Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 641964 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#474010 Aug 30, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The reasons why the Catholic Church will say 'Roman Catholic' is because they are announcing the rite being practiced. Its not because its a separate Church from the rest of the Catholic Churches. And its no more truer than the 22 other Catholic Churches of the East.
The title has really never been an issue Imo, until fanatics started preaching that the ROMAN Catholic Church is the Whore of Babylon. They obviously have an agenda by stressing the Roman adjective.
Just like our Bible, fundies will tell us what we believe and what we are to be called, regardless of the actual truth.
~~~
IDENTIFIED BY DESCRIPTION....

SINCE THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH MEETS THE CRITERIA OF THE "GREAT WHORE"

THERE IS NO PROBLEM IN IDENTIFYING WHOM ...

"Rev 17:4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
Rev 17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. "

REVELATION CHAPTER 17 IS ALLUDING TO.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#474011 Aug 30, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
One of Israel’s greatest Prime Ministers, Golda Meir, once said,“Peace will come when the Arabs love their children more than they hate us.” Since Israel’s statehood in 1948, they have endured repeated wars and attacks. They have constantly faced the threat of a hostile Arab world that wants it gone. Thousands of their young soldiers have been killed in this struggle for their survival and thousands more civilians have perished in terrorist attacks and suicide bombings.
The restoration of the Jewish People to their land and their re-gathering from all the nations to which they were scattered is a clear fulfillment of Bible prophecy connected to the Last Days and signals the near return of Yeshua to this earth. When we understand this and how this all connects to God’s plan for the redemption of mankind, we should be motivated to pray regularly for Israel.
http://www.jewishvoice.org/ppc/is-peace-possi...
And,I don't understand why so many in this,country can't see this .

When something has been prophesied about almost 2000 years,before it happens,...even longer if you count the OT..cannot see why the WHOLE WORLD cannot see,God's hand in its,all .

I saw a tv shoe ..it posited that Christians,helping Jews return
Only did it to hasten Jesus Returning .

How,stupid..like human beings can do one single thing to affect
GOD ..it the return of our Saviour .

Israel..it's building up ..it's wars ..it's agricultural marvels
All fall in line with scripture ..

It's been over 50 years ..God's time us His own ..

I thinker are very close to the time of Ezekiel ..But it's still scary ..hoe fragile everything is.

Our country should do nothing to endanger Israel ...But look where we are
..it saddens me ..

We do indeed need to pray for God's,children in Israel .
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#474012 Aug 30, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
"Rev 17:4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
Rev 17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. "
I have no reason to defend the catholic church but there is no proof Rev 17 refers to the catholic church and if you read verse 10, it definitely isn't referring to the catholic church.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#474013 Aug 30, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
~~~

THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH LISTED BELOW IS THE RESULT OF THE

ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCHES NEVER CEASING WORSHIP OF IDOLS..

Rom 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

Rom 1:19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Rom 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

NOTE (THE IDOLATRY LISTED HERE)

Rom 1:23 And

==>changed the glory of the uncorruptible God

into an image

made like to corruptible man, and

to birds, and

fourfooted beasts, and

creeping things.

NOT THE RESULTS OF THEIR IDOLATRY IS

LESBIANISM AND HOMOSEXUALITY

Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

THEY CHANGED THE WORD OF GOD INTO,CONJECTURE, FABLES RITUALS..AND

CALISTHENICS...AND CLAIM A FRANCHISE, MONOPOLY UPON HEAVEN...

Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

NOTE GOD HAS GIVEN THE UP TO VILE AFFECTIONS..

Rom 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections:

LESBIANISM

for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

HOMOSEXUALITY

Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge,

A REPROBATE MIND

God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

BECAUSE OF THEIR SINS.....THEY HAVE BROUGHT THESE SINS LISTED BELOW UPON THE WHOLE EARTH...

Rom 1:29 Being filled with all

unrighteousness,

fornication,

wickedness,

covetousness,

maliciousness;

full of envy,

murder,

debate,

deceit,

malignity;

whisperers,

Rom 1:30

Backbiters,

haters of God,

despiteful,

proud,

boasters,

inventors of evil things,

disobedient to parents,

Rom 1:31

Without understanding,

covenantbreakers,

without natural affection,

implacable,

unmerciful:

Rom 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that

they which commit such things are worthy of death,

not only do the same,

but have pleasure in them that do them.
Clay

Lawrence, MA

#474014 Aug 30, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually never thought of it as anything but Roman Catholic till you guys brought it up ..
We learned the head if the Church was the Pope in Rome ..so it made sense to me ..
As far as the who're of Babylon goes ..I've heard it could be the USA..
if we are even a factor in the end times ..
Growing up, I understood that the Catholic Church was the Roman Catholic Church by virtue of their own doing; and that was the official title of the Church. I didn't pay attention to the faith anyway, let alone the proper title. Lol.

In MN we have a Byzantine Catholic and Ukrainian Catholic Church in Minneapolis. In a Saint Paul suburb there is a Maronite Catholic Church. In no way are they lesser than the Roman Catholic Church. It wouldn't be proper to tell one of them that they are 'Roman' Catholic, but that's exactly what Protestant England did. That's where the title Roman came from.(I believe around that time, we were identified as Latin Catholics).
Clay

Lawrence, MA

#474015 Aug 30, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no reason to defend the catholic church but there is no proof Rev 17 refers to the catholic church and if you read verse 10, it definitely isn't referring to the catholic church.
Wow Chuck, that's sincere of you.
Believe me, if parts of Revelation can not be safely interpreted, then its best to leave it alone rather than face the warning from John, about adding to the Prophecies of his Book.
Now you may call me a clown.
Clay

Lawrence, MA

#474016 Aug 30, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Just too arrogant to pay attention to the warning from John about adding to his prophecy. You fate is sealed. Pride cometh before the fall.
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#474017 Aug 30, 2013
Psalm 120

In my trouble I cried to the Lord,
And He answered me.
2 Deliver my soul, O Lord, from lying lips,
From a deceitful tongue.
3 What shall be given to you, and what more shall be done to you,
You deceitful tongue?
4 Sharp arrows of the warrior,
With the burning coals of the broom tree.

5 Woe is me, for I sojourn in Meshech,
For I dwell among the tents of Kedar!
6 Too long has my soul had its dwelling
With those who hate peace.
7 I am for peace, but when I speak,
They are for war.
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#474018 Aug 30, 2013
Philippians 2:

Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion,

2 then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind.

3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves,

4 not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#474019 Aug 30, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>June, naivete is not becoming of you. The JEWS are the ones who instigated the death of Jesus.
I suggest you stop being so STUPID.

Faithful Jews to Judaism would have had no reason on earth to kill a Jew that was also faithful to Judaism.

NONE.

It was the ex-Jews that craved to be the head of a NEW religion and ultimately sit on Catholic thrones, that were the traitors to Judaism.

And the Muslims and Protestants followed suit as they all craved earthly thrones of their own designs.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#474020 Aug 30, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians know that is a lie. It is not a Church...it is a denomination...it cannot be Holy in that it is run by the Pedophile Cadre...
It's been a Church (Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church) for over 2000 years....... Your "ridiculous nonsensical editorialized opinions of (rif-raf) have "ZERO" credibility, with ANY of us Catholics on this forum, including the 1.4 billion Catholics around the world who "know the TRUTH"!!! Go tell your "fictitious nonsense" to the National Inquirer! They "thrive" on printing lies that distort the TRUTH!!

Quesnel, Canada

#474021 Aug 30, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
I can see you are still avoiding to answer with a passage, a text, a link, a source, ANYTHING, that specifically has "God" stating which texts are inspired and which are not, huh?
And then you switch it all back on me. Not taking responsibility for your beliefs is a sign of weakness and faith.
This is also Self.
But....I can see you are now starting to ask questions. Unfortunately they are off-topic with this forum, but I will try my best to answer them for you.
Just remember this, I won't do this again, m-kay?
<quoted text>
Because you haven't given me anything by "God", but only something from man. This is the foundation of the lie you continue to express. You think fallible men can define an infallible being, ONCE. I highly disagree with your conclusion and how you know this is capable of occurring.
<quoted text>
You can admit it in a round about way, by placing the question back on me, which is avoiding to answer. Again, deception on your part.
I've already responded to this question - many times. Don't be lazy, go look for it in the forum archive.
<quoted text>
I've also expressed my beliefs in this forum multiple times.
Why haven't you researched my belief, before assuming you know what it is about, like June?
<quoted text>
Mine have been proven to exist. Yours hasn't.
Where does "God" specifically state which texts are inspired by "He" and which are not?
It isn't that hard to answer. You jsut can't admit the facts of the question, so you don't.
Because, it destroys your religion. Yet opens you up to a whole new belief.
Don't think you can fool me with your nonsense of "I don't understand". You understand quite well, but just too afraid to admit it.
<quoted text>
Diversion and avoidance from answering.
In truth - you ain't got shite.
<quoted text>
Oh, I know why you believe, as I was a Catholic.
Another tactic that will not work on me.
I'm honest and not gullible. Two qualities the so-called "Christians" seem to avoid deeply.
<quoted text>
Bbecause you have chosen to follow man's direction with that.
Bummer for you.
<quoted text>
Yes he did.
(3) Jesus says:
(1) "If those who lead you say to you:‘Look, the kingdom is in the sky!’ then the birds of the sky will precede you.
(2) If they say to you:‘It is in the sea,’ then the fishes will precede you.
(3) Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and outside of you."
(4) "When you come to know yourselves, then you will be known, and you will realize that you are the children of the living Father.
(5) But if you do not come to know yourselves, then you exist in poverty, and you are poverty."
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm
<quoted text>
Direct opposite.
It all begins and ends with you.
Learn it, live it, love it.
<quoted text>
Why? Buddhists are doing fine on their own.
If we follow your gnostic "truth" where will you lead us?

Will it be to a home with one god of enlightenment that matches up with your enlightenment?

:)

Quesnel, Canada

#474022 Aug 30, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol ..it's bad But it's,funny
:)

Quesnel, Canada

#474023 Aug 30, 2013
They couldn't fool this child.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

From the book …“Billy” by Pamela Stephenson … comes the following.

One day, Jesus had come into conversation at home and Billy referred to Jesus as having been a Catholic, which was his seven-year-old misunderstanding. Aunt Margaret corrected him.‘Jesus wasn’t Catholic, Jesus was a Jew.’

‘Oh,’ he said with innocent surprise,‘does that mean we’re Jews?’

‘Where did you come up with that one?‘ she sneered, and continued to ridicule him until he was in his teens.‘Does that mean we’re Jewish?’ she would mimic him.

Quesnel, Canada

#474025 Aug 30, 2013
If Jesus lived and was a Jew faithful to Judaism, the ideal religion would BE Judaism?

So why are YOU Christians and Muslims? Your beliefs and rituals are all anti-Judaism ... you practice anti-Semitism.

You know it's true!

You all live lives filled with lies.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#474026 Aug 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well as you can post yards and yards of words to others ... I suggest it shouldn't take long to explain once again to me what you believe is based on TRUTH.
Please humor me and explain where you believe your spirit will end in its journey.
Will you be with an enlightened god, who by the way never created evil ... or just with other spirits that are fully enlightened as are you?
I'll wait impatiently for your "divine" answer.
Through honesty, I've reserved to say where I [my spirit] will end up, BECAUSE I DON"T KNOW!!

But that doesn't mean I don't like to believe it will be in some sort of "paradise", because that would be untrue. I want to beleive we all go to someplace special that is "pure love".

But alas, since I have not died, had any NDEs, or anything, I guess I have to just wait, just like everyone else, but being honest in the manner of what I have said - I don't know.

Again, those who tell you there is a place, are only using their Self to formulate a fantasy, and in truth, they have no idea where they will be going either.

Quesnel, Canada

#474027 Aug 30, 2013
You can't own knowledge of anything that is "hidden."

That is a contradiction of terms.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Occult

The occult (from the Latin word occultus "clandestine, hidden, secret") is "knowledge of the hidden".

https://www.google.ca/#q=occult

Albuquerque, NM

#474028 Aug 30, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
It COUKD come any time or nit for a thousand years.
We don't promote.
It will come ..no one knows when
Hope and faith = Self.

"No one knows when" - but you will believe that it eventually will, and seem to look forward to it, based upon the texts you uphold as "true".

You do promote it.

Albuquerque, NM

#474029 Aug 30, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~~
THE BIBLE SAYS
Mat 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
NOTE
Mat 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
Mat 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place,(whoso readeth, let him understand:)
"And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come."

a. This has been completed.
b. No end is near.
c. Bible is incorrect in the literal meaning, thus this passage MUST have an altogether different meaning. Thus those who have interpretted incorrectly, like you, have been applying an erroneous meaning to something you have not researched enough.

Why do you believe men?

Albuquerque, NM

#474030 Aug 30, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>==========
I'm going to complex this a bit. Please bear with me. To me there are 2 worlds or dimensions. One is the physical world. It operates by physical laws and can usually be reasonably proven through logic and the scientific method.
But there is also a spiritual dimension or world. It operateds according to spiritual laws. Man ( theologians)intellectualize and think they know its nature and laws but in their finite mind only grasp a small piece. The spiritual dimension does not operate by physical laws. Logic will not prove it. The scientific method is useless with regard to it.Science will never prove spiritual realities.I say this as a student of philosophy and as one who has used the scientific method.
The answer is I am partly a physical being.I exist in a physical world. The rheumatologist is healing me through physical treatment and physical medicine.
But who moves the mover? 2 years and none out of a string of doctors thinks of referring me to a rheumatologist. 3 hospitals. 3 years. How many doctors? Teams of doctors.Nothing. All I wanted is a diagnosis.
My wife has 2 monasteries as well as many from here, and others praying.Suddenly someone thinks .Refer him to a rheumatologist. Where did that come from after 2 years? The same Dr who said well we may never figure it out. A doctor from one of the top 20 ranked hospitals for pulmonary in the country. He couldn't figure out a diagnosis.So so many tests on many machines. The best science has to offer..I see a "rheumatologist" and am diagnosed in 3 days.
Use the scientific method on an experiment with prayer and you will prove nothing.Pursue this philosophically :for instance why did I get it, why doesn't God heal everyone ,etc, and you will get lost.
Look at it through spiritual eyes (the Orthodox call it nous) and you get it. Christ healed me.I have no doubt about this. As a thinking educated person I have no doubt about this.
There is a story in the Bible where a blind man is healed. The village interrogates him. Asks him a thousand questions- political, theological,philosophical. The blind man answers "All I know is that I was blind and now I can see"
Praise my Savior Jesus Christ!!! People can give me philosophy and reasons. He gives me life.
What occurred to you spiritually that caused the healing? Please be specific.

And please do not use the would "I" or any affiliation to yourself when responding.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 9 hr Mr Sir 10,109
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May 27 Gods r Delusions ... 4
News Pope Francis eases way for divorced Catholics w... May 27 truth 55
News Pope Francis meets top Sunni cleric May 24 Bullet Proof Pope 1
News Pope Francis: Islam's Friend, Christianity's Foe? May 23 naman 1
News Pope Francis meets with victims of child sexual... May 20 humor in everything 2
News Pope says he's willing to study women deacons, ... May 16 Redeemed 3
More from around the web