Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 647042 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#472853 Aug 25, 2013
Every preacher on this thread tells others how they have to behave if they want love from the one and only god.

Yet they will all feign humility by claiming that only god knows who "he" loves and who he will reject.

Ridiculous blather.

Quesnel, Canada

#472854 Aug 25, 2013
If a deity created mosquitos, it's only fair that there is a mosquito heaven.

And by the way, because mosquitos don't offend the deity ... it's common sense that there will be NO mosquito hell.

Isn't that a wonderful "revelation."

Theology can be a lot of fun, if it's not taken to heart as serious "business."

Quesnel, Canada

#472855 Aug 25, 2013
Maybe we should study how souls of mosquitos leave their little bodies as they fly off to mosquito heaven.

It's only fair that for a change we take the focus of holiness off of humans and place it on mosquitos.

:)

Quesnel, Canada

#472856 Aug 25, 2013
I really hope that mosquitos go to the same heaven as humans who believe they are saved.

It would serve them RIGHT to scratch their self-righteous itchy souls for eternity.

I wonder if souls can BE itchy after they arrive in heaven?

OH WELL ... only the god that loves mosquitos knows the answer to that deep question.

truth

Success, Australia

#472857 Aug 25, 2013
Are you for sure Supreme God make us funny that we not worthy less then one mosquito?
Please don't pretend with your lips about precious creation from real Creator!

Quesnel, Canada

#472858 Aug 25, 2013
If you want entertainment ... I suggest you study how those in religion create their own theologies as they go merrily along their own ways.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Where Does the Soul Go After Death?(Paradise or Soul Sleep)?

By Dr. Richard P. Bucher

One of the questions that has confused and divided Christians over the years is,“Where does the soul go after death? Does the soul sleep and remain with the body until the final resurrection on the Last Day? Or does the soul leave the body at death, to be with the Lord in Paradise (if Christian), or to a place of punishment (non-Christian)? The Seventh Day Adventists, Jehovah’s Witnesses, and some evangelical Christians hold to the soul sleep view. Lutherans, Catholics, and most Protestants hold to the soul leaving the body view.

http://www.orlutheran.com/html/aftersoul.html

Quesnel, Canada

#472859 Aug 25, 2013
If you belong to a group of religious believers that practice reincarnation ... the soul keeps on travelling back and forth to earth, until ... whenever and wherever it completes its journey and becomes a master of "enlightenment."

Religion is mental BUNK.

Quesnel, Canada

#472860 Aug 25, 2013
truth wrote:
Are you for sure Supreme God make us funny that we not worthy less then one mosquito?
Please don't pretend with your lips about precious creation from real Creator!
Are you disturbed by the thought that a god might not place your worth as any more than the worth of a mosquito???

From my perspective, you "should" be disturbed by being so arrogant as to believe that humans are special.

Quesnel, Canada

#472861 Aug 25, 2013
It was because my conscience alerted me to the idea that no creator of moral character would put more worth on humans than on any other forms of life, that I finally left all religion behind to the theologians and their followers ... from where it first came.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#472862 Aug 25, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
The gospel report
I. The gospel is a report.
1. It is not a new report. It is that which was first heard by our first parents,
“Thou shalt bruise his head.”
It is the same which was received by the patriarchs and prophets, of whom it is said,
“These all died in faith.”
It is the same which began to be made by Christ, when in the fulness of time He brought life and immortality to light by the gospel.
Novelty is sometimes pleaded against the preachers of the gospel. There is, indeed, a sense in which it is new; its excellence can be known only by experience.
2. But, if it be not new, it is full of truth. Your attention might perhaps be excited by a report that is not true, as some of you may have been excited by the mimicry of the stage, or as others may have poured tears of sensibility over a romance. But all is truth, all is reality here.
3. But supposing it to be true, is it interesting?
Is this report an important one?
Yes,
it is as good as it is true, as true as it is good. There is something striking in the scheme of the gospel.
Infinite wisdom is displayed in it,
infinite grace is manifested in it;
it is infinitely glorious in its effects.
Drop it in a town, in a village, in a family, its influence will be soon felt.
It does more than all the wisdom of the senate—than all the maxims of philosophers—than all the power of armies.
II. This report is connected with faith. Else it is made in vain.
The complaint is,
“Who hath believed our report?”
I do not mean a family faith, for the exercise of which a man can assign no other reason than that his father believed so before him.
Nor do I mean a geographical faith, by which a man makes a profession of Christianity merely because he lives in a Christian country.
I speak of genuine faith. This is a Divine principle, and
it produces Divine effects.
It is of the operation of the Spirit, and
it is always accompanied by proper fruits.
Wherever the gospel report is carried,
it carries the obligation to believe it, for there is—
1. Sufficiency of object.
Christ,
who was “made sin for us, though He knew no sin,” and who is as willing as He is able, and as able as He is willing,“to save to the uttermost.”
2. A sufficiency of authority to warrant all that the sinner expects.
The Saviour came to seek and to save sinners.
And is not this your character?
3. A sufficiency of invitation.
The language of this report is,“Come.”
The Old Testament says “Come”—“Come, and
let us reason together,” etc.“
Ho, every one that thirsteth,” etc.
The Lord Jesus Christ says,
“Come”—“
If any man thirst, let him come to Me and drink”—
“Come unto Me, all that labour,” etc.
“And the Spirit and the Bride say, Come,” etc.(W. Mann, A.M.)
~~~~
Man’s treatment of the gospel
I. This quotation is regarded by Dean Vaughan as the citing of a parallel case.“The gospel is sent to all; but”(it may be objected
Truth!
marge

Leesburg, GA

#472863 Aug 25, 2013
Welcome brother Gtown71 to the True Church board!

Quesnel, Canada

#472864 Aug 25, 2013
From my perspective humans, as do all other animals, have the killer instinct.

We can pretend that we are holy ... but that is silly, as history proves otherwise.

The news every day depicts the real human nature.

Killing among humans is common and natural.

It's not the evil lure of a devil that moves humans to kill each other. It is human nature to defend one's self, even often from one's own members of family.

Quesnel, Canada

#472865 Aug 25, 2013
The home-life is the most dangerous life of all for many humans.

More stress means more murder.

Parents will kill their own children and each other if emotions boil over to an uncontrollable degree.

And it happens in homes where the families have been taught that to pray together means to stay together.

Religion does not make homes a safe place to be, and that is the truth of the matter.

Many people of religion will stay in homes to save face with peers and family ... until one day emotions explode and murder is the result.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#472866 Aug 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you are a sincere person, but you are not not an authority to define Scriptural teachings. This includes Baptism and being born again.
I wish you guys would just be content with experiencing the love of Christ at your revivals instead of trying to play individual popes.
The Blessed Apostles already explained the faith, we don't need every generation of fundies re-defining the word of God.
But you guys,are,here telling us,how,wrong WE ARE ..

What I don't understand is,the whole premise of the forum.

The,purpose of VATICAN 2 was to show that the way to Christ did NOT
SOLELY reside with the CATHOLIC CHURCH .

another pope called our dead Christians,martyrs for the Lord ...

So that's,why we are a Here..instead of explodong our similaaities

You folks,tell us we are not really Christian ..

We tell you we don't believe the Pope is our mediatir to the will of Jesus,

An impasst

And we will both continue go worship in our own way .

I know many faithful Catholics ..a lady at Church made some kind if prayer bracelit ..gave it to the priest .. he blessed it ..But it was for him...
She probably goes to mass every day

But even you all should admit PETER ..would never have Accepted people bowing to Him..kissing His ring .. he would not have a throne chair
Unless it was given Him at Jesus return .

Your new,POPE and John Paul ..humble men ..And,John Paul tried for peace among us .

But they are only human

Who is,first will be last ..That was JESUS,teaching ..

Though I grew up under the CC teaching ...I really wonder what Jesus,would say about the VATICAN and its bank.

For that matter about megachurches..with rich pastors

Jesus did NOT SAY ..collect money and use it to build monuments to Me .Jesus,definitely did NOT say ..PETER I give you my church ..so your successors,will be treated as kings,.

Amass wealth and buy real estate ??

Then sell off the churches the poor attend if the diocese need a th e money ?? Leaving the poor people without a local church to depend on .

Let them ride busses to the next county if they want to hear Mass in their own language ...if the h e bus,fare ..That is.
These kind of things make me have doubtso about how the
CC hierarehy puts Faith into practice .

The people in your churches,love GOD .

And Sorry but I am as Qualifed as any one else to read about being
BORN again..to be baptized ..to know,what BORN AGAIN means,through God's,merciful Grace towards, me .

THAT clay is between every individual and,Jesus Christ OUR SAVIOUR

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#472867 Aug 25, 2013
marge wrote:
Welcome brother Gtown71 to the True Church board!
Hey Marge Good morning

Quesnel, Canada

#472868 Aug 25, 2013
Former Texas Pastor Convicted of Killing Wife

Matt Baker, 38, faces up to life in prison for drugging and suffocating his wife, Kari, then faking her suicide note in 2006. Jurors deliberated more than seven hours before finding him guilty late Wednesday.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/2010/01/21/forme...

Quesnel, Canada

#472869 Aug 25, 2013
Many members of clergy have killed spouses in hopes of getting away with murder. They didn't want to lose their positions as well-respected leaders of their congregations, or lose their incomes, but they wanted other women or men as their partners, and so they thought murder was the best plan of action.

You can pump religion into the minds of humans ... but you can't take human nature out of self-centered humans.

The well-respected Rabbi Fred Neulander is a prime example.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Rabbi Fred Neulander convicted of murder
His son calls him a sociopath

The rabbi’s women

Rabbi Fred Neulander founded M’kor Shalom, a Reform synagogue in affluent Cherry Hill, in 1974. Twenty years later, more than 900 families belonged. It was the largest Jewish temple in South Jersey. Charming and charismatic, Neulander won people over by the force of his personality.

http://www.lovefraud.com/true-lovefraud-stori...

Quesnel, Canada

#472870 Aug 25, 2013
If a preacher tries to impress upon you that religion made him/her a holy servant of a god ... I suggest you walk away.

If you study religion from the outside in ... you will realize that talk is cheap and that when it pertains to religion ... words are best sellers.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#472871 Aug 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And according to you, the rest are "evil?"
Never said that at all June .

And a word Smith such as yourself knows,That .

Most people here are nice

debating does not make one evil.

Some thoughts posted on here are evil in nature .

Your Religion of disbelief ..I honestly do not know where it comes,from. Sometimes you sound like you are trying to convince
Yourself that God doesn't exist for personal reasons,

I pray in Jesus,name that any evil influences on ANY ONE posting here be gone .

Some of us,allow,anger to influence us,.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#472872 Aug 25, 2013
Silly wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a silly nationalist who practices a false religion, nothing more.
If by that you mean I love my country and believe we should continue
To ally with God's,Chosen ISRAEL .

yes ..That dies not make me silly

At worst practical ..at best we are doing God's will

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 3 hr Im Free 10,167
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... 16 hr South Knox Hombre 7
News Nation-Now 57 mins ago 10:35 a.m.Pope Francis s... Jun 27 Rev Cash Dollar 1
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May '16 Gods r Delusions ... 4
More from around the web