Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 596513 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#473734 Aug 28, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
I give up.
You explain what "God with us" means in that verse.
You quoted that particular verse...if you don't know what it means, why did you quote it?????!!!!!

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#473735 Aug 28, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 3:13-17; 26:26-30; 28:19-20; Mark 1:9-11; 14:22-26; Luke 3:21-22; 22:19-20; John 3:23; Acts 2:41-42; 8:35-39; 16:30-33; 20:7; Romans 6:3-5; 1 Corinthians 10:16,21; 11:23-29; Colossians 2:12.
There is no salvation in this symbolic act of obedience.
Isaiah 45:7 CJB
Complete Jewish Bible

I form light, I create darkness; I make well-being, I create woe; I, ADONAI, do all these things.
Read Isaiah 45 CJB | Read Isaiah 45:7 CJB in parallel

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#473736 Aug 28, 2013
Patriot wrote:
Black Death returns: 1 dead in Kyrgyzstan, 3 ill, 131 quarantined – fear rampant
August 28, 2013
http://theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com/20...
----
When the Lamb broke the Fourth Seal, I heard the fourth living being say,“Come!” I looked up and saw a horse whose color was pale green. Its rider was named Death, and his companion was the Grave. These two were given authority over one-fourth of the earth, to kill with the sword (war) and famine and disease (plague) and wild animals.
http://biblehub.com/nlt/revelation/6.htm vs 7,8.
Throughout time GOD has used His "four dreadful judgments" in His dealings with "Wickedness" (see Zechariah 5)-
http://biblehub.com/ezekiel/14-21.htm
The "pale green" mentioned in this article - http://www.thelocal.es/20130826/mystery-meteo... , brings to mind Jesus breaking the fourth seal and this - http://biblehub.com/luke/21-25.htm .
We are entering the Great Tribulation which will include The Trumpets described in "The Revelation of Jesus Christ which GOD gave Him to show..." starting in ch. 8 vs 7 and GOD'S last warning Messages of Revelation 14:6-12 http://biblehub.com/hcsb/revelation/14.htm &
http://biblehub.com/hcsb/revelation/18.htm .
Remember - Christ is our peace with GOD - "It is because of Him (The Father) that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us Wisdom from GOD--that is (Christ Jesus is), our righteousness, holiness and redemption."
http://biblehub.com/1_corinthians/1-30.htm ,
http://biblehub.com/colossians/1-20.htm
Bum-bump-bump....*eerie music begins in the background*

Uh-oh!!

Just to help ease you mind a little.....
- considering on average 150K people die daily, how many deaths do you require, in order to meet your 'end of days' paranoia?

Terrace, Canada

#473737 Aug 28, 2013
Isaiah 45:7 LEB
Lexham English Bible

[I] form light and [I] create darkness; [I] make peace and [I] create evil; I [am] Yahweh; [I] do all these [things].

Read Isaiah 45 LEB | Read Isaiah 45:7 LEB in parallel

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#473738 Aug 28, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you so much again. This really troubled me. You guys came through again. God Bless you.
That goes for me too..some nights we pray together ..Not often enough ..But we pray for your healing ..And sny one else here who needs it ..

For our families ..for their salvation

For peace in the world and ON THIS forum ..we pray in the name of our Lord And Saviour Jesus, Christ
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#473739 Aug 28, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
She has every right to be Here as much as you do .
THere are people who ONLY lurk ..do bad icons ..And don't post
Depends on where you see the icons pop up..I imagine as to who is doing them .
If I see pages,of posts with only icons on my posts ...I'm pretty sure of the source .
I imagine others like SERA,feel the same .
Personally unless,I see a truly obnoxious ..nasty and vulgar post .And thankfully this forum is not a place I see them.
.I think icons are childish just because you may not agree with a,poster .
It's like THrowing a temper tantrum instead of stating an opinion .
IMO
I for one miss Nick and SERA,..so I hope they do not leave ..
How about some old fashioned hospitality ..just saying
Also how come you know SO MUCH about icons and changing them .
And why bother..
Yes, you think it's that person who you said is stalking you, posting under different names and following you around topix. I don't know SO MUCH about them and I don't bother.
Good, now that that's cleared up....

Terrace, Canada

#473740 Aug 28, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Could not have said that better.
The focus should always be on Jesus ..the Father ..the Spirit which
Dwells among us .
Churches themselves are places TO WORSHIP ..JESUS
According to theology ... the father created evil. Why do you lie so much and pretend that (within the very plain theology) that a god that creates evil is trustworthy?

WHY???

You people don't know how to tell even a concept of truth and yet you brag that you know absolute truth.

Despicable animals.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#473741 Aug 28, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is tiresome. Regina they do not have a sincere bone in their body. They have told so many lies its dispicable. It is so obvious they are spiteful and have no forgiveness and toss truth aside just so they can be happy in fogged victory in their small minds. Pray for those who are in leadership to diligently study and strive for commonality. Obviously these two just want to babble nonsense and slander. I find them to be beyond detestable. They have the great Apostle Preston and Ox. I would love for Seres so called Catholic friend to come here and see what they are all about. Sad and pathetic.
Feel better...lol

Terrace, Canada

#473742 Aug 28, 2013
Isaiah 45:7 YLT
Young's Literal Translation

Forming light, and preparing darkness, Making peace, and preparing evil, I [am] Jehovah, doing all these things.'

Read Isaiah 45 YLT | Read Isaiah 45:7 YLT in parallel

Albuquerque, NM

#473743 Aug 28, 2013
Patriot wrote:
Black Death returns: 1 dead in Kyrgyzstan, 3 ill, 131 quarantined – fear rampant
August 28, 2013
http://theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com/20...
----
When the Lamb broke the Fourth Seal, I heard the fourth living being say,“Come!” I looked up and saw a horse whose color was pale green. Its rider was named Death, and his companion was the Grave. These two were given authority over one-fourth of the earth, to kill with the sword (war) and famine and disease (plague) and wild animals.
http://biblehub.com/nlt/revelation/6.htm vs 7,8.
Throughout time GOD has used His "four dreadful judgments" in His dealings with "Wickedness" (see Zechariah 5)-
http://biblehub.com/ezekiel/14-21.htm
The "pale green" mentioned in this article - http://www.thelocal.es/20130826/mystery-meteo... , brings to mind Jesus breaking the fourth seal and this - http://biblehub.com/luke/21-25.htm .
We are entering the Great Tribulation which will include The Trumpets described in "The Revelation of Jesus Christ which GOD gave Him to show..." starting in ch. 8 vs 7 and GOD'S last warning Messages of Revelation 14:6-12 http://biblehub.com/hcsb/revelation/14.htm &
http://biblehub.com/hcsb/revelation/18.htm .
Remember - Christ is our peace with GOD - "It is because of Him (The Father) that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us Wisdom from GOD--that is (Christ Jesus is), our righteousness, holiness and redemption."
http://biblehub.com/1_corinthians/1-30.htm ,
http://biblehub.com/colossians/1-20.htm
--OR--

Maybe you should start a panic attack with this information from the CDC....

"More than 30,000 people in the US have been reported with West Nile virus disease since 1999, and of those almost 13,000 have been seriously ill and over 1,200 have died."
http://www.cdc.gov/Features/WestNileVirus/

People like you, who don't do enough research to uphold an argument, can be considered "beyond silly".

I can understand why you like to believe men and what they tell you, you are gullible, huh?

Take off the religion skull cap, and pick-up some actual Science books, and/or then research your "truths" a little bit more.

Terrace, Canada

#473744 Aug 28, 2013
Whether the lord god is titled as ADONAI, or Yahweh, or Jehovah ... all the scriptures point to the idea that the head-GOD of all creation, created evil.

Lest you Christians LIE any more ... let it be a blight on your consciences and keep you awake at night pondering on this issue.

That is my wish for you.

Your lies are not based on truth.

Terrace, Canada

#473745 Aug 28, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<
As you believe you are definitely on a "spiritual" journey ... where do you believe your journey will end, and do you believe that you will end the journey of enlightenment in eternal bliss with a god ... or simply with other "enlightened spirits?"
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#473746 Aug 28, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Dwells among us .
It's not Christ OR the Church. It's Christ AND the Church.
Christ is not incidental to His church and you cannot separate them. Protestantism requires that you do in order to justify your existence, but it's incorrect.

Albuquerque, NM

#473747 Aug 28, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
"I have witnessed with my own eyes what my mother in law and my Aunt experienced before they passed."
- You only witnessed their death, but had no part in what they may have seen or heard as they died and then passed.
- You, for your own comfort, only want the best for them, no matter what they believed or how they believed, so you believe in the "Comfort" instead of the actualities that you can't seem to come to terms with and say - "I really don't know what happened to them."
This is where you fail at being honest.
"The man that my father in law seen in the hospital that was near death was screaming and saying "I can feel the flames of hell."
- A "secondhand story" FoL? Do you always believe something someone else tells you that occurred to another person?
- Yep - this is why you are a so-called "Christian", because you can't accept first-hand accounts, like Thomas. You'd rather hear about what you are to believe from "a friend of a friend of a friend".
Do you even understand what you are saying?
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
First and fore most,get this straight dude!!!
OOOOOOO!!! Lay it on me chica!!
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
My father in law is a Godly man that does not lie,period.
Of course you believe this. You have every right.

Just because someone says somethign, doesn't automatically make it true, and furthermore, since your "Father-in-law" was in that man's mind when he was dying, it is all speculation and perception of the moment.

Why do you believe men over Jesus?
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a lot of confidence in what he say's.
He lives what he preaches.
I'm sure he does - based only upon what you say he does.
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Second thing,I know with all my heart that what my Mother in law and my Aunt experienced really happened.
You can believe whatever you choose.

Self. No religion required.
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
They were both Godly women who loved the Lord with all their hearts,just as I love Him.

Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
They lived Godly lives and I truly believe that if a person is saved and ready to leave this old sinful world that the Lord takes that sting of death away by showing them His presence.

Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
God uses others,even through death for a witness.
Citation please.
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Now,you don't have to believe one word I say.
I could care less what you think.
I don't care what you think I believe - I could care less.

But out of the kindness of my life, I am trying to help you understand what you believe is inaccurate and a false doctrine.

You are the one who have chosen to believe men over Jesus, not me.
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
And don't post back about "self",you have beat that dead horse way too many times.
No I haven't. Self is alive and doing well.

Why do you refute what Jesus promoted?

Albuquerque, NM

#473748 Aug 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not living in that generation and you don't even acknowledge that the Gnostics were split into approximately fifty different groups even back then, because they couldn't agree even on their own dogmas.
From what I have studied, the Catholic gospels were the first to be compiled as Christianity ... even though they didn't get those gospels compiled into the new testament until the fourth century.
The Gnostic gospels came later.
How you can believe that you Gnosticism is based on absolute truth is not a mystery to me. It is common practice of all people in religion to choose their favorite myths and brag that the myths are based on truth.
You keep suggesting I haven't researched, but you are wrong.
I've spent most of my life researching historical data and comparing one tale of religion to another tale of religion.
That is why I am no longer IN any religion ... including your specialty.
And yet you still remained part of it for 70+ years.

Yeah sure.....

Take you hooey elsewhere.

Albuquerque, NM

#473749 Aug 28, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Dwells among us .
I guess one would have to believe Jesus to make this claim.

But here you go announcing that you do, when we all know you don't believe in everything he taught.

Although you are trying to pull the wool over other's eyes, I can see right through the wool.

Albuquerque, NM

#473750 Aug 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
As you believe you are definitely on a "spiritual" journey ... where do you believe your journey will end, and do you believe that you will end the journey of enlightenment in eternal bliss with a god ... or simply with other "enlightened spirits?"
Why do you continue with asking the same questions, when I've clearly answered them.

You on the other hand, when poised with a question divert to some quote out of book you probably didn't read.

Give it a rest June, your continuous prodding isn't getting you anything or anywhere.

Maybe you can begin using some intelligence when posting.
Human Being

Oberlin, LA

#473751 Aug 28, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry I did not see your post sooner.You respond with respect and I appreciate that.May the Lord bless you and your family.
I see your point and I know that there is something mystical about beautiful objects and so on.We view great sculptures,and admire the sculptor who fashioned the image.The world is full of fantastic art and whatever.I do not argue that, what men do to enhance things and bring originality and whatever. The fact that the RCC has done this for centuries is so taken for granted,that it seems totally ridiculous to even bring up the use of statues and pictures in regards to Catholic life in general.
But it remains a matter of conscience as to what is understood from the 10 Commandments,and how the Lord instructed His people not to make any image of celestial beings,either above the earth,from the heavens or below the earth.Idols yes are gods and goddesses.But the making of those things and using them in worship remained a Commandment for the Jews,because the LORD abhorred all of it.He knew that people would stare at those things which were created by men,and would connect with them.
You cannot tell me that many RCs do not connect with certain statues and venerate them.I have heard all my life of people who kept a certain statue as a protective element,and loved to pray before it,as they saw the person the statue represented.That is not what God intended,as the Scriptures denounce the use of images altogether.
When I was growing up,my grandmother had some statues that were so life-like,and she would spend hours praying before them,lighting candles,saying the rosary. My grandfather use to get angry with her at times and called her st.annie,he cheated on her,she supposedly never knew it.My grandmother for years went to mass everyday.All of her sons and daughters went weekly to mass,but lived quite freely often getting drunk and committing all kinds of sin.Yes I am a sinner.But what I am saying is that my grandmother rejected reading the Scriptures only that which was mentioned in the Missal.She thought that the Bible would corrupt her.
When I became a n evangelical she was my strongest critic,and I appreciate that,but she rejected the Word so strongly because I did not venerate what she venerated,it was obvious that she held so strongly to those statues and those practices of the Roman Church,it divided us ,even though we made it a point to love each other regardless of church affiliation.
Aside from all that,I see that Christians who pray and seek the Lord,and worship Him through the Word,and without the embellishments of statuary and so on have a freedom and an insight that I rarely see in Catholics.
Greetings Pad

Peace

Thank you for your time, and expressing your experience. It gives me comfort to ponder on the difficulty you and your grandmother experience.

I think two items are needed to be understood. First is superstition. Secondly is a process of mystification. I take it for granted most people have some superstitious ideas, and most consider the use of statues to be among them. And I coming from a Protestant back-round tend to see varying degrees of it within practicing Catholics and Protestants. It CAN end up in idolatry.

The second point of mystification is the reverse of mysticism. It is the darkening process of the light of God, and that is why one must seek the light, which helps in a simplifying of one's relationship with God. It is for this reason there is a counterbalance to all the pomp and circumstance within the RCCs, by the existence of the monks and various orders that live in poverty, hermits with barren rooms.

As for me, most of the time, I prefer the barren room, as it is more conducive for me to be closer to God. But I would not deny another of their own devotion to God with statues. There are times when God uses both. And in general the RCC offers both ways. This is generally not true of denominations, where like-mindedness is key.

Peace

Albuquerque, NM

#473752 Aug 28, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
Thank you so much again. This really troubled me. You guys came through again. God Bless you.
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
That goes for me too..some nights we pray together ..Not often enough ..But we pray for your healing ..And sny one else here who needs it ..
For our families ..for their salvation
For peace in the world and ON THIS forum ..we pray in the name of our Lord And Saviour Jesus, Christ
Herme - who healed you?

Please show that superb honesty you have in the past and maybe others can learn to follow suit.
Guest55

Sikeston, MO

#473753 Aug 28, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You quoted that particular verse...if you don't know what it means, why did you quote it?????!!!!!
Well..she just asked you to state what you think it means. Why don't you so you will quit asking everyone else.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 3 hr Gee Tee 9,535
News Cuba's Havana Archbishop, Cardinal Jaime Ortega... 10 hr LIGERPUROMARICO 4
News Ecuador, first stop on Pope tour, highlights en... Sat Mark 1
News James Inhofe to Pope Francis: Shut up with your... Jun 30 2all 42
News Milwaukee Art Museum's embrace of condom portra... Jun 29 The Anti- Islamist 1
News Pope's Leaked Encyclical on Climate Change Has ... Jun 26 Buybull Mullahs 6
News Global warming deniers unimpressed with pope's ... Jun 26 Earthling-1 118
More from around the web