Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Jul 10, 2007 Read more: CBC News 582,390
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#473060 Aug 26, 2013
Near-Death Experiences of Muslims

Many Muslims believe that the righteous are able to see visions of God after death and that the wicked see visions of hell. Except for these possible visions of heaven or hell, Muslims believe the soul remains in a kind of "soul sleep" until Judgment Day. When the Day of Judgment arrives, everyone is judged according to their deeds in life. Many Muslims believe that non-Muslims can attain heaven only after a period of purification in the fires of purgatory.

http://www.near-death.com/muslim.html
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#473061 Aug 26, 2013
Plain Jane wrote:
<quoted text>
Suppose someone is baptized Catholic as an infant, but stops attending Mass completely later in life, is that person still a Catholic?
A non practicing Catholic.
Clay

United States

#473062 Aug 26, 2013
Plain Jane wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, this is a profound statement that goes way beyond your own church's teachings.
"For Christianity, its either the Catholic faith or nothing. Any other scenario uses way to much ignorance and man made theories."
Neither you nor your antagonists can see it.
You each apply different standards to the other's interpretation of the Bible than you do to your own.
In today's world, why would any Christian tell anyone else who professes to love Jesus, and who lives) a moral life (as far as you know, that they are not Christian?
You claim to be a faithful Roman Catholic. Please show us - where does the Roman Catholic church teach such things?
Who teaches you such things? Pope Francis maybe? That must be it. Let's make those his words:
"For Christianity, its either the Catholic faith or nothing. Any other scenario uses way to much ignorance and man made theories."
Pope Francis
(Sorry, just having a little fun. Don't let others control you so much :o)
Its either the Catholic faith or nothing, for the revelation of truth. God works with all peoples. But the fullness of truth can only be one. Sorry, but the 50,000 protestant popes could not be the revealers of truth. Its been proving too many times how Protestantism has launched Christianity into a doctrinal chaotic mess. Truth has been twisted so often its sad
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#473063 Aug 26, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
NOTE...NONE OF YOUR SAINTS.... BODIES (THAT YOU WORSHIP AND PRAY TO) HAVE BEEN REDEEMED...
===>THIS... INCLUDES... MARY THE MOTHER OF JESUS...WHOM YOU CLAIM
Confrinting---I see that you "continue" to (appoint yourself) as the "final judge" regarding the Salvation, faith and redemption of ANYONE and EVERYONE else's personal relationship with Jesus Christ, as you attack HIS faithfilled Saints, that have "all gone before us, marked with the sign of faith" in Our Lords One True Catholic Church.......... It is obvious that your OWN personal vengeance against Jesus Christ HIMSELF has TOTALLY corrupted, infected and decayed your heart, mind and soul....... The ONLY THING THAT YOUR MINISTRY CAN STAND UPON is to condemn and pass judgement against the faith of other Christians (especially Catholics). Your "smoke and mirrors" Quoting and misquoting of bible verses attracts (by deception) a handful of "non-thinking" hostile anti-catholic hatemongers like you, who you have "duped" to your "bible only" snake oil ministry!!......The TRUTH has, is and will ALWAYS be manifested and preserved in Jesus Christ and HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church, despite heretical preachers like you, who have "come and gone" for over 2000 years---YET-----THE ONE TRUE CATHOLIC CHURCH established by Jesus Christ HIMSELF----------LIVES ON!!!----Because Jesus said it would in the Gospel of Matthew!!!!!
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#473064 Aug 26, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you don't remember very well.
I have quoted the Bible to Oxbore about one verse. and if you have problem with that, then you have problems that I cant fix.
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
and Yes, the Bible is the Word of God, but don't let that bother you, no catholic believes that anyway.
the words from your homosexual priests and their pedophile cohorts carry much more weight than the Word of God.
and getting back to those secular achievements and what YOU perceive as great, here is what God Says.
for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart.
NO SURPRISE THAT THIS VERSE AGREES(SPIRITUAL) TOTALLY WITH ME,
while you looked on the outside(secular)
Did you look up the word "secular" yet?

Vanderhoof, Canada

#473065 Aug 26, 2013
Theologians in ALL religions were busy myth-makers, paid to encourage people to follow their lines of enticing words.

The Aztecs had more than one "lord" as hoped-for saviors.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Quetzalcoatl

You have graciously arrived, you have known pain, you have known weariness, now come on earth, take your rest, enter into your palace, rest your limbs; may our lords come on earth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quetzalcoatl

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#473066 Aug 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
The devout Christians on this forum become angry at me for not believing in the words taught to them by their preferred theologians.
sorry, june but speaking for me and me alone, I want to say to you.

it is not my responsibility to MAKE you accept the Word of God. I would help you to understand His Word but Never would I force you to accept Him as your Savior.

that responsibility lies entirely in your hands, and the blood of your body and soul is not on the hands of those who have taught you better on this forum.

I for one will not give you a God Bless, if you choose to remain in darkness, Amen.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#473067 Aug 26, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I did and it wasn't positive.
How sad. A person always finds what they are looking for.
truth

Perth, Australia

#473068 Aug 26, 2013
on my Cross stay I'N'RI

Did you know who is been there?

many many will come in my name its not me..

Vanderhoof, Canada

#473069 Aug 26, 2013
You can and do believe that YOUR religion offers the only truth to all people on earth.

But if you are HONEST ... you will see that all people who place high value on their own religious dogmas ... are in the same predicament as are you.

They have been lied to by the myth-making theologian who had NO right to teach that they knew truth ... but did so any-WAY they found possible.

It's how they earned their "keep."

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#473070 Aug 26, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you look up the word "secular" yet?
well, I don't have to but I will help you out.

Definition of SECULAR. 1. a: of or relating to the worldly or temporal

and some of those great buildings(secular) will some day fall down and return to the dust from whence they came.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#473071 Aug 26, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You are one of the most vile sick human beings I've ever encountered. You are so far removed from Christianity that its difficult to identify the religion you preach.
Having said that, its still amusing watching you prove the catastrophe of sola scripture to you and your evangelical cohorts.
.. Mary is my spiritual Mother. I love her and respect her just like Our Lord Jesus Christ did. You do not understand the Bible. You do not understand what the Ark of the covenant that bore forth the word of God made flesh is. That most Holy Ark is Mary. Your twisted mind believes Joseph - a devout obedient Jew - would think its ok to have sex with this Holiest of Arks. This is why earlier Christians - who were also Jews- immediately realized that Mary was an untouchable Holy Ark.
You should also realize your words above greatly offend Jesus Christ as they would ANY of us, if someone spoke in that manner about our Moms.
Get help Ox.
Amen.
Evil despises what is Holy, and seeks to degrade and pervert it.
That's why oxie has such venom toward Mary.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#473072 Aug 26, 2013
Cognitive dissonance

Belief disconfirmation paradigm

Dissonance is aroused when people are confronted with information that is inconsistent with their beliefs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_disson...
Plain Jane

Orlando, FL

#473073 Aug 26, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Its either the Catholic faith or nothing, for the revelation of truth. God works with all peoples. But the fullness of truth can only be one. Sorry, but the 50,000 protestant popes could not be the revealers of truth. Its been proving too many times how Protestantism has launched Christianity into a doctrinal chaotic mess. Truth has been twisted so often its sad
That's not Catholic teaching.

I ask again. Where do you get that nonsense? Please give us one credible Catholic source.

You cannot because you are a troll. Muslim is my guess. Certainly you know little of Catholic teachings.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#473074 Aug 26, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<it is not my responsibility to MAKE you accept the Word of God.
If you believe that statement was true you would not BE on this forum promoting your religion as the one and only truth on earth.

I suggest you stop lying.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#473075 Aug 26, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
as you attack HIS faithfilled Saints, that have "all gone before us,
What a pile of slop is that word "saint."

Any religion that USES it, ought to be ashamed.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Opposite Word of saint:

"demon, devil, fiend"

http://www.opposite-word.com/default.asp

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#473076 Aug 26, 2013
Plain Jane wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not Catholic teaching.
I ask again. Where do you get that nonsense? Please give us one credible Catholic source.
You cannot because you are a troll. Muslim is my guess. Certainly you know little of Catholic teachings.
Clay is 100% Catholic.His post does prove it! You will not find a Catholic stating anything less.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#473077 Aug 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe that statement was true you would not BE on this forum promoting your religion as the one and only truth on earth.
I suggest you stop lying.
Everyone on this forum states the truth as they know it to be as you do.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#473078 Aug 26, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
The frustrations of Christianity.
Yes!!! Bible only Christianity!!!
marge

Ames, IA

#473079 Aug 26, 2013
Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.... Bless those who persecute
you. Don't curse them; pray that God will bless them....
//bible.cc/romans/12-14.htm - 17k

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Turkish Leaders Invoke Crusades, Inquisition in... 4 min Old Pom 20
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Mr Sir 9,174
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 2 hr dollarsbill 84,032
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) Thu ELIAS IBARRA 51
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... Thu Rockstar 14
News Pope calls Armenian slaughter '1st genocide of ... Apr 15 SpaceBlues 3
News Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... Apr 14 ELIAS IBARRA 6
More from around the web