Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,633
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#474357 Sep 1, 2013
Destined To Be Holy
09012013September 1, 2013
.. it is written,’Be holy, for I am holy’—1 Peter 1:16

We must continually remind ourselves of the purpose of life. We are not destined to happiness, nor to health, but to holiness. Today we have far too many desires and interests, and our lives are being consumed and wasted by them. Many of them may be right, noble, and good, and may later be fulfilled, but in the meantime God must cause their importance to us to decrease. The only thing that truly matters is whether a person will accept the God who will make him holy. At all costs, a person must have the right relationship with God.

Do I believe I need to be holy? Do I believe that God can come into me and make me holy? If through your preaching you convince me that I am unholy, I then resent your preaching. The preaching of the gospel awakens an intense resentment because it is designed to reveal my unholiness, but it also awakens an intense yearning and desire within me. God has only one intended destiny for mankind— holiness. His only goal is to produce saints. God is not some eternal blessing-machine for people to use, and He did not come to save us out of pity— He came to save us because He created us to be holy. Atonement through the Cross of Christ means that God can put me back into perfect oneness with Himself through the death of Jesus Christ, without a trace of anything coming between us any longer.

Never tolerate, because of sympathy for yourself or for others, any practice that is not in keeping with a holy God. Holiness means absolute purity of your walk before God, the words coming from your mouth, and every thought in your mind— placing every detail of your life under the scrutiny of God Himself. Holiness is not simply what God gives me, but what God has given me that is being exhibited in my life.

Bible in One Year: Psalms 135-136; 1 Corinthians 12

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#474358 Sep 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody is running from the title 'Roman Catholic'.
We are just clarifying why the adjective 'Roman' is placed before Catholic. You guys think its a separate Church. In fact, the title came from the Protestants to try and make it separate.
Roman is used to announce the rite being practiced by the diocese of Rome. Catholic Churches in America can rightfully refer to themselves as Roman Catholic if they are practicing the Roman rite. But its not a separate Church than the 22 other Catholic Churches.
The title Roman is not a big deal, except when fanatics try and use it out of context to imply its a separate Church in itself and the Whore of Babylon.
Really, that's just another example in a long line of ignorance and deception embrace by fundies.
So go ahead, Rose. I am a Roman Catholic. I went to Mass this mornin and participated in the Roman rite and liturgy. Although I do plan on attending St. John the Baptist Byzantine Catholic Mass one of these days. I highly doubt I will join that Church. But if I did, I wouldn't be Roman Catholic anymore.
As I said last nite ..before those,who were here prayed ..I did pray on this,.it's not worth bad feeling yo kerp arguing this of all things,..

It's,a,foolish argument as,I used the,word because it's,what I learned from the CHURCH itself ...not as,a,pejorative

Other than that it affects me not at all ..so not going to argue on it .

To me the,Church will always be Roman Catholic.

And,since in Here we discuss,Rome and the Pope a lot ..it seems to fit .

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#474359 Sep 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
The only reason why we're talking about the title Roman Catholic Church is because certain posters on here, can't utter a single reply without stressing Roman. The title of this thread couldn't get it right either.(The Vatican never said it)
We figured its time these guys actually learn what the title means. Its a perfectly fine title, Rose, when used in the proper context. I assure you, Old Gee, Confrint and Pad could care less what the name of the Catholic Church is. To them, it HAS to be Roman, because it better fits their ideology. With the title Roman, you can better associate the Catholic Church with Constantine. You can better argue that its the Whore of Babylon. You can better present the Pope as a Roman Emperor. You can create a perception of a conquering army that'll threaten Bible believing Christians. Lol.
Will Pad, Confrint and Old G acknowledge that that their Roman title was improperly used? Of course not. They tell Catholics what we believe anyway. Why wouldn't they tell us what our name is too?
You are not ignorant.....you are way yonder past ignorant..

This page:
Share:
On this page
Thesaurus
Word Browser
Advertisement (Bad banner? Please let us know)

Roman Catholic Church
n.
The Christian church characterized by an episcopal hierarchy with the pope as its head and belief in seven sacraments and the authority of tradition.

It a new book on the market...its called English dictionary!!!!
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#474360 Sep 1, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Pad
Peace
Preston is Preston. I am impressed with him at in certain ways and times, and I hold no grudge against him. I consider him rather comical and sad at times.
As for my journey into atheism, it was a rather strong one, I admit. But I consider it an introspective look within oneself, and finding nothing. For someone never courageous enough to be tested in their faith, it may be difficult to explain, nor would they understand. So it is not for the weak of faith.
So often the saints dealt within, and call "it" something, such as the darkness within the soul, St John of the Cross calls it the Dark Night of the Soul.
Few Christians go there, as God calls few to go. But it is up the Will of God. But I can say it totally collapsed MY faith, in order for God to rebuild His faith, so that I may become faithful.
It is a sort of journey to exhaustion and finding nothing there. My experience strengthened my faith in the end. It go rid of all the clutter, and clarified my understanding. It brought me from helplessness to strengthened hope in Christ, I had not known before....
As for prophecy. I am not easily swayed. Though I do take my spiritual discernment, and movement of the Holy Spirit most seriously.
Thank you. I hope I have clarified some point for you.
Peace
Dark night of the soul!! I haven't heard that for awhile.
I had a night like that myself, but God never leaves us does He .
His Gentle Spirit always pursues us right to the end.

I just kept praying, even if I felt I was praying to the ceiling.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#474361 Sep 1, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Your father is really proud of you for deriding sons of God and the Gospel Truth in God's Sacred Infallible Bible as "Typical bible only "propagandist" "false and distorted "lying" anti-catholic agenda!" "vindictive, argumentative and hatefilled "bible only buffoons"......
Hang in there....you probably will gain a great reward!!!! Your own pitchfork!!!!!
Who cares what you think or believe!! We ALL know that a majority of your bible only "fundies" don't even agree with you!! So go argue your (anti-catholic) propaganda with your other Protestant (half-truth, half heresy Christians) like yourself...... Anthony, Clay, Regina,Star, and I, including EVERY CATHOLIC on this forum KNOW THE TRUTH! And we will CONTINUE to remain with the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church......That TRUTH has been PROVEN to be TRUE for over 2000 years and (little of NOTHING) that you say as "any truth or credibility to it"!
Clay

United States

#474362 Sep 1, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not ignorant.....you are way yonder past ignorant..
This page:
Share:
On this page
Thesaurus
Word Browser
Advertisement (Bad banner? Please let us know)
Roman Catholic Church
n.
The Christian church characterized by an episcopal hierarchy with the pope as its head and belief in seven sacraments and the authority of tradition.
The dictionary you use is not authorized to define the Church that Jesus started. Besides, Roman made its way into the English language to label the Church and its not going away anytime soon. The Church is the Church.
Jesus Christ- God made manifest- only started one Church. He has only one bride. Private Bible worshipers like yourself, attempt to divide it into 42,000, essentially making a mockery out of His ministry.
finalprophecies

AOL

#474363 Sep 1, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST______

Pad

Rockford, IL

#474364 Sep 1, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>here is just one post from robert. there are more and June is the person that outed him.
Robert F
Since: Dec 06
Location hidden
Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2009
June VanDerMark wrote:
Why is it, that those who are certain they KNOW that hell, or (at the very least) loss of salvation always pertains to others, are the very same ones who profess to have a certain and clear picture of what happens after death of the physical body?
Could that, by any chance, BE a coincidence?
Greetings June
It is fear that makes the KNOW. Fear of death, and fear of hell, and fear of not making it to heaven.....Religion is based on fear....
Robert
I do not like organized religion,anymore than June does,although I do not agree with her anti-God stance naturally.Maybe Robert is trying to meet her half-way to be able to let her know that although he is not for organized religion,and he sees much fear in it that really does not come from God,he can reason with her to not throw the Baby out with the bathwater.

Than again atemcowboy,Robert Fa has been a Muslim and other things as well,it will be up to him to set his own record straight.If he claims atheism,I will strongly disagree with him,and wonder if finally he is dealing with a radical emotional problem,none of us can reason with.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#474365 Sep 1, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
same link, next page. to bad that PAD left. hey Robert?
Robert F
Since: Dec 06
Location hidden
Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2009
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well hello Robert. And greetings to you!
I agree that organized religion is built on fear.
Trust does not fear the hereafter. And trust does not have a need to preach about what ignorance can not know. Trust is about believing in something awesome, without a need to understand. It is akin to throwing a spiritual rope into the sky, and trusting that it will attach to something incomprehensibly beautiful. The rope will never break, because the trust will never be betrayed.
Just my belief.
Hello June
The way you use the word "trusting" in the above "and trusting that it will attach to something", is more akin to "hoping".
The basic problem as I see it is a question of balancing religion and education. Organized religion can serve as teaching tool, but in the end it all comes down to arguing about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. So, what we need especially here in the States is education.
I am afraid that I have some rather "startling" news. As of late, I have been courting atheism! Yea....Surprise! It was probably only a matter of time. But in my thinking now it is the only way to be open minded and objective....
Robert
But Preston,I see that he recently has returned to RCism,and claims to have a personal walk with the Lord.2009 is almost three years ago.I will confront him if he ever comes on here again,Isn't human being Robert F?
Pad

Rockford, IL

#474366 Sep 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Christians and Muslims ought to all backslide into Judaism and stop being anti-Semitic.
Faithful Jews don't practice any other religion than Judaism.
Instead of praising a fake savior ... you people ought to be praising the god Jehovah which is the source of pure unadulterated Judaism.
The Jehovah's Witnesses figured out one part of that issue.... but if they would only stop referring to the their selves as the real Christians and use the title of Jew, they would have the other part of the equation figured out the way it was meant to be when Jehovah was the one and only god and there was no interloper named Jesus in the heavenly Jewish MAP.
June I assume you are from Jewish ancestry?

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#474367 Sep 1, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>But Preston,I see that he recently has returned to RCism,and claims to have a personal walk with the Lord.2009 is almost three years ago.I will confront him if he ever comes on here again,Isn't human being Robert F?
Only Robert and God know ..he says,his focus is the Suffering on the Cross ..

You can fool all the people ..But not Our Lord

Location hidden

#474368 Sep 1, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares what you think or believe!! We ALL know that a majority of your bible only "fundies" don't even agree with you!! So go argue your (anti-catholic) propaganda with your other Protestant (half-truth, half heresy Christians) like yourself...... Anthony, Clay, Regina,Star, and I, including EVERY CATHOLIC on this forum KNOW THE TRUTH! And we will CONTINUE to remain with the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church......That TRUTH has been PROVEN to be TRUE for over 2000 years and (little of NOTHING) that you say as "any truth or credibility to it"!
Your father is really proud of you for deriding sons of God and the Gospel Truth in God's Sacred Infallible Bible as "Typical bible only "propagandist" "false and distorted "lying" anti-catholic agenda!" "vindictive, argumentative and hatefilled "bible only buffoons"......

Hang in there....you probably will gain a great reward!!!! Your own pitchfork!!!!!
Pad

Rockford, IL

#474369 Sep 1, 2013
BillCooperWasRight wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Buddy, The Roman Empire Was Never Defeated!
Personally I Seem To Side With Those Scholars Who Deem Vatican City The "Holy" Roman Empire But, To Lend More Credence To Your Argument, You're Always Looking For A Fight!
Please, No More Cowardly Responses To My REASONABLE Questions!
Now Who's With Me On My Previous Post DAMN IT!
Sorry there is no fast food restaurants here!

Location hidden

#474370 Sep 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The dictionary you use is not authorized to define the Church that Jesus started. Besides, Roman made its way into the English language to label the Church and its not going away anytime soon. The Church is the Church.
Jesus Christ- God made manifest- only started one Church. He has only one bride. Private Bible worshipers like yourself, attempt to divide it into 42,000, essentially making a mockery out of His ministry.
Thanks for proving my words...you are way yonder past ignorant...

Roman Catholic Church
n.

You are not even in the same town the ball game is being played...much less the park!!!!!

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#474371 Sep 1, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>But Preston,I see that he recently has returned to RCism,and claims to have a personal walk with the Lord.2009 is almost three years ago.I will confront him if he ever comes on here again,Isn't human being Robert F?
yes, HB is Robert.
he posted on this other forum and june outed him ,on this Forum of ours.

Robert is very intelligent, I give him that, but he is very devious and says to You, what he thinks that you want to hear. and then will turn around and say to June what she wishes to hear.

I MUST go with what God has shown me, and I knew he was not what he said he is, and I have called him on this , several years ago.

while he was telling the catholics on this forum, that he was a catholic, he was on other forums saying that he is an atheist.

I guess that you missed CIB's(several weeks ago) post to Robert, when CIB mocked Roberts claim to be a catholic now.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#474372 Sep 1, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Only Robert and God know ..he says,his focus is the Suffering on the Cross ..
You can fool all the people ..But not Our Lord
sorry Ros, but Robert cant {fool] all of the people. I have known about his foolishness for several years.

God has given me the [gift] of discernment, and this gift has NEVER failed me.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#474373 Sep 1, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not worried!! But YOU should be!!!
Pad

Rockford, IL

#474374 Sep 1, 2013
Ashlee wrote:
<quoted text> Amen. Jesus is began our church :-) and we are the members. ALL are welcome. Jesus died for all of us sinners. The Holy Spirit will lead those who want to follow him. Truth will be shown. God bless you and all the other faithful and we pray for the mislead and deceived. The hardened of heart still have a chance by the grace of God too :-).
The GRACE of God is undeserved favor,Read John 8:1-11.That story has some interesting points to it.The Pharisees and experts of the law were all about proving a point,but for Jesus it was all about the Person.Also the Pharisees wanted to TRAP Jesus,they purposely orchestrated having a man seek the woman's sexual company,and went to grab her,they brought her before the whole crowd,near the synagogue.She was in total disgrace no doubt,and knew that her days were numbered.She was guilty,and for the Jewish Canon she was to be stoned.

The Pharisees asked Jesus after presenting the woman caught in adultery,and telling Him of her fate,stoning to death,((WHAT DO YOU SAY?)). What would Jesus do? Well it is important that for sexual transgressions in those days and through much of Jewish history,the letter of the law was very complicated.Jews did not have an easy answer for dealing with sexual sin,unless the person was caught in the act. Jesus stunned the audience with a quick and deliberate response: "ALL right,stone her,But let those who have never sinned throw the first stones!" Then He stooped down again and wrote in the dust.

verse 9,When the accusers heard this, they slipped away one by one,beginning with the oldest,until only Jesus was left in the middle of the crowd with the woman.
10 Then Jesus stood up again and said to her,"WHERE are your accusers? Did not one of them condemn you?" 11 "No, Lord," she replied.
AND Jesus said,"Neither do I condemn you.Go and sin no more."

Grace is Jesus who gives to us what we are not able to ever receive from a court of law,or a justice system.

Unless there are men and women who are receiving grace to turn around and go opposite of their sinful paths,all the religious ceremonies and rituals will not bring them to the true everlasting Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.We all need to experience the grace that woman met in Jesus Christ.

Jesus said to the people,"I am the light of the world.If you follow me,you will not be stumbling through the darkness,because you will have the light that leads t o life."
The Pharisees retorted."YOU are making false claims about yourself!"
Jesus replied,"These claims are valid even though I make them about myself.For I know where I came from and where I am going, but you do not know this about me.You judge me with all your human reasoning's and limitations,but I am not judging anyone.
"AND if I did, my judgment would be correct in every respect because I am not alone-I have with me the Father who sent me.
"Your own law says that if two people agree about something,their witness is accepted as fact:
"I am one witness,and my Father who sent me is the other." John 8:12-18.

1. Jesus is full of grace for everyone.
2.He desires us to be full of grace for one another.

The only way we can be filled with grace is to get it from the source Christ,in His Word where all the truth about Him is written.We must fill up on the Word,that is the channel of how the Grace of the LORD is in us.

No religious organization or denomination can give you the grace to operate in Christ,only the reading and embracing the Word,and from that the Holy Spirit will pour into you His Grace.The Father ,Son and Holy Spirit are more than capable of filling every believer in Christ,that is our salvation,our walk,and finally our resurrection into Eternal Life in Him.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#474375 Sep 1, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>yes, HB is Robert.
Robert is very intelligent, I give him that, but he is very devious and says to You, what he thinks that you want to hear. and then will turn around and say to June what she wishes to hear.
I MUST go with what God has shown me, and I knew he was not what he said he is, and I have called him on this , several years ago.
while he was telling the catholics on this forum, that he was a catholic, he was on other forums saying that he is an atheist.
I guess that you missed CIB's(several weeks ago) post to Robert, when CIB mocked Roberts claim to be a catholic now.
If that is the case,than he sure is screwed up to say the least.But June,says in one post that Robert backslid into Catholicism,because he is afraid of losing his soul,and fears that he will not get into heaven to continue spouting atheism.

Robert needs to make himself clear,because a double-minded man is unstable in all his ways. So I challenge Robert F(Human Being) to set his own record straight.Is he troubled between two decisions?
Pad

Rockford, IL

#474376 Sep 1, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>yes, HB is Robert.
You have to remember preston,that Robert originally was RC,and that he went on a quest like so many do.He said that he ventured through many sects,and especially studied eastern religions.For the longest time he cozied up with Islam,and was on their threads,claiming he was one of them.he than claimed that he finally found Christ,although he did say he was born again and a Muslim at the same time.

So much debate back and forth,and recently he talks like a believer once again.When he stated he was considering Atheism,I figured that he must suffer from an emotional problem,and cannot ever come to grips about faith.

But in the long run we all must answer for ourselves.We have the free will to choose,and you know that for sure.However if he is confused at his age,whether he must be a Christian and wants to be an Atheist,I really will pray for him,that he will be honest with himself and God.I will pray that anyway.RoEze is right,he cannot fool God.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope to visit Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia in Turkey 3 min Dander 5
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Mr Sir 8,518
Pope Francis leaves the beatification ceremony ... Mon Belle Sexton 11
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sat ELIAS IBARRA 6
Catholic bishops take first step toward accepta... Oct 16 Mychihuahuawillbite 2
Pope Francis shows strong, unique leadership fo... Oct 15 Gremlin 2
Gradualism and Holiness Oct 15 RevKen 1

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE