Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683856 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#472921 Aug 25, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
June you are so off the mark, and so much in denial that you can't hear or see the truth, nor do you want to that is a fact.
Bitterness does that to people.
'GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD HE GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON TO DIE FOR THE SINS OF THE WORLD. people keep posting that one verse but we must read on to get the whole truth.
John 3:16 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
If you do not believe in God, you have tied His hands.
Without faith you will never please God.
And God will not move where there is no faith.
God didn't shut you out you shut God out.
Now your crying and want Him to do something.
You have not because you ask not, because if you asked it would be,
turning to God in faith believing in Him to move in your life and knocking down those walls rebellion.
You don't want to give God the satisfaction, what it really comes down to is your pride.
'REMEMBER PRIDE BEFORE A FALL, THE REASON SATAN WAS BOOTED OUT OF HEAVEN PRIDE SILLY STUPID PRIDE.
THIS IS WHO YOU SHOULD BE MAD AT.
Isaiah 14. 12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;
Your theology IS ... "GOD loves only those in my religion, and I love him because he reserved all his love for ME.

And ... to hell with others!!!"

June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#472922 Aug 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Clay, the catholic church is closing a church in the next town over were our friend goes and she and the members in that church are pretty upset about it.
And those who are assured GOD loves only them enjoy rubbing salt in the wounds of those they are assured that GOD doesn't love.

How can we tell that YOU are Protestant?

Religion is built on self-idolization and nothing more.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#472923 Aug 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Rose you are . They trueth is the catholic church has less members in these areas and these churches near to close and to consolidate.
So it's,only those with money joining the Church in droves,as we HSVE Been told on here ..the poor Catholics ..usually the mist faithful ..get to "eat cake " as th e it churches close ..they can't move to the suburbs,.

Poor Detroit ...

What's the use of having all that money in Rome if nit to support the poor CHURCHES.

But one church is in prime development areas ..worth lots to the Dioceses .

The people were trying to get it declared historical..But th a t don t keep the doors,open.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#472924 Aug 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Could it mean to be Christ Like? For each of us to live as Christ would have lived.
According to your theology Jesus loved his father who reserved hell for misfits.

You don't seem to have any problem whatsoever following that same concept.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#472925 Aug 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I would be upset too. It sucks that the Church has to close. But there aren't enough Priests right now in some cases. The fact is, you do not know why they are closing that particular Church. You're only speculating.
They are closing because the membership is way down and they can not afford to keep it open so they are merging this church with another Catholic Church.My friend is upset because this is a church she has been going to all her life and the other church is further away.
Oxbow

Westlake, LA

#472926 Aug 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Websters Dictionary doesn't get to define Christianity and neither do you.
I know that, Foot-in-mouth...there are no two different Christianities, as yo say there is!!!!
Oxbow

Westlake, LA

#472927 Aug 25, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You and the rest of your Roman Catholic cronies are nothing more than a sanctimonious self-centered self-serving southbound end of a northbound horse. What comes out of the horse has far greater value than what spews out of your mouth. You and your kind would not know Jesus if he fell on you. You think He is a cracker!!!! Go back to your statue and mary worship and quit interrupting the REAL Christians on this forum with your mumbo jumbo.
Amen!!!
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#472928 Aug 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
He,was willingly sacrificing Himself ..He told His,followers,..he did not run away ..
That was His,purpose in Coming ..
Within the Catholic theology Jesus "couldn't" run away. His father sent him to save only those who were Catholic.

The Catholics wrote it in the new testament and stated that the whole book was based on truth.

The faithful Jews are still waiting for the "messiah" to come for the first time, as THEY believe that Jesus was not the real messiah.

Even though you find it especially pleasing to your selfish desires, your Protestant theology is not the only theology on earth.

Location hidden

#472929 Aug 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And those who are assured GOD loves only them enjoy rubbing salt in the wounds of those they are assured that GOD doesn't love.
How can we tell that YOU are Protestant?
Religion is built on self-idolization and nothing more.
What the heck are you talking about..I am not protestant and no I do not ENJOY the fact that a Catholic Church is closing and my friend is upset about it....she is a devout Catholic and a good friend and practice's her faith not just talk about it.I respect her a lot.

Location hidden

#472930 Aug 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
According to your theology Jesus loved his father who reserved hell for misfits.
You don't seem to have any problem whatsoever following that same concept.
It is not up to me to judge nor have I ever said ANYONE would go to hell. That's not my right or my call. Its God!
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#472931 Aug 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
Whoever is out there,lurking with icons ..at least post ..
I doubt it's,anyone posting ..I could be wrong ..But you do this,all the time ..please,.
If you have an opinion state it ..don't hide
If all the icons for you were positive, would the people posting icons still bother you???

:)

I understand that when people disagree with what I post, they will slam the post with negative icons.

I'm just pleased that they are reading my posts that in turn irritate them, because maybe my words will plant a seed in their brains that theologians lied to them in order to attain a following.

Location hidden

#472932 Aug 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
So it's,only those with money joining the Church in droves,as we HSVE Been told on here ..the poor Catholics ..usually the mist faithful ..get to "eat cake " as th e it churches close ..they can't move to the suburbs,.
Poor Detroit ...
What's the use of having all that money in Rome if nit to support the poor CHURCHES.
But one church is in prime development areas ..worth lots to the Dioceses .
The people were trying to get it declared historical..But th a t don t keep the doors,open.
This happens in the Orthodox church also tho..it is a sign of hard times in general.Alot of churches are feeling the pain of loss membership due to the economy(sp)..sad but true
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#472933 Aug 25, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that, Foot-in-mouth...there are no two different Christianities, as yo say there is!!!!
There is one original and it's Catholic. Then came the Gnostics and countless other protestors.

The Catholics were the first to come up with the word Christian and the Jesus myth.

Ignatius was Catholic.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

An important milestone into development of Christian self-consciousness or Christian self-identity will be the emergence of the word "Christianity." This word appears for the first time in the writings of a church thinker of the early 2nd century of our era named Ignatius, who lived in Western Asia Minor, modern day Western Turkey

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows ...

Location hidden

#472934 Aug 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Within the Catholic theology Jesus "couldn't" run away. His father sent him to save only those who were Catholic.
The Catholics wrote it in the new testament and stated that the whole book was based on truth.
The faithful Jews are still waiting for the "messiah" to come for the first time, as THEY believe that Jesus was not the real messiah.
Even though you find it especially pleasing to your selfish desires, your Protestant theology is not the only theology on earth.
Jesus was sent to save US ALL even YOU June!!

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#472935 Aug 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you are not Protestant or Catholic, but you ARE Christian?
How funny.
What next?
Yeah, leave it to modern society to homogenize religion to fit it's bland tastes. Generic Christianity can be slid into any neighborhood without being noticed and the recruitment begins. Cookie Cutter Christianity. Very clever and sly..lol

Location hidden

#472936 Aug 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If all the icons for you were positive, would the people posting icons still bother you???
:)
I understand that when people disagree with what I post, they will slam the post with negative icons.
I'm just pleased that they are reading my posts that in turn irritate them, because maybe my words will plant a seed in their brains that theologians lied to them in order to attain a following.
you words plant nothing in the brains of a Christian.You only speak hatred
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#472937 Aug 25, 2013
How the Jesus Myth was created

This Awareness indicates that even the New Testament is assembled from patterns related to stories taken from earlier sources, such as Zoroastrian, Mithrain, Krishna, Buddhism, and Egyptian, and others, in which many verses are literally paraphrasing earlier writings, and many of the stories attributed to the story of Jesus, were lifted directly out of these other writings. The story of Jesus at the well, as one which was taken from earlier writings. This Awareness indicates that it is of importance that entities realize the origins of the Bible did not come from the pen of God, but came from the earlier writings in different cultures and nations at the time these Hebrew priests put this work together. This Awareness indicates that these countries who were plagiarized then became labeled as heathen,- nations whose philosophies were heathenistic, but this was only after their stories had been stolen.

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopoliti...
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#472938 Aug 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>you words plant nothing in the brains of a Christian.You only speak hatred
OH STOP IT!!!

Do YOU hate Muslims and Hindus because they don't belong to your system of belief???

Don't be so silly.

If you were raised as a Muslim, you would RIGHT NOW be preaching Islam.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#472939 Aug 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus was sent to save US ALL even YOU June!!
I am not a Protestant ... so I suggest you stop LYING!

You KNOW that you don't believe as an Atheist that I have even a slight hope of being saved.

Why must be so VERY dishonest???

WHY???

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#472940 Aug 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>This happens in the Orthodox church also tho..it is a sign of hard times in general.Alot of churches are feeling the pain of loss membership due to the economy(sp)..sad but true
Well my point was..why have a rich Rome at your head ..if not yo help out the,faithful .

I'm sure there are still special collections that go right to the VATICAN.

And the CC is rich ...at its head ..km sure that is,NOT how Christ envisioned it.

Our church herd fell on really hard times.
We met in the meeting hall And rented the Church
A los supported and housed a Haitian church .

Got merged with a home CHURCH later ..to make badly needed repairs .

If you love your congregation..You do what is needed

All the riches and money will.mean nothing when Jesus comes

If they lose souls ..I pray that won't happen..And I believe
If the souls have truly been saved ..they cannot be lost .

But what of those who because the Churches closed to make
up for lost Diocese money ...eh o now can't go go confession

Or take the Eucharist ..

Just wondering what the CC theology is in that .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Sat seemoregood 1
News The pope praised him for providing for his pare... Jul 19 Laredo 3
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Jul 19 Dhimmi Democrat 33
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 18 Married in 10,571
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Jul 16 True Christian wi... 77
News Editorial: The Vatican's Failure in the Abuse S... Jul 13 seemoregood 1
News In Defense of Free Speech in the United States (May '15) Jul 11 Muslim lives don_... 6
More from around the web