Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Jul 10, 2007 Read more: CBC News 582,496
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#472534 Aug 23, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~
ALL THE STUBBORNNESS OF AN OX...
ALWAYS CONTROVERSIAL...
YOU ARE
2Ti_3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
Joe 2:28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and
==> your daughters shall prophesy,
your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
Joe 2:29 And also upon the servants and
==> upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.
Act 2:16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
Act 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and
==>your daughters shall prophesy,
and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
Act 2:18 And on my servants and
==>on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
~~~
Rom_16:1
I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a -->servant<-- of the church which is at Cenchrea:
SERVANT DEFINED IN GREEK AS USED IN ROMANS 16:1
-->SERVANT<--
G1249
&#948;&#953;&#945; &#769;&#954;&#959; &#957;&#959;&#962;
diakonos
dee-ak'-on-os
Probably from &#948;&#953;&#945; &#769;&#954;&#969; diako&#772; (obsolete, to run on errands; compare G1377); an attendant, that is,(generally) a waiter (at table or in other menial duties); specifically a Christian teacher and pastor (technically a deacon or deaconess):- deacon, minister, servant.
Rom_16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen. Written to the Romans from Corinthus, and
-->sent by Phebe servant of the church at Cenchrea.<--
1Co 14:35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

SBC
VI. The Church

A New Testament church of the Lord Jesus Christ is an autonomous local congregation of baptized believers, associated by covenant in the faith and fellowship of the gospel; observing the two ordinances of Christ, governed by His laws, exercising the gifts, rights, and privileges invested in them by His Word, and seeking to extend the gospel to the ends of the earth. Each congregation operates under the Lordship of Christ through democratic processes. In such a congregation each member is responsible and accountable to Christ as Lord. Its scriptural officers are pastors and deacons. While both men and women are gifted for service in the church, the office of pastor is limited to men as qualified by Scripture.

The New Testament speaks also of the church as the Body of Christ which includes all of the redeemed of all the ages, believers from every tribe, and tongue, and people, and nation.

Matthew 16:15-19; 18:15-20; Acts 2:41-42,47; 5:11-14; 6:3-6; 13:1-3; 14:23,27; 15:1-30; 16:5; 20:28; Romans 1:7; 1 Corinthians 1:2; 3:16; 5:4-5; 7:17; 9:13-14; 12; Ephesians 1:22-23; 2:19-22; 3:8-11,21; 5:22-32; Philippians 1:1; Colossians 1:18; 1 Timothy 2:9-14; 3:1-15; 4:14; Hebrews 11:39-40; 1 Peter 5:1-4; Revelation 2-3; 21:2-3.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#472535 Aug 23, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
not until Jesus was born. So after Jesus was born they had sex just like ever other married couple.
Not sure why catholics think Mary and Joseph having sex is such a bad thing.
1 Samuel 1:19
They rose early in the morning and worshiped before the Lord; then they went back to their house at Ramah. And Elkanah KNEW Hannah his wife, and the Lord remembered her.
1 Kings 1:4
The young woman was very beautiful, and she was of service to the king and attended to him, but the king KNEW her not.
**unlike catholic teaching, the word KNEW is crystal clear to what it means. Joseph did not have sex with Mary until after Jesus was born. This isn't a bad thing Tony. The only bad thing here is your church's teaching on Mary being a virgin her whole life.
Well, you said the word "until" wasn't in question and "knew" was the operative word. Leave out the word "until" and the verse clearly says "he knew her not". My previous statement stands... "until" has a different biblical usage compared to contemporary English.

And you would also have a problem with the teaching of all protestant Christians until 100 yers ago because they all believed as the Catholic Church does. Thanks.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#472536 Aug 23, 2013
It's common sense that when Christians say "God bless you ... they can manipulate the loving half of Jehovah to comply with their own will.

They know that (according to theology) their is an evil side to Jehovah ... but also that it isn't polite to say "God curse you" to those who offend their own religious dogmas.

So instead the religious ones have learned to WARN others of the impending evil by making statements such as "If you don't believe the correct way, which is my way ... you will go to hell."

That is the POLITE way of putting a curse on others.

It's important to be politically correct these day.

The holy ones in Christianity no longer use the terminology "God curses you!"

Aren't they considerate though???

:)

Prince George, Canada

#472537 Aug 23, 2013
Now ya see ... Gerald Gardner "The father of Wicca" didn't care to be politically correct, as he made it clear that with her nasty impulses, the goddess curses homosexuals.

There was something to be said for such honesty, even though his honesty was based on the usual brand of utter religious stupidity.

Location hidden

#472538 Aug 23, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I/we have ALL shown you to be distorting the TRUTH, lies and deceit, over and over and over again, AND YET, as Jesus said in the Gospel of Matthew 23:16 "Woe to you blind guides"
You, Ox, have been told the TRUTH over and over and over again of the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ, the TRUE Interpretation of Sacred Scripture and the TRUTH of over 2000 years of TRUE Apostolic Church History and Our Lords One TRUE (Universal-Catholic) Church, and YET by your own pride, ego and beligerent anti-catholic vindictiveness----YOUR BLINDNESS REMAINS!!!!!
So then....you cannot show me show me my lies, distortions, and deceit in:
Step 1.
denomination: A large group of religious congregations united under a common faith and name and organized under a single administrative and legal hierarchy.

Step 2.
The Roman Catholic church is a denomination of the Christian faith. Christ built not any...none...zilch denominations...He built His church.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#472539 Aug 23, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you ARE foolish!
AGAIN you ignore the scripture that states in plain language that Jehovah CREATED evil!
Jehovah (according to the scripture in the old testament) was/is the one and only god in the universe.
Then Catholics created Jesus and their new religion from the data of the old testament.
If Jesus (according to the Catholics who compiled the data in the new testament) was the son of that one and only god that created evil ... then you know that Jesus was/is one quarter evil, as his father Jehovah would be one half evil.
Now I suggest you stop being foolish by creating your own theology that the one god and his son Jesus are full to their invisible brims with love ... as that (within the theology) is a LIE!!!
June,

Just because,you have erected some argument to convince yourself

Of whatever current belief you choose to argue ..dies nit make what we believe untrue

However if you believe in Jehovah as the Creator ..that's something

Pray to Him to show you the truth .

In Jesus,name I pray you have Peace

In Jehovah's,name grant you wisdom

Location hidden

#472540 Aug 23, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You are one of the most vile sick human beings I've ever encountered. You are so far removed from Christianity that its difficult to identify the religion you preach.
Having said that, its still amusing watching you prove the catastrophe of sola scripture to you and your evangelical cohorts.
.. Mary is my spiritual Mother. I love her and respect her just like Our Lord Jesus Christ did. You do not understand the Bible. You do not understand what the Ark of the covenant that bore forth the word of God made flesh is. That most Holy Ark is Mary. Your twisted mind believes Joseph - a devout obedient Jew - would think its ok to have sex with this Holiest of Arks. This is why earlier Christians - who were also Jews- immediately realized that Mary was an untouchable Holy Ark.
You should also realize your words above greatly offend Jesus Christ as they would ANY of us, if someone spoke in that manner about our Moms.
Get help Ox.
Your regurgitated swill changes not the truth..Mary parted her legs like any other married woman...she gave birth to several children after Joseph took her to wife...per Scripture...

She said she was nothing but the lowly handmaiden of the Lord...she was a sinner like the rest of humanity...she was thankful for her Savior...

Prince George, Canada

#472541 Aug 23, 2013
Thomas Jefferson also wanted to use his Christian philosophy against homosexuals. But his terminology was tactful in the sense that he never stated homosexuals were cursed by the god, as that would have been an insult to the god. A good god doesn't put curses on his own images, which just happen to be human animals.

So Christians work their ways around the issue, by insinuating that the devil and hell simply exist APART from the loving god, and that souls that offend the loving god land in hell by their own choices.

The believers created/create lies and are more than content to dwell in the lies ... all for the LUST of that one word ... SALVATION.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

In 1779, Thomas Jefferson proposed a law that would mandate castration for gay men and mutilation of nose cartilage for gay women. But that's not the scary part. Here's the scary part: Jefferson was considered a liberal. At the time, the most common penalty on the books was death.

http://civilliberty.about.com/od/gendersexual ...

Location hidden

#472542 Aug 23, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
God bless you Ox
I have no idea,why you question everyone's,faith .
Or want their testimony
That is between us,and Jesus.
Though I have posted on it before but I really ..do not need to prove
It to you ..nor does anyone else .
Peace
Thank you for proving my words to be 110% true...

Prince George, Canada

#472543 Aug 23, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
June,
Just because,you have erected some argument to convince yourself
Of whatever current belief you choose to argue ..dies nit make what we believe untrue
However if you believe in Jehovah as the Creator ..that's something
Pray to Him to show you the truth .
In Jesus,name I pray you have Peace
In Jehovah's,name grant you wisdom
For the lust of that word "salvation" you can keep on and on lying to your self ... as it is your choice.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Isaiah 4:5

Darby Bible Translation
forming the light and creating darkness, making peace and creating evil: I, Jehovah, do all these things.

English Revised Version
I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil; I am the LORD, that doeth all these things.

World English Bible
I form the light, and create darkness. I make peace, and create calamity. I am Yahweh, who does all these things.

Location hidden

#472544 Aug 23, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
It has been shown a hundred times that the biblical use of "until" does not necessarily suggest the action occured afterwards.
Tell me what this means: Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:

Prince George, Canada

#472545 Aug 23, 2013
It's as plain as the nose on Christian "faces" that (within the theology) the one god of the Jews intended on placing curses on those who did not follow his commands.

The men of Judaism "wrote the words" to place fear in the hearts of their own followers.

They didn't intend for ex-Jew Catholics, Muslims and Protestants to spin the religion off in yet other directions.
Clay

United States

#472546 Aug 23, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Gen 4:4 Now Adam KNEW Eve his wife, and she conceived and bore Cain
Matt 1:24 When Joseph woke from sleep, he did as the angel of the Lord commanded him: he took his wife, 25 but KNEW her not until she had given birth to a son. And he called his name Jesus.
**if you notice the word KNEW...you're an adult, what's going on here Clay?
I don't understand you. Sometimes you're a literal word for word sola scripturist... And sometimes you're not.
Above you take the word 'knew' and conform it with the Christianity you want.

But, "Faith apart works is dead; you are Peter and upon this Rock; I will give you the keys; this is my body"

What you got going on Chucky, is a smorgasbord buffet brand of Christianity.

I also think its reckless that you'd take a word from Genesis and apply to the gospel of Matthew- written thousands of yrs later. But hey bro, your hands are washed, since Jesus clearly willed for his religion to go by a future word for word Bible.

You're a clown.

Prince George, Canada

#472547 Aug 23, 2013
Christian ... "The god of MY worship would NEVER put a curse on his own souls. It just wouldn't happen ... as he is filled with love for his human souls."

"But why would the god create evil?"

Christian ... "We ignore that scripture, as it probably wasn't based on truth ... OR it means something other that what the words indicate. We were taught and therefore we all KNOW that some humans choose to be evil. That is enough to fill our coffers of TRUTH! Heaven for those who are HOLY and hell for those who are evil. WE choose to be HOLY and others choose to be evil. AMEN and AMEN! HALLELUJAH!!!"

Prince George, Canada

#472548 Aug 23, 2013

"Hallelujah"

I've heard there was a secret chord
That David played, and it pleased the Lord
But you don't really care for music, do you?
It goes like this
The fourth, the fifth
The minor fall, the major lift
The baffled king composing Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah

Your faith was strong but you needed proof
You saw her bathing on the roof
Her beauty in the moonlight overthrew you
She tied you to a kitchen chair
She broke your throne, and she cut your hair
And from your lips she drew the Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah

Baby I have been here before
I know this room, I've walked this floor
I used to live alone before I knew you.
I've seen your flag on the marble arch
Love is not a victory march
It's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah

There was a time when you let me know
What's really going on below
But now you never show it to me, do you?
And remember when I moved in you
The holy dove was moving too
And every breath we drew was Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah

Maybe thereís a God above
But all Iíve ever learned from love
Was how to shoot at someone who outdrew you
Itís not a cry you can hear at night
Itís not somebody who has seen the light
Itís a cold and itís a broken Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah

You say I took the name in vain
I don't even know the name
But if I did, well, really, what's it to you?
There's a blaze of light in every word
It doesn't matter which you heard
The holy or the broken Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah

I did my best, it wasn't much
I couldn't feel, so I tried to touch
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you
And even though it all went wrong
I'll stand before the Lord of Song
With nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah

Prince George, Canada

#472549 Aug 23, 2013
White came to symbolize purity and holiness.

Black came to symbolize evil.

The theologians "SAW" to it.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

From the bookóBlack Manís Burden, by John Oliver Killens.

The western world deliberately made black the symbol of all that was evil and ugly. Black Friday, Blacklist, Black plague, black look, Blackmail.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#472550 Aug 23, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you said the word "until" wasn't in question and "knew" was the operative word. Leave out the word "until" and the verse clearly says "he knew her not". My previous statement stands... "until" has a different biblical usage compared to contemporary English.
And you would also have a problem with the teaching of all protestant Christians until 100 yers ago because they all believed as the Catholic Church does. Thanks.
It makes,no difference to salvation .

However ..Mary was a very devout Jewess..Joseph was told to take her to wife .

They were both obedient to Jewish law .

They had children ..Jesus,had brothers,and sisters ..That IS in scripture

God planned those children ..one of which was the leader of the CHURCH in Jerusalem .

We can all ask James who his parents were in heaven ..should
we still be concerned

Imo
Clay

United States

#472551 Aug 23, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Your regurgitated swill changes not the truth..Mary parted her legs like any other married woman...she gave birth to several children after Joseph took her to wife...per Scripture...
She said she was nothing but the lowly handmaiden of the Lord...she was a sinner like the rest of humanity...she was thankful for her Savior...
What's going on here is you're getting a cheap thrill by attempting to get under our skin. Sorry man, its not going to happen with me. I truly look with pity on you. You can call Jesus' Mother whatever you want. It doesn't directly affect me. It makes me sad, but not for me, for you!

Maybe you and Chuck could go play with the Mormons Bible. You two born agains couldn't be further apart in Christian theology. Obviously our Bible is not helping yous understand what Our Lord willed.

Prince George, Canada

#472552 Aug 23, 2013
My guess is that all humans evolved from the blacks in Africa, who in turn evolved from ape-like species.

It's quite possible that the white race evolved from off the black "tree."

That thought brings a tear of gratefulness to my eyes, even though my skin is as light as to almost be see-through.

How about you???

:)

Prince George, Canada

#472553 Aug 23, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
It makes,no difference to salvation .
Imo
Since when did you start adding Imo to your posts?

Are you getting a bit "shaky" about preaching what Jehovah expects of those who are not following Judaism as the Jews expected of others when they compiled the data in the old testament?

I suggest you be careful of the lies you preach at others ... as those lies might come back in the middle of your nights HAUNT you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Turkish Leaders Invoke Crusades, Inquisition in... 35 min SpaceBlues 22
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... 52 min Erkek Turk 17
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 4 hr THROW AWAY WORD O... 84,034
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 14 hr Mr Sir 9,174
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) Thu ELIAS IBARRA 51
News Pope calls Armenian slaughter '1st genocide of ... Apr 15 SpaceBlues 3
News Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... Apr 14 ELIAS IBARRA 6
More from around the web