Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 22,831)

Showing posts 456,601 - 456,620 of532,261
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What a pile of slop is that word "saint."
Any religion that USES it, ought to be ashamed.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>
Opposite Word of saint:
"demon, devil, fiend"
http://www.opposite-word.com/default.asp
And the opposite of UP is DOWN lol....left is right....black is white....right is wrong....lol
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Plain Jane wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, this is a profound statement that goes way beyond your own church's teachings.
"For Christianity, its either the Catholic faith or nothing.
Re-read Clays statement: He "did not" say that its either the Catholic faith or nothing......period!!
What he DID SAY is that its either the Catholic faith or nothing, WHEN IT COMES TO THE TRUTH!!----and he is right!
The Protestant Reformation (reformist) "hacks" REJECTED the fullness of the TRUTH, beginning with Luther when he "discarded 7 books of the original bible (from the canon of scriptures by the Early Church Fathers in 397AD. Then Zwingli "discarded and threw out" the Real Presence of Jesus in the Eucharist, John 6:47-59. Then other Protestant reformers, Wycliff, Hus,Beza, Calvin, Cranmer, Hedio, Tyndale, Petri, and on and on EACH "threw out" something else that they didn't (personally) like in order to form another Protestant denomination.....Protestants (have rejected) the first 1500 years of The FULLNESS of the FAITH and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH........ Protestant "fundies" systematically (for over 450 years) have basically "rejected" the TRUTH and are left with NOTHING but a hodge=podge of 42,000+ contradicting, and inconsistent "relative truth" Protestant denominations in which EACH INDIVIDUALS "personal opinion" is the final authority. An (conflicting( authority that has "absolutely no basis" of ANY biblical or historical truth "what-so-ever", to back up ANYTHING that they teach!!!!!!In other words, it is NOTHING but a "mish-mash"---" rif-raf" of "half-truth, half-heresy (so-called) Christianity!!!!!!!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What a pile of slop is that word "saint."
Any religion that USES it, ought to be ashamed.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>
Opposite Word of saint:
"demon, devil, fiend"
Ashamed of what!!!! Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church??
Over 2000 years of the biographical Lives of the Saints??
The Gospel of Jesus Christ???
HARDLY THE CASE!!!
Romans 1:16 "I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God unto Salvation to everyone that believeth!!!

You "obviously" still haven't learned ANYTHING in your old age,June!!!!! Especially WISDOM!!!!
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
24 When Joseph woke from sleep, he did as the angel of the Lord commanded him: he took his wife, 25 but knew her not until she had given birth to a son. And he called his name Jesus.
I did not pay the bill until I received the invoice...but the invoice was paid
I did not leave until my friend arrived....but I did leave
Joseph did not have sex with Mary until Jesus was born...but they did have sex.
**see the pattern here Tony...hope that helps.
Luke 2
37 And she was a widow until fourscore and four years; who departed not from the temple, by fastings and prayers serving night and day.

Does this mean that after fourscore and four years, she was no longer a widow?

Romans 5
13 For until the law sin was in the world,

Does this mean that after the law, then sin was no longer in the world?

I Cor 4
13 We are blasphemed, and we entreat; we are made as the refuse of this world, the offscouring of all even until now.

Does this mean that after this was written, the early Christians were no longer treated badly?

I Cor 15
25 For he must reign, until he hath put all his enemies under his feet.

Does this mean that Jesus will cease to be King of Kings once his enemies are under his feet?

2 Cor 3
15 But even until this day, when Moses is read, the veil is upon their heart.

Does this mean that after that day, the veil is no longer upon their heart?

James 5:7
Be patient therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord.

Does he mean for us to become impatient once the Lord comes?

Rev 2:10
...Be thou faithful until death: and I will give thee the crown of life.

Does this mean that after death we are to become unfaithful?

Genesis 46
34 You shall answer: We thy servants are shepherds, from our infancy until now, both we and our fathers.

Does this mean that after this, they were no longer shepherds?

Gen 48:15
God that feedeth me from my youth until this day;

Does this mean that after this day, God no longer fed him?

Deut 10
8 At that time he separated the tribe of Levi, to carry the ark of the covenant of the Lord, and to stand before him in the ministry, and to bless in his name until this present day.

Does this mean that the tribe of Levi stopped doing these things the next day?

Joshua 5:9
And the name of that place was called Galgal, until this present day.

Does this mean that after that day, the place was no longer called Galgal?
Oxbow

Lake Charles, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
But distorting, twisting,, misquoting and misinterpreting s Sacred Scripture IS HERESY and when you add to it the "denial" that Jesus Christ is NOT GOD, then YOU, OX, have reached the depths of "new lows" as a "lying heretical" blind guide!!!
Quoting the Catholic Encyclopedia is not distorting, twisting, misquoting and misinterpreting s Sacred Scripture. It teaches, per Scripture: Jesus Christ the Son of God Redeemer of the Human Race.

Quoting the Faith Message of the SBC that teaches the exact same thing, is not distorting, twisting, misquoting and misinterpreting s Sacred Scripture.

Quoting God is not distorting, twisting, misquoting and misinterpreting s Sacred Scripture. Quote: And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

I pray that by the Grace of God, your eyes and ears will someday be opened. At the present time you are blind as a bat and deaf as a stone!!!!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
The fristrations of Christianity.
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes!!! Bible only Christianity!!!
No - "hojo-ism" - which is a fairly new uncataloged denomination within Catholicism.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Re-read Clays statement: He "did not" say that its either the Catholic faith or nothing......period!!
What he DID SAY is that its either the Catholic faith or nothing, WHEN IT COMES TO THE TRUTH!!----and he is right!
The Protestant Reformation (reformist) "hacks" REJECTED the fullness of the TRUTH, beginning with Luther when he "discarded 7 books of the original bible (from the canon of scriptures by the Early Church Fathers in 397AD. Then Zwingli "discarded and threw out" the Real Presence of Jesus in the Eucharist, John 6:47-59. Then other Protestant reformers, Wycliff, Hus,Beza, Calvin, Cranmer, Hedio, Tyndale, Petri, and on and on EACH "threw out" something else that they didn't (personally) like in order to form another Protestant denomination.....Protestants (have rejected) the first 1500 years of The FULLNESS of the FAITH and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH........ Protestant "fundies" systematically (for over 450 years) have basically "rejected" the TRUTH and are left with NOTHING but a hodge=podge of 42,000+ contradicting, and inconsistent "relative truth" Protestant denominations in which EACH INDIVIDUALS "personal opinion" is the final authority. An (conflicting( authority that has "absolutely no basis" of ANY biblical or historical truth "what-so-ever", to back up ANYTHING that they teach!!!!!!In other words, it is NOTHING but a "mish-mash"---" rif-raf" of "half-truth, half-heresy (so-called) Christianity!!!!!!!
Distressed hojo?*sighs*

Hey everyone - hojo needs a HUG!!!!

*HUG*
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>well, I don't have to but I will help you out.
Definition of SECULAR. 1. a: of or relating to the worldly or temporal
and some of those great buildings(secular) will some day fall down and return to the dust from whence they came.
The Church is first and foremost the antidote to secularism. Most of the brilliant architecture, soul-moving music, insightful literature (including the Bible), beautiful art, and scientific advancements which the world has enjoyed for centuries has come from the Catholic Church.

There is no coincidence here.

God works His graces through matter as most obviously evident by His Incarnation. And His Church also uses matter to illuminate God's revelation to the world.
Oxbow

Lake Charles, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

The Bible teaches not that the church Christ built was a denomination, such as the Roman Catholic Church.

Pure logic:
denomnation: A large group of religious congregations united under a common faith and name and organized under a single administrative and legal hierarchy.

The Roman Catholic church is a denomination of the Christian faith. Christ built not any...none...zilich denominations...He built His church.

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

church: ekklesia, a calling out, i.e.(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly, church.

Therefore...any....bar none...Christian congregation or an assembly of, is the church Christ built.

The NABre poop arroved Catlick bible: Church: this word (Greek ekkl&#275;sia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesusí church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

Therefore...any....bar none...Christian congregation or an assembly of, is the church Christ built

The SBC teaches:
A New Testament church of the Lord Jesus Christ is an autonomous local congregation of baptized believers, associated by covenant in the faith and fellowship of the gospel; observing the two ordinances of Christ, governed by His laws, exercising the gifts, rights, and privileges invested in them by His Word, and seeking to extend the gospel to the ends of the earth. Each congregation operates under the Lordship of Christ through democratic processes. In such a congregation each member is responsible and accountable to Christ as Lord. Its scriptural officers are pastors and deacons. While both men and women are gifted for service in the church, the office of pastor is limited to men as qualified by Scripture.

The New Testament speaks also of the church as the Body of Christ which includes all of the redeemed of all the ages, believers from every tribe, and tongue, and people, and nation.

Therefore...any....bar none...Christian congregation or an assembly of, is the church Christ built

The catlick encyclopdia: church: The term church is the name employed in the Teutonic languages to render the Greek ekklesia (ecclesia), the term by which the New Testament writers denote the society founded by Jesus Christ....

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
If Jesus Christ willed for you and everyone else to be the authority on His Ministry, then he's a phony.
If Our Lord silently waited until 1452 for the Bible to be published, so folks like you could interpret His teachings for everyone.... Then he's a phony.
If the Bible is all that He willed for His revelation of truth, but didn't tell anyone which Books- and His Apostles didn't tell anyone which Books; and they didn't properly explain their writings for us; and the truth got completely screwed up until the born again movement arrived 1900 yrs later.... Then Confrint, CHRISTIANITY IS THE BIGGEST FRAUD OF A RELIGION THIS WORLD HAS. CHRIST WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN THE MESSIAH IF YOUR SCENARIO WAS FACT. GOT IT?
For Christianity, its either the Catholic faith or nothing. Any other scenario uses way to much ignorance and man made theories. They remove so much logic and reason and still call themselves the 'followers of the truth and the way'.
What if it is a simple as this.

The Church started with the Apostles. And grew into an institution that became very intertwined with Emperor and kings later on. The kings used the authority of religion and the Church used the authority of the kings.

GOd did not want this political institution to be the ONLY way His word was spread.

He allowed for the Reformation..the distribution of bibles and the spread if His Word across the seas. NOTHING that big could happen without Him.

GOD blessed our country for its basic faithfulness and allowed us to ally with Israel.

Our internet and television ministries both Catholic and non spread the Good Word all over.

Our missionaries both Catholic and Non do wonderful work in poor places and Spread the Good Word.

He allowed this country to become a shining city .

He allowed for Vatican 2

He allowed for Popes who are now independent of kings and politics and ask for UNITY between the brethren...meaning us.

And for good relations with Israel

And He allowed for the generalized ACTUAL BIBLE study along with the catechism they had. For Catholics..with actual bibles

GOD HAS ALWAYS HAD A,PLAN for His,Church.(His Bride..the believers)

And maybe He needed alliance with the Emperor's to preserve His word.

But HE obviously did not desire that it be kept locked up for ONLY the clergy to interpret.

GOD ALLOWED all of this.

I believe He used ALL of theses methods including the printing press...tv..And internet..So that His word would be spread as far as,possible before the END TIMES.

Catholics BELIEVE it's only through them we are saved

We believe in the Bible as the way.

Maybe for each time in history it was through both .

So that most who hear will believe the ONLY NECESSARY WORD.

Jesus died for our Sins. We need to repent and receive Him. He is the Way..The Truth and the Light.

AT SOME POINT..it will be too late..He wants that none shall perish

Imo..to jealously say I AM THE ONLY WAY Is so wrong.

GOD allowed the Reformation so more of His word was spread ..period.

GOD allowed the Church in Rome to copy and preserve scripture.

We needed each other.to do His will.

And it is folly to believe differently. Imo

If there are errors in how we practice ....GOD WILL CORRECT THEM.

But the WORD ..JESUS IS THE WAY. Is His word and it will go out because He wants it to by what ever means He allows

And the Spirit will show us the truth in the Word.

Since: Sep 09

Houston, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
How sad. A person always finds what they are looking for.
YES they DO! And those who were looking for a religion that would teach them that if they belonged to a certain group, they would be admired by the one and only GOD and admitted to heaven, while others not in the group would be destined for hell.

It's easy to see on this forum and world-wide how that works out for the believers of such theological trash.

Houston, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Evil despises what is Holy
I suggest you be honest and state it as you "think" it. "Evil people despise us holy people as they are jealous of us that they won't be allowed bliss in the hereafter."

Houston, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Everyone on this forum states the truth as they know it to be as you do.
As they "BELIEVE" it to be.

Concepts of truth are opinions. Concerning religion ... claims of truth is outright bragging.

You have a concept from other concepts of Christian theologians that you will be saved if you believe in Jesus. You brag that that concept is based on the one and only truth.

Other people in other religions have other concepts and they also brag that their concepts are based on the one and only truth ... which you don't want to acknowledge, as you only treasure your OWN concepts.

Houston, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>LOL< I have been on this Forum longer than any regular on here.
only Sheryl came on here before me. thank you.
You didn't answer the content of my post.

June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>
If you believe that statement was true you would not BE on this forum promoting your religion as the one and only truth on earth.

I suggest you stop lying.
Plain Jane

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Clay is 100% Catholic.His post does prove it! You will not find a Catholic stating anything less.
Please show us where any Catholic teaching today, Roman or Orthodox, says this:

"For Christianity, its either the Catholic faith or nothing."

All other Christian denominations are "nothing?" Please give us one credible link please.

Not even angry old Pope Benedict wrote anything like that.

A drunk Baptist must have run over his dog. Or maybe too many church scandals has made him defensive?

Houston, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>And the opposite of UP is DOWN lol....left is right....black is white....right is wrong....lol
Do you believe you are the saint, or the demon?

Opposite Word of saint:

"demon, devil, fiend"

Houston, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ashamed of what!!!! Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church??
You should be ashamed that you believe Catholics are saints and those who are not Catholics are the opposite. But instead you are completely arrogant. You don't even realize that you are insulting others. Or if you do, you don't give a CARE!

Opposite Word of saint:

"demon, devil, fiend"

Houston, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church is first and foremost the antidote to secularism. Most of the brilliant architecture, soul-moving music, insightful literature (including the Bible), beautiful art, and scientific advancements which the world has enjoyed for centuries has come from the Catholic Church.
When Catholics ruled supreme, everyone WAS Catholic by force ... so who else would you expect there was to create art and music, et cetera at the time in history???

They burned everything in sight that they taught was evil ... including people.

Houston, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
What if it is a simple as this.
The Church started with the Apostles.
The story of Jesus and the apostles were USED to start a new Catholic CHURCH ... empire.

The Jews faithful to Judaism did not build or support churches as they didn't know of such an institution.

Had Jesus lived, within his own religion which would have been Judaism ... and his own time-frame on earth ... he would only have known of synagogues. The word church and Christianity came to the language after his "supposed" death ... by the ex-Jew Catholics.

You'll see the lies ... but only when you choose to see them.

Houston, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Nowhere on earth is there anything written by this supposed savior Jesus. Not a dogma ... not a signature.

And yet, he was supposedly a WISE man.

Use your brains-cells for some new thoughts and you will ask the "pertinent" questions.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 456,601 - 456,620 of532,261
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 12 hr Married in 8,118
More 20 hr Warner 1
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Mon SeniorPersonalsDating 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Mon Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
.com | Pope's hints on married priests trouble ... Jul 16 truth 1
Pope calls for Middle East cease-fire Jul 13 Zioni 5
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••