Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 703884 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

OldJG

Rockford, IL

#474514 Sep 2, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Is your Savior a Jew or a pope?
<quoted text>
Try answering the question. Don't answer your own question or answer a question I did not ask. Here is the question AGAIN....
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
My Savior is Jesus Christ. Who's yours?
Again. No answer. The question is and remains......Is your Savior a Jew or a pope?
Clay

United States

#474515 Sep 2, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Cly, you are nothing more than a lying sack of gas. Your ignorance is only exceeded by your primitive arrogance. Why "REFORMATION"? Because your moronic statue mary worshiping pagan low-lifes corrupted what Jesus taught to fit a foreign theology directly from hell itself. Other than that Mrs. Lincoln how was the play. LOL LOL Go back to the hole you crawled out of and kiss a statue, eat a cracker and somehow convince yourself you are a "Christian".
A Muslim, sometimes spelled Moslem, is an adherent of Islam.
Lol. So how else are ya?
Look, you're probably a nice grandpa and husband. But you are no authority on the scriptures. What you say we should believe, is immaterial. Men like you have appeared in every decade since Christ and you'll be around til the end. You don't preach the same word of God as the Apostles. Thats the truth.
.. And the amount of forced stupidity one has to embrace to be one of you is mind blowing.

You guys hamper our war with Satan. We're trying to block his lies from entering our culture and we've got you fanatics jumping up and down trying to be popes and derailing our mission. Now scram, we got real work to do.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#474516 Sep 2, 2013
The Catholics and the Jehovah's Witnesses refer to each other's groups as cult ... and to their own as TRUTH.

I suggest that such ignorant humans are in need of extensive therapy from the examples set by non-human animals.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#474517 Sep 2, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
If joining the church provides salvation I will kiss your rotten Roman rump. No one is saved as a group. No one.
<quoted text>
How do you become part of the body of Christ if you are not first saved? You told us joining the church provides salvation.
<quoted text>
This is my post and your answer to my post. Where in my post regarding salvation did I mention baptism. You said the church provides salvation and then quoted Scripture without providing chapter and verse. Why?
St. Paul didn't include chapter and verse when he wrote this.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#474518 Sep 2, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Try answering the question. Don't answer your own question or answer a question I did not ask. Here is the question AGAIN....
<quoted text>
Again. No answer. The question is and remains......Is your Savior a Jew or a pope?
They have a simple answer for that question. He's a Jewish pope converted to Catholicism.

Jews can't be saved unless they first become Catholic. Only then will Jesus welcome them into heaven.

OH ... I forgot ... Jesus can't BE in heaven as Jews are not welcome unless they believe in Catholicism.

Silly people!
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#474519 Sep 2, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
Yet, can this position be correct? Well, to see, let's turn to the Scriptures themselves.
First of all, it must be said that there are many verses of Scripture which give the proponents of "symbolic Baptism" a great deal of trouble. These include:
1 Peter 3:21-22 --- "This prefigured Baptism, which saves you now. It is not a removal of dirt from the body, but an appeal to God for a clear conscious, through the Resurrection of Jesus Christ ..."
Acts 2:38 -- "Peter said to them,'Repent and be Baptized, every one of you, in the Name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.' "
Mark 16:16 -- "Whoever believes and is Baptized will be saved; whoever does not believe will be condemned."
So, aside from one's personal faith, the act of Baptism itself appears to be very important indeed. Those who hold that Baptism is merely symbolic cannot ignore this if they wish to take Scripture seriously.
Yet, let's look at this issue from another angle. For example, as we've already seen in Acts 2:38, Baptism is clearly associated with the forgiveness of sins:
"Repent and be Baptized, every one of you, in the Name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."
Now, this being the case, one cannot avoid seeing a connection between Baptism and Jesus' healing miracles -- miracles which He almost always associated with the forgiveness of sins. For example, in Mark 2:3-12 we read:
"They came bringing him a paralytic carried by four men. Unable to get near Jesus because of the crowd, they opened the roof above him. After they had broken through, they let down the mat on which the paralytic was lying. When Jesus saw their faith, He said to the paralytic 'Child, your sins are forgiven.' Now some of the scribes were sitting there asking themselves,'Why does this man speak that way? He is blaspheming. Who but God alone can forgive sins?' Jesus immediately knew in His mind what they were thinking to themselves, so He said,'Why are you thinking such things in your hearts? Which is easier, to say to the paralytic, "Your sins are forgiven" or to say "Rise, pick up your mat and walk?" But that you may know that the Son of Man has authority to forgive sins on earth'-- He said to the paralytic,'I say to you, rise, pick up your mat, and go home.' He rose, picked up his mat at once, and went away in the sight of everyone."
So, from this, we can clearly see that the Scriptures draw a connection between Jesus' miracles and the forgiveness of sins. So, why do I bring this up?:-) Because it forces us to ask a very significant question:
Cont.
Acts 2:38, "Repent and be Baptized, every one of you, in the Name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."

Is this the way you were baptized?

Not ever....NEVER...NEVER...NEVER does the Bible tell us we are saved by baptism. NEVER!!!!

If baptism saves......why the cross? Why did Jesus have to die on the cross. Why did God require a perfect sacrifice for our sins and that perfect sacrifice was the blood of His Son.

Hebrews 9:22, "Indeed, under the law almost everything is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins."

When you tell the world baptism saves you make God a liar and reveal yourself to be a pagan destined for hell. Not my words but God's words......read

Galatians 1:8-9, 8 "But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed."
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#474520 Sep 2, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Well, I only have one answer and I already gave it to you.

Are you a member of the KKK or the Aryan Nations?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#474521 Sep 2, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Cly, you are nothing more than a lying sack of gas. Your ignorance is only exceeded by your primitive arrogance. Why "REFORMATION"? Because your moronic statue mary worshiping pagan low-lifes corrupted what Jesus taught to fit a foreign theology directly from hell itself. Other than that Mrs. Lincoln how was the play. LOL LOL Go back to the hole you crawled out of and kiss a statue, eat a cracker and somehow convince yourself you are a "Christian".
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. So how else are ya?
Look, you're probably a nice grandpa and husband. But you are no authority on the scriptures. What you say we should believe, is immaterial. Men like you have appeared in every decade since Christ and you'll be around til the end. You don't preach the same word of God as the Apostles. Thats the truth.
.. And the amount of forced stupidity one has to embrace to be one of you is mind blowing.
You guys hamper our war with Satan. We're trying to block his lies from entering our culture and we've got you fanatics jumping up and down trying to be popes and derailing our mission. Now scram, we got real work to do.
You said, quote, "You guys hamper our war with Satan. We're trying to block his lies from entering our culture and we've got you fanatics jumping up and down trying to be popes and derailing our mission. Now scram, we got real work to do." End quote.

You cannot hamper a war with satan if you are satan. And you are!!! You can't fight yourself. And scram. Never. You are of your father.....the Devil. Your work is leading the lost to eternal death and destruction.

John 8:44, "You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your fatherís desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies."
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#474522 Sep 2, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Acts 2:38, "Repent and be Baptized, every one of you, in the Name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."
Not ever....NEVER...NEVER...NEVER does the Bible tell us we are saved by baptism. NEVER!!!!
If baptism saves......why the cross? Why did Jesus have to die on the cross. Why did God require a perfect sacrifice for our sins and that perfect sacrifice was the blood of His Son.
Hebrews 9:22, "Indeed, under the law almost everything is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins."
When you tell the world baptism saves you make God a liar and reveal yourself to be a pagan destined for hell. Not my words but God's words......read
Galatians 1:8-9, 8 "But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed."
""This prefigured Baptism, which saves you now."
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#474523 Sep 2, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
If joining the church provides salvation I will kiss your rotten Roman rump. No one is saved as a group. No one.
<quoted text>
How do you become part of the body of Christ if you are not first saved? You told us joining the church provides salvation.
<quoted text>
This is my post and your answer to my post. Where in my post regarding salvation did I mention baptism. You said the church provides salvation and then quoted Scripture without providing chapter and verse. Why?
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
St. Paul didn't include chapter and verse when he wrote this.
Didn't you tell us the Roman Catholic church wrote the Bible? Yes, I am sure of it. You told us all the authors of the Bible were Roman Catholics. Are you sure your Roman Catholic church didn't add numbers?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#474524 Sep 2, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
""This prefigured Baptism, which saves you now."
Prefigured baptism? Another Roman Catholic expression in an attempt to validate your theology from hell.

Again, the question. If baptism saves......why the cross? Why did Jesus have to die on the cross. Why did God require a perfect sacrifice for our sins and that perfect sacrifice was the blood of His Son.

OldJG

Rockford, IL

#474525 Sep 2, 2013
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#474526 Sep 2, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I only have one answer and I already gave it to you.
Are you a member of the KKK or the Aryan Nations?
No, I am not KKK or a member of the Aryan Nation. Now, try answering the question I have repeatedly asked you....

LTM

Geraldton, Canada

#474527 Sep 2, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Very nice
Thanks,LTM
Thank you RoSesz,:)
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#474528 Sep 2, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Prefigured baptism? Another Roman Catholic expression in an attempt to validate your theology from hell.
Again, the question. If baptism saves......why the cross? Why did Jesus have to die on the cross. Why did God require a perfect sacrifice for our sins and that perfect sacrifice was the blood of His Son.
"without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins.""

Jesus's sacrifice on the cross is what made baptism salvific. If the cross took care of everything, everyone would automatically be saved the minute they're born.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#474529 Sep 2, 2013
Clay

United States

#474530 Sep 2, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "You guys hamper our war with Satan. We're trying to block his lies from entering our culture and we've got you fanatics jumping up and down trying to be popes and derailing our mission. Now scram, we got real work to do." End quote.
You cannot hamper a war with satan if you are satan. And you are!!! You can't fight yourself. And scram. Never. You are of your father.....the Devil. Your work is leading the lost to eternal death and destruction.
John 8:44, "You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your fatherís desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies."
Yes, John 8:44 should be a wake up call for anyone caught up in modern evangelical fanaticism. Lies could only be of Satan. Frankly, there are so many one has to embrace to be in your world..
I honestly get a lump in my throat when I think of how ignorant you are. Everything we show you, you simply ignore.
I thank the Lord my kids are not caught up in that cancerous of religion you've got. Forced stupidity are no qualities I want my kids to embrace.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#474531 Sep 2, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
This is just more of the same anti-catholic (self absorbed, sef-opinionated) lies, that you, Confrinting are so "famous for". The FACT is that you Protestant bible only "fundies, are the ones who have "re-written, re-interpreted and twisted the TRUE Interpretation" of the Bible,(AND TRUE CHURCH HISTORY) over and over and over again, since the Reformation in the 16th century. For over 2000 years, the One True Apostolic Catholic Church, initiated by Jesus Christ HIMSELF in Matthew 16:13-21, has been attacked by false teachers and heretical preachers ---YET---Jesus Christs One True Catholic ---LIVES ON----just like Jesus said it would, in Matthew 16:18!!!
~~~

You wrote

-"Jesus Christs One True Catholic ---LIVES ON--"

IT WILL LIVE ON...ALL RIGHT ... BUT

THE QUESTION IS....

Where will it spend eternity....

AFTER DEATH WHAT THEN....

~~~

Dan 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

Dan 12:3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

Dan 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and

seal the book,

even to the time of the end:

many shall run to and fro, and knowledge

shall be increased.

SO YOU ARE SURE THAT THE BOOK THAT IS REFERENCED ABOVE

IS THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CATECHISM...?

it is my opinion...that

You are in for one rude awakening....
Clay

United States

#474532 Sep 2, 2013
Hypothetical conversation with a fundie:

old gee, the earth is millions of yrs old.

"no its not."

Alreadythan, have a wonderful evening in protestantland.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#474533 Sep 2, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins.""
Jesus's sacrifice on the cross is what made baptism salvific. If the cross took care of everything, everyone would automatically be saved the minute they're born.
You are too dumb for words. Live in your dream world of salvation by baptism. Born once....die twice. Born twice....die once. Goodbye.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Tells Bishops Not to Accept Gay Seminarians Jun 1 Fundie Sniffling 4
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) May 28 Apostolic of another 10,775
News Pope Francis reportedly tells gay man: 'God mad... May 25 The Lightbearer 9
News Pope to gay sex abuse victim: 'God loves you' May '18 RalphB 8
News God made you gay' pope tells victim of clergy s... May '18 Hahahlolahah 6
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) May '18 Serial deserters 54
News Alfie Evans' dad meets POPE to plead for asylum... Apr '18 C Kersey 1