Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
456,081 - 456,100 of 537,266 Comments Last updated 5 min ago
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand you. Sometimes you're a literal word for word sola scripturist... And sometimes you're not.
Above you take the word 'knew' and conform it with the Christianity you want.
But, "Faith apart works is dead; you are Peter and upon this Rock; I will give you the keys; this is my body"
What you got going on Chucky, is a smorgasbord buffet brand of Christianity.
I also think its reckless that you'd take a word from Genesis and apply to the gospel of Matthew- written thousands of yrs later. But hey bro, your hands are washed, since Jesus clearly willed for his religion to go by a future word for word Bible.
You're a clown.
And you never addressed my post. Just jibberish as usual.

Lets take one step at a time. That way I understand what it means.

Gen 4:4 Now Adam KNEW Eve his wife, and she conceived and bore Cain.

#1 - what does the word KNEW mean in this verse?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you said the word "until" wasn't in question and "knew" was the operative word. Leave out the word "until" and the verse clearly says "he knew her not". My previous statement stands... "until" has a different biblical usage compared to contemporary English.
And you would also have a problem with the teaching of all protestant Christians until 100 yers ago because they all believed as the Catholic Church does. Thanks.
Like your twin dodge brother Clay please help me understand what the what KNEW means in these verses...thanks

Gen 4:4 Now Adam KNEW Eve his wife, and she conceived and bore Cain

1 Samuel 1:19
They rose early in the morning and worshiped before the Lord; then they went back to their house at Ramah. And Elkanah KNEW Hannah his wife, and the Lord remembered her.
1 Kings 1:4
The young woman was very beautiful, and she was of service to the king and attended to him, but the king KNEW her not.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Many people of religion who continue to lie to their selves spend nights struggling with their consciences.

Days aren't such a struggle, as there are many other issues of which to occupy the mind.

But the nights ... OH THOSE NIGHTS ... they can be SO LONG ... as the conscience demands its dues.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

Chuck, this is what Clay took offense to and So do I.

[Mary parted her legs like any other married woman.]

the filthy words of Oxbore NEED to STOP.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

One of the questions that come to haunt in the night might be ... "Why because I belong to this religion would a god place blessings on me?"

I hope that question haunts you tonight when you are trying to sleep ... as if it keeps bothering you ... you might eventually address the issue "head on" and say to your selves ... "THIS is stupid, and I won't believe it any more."

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

bless

/bles/

Verb

1.(of a priest) Pronounce words in a religious rite, to confer or invoke divine favor upon.
2.Consecrate (something) by a religious rite, action, or spoken formula.

https://www.google.ca/#fp=656bbc446725094f&am...
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

curse

/k&#601;rs/

Noun

A solemn utterance to invoke a supernatural power to inflict harm or punishment on someone or something.

Verb

Invoke or use a curse against: "the family had been cursed".

https://www.google.ca/#fp=656bbc446725094f&am...

Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
agreed.

What church does Ox attend?

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Here is how religion divides families.

"If you belong to OUR religion you are blessed. But if you have the misfortune of belonging to another religion, you are cursed."
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
Thank you Preston. You're the only one who stands up and says something when Christians use vile language.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
And you never addressed my post. Just jibberish as usual.
Lets take one step at a time. That way I understand what it means.
I did address it. I told you how reckless it was. I also showed how you're a fraud when it comes to word for word literal Biblical interpretations.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Because they put faith in the stupid religious dogmas of other people, homosexuals often committed suicide.

I suggest that homosexuals put a stop to this stupidity.

The crimes committed by those preaching religion as being based on truth from gods MUST be stopped by humans who say "Enough is too much." We will not jump to the words of theologians any more, as they have done far more than enough damage."

If you don't stop believing their words, they won't stop peddling the words, as that is HOW theologians make their livings.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I did address it. I told you how reckless it was. I also showed how you're a fraud when it comes to word for word literal Biblical interpretations.
again here is my question and you didn't answer..

**I'm asking what you think the word KNEW means in the text.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
So then....you cannot show me show me my lies, distortions, and deceit in:
Step 1.
denomination: A large group of religious congregations united under a common faith and name and organized under a single administrative and legal hierarchy.
Step 2.
The Roman Catholic church is a denomination of the Christian faith. Christ built not any...none...zilch denominations...He built His church.
These "bogus" anti-catholic definitions that you "scrape up" are nothing more than a bunch of 21st century "modernistic" opinionated twisted" BS that is perverted to fit your Protestant "self-created Church History Propaganda. That is why for over 2000 years of the recorded and authenticated TRUTH of TRUE Church History, the One TRUE Catholic Church established by Jesus Christ HIMSELF has survived heretics, bigots and hypocritical "hack opinions" like YOURS that "continue" to miserable "fail" in their attempts to undermine the TRUE Interpretation of the Bible regards to: Matthew 16:13-21 Jesus' Only TRUE (Universal-Catholic Church)
Acts 2 a heirachical, authoritative, visible Church with
Bishops, Priests, Elders and Deacons
I Timothy 3:15 when Paul (clearly) says "The Church (not the bible alone) is the Pillar, Pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH
John 6:47-59 Where Jesus (clearly) defines HIS TRUE BODY and TRUE BLOOD in the Eucharist (the Real of presence of Jesus HIMSELF
YOU --OX--- are in "total denial" regarding ANY TRUE BIBLICAL and HISTORICAL TRUTH "by using your OWN personal opinions" (DISTORTING, LYING AND DECEIVING) yourself and others of the recorded biblical and historical TRUTH of the Words of Jesus, the words of Paul and the PROVEN and VERIFIABLE TRUTH of TRUE Apostolic Church Historian authors and writers "both Catholic and Protestant!!!!!!!as your vindictive, beligerent (anti-catholic) Pride and ego continue to "BLIND YOU TO THE TRUTH"!!!! You are fooling NO ONE but yourself!!!!!!
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I did address it.
this was your post:

Clay said... I don't understand you. Sometimes you're a literal word for word sola scripturist... And sometimes you're not.
Above you take the word 'knew' and conform it with the Christianity you want.

But, "Faith apart works is dead; you are Peter and upon this Rock; I will give you the keys; this is my body"

What you got going on Chucky, is a smorgasbord buffet brand of Christianity.

I also think its reckless that you'd take a word from Genesis and apply to the gospel of Matthew- written thousands of yrs later. But hey bro, your hands are washed, since Jesus clearly willed for his religion to go by a future word for word Bible.

You're a clown.

**So which part is your definition of the word KNEW in Gen 4????

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
Yet you people don't mind telling others that they will go to hell if they don't believe as you believe ... and you don't perceive THAT as an insult.

Yours is a one-way street, and the way according to you has to be YOUR way.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
It makes,no difference to salvation .
However ..Mary was a very devout Jewess..Joseph was told to take her to wife .
They were both obedient to Jewish law .
They had children ..Jesus,had brothers,and sisters ..That IS in scripture
God planned those children ..one of which was the leader of the CHURCH in Jerusalem .
We can all ask James who his parents were in heaven ..should
we still be concerned
Imo
I suggest you look at why we believe what we believe about the Blessed Virgin.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>

You believe that other messiahs are bunk and Jesus is real ... only because you are determined that Catholics will be saved and all others deserve to go to hell.
Wrong again--June--but then, you NEVER seem to "get it right"!
There is "no assurance of ANYONES" SALVATION,(ESPECIALLY not the Protestants ONCE Saved, Always Saved (rif-raf).....It is only by the Grace of God as HE HIMSELF is the "final authoritative JUDGE, and as Paul tells us in Phil 2:12 "work out your salvation, with trembling and fear"!!!...When will you "get it right" June??? So far you have been 100% every time!!! ALWAYS WRONG!!!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Like your twin dodge brother Clay please help me understand what the what KNEW means in these verses...thanks
Gen 4:4 Now Adam KNEW Eve his wife, and she conceived and bore Cain
1 Samuel 1:19
They rose early in the morning and worshiped before the Lord; then they went back to their house at Ramah. And Elkanah KNEW Hannah his wife, and the Lord remembered her.
1 Kings 1:4
The young woman was very beautiful, and she was of service to the king and attended to him, but the king KNEW her not.
I know what "knew" means, and the verse says "he knew her not". Thanks.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a clown.
A theological clown, as are you?

:)
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
Chuck's not offended by it, he fully endorses it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••