Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687387 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#474023 Aug 30, 2013
They couldn't fool this child.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

From the book …“Billy” by Pamela Stephenson … comes the following.

One day, Jesus had come into conversation at home and Billy referred to Jesus as having been a Catholic, which was his seven-year-old misunderstanding. Aunt Margaret corrected him.‘Jesus wasn’t Catholic, Jesus was a Jew.’

‘Oh,’ he said with innocent surprise,‘does that mean we’re Jews?’

‘Where did you come up with that one?‘ she sneered, and continued to ridicule him until he was in his teens.‘Does that mean we’re Jewish?’ she would mimic him.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#474025 Aug 30, 2013
If Jesus lived and was a Jew faithful to Judaism, the ideal religion would BE Judaism?

So why are YOU Christians and Muslims? Your beliefs and rituals are all anti-Judaism ... you practice anti-Semitism.

You know it's true!

You all live lives filled with lies.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#474026 Aug 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well as you can post yards and yards of words to others ... I suggest it shouldn't take long to explain once again to me what you believe is based on TRUTH.
Please humor me and explain where you believe your spirit will end in its journey.
Will you be with an enlightened god, who by the way never created evil ... or just with other spirits that are fully enlightened as are you?
I'll wait impatiently for your "divine" answer.
Through honesty, I've reserved to say where I [my spirit] will end up, BECAUSE I DON"T KNOW!!

But that doesn't mean I don't like to believe it will be in some sort of "paradise", because that would be untrue. I want to beleive we all go to someplace special that is "pure love".

But alas, since I have not died, had any NDEs, or anything, I guess I have to just wait, just like everyone else, but being honest in the manner of what I have said - I don't know.

Again, those who tell you there is a place, are only using their Self to formulate a fantasy, and in truth, they have no idea where they will be going either.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#474027 Aug 30, 2013
You can't own knowledge of anything that is "hidden."

That is a contradiction of terms.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Occult

The occult (from the Latin word occultus "clandestine, hidden, secret") is "knowledge of the hidden".

https://www.google.ca/#q=occult

Albuquerque, NM

#474028 Aug 30, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
It COUKD come any time or nit for a thousand years.
We don't promote.
It will come ..no one knows when
Hope and faith = Self.

"No one knows when" - but you will believe that it eventually will, and seem to look forward to it, based upon the texts you uphold as "true".

You do promote it.

Albuquerque, NM

#474029 Aug 30, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~
THE BIBLE SAYS
Mat 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
NOTE
Mat 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
Mat 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place,(whoso readeth, let him understand:)
"And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come."

a. This has been completed.
b. No end is near.
c. Bible is incorrect in the literal meaning, thus this passage MUST have an altogether different meaning. Thus those who have interpretted incorrectly, like you, have been applying an erroneous meaning to something you have not researched enough.

Why do you believe men?

Albuquerque, NM

#474030 Aug 30, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>==========
I'm going to complex this a bit. Please bear with me. To me there are 2 worlds or dimensions. One is the physical world. It operates by physical laws and can usually be reasonably proven through logic and the scientific method.
But there is also a spiritual dimension or world. It operateds according to spiritual laws. Man ( theologians)intellectualize and think they know its nature and laws but in their finite mind only grasp a small piece. The spiritual dimension does not operate by physical laws. Logic will not prove it. The scientific method is useless with regard to it.Science will never prove spiritual realities.I say this as a student of philosophy and as one who has used the scientific method.
The answer is I am partly a physical being.I exist in a physical world. The rheumatologist is healing me through physical treatment and physical medicine.
But who moves the mover? 2 years and none out of a string of doctors thinks of referring me to a rheumatologist. 3 hospitals. 3 years. How many doctors? Teams of doctors.Nothing. All I wanted is a diagnosis.
My wife has 2 monasteries as well as many from here, and others praying.Suddenly someone thinks .Refer him to a rheumatologist. Where did that come from after 2 years? The same Dr who said well we may never figure it out. A doctor from one of the top 20 ranked hospitals for pulmonary in the country. He couldn't figure out a diagnosis.So so many tests on many machines. The best science has to offer..I see a "rheumatologist" and am diagnosed in 3 days.
Use the scientific method on an experiment with prayer and you will prove nothing.Pursue this philosophically :for instance why did I get it, why doesn't God heal everyone ,etc, and you will get lost.
Look at it through spiritual eyes (the Orthodox call it nous) and you get it. Christ healed me.I have no doubt about this. As a thinking educated person I have no doubt about this.
There is a story in the Bible where a blind man is healed. The village interrogates him. Asks him a thousand questions- political, theological,philosophical. The blind man answers "All I know is that I was blind and now I can see"
Praise my Savior Jesus Christ!!! People can give me philosophy and reasons. He gives me life.
What occurred to you spiritually that caused the healing? Please be specific.

And please do not use the would "I" or any affiliation to yourself when responding.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#474031 Aug 30, 2013
Opposite Word of occult:

"known, natural"

http://www.opposite-word.com/default.asp
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#474032 Aug 30, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Through honesty, I've reserved to say where I [my spirit] will end up, BECAUSE I DON"T KNOW!!
But that doesn't mean I don't like to believe it will be in some sort of "paradise", because that would be untrue. I want to beleive we all go to someplace special that is "pure love".
But alas, since I have not died, had any NDEs, or anything, I guess I have to just wait, just like everyone else, but being honest in the manner of what I have said - I don't know.
Again, those who tell you there is a place, are only using their Self to formulate a fantasy, and in truth, they have no idea where they will be going either.
If you don't know any answers, why are you promoting your special brand of Gnosticism as though it is of high value?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#474033 Aug 30, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Growing up, I understood that the Catholic Church was the Roman Catholic Church by virtue of their own doing; and that was the official title of the Church. I didn't pay attention to the faith anyway, let alone the proper title. Lol.
In MN we have a Byzantine Catholic and Ukrainian Catholic Church in Minneapolis. In a Saint Paul suburb there is a Maronite Catholic Church. In no way are they lesser than the Roman Catholic Church. It wouldn't be proper to tell one of them that they are 'Roman' Catholic, but that's exactly what Protestant England did. That's where the title Roman came from.(I believe around that time, we were identified as Latin Catholics).
Well all I know,as I said is that the CHUTCH I went to..the School I went to..in different cities actually ..the school and church I went to
In a different State ...all referred to THEMSELVES as,Roman Catholic
With the,Roman Catholic Holy See at their head ..ruled by the Pope!!!

Nothing about the Anglican church ..

Just nuns..priest and bishops calling it Roman Catholic along EITH my CATECHISM ..

All from the CHURCH itself .

I understand There are,Protestants, who might not have liked the CHURCH
IN THE MIDDLE AGES ..with good reasons,we won't go into..church of England had the king as its head ..whole other agenda...And the people with their bibles were persecuted by them also ..

But The RCC indeed c a Lord itself the RCC..and it seems,silly to think THEY did it to please the Episcopal church ..
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#474034 Aug 30, 2013
Just as Jews who are faithful to Judaism are anti all other religions ... those in religion that don't adhere to Judaism are anti-Semitic.

There is no way around that issue.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#474035 Aug 30, 2013
How can an anti-Semitist profess to worship a Jew?

That is a contradiction of terms.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#474036 Aug 30, 2013
Even though the Muslims are very anti-Semitic, they don't stoop so low as do the Christians who profess to their death-beds that while dissing Judaism as being based on any semblance of truth ... they all the while worship a Jew.

That practice is about as low as it gets.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#474037 Aug 30, 2013
An agnostic professes to not know the answers.

Believers all too often profess to know the truth of what occurs in a hereafter.

There is NO humility in that claim of knowing.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Opposite Word of agnostic:

believer

http://www.opposite-word.com/default.asp

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#474038 Aug 30, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
What occurred to you spiritually that caused the healing? Please be specific.
And please do not use the would "I" or any affiliation to yourself when responding.
You may recall my saying that the human intellect is not expansive enough to capture the spiritual.To define specifically what happened spiritually would would be presumptive and kind of arrogant of me.

This is often my problem when those of various denominations who try to delineate what exactly happens to us when we die,etc.Catholicism has lost its purity by its intellectual speculation and " doctrinal development".

Orthodox somewhat but. always has been satisfied saying we are not God, its a mystery.

For me to presume to tell you what happened spiritually, I would have to try to use reason, logic and science. These are fairly useful instruments for the physical world but not the spiritual.
I have read philosophy.Philosophy falls short in any attempt to prove or disprove God.

How do I know Christ healed me? We know God through union with God-relationship.It is another faculty to use other than conceptually finding our way to God. Very learned me have written on this in the Orthodox faith.There is a theological basis that has been developed over 2000 years.

BUT,the most educated could not get it and the least educated can, It is called humility, surrender, FAITH.

I have always enjoyed my dialogues with you.This one as well. I know you disagree.

OldJG

Rockford, IL

#474039 Aug 30, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry O 7, you are wrong on this one…..
“Christ did not say, "Sit down and write Bibles and scatter them over the earth, and let every man read his Bible and judge for himself." If Christ had said that, there would never have been a Christianity on the earth at all, but a Babylon and confusion instead, and never one Church, the union of one body. Hence, Christ never said to His Apostles, "Go and write Bibles and distribute them, and let everyone judge for himself." That injunction was reserved for the Sixteenth Century, and we have seen the result of it. Ever since the Sixteenth Century there have been springing up religion upon religion, and churches upon churches, all fighting and quarreling with one another, and all because of the private interpretation of the Bible.
Christ sent His Apostles with authority to teach all nations, and never gave them any
command of writing the Bible. And the Apostles went forth and preached everywhere,
and planted the Church of God throughout the earth, but never thought of writing.“
And one more thing, NOT EVERYTHING IS IN HOLY SCRIPTURE.
We read in
John 21:24-25
"24
It is this disciple who testifies to these things and has written them, and we know that his testimony is true.
There are also many other things that Jesus did, but if these were to be described individually, I do not think the whole world would contain the books that would be written."
This is why we have Traditions! We believe in BOTH, written and oral Traditions.
You said, quote, "And one more thing, NOT EVERYTHING IS IN HOLY SCRIPTURE.
We read in
John 21:24-25, 24 "This is the disciple who is bearing witness about these things, and who has written these things, and we know that his testimony is true. 25 Now there are also many other things that Jesus did. Were every one of them to be written, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books that would be written." End quote.(ESV)

Really? Why just the other day I was looking for a recipe for pot roast and to my amazement when I looked in the Bible I could not find it. Wow StarC, you are right. Not everything is in the Bible. Duh.....

The Bible was written and contains everything a man, woman, boy or girl would need to know and believe to be saved. That is why the Bible was written. Do you understand?

You said, quote, "This is why we have Traditions! We believe in BOTH, written and oral Traditions." End quote.

No, actually the Roman Catholic church believes in oral tradition so they can re-create the Gospel to fit their theology. Oral tradition is much like a verbal contract. Is it fair to say most people purchase their home by a verbal contract or do they purchase their home by a written contract? If you purchased your home with funds from a lending institution you did so by written contract. Why was your contract with the lending institution written and not oral? Could it be oral contracts are based on how the contract is remembered by each party whereas written is proof of how the contract truly was established between the parties. Black print on white paper. Not guess work by recollection.

Finally, in the Bible Jesus says many times, "it is written". Jesus uses the written word of God as proof positive to defend His position not oral remarks from a third party. Can you provide proof of any kind, from anyplace or anyone that would suggest Jesus ever said, "it is tradition". Did Jesus give tradition the same validity and authority He gave the written word of God? If not, why not?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#474040 Aug 30, 2013
What does the word "hope" define in a Biblical context? All are welcome to answer.

Albuquerque, NM

#474041 Aug 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't know any answers, why are you promoting your special brand of Gnosticism as though it is of high value?
I don't promote Gnosticism.

I promote the utilization of teachings by Jesus.

Men had labeled them as "Gnostic", not "God".

I consider them words written by a man, who heard them from another man.

You place too much importance on the words and labels men have applied to the texts.

Move past the words and understand their meanings.

Albuquerque, NM

#474042 Aug 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If we follow your gnostic "truth" where will you lead us?
Will it be to a home with one god of enlightenment that matches up with your enlightenment?
:)
I'm not asking you to follow anythgin I state.

That would have to be a decision YOU make.

Self.

I'm not sure why this is so hard for you to understand.

Oh wait, I know. You had been part of a religious organization that required you to believe aa certain way, you now have to ask if it is okay to believe differently, or you will get in some sort of trouble.

Is that the reason?

:o)

Albuquerque, NM

#474043 Aug 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess the same reasons why you promote separation of physical and the spiritual - because it is what you believe, and you have a freedom established that allows you to speak the way you do.

I'm just as special as you are.

Don't be disappointed, be happy for me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sep 22 Eyes on Christ 10,638
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep 19 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep 11 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug '17 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul '17 Anti- 2
More from around the web