Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683926 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#474223 Aug 31, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Our Catholic Christian faith is "hinged" on believing the words of Jesus Christ (and not the Pope). The Pope is a "bishop" an overseer (Acts 2) of the TRUTH and the TRUE Teachings of Jesus as Jesus "taught them " to HIS Apostles (who, by the way, were Bishops in the ALL of the Early Churches (Antioch, Galatia, Ephesus, Thessalonica, Corinth, etc.(again Acts 2)......Protestant (bible only Churches (all 42,000+ of them since the Reformation, each have their own "bible self-interpreting "Relative Truth" Popes" (what each person decides for themselves is the truth), that contradict and conflict with each other on what the (they think, and what they decide) bible says and means. It is just a hodge-podge of editorialized "opinions" that can't agree on ANYTHING accept to "hostily attack, criticize and aggressive condemn" Jesus Christ and HIS (biblically and historically PROVEN One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church!!!...Over 2000 years ago Jesus Christ left HIS Apostles, disciples and followers HIS ONE TRUE (UNIVERSAL-CATHOLIC) Church (Matt 16:13-21)------NOT A BIBLE!!! Jesus' Church was heirachical, authoritative and visible with Bishops, priests, deacons and elders (again Acts 2)....Paul confirms it in I Timothy 3:15 when he call THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) the pinnacle, pillar and foundation of the TRUTH!!!---There was NO BIBLE for over 350 years after Jesus established, inititated and formed HIS ONE TRUE CATHOLIC CHURCH. The Church CAME FIRST and then the bible in 382,393, and 397 AD.
Amen!!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#474224 Aug 31, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>clay, and his cohorts think that God only belongs to them.how little do they know that He doesn't even KNOW them at all.
and RoS, he is one of those that you wish to join you in a Prayer Meeting, and I am sorry, but that is not what this Forum is all about nor should it be.
Christians can NOT join these types of people. Nor does God want us to.2 Cor 6:17
If a person wishes for me to Pray FOR them, I shall surely do that, but to Pray with the devils cohorts, I refuse to do that.
That's fine brother ..I work still pray knowing God hear a those Shi go to Him I. humility .

This,country is in a very poor place .

We here are fighting with each other..Not just discussion ..

But mostly I pray for salvation for the unsAved ..for peace ..And for healing for all of us,who need it

GOD,BLESS you always,

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#474225 Aug 31, 2013
When was the Catholic Church first called Roman Catholic Church?

"It is not possible to give an exact year when the Catholic Church began to be called the "Roman Catholic Church," but it is possible to

approximate it. The term originates as an insult

created by Anglicans who wished to refer to

themselves as Catholic. They thus coined the term

"Roman Catholic" to distinguish those in union

with Rome from themselves and to create a sense in which they could refer to themselves as Catholics (by attempting to deprive actual Catholics to the right to the term).

Different variants of the "Roman" insult appeared at different times. The earliest form was the noun "Romanist" (one belonging to the Catholic Church), which appeared in England about 1515-1525. The next to develop was the adjective "Romish" (similar to something done or believed in the Catholic Church), which appeared around 1525-1535. Next came the noun "Roman Catholic" (one belonging to the Catholic Church), which was coined around 1595-1605. Shortly thereafter came the verb "to Romanize" (to make someone a Catholic or to become a Catholic), which appeared around 1600-10. Between 1665 and 1675 we got the noun "Romanism" (the system of Catholic beliefs and practices), and finally we got a latecomer term about 1815-1825, the noun "Roman Catholicism," a synonym for the earlier "Romanism."

A similar complex of insults arose around "pope." About 1515-25 the Anglicans coined the term "papist" and later its derivative "papism." A quick follow-up, in 1520-1530, was the adjective "popish." Next came "popery" (1525-1535), then "papistry" (1540-1550), with its later derivatives, "papistical" and "papistic." (Source: Random House Webster's College Dictionary, 1995 ed.)

This complex of insults is revealing as it shows the depths of animosity English Protestants had toward the Church. No other religious body (perhaps no other group at all, even national or racial) has such a complex of insults against it woven into the English language as does the Catholic Church. Even today many Protestants who

have no idea what the origin of the term is cannot

bring themselves to say "Catholic" without

qualifying it or replacing it with an insult."

From Catholic Answers

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#474226 Aug 31, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you honestly think if you commit s mortal sin..if you have accepted and believe in Christ as Your Saviour..if you are knocked unconscious and die..You are NOT SAVED???
This is,not what Jesus,said ..he told us to believe in Him ..to be BORN
AGAIN of water and the SPIRIT.
He took that SIN CUP to the CROSS ..took all Sin into Himself ..paid the FULL PRICE for each and every SIN .
ELSE why DIE,for us,..
why say IT IS,FINISHED..
He,did not need Peter to perfect SALVATION..only to spread HIS,WORD,.
The,CC does,not bring Salvation ..
The temple Veil was rent in half ..NOTHING BETWEEN US,AND OUR SAVIOR.
NO PRIESTS...NO PASTOR ..NO POPE .
HE most certainly DID need HIS Apostles whom he left on earth to carry on HIS ONE TRUE CHURCH. How else would you know about JESUS’ SAVING GRACE?? Hmmm??? Be thankful that the Catholic Church kept that WORD alive for you in daily mass.

You didn’t read my post correctly or maybe you didn’t want to.
I wrote ……

“ If a Christian refuses or neglects to obey Our Lord's commands in a grave matter (that is, if he commits a mortal sin), Our Lord will not remain dwelling in his soul; and if a Christian dies in that state, having driven his Lord from his soul by serious sin, he will
not be saved.

As St. Paul warned the Galatians with regard to certain sins: "They who

do such things shall not obtain the kingdom of God." (Gal. 5:21). It must be added that

Christ will

always forgive

and return

to a sinner

who approaches Him

with sincerity in

the Sacrament of Penance.”

FYI……* IT IS FINISHED…. This means HE gave up His Spirit to God.
30* When Jesus had taken the wine, he said,“It is finished.” And bowing his head, he handed over the spirit.”

[See below, as taught by his Apostles that walked the earth with their teacher, JESUS]

*[19:30] Handed over the spirit: there is a double nuance of dying (giving up the last breath or spirit) and that of passing on the holy Spirit; see Jn 7:39 which connects the giving of the Spirit with Jesus’ glorious return to the Father, and Jn 20:22 where the author portrays the conferral of the Spirit.

Mt 7:13 [Mt 7:21]
*“Enter through the narrow gate;* for the gate is wide and the road broad that leads to destruction, and those who enter through it are many.j 14How narrow the gate and constricted the road that leads to life.
And
those who

find it

are few.

AND

Luke 13:23-24 [Mt 7:21]

And someone said to him,“Lord, will those who are saved be few?” And he said to them,

“Strive [= try hard: to try hard to achieve or get something] to enter

through the narrow door.

For many, I tell you, will seek to enter

and will not be able.

You are OSAS,{???} this is a new concept by ML, 1500 years after Christ.
Its never ‘finished’ we must always be on our toes. We can sin and loose our salvation.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#474227 Aug 31, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay EHAT you don't get ..really .
It's not a Church ..Not a denomination ...I can worship God at home or any bible believing CHURCH .
Bit that's not it...it's not Protestant anything .
It's bring BORN AGAIN in FAITH to our Lord .
Believe it or not until I came back on this forum ..I gave little thought to the RCC at all ..
Pretty sure you guys are not a part of any worship service we attend .
But we are Here on a forum ..discussing the premise that YOURS is the One true CHURCH .
Personally. I believe Jesus will sort out all or differences ..And it COULD be soon ..or soon for some of us .
So this,CATH NON CATH THING has NOT ONE THING TO DO WITH OUR FAITH IN OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST.
You are wrong in believing we obsess about your Church in order to believe in Christ or to worship.
Claiming to be born again and being born again are two different things....entirely...
Clay

Garden City, MI

#474228 Aug 31, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
TOOK YOUR BIBLE???
Thought it was the WORD of God ..for ALL HIS CHILDREN
Who told you it was the word of God? Who told you to put 66 Books in your Bible?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#474229 Aug 31, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me, but do you have a problem with reading comprehension?
It seems that no matter what any Catholic posts, you respond to it as if you'd never read a single word of it. If you do have such a problem, it would be helpful if you'd let us know.
- Doesn't my post say that Roman Catholic is not the proper name? Yes it does.
- That there may be times when one would use Roman Catholic to designate the rite, or the Diocese of Rome, but that does not mean that the Church is properly called Roman Catholic? Yes, it says that as well.
- That some even within the Church may mistakenly use the name? Yep!
- That it is largely a problem in the English language, particularly in this country, and is pretty much unheard of anywhere else in the world? Sure does!
No one is denying anything. Everyone is correcting the mistaken notion that Roman Catholic is the name of the Catholic Church. Just because the name was used (improperly or, more likely, improperly understood by you), does not mean it is what the Church is rightly called. Protestant evangelical fundamentalists like to use it as a pejorative because they don't have a clue as to what they're talking about. Ugh!!!
Now, thank goodness, that's cleared up!
No problems,at all with comprehension ..And I will nog be insulting
In saying I know,exactly what the,CHURCH CALLED ITSELF.

YOU do also if you indeed grew,up when I did .

The nuns,of that time were,quite,harsh with those denying the truth .

It's,in the CATECHISM Regina,..or did you not bother to read number 133

It's,quite clear ...

Still trying to figure out what is behind all this denial .

Oh well it's your conscience ..Not mine

Peace
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#474230 Aug 31, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>no problem Robert, I have always said that you were a kook, the posts that you made on another forum only confirmed my feelings towards you.
Luke 8:17
Preston

So be it.

:)

Location hidden

#474231 Aug 31, 2013
StarC wrote:

From Catholic Answers
edited for space

Proof that the Catholic church did not get built as the catlicks insist, is in Scripture...Christ referred to the seven (7) churches in Rev ....Either He forgot He built it or someone forgot to tell Him....He did not refer to any of them as "Catholic"....
Jesus was a Jew. His disciples were Jews. The chosen people of God, from the beginning, were Jews.

Anyone whom believes that Christ built the Roman Catholic Church, which excluded the chosen people of God, the Jews, suffers from a serve case of popilitus.

Christ's church, by the definition of the Greek word for church, is Christianity. Men established different denominations of Christianity...of which one is the Roman Catholic church.
denomnation: A large group of religious congregations united under a common faith and name and organized under a single administrative and legal hierarchy.
The Roman Catholic church is a denomination of the Christian faith. Christ built not any...none...zilch denominations...He built His church.

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

church: ekklesia, a calling out, i.e.(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly, church.

Therefore...any....bar none...Christian congregation or an assembly of, is the church Christ built.
The NABre poop approved Catlick bible: Church: this word (Greek ekkl&#275;sia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesus’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

Therefore...any....bar none...Christian congregation or an assembly of, is the church Christ built

The SBC teaches:
A New Testament church of the Lord Jesus Christ is an autonomous local congregation of baptized believers, associated by covenant in the faith and fellowship of the gospel; observing the two ordinances of Christ, governed by His laws, exercising the gifts, rights, and privileges invested in them by His Word, and seeking to extend the gospel to the ends of the earth. Each congregation operates under the Lordship of Christ through democratic processes. In such a congregation each member is responsible and accountable to Christ as Lord. Its scriptural officers are pastors and deacons. While both men and women are gifted for service in the church, the office of pastor is limited to men as qualified by Scripture.
The New Testament speaks also of the church as the Body of Christ which includes all of the redeemed of all the ages, believers from every tribe, and tongue, and people, and nation.
Therefore...any....bar none...Christian congregation or an assembly of, is the church Christ built

The catlick encyclopdia: church: The term church is the name employed in the Teutonic languages to render the Greek ekklesia (ecclesia), the term by which the New Testament writers denote the society founded by Jesus Christ....

Therefore...any....bar none..Christian congregation or an assembly of, is the church Christ built
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#474232 Aug 31, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>clay when you speak against me and my tirade about a kook like Robert who acknowledges that he has became an atheist, that speaks volumes about your character.
like I have challenged you several time(and not only me) to show us where I have ever stated anything different that any of my Friends has written down.
so why don't you show us where Peter ever told anyone to Baptize a baby? since I NEVER WOULD.
Unless you gathered the various writings of the Apostles; compiled them together; labeled them the Word of God; held a council and attached those writings to the 46 Books of the OT canon; and instructed your Monks to hand copy them over a period of 1,000 yrs; and finally, in the year 1252- after thousands of your martyrs died bringing the Gospel to the world, those Books were printed and available in an actual Book for the family to read; UNLESS you did that, Preston, you have no business laying claim to the interpretations of those Books, nor removing seven of them.
The Bible came from the councils of the Catholic Church. Who are you to add sola scripture to the ministry of Jesus Christ?

Infant Baptism is the Word of God. It is protected by the Holy Spirit and was carried by Catholic, Orthodox and most Protestant sects before the evangelical movement undid this sacred teaching.
Where is it documented in sacred scripture? Its the new circumcision. That's what the Apostles taught us. You have no right demanding an actual verse when you're not even in the Catholic Church.

Other than that, I hope you have a nice labor day weekend.

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#474233 Aug 31, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay EHAT you don't get ..really .
It's not a Church ..Not a denomination ...I can worship God at home or any bible believing CHURCH .
Bit that's not it...it's not Protestant anything .
It's bring BORN AGAIN in FAITH to our Lord .
Believe it or not until I came back on this forum ..I gave little thought to the RCC at all ..
Pretty sure you guys are not a part of any worship service we attend .
But we are Here on a forum ..discussing the premise that YOURS is the One true CHURCH .
Personally. I believe Jesus will sort out all or differences ..And it COULD be soon ..or soon for some of us .
So this,CATH NON CATH THING has NOT ONE THING TO DO WITH OUR FAITH IN OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST.
You are wrong in believing we obsess about your Church in order to believe in Christ or to worship.
Hey lady the Church belongs to JESUS! HE founded ONE Church not 40K.

JESUS CAN have but ONE spouse, and that is HIS Catholic Church!!!
Eph 5:23-32

All other churches were founded by mortal-men.. The Baptist church was founded by John Smyth, he is a spin off of another church and so on and on. With their own made up interpretation of Scripture. Did you know that the founder of your church baptisted himself??

SELF BAPTISM by Baptist founder John Smyth
http://churches-of-christ.ws/SM.htm

5/ Smith's self baptism at Amsterdam and the rejection of the baptism at Epworth, this is possibly what is referred to in 3. The issue of Smith's baptism has long been argued but it seems Smith's self baptism was an error he introduced and for which he was dis-fellowshipped. Smith stated "in the Old Testament every man that was unclean washed himself; every priest going to sacrifice washed himself. Every master of a family ministered the Passover to him self and all of his family." He adds: "A man can not baptize others into the church, himself being out of the church. Therefore it is lawful for a man to baptize himself together with others in communion, and this warrant is a periphery for the practise of that which is done by us."

In 1609, Smyth, along with a group in Holland, came to believe in believer’s baptism (as opposed to infant baptism which was the norm at that time) and they came together to form the first “Baptist” church. In the beginning, Smyth was on track with the typical orthodox church position; but as time passed, as was so typical, he began changing his positions. First, Smyth insisted that true worship was from the heart and that any form of reading from a book in worship was an invention of sinful man. Prayer, singing and preaching had to be completely spontaneous. He went so far with this mentality that he would not allow the reading of the Bible during worship “since he regarded English translations of Scripture as something less than the direct word of God.”5 Second, Smyth introduced a twofold church leadership, that of Pastor and Deacon. This was in contrast to the Reformational trifold leadership of Pastor-Elder, Lay-Elders, and Deacons.
Third, with his newfound position on baptism, a whole new concern arose for these “Baptists”. Having been baptized as infants, they all realized that they would have to be re-baptized. Since there was no other minister to administer baptism, Smyth baptized himself and then proceeded to baptize his flock. An interesting note at this point that should be brought to bear is that the mode of baptism used was that of pouring, for immersion would not become the standard for another generation. Before his death, as seems characteristic of Smyth, he abandoned his Baptist views and began trying to bring his flock into the Mennonite church. Although he died before this happened, most of his congregation did join themselves with the Mennonite church after his death.
http://www.reformedreader.org/smyth.htm

Location hidden

#474234 Aug 31, 2013
StarC wrote:
"It is not possible to give an exact year when the Catholic Church began to be called the "Roman Catholic Church," but it is possible to
approximate it. The term originates as an insult
created by Anglicans who wished to refer to
themselves as Catholic. They thus coined the term
"Roman Catholic" to distinguish those in union
with Rome from themselves and to create a sense in which they could refer to themselves as Catholics (by attempting to deprive actual Catholics to the right to the term).
Different variants of the "Roman" insult appeared at different times. The earliest form was the noun "Romanist" (one belonging to the Catholic Church), which appeared in England about 1515-1525. The next to develop was the adjective "Romish" (similar to something done or believed in the Catholic Church), which appeared around 1525-1535. Next came the noun "Roman Catholic" (one belonging to the Catholic Church), which was coined around 1595-1605. Shortly thereafter came the verb "to Romanize" (to make someone a Catholic or to become a Catholic), which appeared around 1600-10. Between 1665 and 1675 we got the noun "Romanism" (the system of Catholic beliefs and practices), and finally we got a latecomer term about 1815-1825, the noun "Roman Catholicism," a synonym for the earlier "Romanism."
A similar complex of insults arose around "pope." About 1515-25 the Anglicans coined the term "papist" and later its derivative "papism." A quick follow-up, in 1520-1530, was the adjective "popish." Next came "popery" (1525-1535), then "papistry" (1540-1550), with its later derivatives, "papistical" and "papistic." (Source: Random House Webster's College Dictionary, 1995 ed.)
This complex of insults is revealing as it shows the depths of animosity English Protestants had toward the Church. No other religious body (perhaps no other group at all, even national or racial) has such a complex of insults against it woven into the English language as does the Catholic Church. Even today many Protestants who
have no idea what the origin of the term is cannot
bring themselves to say "Catholic" without
From Catholic Answers
The Catholic Encyclopeepee teaches: Pope, The bishop of Rome, successor of St. Peter, chief of the whole Church, and the Vicar of Christ on earth...

So...they are saying the Roman Catholic Church was in full operation during the lifetime of Peter and he was the first Pope...

Which is lie....Christ did not need a vicar, Peter being the vicar, per the erroneous teaching of the Catholics, while on earth, nor does He need one now..

Christ referred to the seven churches, in Rev...of which none where referred to as "Catholic" "Roman Catholic" Why?? Because they were not Catholic...

The Catholics are a denomination....same as all other denominations...Christ built no denomination...men did....
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#474235 Aug 31, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
After seeing that Miley Cyrus performance, I'm convinced as ever God has had enough. Maybe it is that time.
The U.S- in my opinion- has sold their soul a long time ago anyway.
There is another reason why I believe its time. Its been speculated that Pope Benedict resigned due to a mystical experience. He says it was spiritual guiding from God. Others in the know, say it was an audible instruction from God. If that is true, its interesting for many reasons given the current state of our world.
Clay:

The world is going away from God. And that has been the current state of our world, at least in my opinion.

I also read or heard about the mystical experience of then Pope Benedict. And I think it is difficult for one at times to hold such a revelation from the world. One risks being ridiculed, and discredited.

On such a forum as this, one as a general rule uses one's own reasoning and world-view to express themselves concerning matters of faith. It is a "cerebral" exercise. Very seldom have I viewed things of a spiritual nature.

I thought it necessary to forewarn the crisis is upon us. And as in the Old Testament, the many times God had left Israel when they strayed, so it is with our country now.

I see now on the news, the this country is now considering lethal force, when it is time for peace. Do not become disheartened.

Whether things turn here back to God, lets just pray.
Regina

Bloomfield, NJ

#474236 Aug 31, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
No problems,at all with comprehension ..And I will nog be insulting
In saying I know,exactly what the,CHURCH CALLED ITSELF.
YOU do also if you indeed grew,up when I did .
The nuns,of that time were,quite,harsh with those denying the truth .
It's,in the CATECHISM Regina,..or did you not bother to read number 133
It's,quite clear ...
Still trying to figure out what is behind all this denial .
Oh well it's your conscience ..Not mine
Peace
lol....no insults from you at all, no, not much. Funny.

That CATECHISM you keep linking to states that anyone can contribute information to it. It is not an exact duplicate of the Baltimore Catechism, at least not the one used in the late 50s. I could tell by some of the content. Here is what the web site says:

"Catechetics Online is an open community where catechists from throughout the nation add their own content to the website."

I don't consider this to be a reliable source.

The Church is and always has been called the Catholic Church. The rite we practice is the Latin or Roman rite. There are other rites within the Church.

I don't care what you think you know about Catholicism, Rose. You are in error and all the Catholics here have tried on numerous occasions to correct you about this and other matters pertaining to the one, true faith. You refuse to listen and insist we are hiding, denying, being mean, insulting, etc., etc., etc., etc. It is extremely rude and rather foolish since you haven't been a Catholic for decades. After all, it is your conscience...not mine.

I know what the Church teaches and why, I know what her proper name is. You are knowingly spreading error on these forums. Perhaps it would be a good idea for you to stick to what it is your ecclesial community teaches about itself and leave it at that. This way we don't have to keep correcting you as it seems to upset you so much.

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#474237 Aug 31, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
You supposedly grew up in the same era I did .
You have a,Baltimore CATECHISM ..I did
This one
http://catecheticsonline.com/...
See question 133. HOW DIES THE CHURCH REFER TO ITSELF..
long before EWTN ..
What I'm trying to figure out is,why you and OLDER CATHOLIC do you say Won't admit to EHAT your priests and nuns and Pope Pius and BISHOP SHEEN. on tv and EVERY ONE CALLED THE CHURCH
HOLY ROMAN CATHOLIC ....
And by denying it ..well I really find that odd ...
From your link.

12. Q. Say the Apostles’ Creed. A. I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth; and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord; who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified; died, and was buried. He descended into hell: the third day He arose again from the dead: He ascended into heaven, and sitteth at the right hand of God, the Father Almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead.

"I
believe in the Holy Ghost,

the{{{{{ Holy Catholic Church,}}}}}}

the communion of Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the

resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen."

I don't see Holy Roman Catholic anywhere.[?!!]

In the words of Hilary Clinton..."What difference does it make"???
:(.

I like to call it Roman Catholic Church, I don't have a problem with that, so what!!!

Churches in Rome.
From KJV
Rom 1
1:5
By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name: 1:5
through whom we have received grace and apostleship bring about the obedience of faith among all the Gentiles for His name's sake,
1:6
Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ: 1:6
Rom 1:
1:7
***TO ALL THAT BE IN ROME, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ
1:8 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of ‘throughout the whole world."
(Universal=Catholic)

Location hidden

#474238 Aug 31, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
All other churches were founded by mortal-men.. The Baptist church was founded by John Smyth, he is a spin off of another church and so on and on. With their own made up interpretation of Scripture. Did you know that the founder of your church baptisted himself??
SELF BAPTISM by Baptist founder John Smyth
http://churches-of-christ.ws/SM.htm
5/ Smith's self baptism at Amsterdam and the rejection of the baptism at Epworth, this is possibly what is referred to in 3. The issue of Smith's baptism has long been argued but it seems Smith's self baptism was an error he introduced and for which he was dis-fellowshipped. Smith stated "in the Old Testament every man that was unclean washed himself; every priest going to sacrifice washed himself. Every master of a family ministered the Passover to him self and all of his family." He adds: "A man can not baptize others into the church, himself being out of the church. Therefore it is lawful for a man to baptize himself together with others in communion, and this warrant is a periphery for the practise of that which is done by us."
In 1609, Smyth, along with a group in Holland, came to believe in believer’s baptism (as opposed to infant baptism which was the norm at that time) and they came together to form the first “Baptist” church. In the beginning, Smyth was on track with the typical orthodox church position; but as time passed, as was so typical, he began changing his positions. First, Smyth insisted that true worship was from the heart and that any form of reading from a book in worship was an invention of sinful man. Prayer, singing and preaching had to be completely spontaneous. He went so far with this mentality that he would not allow the reading of the Bible during worship “since he regarded English translations of Scripture as something less than the direct word of God.”5 Second, Smyth introduced a twofold church leadership, that of Pastor and Deacon. This was in contrast to the Reformational trifold leadership of Pastor-Elder, Lay-Elders, and Deacons.
Third, with his newfound position on baptism, a whole new concern arose for these “Baptists”. Having been baptized as infants, they all realized that they would have to be re-baptized. Since there was no other minister to administer baptism, Smyth baptized himself and then proceeded to baptize his flock. An interesting note at this point that should be brought to bear is that the mode of baptism used was that of pouring, for immersion would not become the standard for another generation. Before his death, as seems characteristic of Smyth, he abandoned his Baptist views and began trying to bring his flock into the Mennonite church. Although he died before this happened, most of his congregation did join themselves with the Mennonite church after his death.
http://www.reformedreader.org/smyth.htm
You are as blind as a bat and twice as deaf as a stone!!!! And I can prove it!!!

Eph 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

What is the correct definition for the word "church" in that verse????

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#474239 Aug 31, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
When it comes to being 'a kook' on this forum, I believe you've taken the blue ribbon long ago. Lol
Sorry man, I really hate stooping to your level, but I have a real problem with you and the other false pastors who took our Bible without authorization and now teach a new and strange Christianity..... Condemning the entire world to Hell- especially Catholics. Its a psycho Christianity. It really is.
By the way Clay ..in looking up some other things .

To revisit I hope briefly ..the former subject of evolution .

Is it not true an Encyclical is,never untrue ???

If so ..You all have a,problem .

It's much simpler ..IMO ..to believe the BIBLE as it is,God's,message to us,..what HE WANTED US TO KNOW,..

You folks change everything including your name ..that's y our right but then tell US we change things for our benefit ..which sorry ..IF WE BELIEVE THE SCRIPTURE AS WRITTEN W
We can't

Anyway ...

A few,weeks ago .

We had some official Catholic teAching on evolution. Marked with the RCC imprimatur .

Now,I find this ..didn't read it all the print was too small ..evidently he disagreed with your modern premises ..

I'll stick with the BIble ..Thanks,

http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/pius_xii/en...
Regina

Bloomfield, NJ

#474240 Aug 31, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
(snipped for space only)

Hi, Star! How have you been doing?

I love the "Hey lady"...lol! Don't let her get to you. Always starts out with lovey-dovey, and nice this and that, and oh, how pretty, la-di-da....but don't turn your back. The anti-Catholic zinger will get you right in the kidneys. LOL, it's downright creepy!

Hope you and your family have been well. Need to sign-off, but wanted to say hello! Take care!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#474241 Aug 31, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
lol....no insults from you at all, no, not much. Funny.
That CATECHISM you keep linking to states that anyone can contribute information to it. It is not an exact duplicate of the Baltimore Catechism, at least not the one used in the late 50s. I could tell by some of the content. Here is what the web site says:
"Catechetics Online is an open community where catechists from throughout the nation add their own content to the website."
I don't consider this to be a reliable source.
The Church is and always has been called the Catholic Church. The rite we practice is the Latin or Roman rite. There are other rites within the Church.
I don't care what you think you know about Catholicism, Rose. You are in error and all the Catholics here have tried on numerous occasions to correct you about this and other matters pertaining to the one, true faith. You refuse to listen and insist we are hiding, denying, being mean, insulting, etc., etc., etc., etc. It is extremely rude and rather foolish since you haven't been a Catholic for decades. After all, it is your conscience...not mine.
I know what the Church teaches and why, I know what her proper name is. You are knowingly spreading error on these forums. Perhaps it would be a good idea for you to stick to what it is your ecclesial community teaches about itself and leave it at that. This way we don't have to keep correcting you as it seems to upset you so much.
Good for you Regina,it sure,sounded like the book I learned from.

The,CHURCH CALLED ITSELF Holy Roman and,Catholic .

We had to memorize it in my school ..You know,that US,exactly what we

Learned ..AGSIN no idea why you ars denying it..But het it's your conscience ..Not mine ..I'm telling the absolute truth in this .

Two orders,of nuns,..two order s of priests,in different states ..the BISHOP who confirms me .

BISHOP SHEEN ON TV ..the Vatican....all called it HOLY ROMAN AND CATHOLIC..

You want to deny it that's,fine ..no further conversation needed .

I would say examine your conscience ..PEace ...if your memory maybe
A decade of every day recitation and memorization ....tuner the tutelage of the nuns stick things in your heads :)

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#474242 Aug 31, 2013
Time to run, going out to dinner.

Have a blessed Sunday!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... 16 hr misleading troller 2
News The pope praised him for providing for his pare... Jul 19 Laredo 3
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Jul 19 Dhimmi Democrat 33
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 18 Married in 10,571
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Jul 16 True Christian wi... 77
News Editorial: The Vatican's Failure in the Abuse S... Jul 13 seemoregood 1
News In Defense of Free Speech in the United States (May '15) Jul 11 Muslim lives don_... 6
More from around the web