Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653802 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#473362 Aug 27, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
All of the first Christians were Jewish. They were the ones who said so.
The first Christians were the EX-Jew Catholics.

Stop LYING. It's not good for you.

Jews that practiced Judaism as the one and only truth did NOT become Catholics.

Terrace, Canada

#473363 Aug 27, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
No need - I'm still trying to grasp how you and all of Christianity can accept limiting "God's inspiration".
When you can answer that, then you will have something to discuss.
And according to you ... YOU KNOW all ABOUT inspiration from "god" while others are too dumb to allow you to be their leader.

How funny!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#473364 Aug 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
If Jesus Christ is God; And He started a Church....this Church would obviously replace Israel.
Its not a new teaching. Its as old as the Apostles.
The proper noun "Church" is not in the Bible. The common noun "church" is....

denomnation: A large group of religious congregations united under a common faith and name and organized under a single administrative and legal hierarchy.

The Roman Catholic Church is a denomination of the Christian faith. Christ built not any...none...zilich denominations...He built His church.

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

church: ekklesia, a calling out, i.e.(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly, church.

Therefore...any....bar none...Christian congregation or an assembly of, is the church Christ built.

The NABre poop arroved Catlick bible: Church: this word (Greek ekkl&#275;sia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. JesusÂ’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

Therefore...any....bar none...Christian congregation or an assembly of, is the church Christ built

The SBC teaches:
A New Testament church of the Lord Jesus Christ is an autonomous local congregation of baptized believers, associated by covenant in the faith and fellowship of the gospel; observing the two ordinances of Christ, governed by His laws, exercising the gifts, rights, and privileges invested in them by His Word, and seeking to extend the gospel to the ends of the earth. Each congregation operates under the Lordship of Christ through democratic processes. In such a congregation each member is responsible and accountable to Christ as Lord. Its scriptural officers are pastors and deacons. While both men and women are gifted for service in the church, the office of pastor is limited to men as qualified by Scripture.

The New Testament speaks also of the church as the Body of Christ which includes all of the redeemed of all the ages, believers from every tribe, and tongue, and people, and nation.

Therefore...any....bar none...Christian congregation or an assembly of, is the church Christ built

The catlick encyclopdia: church: The term church is the name employed in the Teutonic languages to render the Greek ekklesia (ecclesia), the term by which the New Testament writers denote the society founded by Jesus Christ....

Terrace, Canada

#473365 Aug 27, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes,I believe that Jesus is the Son of God.
As did all other people in all other religions believe their saviors were sons of gods.

Your belief is nothing special to those other people, just as their beliefs are nothing special to you.

Terrace, Canada

#473366 Aug 27, 2013
Pad wrote:
<I hate the whole concept of heaven and hell
You are LYING. If you hated the concept of hell, you would not believe in it.

You need hell in your concepts as it fits your desires that others are not worthy of heaven as are you.

Arrogance is the reason you cling to the dogma of HELL as being based on truth.

It never fit for me as a child, because I didn't believe that a god would be so stupid as to favor me simply because I belonged to a particular religion.

Terrace, Canada

#473367 Aug 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
If Jesus Christ is God; And He started a Church....this Church would obviously replace Israel.
Why do you LIE? You KNOW the pope would not start a Protestant religion ... yet you continually insult the Jews by claiming that Jesus the faithful Jew started a Catholic "church."

You people are not only ignorant and arrogant ... you are completely deceptive to your selves and others.

Terrace, Canada

#473368 Aug 27, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm smart - yes. In the least, I rcvd directly what "God" wants to do - and not thorugh some unknown author.
Hahahahahaha

I suggest that your over-dosing on Gnosticism has infected your brain-cells with nonsensical debris.

Terrace, Canada

#473369 Aug 27, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believed that "god" didn't glorify Catholicism ... would you still BE a Catholic???

:)
Clay

Garden City, MI

#473370 Aug 27, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't have "graven" images, Clay. Graven images are those whose sole purpose is idol worship. Obviously, not all images are "graven".
Dan (Pad) knows better, but he likes to play that card because he doesn't have anything else.
http://www.catholic.com/tracts/do-catholics-w...
well I was thinkin more of the actual term. Engraved; sculpture; carved.
Maybe I ought to be sure on this before I post. Thanks for the heads up, Regina.

Terrace, Canada

#473371 Aug 27, 2013
Most people who have the near-death experience, because they are certain that indeed they couldn't have had such a divine experience if a creator did not exist, are further convinced of a creator's existence.

However, that experience can be duplicated in a laboratory. The brain cells are traumatized by lack of oxygen and sensations of euphoria and images of one sort or another are produced in the brain.

Those indoctrinated previously by Catholicism might have nuns and Jesus appear to them as real.

Muslims might have what they believe is the 12th Imam (their supposed savior) and Allah appear as real to them.

Atheists (because of hearing of religion all their lives on television and from other sources) might believe that after all they did have a divine experience that linked them to a god.

Imagination is a busy little beast and it creates images ... NON-stop.

Terrace, Canada

#473372 Aug 27, 2013
Do Religion and Culture Affect a Near Death Experience ?

Near Death Experiences Series, Article 5 (Reviewed by the Editorial Board)

In one study carried out in 1985, the experiences of 16 Asian Indians had been compared with those of Americans and it had been found that the Indians had often encountered Yamraj, the Hindu king of the dead, while the Americans had not.

http://www.horizonresearch.org/main_page.php...

Terrace, Canada

#473373 Aug 27, 2013
Do Religion and Culture Affect a Near Death Experience ?

Near Death Experiences Series, Article 5 (Reviewed by the Editorial Board)

Some studies have been carried out with the aim of studying the NDE phenomenon in non-Western cultures.

Historically, events closely resembling an NDE have been described by Bolivian, Argentinean and North American Indians and also in Buddhist texts, Islamic texts and accounts from China, Siberia and Finland. The most common features are:

a) Having an out of body experience;

b) A reunion with ancestors and departed friends;

c) An experience of light accompanied by joy and peace;

d) A border or dividing line between the living and the dead.

http://www.horizonresearch.org/main_page.php ...

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#473374 Aug 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I am scared to become a Muslim. Apparently now, women can also expect 72 virgins upon arrival in Paradise.
I don't know about other women, but that scares the bejeepers out of me.
These days one horny saint is far more than I want to handle.
your sick!

Terrace, Canada

#473375 Aug 27, 2013
From my perception after being taught all our lives that we will see our deceased loved ones again in a hereafter, if we were to have what is called a near-death experience, we would automatically expect to see deceased love ones ... and so we would see them ... in imagination.

Imagination is a creator ... whether it's great or not is a matter of opinion.

Terrace, Canada

#473376 Aug 27, 2013
Psychics tell people that their deceased loved ones are always in a good place ... warm and loving and having a grand old time.

What a pile of steaming manure!

If they were miserable S.O.B.s on earth ... why would a creator reward them with bliss in a hereafter.

The story is always the same. As an example ... "Aunt Suzie was there in spirit with you at your wedding ... blah, blah, blah. She watched you cut the cake."

Aunt Suzie must have watched them have sex TOO. Now there's an image that is NOT so pleasant.

:)

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#473377 Aug 27, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
For your information, Confrinting, the Catholic Church, has,is and will ALWAYS be "grounded, solidified, nourished and sustained in JESUS CHRIST as Lord and Savior,(FIRST and foremost)--- with the Eucharist (CHRISTS TRUE BODY and BLOOD),--and----in the TRUTH of Jesus' own spoken WORDS in the TRUTH of the Gospel which is proclaimed (each and every day) at Daily Mass,---and----IN THE TRUE WORD which is ministered IN and THROUGH Our Lords One (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church.(EVERY SINCLE DAY) However-- you "wouldn't know ANYTHING about ANYTHING that is being proclaimed, taught and preached in the Catholic Church because you are (to busy) spreading your (so-called) Christian preaching that is "laced with NOTHING but (your own vindictive condemnation and judgement of other Christians (especially Catholics. You ministry consists of NOTHING but listing a bunch of bible verse that are (filled with distorted and deceitful "opinionated anti-catholic hate-filled lies" around this forum, that have "corrupted" your heart, mind and soul!! You don't for God------"never have" and "never will" until you come to TRUE SALVATION in Jesus Christ!!!
You wrote

For your information, Confrinting, the Catholic Church, has,is and will ALWAYS be "grounded, solidified, nourished and sustained in JESUS CHRIST as Lord and Savior...

You cannot validate what you have posted....

You only use JESUS for name dropping ...SO YOU CAN ASSOCIATE YOUR RELIGIOUS SYSTEM WITH HIM..

OTHER WISE YOU SAY NOTHING ABOUT HIM...

question...

just what do yo ever teach that glorifies JESUS...

YOUR FORT IS

Mat 11:28 Come unto THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH, all ye that labour and

are heavy laden, and WE will give you BONDAGE.

Mat 11:29 Take OUR yoke upon you, and learn of US; for WE ARE POMPOUS

AND PROUD in heart:

and ye shall TAKE CONFUSION unto your souls.

Mat 11:30 For OUR yoke is CUMBERSOME OUR my burden is HEAVY.

Terrace, Canada

#473378 Aug 27, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>your sick!
Are those in other religions "sick" because they don't follow YOUR specialty???

Do you realize they probably think the same of you as you think of them?

I suggest that you at least TRY to look PAST your arrogance ... for a change of scenery.

Terrace, Canada

#473379 Aug 27, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>your sick!
And by the way ... I would BE sick, if I was a Muslim woman who believed 72 horny male virgins were going to be welcoming me into Paradise.

I would consider that a REAL hell.

Terrace, Canada

#473380 Aug 27, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
You only use JESUS for name dropping
This is your most humorous post EVER!

You don't drop the word Jesus by chance. You throw that word around helter skelter as though if that Jew existed he would love your Protestant butt with a passion.

Hilarious stuff!
Chuck

Ashburn, VA

#473381 Aug 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
well I was thinkin more of the actual term. Engraved; sculpture; carved.
Maybe I ought to be sure on this before I post. Thanks for the heads up, Regina.
You can say that about a lot of your posts Clay.

Adam knew his wife, Eve.

Still cracks me up!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis wades into transgender debate, lam... 19 hr South Knox Hombre 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 22 Married in 10,204
News Pope Francis' Remarks Disappoint Gay and Transg... Aug 4 Leon 2
News The Pope s War Aug 2 The Proclaimer 1
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Aug 1 Bob 1
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' (Feb '16) Jul '16 make Donald Drump... 47
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul '16 Crusader 4
More from around the web