Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658911 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Just Sayin

Clarksville, TN

#473789 Aug 28, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
...as said by men.
<quoted text>
Well, I gotta give you credit for at least acknowledging that honesty can be spoken by yourself.
In other words, you don't know what the HS or "God" can or cannot do, so please don't claim you can.
<quoted text>
Darn tootin' you can't say, because you don't know.
Not one living person on this planet can justify soemthing as being inspired and something is not. Only men make these decisions and you follow right along on their coat-tails expressing the same.
Why do you believe men over Jesus?
<quoted text>
Yes you are.
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm
"Jesus said" - appears alot - indicating a teaching by Jesus
Strike one.
ttp://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/g th_pat_rob.htm
"1 The teaching [of the Savi]or and the re[vel]ation of the mysteries [together with the things] hidden in silence a[nd those (things) w]hich he taught to Joh[n, his dis]ciple."
Strike two.
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/dialog.html
"The Savior said to his disciples,"
Strike three.
You say:
"Not one living person on this planet can justify soemthing as being inspired and something is not"
Yet you claim you know what is inspired and what is not.
Either that or you believe everything is inspired.
What kind of God do you believe in?

We CAN describe attributes of God. We as Christians can. But you can't or you won't.
Our God is Love. His attributes are described in Scripture as the fruits of the Holy Spirit.
You know yourself who you'd rather hang around; someone with violent hatred with a tenuous grasp on reality, or someone who is loving and respectful toward you.
You know in your heart what feels "right" and "good". And you know what feels painful, ugly, and diminishing.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#473790 Aug 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Pad's an idiot. There are no attachment to statues. lol. My parents had a beautiful statue of the Virgin Mary in their garden. It highlighted the whole yard. It depicted her praying with her head slightly tilted. I broke it while playing baseball.... knocked her head right off. oops. We put it in the garbage and the next spring my Mom got another one. True story.
These fundies need to believe we worship those statues. They need to believe allot of things about us..
Our lab did that to Saint Frances, decapitated him with her leash....got a lot of compliments about him when he had his head on.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#473791 Aug 28, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I do not envy you dear brother.Like everyone else,I can bring you to the throne of GRACE,and ask the Lord to work on your behalf,as you also believe He is your Hope,Healer and Savior.Jesus covered it all on Calvary,that is He took our infirmities as well as our iniquities upon Himself.But we will leave that with Him who knows everything.
Every hair on your head is counted,is there anything to difficult for Him? Encourage yourself everyday HS.Keep bringing all that you are to Him,and ask Him to speak to your heart.It is your time HS. to commune more deeply with your Creator.He wants you to come to Him,bring all to Him,and He will answer.There is nothing hidden from His sight.But remember this and be content in knowing God is all the Good things we say about Him,but He is not angry or mad with you. But more important pray with boldness,and know that He is ALL that you could possibly know or think about Him as your Creator.
Read Isaiah 53,slowly,and see that our Lord Jesus is the One Isaiah the Prophet is speaking about!!!God Bless! DAN.
Your post was deeply moving. May God Bless you.
Just Sayin

Clarksville, TN

#473792 Aug 28, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Just Sayin,I told you what I am able to reject,but you added much more to it,that which I do not reject.
I do not reject what the Biblical basis for Sacraments are,and I definitely do not reject almsgiving,or fasting.Try not to stretch the things I say,and I will not try to stretch yours as well.
There is nothing about my Lord that I can diminish,because to me to reject the Deity of Christ is to MISS totally the whole Gospel of Jesus Christ.The INCARNATION is the first Doctrine of our Lord Jesus that proclaims with all greatness and truth,that HE is GOD in the flesh,Immanuel God with us. There are no such things as superheroes in heaven.Jesus is not a super human creation,but He is begooten of the Father,One in substance with the Father,NOT created.
The garden of Gethsemane,His trial,the Scourging,the Crown of Thorns,Carrying His Cross,being nailed to that cross,all He said while on the Cross,the wound to His side,and His saying IT IS FINISHED,HIS death,and finally His Resurrection all point to His Deity,that God became MAN dwelt amongst us,and was put to death for our sins.ONLY God could know how to redeem His people,and the whole human race!
Christ is our Authority,and we know it through believing the Word,and the Holy Spirit who witnesses to our spirit.It is the revelation of the Lord Jesus.He alone is our authority,because the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit are sufficient within the ONE True God,forever and ever!
Will be back later,have to run for now!
You so beautiful described Jesus' final days here on earth. You are aware, I'm sure, that the 10 Sorrowful Mysteries of the Rosary are all about those events? What is wrong with meditation on them? Your bone to pick is because some people hold beads while meditating on them?
Pad

Rockford, IL

#473793 Aug 28, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
If Catholics, or anyone else for that matter, form any attachment toward praying before statues, it's about the praying, not the statues. Catholics, and others, get attached to praying the Rosary, not to the statue. Catholics, and others, get attached to loving God more as time goes on, not to the statues. I don't get your hang up about them. In the OT, God forbade the making of statues for the purpose of worshiping them. Later on it is recorded that He commanded statues be made, not to be worshiped, which probably no one did, but in order to manifest physically things of the spiritual nature. Why? Because people experience life through their senses. We are not solely spiritual beings.
You are free to shy away from physical reminders of things which are in heaven. But other people find such physical reminders (statues, sculptures, paintings, cathedrals, songs, and incense) to be very helpful in reminding them of the eternal.
Do you not feel like the heavens have opened up to you when listening to Handel's Messiah?
It's the same kind of thing with other physical representations.
Nobody is worshiping Handel or the cd player or the table upon which the cd player rests.
I understand! Believe me there are plenty of things that give great praise in the heart over God,especially His Spirit.When He inhabits your praises that is powerful.

You would not believe JS how many Hispanics I have met over the years who either cling strongly to statues,especially of Mary and consider Bible reading taboo.They would rather pray infront of a statue of Mary,and cling to her than go to Jesus.So many Spanish Catholics who left that church because they started reading the bible and found out how terrible was the superstition and false teachings in Catholicism.It is all about Mary in the third world countries,a well known fact.

Enough of that Just Sayin,I am stating these things not because they bother me as much as they keep me from ever returning to Roman Catholicism again.All the practices of the RCC are sullied by pagan droppings from when Constantine mixed the two together.It is sad but true,and over the centuries the Catholics only added more and more.Far be it that any of us who are not Catholic should embrace it with all of its mixture!I wonder what those people who are on the Journey Home are thinking about,as I have watched many episodes,they would rather embrace all the garbage with some truth to be identified with your Church.

Location hidden

#473794 Aug 28, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I do not envy you dear brother.Like everyone else,I can bring you to the throne of GRACE,and ask the Lord to work on your behalf,as you also believe He is your Hope,Healer and Savior.Jesus covered it all on Calvary,that is He took our infirmities as well as our iniquities upon Himself.But we will leave that with Him who knows everything.
Every hair on your head is counted,is there anything to difficult for Him? Encourage yourself everyday HS.Keep bringing all that you are to Him,and ask Him to speak to your heart.It is your time HS. to commune more deeply with your Creator.He wants you to come to Him,bring all to Him,and He will answer.There is nothing hidden from His sight.But remember this and be content in knowing God is all the Good things we say about Him,but He is not angry or mad with you. But more important pray with boldness,and know that He is ALL that you could possibly know or think about Him as your Creator.
Read Isaiah 53,slowly,and see that our Lord Jesus is the One Isaiah the Prophet is speaking about!!!God Bless! DAN.
Pad...thank you this post was very moving..GBu
Just Sayin

Clarksville, TN

#473795 Aug 28, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And sometimes maybe ..how to say this nicely ..all Catholics on here DO not reflect Catholic or Christian teaching . I have come across one or two ...well ..let's leave it at that
Same for some non Catholics ..some reflect the teachings of Christ ...some do not ..And in some cases,maybe there is a confusion they cannot help??
Just sayin.:)
Nobody always and perfectly reflects Christian teachings. To expect different is to be delusional. People get their feelings hurt when they feel like they aren't heard or that what they are trying to offer is being rejected. I believe everyone on here, except for oxbox and OleGJ, intends good things. well, except also for June, sadly.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#473796 Aug 28, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you think it's that person who you said is stalking you, posting under different names and following you around topix. I don't know SO MUCH about them and I don't bother.
Good, now that that's cleared up....
I don't think I know,..

As,I said very childish ..whoever does it ..why bother do it in the first place ..And lol then know how,to change them .
Must be important ???

Oh well ..I guess,it's their prerogative ..But it's not just her .
She only does mine

For heaven sake we are supposed to be adult Christians,

If we showed some respect ..no PERSONAL insults,..it WOUKD go far in our discourse ..IMO..Regina,don't you think ??

I mean what did the nuns do if you were,caught sticking your tongue out
At some one ..ours,were,very strict ..the ruler or pointer !!!!

If you can't be nice ..well you remember ???

This icon thing is the same kind of behaviour .

A nice post ..great ..Mark it ..But just for differences????

Childish ..
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#473797 Aug 28, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
I meant to thank you earlier, Clay. You're right, of course. I did not curse at anyone by saying that something was B.S. Chuck (remember when they used to call him Chuckles, lol) likes to call names and demean Catholics. He's a bit afraid of Anthony but he used to call him names, too. Now he's one of Sera's new friends. Gee, I wonder why?? Oldj and Ox who just dragged the Blessed Mother through the mud yet again are also her close friends, so I need say no more. You should just ignore chuck, he only comes on here looking for a chance to belittle. I wouldn't give it to him if I were you, no matter how many times he posts to you. Let him bust.
I thank you for opening my eyes to that 'graven images' thing yesterday. I thought it meant 'engraved; sculptured; carved. But not necessarily an idol... But it seems it might derive from the word 'grave'. Its still somewhat confusing but who cares? I don't worship anybody but the Trinity.

I'm only 38 and have only been a staunch Catholic for about 6 yrs. I never paid any attention to the faith growing up. Prior to 6 yrs ago, I entertained every Christendom religion I could encounter. What I'm saying is, I can never stop learning about this unique faith.

Location hidden

#473798 Aug 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>

:)
==========

For June:

"Save The Last Dance For Me"

You can dance-every dance with the guy
Who gives you the eye,let him hold you tight
You can smile-every smile for the man
Who held your hand neath the pale moon light
But don't forget who's takin' you home
And in whose arms you're gonna be
So darlin' save the last dance for me

Location hidden

#473799 Aug 28, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody always and perfectly reflects Christian teachings. To expect different is to be delusional. People get their feelings hurt when they feel like they aren't heard or that what they are trying to offer is being rejected. I believe everyone on here, except for oxbox and OleGJ, intends good things. well, except also for June, sadly.
I was trying to very nicely say ..maybe it's not a mean thing.with regard to one of them.....You know???

We should be together in prayer even for those we disagree,with ..may be ..

I tried a prayer for a bit of peace on here..forces,May be at work ..we don't know,stirring up bad feelings among us .

I ask in Jesus name that they leave us ...

And that He allay any CONFUSION that some may not be in control of .

I ask Lord THST we may be united in Our Love for you ..And not insult and harass each other in a personal manner..

Father again we ask this in the name of Your Son ..Our Lord And Saviour JESUS Christ ..

Amen

Location hidden

#473800 Aug 28, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
I meant to thank you earlier, Clay. You're right, of course. I did not curse at anyone by saying that something was B.S. Chuck (remember when they used to call him Chuckles, lol) likes to call names and demean Catholics. He's a bit afraid of Anthony but he used to call him names, too. Now he's one of Sera's new friends. Gee, I wonder why?? Oldj and Ox who just dragged the Blessed Mother through the mud yet again are also her close friends, so I need say no more. You should just ignore chuck, he only comes on here looking for a chance to belittle. I wouldn't give it to him if I were you, no matter how many times he posts to you. Let him bust.
YOU like to call names and belittle people also but you seem not to remember that .At one time you too were one of my friends.Oldjg and ox are not close friends of mine, you are mistaken.I never approve of anyone dragging the Theotokos thru the mud.So your wrong there again.The problem that you have with me is that I will not come to your churches defense when they do.I think you have a split personality because everything you post about other people,what the say,how they feel,and you are able to read their thoughts and hearts...is all about YOU..I don't enjoy correcting you for you only draw me into sin.To match your insults and play your games has not a thing to do with debating information.It is YOU that does not know how to play fair.

Location hidden

#473801 Aug 28, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>==========
For June:
"Save The Last Dance For Me"
You can dance-every dance with the guy
Who gives you the eye,let him hold you tight
You can smile-every smile for the man
Who held your hand neath the pale moon light
But don't forget who's takin' you home
And in whose arms you're gonna be
So darlin' save the last dance for me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =AoMKoHGWYP8XX
Thank God I'm not the jealous type..lol

Location hidden

#473802 Aug 28, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...IThis Orthodox Confession was drawn up in Russian by Peter Mogila, the Metropolitan of Kieff (among other theologians) and was translated into Greek. It was then approved by the following Orthodox councils and Patriarchs --
(1) the Council of Jassy in 1642
(2) the Patriarchs of Constantinople, Alexandria, Antioch, and Jerusalem in 1643 (all the Eastern Sees)
(3) and the Council of Jerusalem in 1672
The Orthodox Confession of 1640 reads --
"Christ is now in heaven only and not on earth after that manner of the flesh wherein He bore it and lived in it when He was on earth; but after the sacramental manner, whereby He is present in the Holy Eucharist, the same Son of God, God and Man, is also on earth by way of TRANSUBSTANTIATION [kata metousiosis]. For the SUBSTANCE of the bread is changed into the SUBSTANCE of His holy body, and the SUBSTANCE of the wine into the SUBSTANCE of His precious blood.
"Where it is fitting to WORSHIP and ADORE the Holy Eucharist even as our Savior Jesus Himself.

edited

Read slowly I know its hard for you to think. lol
"For immediately after these words the TRANSUBSTANTIATION [metousiosis] takes place, and that bread is changed into the real body of Christ, and the wine into His real blood. ONLY THE SPECIES WHICH ARE SEEN REMAIN, and this by the ordinance of God, first, that we may not see the body of Christ, but may believe that it is there....
"The honor which it is fitting to give to these awful mysteries is of such a kind as that which is given to Christ Himself....This mystery is also OFFERED AS A SACRIFICE on behalf of all orthodox Christians, both the living AND THOSE WHO SLEEP in hope of a resurrection to eternal life; and the SACRIFICE shall never fail until the last Judgment.
"The fruits of this mystery are these: first, the commemoration of the sinless passion and death of Christ....secondly....this mystery is a PROPITIATION AND ATONEMENT WITH GOD FOR OUR SINS BOTH OF THE LIVING AND OF THE DEAD....thirdly....that each Christian who shall frequent this SACRIFICE and partake of this mystery may be delivered by means of it from the temptation and danger of the devil." (Stone, page 177f)
----------
To counter the teaching of Lucaris, who denied transsubstantiation

Metropolitan Petro Mohyla of Kiev (also called Peter Mogila) drew up in Latin an Orthodox Confession, defending transubstantiation.

Translated into Greek, using metousiosis" for the Latin term "transubstantiation" , this Confession was approved by all the Greek-speaking Patriarchs (those of Constantinople, Alexandria, Antioch, and Jerusalem) in 1643, and again by the 1672 Synod of Jerusalem (also referred to as the Council of Bethlehem).

Since the Eastern Orthodox Church accepts as dogma only the solemn teaching of seven Ecumenical Councils, metousiosis cannot be a dogma.

According to the Eastern Orthodox theology, "metousiosis" in Orthodox use should not be taken as a literal equivalent for the Catholic concept of transubstantion.[1] Eastern theologians who use the word "transubstantiation" or "metousiosis" are careful to exclude the notion that it is an explanation of how the bread and wine of the sacrament are changed into the body and blood of Christ, instead of being a statement of what is changed.

So, for an instance, "metousiosis" can be also used to describe the Eucharist in manner of St. Irenaeus or St. John Chrysostom, who taught about two natures present, both earthly (wine or bread itself) and heavenly (the Christ itself).

Location hidden

#473803 Aug 28, 2013
Pad wrote:
Amen

Whatca,beautiful post.

Our Lord said when we gather in His,name as sisters,and brothers,

We pray for out brother Nick ..his life and health ..are in your hands
As are all of us ..

In Jesus name ..please heal our brother if it is the will of the Father
As we pray it is .

FAITH in You is our hope and our lives..it can move mountains ..please
Move this mountain of illness from Nick .

And from all of us here who need your healing touch

Amen
Geronimo

Tucker, GA

#473804 Aug 28, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
I feel I've been ignoring y'all.
I've been busy learning some heathens about the Mithraic mysteries.
Anybody need a hug?
I mean other than June.
I do not know; are you a gay priest?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#473805 Aug 28, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't YOU explain it?
Lawsy mercy Oxbow.
I really believe you just like debating.
Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called
Wonderful,
Counseller,
The mighty God,
The everlasting Father,
The Prince of Peace
Isaiah 7:14
Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel
Then in Matthew
Matthew 1:23
Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word,
and the Word was with God,
and the Word was God.
Why don't you answer my question? If you don't know what it means, why did you quote it?????!!!!!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#473806 Aug 28, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>==
You must have played a lot of dodge ball in your time but in here you get hit in the head a lot. Take a walk, I provided more than enough info.
As the Egyptian code of good discourse explains...to hear is a simple human trait. To "listen" is the attribute that carry's one to higher levels of knowledge and understanding if applied properly.

Location hidden

#473807 Aug 28, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen
Whatca,beautiful post.
Our Lord said when we gather in His,name as sisters,and brothers,
We pray for out brother Nick ..his life and health ..are in your hands
As are all of us ..
In Jesus name ..please heal our brother if it is the will of the Father
As we pray it is .
FAITH in You is our hope and our lives..it can move mountains ..please
Move this mountain of illness from Nick .
And from all of us here who need your healing touch
Amen
Amen.This strengthens me and calms my fears. GBU

Location hidden

#473808 Aug 28, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
As the Egyptian code of good discourse explains...to hear is a simple human trait. To "listen" is the attribute that carry's one to higher levels of knowledge and understanding if applied properly.
---
Great saying.A keeper.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr I recently left 10,245
News Pope to visit Georgia, Azerbaijan 12 hr Stephany McDowell 1
News Parishioners attend a mass at Catedral de Nuest... 12 hr Proposer Words Po... 16
News The untold story of Queen Elizabeth I and Islam Sep 25 Full Muslim stupid 13
News Cardinal tipped to be the next Pope warns of an... Sep 20 Looking down our ... 25
News Catholic schools being closed at alarming rate (Apr '08) Sep 11 Jeremy 158
News The Latest: Walesa misses papal Mass, blames la... Sep 10 Ste 1
More from around the web