. Bishop Sheen was a great Orator loved by Many protestants as well. He had more followers than Rush Limbaugh could dream of.
I like,Bishop Sheen ..he had a lot if common sense,as well as faith but wonder what Rush Limbaugh has to do with all this .

He's a smart man ..But not preacher.

I see Preston as a man of God ..

And just as its not our place to judge,Roberts faith ...
Same goes for Preston and his Faith .

See,dust..I can argue on points,..dogma..history..But Ibwoukd never think of judging what is between a,person and His,Saviour ..

I'm telling you ..there is a time coming..when despite our difference ..we may need others who believe in our Lord .

If you negate every one not Catholic ..You ate limiting your allies .

Just a thought ..
this

“Greater Love Than This”

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Therein lies the difference. You define yourself by the church you attend and we define ourselves by the Savior we follow.
Very true ..the,Church I attend did not die on the Cross for me ..neither did the apostles ..though some were martyred for the LORD .

ONLY JESUS was perfect ..only HE was the sacrifice whose blood washes us ..

I can change the Church I attend ..I can attend several or none..I cannot change my Saviour..

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Your church was founded by......CONSTANTINE!!!!! The perversion you call the Catholic church was in fact a mixture of every pagan belief in the Roman Empire combined with true Christianity and the end result is what YOU call the Roman Catholic church. Satan founder your church not the Lord Jesus Christ.
Brilliant deduction old man! He was not satan though....but Constantine was a brilliant strategist and manipulator. I loved his "revelation" about the cross in the sun...how cunning...and such perfect timing. And then how his mother went to Jerusalem and miraculously found the crucifixion site of Jesus. Of course, anyone who denied that as fact would be murdered as a heretic...
You know what else amazes me? "Mark", the first accepted gospel, says "Jesus of Nazareth"...but the village of "Nazareth" didn't even exist until nearly 40 years after his death!
Whoever authored "Mark" could not have even been a contemporary of Jesus, or never even been in the area, or he would have known that.
And why do christians' always end their prayers with the Egyptian god of life and reproduction's name? It means "the utterance of Amen /Amon". Surely, they would use a different reference...

“Greater Love Than This”

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I have to leave,but I just wanted to say it was great praying with you,Seraphima and Nick.They are really quite a couple,they will make a big difference no matter wherever God places them in life.I love their spirit. RoEze,take care of yourself,and keep believing. Don't ever give up!
Was great praying with you three also ..I agree those two have some
Thing special between them THST has kept them going in adversity ..And to offer us here .

I found this in my reading and saw it with New understanding ..praise God ...for His,Holy Spirit

John 5:24-30
New International Version (NIV)
24 “Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life. 25 Very truly I tell you, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live. 26 For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself. 27 And he has given him authority to judge because he is the Son of Man.
28 “Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice 29 and come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned. 30 By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.

Peace Dan ..see you soon ..God bless you

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

Tony17 wrote:
Question: If Christ the Lord of Glory honor your home and come to your home for dinner,what would you serve Him?
Soul food?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

The Roman Catholic way..........

1324-1384, John Wycliffe, country-England,
church-Lollards

Wycliffe against the doctrine of transubstantiation and the auricular confession, and translated the Bible into English. Forty one years after his natural death, his body was dug up and burned as a heretic and the ashes were thrown into the Swift river.

1415-1416, John Huss, country-Czech Republic, church-Waldenses

He criticized the Roman view of the sacraments, rejected prayers to the saints, indulgences, purgatory, worldly pomp for the church, prayers for the dead. He was burned at the stake in 1415 and his ashes thrown into the Rhine river.

1484-1529, Ulrich Zwingli, country-Switzerland, church-Anabaptists

Denounced the sale of indulgences. Religious relics were burned, removed icons, ceremonial processions and adoration of saints were abolished, priests and monks were released from their vows of celibacy, and the Mass was replaced by a simpler communion service. Characterized generally by believers' baptism, refusal of infant baptism, an emphasis on piety and good works, an aversion to the state-run churches. Executed in 1529 and his body burned and scattered.

Almericus, Martyr for Christ: In the third century a learned man, named Almericus, and six of his disciples, were ordered to be burnt at the stake in Paris for asserting that God was no more present in the sacramental bread than in any other bread; that it was idolatry to build altars or shrines to saints and that it was ridiculous to offer incense to them.

Jean Vallière, Martyr for Christ
The first Protestant martyr in France, was burned at the stake in August of 1523 in Paris.

John Clark, Martyr for Christ
In 1524, in Melden France, John Clark set up a bill on the church door, in which he called the pope the AntiChrist. For this he was repeatedly whipped, and then branded on the forehead. Later he went to Mentz, where he demolished some images, for which he had his right hand and nose cut off, and his arms and breast torn with pincers. He sustained these cruelties with amazing fortitude, and was even sufficiently bold to sing the One hundredth and fifteenth Psalm, which expressly forbids idolatry. After this he was thrown into the fire, and burnt to ashes.

A Baby (One minute old), Martyr for Christ: A baby was stabbed to death right after it was born. The mother was a Protestant killed in childbirth during the St. Bartholomew's Day Massacre. This baby was born alive and immediately stabbed to death. As they entered the new world, the church would baptize the babies before throwing them to wild dogs.

Romanus, Martyr for Christ: Romanus, a native of Palestine, was a deacon of the church of Caesarea at the time of the commencement of Diocletian's persecution. He was condemned for his faith at Antioch. As punishment, he was scourged, put to the rack, his body torn with hooks, flesh cut with knives, face scarred, teeth beaten from their sockets, and his hair plucked up by the roots. Soon after, he was ordered to be strangled, November 17, A.D. 303.

“Greater Love Than This”

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
church-Lollards
Wycliffe against the doctrine of transubstantiation and the auricular confession, and translated the Bible into English. Forty one years after his natural death, his body was dug up and burned as a heretic and the ashes were thrown into the Swift river.
He criticized the Roman view of the sacraments, rejected prayers to the saints, indulgences, purgatory, worldly pomp for the church, prayers for the dead. He was burned at the stake in 1415 and his ashes thrown into the Rhine river.
Denounced the sale of indulgences. Religious relics were burned, removed icons, ceremonial processions and adoration of saints were abolished, priests and monks were released from their vows of celibacy, and the Mass was replaced by a simpler communion service. Characterized generally by believers' baptism, refusal of infant baptism, an emphasis on piety and good works, an aversion to the state-run churches. Executed in 1529 and his body burned and scattered.
Almericus, Martyr for Christ: In the third century a learned man, named Almericus, and six of his disciples, were ordered to be burnt at the stake in Paris for asserting that God was no more present in the sacramental bread than in any other bread; that it was idolatry to build altars or shrines to saints and that it was ridiculous to offer incense to them.
The first Protestant martyr in France, was burned at the stake in August of 1523 in Paris.
In 1524, in Melden France, John Clark set up a bill on the church door, in which he called the pope the AntiChrist. For this he was repeatedly whipped, and then branded on the forehead. Later he went to Mentz, where he demolished some images, for which he had his right hand and nose cut off, and his arms and breast torn with pincers. He sustained these cruelties with amazing fortitude, and was even sufficiently bold to sing the One hundredth and fifteenth Psalm, which expressly forbids idolatry. After this he was thrown into the fire, and burnt to ashes.
A Baby (One minute old), Martyr for Christ: A baby was stabbed to death right after it was born. The mother was a Protestant killed in childbirth during the St. Bartholomew's Day Massacre. This baby was born alive and immediately stabbed to death. As they entered the new world, the church would baptize the babies before throwing them to wild dogs.
Romanus, Martyr for Christ: Romanus, a native of Palestine, was a deacon of the church of Caesarea at the time of the commencement of Diocletian's persecution. He was condemned for his faith at Antioch. As punishment, he was scourged, put to the rack, his body torn with hooks, flesh cut with knives, face scarred, teeth beaten from their sockets, and his hair plucked up by the roots. Soon after, he was ordered to be strangled, November 17, A.D. 303.
The belief in Christ expressed outside the,RCC dates,way before Luther
http://m.youtube.com/watch...

“Greater Love Than This”

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
church-Lollards
That last was a video ..very informative ..

This is a timeline..I'm sure they w would call them.protestants,..however their history goes back to the FIRST DISCIPLES!!!!

http://www.waldensiantrailoffaith.org/history...

“Greater Love Than This”

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

Known as "people of the Book," scripture is what embodied the faith of the Waldensians — they lived by it and died for it. They were tortured, exiled and martyred, and still the faith that drove them from the Alpine Valleys of Italy to the foothills of North Carolina survived. The Trail of Faith is their story — each exhibit bearing witness to the journey that led them, from the time of the apostles, one continent to another in search of religious freedom and a future for their families.
The Waldenses believed the Bible was open to interpretation by everyone and they took seriously the commission to share the message into all the world. For centuries, they sought to serve God, sharing his love and spreading his Word. A peaceful people, they often found themselves at war as they sought to be true to their faith. They worshiped in secrecy for fear of being captured and killed, memorizing Scripture in preparation of their Bibles being burned. More than once, rulers thought them eradicated, but time after time, there arose a remnant to carry on.
A WALK THROUGH WALDENSIAN HISTORY:
c58 - 59 A.D.
Apostles of Christ plant seeds of Christianity in the Waldensian Valleys as they travel across the Cottian Alps into Gaul (France) and other parts of Europe.
839 A.D.
Claudius, Bishop of Turin, is burned at the stake for passionate protests against the Medieval church. In 1805, when Napoleon asks the Moderator of the Waldensian Church,“How long is it since you became an independent church?”— his reply is:“Since the time of Claudius, Bishop of Turin.”
An ancient Confession of Faith of the Waldensians predates Calvin, Luther, and Peter Waldo.
Waldensians escape persecutions in France by fleeing to the Valleys of the Piedmont, and find there like-minded brethren, with whom they enjoy a mutual edification of faith.
Peter Waldo, wealthy merchant of Lyon (France), experiences a spiritual epiphany, divests himself of his wealth — using some to have a few passages of scripture translated from Latin to French. He then takes up the cause of evangelism. He and his followers call themselves “the Poor in Spirit,” but soon become known as “the Poor of Lyon.”
1180's
When Waldo and his followers ignore repeated warnings by the Archbishop of Lyon to stop preaching, their punishment is excommunication and exile. Waldo finds sanctuary among like-minded believers in the Waldensian Valleys of Italy, who buy into his zeal for evangelism and accept him as their leader.
The Poor of Lyon and the Poor Lombards of Northern Italy join forces at Bergamo, gaining greater solidarity for the Waldensian Movement and a stronger organizational framework evangelizing. Ultimately, the School of the Barbas is established to better serve that apostolic mission.
Cataneo’s War against the Waldensians, ignited by Pope Innocent VII’s declaration that “whoever kills a Waldensian will have pardon for his sins and the right to keep any property taken from his victim.”
1487 - 1689
The Waldenses fight 33 wars to defend their faith.
Waldenses join the Reformation at Chanforan and commission Olivetan to translate the Bible into French as their gift to the Reformation.
June 3, 1535
Olivetan’s French Bible is printed at Neuchatel, Switzerland.
Waldensians obtain permission to build their first churches.
The first Waldensian Synod (General Assembly) is held.
The Treaty of Cavour grants Waldensians tolerance of their faith. Though often broken, this treaty signifies that, for the first time, a religious group has earned the right to have a religion different from their ruler.
Charles Emmanuel II, Duke of Savoy, orders removal of the Waldensians from the Piedmont and “reduction of their numbers” to fit the confines of their ancient territorial boundaries in the Valleys.
April 17, 1655

“Greater Love Than This”

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
church-Lollards
The other is a video ..this is a timeline ..going back to
the original disciples

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE
if you don't give me what I want, I'll go elsewhere'.
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC RELIGIOUS SYSTEM DID JUST WHAT YOU ARE CLAIMING CENTURIES AGO..
IT POLLUTED CHRISTIANITY WITH FABLES,
ADDED INVENTIONS FROM THE FIGMENTS OF MANS IMAGINATION,
CONJURED UP CONJECTURE ...CREATED A RELIGION WITH ADMIXTURES OF PAGAN
PRACTICES AND ATTEMPTED TO BURY THE WORD OF GOD UNDER A MOUNTAIN OF
PIOUS PLATITUDES..
The simple message given to receive Christ is ..
JESUS SAID..
Mar_16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Joh_3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Joh_3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Joh_3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
Joh_5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you,
He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me,
hath everlasting life, and
shall not come into condemnation;
but
is passed from death unto life.
___
Act_16:31 And they said,
-->--> Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved,
and thy house. <--<--
Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
all the rest of THAT WHICH THE ROMAN CHURCH TEACHES AND PRACTICES AS MENTIONED ABOVE are
nothing but cosmetic....
that adds nothing but confusion of face..
IT IS ONLY RELIGIOUS CALISTHENICS.
~~~

As apposed to walking by the leadership of the Holy Spirit..

ROMAN CATHOLICS WALK IN THE VANITY OF THEIR MINDS

Eph 4:17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,

Eph 4:18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

Eph 4:19 Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.

CONTINUED

Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
Rom 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

“Greater Love Than This”

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

Known as "people of the Book," scripture is what embodied the faith of the Waldensians — they lived by it and died for it. They were tortured, exiled and martyred, and still the faith that drove them from the Alpine Valleys of Italy to the foothills of North Carolina survived. The Trail of Faith is their story — each exhibit bearing witness to the journey that led them, from the time of the apostles, one continent to another in search of religious freedom and a future for their families.

The Waldenses believed the Bible was open to interpretation by everyone and they took seriously the commission to share the message into all the world. For centuries, they sought to serve God, sharing his love and spreading his Word

HISTORY CONT.

“The Piedmontese Easter.” Italian and French armies, under command of the treacherous Marquis of Pianezza, unleash a massacre of such brutality and barbarism that all of Protestant Europe rises up in protest against the Duke of Savoy and King Louis XIV of France.
Aug. 6, 1663
All Waldensians are declared rebels and condemned to death, but they mount a stalwart defense. Swiss mediators persuade the Duke of Savoy to issue the Patente de Turin (February 24, 1664), once again allowing Waldensians freedom of worship within their Valleys.
Louis XIV demands that his cousin Victor Amadeus II, Duke of Savoy, destroy the Waldensian Church for harboring French Protestants in the Waldensian Valleys.
Jan. 31, 1686
Catinat’s War. Under command of Catinat, Italian and French armies pour into the Valleys, bent on slaughter and rampant destruction. In spite of brave resistance, 9,000 Waldensians are slain and 12,000 men, women, and children are imprisoned (where thousands die). Through Swiss intervention, the 3,000 survivors are allowed to march across the frozen Alps into exile in Switzerland.
Aug. 16, 1689
Pastor Henri Arnaud leads a band of 900 Waldensian fighters in a daring plot to retake their homeland in Italy.
Sept. 1, 1689
“The Oath of Sibaud.” Waldensians pledge loyalty to one another to fight to the death until all their Valleys are reclaimed.
May 23, 1694
Victor Amadeus II issues an edict officially re-establishing the Waldensians in their Valleys and recognizing their religious liberty.
1698 - 1804
Though the wars have ceased, full civil and religious liberty remain elusive for Waldensians, who continue to endure severe restrictions, depending upon which rulers are in control.
General Charles Beckwith visits the Valleys and stays to build schools and personally fund tuition for Waldensian students to attend college in Switzerland.
King Charles Albert is warmly received by the Waldensians on a visit to the Valleys and has a fountain erected in Torre Pellice in their honor.
Feb. 17, 1848
“The Edict of Emancipation,” signed by King Charles Albert grants Waldensians freedom of conscience and worship.
1848 - 1893
Finally the Waldensians enjoy some measure of freedom, without constant fear of marauding soldiers and death. But their lives remain largely restricted to the ghetto of their Valleys.
Italy’s city states are consolidated into one unified country. The Waldensians establish a seminary in Florence, which in 1922 will move to Rome, where it remains today.
Overpopulation and starvation force many Waldenses to leave their beloved Valleys to other countries.
May 29, 1893
The first group of 29 Waldensians arrive in Burke County, founding Valdese, NC.
June 29, 1893
The colonists celebrate the first loaf of bread baked in their new community oven. Funds for the oven were raised by the women visiting nearby churches wearing their traditional Waldensian costume and singing French hymns.
May 8, 1901
Industry comes to Valdese (Waldensian Hosiery Mill), thus ushering in a new age of production and prosperity for both the town and the county.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only is Jesus Christ my common denominator, but His teachings from His Church are. The word of God needs to be protected from error by somebody, right? Your teachings spawned from a couple dudes a few hundred yrs ago. They are not from Christ. The word of God is ever evolving in Protestantland.
Like all former Catholics, you looked at the Church and said,' I won't do that, Pad -even though I desire OSAS- I know its a false teaching; a false sense of security the Devil surely wants us to think.

~~~
YOU WROTE

if you don't give me what I want, I'll go elsewhere'.

THE ROMAN CATHOLIC RELIGIOUS SYSTEM DID JUST WHAT YOU ARE CLAIMING CENTURIES AGO..

IT POLLUTED CHRISTIANITY WITH FABLES,

ADDED INVENTIONS FROM THE FIGMENTS OF MANS IMAGINATION,

CONJURED UP CONJECTURE ...CREATED A RELIGION WITH ADMIXTURES OF PAGAN

PRACTICES AND ATTEMPTED TO BURY THE WORD OF GOD UNDER A MOUNTAIN OF

PIOUS PLATITUDES..

The simple message given to receive Christ is ..

JESUS SAID..

Mar_16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Joh_3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Joh_3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Joh_3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Joh_5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you,

He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me,

hath everlasting life, and

shall not come into condemnation;

but

is passed from death unto life.

___
Act_16:31 And they said,

-->--> Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved,

and thy house. <--<--

Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

all the rest of THAT WHICH THE ROMAN CHURCH TEACHES AND PRACTICES AS MENTIONED ABOVE are

nothing but cosmetic....

that adds nothing but confusion of face..

IT IS ONLY RELIGIOUS CALISTHENICS.

“Greater Love Than This”

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

The Waldenses believed the Bible was open to interpretation by everyone and they took seriously the commission to share the message into all the world. For centuries, they sought to serve God, sharing his love and spreading his Word
58-59AD..apostles PLANT SEEDS OF CHRISTIANITY IN THE VALLEY.....
HISTORY CONT.
“The Piedmontese Easter.” Italian and French armies, under command of the treacherous Marquis of Pianezza, unleash a massacre of such brutality and barbarism that all of Protestant Europe rises up in protest against the Duke of Savoy and King Louis XIV of France.
Aug. 6, 1663
All Waldensians are declared rebels and condemned to death, but they mount a stalwart defense. Swiss mediators persuade the Duke of Savoy to issue the Patente de Turin (February 24, 1664), once again allowing Waldensians freedom of worship within their Valleys.
Louis XIV demands that his cousin Victor Amadeus II, Duke of Savoy, destroy the Waldensian Church for harboring French Protestants in the Waldensian Valleys.
Jan. 31, 1686
Catinat’s War. Under command of Catinat, Italian and French armies pour into the Valleys, bent on slaughter and rampant destruction. In spite of brave resistance, 9,000 Waldensians are slain and 12,000 men, women, and children are imprisoned (where thousands die). Through Swiss intervention, the 3,000 survivors are allowed to march across the frozen Alps into exile in Switzerland.
Aug. 16, 1689
Pastor Henri Arnaud leads a band of 900 Waldensian fighters in a daring plot to retake their homeland in Italy.
Sept. 1, 1689
“The Oath of Sibaud.” Waldensians pledge loyalty to one another to fight to the death until all their Valleys are reclaimed.
May 23, 1694
Victor Amadeus II issues an edict officially re-establishing the Waldensians in their Valleys and recognizing their religious liberty.
1698 - 1804
Though the wars have ceased, full civil and religious liberty remain elusive for Waldensians, who continue to endure severe restrictions, depending upon which rulers are in control.
General Charles Beckwith visits the Valleys and stays to build schools and personally fund tuition for Waldensian students to attend college in Switzerland.
King Charles Albert is warmly received by the Waldensians on a visit to the Valleys and has a fountain erected in Torre Pellice in their honor.
Feb. 17, 1848
“The Edict of Emancipation,” signed by King Charles Albert grants Waldensians freedom of conscience and worship.
1848 - 1893
Finally the Waldensians enjoy some measure of freedom, without constant fear of marauding soldiers and death. But their lives remain largely restricted to the ghetto of their Valleys.
Italy’s city states are consolidated into one unified country. The Waldensians establish a seminary in Florence, which in 1922 will move to Rome, where it remains today.
Overpopulation and starvation force many Waldenses to leave their beloved Valleys to other countries.
May 29, 1893
The first group of 29 Waldensians arrive in Burke County, founding Valdese, NC.
June 29, 1893
The colonists celebrate the first loaf of bread baked in their new community oven. Funds for the oven were raised by the women visiting nearby churches wearing their traditional Waldensian costume and singing French hymns.
May 8, 1901
Industry comes to Valdese (Waldensian Hosiery Mill), thus ushering in a new age of production and prosperity for both the town and the county.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I have to leave,but I just wanted to say it was great praying with you,Seraphima and Nick.They are really quite a couple,they will make a big difference no matter wherever God places them in life.I love their spirit. RoEze,take care of yourself,and keep believing. Don't ever give up!
We share the same thoughts about you.Many times, reading your posts has calmed me and brought me clarity.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

Clay......Your non response to my last post says you are as loss as a goose....

Show me in the definition of the word "church",as found in the English dictionary, where it defines the Roman Catholic church as the church Christ built...

Roman Catholic Church

The Christian church characterized by an episcopal hierarchy with the pope as its head and belief in seven sacraments and the authority of tradition.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
That last was a video ..very informative ..
This is a timeline..I'm sure they w would call them.protestants,..however their history goes back to the FIRST DISCIPLES!!!!
Then again the Waldensian historians and this Baptist Historian disagree with you. You ignored this before as I am sure you will do again, but dont let the truth bother you.

The following is adapted from McGoldrick's chapter on the Waldenses of the 12th and 13th centuries which examines their origins and founder Peter Waldo, their explicit Catholic doctrines and beliefs, a short account of their history, and where they are today (hint: they did later become a Protestant sect, but were never "baptistic" in belief

WHAT DID WALDO AND THE WALDENSES REALLY BELIEVE?

Waldo hoped to gain papal approval for his movement.

On theology proper that is, the doctrine of God, Waldo and his disciples upheld the orthodox Catholic belief in the Trinity and the two natures of Christ. The Waldenses did not imbibe Cathar dualism. The pope, in fact, commended Waldo for opposing the Cathars. Because Waldo's confession of faith is quite specific in its affirmation of loyalty to traditional Catholicism, it bears quoting at length:

WALDO ("Valdesius") CONFESSION OF FAITH : Catholic to the Core

"In the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and of the Blessed and Ever-Virgin Mary. Be it noted by all the faithful that I, Valdesius, and all my brethren, standing before the Holy Gospels, do declare that we believe with all our hearts, having been grasped by faith, that we profess openly that Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are three Persons, one God....

"We firmly believe and explicitly declare that the incarnation of the Divinity did not take place in the Father and the Holy Spirit, but solely in the Son, so that he who was the divine Son of God the Father was also true man from his Mother.

"We believe one Church, Catholic, Holy, Apostolic and Immaculate, apart from which no one can be saved, and in the sacraments therein administered through the invisible and incomprehensible power of the Holy Spirit, sacraments which may be rightly administered by a sinful priest....

"We firmly believe in the judgment to come and in the fact that each man will receive reward or punishment according to what he has done in this flesh. We do not doubt the fact that alms, sacrifice, and other charitable acts are able to be of assistance to those who die.

"And since, according to the Apostle James, faith without works is dead, we have renounced this world and have distributed to the poor all that we possess, according to the will of God, and we have decided that we ourselves should be poor in such a way as not to be careful for the morrow, and to accept from no one gold, silver, or anything else, with the exception of raiment and daily food. We have set before ourselves the objective of fulfilling the Gospel counsels as precepts.

"We believe that anyone in this age who keeps to a proper life, giving alms and doing other good works from his own possessions and observing the precepts from the Lord, can be saved.

"We make this declaration in order that if anyone should come to you affirming that he is one of us, you may know for certain that he is not one of us if he does not profess this same faith." [12]

In a statement of faith submitted to the bishop of Albano, Peter Waldo affirmed his belief in transubstantiation, prayers for the dead, and infant baptism.[13] The famed Baptist historian A.H. Newman drew the only conclusion warranted by the evidence.

"Waldo and his early followers had more in common with...Roman Catholicism than with any evangelical party. His views of life and doctrine were scarcely in advance of many earnest Catholics of the time." [14]

http://www.philvaz.com/apologetics/num3.htm

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••