Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,309
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#474244 Aug 31, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
From your link.
12. Q. Say the Apostles’ Creed. A. I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth; and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord; who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified; died, and was buried. He descended into hell: the third day He arose again from the dead: He ascended into heaven, and sitteth at the right hand of God, the Father Almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead.
"I
believe in the Holy Ghost,
the{{{{{ Holy Catholic Church,}}}}}}
the communion of Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the
resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen."
I don't see Holy Roman Catholic anywhere.[?!!]
In the words of Hilary Clinton..."What difference does it make"???
:(.
I like to call it Roman Catholic Church, I don't have a problem with that, so what!!!
Churches in Rome.
From KJV
Rom 1
1:5
By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name: 1:5
through whom we have received grace and apostleship bring about the obedience of faith among all the Gentiles for His name's sake,
1:6
Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ: 1:6
Rom 1:
1:7
***TO ALL THAT BE IN ROME, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ
1:8 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of ‘throughout the whole world."
(Universal=Catholic)
http://www.antiochian.org/674

Location hidden

#474245 Aug 31, 2013

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#474246 Aug 31, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
From your link.
12. Q. Say the Apostles’ Creed. A. I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth; and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord; who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified; died, and was buried. He descended into hell: the third day He arose again from the dead: He ascended into heaven, and sitteth at the right hand of God, the Father Almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead.
"I
I like to call it Roman Catholic Church, I don't have a problem with that, so what!!!
Churches in Rome.
From KJV
Rom 1
By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name: 1:5
through whom we have received grace and apostleship bring about the obedience of faith among all the Gentiles for His name's sake,
Rom 1:
***TO ALL THAT BE IN ROME, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ
1:8 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of ‘throughout the whole world."
(Universal=Catholic)
Exactly ..I'm trying to figure,out why folks,run from it ..

HOLY ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH IS,WHAT I LEARNED...as I said ..Catholics nuns,made you memorize the CATECHISM .....I can't say I remember it word fir air ..But I remember that question ...my sister Says, that site brings back memories,for her also .

And she's,still Catholic ..

Thanks Star

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#474247 Aug 31, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
From your link.
"I
Churches in Rome.
From KJV
Rom 1
Rom 1:
(Universal=Catholic)
I'll reply to you ..did they ever Cannonize,Bishop Sheen .
His,website says,He was Roman Catholic

http://www.fultonsheen.com/about

Again not sure,what the others,here,are running from or denying.

Make a,no sense to me .

Have a good dinner
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#474248 Aug 31, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you Regina,it sure,sounded like the book I learned from.
The,CHURCH CALLED ITSELF Holy Roman and,Catholic .
We had to memorize it in my school ..You know,that US,exactly what we
Learned ..AGSIN no idea why you ars denying it..But het it's your conscience ..Not mine ..I'm telling the absolute truth in this .
Two orders,of nuns,..two order s of priests,in different states ..the BISHOP who confirms me .
BISHOP SHEEN ON TV ..the Vatican....all called it HOLY ROMAN AND CATHOLIC..
You want to deny it that's,fine ..no further conversation needed .
I would say examine your conscience ..PEace ...if your memory maybe
A decade of every day recitation and memorization ....tuner the tutelage of the nuns stick things in your heads :)
Then Clay, and Robert, and Dust Storm, and Star, and Hojo, and the rest of the Catholics here should examine their conscience, too, according to you, RIGHT??? After all, they have been telling you the exact same thing. RIGHT???

It has been explained to you ad nauseum, Rose. Accept it and stop spreading error. Then perhaps you should examine YOUR conscience. You have a nice night, now.

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#474249 Aug 31, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
lol....no insults from you at all, no, not much. Funny.
That CATECHISM you keep linking to states that anyone can contribute information to it. It is not an exact duplicate of the Baltimore Catechism, at least not the one used in the late 50s. I could tell by some of the content. Here is what the web site says:
"Catechetics Online is an open community where catechists from throughout the nation add their own content to the website."
I don't consider this to be a reliable source.
The Church is and always has been called the Catholic Church. The rite we practice is the Latin or Roman rite. There are other rites within the Church.
I don't care what you think you know about Catholicism, Rose. You are in error and all the Catholics here have tried on numerous occasions to correct you about this and other matters pertaining to the one, true faith. You refuse to listen and insist we are hiding, denying, being mean, insulting, etc., etc., etc., etc. It is extremely rude and rather foolish since you haven't been a Catholic for decades. After all, it is your conscience...not mine.
I know what the Church teaches and why, I know what her proper name is. You are knowingly spreading error on these forums. Perhaps it would be a good idea for you to stick to what it is your ecclesial community teaches about itself and leave it at that. This way we don't have to keep correcting you as it seems to upset you so much.
I Have never given you a,personal insult ..I told you straight out your post was,not a,very Christian one with the threats,SO DID SEVERAL OTHERS ..other wise I personally am speaking on the topics ..Not you ..
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#474250 Aug 31, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll reply to you ..did they ever Cannonize,Bishop Sheen .
His,website says,He was Roman Catholic
http://www.fultonsheen.com/about
Again not sure,what the others,here,are running from or denying.
Make a,no sense to me .
Have a good dinner
Star also said:

"I

So...she doesn't see Roman Catholic but she doesn't have a problem calling it that...which is fine. As I've been telling you, people do call it that to designate that they belong to the Roman rite Catholic Church. BUT....that is NOT the proper name of the Church Jesus founded.

You're making a big deal out of nothing. We know what our church is called, Rose. It is the Catholic Church. Read the links we provide, read our posts slowly. If you have any questions, let me know.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#474251 Aug 31, 2013
19th Century

In the United States, the use of the term Roman Catholic and indeed the number of Roman Catholics began to grow only in the early 19th century, given that in 1790 there were only 100 Roman Catholics in New York and some 30,000 in the whole of the United States, with only 29 priests.

As the number of Roman Catholics in the United States grew rapidly from 150,000 to 1.7 million between 1815 and 1850 — mostly by way of immigration from Ireland and the German Confederation — many clergy followed to serve this population, and Roman Catholic parishes were established.

The terms "Roman Catholic" and "Holy Roman Catholic" thus gained widespread use in the United States in the 19th century, both in popular usage and within official documents.[16][17][18] In 1866 President Andrew Johnson attended a meeting of the Council of the Roman Catholic Church.

20th Century

American Catholics, who by the year 1900 were 12 million people and had a predominantly Irish clergy,objected to what they considered the reproachful terms Popish and Romish and preferred the term Roman Catholic.

In the early 20th century, the use of the term Roman Catholic continued to spread within the United States and Canada, to refer to individuals, parishes and their schools. For instance, the 1915 Report of the Commissioner of Education of the United States had a specific section for "Roman Catholic Parish Schools".[22] By 1918, legal proceedings in state supreme courts (from Delaware to Minnesota) and laws passed in the State of New York used the term "Roman Catholic parish".

In other words the stigma associated with early history re the term Roman Catholic was removed well before our time.

Location hidden

#474252 Aug 31, 2013
Prayer Time!

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#474253 Aug 31, 2013
I have prayed on this argument

It's,not important what Catholics,call themselves,nor that I know,what prompts them in running away FRIM the,Name they called themselves,.

It's futile ..I used to practice the ROMAN CATHOLIC FAITH.

I do not any more though I have worshipped in Catholic churches,..it's,GIDS,house if believers,Are,there,

Having said that

I would like to say a,prayer in a,few minutes,and hope others,join me in taking our concerns to the,Father in the MATCHLESS name of HIS,SON ..OUR SAVIOUR JESUS,CHRIST ..

PEACE ,
Pad

Rockford, IL

#474254 Aug 31, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I Have never given you a,personal insult ..I told you straight out your post was,not a,very Christian one with the threats,SO DID SEVERAL OTHERS ..other wise I personally am speaking on the topics ..Not you ..
RoSesz,I am here,it is 8PM here in the Midwest,but 9Eastern from your point. I see you are in a discussion?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#474255 Aug 31, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey lady the Church belongs to JESUS! HE founded ONE Church not 40K.
JESUS CAN have but ONE spouse, and that is HIS Catholic Church!!!
Eph 5:23-32
All other churches were founded by mortal-men.. The Baptist church was founded by John Smyth, he is a spin off of another church and so on and on. With their own made up interpretation of Scripture. Did you know that the founder of your church baptisted himself??
SELF BAPTISM by Baptist founder John Smyth
http://churches-of-christ.ws/SM.htm
5/ Smith's self baptism at Amsterdam and the rejection of the baptism at Epworth, this is possibly what is referred to in 3. The issue of Smith's baptism has long been argued but it seems Smith's self baptism was an error he introduced and for which he was dis-fellowshipped. Smith stated "in the Old Testament every man that was unclean washed himself; every priest going to sacrifice washed himself. Every master of a family ministered the Passover to him self and all of his family." He adds: "A man can not baptize others into the church, himself being out of the church. Therefore it is lawful for a man to baptize himself together with others in communion, and this warrant is a periphery for the practise of that which is done by us."
In 1609, Smyth, along with a group in Holland, came to believe in believer’s baptism (as opposed to infant baptism which was the norm at that time) and they came together to form the first “Baptist” church. In the beginning, Smyth was on track with the typical orthodox church position; but as time passed, as was so typical, he began changing his positions. First, Smyth insisted that true worship was from the heart and that any form of reading from a book in worship was an invention of sinful man. Prayer, singing and preaching had to be completely spontaneous. He went so far with this mentality that he would not allow the reading of the Bible during worship “since he regarded English translations of Scripture as something less than the direct word of God.”5 Second, Smyth introduced a twofold church leadership, that of Pastor and Deacon. This was in contrast to the Reformational trifold leadership of Pastor-Elder, Lay-Elders, and Deacons.
Third, with his newfound position on baptism, a whole new concern arose for these “Baptists”. Having been baptized as infants, they all realized that they would have to be re-baptized. Since there was no other minister to administer baptism, Smyth baptized himself and then proceeded to baptize his flock. An interesting note at this point that should be brought to bear is that the mode of baptism used was that of pouring, for immersion would not become the standard for another generation. Before his death, as seems characteristic of Smyth, he abandoned his Baptist views and began trying to bring his flock into the Mennonite church. Although he died before this happened, most of his congregation did join themselves with the Mennonite church after his death.
http://www.reformedreader.org/smyth.htm
Your church was founded by......CONSTANTINE!!!!! The perversion you call the Catholic church was in fact a mixture of every pagan belief in the Roman Empire combined with true Christianity and the end result is what YOU call the Roman Catholic church. Satan founder your church not the Lord Jesus Christ.

Location hidden

#474256 Aug 31, 2013
Lord, I do not know what to ask of You.
You know better than me what my needs are.
You love more than I know how to love.
Help me to see clearly my real needs
which I do not see.
I open my heart to You.
Examine and reveal to me my faults and sins.
I put all trust in You.
I have no other desire than to fulfill Your will. Teach me how to pray.
Pray in me.
Amen
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#474257 Aug 31, 2013
Page 1 of 2

History of the "glorious" Roman Catholic church.
And Jesus was the founder of this cesspool? I don't think so.

January 1992: "Father" Wilson Smart allegedly raped an altar boy years earlier and photographed him without clothes.

February 1992, Wisconsin: "Father" Bruce Hall was tried in Wisconsin for caressing a boy, 12 years of age, during visits to the rectory for counseling.

March 1992, California: "Father" Victor Ubaldi was charged by a San Diego woman for molesting her numerous times when she was a pre and early teenager.

April 1992, California: "Father" Patrick Kelly, aged 71, absconded to Ireland after being charged with molesting a little girl, having been forbidden to remain in the State of California.

May 1992, Arizona: "Father" Mark Lehman was sued by parents in the Diocese of Phoenix, AZ, who claimed he had molested their three children. He had received a ten year prison sentence only one month before for exploiting several other children.

June 1992, Massachusetts: "Father" Richard Lavigne in Shelbourne Falls, MA. was found guilty and jailed for 12 counts of child rape. For months he insisted that the accusations were part of a plot framed by a local group that had left his church.

July 1992, California: "Father" J.T. Monaghan (a retired priest) was charged with taking a 7 year old Sacramento girl, who he was counseling into the kitchen for cookies where he allegedly abused her.

August 1992, Indiana & Illinois: "Father" Patrick White, aldeady under indictment in the State of Indiana for his abuse of boys, was arrested in Illinois for criminal sexual assault of a minor. At the time of his arrest, law enforcement officers found Mr. White destroying snapshots of nude boys.

September 1992, Massachusetts: "Father" Ron Provost was charged and found guilty to having taken photographs of -2- unclothed boys (7 to 10 years old) in his rectory in Barre, MA. in order to obtain sexual pleasure. Some of the photos were 15 years old.

October 1992, New York: "'Father" Daniel Calabrese sodomized a minor in his Poughkeepsie, N.Y. rectory and was found guilty. After sentencing him to 90 days in jail, the District Attorney, William Grady reprimanded Cardinal John O'Connor for ignoring previous complaints concerning Calabrese's behaviour.

November 1992, Wisconsin: "Father" David Malsch was charged with taking a 14 year old boy in Wausau, Wisconsin, to a motel for two days, where he fondled him in the pool, gave him alcohol and took photos of the boy without clothes in the motel room. The boy had a learning disability,

December 1992, Massachusetts & New Mexico: "Father" David Holley after being accused of molesting children in Worcester, MA. was transferred to Alamogordo, NM, to a treatment center known as the Servants of the Paraclete. In New Mexico, he allegedly molested other children.

1993, California: In Santa Barbara over 30 children were molested in a seminary.

1993, Illinois: Bishop Joseph Imesch of Joliet, IL, was quoted saying: "These are times that shake our faith and confidence in our most cherished systems and institutions. We hear about sexual abuse and the shattering effect it has on the victims, their families and the community. I am particularly shocked and saddened when I hear of allegations that some of our priests have committed these acts." The bishop was speaking from experience as he had recently removed six molesting priests.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#474258 Aug 31, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay:
The world is going away from God. And that has been the current state of our world, at least in my opinion.
I also read or heard about the mystical experience of then Pope Benedict. And I think it is difficult for one at times to hold such a revelation from the world. One risks being ridiculed, and discredited.
On such a forum as this, one as a general rule uses one's own reasoning and world-view to express themselves concerning matters of faith. It is a "cerebral" exercise. Very seldom have I viewed things of a spiritual nature.
I thought it necessary to forewarn the crisis is upon us. And as in the Old Testament, the many times God had left Israel when they strayed, so it is with our country now.
I see now on the news, the this country is now considering lethal force, when it is time for peace. Do not become disheartened.
Whether things turn here back to God, lets just pray.
atemcowboy says you became an atheist,does not sound like you have given in to that line of thinking yet Robert?
By the way you might learn now to not rely on any present day Christian leader as being able to prophesy,and to concern yourself about the outcome of what they prophesy.

It is within the Scriptures that we can base any prophecy on,and it holds the truth,so that no man can change what was said of OLD,and all we can do is wait for the fulfillment of each and every prophecy that is found in the Holy Word. The Pope no doubt has every right to respond to a move from God to prophesy,and you do not need to worry about the outcome,for if he prophesies,he will rely on the Lord to bring it to pass.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#474259 Aug 31, 2013
Page 2 of 2

History of the "glorious" Roman Catholic church.
And Jesus was the founder of this cesspool? I don't think so.

1993, Massachusetts: Former priest, James Porter was sentenced to 18 - 20 years in a Massachusetts State Prison by Superior Court Judge, Robert L. Steadman, in New Bedford, MA. Porter, 58 pleaded guilty to 41 counts of sexual abuse between 1961 and 1967 in five parishes in south eastern Massachusetts. He could be eligible for parole in six years. More than 100 victims of the ex-priest reached a civil agreement with the local Archdiocese in 1992. The New Bedford Standard Times reported a $1.5 million settlement with 31 additional victims. Porter's case offers the largest example of clerical sexual abuse - or abuse by any individual - in American judical history. Judge Steadman lambasted Porter for his outrageous conduct and complete disregard for the physical, spiritual and psychological impact be had on his victims. He called Porter "an effigy" representing all the other named and unnamed child abusers. Porter's case was avidly pursued by victims who for many years had repressed memories of their abuse. Frank Fitzpatrick, now 43 said he was 39 before he could trace a lifetime of depression and lack of self esteem to the occasion on which he was drugged and molested by "Father" Porter.

1996, Ohio: An Ohio family suing the Catholic Church says their retarded son who died of AIDS got the disease from members of a religious order who raped him while he lived at a church-funded home.

The Catholic Church leadership can no longer hide the facts. Priests are molesting children throughout the land. Literally hundreds of priests in this country alone, are preying on children. To try to hush this unprecedented crisis the hierarchy of the Catholic Church has spent upwards of 500 million dollars in out-of-court settlements. Thousands of Americans will never be the same again because of molestation by their priest when they were children. Victims tell of drug and alcohol addiction, nightmares, depression and suicide attempts which they trace to the time when they were molested by a priest.

You should be concerned about how many of these molesters are still 'at-large' because Rome paid off the parents and the victims and then transferred the molesters to other parishes.

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#474260 Aug 31, 2013
Dear Heavenly Father
Once again we come to you
Laying our hearts,at your feet .

WE,pray for our country
That our leaders,be granted wisdom
As you gave to Solomon

We pray that nothing we,do harms,US,our your children in Israel .

FORGIVE us,here for all of our sins,.And those of our leaders

Please,forgive us,here on this,forum
For all transgressions,said in anger .

We,all believe in the,SAME LORD JESUS CHRIST YOUR
SON ..who was crucified with our sins..died ..And was buried ..ONly to rise in your will

He will come again in Glory .

We ask peace in our hearts,..forgiveness,of our sins .

healing for your children ..especially Kay and Nick.

For healing for ourselves,if we need it .

We ask that our loved one's,know and love you .

THAT ALL EVIL BE GONE FROM US...AND OUR LOVED ONES,AND COUNTRY

And we ask FATHER that your WORD OF SALVATION be spread

We ask this in the Matchless Name OF YIUR SON ...OUR SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST ..

Amen

Location hidden

#474261 Aug 31, 2013
Dear Lord, please lift us up and heal us.
Cast out of our minds all thoughts that are not of You.
Cast out of us all harsh and critical nature.
Cast out of us all violence and all anger.
Cast out of us all demons from our past.
For I would be made new.

We wish to walk so close to You
that we might be as one.
We ask for new life, new mind, new body, new spirit

Location hidden

#474262 Aug 31, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
Dear Heavenly Father
Once again we come to you
Laying our hearts,at your feet .
WE,pray for our country
That our leaders,be granted wisdom
As you gave to Solomon
We pray that nothing we,do harms,US,our your children in Israel .
FORGIVE us,here for all of our sins,.And those of our leaders
Please,forgive us,here on this,forum
For all transgressions,said in anger .
We,all believe in the,SAME LORD JESUS CHRIST YOUR
SON ..who was crucified with our sins..died ..And was buried ..ONly to rise in your will
He will come again in Glory .
We ask peace in our hearts,..forgiveness,of our sins .
healing for your children ..especially Kay and Nick.
For healing for ourselves,if we need it .
We ask that our loved one's,know and love you .
THAT ALL EVIL BE GONE FROM US...AND OUR LOVED ONES,AND COUNTRY
And we ask FATHER that your WORD OF SALVATION be spread
We ask this in the Matchless Name OF YIUR SON ...OUR SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST ..
Amen
Amen

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#474263 Aug 31, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
Prayer Time!
Yes thank you had to rewrite as I COUKD not copy my notes,

GOD BLESS us,as we reflect on our Saviour

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... 2 hr ELIAS IBARRA 83
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 9 hr Crazy 8,298
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
Pope Francis pursues a thaw in relations with m... Sep 9 Andrez Lopez 2
Francis' letter to Cubans: Imitate Mary's joy, ... Sep 8 Crusader 1
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Sep 5 ELIAS IBARRA 49
Pope Francis' one-day trip expected to give Alb... Sep 4 Barbarian 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••