Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650851 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Surrey, Canada

#473503 Aug 28, 2013
Keep in mind that all theologians in all ancient religions had hells written into their dogmas.

Today the Christians threaten others with hell that god reserved for non-Christians. And the Muslims threaten others with hell that Allah reserved for those who are not Muslim.

That is just one example of religious idiocy.

Imagine all religions threatening others with their own hells that their god reserved for those who are labeled as EVIL offenders OF the gods.

If you don't wake up from your hypnotic trances ... no one can do it for you.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#473504 Aug 28, 2013
Rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
A,question ...the other day we talked about Church closing .
The,answer from you was the churches close out as because ..well I forget exactly .but because the faithful COUKD NIT support the Church .
Means less folks doesn't it???
Still say selljng Churches out from under the people ..is,wrong with all the money the CHUrch ..has...And other reason s not discussing
Is so wrong
So either you are losing people and closing churches ...it closing Churches yo make money the diocese needs.
And if you are having such An influx ..wouldn't you need MORE CHURCHES
Churches were built in metropolitan areas 50 or 100 years ago to serve the immigrant population. They have moved out to the suburbs and have been replaced by non-Catholic minorities. A Church that once served 500 families now has 30 or 40. It isn't about the money Rose, there aren't enough people in those areas anymore. Why is that so hard to comprehend?

Surrey, Canada

#473505 Aug 28, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a question.
Why would anyone put hammers in a bag?
Because it makes sense to put hammers in a bag.

You will need them for those who work for you when the workers pound nails.

Surrey, Canada

#473506 Aug 28, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Remember who you have to answer to. Enough said.
Here is an example of fear.

There's an under-lying threat in this post.

"You better pay heed to the words of MY theologian, OR ELSE you will suffer eternity in HELL!

Wake up people. As long as you adhere to any of those ancient religions, the warring theologians still have complete power over your brain-cells.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#473507 Aug 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Keep in mind that all theologians in all ancient religions had hells written into their dogmas.
Incorrect.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#473508 Aug 28, 2013
<quoted text>Thank you so much again. This really troubled me. You guys came through again. God Bless you.
Troubled you? If I had falsely accused someone and viciously attacked them then realized my error I wouldn't have been "troubled", I'd have been deeply ashamed, remorseful and asked for forgiveness. I guess another thing you and preston have in common is pride...so glad you two can share it with each other.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#473509 Aug 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it makes sense to put hammers in a bag.
You will need them for those who work for you when the workers pound nails.
You think?

Normally the nails are in the bag.

The hammers are in the tool box.

But, hey, that's just me.

Surrey, Canada

#473510 Aug 28, 2013
The modern Pagans now believe the goddess is the answer to the best religion on earth, as she is now trained to love everyone.

But if you study the roots of modern Paganism, the founders were homophobic and believed that the goddess curses homosexuals.

All theologians were and are full of their own bragging nonsense.

Religion is BUNK!

There is NO humility in claiming to know what is beyond human ability TO know.

NONE!!!

Surrey, Canada

#473511 Aug 28, 2013
People in religion are comparable to little children in the attitude ... "MY theologian never lied, as HE knows truth straight from GOD."

Silly people
>>>>>>> >>>>>

Five centuries before the supposed birth of Jesus, the Greek historian Herodotus traveled to Egypt. There he witnessed an enormous festival, held every year, in which the Egyptians performed a drama before tens of thousands of people, representing the death and resurrection of Osiris. This story is so ancient that it can be traced back to pyramid texts written over 4,500 years ago.

As far as we can tell, Osiris is the original story of a dying and resurrecting god. The story spread to Ancient Greece in the story of the god Dionysus, then to Ancient Rome in the story of the god Mithras, and then to Christianity in the story of the god Jesus. Along the way it appeared in several cultures under various names.

http://daughtersofearthwisdom.org/sabbats/yul...
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#473512 Aug 28, 2013
You remember as well Nick. False witness is no trifling matter. Not one of the faithful Catholic regulars here would have stooped so low as to impersonate an Orthodox Christian. Your accusations are sad and very telling. Had I confronted a Catholic priest in the same manner you and sera did I would be ashamed of myself. What on earth is wrong with you?

Surrey, Canada

#473513 Aug 28, 2013
If this haughty attitude of "I am worthy of salvation and you are NOT" ... doesn't stop ... you will teach your children to be right-fighting idiots as are you.

Is that what you want from your selves?

If you say "YES" ... then there truly is no hope for humans to awaken from religious indoctrinations.

Surrey, Canada

#473514 Aug 28, 2013
To name-change only takes the trick of a theologian's pen ... and it happened on many occasions.
>>>>>>> >>>

Why was the Savior’s

Name Changed from

Yahshua to Jesus?

Dr. C. J. Koster further explains why and how they changed the Savior’s name in his book, Come out of Her My People, a factual presentation of well researched material showing exactly which elements in ancient pagan and sun worship were adopted into the Church. On page 60 we find the chapter entitled,“The Non-original, Substitute Name ‘Jesus,’ Traces Back to Sun-worship Too.”

There is not a single authoritative reference source which gives the name Jesus or Iesous as the original name of our Saviour! All of them admit that the original form of the Name was Jehoshua or Yehoshua. Why then, was it changed from Jehoshua or Yehoshua to Jesus?

Many Hebrew names of the Old Testament prophets have been “Hellenized” when these names were rewritten in the Greek New Testament. Thus, Isaiah became Isaias, Elisha became Elissaios or Elisseus (Eliseus), and Elijah became Helias in the Greek New Testament. The King James Version has retained some of these Hellenized names. Since the King James Version was published, the newer English versions have ignored these Hellenized names of the Greek New Testament, and have preferred, quite correctly, to render them as they are found in the Hebrew Old Testament, namely: Isaiah, Elisha, and Elijah.

http://www.yahwehisthesavior.com/yahch8.htm

Surrey, Canada

#473515 Aug 28, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You remember as well Nick. False witness is no trifling matter.
False witness against WHAT???... the words written by YOUR favorite theologian???

Silly people!
marge

Leesburg, GA

#473516 Aug 28, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry sweetie but I'm not the hypocrit that many of you tend to be. Nor am I pretentious as many of you are.
Everyone on this forum is a sinner. And if you say you have no sin then YOU ARE A LIAR AND THE TRUTH AIN'T YOU. Allow me to bring your attention to 1st John 1:8.
I'm most likely the only honest person on this forum.
1 Corinthians 6:9-11
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

>And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.<

Surrey, Canada

#473517 Aug 28, 2013
"My theologian in MY religion is the only theologian on earth that told the one and only truth."

"How do you know he told the truth?"

"Because I BELIEVE he told the truth"

"That's not MY problem."

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#473518 Aug 28, 2013
Who's that gonna be?

Surrey, Canada

#473519 Aug 28, 2013
The Catholic theologians knew that the word Jesus had less of a Jewish ring to it than did the words Jehoshua or Yehoshua.

Those theologians with their pens at the ready were all tricksters.

Another example of skullduggery was ... had Jesus actually lived at all, he would have been long dead before the Catholics wrote that Jesus changed the name of the first pope from Simon Barjona to Peter.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Of all the disciples called by the Lord Jesus in the gospels, probably the one we can most readily identify with is Peter. Simon Barjona as he was known before the Lord changed his name to Peter.

http://www.biblestudyradio.org/...

Surrey, Canada

#473520 Aug 28, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
1 Corinthians 6:9-11
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God?
And of course YOU ... oh self-perceived HOLY one ... believe YOU will inherit the kingdom of a god and others will go to hell.

Silly self-centered people!!!

Surrey, Canada

#473521 Aug 28, 2013
Why would a faithful Jew change names to sound less Jewish???

It wouldn't occur.

The ex-Jew Catholic theologians were up to NO GOOD.

As did all theologians in religions before them the Catholics were manipulating words to suit their own agendas.

Surrey, Canada

#473522 Aug 28, 2013
Aristotle was a Greek philosopher, whose words were used by the revered Catholic theologian Thomas Aquinas.

All those theologians simply stole ideas from other philosophers and wrote it into books they stated were HOLY.

And the people dove into the words comparable to pigs in a trough ... believing the words were HOLY messages from gods.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' Jul 24 make Donald Drump... 47
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 20 I Jus Wanna Live ... 10,173
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Jul 9 South Knox Hombre 10
News Christian Europe Jul 9 bluestreak returns 27
More from around the web