Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 690470 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#473353 Aug 27, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct New Age!...... I don't hold ANY truth, but Jesus Christ and HIS One TRUE Apostolic Catholic DOES hold the TRUTH!!!! And furthermore, it holds the FULLNESS of that TRUTH....Everything else; Every other Protestant bible only denomination since the Reformation has " gradually rejected" more and more of that truth, until today in the 21st century, all there is left is a hodge-podge of divided denominations of individual (half-truth) beliefs where each person "interprets their own truth ( better known as "relative truth"!!
Yes, your Baptist learning has caused you to believe this erroneously.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#473354 Aug 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
If Jesus Christ is God; And He started a Church....this Church would obviously replace Israel.
Its not a new teaching. Its as old as the Apostles.
Too bad, Jesus wasn't "God".
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#473355 Aug 27, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>The Cheribim were not knelt before and kissed and venerated,they existed on the Arc to show that they were the protectors of that ARC. The High praises of God are within the Angels He created as messengers,worshipers of the Almighty,and warriors of the heavenly realm against the Fallen Angels that serve Satan(Lucifer).
Using that does not compel me as a believer within the New Covenant to buy statues,and use them to bring into my life the Presence of the Living God.It is already a fact that when we are born of His Spirit we have allowed the Holy One to be with us.That is why He says"He will never leave us or forsake us."Literally Clay,we believers of the New and everlasting Covenant do not have NEED of religious articles to embellish our faith,because the Living God is present with us through the Holy Spirit,who reveals Jesus to us.
I as a believer in th New Covenant am not compelled to go to an edifice where a physical thing is set up to have me be in the presence of God,when no matter where I am the Presence of God is with me and in me,due to the power of the Holy Spirit.God our Father is OMNIPRESENT and He abides with us as we abide with Him.
The only thing that separates God from us is sin. When we abide in Him He abides in us.Jesus told us to come to Him,or open the Door so that He may come into us and SUP with Him.That is an invitation of Presence that goes beyond any human endeavor to bring about a presence.We can pray and seek God,and humble ourselves,that will bring about God willing His Spirit ot hover over us,and move in ways to teach us things,or even CALL us to His will.
The use of statues and shrines to embellish His presence is not a New Covenant treatise for any believer who is born of the Spirit of God.So realistically the whole matter is redundant to us who live by faith,and not by sight.We are to evangelize people in the same manner,so that they can become born again of the Spirit of God and walk in that Truth.
Clay there is no reasoning in this world that can convince me that I must have those trappings your Church uses to enhance my faith in the Living God.They are actually incumberances to us,distractions as it were.If you like them,that is fine for you,but remember that when you see many believers reject your church for those reasons,you might want to understand WHY?The bible does not support such beliefs you have for the use of Images,and all the other additives as it were,what to wear,and emulate,and beads to pray with(similar to Buddhists and Hindus,also the Muslims) Your in a large company of practitioners of these things used to embellish the presence of God,when in fact God is already present through the Holy Spirit,and in the Revelation of the Lord Jesus Christ!
You and this guy must think alike. Neither of you has a clue.

Human Being

Kinder, LA

#473356 Aug 27, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>The Cheribim were not knelt before and kissed and venerated,they existed on the Arc to show that they were the protectors of that ARC. The High praises of God are within the Angels He created as messengers,worshipers of the Almighty,and warriors of the heavenly realm against the Fallen Angels that serve Satan(Lucifer).
Using that does not compel me as a believer within the New Covenant to buy statues,and use them to bring into my life the Presence of the Living God.It is already a fact that when we are born of His Spirit we have allowed the Holy One to be with us.That is why He says"He will never leave us or forsake us."Literally Clay,we believers of the New and everlasting Covenant do not have NEED of religious articles to embellish our faith,because the Living God is present with us through the Holy Spirit,who reveals Jesus to us.
I as a believer in th New Covenant am not compelled to go to an edifice where a physical thing is set up to have me be in the presence of God,when no matter where I am the Presence of God is with me and in me,due to the power of the Holy Spirit.God our Father is OMNIPRESENT and He abides with us as we abide with Him.
The only thing that separates God from us is sin. When we abide in Him He abides in us.Jesus told us to come to Him,or open the Door so that He may come into us and SUP with Him.That is an invitation of Presence that goes beyond any human endeavor to bring about a presence.We can pray and seek God,and humble ourselves,that will bring about God willing His Spirit ot hover over us,and move in ways to teach us things,or even CALL us to His will.
The use of statues and shrines to embellish His presence is not a New Covenant treatise for any believer who is born of the Spirit of God.So realistically the whole matter is redundant to us who live by faith,and not by sight.We are to evangelize people in the same manner,so that they can become born again of the Spirit of God and walk in that Truth.
Clay there is no reasoning in this world that can convince me that I must have those trappings your Church uses to enhance my faith in the Living God.They are actually incumberances to us,distractions as it were.If you like them,that is fine for you,but remember that when you see many believers reject your church for those reasons,you might want to understand WHY?The bible does not support such beliefs you have for the use of Images,and all the other additives as it were,what to wear,and emulate,and beads to pray with(similar to Buddhists and Hindus,also the Muslims) Your in a large company of practitioners of these things used to embellish the presence of God,when in fact God is already present through the Holy Spirit,and in the Revelation of the Lord Jesus Christ!
Pad

Peace

If God is present through the Holy Spirit and in the Revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ, then there is no reason not to have symbols upon which to reflect, and expand one's knowledge, increase one's faith and commitment to God through prayer.

The question of "must have symbols", is negligible since all of Creation can be a reflection, and all its parts of the glory of God....

Peace

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#473357 Aug 27, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
You've never been to a Mass then obviously.
Only for forty years.....
Clay

Garden City, MI

#473358 Aug 27, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>
I as a believer in th New Covenant am not compelled to go to an edifice where a physical thing is set SNIPPEDt!
You are not a believer in the new covenant. The new covenant was a sacrament.(the Eucharist) You reject it.

Also, make up your mind. Is it ok for us to have graven images in our Churches like God commanded the Jews or not?
Remember, the issue is GRAVEN IMAGES. You and the others cite the first commandment to condemn us. We are not to have GRAVEN IMAGES of anything.

How come God disagrees with you? He commanded graven images of Angels be on the Ark.

Also, how could you possibly believe God is jealous of a graven image of Mary holding His Son?
You see the removal of logic that's required to be a fundie?
Regina

Bloomfield, NJ

#473359 Aug 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not a believer in the new covenant. The new covenant was a sacrament.(the Eucharist) You reject it.
Also, make up your mind. Is it ok for us to have graven images in our Churches like God commanded the Jews or not?
Remember, the issue is GRAVEN IMAGES. You and the others cite the first commandment to condemn us. We are not to have GRAVEN IMAGES of anything.
How come God disagrees with you? He commanded graven images of Angels be on the Ark.
Also, how could you possibly believe God is jealous of a graven image of Mary holding His Son?
You see the removal of logic that's required to be a fundie?
We don't have "graven" images, Clay. Graven images are those whose sole purpose is idol worship. Obviously, not all images are "graven".

Dan (Pad) knows better, but he likes to play that card because he doesn't have anything else.

http://www.catholic.com/tracts/do-catholics-w...
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#473360 Aug 27, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, your Baptist learning has caused you to believe this erroneously.
Hey, call it what you want New Age, which is about all that I/we as Catholics can expect from you "fundies". My commitment and dedication is to Jesus Christ,(each day and every day at Daily Mass) receiving HIS TRUE BODY AND BLOOD in the Eucharist.... in and through Our Lords One (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic.
Church. ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that is "erroneous" came over 450 years ago, from from the Protestant Reformation, and now over 42,000+ contradicting and inconsistent interpretations of the bible, where "making it up" as you go is the "common denominator" that keeps each new bible only belief in a constant state of the s"same old" conflicting confusion and chaos!!!

Location hidden

#473361 Aug 27, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes,I believe that Jesus is the Son of God.
He was prophesied in the Old testament.
Isaiah 7:14
14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
Matthew 1:18
20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.
21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.
22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,
23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, >>>>God with us.
According to the scriptures,
He was with God in the beginning.
According to the scriptures,He was the Word and the Word was God.
Do you deny what the Holy scriptures say?
You first say: Yes,I believe that Jesus is the Son of God.

Then you say: 23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, >>>>God with us.

Which, as stated, is contradictory.....If Christ is the Son of God, and if Emmanuel means "God with us", that is saying Christ is God????!!!!!

Which means the Scared Inspired Word of God is fallible...it teaches opposites on the matter...
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#473362 Aug 27, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
All of the first Christians were Jewish. They were the ones who said so.
The first Christians were the EX-Jew Catholics.

Stop LYING. It's not good for you.

Jews that practiced Judaism as the one and only truth did NOT become Catholics.
June VanDerMark

Terrace, Canada

#473363 Aug 27, 2013
<quoted text>
No need - I'm still trying to grasp how you and all of Christianity can accept limiting "God's inspiration".
When you can answer that, then you will have something to discuss.
And according to you ... YOU KNOW all ABOUT inspiration from "god" while others are too dumb to allow you to be their leader.

How funny!

Location hidden

#473364 Aug 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
If Jesus Christ is God; And He started a Church....this Church would obviously replace Israel.
Its not a new teaching. Its as old as the Apostles.
The proper noun "Church" is not in the Bible. The common noun "church" is....

denomnation: A large group of religious congregations united under a common faith and name and organized under a single administrative and legal hierarchy.

The Roman Catholic Church is a denomination of the Christian faith. Christ built not any...none...zilich denominations...He built His church.

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

church: ekklesia, a calling out, i.e.(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly, church.

Therefore...any....bar none...Christian congregation or an assembly of, is the church Christ built.

The NABre poop arroved Catlick bible: Church: this word (Greek ekkl&#275;sia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesusí church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

Therefore...any....bar none...Christian congregation or an assembly of, is the church Christ built

The SBC teaches:
A New Testament church of the Lord Jesus Christ is an autonomous local congregation of baptized believers, associated by covenant in the faith and fellowship of the gospel; observing the two ordinances of Christ, governed by His laws, exercising the gifts, rights, and privileges invested in them by His Word, and seeking to extend the gospel to the ends of the earth. Each congregation operates under the Lordship of Christ through democratic processes. In such a congregation each member is responsible and accountable to Christ as Lord. Its scriptural officers are pastors and deacons. While both men and women are gifted for service in the church, the office of pastor is limited to men as qualified by Scripture.

The New Testament speaks also of the church as the Body of Christ which includes all of the redeemed of all the ages, believers from every tribe, and tongue, and people, and nation.

Therefore...any....bar none...Christian congregation or an assembly of, is the church Christ built

The catlick encyclopdia: church: The term church is the name employed in the Teutonic languages to render the Greek ekklesia (ecclesia), the term by which the New Testament writers denote the society founded by Jesus Christ....

June VanDerMark

Terrace, Canada

#473365 Aug 27, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes,I believe that Jesus is the Son of God.
As did all other people in all other religions believe their saviors were sons of gods.

Your belief is nothing special to those other people, just as their beliefs are nothing special to you.
June VanDerMark

Terrace, Canada

#473366 Aug 27, 2013
Pad wrote:
<I hate the whole concept of heaven and hell
You are LYING. If you hated the concept of hell, you would not believe in it.

You need hell in your concepts as it fits your desires that others are not worthy of heaven as are you.

Arrogance is the reason you cling to the dogma of HELL as being based on truth.

It never fit for me as a child, because I didn't believe that a god would be so stupid as to favor me simply because I belonged to a particular religion.
June VanDerMark

Terrace, Canada

#473367 Aug 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you LIE? You KNOW the pope would not start a Protestant religion ... yet you continually insult the Jews by claiming that Jesus the faithful Jew started a Catholic "church."

You people are not only ignorant and arrogant ... you are completely deceptive to your selves and others.
June VanDerMark

Terrace, Canada

#473368 Aug 27, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm smart - yes. In the least, I rcvd directly what "God" wants to do - and not thorugh some unknown author.
Hahahahahaha

I suggest that your over-dosing on Gnosticism has infected your brain-cells with nonsensical debris.
June VanDerMark

Terrace, Canada

#473369 Aug 27, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believed that "god" didn't glorify Catholicism ... would you still BE a Catholic???

:)
Clay

Garden City, MI

#473370 Aug 27, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't have "graven" images, Clay. Graven images are those whose sole purpose is idol worship. Obviously, not all images are "graven".
Dan (Pad) knows better, but he likes to play that card because he doesn't have anything else.
http://www.catholic.com/tracts/do-catholics-w...
well I was thinkin more of the actual term. Engraved; sculpture; carved.
Maybe I ought to be sure on this before I post. Thanks for the heads up, Regina.
June VanDerMark

Terrace, Canada

#473371 Aug 27, 2013
Most people who have the near-death experience, because they are certain that indeed they couldn't have had such a divine experience if a creator did not exist, are further convinced of a creator's existence.

However, that experience can be duplicated in a laboratory. The brain cells are traumatized by lack of oxygen and sensations of euphoria and images of one sort or another are produced in the brain.

Those indoctrinated previously by Catholicism might have nuns and Jesus appear to them as real.

Muslims might have what they believe is the 12th Imam (their supposed savior) and Allah appear as real to them.

Atheists (because of hearing of religion all their lives on television and from other sources) might believe that after all they did have a divine experience that linked them to a god.

Imagination is a busy little beast and it creates images ... NON-stop.
June VanDerMark

Terrace, Canada

#473372 Aug 27, 2013
Do Religion and Culture Affect a Near Death Experience ?

Near Death Experiences Series, Article 5 (Reviewed by the Editorial Board)

In one study carried out in 1985, the experiences of 16 Asian Indians had been compared with those of Americans and it had been found that the Indians had often encountered Yamraj, the Hindu king of the dead, while the Americans had not.

http://www.horizonresearch.org/main_page.php...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 3 hr Married in 10,658
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov 12 South Knox Hombre 1
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Nov 8 Feeling Abandoned 37
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Nov 2 whirlignmerc 11
News War, religion and tolerance Oct 30 The Bible Student 1
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct '17 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct '17 The Bible Student 81
More from around the web