Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,573
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
truth

Perth, Australia

#472518 Aug 23, 2013
'i know for your power..door for you will be open'

dear God
please tell me
who can open that door..
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#472519 Aug 23, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Gen 4:4 Now Adam KNEW Eve his wife, and she conceived and bore Cain
Matt 1:24 When Joseph woke from sleep, he did as the angel of the Lord commanded him: he took his wife, 25 but KNEW her not until she had given birth to a son. And he called his name Jesus.
**if you notice the word KNEW...you're an adult, what's going on here Clay?
It has been shown a hundred times that the biblical use of "until" does not necessarily suggest the action occured afterwards.
truth

Perth, Australia

#472520 Aug 23, 2013
please
dear god
did you find..mind..as you looking tiny nerve in mind system as neurons..did you find that finger prints as you see soul of someone..long fingers..its code..that you can't imagen that..

Dear God
What they say?
-its exist who can destroy body but soul too.
truth

Perth, Australia

#472521 Aug 23, 2013
i told you
its parallel universe exist
i told you many in within system

i told you as in within..

i asked you about magnet field in within ..
i told you..
its can be drove as exact how i see what sustain entire system universal as well how..

dear God

Is that possible who sustain and keep under loving power everything?

cosmos is very big words..

Are you sure i am wrong?

Who touch my mind?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#472522 Aug 23, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
It has been shown a hundred times that the biblical use of "until" does not necessarily suggest the action occured afterwards.
"until" is not in question but the word "knew"....thanks

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#472523 Aug 23, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
God places no demands upon any one...
As fara as WE know - we really don't know.
You are speculating - based upon what other men have told you to believe.
<quoted text>
YOU EITHER ACCEPT HIM...OR REJECT HIM...
Self.
<quoted text>
God sends no one to hell
Again, you don't know this. IMO - no one goes to "hell".
<quoted text>
MAN HAS THE OPTION...
to decide his own fate..
Self. No "God" or religion required to achieve salvation.
<quoted text>
God did all he was going to do..AT CALVARY'S CROSS..
HE GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON TO DIE IN OUR PLACE..
Jesus supposedly died, not "God".
Please stop misleading people with a false dogma.
<quoted text>
WE EITHER TURN TO HIM,
and accept God's sacrifice...
or face the consequence of our decision..
Self.
BTW - you are repeating yourself.
<quoted text>
WHICH IS ETERNAL SEPARATION FROM HIM IN HELL.
IT IS A VERY SIMPLE DECISION..
ONE EITHER TURNS OR BURNS...
Once again, making up things to scare people is jsut another tactic that so-called "Christians" like to use. I wonder how you will react when I tell you:
- You better studt and learn all of what Jesus taught or you will be sitting in a place that is separate from Jesus and "God" awaiting your turn to explain why.

<<continued>>

Albuquerque, NM

#472524 Aug 23, 2013
<<continued>>
<quoted text>
JESUS SAID...
Mar_16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Joh_3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Joh_3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Joh_3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
Joh_5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
Joh_6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
Joh_6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
----------
Jesus says alot of things. Why don't you believe alot of it?
<quoted text>
THE ABOVE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH
PETER
MARY
THOMAS
MATTHEW
MARK
LUKE
JOHN
PAUL....OR A POPE
DENOMINATIONS, NOR INDEPENDENT CHURCHES..
THEIR BLOOD IS OF NO CONSEQUENCE..
ONLY THE BLOOD OF JESUS...
Eph_2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
Heb_10:19 Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,
Heb_12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.
Heb_13:20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,
1Pe_1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
1Jn_1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
Rev_1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
And this has nothing to do with the forum.
Imagine that.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#472525 Aug 23, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
"until" is not in question but the word "knew"....thanks
Ok, he "knew her not", meaning he didn't have relations with her. Thanks.

Albuquerque, NM

#472526 Aug 23, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
God bless you Ox
I have no idea,why you question everyone's,faith .
Or want their testimony
That is between us,and Jesus.
Though I have posted on it before but I really ..do not need to prove
It to you ..nor does anyone else .
Peace
If this is your statement, then don't claim you believe in all of what Jesus taught, or that you follow his teachings.

Because in truth, you don't.
truth

Perth, Australia

#472527 Aug 23, 2013
no
i am for sure..you reversing back everything..
yes

now

its stay as you see system
within system which exist as magnet field..
its sustain universe up to universe
galaxy..many

Did you ever see complex cell?

everything can stay as child marble

Why i am wrong?
What touch my mind?
Why i drove that very fast?

n

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#472528 Aug 23, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
June,why would Ivwaste my time here posting a lie..it would
be foolish
Because you ARE foolish!

AGAIN you ignore the scripture that states in plain language that Jehovah CREATED evil!

Jehovah (according to the scripture in the old testament) was/is the one and only god in the universe.

Then Catholics created Jesus and their new religion from the data of the old testament.

If Jesus (according to the Catholics who compiled the data in the new testament) was the son of that one and only god that created evil ... then you know that Jesus was/is one quarter evil, as his father Jehovah would be one half evil.

Now I suggest you stop being foolish by creating your own theology that the one god and his son Jesus are full to their invisible brims with love ... as that (within the theology) is a LIE!!!

Prince George, Canada

#472529 Aug 23, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
"Your choice"----June!!.... I/we as Catholics will remain ( as billions of Catholics have for over 2000 years) to the TRUTH of TRUE SALVATION in Jesus Christ in and through His One (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church, praying for your mis-guided, mis-directed and vindictive heart, mind and soul!!!
Blah, blah, blah.

The faithful Jews didn't and don't believe that Jesus was the messiah, as they are still waiting, as are all the believers in other religions for their messiahs to come and save them.

You believe that other messiahs are bunk and Jesus is real ... only because you are determined that Catholics will be saved and all others deserve to go to hell.

Silly, selfish humans.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#472530 Aug 23, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, he "knew her not", meaning he didn't have relations with her. Thanks.
not until Jesus was born. So after Jesus was born they had sex just like ever other married couple.

Not sure why catholics think Mary and Joseph having sex is such a bad thing.

1 Samuel 1:19
They rose early in the morning and worshiped before the Lord; then they went back to their house at Ramah. And Elkanah KNEW Hannah his wife, and the Lord remembered her.

1 Kings 1:4
The young woman was very beautiful, and she was of service to the king and attended to him, but the king KNEW her not.

**unlike catholic teaching, the word KNEW is crystal clear to what it means. Joseph did not have sex with Mary until after Jesus was born. This isn't a bad thing Tony. The only bad thing here is your church's teaching on Mary being a virgin her whole life.

Prince George, Canada

#472531 Aug 23, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Preach IT sister!
YEAH! "Preach it sister ... that you and I are loved by the god that created half love and half evil! Suck up all that love-part of the equation for you and I ... and foist of off that evil part of the equation for others who aren't WISE to god's meanings as are you and I."

:)

Prince George, Canada

#472532 Aug 23, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
God bless you Ox
With the evil part of Jehovah ... or the holy part???

OH WAIT ... if Ox believes as YOU believe, my guess is the blessings are HOLY. Only the curses of hell (which flow from the evil side of Jehovah) are for others who don't believe as you believe.

Did I get that part of the equation correct?

Prince George, Canada

#472533 Aug 23, 2013
Why don't you ever see the headline 'Psychic Wins Lottery'?

Author unknown

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#472534 Aug 23, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~~
ALL THE STUBBORNNESS OF AN OX...
ALWAYS CONTROVERSIAL...
YOU ARE
2Ti_3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
Joe 2:28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and
==> your daughters shall prophesy,
your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
Joe 2:29 And also upon the servants and
==> upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.
Act 2:16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
Act 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and
==>your daughters shall prophesy,
and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
Act 2:18 And on my servants and
==>on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
~~~
Rom_16:1
I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a -->servant<-- of the church which is at Cenchrea:
SERVANT DEFINED IN GREEK AS USED IN ROMANS 16:1
-->SERVANT<--
G1249
&#948;&#953;&#945; &#769;&#954;&#959; &#957;&#959;&#962;
diakonos
dee-ak'-on-os
Probably from &#948;&#953;&#945; &#769;&#954;&#969; diako&#772; (obsolete, to run on errands; compare G1377); an attendant, that is,(generally) a waiter (at table or in other menial duties); specifically a Christian teacher and pastor (technically a deacon or deaconess):- deacon, minister, servant.
Rom_16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen. Written to the Romans from Corinthus, and
-->sent by Phebe servant of the church at Cenchrea.<--
1Co 14:35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

SBC
VI. The Church

A New Testament church of the Lord Jesus Christ is an autonomous local congregation of baptized believers, associated by covenant in the faith and fellowship of the gospel; observing the two ordinances of Christ, governed by His laws, exercising the gifts, rights, and privileges invested in them by His Word, and seeking to extend the gospel to the ends of the earth. Each congregation operates under the Lordship of Christ through democratic processes. In such a congregation each member is responsible and accountable to Christ as Lord. Its scriptural officers are pastors and deacons. While both men and women are gifted for service in the church, the office of pastor is limited to men as qualified by Scripture.

The New Testament speaks also of the church as the Body of Christ which includes all of the redeemed of all the ages, believers from every tribe, and tongue, and people, and nation.

Matthew 16:15-19; 18:15-20; Acts 2:41-42,47; 5:11-14; 6:3-6; 13:1-3; 14:23,27; 15:1-30; 16:5; 20:28; Romans 1:7; 1 Corinthians 1:2; 3:16; 5:4-5; 7:17; 9:13-14; 12; Ephesians 1:22-23; 2:19-22; 3:8-11,21; 5:22-32; Philippians 1:1; Colossians 1:18; 1 Timothy 2:9-14; 3:1-15; 4:14; Hebrews 11:39-40; 1 Peter 5:1-4; Revelation 2-3; 21:2-3.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#472535 Aug 23, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
not until Jesus was born. So after Jesus was born they had sex just like ever other married couple.
Not sure why catholics think Mary and Joseph having sex is such a bad thing.
1 Samuel 1:19
They rose early in the morning and worshiped before the Lord; then they went back to their house at Ramah. And Elkanah KNEW Hannah his wife, and the Lord remembered her.
1 Kings 1:4
The young woman was very beautiful, and she was of service to the king and attended to him, but the king KNEW her not.
**unlike catholic teaching, the word KNEW is crystal clear to what it means. Joseph did not have sex with Mary until after Jesus was born. This isn't a bad thing Tony. The only bad thing here is your church's teaching on Mary being a virgin her whole life.
Well, you said the word "until" wasn't in question and "knew" was the operative word. Leave out the word "until" and the verse clearly says "he knew her not". My previous statement stands... "until" has a different biblical usage compared to contemporary English.

And you would also have a problem with the teaching of all protestant Christians until 100 yers ago because they all believed as the Catholic Church does. Thanks.

Prince George, Canada

#472536 Aug 23, 2013
It's common sense that when Christians say "God bless you ... they can manipulate the loving half of Jehovah to comply with their own will.

They know that (according to theology) their is an evil side to Jehovah ... but also that it isn't polite to say "God curse you" to those who offend their own religious dogmas.

So instead the religious ones have learned to WARN others of the impending evil by making statements such as "If you don't believe the correct way, which is my way ... you will go to hell."

That is the POLITE way of putting a curse on others.

It's important to be politically correct these day.

The holy ones in Christianity no longer use the terminology "God curses you!"

Aren't they considerate though???

Prince George, Canada

#472537 Aug 23, 2013
Now ya see ... Gerald Gardner "The father of Wicca" didn't care to be politically correct, as he made it clear that with her nasty impulses, the goddess curses homosexuals.

There was something to be said for such honesty, even though his honesty was based on the usual brand of utter religious stupidity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 4 hr Mr Sir 8,723
Pope challenges Muslims to condemn violence Fri QUITTNER Dec 26 2014 4
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Dec 23 USA Born 83,901
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Dec 23 woodtick57 4
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... Dec 22 John 4
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 21 Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Dec 21 Doc Proper 12
More from around the web