Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 682149 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#473650 Aug 28, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
People chose and continue to choose on what to believe.
Yes - Judaism does not believe Jesus was the "Messiah".
Whether or not he was an actual "messiah" has never been determined.
IMO - Jesus never actually stated he was any religion's messiah, but did state much about how the Spirit lives after we die, and his message should be accepted. Some folks took it to the extrememand consider him to be that "Messiah" that has yet to arrive for Judaism.
It can be proven He is the Messiah using logic and some knowledge of human nature. Books have been written on the topic.
I believe one is called Jesus Christ Messiah or Madman. Here's a short clip:

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#473651 Aug 28, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry,but I had to edit your post to me.
I should have posted edited for space.
For that I apologize.
So after all the things I said,you still cannot see?
Oxbow,you either believe God's Holy word or not.
God the Father,God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
There is only ONE God Oxbow.
The Son came from the Father and the Holy Spirit came from the Father.
When God said in the beginning;
Let US make man in our own image,who do you think He was talking to?
Also,In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God.
The Word became flesh and dwelled among men.
John 1:18
No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him
(Hebrews 1:1-14)
15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead;
that in all things he might have the preeminence.
19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;
20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross,
by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.
Explain those passages to me,please?
You are on the wrong page...I never have questioned the teaching that God is the Holy Trinity...the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit..

Which, as stated, is contradictory.....If Christ is the Son of God, and if Emmanuel means "God with us", that is saying Christ is God????!!!!!

Try this: Since there is only one God....who is God in "God with us"????
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Surrey, Canada

#473652 Aug 28, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
You are still making things up in order to be offended by them.
AWWWW ... now don't feign modesty at this late date.

June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>
Let's cut to the chase and tell you what you desire to be told.
The one and only god loves you and your rituals and your beliefs and will turn his back on all others. And for being so disrespectful to you who tells the one and only truth, they will have to spend eternity in hell.
THERE ... are you satisfied NOW???
Pad

Rockford, IL

#473653 Aug 28, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You and this guy must think alike. Neither of you has a clue.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =zuljuu6uqqcXX
Anthony, be pompous all you want,the truth is that in the BIBLE there is no room for the use of images.And if you want to quote from the Old Covenant about two angels constructed unto the ARC,or maybe some built into the original Temple,that has nothing to do with God's command to not make images for the use of worship toward Him.

The New Testament is quite clear about how we should worship the Father,the Sona dn the Holy Spirit,no statue representing JESUS is sufficient.

No I would not be involved in that spectacle,and yes that statue was St.Teresa of Lizieux. The preacher made a point however,and he was not doing anything that the Jews of old would not have done when it came to being rid of idols and statues of gods.goddesses and the like.

Just because it does not prick your conscience as to the use of statues,carved or made of clay,stone,and so on, does notmean that the true conscience of worship in regards to the God of Israel rejects your statues.There are close to a million+Messianic Jews in this world today,and everyone I have ever met strongly oppose the use of statues,and want nothing to do with RC worship.Maybe some traditional Jews may think your Mass is similar to their worship,but that does not mean they would be willing to incorporate statues and so on into their services.I have never met a Jew who thought it was ok for anyone who worships the true God to erect shrines with statues,haul the statues around on pedestals,and kneel before them,putting crowns on the heads,and flowers around them as though they are the person they prepresent.

We don't have a clue huh?I quake at your ignorance of the whole matter.You are the one who along ewith every RC remains steadfastly attached to those images of veneration,no matter what the God of Israel may think of them.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#473654 Aug 28, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Post a link Nick! How hard is it? We all do when we cite someone else's work.
Learn to research.Now since you cannot refute you want a link posted. You all lie, deceive, and spin things too. I am not doing that either.

You may have gone to Topix University but this is not a Masters course.

Telling me what to do and how to do research. I do enough work counteracting your lies. Go scrub your pointed nose.
June VanDerMark

Surrey, Canada

#473655 Aug 28, 2013
All people that adore their own religions are certain the gods love them for what they believe.

How funny!

Location hidden

#473656 Aug 28, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I researched it Nick.
The Orthodox Confession of 1640 says it accepts the Latin understanding of the Eucharist.
The Council of Jerusalem in 1672 REJECTS the doctrine of consubstantiation as a heresy by Luther.
Give us a link Nick! Show us where the Orthodox teach consubstantiation. C'mon, Nick, your wife said that's what you teach..show us!
I gave you 5 posts. Absurd!!!!

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#473657 Aug 28, 2013
Herme - FYI - I learned a long time ago that a conclusion for religion cannot be made because in truth, we really don't know what the conclusion is.
Those who have concluded on anything spiritual is in fact, only a speculative conclusion without any real proof that the belief occurs.
Now if you use evidence that has been collected, as with NDEs, as June lightly posted on, those show that your belief - "we judge ourselves" - would be somewhat accurate, but "God" nor Jesus does any judging.
So with utilizing this information, and the NDE story as a clue, very few show that "we burn".
"Burning in Hell" is a man's tactic to get someone to beleive a certain way, and seems to work with gullible people who seem to can't take on responsibility for themself.
Oops - I just gave an accurate description of Christianity. My bad.
:o)
Best regards to you sir!
With all due respect,I disagree.
I have witnessed with my own eyes what my mother in law and my Aunt experienced before they passed.
My mother in law who was a Godly woman was near death. She was so weak.
She was at home with her children all around her.
As weak as she was,she sat up,looked up towards heaven with such a beautiful smile on her face and she began clapping her hands.
My Aunt also looked up,smiled and said "I see my sweet Jesus"
The man that my father in law seen in the hospital that was near death was screaming and saying "I can feel the flames of hell.
A visiting preacher was with him and asked "Do you wanted to pray?" and he said "no."
He kept screaming "I feel the flames of hell",grabbed the DR. and said 'I'm taking you with me"
The DR. said "no your not" and pulled his hand from his.
He died in that shape.
There is no doubt that my Mother in law and my Aunt seen their precious Saviour.
No doubt that the man felt those flames.
They left a witness for others to see.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#473658 Aug 28, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
The HOly Spirit guided the Church in determining which books would be included in the canon of Scripture.
I asked for a specific statement by "God" or as you now state, the HS.

Please post this passage.

If you don't have one or do not know, just admit it honestly.
June VanDerMark

Surrey, Canada

#473659 Aug 28, 2013
All theologians believed and believe they have the gift of the gab ... but this new one takes the cake.

He's a slicker than slick "operator."

:)
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

I watched a program on Primetime OWN.

The man who calls himself the second coming of Jesus told the person interviewing him (verbatim)... "So you tell the millions of followers I have ...’Dat guy's a liar.’ You know what dey gonna say?...‘I prefer his lies.’"

Here he is in person …

Albuquerque, NM

#473660 Aug 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't support you OR your gnostic religion.
Stop lying.
You just did.

All I was doing was repeating what you wrote.

You would be the one lying if you now say you didn't post those words.

*sighs*

Location hidden

#473661 Aug 28, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Orthodoxy is the Church founded by Christ for the salvation of mankind, and therefore we should guard with our life the purity of its teaching and our own faithfulness to it. In the Orthodox Church alone is grace given through the sacraments (most other churches don’t even claim to have sacraments in any serious sense). The Orthodox Church alone is the Body of Christ, and if salvation is difficult enough within the Orthodox Church, how much more difficult must it be outside the Church!
http://thehandmaid.wordpress.com/holy-orthodo...
Thanks. Now we know you can read a web page.Lot different from studying the whole of Orthodoxy but you dont need to, cause you have the Catechism.Now you are spokeman too for the Orthodox Church, Why dont you focus instead on praticing your Catholicism.

Albuquerque, NM

#473662 Aug 28, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but you have dry heat. It all balances out in the end!
How is that?

What is the connection to the dry heat of a desert and Gnosticism?

I think you are just making up things now.
June VanDerMark

Surrey, Canada

#473663 Aug 28, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are on the wrong page...I never have questioned the teaching that God is the Holy Trinity...the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit..
Which, as stated, is contradictory.....If Christ is the Son of God, and if Emmanuel means "God with us", that is saying Christ is God????!!!!!
Try this: Since there is only one God....who is God in "God with us"????
AWWWW now don't be so persnickety.

Gods don't REALLY care what you call them, as long as you call ON them.

It was written ... so it has to be true.

Albuquerque, NM

#473664 Aug 28, 2013

People chose and continue to choose on what to believe.
Yes - Judaism does not believe Jesus was the "Messiah".
Whether or not he was an actual "messiah" has never been determined.
IMO - Jesus never actually stated he was any religion's messiah, but did state much about how the Spirit lives after we die, and his message should be accepted. Some folks took it to the extrememand consider him to be that "Messiah" that has yet to arrive for Judaism.
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
It can be proven He is the Messiah using logic and some knowledge of human nature. Books have been written on the topic.
I believe one is called Jesus Christ Messiah or Madman. Here's a short clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =1Z6y3J--sHkXX
Then post the proof you have to prove that, instead of something created in the past five years.

A YouTube video is not proof, but only an opinion.

Also, books = opinion

You aren't proving anythign JS....c'mon, stop trying to appease men.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#473665 Aug 28, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
edited for space
I appreciate you proving my words to be 110% correct...you don't have a testimony..you are depending on crackers and wine for your salvation...
The Word of God speaks of you: Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
For forty years,I was exactly where you are today...I pray, by the Grace of God, the Holy Spirit will convict you of your gross error/s, and you will see the truth...from Scripture...
IV. Salvation
Salvation involves the redemption of the whole man, and is offered freely to all who accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour, who by His own blood obtained eternal redemption for the believer. In its broadest sense salvation includes regeneration, justification, sanctification, and glorification. There is no salvation apart from personal faith in Jesus Christ as Lord.
A. Regeneration, or the new birth, is a work of God's grace whereby believers become new creatures in Christ Jesus. It is a change of heart wrought by the Holy Spirit through conviction of sin, to which the sinner responds in repentance toward God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Repentance and faith are inseparable experiences of grace.
Repentance is a genuine turning from sin toward God. Faith is the acceptance of Jesus Christ and commitment of the entire personality to Him as Lord and Saviour.
B. Justification is God's gracious and full acquittal upon principles of His righteousness of all sinners who repent and believe in Christ. Justification brings the believer unto a relationship of peace and favor with God.
C. Sanctification is the experience, beginning in regeneration, by which the believer is set apart to God's purposes, and is enabled to progress toward moral and spiritual maturity through the presence and power of the Holy Spirit dwelling in him. Growth in grace should continue throughout the regenerate person's life.
D. Glorification is the culmination of salvation and is the final blessed and abiding state of the redeemed.
Genesis 3:15; Exodus 3:14-17; 6:2-8; Matthew 1:21; 4:17; 16:21-26; 27:22-28:6; Luke 1:68-69; 2:28-32; John 1:11-14,29; 3:3-21,36; 5:24; 10:9,28-29; 15:1-16; 17:17; Acts 2:21; 4:12; 15:11; 16:30-31; 17:30-31; 20:32; Romans 1:16-18; 2:4; 3:23-25; 4:3ff.; 5:8-10; 6:1-23; 8:1-18,29-39; 10:9-10,13; 13:11-14; 1 Corinthians 1:18,30; 6:19-20; 15:10; 2 Corinthians 5:17-20; Galatians 2:20; 3:13; 5:22-25; 6:15; Ephesians 1:7; 2:8-22; 4:11-16; Philippians 2:12-13; Colossians 1:9-22; 3:1ff.; 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24; 2 Timothy 1:12; Titus 2:11-14; Hebrews 2:1-3; 5:8-9; 9:24-28; 11:1-12:8,14; James 2:14-26; 1 Peter 1:2-23; 1 John 1:6-2:11; Revelation 3:20; 21:1-22:5.
The Lord's Supper is a symbolic act of obedience whereby members of the church, through partaking of the bread and the fruit of the vine, memorialize the death of the Redeemer and anticipate His second coming.
Matthew 3:13-17; 26:26-30; 28:19-20; Mark 1:9-11; 14:22-26; Luke 3:21-22; 22:19-20; John 3:23; Acts 2:41-42; 8:35-39; 16:30-33; 20:7; Romans 6:3-5; 1 Corinthians 10:16,21; 11:23-29; Colossians 2:12.
There is no salvation in this symbolic act of obedience.
"The Lord's Supper is a symbolic act of obedience whereby members of the church"

Uh huh. Book, chapter and verse where the Lord's Supper is called symbolic.

Location hidden

#473666 Aug 28, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
It's also in direct contradiction to what Herme said. There's more:
2. However, it is not for us to define the state of those who are outside the Orthodox Church. If God wishes to grant salvation to some who are Christians in the best way they know, but without ever knowing the Orthodox Church—that is up to Him, not us.**But when He does this, it is outside the normal way that He established for salvation—which is in the Church,** as a part of the Body of Christ. I myself can accept the experience of Protestants being ‘born-again’ in Christ; I have met people who have changed their lives entirely through meeting Christ, and I cannot deny their experience just because they are not Orthodox. I call these people “subjective” or “beginning” Christians. But until they are united to the Orthodox Church they cannot have the fullness of Christianity, they cannot be objectively Christian as belonging to the Body of Christ and receiving the grace of the sacraments. I think this is why there are so many sects among them—they begin the Christian life with a genuine conversion to Christ, but they cannot continue the Christian life in the right way until they are united to the Orthodox Church, and they therefore substitute their own opinions and subjective experiences for the Church’s teaching and sacraments.
About those Christians who are outside the Orthodox Church, therefore, I would say: they do not yet have the full truth—perhaps it just hasn’t been revealed to them yet, or perhaps it is our fault for not living and teaching the Orthodox Faith in a way they can understand.
http://thehandmaid.wordpress.com/holy-orthodo...
Why deny your teachings?
Do you presume to know what Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit can and cant do.Do you presume to know the exact guidelines and limits by which Christ will save us. Do you open and close the highways by which the Holy Spirit travels. Does your Pope? Does your Church? Christ so surpasses us and our Church's knowledge of Him that if we truly understand Who Christ is and what He did and does for us, we should become in relationship and union with Him and quit lecturing people about THEIR church.
June VanDerMark

Surrey, Canada

#473667 Aug 28, 2013
This con-artist changed his game for a better one.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

If you call on Jesus, he will pass you through
Heaven's gate without a hitch, they say that it is true
So I will call me Jesus, and if you follow me
I will grant you passage, to bliss eternally.

Pad

Rockford, IL

#473669 Aug 28, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I am glad to hear that. I have been to several proty churches and never saw kneeling once. One time the preacher preached an entire sermon on how we should kneel before the Lord. I looked around and there were no kneelers available to kneel on. He kept shouting about the kneeling bit and no one was kneeling. I was confused so I asked him after the service what he meant by "kneeling". He looked confused so I asked "do you mean that we should actually kneel down?" And he looked shocked and sputtered "well no, we don't want to be making a scene, do we?"
And you do not have priests who are only pushing the practices to appease the Church,but yet they themselves personally reject them? That minister sounds like a spineless jelly fish,and he does not represent the whole evangelical movemment. Just like those priests of modern relativity do not represent fully the RCC,being the only voice for it.YET the trouble is we all have charlatans in our churches,as Satan works overtime with his hords of demons to diminish even by one iota the truth through ministers and priests,and other religious.

I believe that the LORD is working in all the Christian churches and denominations,but that He has those who are half-hearted,and end up serving TWO Masters.

The Apostles warned us of false apostles,teachers and ministers.Nevertheless in spite of our differences in Christ we can be united.He alone is the Savior the one who makes all things NEW. His Spirit is able to change a human mind and heart.The fact that you may think all of what the RCC does is perfect and the basis of being the true church is your opinion,based on years of following it,and believing.But the things you so take for granted are not universal as it were with all Christians.We have every right to reject statues,the wearing of miraculous medals,scapulars,and the recitation of the Rosary.We have every right to reject the Apparitions of the RCC,and all the doctrines concerning the Blessed Mother.Because the Bible especially the New Testament does not for one verse of word support any of those things.

At the same time we have been instructed by Christ to love the brethren,and sisters who are in Christ.We must love one another,for Love is the greatest PROOF of the reality of the Godhead(Trinity).To hate you as a Catholic is to lie to God,for I was called to encourage and build up the church not tear it down.Just because we do not accept your practices,it does not mean we do not accept you as a believer,and what God has done in your life for His Glory.

There is much today in the way of Christians coming together,but in Christ we are one,not in affiliations,which really will be obsolete when JESUS comes again in full glory.He will rule with a rod of iron,and He will also rule in Righteousness and Truth,that is our HOPE! All these other things are mere distractions.

Albuquerque, NM

#473670 Aug 28, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
With all due respect,I disagree.
I have witnessed with my own eyes what my mother in law and my Aunt experienced before they passed.
My mother in law who was a Godly woman was near death. She was so weak.
She was at home with her children all around her.
As weak as she was,she sat up,looked up towards heaven with such a beautiful smile on her face and she began clapping her hands.
My Aunt also looked up,smiled and said "I see my sweet Jesus"
The man that my father in law seen in the hospital that was near death was screaming and saying "I can feel the flames of hell.
A visiting preacher was with him and asked "Do you wanted to pray?" and he said "no."
He kept screaming "I feel the flames of hell",grabbed the DR. and said 'I'm taking you with me"
The DR. said "no your not" and pulled his hand from his.
He died in that shape.
There is no doubt that my Mother in law and my Aunt seen their precious Saviour.
No doubt that the man felt those flames.
They left a witness for others to see.
"I have witnessed with my own eyes what my mother in law and my Aunt experienced before they passed."
- You only witnessed their death, but had no part in what they may have seen or heard as they died and then passed.
- You, for your own comfort, only want the best for them, no matter what they believed or how they believed, so you believe in the "Comfort" instead of the actualities that you can't seem to come to terms with and say - "I really don't know what happened to them."

This is where you fail at being honest.

"The man that my father in law seen in the hospital that was near death was screaming and saying "I can feel the flames of hell."
- A "secondhand story" FoL? Do you always believe something someone else tells you that occurred to another person?
- Yep - this is why you are a so-called "Christian", because you can't accept first-hand accounts, like Thomas. You'd rather hear about what you are to believe from "a friend of a friend of a friend".

Do you even understadn what you are saying?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Jun 19 Dementia mental c... 36
News Gregory: Bishops - can never say we are sorry e... Jun 18 Listen to the Word 1
News Pat Robertson Is Birth Control (Nov '14) Jun 13 Donald Scampi 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jun 12 Married in 10,558
News Why Melania Trump covers her head one day and n... Jun 8 lavon affair 10
News How the war-of-words between Trump and Pope Fra... Jun 8 USS LIBERTY 9
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Jun 7 princess_noochie 84,749
More from around the web