Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 22,862)

Showing posts 457,221 - 457,240 of529,852
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
"I have witnessed with my own eyes what my mother in law and my Aunt experienced before they passed."
- You only witnessed their death, but had no part in what they may have seen or heard as they died and then passed.
- You, for your own comfort, only want the best for them, no matter what they believed or how they believed, so you believe in the "Comfort" instead of the actualities that you can't seem to come to terms with and say - "I really don't know what happened to them."
This is where you fail at being honest.
"The man that my father in law seen in the hospital that was near death was screaming and saying "I can feel the flames of hell."
- A "secondhand story" FoL? Do you always believe something someone else tells you that occurred to another person?
- Yep - this is why you are a so-called "Christian", because you can't accept first-hand accounts, like Thomas. You'd rather hear about what you are to believe from "a friend of a friend of a friend".
Do you even understadn what you are saying?
First and fore most,get this straight dude!!!

My father in law is a Godly man that does not lie,period.

I have a lot of confidence in what he say's.

He lives what he preaches.

Second thing,I know with all my heart that what my Mother in law and my Aunt experienced really happened.

They were both Godly women who loved the Lord with all their hearts,just as I love Him.

They lived Godly lives and I truly believe that if a person is saved and ready to leave this old sinful world that the Lord takes that sting of death away by showing them His presence.

God uses others,even through death for a witness.

Now,you don't have to believe one word I say.

I could care less what you think.

And don't post back about "self",you have beat that dead horse way too many times.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong!! I don't have ANY hate for the faith of non-catholics. For those who respect our Catholic Faith, I will return that respect!!
For those who chose to attack our (historically and biblically TRUE) CATHOLIC CHRISTIAN FAITH (of which many bible only Protestants have come on this forum--"for that purpose only" they will "feel the heat" in return!!--The difference Rosesz is that you believe in a "bible only" religion that has ABSOLUTELY no basis of biblical or historical truth to back up ANYTHING that it teach. Sola Scriptura was never believed or taught by anyone until the 18th century. It is nothing more than an extension of the Reformation---a "man-made doctrine of belief"! And of course it is your personal decision to believe what you want! HOWEVER, Jesus Christ left HIS apostles,disciples and followers HIS CHURCH---not the bible! There was no "written word" (no bible) until over 350 years after the death of Christ. It was the Early Church Fathers who forme and complied the Canon of Scripture, from the letters, documents,and parchments from the Apostles in 382,393 and 397. The Church came first and then the bible!! If you really think that the bible is the only way for salvation, then what about the Christians, who for the 1st 1500 years--didn't have a bible. In I Timothy 3:15 Paul calls "THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH! He follows this up by saying, "if you have a question, conflict or disagreement, take it to the Church for clarification. Jesus established an "authority" for Christians, here on earth and that authority for TRUTH,is in and through HIS One True (Universal) Apostolic Catholic Church. Jesus Christ established an authority here on earth to preserve HIS revelation and decide the Bible Canon--and that authority is in Our Lords Holy Catholic Church. If you
disagree, then tell me what authority determined the Bible Canon!!!
You've obviously not read what I've posted many times..

Jesus did indeed use His disciples to spread HIS WORD .
The bible was,PUT TOGETHER years after the writings that make it up .
The letters to the Churches .in other words the SEPARATE bodies of believers ..which make up the Bride of Christ ..

The entity known as the Catholic Church came later ..But indeed did put together the writings ...which already existed inti the bible .

I believe in the scriptures. They contain the teachings of the apostles and Paul .

As far as Church goes I don't believe any priest or pastor can save anyone ..Only Jesus can .

I've had THe sacraments from the priests and Bishop ..they did not save Me.

JESUS did with the free gift of Grace giving me TRUE ABIDING FAITH .

the bible did not save Me.

The Spirit did .

Jesus through the HOLY Spirit leads us to Salvation

Is there proof ..yes in my o w n heart and Spirit ..And in the Scriptures...which you believe it not ..came long before the Catholic Church became the entity it is .

We're there churches ..yes ..they are named in the bible ..

We are all members of the CHURCH ..the bride of Christ .
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Make a scene by kneeling in prayer to God....uh, huh, okay.
That's exactly what I thought. That preacher whipped himself up into a furry about how we should kneel. He would frequently preach in such a way that insulted the intelligence of the audience, all in a tone of voice which betrayed an unmistakable disdain for them. And he never made a salient point about anything. Incidently, he had a heart attack a few months after his "kneeling" sermon. I wasn't surprised. He survived and his sermons have since not been so abusive.

Proty preachers must learn this preaching/speaking technique at Bible college. Nearly every single one of them use this approach. It's to where hearing a proty sermon raises the hairs on the back of my neck.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

<quoted text>
There is no proof that this occurred.
It is correct men wrote the texts within the Bible, men chose the texts to be included within the Bible. The HS had nothing to do with it.
Unless you think the HS inspired an additional 300+ men, besides the many unknown authors of the NT texts. Do you?
<quoted text>
Good. What teachings are you missing or not following?
<quoted text>
You don't know this, so why state it?
Please state where "God" specifically lists which texts are inspired and which are not. Please post the date that corresponds to this specific statement.
<quoted text>
DOyou have any proof of this, or is this what you want to believe?
Jesus never called himself "God the Son", why do you?
<quoted text>
Two different statements, that neither have anything to do with each other.
True, in that the "truth can be known" - when we die.
False conclusion to state that you know "God" intimately enough to establish that he is the "unchanging Creator of the Universe".
- There is no proof that any god exists or existed. It is just a belief that was formulated by men for men to control others.
Why do you think those men were accurate, considering their limited access of "God" and that they are fallible?
<quoted text>
No - faith is learned.
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
God has established His Church as the authority in Faith and Morals.
...says men, not "God".
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
He promised that the gates of Hell will never prevail against it.

...says men, not "God"
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe Him and I trust His Church to guide the people in these matters.

How so? You only believe in a portion of Jesus.

You clearly refuse to believe Jesus when he states:
(3) Jesus says:

(1) "If those who lead you say to you:‘Look, the kingdom is in the sky!’
then the birds of the sky will precede you.
(2) If they say to you:‘It is in the sea,’ then the fishes will precede you.
(3) Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and outside of you."
(4) "When you come to know yourselves, then you will be known,
and you will realize that you are the children of the living Father.
(5) But if you do not come to know yourselves, then you exist in poverty, and you are poverty."

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm

You must like believing what men have told you.

One does not need men or any organization to believe or love "God". They just need to make a personal decision to do so.

No religion required. No words required. Nothing is required, except a decision to do so.
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Therefore all the books of the Bible were given to us ultimately by the guidance of the HS so that mankind might be saved from eternal destruction.

More requirements, but yet you can't post where these requirements have been stated by "God".

You'll post all other pseudo-sources, but never a statement by "God".

*sighs*

<<continued>>

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
God did this out of Love for us whom He created.
...as said by men.
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
The HS may or may not have inspired other writers.
Well, I gotta give you credit for at least acknowledging that honesty can be spoken by yourself.

In other words, you don't know what the HS or "God" can or cannot do, so please don't claim you can.
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not for me to say who He did or did not inspire, unless what they write clearly goes against the teachings of the Church and Scripture.
Darn tootin' you can't say, because you don't know.

Not one living person on this planet can justify soemthing as being inspired and something is not. Only men make these decisions and you follow right along on their coat-tails expressing the same.

Why do you believe men over Jesus?
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Teachings, I am not missing.

Yes you are.
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm
"Jesus said" - appears alot - indicating a teaching by Jesus

Strike one.

ttp://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/g th_pat_rob.htm
"1 The teaching [of the Savi]or and the re[vel]ation of the mysteries [together with the things] hidden in silence a[nd those (things) w]hich he taught to Joh[n, his dis]ciple."

Strike two.

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/dialog.html
"The Savior said to his disciples,"

Strike three.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

I have a Jewish Bible,written by the Jewish press,and circulated to all Jewish congregations throughout the Chicago area.

This Bible brings out the ten commandments,but I will post what it says:

First commandment of the LORD GOD to Moses EXODUS

I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.
YOU shall have no other gods beside me.
You shall not make for yourself any idols in the shape of anything that is in heaven above,or that is on the earth below, or that is in the water under the earth.
You shall not bow down to them nor worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing children for the sins of their fathers, down to the third or fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing kindness to the thousandth generation of those who love me and keep my commandments.
You shall not utter the name of the Lord your God in vain; for the Lord will not hold guiltless anyone who utters his name in vain.

Perhaps you can say we do not do that,but you broke the commandment from the start by making the statues,carved,and enshrined to begin with,whether you worship them or not is immaterial,you already disobeyed the LORD.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

<<continued>>
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
The directives necessary for salvation have been given to the Church by God. He does not make these secret. However, I have failed in obeying them all the time.
a. The so-called "Church" has never been defined unanimously, so your use of it is only in the way you express it - as an opinion.

b. Correct, "God" or the HS didn't make any text secret, although men tried to by destroying, labeling, and refusing to acknowledge any and all texts that could be construed as such.

And guess what, you fell for it. Bummer for you.
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that God does not have multiple personalities since such an entity could not have created this universe which always and everywhere (so far as we can determine) obeys the rules of physics all while being incredibly complex. It is a unified whole, therefore it's Creator is a unified whole.
You don't know anythgin about the personal aspects of "God", so please don't claim that you do. You only know of a "God" based upon stories other men have written.

This is another failure of you showing me that you are honest.
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
As for Jesus being God, I refer you once again to the books which are written on this topic. Either Jesus was/is God or He was a lunatic. You can follow the logic of the argument or not.
Books written by men, describing the topic is not Jesus stating he is "God". Why don't you post the specific passage - anywhere - canon or non-canon, that has Jesus stating: "I am God."

Specific. Got it? Direct and very straight-forward. "I am God."
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I call Jesus "God the Son" because He is God the Son. See the above paragraph.
You call Jesus, "God the Son", because other people told you to believe it this way.

When you can honest admit that Jesus never called himself "God", then you can admit to using honesty. It is that simple.
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe the truth can only be known when we die. I wonder, then, whether you believe there is a hell and a heaven and if so, are there requirements one must meet before arriving either place? I am curious. Since that will help me understand what kind of god you believe in.
You haven't been reading any of my previous posts, huh?

I went through all of this with June. I am not going to go through it again with you. You amy go back in the forum posts and look for those entries though.

As I have stated numerous times, my beliefs are really of no concern to you. If you want to post a refutation to why I think the RCC promote bologna, then do so, but please try to stay focused with the forum's topic.

Thanks for reading my post and responding.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it would help me out a lot if you could just state what "all absolute truths" you believe in.
That would really help, instead of you being evasive and trying to play tag.
I did post three. To post "ALL" would take me years. I'd rather write a book and publish it, if I were to do that.

From the post you responded with:
Sure I believe in an absolute truth.
- Christianity only believes in a portion of Jesus, whereas I believe in all of Jesus.
- Christianity uses more of what "Paul's gospel" states than they do of Jesus.
- Christianity uses less than six of the original 13 Apostles to come to some sort of truth.
All abosolute truths that I believe.

"instead of you being evasive and trying to play tag."
- Ad hominem.
- I post direct statements. Whether or not you read them is not my concern. But with you stating I don't post certain things, because you think I am being evasive, then maybe you should ask for clarification to what I post, instead of assuming I am not responding.

Maybe, you just don't like the statements I do post and are using this tactic to evade dealing with them altogether. I don't know. Diversion shows itself in so many different ways with your people. Your response has been very similar with other so-called "Christians", even after I've explained what I wrote multiple times. I think you just don't understand Jesus.

I think you guys just want to stay away from Jesus, but claim you are "in communion" with him, just so people will leave you to wallow alone aimlessly under teh guise that men put forth.

*shrugs*
Regina

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're pathetic...
I proved it and you know it. Lets why you've been gone for a few months. Now go to your priest and confess.
Like I said, no born again experience whatsoever...none.
It didn't take as long as I thought it would. I estimated two or three more posts before you started with the lies and name calling.

Once you learn what Christians believe and why, get back to me. Until then, adios, Charles. Don't forget that altar call on, what is it now, Wednesday nights? lol.....
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
It is true that satan works his evil where ever he can and always tries to corrupt what is good, righteous, and true.
The Catholic Church is by no means perfect in all that She does. She is only infallible in teaching matters of Faith and Morals. Certainly, like every other group of people, there are sinners of all stripes. That, if nothing else, unifies the entire world.
I am aware that not everyone believes the things the CC teaches, nor do they worship the way the CC does. You are free to not accept the Apparitions and all other private revelations. You are free to not wear the scapular, pray the rosary, fast, and give alms. You are free to refuse to venerate the saints. You are free to reject the Sacraments. You are free to reject all spiritual authority which is over you. You are certainly free to skip Church on Sunday's as well. You are free to reject any and all doctrine which has been taught and believed since the time of Christ. You are absolutely free to reject anything you choose to reject and tailor make "christianity" to suit yourself.
(Just saying that is what so many people do. I'm not accusing you of these things.)
Something to think about though: Oxbox steadily claims he is Christian, yet he doesn't believe that Jesus is God the Son. So, the question is...how much "Christianity" can you throw out before you are no longer "Christian"?
Just Sayin,I told you what I am able to reject,but you added much more to it,that which I do not reject.

I do not reject what the Biblical basis for Sacraments are,and I definitely do not reject almsgiving,or fasting.Try not to stretch the things I say,and I will not try to stretch yours as well.

There is nothing about my Lord that I can diminish,because to me to reject the Deity of Christ is to MISS totally the whole Gospel of Jesus Christ.The INCARNATION is the first Doctrine of our Lord Jesus that proclaims with all greatness and truth,that HE is GOD in the flesh,Immanuel God with us. There are no such things as superheroes in heaven.Jesus is not a super human creation,but He is begooten of the Father,One in substance with the Father,NOT created.

The garden of Gethsemane,His trial,the Scourging,the Crown of Thorns,Carrying His Cross,being nailed to that cross,all He said while on the Cross,the wound to His side,and His saying IT IS FINISHED,HIS death,and finally His Resurrection all point to His Deity,that God became MAN dwelt amongst us,and was put to death for our sins.ONLY God could know how to redeem His people,and the whole human race!

Christ is our Authority,and we know it through believing the Word,and the Holy Spirit who witnesses to our spirit.It is the revelation of the Lord Jesus.He alone is our authority,because the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit are sufficient within the ONE True God,forever and ever!

Will be back later,have to run for now!

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I once told you exactly what I posted here today...anyone can change them, just as we've been explaining to you. It's no big deal, not sure why you're making it one, and no idea why you insist that I'm the one who's doing it. I told you I very seldom use them anymore. If they bother you so much, maybe you shouldn't come here. Lots of people lurking on these boards, Sera. You admitted doing it for months. Now take your hate somewhere else, it's ugly and tiresome.
She has every right to be Here as much as you do .

THere are people who ONLY lurk ..do bad icons ..And don't post

Depends on where you see the icons pop up..I imagine as to who is doing them .

If I see pages,of posts with only icons on my posts ...I'm pretty sure of the source .

I imagine others like SERA,feel the same .

Personally unless,I see a truly obnoxious ..nasty and vulgar post .And thankfully this forum is not a place I see them.

.I think icons are childish just because you may not agree with a,poster .

It's like THrowing a temper tantrum instead of stating an opinion .

IMO

I for one miss Nick and SERA,..so I hope they do not leave ..

How about some old fashioned hospitality ..just saying

Also how come you know SO MUCH about icons and changing them .
And why bother..
Regina

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post had the initials of a cuss word, ask your friend Clay because he said that is not actually cussing. Tony on the other hand said it is because you were insinuating it.
Take it up with them sweetheart..you're pathetic
Tony?? The same Tony you detest because he's a homosexual? That Tony? You people take "the enemy of your enemy is your friend" to new heights. Or lows, depending on how you look at it.

Get lost.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

I asked for a specific statement by "God" or as you now state, the HS.
Please post this passage.
If you don't have one or do not know, just admit it honestly.
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on.
Where are we going now?

:o)
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
"The Holy Spirit guided the Church in determining the canon of Scripture." is not in the Bible.

True. So please post the statement by "God" that specifically states which texts are inspired and which are not.

I don't care if it is in the Bible or not. BUT - I am looking for "God" to have said this, and not some many.

If "God" stated what you said above, please post the citation and/or link to this statement by "God".

C'mon JS - this isn't rocket science to figure out.

You aren't afraid of admitting he doesn't, are you?
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you Bible-alone now?
Never have been, so no.
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you want me to ask God for a note in which He confesses that He guided the Church, complete with His signature, so I can bring it to you for you to examine? And so what if I did, you wouldn't believe it anyway.
If you can get that, that will be sufficient as well.

But since "God" hasn't spoken to anyone in many millenia, I think this shot isn't going to happen.

But in truth, this is where you fail to be honest with me. Even your snide remark shows you don't have any statements by "God" stating which texts are inspired.

Which can only mean that you uphold that which men are to have you believe to be accurate. Which is a ruse to many people, including you.

Afraid to admit this, is why you are still a so-called "Christian".
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith is a gift.
Citation please that shows faith is a gift.

Please include the paths that this fatih is given to individuals and how they have maintained this faith to be accurate and true.

Faith is learned.
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
It's been said that there are 3 types of people:
1) One who has sought God and has found Him
2) One who is seeking Him and hasn't found Him yet
3) One who doesn't seek Him at all.
They say alot of things about people.

They also say that religious apologists were indoctrinated into the religion they hold, because they never researched the religion before joining. Which is a fairly true statement, considering a majority of so-called Catholics never got to decide upon what belief they have, due to an indoctrination into their parents religion.

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
It is true that satan works his evil where ever he can and always tries to corrupt what is good, righteous, and true.
The Catholic Church is by no means perfect in all that She does. She is only infallible in teaching matters of Faith and Morals. Certainly, like every other group of people, there are sinners of all stripes. That, if nothing else, unifies the entire world.
I am aware that not everyone believes the things the CC teaches, nor do they worship the way the CC does. You are free to not accept the Apparitions and all other private revelations. You are free to not wear the scapular, pray the rosary, fast, and give alms. You are free to refuse to venerate the saints. You are free to reject the Sacraments. You are free to reject all spiritual authority which is over you. You are certainly free to skip Church on Sunday's as well. You are free to reject any and all doctrine which has been taught and believed since the time of Christ. You are absolutely free to reject anything you choose to reject and tailor make "christianity" to suit yourself.
(Just saying that is what so many people do. I'm not accusing you of these things.)
Something to think about though: Oxbox steadily claims he is Christian, yet he doesn't believe that Jesus is God the Son. So, the question is...how much "Christianity" can you throw out before you are no longer "Christian"?
And sometimes maybe ..how to say this nicely ..all Catholics on here DO not reflect Catholic or Christian teaching . I have come across one or two ...well ..let's leave it at that

Same for some non Catholics ..some reflect the teachings of Christ ...some do not ..And in some cases,maybe there is a confusion they cannot help??

Just sayin.:)

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Pad wrote:
I have a Jewish Bible,written by the Jewish press,and circulated to all Jewish congregations throughout the Chicago area.
This Bible brings out the ten commandments,but I will post what it says:
First commandment of the LORD GOD to Moses EXODUS
I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.
YOU shall have no other gods beside me.
You shall not make for yourself any idols in the shape of anything that is in heaven above,or that is on the earth below, or that is in the water under the earth.
You shall not bow down to them nor worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing children for the sins of their fathers, down to the third or fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing kindness to the thousandth generation of those who love me and keep my commandments.
You shall not utter the name of the Lord your God in vain; for the Lord will not hold guiltless anyone who utters his name in vain.
Perhaps you can say we do not do that,but you broke the commandment from the start by making the statues,carved,and enshrined to begin with,whether you worship them or not is immaterial,you already disobeyed the LORD.
The Jewish bible was written by Jew FOR only Jews that were faithful to Judaism.

The Catholic new testament was written by ex-Jew Catholics that preached that ONLY Catholics were loved by the god.

If you can't see the lies ... you want to stay blind.

Each theologian wrote to and for ONLY the followers of his own "specific" religion.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

People chose and continue to choose on what to believe.
Yes - Judaism does not believe Jesus was the "Messiah".
Whether or not he was an actual "messiah" has never been determined.
IMO - Jesus never actually stated he was any religion's messiah, but did state much about how the Spirit lives after we die, and his message should be accepted. Some folks took it to the extrememand consider him to be that "Messiah" that has yet to arrive for Judaism.
<quoted text>
Then post the proof you have to prove that, instead of something created in the past five years.
A YouTube video is not proof, but only an opinion.
Also, books = opinion
You aren't proving anythign JS....c'mon, stop trying to appease men.
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
You really want me to post an entire book on topix?.
Is this how YOU divert? I didn't ask you to post anything like that. I ask for you to post "God" specific statements.

You have failed to do this.

Changingh the subject to whatever you want, as long as you can skip over my questions without answering them is the Catholic way.

If you have any knowledge of religion, you would have posted the response accordingly, instead of avoiding it altogether.

What are you afraid of with posting the truth?
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
You are just playing games, is all. If you were really interested in the proof, you would have ordered the book by now..
Funny - considering you haven't posted any "book" reference, here you are admonishing me for not even ordering a "book".

DOH!!
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Instead, you swipe it all away with the back of your hand and claim no proof has been offered. Very insincere.
You haven't posted any proof. When you do, I will respond accordingly. Until then, and more than likely, you and others who have had this question posed to them, will continue to avoid answering it, and carry the burden of arrogance as much as you do.

One day you will realize your lies yourself and own up to them.

When you do, that is the day of being "born again", and you will feel the freedoms from this world, as Jesus also expressed.

I don't play games, nor do I post through insincerity. So your perception ans assessment of my is grossly inaccurate and mistaken.
Say what

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Gunslinger wrote:
<quoted text>
I will say that all in all, LDS has the most decent people I have ever met. Very few hypocrites in your ranks. No drinking, no smoking, no cheating, etc and every LDS I have met has been very polite. Love your commercials too, although I have not seen one lately. You live what you preach. But Catholocism is still the only way to salvation.
Oh, really? No cheating? My friend who is not of the Mormon faith said that the Mormon lady across the road where she lives went after her husband. I do like that Mormons don't drink, smoke tho. I do think the way they think is a little far out there. Morons say The Holy Bible and The Book Of Mormons go hand in hand, that one can't do without the other. The Mormons say there is 3 kingdoms in Heaven, and a outer darkness. While the Holy Bible speaks of one heaven and one hell. In the Holy Bible God said to not add to nor take away from is word. Isn't that what this guy that wrote The Book of Mormon did?

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

<quoted text>
In the least, Thomas was a first gen-Apostle, thus it can be considered a first-hand account.
Now if we were to compare that text with something by "Paul", who was a third generation disciple, you can now understand the difference between the two accounts.
June - all it does is require you to take some time researching.
You are not living in that generation and you don't even acknowledge that the Gnostics were split into approximately fifty different groups even back then, because they couldn't agree even on their own dogmas.

From what I have studied, the Catholic gospels were the first to be compiled as Christianity ... even though they didn't get those gospels compiled into the new testament until the fourth century.

The Gnostic gospels came later.

How you can believe that you Gnosticism is based on absolute truth is not a mystery to me. It is common practice of all people in religion to choose their favorite myths and brag that the myths are based on truth.

You keep suggesting I haven't researched, but you are wrong.

I've spent most of my life researching historical data and comparing one tale of religion to another tale of religion.

That is why I am no longer IN any religion ... including your specialty.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"The Lord's Supper is a symbolic act of obedience whereby members of the church"
Uh huh. Book, chapter and verse where the Lord's Supper is called symbolic.
Matthew 3:13-17; 26:26-30; 28:19-20; Mark 1:9-11; 14:22-26; Luke 3:21-22; 22:19-20; John 3:23; Acts 2:41-42; 8:35-39; 16:30-33; 20:7; Romans 6:3-5; 1 Corinthians 10:16,21; 11:23-29; Colossians 2:12.

There is no salvation in this symbolic act of obedience.
Regina

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what we usually end up arguing...at what point does Christianity become unrecognizable and is no longer the same faith? Ox will eventually post something the protestants here agree with and he'll become their "brother" again. Particularly if it's an anti-Catholic slur. But the fact remains that if he truly doesn't believe that Jesus is God, he isn't a Christian. That's really no different than believing that the Blessed Mother was an incubator since that's a denial of the Incarnation. Sadly, except for a few, most here have created their own faith simply because of a refusal to submit themselves to the authority of the Church so clearly spelled out in Scripture, and which existed before one word of Scripture was ever written.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 457,221 - 457,240 of529,852
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••