Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 22,816)

Showing posts 456,301 - 456,320 of511,680
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
There wasn't one word to Clay about Oxbow's obnoxious post when you jumped in and defended his position on the Virgin Mary. That may have been the appropriate time to voice your opposition to his language, if you in fact did oppose it. It's ok chuck, we know how you feel about her, no need for the phoniness.
chill out, none of us address [everything] that is written in any one post.

and it is obvious that common sense is not prevalent in members of the catholic church.

which is why you people have wimps for your priests. they don't want to admit that a young man and woman like Joseph and Mary would wish to [know] each other as husband and wife.

but for your priests to say otherwise would indicate that they were not Jewish nor obedient to His commandment.

now repeat back to me about the foolishness of Joseph being an old man and those children that were spoke about came from a earlier marriage, yet here we find that they would then be much older than Jesus and still clinging to mary. this is funny to any person that hasn't been lied to, like you people.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The definition for "denomination" is from the Eng;ish dictionary...it is not bogus nor is it anti-Catholic..it is not a 21st century "modernistic" opinionated twisted" BS that is perverted to fit my Protestant "self-created Church History Propaganda.
You have failed to show what you call my "distorting, manipulating and twisting" the TRUTH of the Bible, in both steps 1 and 2..
Step 3.
church: ekklesia, a calling out, i.e.(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly, church.
This is just more of the same old distorted, false and perverted anti-catholic "twisting of the TRUTH" that you are so famous for!
EVERYONE on this forum, KNOWS (without a doubt)--that are "both Catholic and Protestant" recognizes how "out of touch" you are when it comes to the TRUTH of the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the bible as well as the TRUTH of TRUE Church History (from over 2000 years).
You OX just keep "making it up" as you go along,(desperately hoping) that someone---ANYONE---will believe the BS that you keep "throwing out on this forum.....You have been "shown the TRUTH" by practically everyone on this forum---YET----by your own egotistical
and "blinded heart, mind and soul --you hang on to your "thumb sucking" bible verses and true Church History (faster) than the "tea cups spin around at Disneyland!!
3) The Greek word for Church is "ecclesia" which refers to a visible, heiarchical and authoritative Church (With Bishops, priests, deacons and elders) CONFIRMED in Acts 2. There is ABSOLUTELY NO BIBLICAL PROOF that the Jesus formed and intiated HIS CHURCH as a invisible, ethereal body of believers "loosely connected" by faith in the bible alone!!!YOU "FUNDIES" have "MADE THIS UP" just like you do with everything else!!!!! There was "no bible" for over 350 years after Jesus established and formed HIS (visible, heirachical, authoritative CHURCH, beginning at Antioch, then Galatia, Corinth, Thessalonica, Ephesus, Philippi....There was ONLY the unwritten word and the traditions handed down "verbally" by Jesus to the Apostoles who where ALL Bishops (overseeing the Churches). Ox!!! You make think that you can get away with "scamming" others on this forum with your editorialized opinionated (misquoting and distorting of the TRUE INTERPRETATION bible) and the Truth of TRUE Church History (but you are not fooling me) because I lived this "bible only lie" of your for over 35 years before coming to the TRUTH of TRUE Salvation in Jesus Christ--in and through HIS ONE TRUE APOSTOLIC CATHOLIC CHURCH!!!
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
The qualifiers of Christianity.
Do you know them all?
I wonder why it is not required to believe in all of Jesus, but special consideration is placed upon if a woman remained a virgin or not.
DOH!
Not responding to this post.But I would really like to know the extent of the sexuality Jesus would have to fulfill in order to be able to redeem that part of humanity?
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>chill out, none of us address [everything] that is written in any one post.
and it is obvious that common sense is not prevalent in members of the catholic church.
which is why you people have wimps for your priests. they don't want to admit that a young man and woman like Joseph and Mary would wish to [know] each other as husband and wife.
but for your priests to say otherwise would indicate that they were not Jewish nor obedient to His commandment.
now repeat back to me about the foolishness of Joseph being an old man and those children that were spoke about came from a earlier marriage, yet here we find that they would then be much older than Jesus and still clinging to mary. this is funny to any person that hasn't been lied to, like you people.
John Wesley (Founder of Methodism)

"I believe... he [Jesus Christ] was born of the blessed Virgin, who, as well after as she brought him forth, continued a pure and unspotted virgin."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"I believe... he [Jesus Christ] was born of the blessed Virgin, who, as well after as she brought him forth, continued a pure and unspotted virgin."
Just his opinion. DOESNT MEAN THAT HE IS RIGHT.

COMMON SENSE DICTATES THAT HE IS WRONG!!!!!!!!!!

No doubt that Jesus was Born of a virgin, that is Scriptual, just as it is Scriptual that the seed of Abraham was to go forth and multiply.

so if YOU believe this man was never wrong, let see what he says about apostolic succession. lol

When in 1746 Wesley read Lord King on the primitive church, he became convinced that the concept of apostolic succession in Anglicanism was a "fable".[17] He wrote that he was "a scriptural episkopos as much as many men in England."

and that is the difference between me and him. I cant choose what I wish to believe and what I cant or don't!

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice..huge Rush fan, saw the Moving Pictures tour in Minneapolis, 1982...
NA <--- saw them for the first time on their recent Time Machine Tour and managed to get a "Meet and Greet" as well!

Took my 17 yr old son - had front row seats. He dug it, as it was his first "front row concert".

;o)

They also allowed cameras, so I managed to get a whole bunch of pics and vids.

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Not responding to this post.But I would really like to know the extent of the sexuality Jesus would have to fulfill in order to be able to redeem that part of humanity?
Your question is unclear. Would you mind clarifying?

Thanks!

BTW - as far as I believe - there is not "special" sexuality that is required, as we are all supposed "Spirit" after we die.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Just his opinion. DOESNT MEAN THAT HE IS RIGHT.
COMMON SENSE DICTATES THAT HE IS WRONG!!!!!!!!!!
No doubt that Jesus was Born of a virgin, that is Scriptual, just as it is Scriptual that the seed of Abraham was to go forth and multiply.
so if YOU believe this man was never wrong, let see what he says about apostolic succession. lol
When in 1746 Wesley read Lord King on the primitive church, he became convinced that the concept of apostolic succession in Anglicanism was a "fable".[17] He wrote that he was "a scriptural episkopos as much as many men in England."
and that is the difference between me and him. I cant choose what I wish to believe and what I cant or don't!
The founder of your protestsnt sect said you're wrong. Yeah, you can choose to believe whatever you want....Ananias was a freelancer, implanted embryo, smarter than St. Paul with an IQ of over 140, better than St. Peter....lol.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

<quoted text>
NA <--- saw them for the first time on their recent Time Machine Tour and managed to get a "Meet and Greet" as well!
Took my 17 yr old son - had front row seats. He dug it, as it was his first "front row concert".
;o)
Cool.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
This is just more of the same old distorted, false and perverted anti-catholic "twisting of the TRUTH" that you are so famous for!
EVERYONE on this forum, KNOWS (without a doubt)--that are "both Catholic and Protestant" recognizes how "out of touch" you are when it comes to the TRUTH of the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the bible as well as the TRUTH of TRUE Church History (from over 2000 years).
You OX just keep "making it up" as you go along,(desperately hoping) that someone---ANYONE---will believe the BS that you keep "throwing out on this forum.....You have been "shown the TRUTH" by practically everyone on this forum---YET----by your own egotistical
and "blinded heart, mind and soul --you hang on to your "thumb sucking" bible verses and true Church History (faster) than the "tea cups spin around at Disneyland!!
3) The Greek word for Church is "ecclesia" which refers to a visible, heiarchical and authoritative Church (With Bishops, priests, deacons and elders) CONFIRMED in Acts 2. There is ABSOLUTELY NO BIBLICAL PROOF that the Jesus formed and intiated HIS CHURCH as a invisible, ethereal body of believers "loosely connected" by faith in the bible alone!!!YOU "FUNDIES" have "MADE THIS UP" just like you do with everything else!!!!! There was "no bible" for over 350 years after Jesus established and formed HIS (visible, heirachical, authoritative CHURCH, beginning at Antioch, then Galatia, Corinth, Thessalonica, Ephesus, Philippi....There was ONLY the unwritten word and the traditions handed down "verbally" by Jesus to the Apostoles who where ALL Bishops (overseeing the Churches). Ox!!! You make think that you can get away with "scamming" others on this forum with your editorialized opinionated (misquoting and distorting of the TRUE INTERPRETATION bible) and the Truth of TRUE Church History (but you are not fooling me) because I lived this "bible only lie" of your for over 35 years before coming to the TRUTH of TRUE Salvation in Jesus Christ--in and through HIS ONE TRUE APOSTOLIC CATHOLIC CHURCH!!!
The definition for "church" is from Strong's Greek lexicon....it is not bogus nor is it anti-Catholic..it is not a 21st century "modernistic" opinionated twisted" BS that is perverted to fit my Protestant "self-created Church History Propaganda.

You have failed to show what you call my "distorting, manipulating and twisting" the TRUTH of the Bible, in both steps 1,2 and 3..

Step 4.
The NABre poop approved Catlick bible: Church: this word (Greek ekkl&#275;sia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesusí church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
What Scripture did he quote to support his belief?????

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The founder of your protestsnt sect said you're wrong. Yeah, you can choose to believe whatever you want....Ananias was a freelancer, implanted embryo, smarter than St. Paul with an IQ of over 140, better than St. Peter....lol.
he is not anything to me but a person who was so misguided in much of his beliefs, most of the time.

the quote was from him to a roman catholic explaining what he felt they had in common.

and many other angelicans have much more in common with Mainsteam Christianity than he did.

even tho, Our faith claims a second definite Work of Grace, Wesley NEVER DID. you did know that right?

My personal beliefs are more in line with a Wesleyan/Armenian doctrine than any angelican belief.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>he is not anything to me but a person who was so misguided in much of his beliefs, most of the time.
the quote was from him to a roman catholic explaining what he felt they had in common.
and many other angelicans have much more in common with Mainsteam Christianity than he did.
even tho, Our faith claims a second definite Work of Grace, Wesley NEVER DID. you did know that right?
My personal beliefs are more in line with a Wesleyan/Armenian doctrine than any angelican belief.
Your beliefs are that anyone who doesn't believe as you do is an idiot. They lack common sense because you are the king of common sense. The only problem is that millions of protestants far smarter and biblically sound than you believed Mary was ever-virgin. You've got inferiority complex and a real ego problem. Get that fixed and you might get saved...

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Albanians ..IQ what are,you talking about .

Paul was the most educated of the original disciples..

JAMES,Jesus brother..this,takes,
Nothing away from Jesus of Mary.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Albanians ..IQ what are,you talking about .
Paul was the most educated of the original disciples..
JAMES,Jesus brother..this,takes,
Nothing away from Jesus of Mary.
Lol. Preston says he's a Mensa. Says he's a better disciple of Christ than St. Peter was. Says his mother was a far better mother than Mary. Says Anannias in Acts acted on his own when he baptized St. Paul and should never have told him it would wash away his sins. Says Mary was implanted with a fertilized embryo and was simply an incubator. He's the king of common sense.

He's a kook.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

<quoted text>
;o)
Nice. I haven't missed a Rush show in yrs. I too was front row on the Snakes and Arrows tour.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
1Co 14:35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.
SBC
VI. The Church
A New Testament church of the Lord Jesus Christ is an autonomous local congregation of baptized believers, associated by covenant in the faith and fellowship of the gospel; observing the two ordinances of Christ, governed by His laws, exercising the gifts, rights, and privileges invested in them by His Word, and seeking to extend the gospel to the ends of the earth. Each congregation operates under the Lordship of Christ through democratic processes. In such a congregation each member is responsible and accountable to Christ as Lord. Its scriptural officers are pastors and deacons. While both men and women are gifted for service in the church, the office of pastor is limited to men as qualified by Scripture.
The New Testament speaks also of the church as the Body of Christ which includes all of the redeemed of all the ages, believers from every tribe, and tongue, and people, and nation.
Matthew 16:15-19; 18:15-20; Acts 2:41-42,47; 5:11-14; 6:3-6; 13:1-3; 14:23,27; 15:1-30; 16:5; 20:28; Romans 1:7; 1 Corinthians 1:2; 3:16; 5:4-5; 7:17; 9:13-14; 12; Ephesians 1:22-23; 2:19-22; 3:8-11,21; 5:22-32; Philippians 1:1; Colossians 1:18; 1 Timothy 2:9-14; 3:1-15; 4:14; Hebrews 11:39-40; 1 Peter 5:1-4; Revelation 2-3; 21:2-3.
~~~

It aint no wonder that you are so dumb...

You refuse to allow your wife to speak in the church...

You refuse the input from those here in this forum...

You are evidently on an island ...of you own.

While you are supposedly living under grace,

Evidently You require your wife.... to live under the law and

refuse to respect her as an intelligent human being even less a Christian...Christian..

It takes two scriptures (two witnesses from the word of God) to establish a doctrine/truth

can you give another scripture in cross reference...to co-relate what

you have posted and prove your point?

Yes the Bible does say to one particular Church..

1Co 14:34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

You take that scripture that was given to one particular church because the women folk were disturbing the service asking questions...

give it your private interpretation and

attempt to apply it to the whole body of Christ...

I hope all oxen are not as dumb as you are.

the trend of the new Testament does no agree with you application..

JESUS DID NOT FORBID WOMEN TO PREACH...DELIVER HIS WORD

IN

Mat 28:6 THE FIRST MESSAGE OF THE RESURRECTION WAS GIVEN BY WOMEN...

THAT DON'T SOUND LIKE SILENCE TO ME

Mat 28:6
He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.

Mat 28:7 And go quickly, and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead; and, behold, he goeth before you into Galilee; there shall ye see him: lo, I have told you.

Mat 28:8 And they departed quickly from the sepulchre with fear and great joy; and did run to bring his disciples word.

Mat 28:9 And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him.

Mat 28:10 Then said Jesus unto them, Be not afraid: go tell my brethren that they go into Galilee, and there shall they see me.

-->THESE WOMEN DID NOT WAIT FOR THEIR HUSBAND'S INSTRUCTIONS AT HOME...NOW DID THEY?<--

~~~

continued

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

continued from my forme post

THE WOMAN AT JACOBS WELL.... DID NOT WAIT FOR ONE OF HER FIVE HUSBANDS

TO

INSTRUCT HER

Joh 4:28 The woman then left her waterpot, and went her way into the city, and saith to the men,

Joh 4:29 Come, see a man, which told me all things that ever I did: is not this the Christ?

Joh 4:30 Then they went out of the city, and came unto him.

Joh 4:31 In the mean while his disciples prayed him, saying, Master, eat.

Joh 4:32 But he said unto them, I have meat to eat that ye know not of.

Joh 4:33 Therefore said the disciples one to another, Hath any man brought him ought to eat?

Joh 4:34 Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.

Joh 4:35 Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest.

Joh 4:36 And he that reapeth receiveth wages, and gathereth fruit unto life eternal: that both he that soweth and he that reapeth may rejoice together.
Joh 4:37 And herein is that saying true, One soweth, and another reapeth.

Joh 4:38 I sent you to reap that whereon ye bestowed no labour: other men laboured, and ye are entered into their labours.

-->NOTE
Joh 4:39 --> And many of the Samaritans of that city believed on him for the saying of the woman, which testified, He told me all that ever I did.

Joh 4:40 So when the Samaritans were come unto him, they besought him that he would tarry with them: and he abode there two days.

Joh 4:41 And many more believed because of his own word;

Joh 4:42 And said unto the woman,

Now we believe, not because of thy saying:

for we have heard him ourselves, and

know that this is indeed the Christ,

the Saviour of the world.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
It aint no wonder that you are so dumb...
You refuse to allow your wife to speak in the church...
You refuse the input from those here in this forum...
You are evidently on an island ...of you own.
While you are supposedly living under grace,
Evidently You require your wife.... to live under the law and
refuse to respect her as an intelligent human being even less a Christian...Christian..
It takes two scriptures (two witnesses from the word of God) to establish a doctrine/truth
can you give another scripture in cross reference...to co-relate what
you have posted and prove your point?
Yes the Bible does say to one particular Church..
1Co 14:34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.
You take that scripture that was given to one particular church because the women folk were disturbing the service asking questions...
give it your private interpretation and
attempt to apply it to the whole body of Christ...
I hope all oxen are not as dumb as you are.
the trend of the new Testament does no agree with you application..
JESUS DID NOT FORBID WOMEN TO PREACH...DELIVER HIS WORD
IN
Mat 28:6 THE FIRST MESSAGE OF THE RESURRECTION WAS GIVEN BY WOMEN...
THAT DON'T SOUND LIKE SILENCE TO ME
Mat 28:6
He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.
Mat 28:7 And go quickly, and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead; and, behold, he goeth before you into Galilee; there shall ye see him: lo, I have told you.
Mat 28:8 And they departed quickly from the sepulchre with fear and great joy; and did run to bring his disciples word.
Mat 28:9 And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him.
Mat 28:10 Then said Jesus unto them, Be not afraid: go tell my brethren that they go into Galilee, and there shall they see me.
-->THESE WOMEN DID NOT WAIT FOR THEIR HUSBAND'S INSTRUCTIONS AT HOME...NOW DID THEY?<--
~~~
continued
The Bible does not forbid women to speak..it does teach they are to be silent in church.....

The SBC follows the teaching of the Bible...that is one reason why I are a SBC church member.

The most idiotic quote so far on this forum "Yes the Bible does say to one particular Church.."

Clue...if indeed that be true, and it applies to only that one particular church, it would not need to be in my Bible nor yours!!!!!

1Co 14:34 ∂ Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.
Ge 3:16; 1Co 11:3; Eph 5:22; Col 3:18; 1Ti 2:11-12; Tit 2:5; 1Pe 3:1

Seven is more than plenty....

You sound like you have ample supply and partake of JD Black label!!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Confriting say:

If you are a real Christian You will believe God's word.

Which is the chronicle of the life death and resurrection of Jesus Christ ..THE SON OF GOD...

Ah asked: Is that a typo??? Or are you finally acknowledging that Christ is the Son of God...and not God Himself????

Confriting say:---------

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 456,301 - 456,320 of511,680
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 59 min Lorenzo 7,633
Greek Orthodox prelates denounce Catholicism as... 13 hr Joseph Paskudnok 2
Anglican priest ordained to Catholic priesthood... Apr 14 Highchurchman 5
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Apr 12 ELIAS IBARRA 17
Krakow prays to its saint John Paul II Apr 12 Clear Dharma 5
Philippines cardinal worked for peace with Muslims Apr 10 Silent Crusader 4
Pope Presses Anti-AIDS Chastity Strategy in Africa Apr 8 Atheist Silurist 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••