Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 703573 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#472908 Aug 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the theology Jesus did not sacrifice his self. Your loving god sent his son to BE sacrificed to teach us how to love each other ... of all the stupid nonsense.
He,was willingly sacrificing Himself ..He told His,followers,..he did not run away ..

That was His,purpose in Coming ..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#472909 Aug 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you understand what your saying. I think you see the word 'bank' attached to 'Vatican' and automatically assume its a corporate banking system such as a wells Fargo or US Bank...
And I have no idea what you're saying about the CC closing Churches 'out from under the faithful'.
I've never heard of such a thing.
Saint Johns in my hometown (in st Paul, MN ) closed its doors last month and upset a few parishioners.... But that's the reality. There were only a few left because of a change in demographics of the neighborhood. But Sacred Heart Church - less than 4 blocks away, is vibrant with a Hispanic congregation. So the Church didn't really 'pull Anything out from under the faithful'. They simply consolidated the two and utilized the Parish Priest and other resources to better handle the mission of spreading the Gospel.
It's all over the country Clay ..I saw several stories .
Excuse they have moving west with population..Not the poor people
The west here US the suburbs

They give excuses in all theses stories

All over ..Not just in Fla

http://www.google.com/search...

http://www.google.com/search...

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#472910 Aug 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
The evangelical movement needs to believe a series of lies to begin their religion. Like:
- The Apostles established a set of Books to be the sole source of authority on the Ministry of Jesus Christ. The 66 Books are all that's revealed, and it requires private interpretations by a 'born again' to decipher the truth.
- The Catholic Church - like all the Protestant and fundamental Christians - read those books and determined their dogma and doctrine based on what they privately interpreted.
-the Catholic Church became corrupted when Rome legalized Christianity, and the now ROMAN Catholic Church is the Harlot and Whore of Babylon.
I can't begin to tell you the logical problems with the above beliefs of the fundies. Why bother with a Christian religion if it relies on deceit and forced ignorance? Huh Confrint?
lol...I understand what he is saying....

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#472911 Aug 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Websters Dictionary doesn't get to define Christianity and neither do you.
Could it mean to be Christ Like? For each of us to live as Christ would have lived.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#472912 Aug 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
Whoever is out there,lurking with icons ..at least post ..
I doubt it's,anyone posting ..I could be wrong ..But you do this,all the time ..please,.
If you have an opinion state it ..don't hide
Rose don't let those icons bother you...chalk it up to a you know who? Check your email lol

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#472913 Aug 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you understand what your saying. I think you see the word 'bank' attached to 'Vatican' and automatically assume its a corporate banking system such as a wells Fargo or US Bank...
And I have no idea what you're saying about the CC closing Churches 'out from under the faithful'.
I've never heard of such a thing.
Saint Johns in my hometown (in st Paul, MN ) closed its doors last month and upset a few parishioners.... But that's the reality. There were only a few left because of a change in demographics of the neighborhood. But Sacred Heart Church - less than 4 blocks away, is vibrant with a Hispanic congregation. So the Church didn't really 'pull Anything out from under the faithful'. They simply consolidated the two and utilized the Parish Priest and other resources to better handle the mission of spreading the Gospel.
Hey Clay, the catholic church is closing a church in the next town over were our friend goes and she and the members in that church are pretty upset about it.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#472914 Aug 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all over the country Clay ..I saw several stories .
Excuse they have moving west with population..Not the poor people
The west here US the suburbs
They give excuses in all theses stories
All over ..Not just in Fla
http://www.google.com/search...
http://www.google.com/search...
Rose you are . They trueth is the catholic church has less members in these areas and these churches near to close and to consolidate.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#472915 Aug 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you are a sincere person, but you are not not an authority to define Scriptural teachings. This includes Baptism and being born again.
I wish you guys would just be content with experiencing the love of Christ at your revivals instead of trying to play individual popes.
The Blessed Apostles already explained the faith, we don't need every generation of fundies re-defining the word of God.
You and the rest of your Roman Catholic cronies are nothing more than a sanctimonious self-centered self-serving southbound end of a northbound horse. What comes out of the horse has far greater value than what spews out of your mouth. You and your kind would not know Jesus if he fell on you. You think He is a cracker!!!! Go back to your statue and mary worship and quit interrupting the REAL Christians on this forum with your mumbo jumbo.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#472916 Aug 25, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You and the rest of your Roman Catholic cronies are nothing more than a sanctimonious self-centered self-serving southbound end of a northbound horse. What comes out of the horse has far greater value than what spews out of your mouth. You and your kind would not know Jesus if he fell on you. You think He is a cracker!!!! Go back to your statue and mary worship and quit interrupting the REAL Christians on this forum with your mumbo jumbo.
Lol. Peace be with you Mr G.
LTM

Geraldton, Canada

#472917 Aug 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you give us a break and just cut to the chase by admitting that you believe the one and only god in the universe loves those in your religion ... and that HE has no time or patience for others?
That is what you would like us to believe ... isn't it?
June you are so off the mark, and so much in denial that you can't hear or see the truth, nor do you want to that is a fact.
Bitterness does that to people.
'GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD HE GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON TO DIE FOR THE SINS OF THE WORLD. people keep posting that one verse but we must read on to get the whole truth.
John 3:16 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

If you do not believe in God, you have tied His hands.
Without faith you will never please God.

And God will not move where there is no faith.
God didn't shut you out you shut God out.
Now your crying and want Him to do something.
You have not because you ask not, because if you asked it would be,
turning to God in faith believing in Him to move in your life and knocking down those walls rebellion.
You don't want to give God the satisfaction, what it really comes down to is your pride.
'REMEMBER PRIDE BEFORE A FALL, THE REASON SATAN WAS BOOTED OUT OF HEAVEN PRIDE SILLY STUPID PRIDE.
THIS IS WHO YOU SHOULD BE MAD AT.
Isaiah 14. 12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#472918 Aug 25, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
AMEN;Amen
You have created a theology in your brain that a God sent his son to be murdered ONLY so those of your religion could be saved.

You have sacrificed your brain to complete idiocy.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#472919 Aug 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Clay, the catholic church is closing a church in the next town over were our friend goes and she and the members in that church are pretty upset about it.
Well I would be upset too. It sucks that the Church has to close. But there aren't enough Priests right now in some cases. The fact is, you do not know why they are closing that particular Church. You're only speculating.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#472920 Aug 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. Peace be with you Mr G.
Now you KNOW very well that according to you, the one and only god doesn't want peace for humans unless they are Catholic. That's why he reserved hell for non-Catholics.

:)
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#472921 Aug 25, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
June you are so off the mark, and so much in denial that you can't hear or see the truth, nor do you want to that is a fact.
Bitterness does that to people.
'GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD HE GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON TO DIE FOR THE SINS OF THE WORLD. people keep posting that one verse but we must read on to get the whole truth.
John 3:16 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
If you do not believe in God, you have tied His hands.
Without faith you will never please God.
And God will not move where there is no faith.
God didn't shut you out you shut God out.
Now your crying and want Him to do something.
You have not because you ask not, because if you asked it would be,
turning to God in faith believing in Him to move in your life and knocking down those walls rebellion.
You don't want to give God the satisfaction, what it really comes down to is your pride.
'REMEMBER PRIDE BEFORE A FALL, THE REASON SATAN WAS BOOTED OUT OF HEAVEN PRIDE SILLY STUPID PRIDE.
THIS IS WHO YOU SHOULD BE MAD AT.
Isaiah 14. 12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;
Your theology IS ... "GOD loves only those in my religion, and I love him because he reserved all his love for ME.

And ... to hell with others!!!"

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#472922 Aug 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Clay, the catholic church is closing a church in the next town over were our friend goes and she and the members in that church are pretty upset about it.
And those who are assured GOD loves only them enjoy rubbing salt in the wounds of those they are assured that GOD doesn't love.

How can we tell that YOU are Protestant?

Religion is built on self-idolization and nothing more.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#472923 Aug 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Rose you are . They trueth is the catholic church has less members in these areas and these churches near to close and to consolidate.
So it's,only those with money joining the Church in droves,as we HSVE Been told on here ..the poor Catholics ..usually the mist faithful ..get to "eat cake " as th e it churches close ..they can't move to the suburbs,.

Poor Detroit ...

What's the use of having all that money in Rome if nit to support the poor CHURCHES.

But one church is in prime development areas ..worth lots to the Dioceses .

The people were trying to get it declared historical..But th a t don t keep the doors,open.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#472924 Aug 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Could it mean to be Christ Like? For each of us to live as Christ would have lived.
According to your theology Jesus loved his father who reserved hell for misfits.

You don't seem to have any problem whatsoever following that same concept.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#472925 Aug 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I would be upset too. It sucks that the Church has to close. But there aren't enough Priests right now in some cases. The fact is, you do not know why they are closing that particular Church. You're only speculating.
They are closing because the membership is way down and they can not afford to keep it open so they are merging this church with another Catholic Church.My friend is upset because this is a church she has been going to all her life and the other church is further away.
Oxbow

Westlake, LA

#472926 Aug 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Websters Dictionary doesn't get to define Christianity and neither do you.
I know that, Foot-in-mouth...there are no two different Christianities, as yo say there is!!!!
Oxbow

Westlake, LA

#472927 Aug 25, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You and the rest of your Roman Catholic cronies are nothing more than a sanctimonious self-centered self-serving southbound end of a northbound horse. What comes out of the horse has far greater value than what spews out of your mouth. You and your kind would not know Jesus if he fell on you. You think He is a cracker!!!! Go back to your statue and mary worship and quit interrupting the REAL Christians on this forum with your mumbo jumbo.
Amen!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Tells Bishops Not to Accept Gay Seminarians Jun 1 Fundie Sniffling 4
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) May 28 Apostolic of another 10,775
News Pope Francis reportedly tells gay man: 'God mad... May 25 The Lightbearer 9
News Pope to gay sex abuse victim: 'God loves you' May 25 RalphB 8
News God made you gay' pope tells victim of clergy s... May 22 Hahahlolahah 6
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) May '18 Serial deserters 54
News Alfie Evans' dad meets POPE to plead for asylum... Apr '18 C Kersey 1