Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 675535 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Chilliwack, Canada

#472757 Aug 24, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes!! There is ONLY ONE TRUTH!
Why were there three popes trying to rule at the same time, if a god was supporting the dogma of only one pope?

Greed was their aim.
Plain Jane

Orlando, FL

#472758 Aug 24, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes!! There is ONLY ONE TRUTH! Not 42,000+ personal opinionated PROTESTANT "relative truths" (what each person decides for themselves is the truth).
That's what the born-agains say.

You have much in common. Both full of...... truth :o)

Chilliwack, Canada

#472759 Aug 24, 2013
It's impossible for people to agree on the meanings of words, as the people take their own meanings from the words.

That is why Catholics don't even agree with other Catholics and likewise Protestants don't agree with other Protestants on the meanings of the words.

Yet they all read the same words from the same book.

When you people stop fooling your selves, you will stop trying to fool others.
Plain Jane

Orlando, FL

#472760 Aug 24, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have NEVER said Catholicism is superior and have NEVER said it was perfect! What I did say is that it is the ONE and ONLY Christian Faith and Church that possesses the FULLNESS of the FAITH and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH.... Jesus initiated and established HIS ONE TRUE CHURCH--to save sinners, of which we all are!!!!
OK, the Catholic church is no better or worse in God's eyes than any other denomination, right?

I see how you have been posting that point over and over.

You are so honest with yourself!

And the cow flew over the moon.
Plain Jane

Orlando, FL

#472761 Aug 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Your religion has morphed you into a very dishonest person ... who claims to KNOW the one and only truth.
All religion was and is theory.
Not theory, faith.

There is a difference. Please look it up.

The bain of religion is how some confuse the two.

Chilliwack, Canada

#472762 Aug 24, 2013
Note the word "destruction" and then you will understand that the job of the theologians was to terrorize followers.

They taught you that only through their ability to know what the gods expected from you were they allowed to give you insight into how your sins would be forgiven BY the god.

Instilling fear in you was ALL a scheme to control you.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

From the book “Smith’s Bible Dictionary

Fire is represented as the symbol of Jehovah’s presence and the instrument of his power, in the way of approval or of destruction.

Chilliwack, Canada

#472763 Aug 24, 2013
If there is one god (according to Catholic and Protestant and Muslim theologians) is his name still Jehovah ... or did somebody change it when he wasn't "looking?"

Tongue in cheek

Chilliwack, Canada

#472764 Aug 24, 2013
Where there is trust, there is no fear.

Chilliwack, Canada

#472765 Aug 24, 2013
Plain Jane wrote:
<quoted text>
Not theory, faith.
You have faith IN the theory that your religion is based on truth.
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#472766 Aug 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So now that you are a Catholic you believe that a god favors you above all others on earth.
That is what the Catholic theologians HOPED you would believe.
I seriously wonder if you read peoples posts before you type. How else could you believe this man is a Catholic?
Plain Jane

Orlando, FL

#472767 Aug 24, 2013
“This is partly based on my own theological understanding of how I believe the Church in its wholeness should be conceived as One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic, encompassing different traditions rather than as a series of squabbling fiefdoms each imagining that it possesses the totality of what the true Church is."

I wonder what so many here find so troubling about that statement?
Plain Jane

Orlando, FL

#472768 Aug 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You have faith IN the theory that your religion is based on truth.
You still don't know the difference between faith and theory.

You really should study the difference. It might open your mind.

Then you wouldn't be like most of the "I know the truth" crowd of which you are a part.
Gtown71

Arlington, TX

#472769 Aug 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
"I do believe the Roman Catholic Church was started by god, but its the god of this world, Satan"
With a statement like that, it doesn't sound like you fully converted yet. Satan is no god. There is only one God.
And I'm sorry you let slander, propaganda and deception shape you view of the Catholic Church. I'm certain that any serious Christian would join the Catholic Church if they could see the truth. The truth of course, destroys Protestantism and folks like you could never stomach being wrong about the Bible.
Peace
I'm sorry clay, but I'm not a protestant .
I am a born again christian though. Plus it was the catholic teaching that made me come to my conclusion.
the rcc, puts people "mostly lost " into bondage, with vain repetitious prayers, and rituals tha are worthless. One "man " forgiving another man, mary worshipping, prayers for the dead, and most of all taking the only name given, by where we must be saved, and turning it into a vanilla wafer.

That's the biggest scam going. It saddens me to know so many who are caught up into the demonic driven deal. Plus satan is a god "little g " of this world, but you're right about one thing, there is only one God "big G "
Peace.

Chilliwack, Canada

#472770 Aug 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I seriously wonder if you read peoples posts before you type. How else could you believe this man is a Catholic?
I noticed that after I posted it, but then I thought "Catholics and Protestants are both the same, as they both believe that a god lives to lavish love on only their own cults.

Chilliwack, Canada

#472771 Aug 24, 2013
Plain Jane wrote:
<quoted text>
You still don't know the difference between faith and theory.
I can put faith in any old theory. I choose not to put faith in the theory of theologians, that religion is based on truth.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#472772 Aug 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Ox, please, enough is enough. This isn't a game. Just believe whatever you want. At this point, nothing will sway anybody here.. All you guys are staunch sola scripturist. That is the theory you're going "all in" with. It doesn't matter I guess, that you all come to different truths based on scripture.. In the end, we all stand before God and we will be judged accordingly.
For once you are right. This is not a game. My question has nothing to do with being a staunch solo scripto (new word)...it has nothing to do with theory.

It has to do with you not answering my question..Which was/is "Why are you not answering? It will reveal the truth.... Something that catlicks avoid like he plague...

Your denomination teaches Christ is the incarnate Son of God...the redeemer of the human Race...why do you not believe what your vatacan teaches????

Chilliwack, Canada

#472773 Aug 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry clay, but I'm not a protestant .
I am a born again christian though.
So, you are not Protestant or Catholic, but you ARE Christian?

How funny.

What next?
Gtown71

Arlington, TX

#472774 Aug 24, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
God Bless you great testimony. Thank you for sharing it.
Thanks for your response. I've not really given my testimony yet, but only trying to show that God is real. As you already know, it's up to others to decide.

I realize, that I offend many, and that's ok.
The truth is the truth.

I don't believe I'm on the path to Heaven, I believe I'm going to Heaven. I'm already there according to God :)

I believe once a person has "truly "been born again that they are forever sealed in the grace of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

I would even say 90% of "christians " don't understand this, and continue to try and earn grace, or put others under bondage.

My soul is saved and sealed. My flesh is just as filthy as it was the momment before I met this God. There will come a day when even it will be put right, but that will also be a work of God, and not of man.

I've not read many post, but glad to meet you.

I cannot respond Sun night -Fri night, for a few weeks due to my job, and being inside a secure location, where no electonics are allowed. Atleast not for me, but the prisoners have plenty of access.:)

The world we live in. Lol
Nice to meet you.
Gtown71

Arlington, TX

#472775 Aug 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I noticed that after I posted it, but then I thought "Catholics and Protestants are both the same, as they both believe that a god lives to lavish love on only their own cults.
It's ok June. I made a mistake myself back in. 1989, when I said that instead of this. Lol

I am neither of what you've listed. I am a child of God.
awaken by this God.
Saved by this God.
sealed by this God.

It's not becouse I'm good,becouse I'm not. It's becouse He is good.:)
Gtown71

Arlington, TX

#472776 Aug 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I can put faith in any old theory. I choose not to put faith in the theory of theologians, that religion is based on truth.
Most religion is NOT based on truth, but lies. Most "christian " religions, turn truth into a lie.

What theory do you put your faith and trust in, if you don't mind me asking?
Evolution? Not micro, but the kind that says rocks and slim and lots and lots of time, and here we are kind of evolution, which seems would take even waaay more faith to me.

Just know sitting inside any "church "makes one a child of God, like sitting in a garage makes one a car :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Tue Mr Sir 10,518
News Pope Francis meets 4 Imams to open a Christian-... Apr 21 Joe 30
News Pope opens free laundromat for the poor Pope Fr... Apr 12 True Christian wi... 1
News Role of women in the modern Catholic Church 'un... Apr 9 South Knox Hombre 1
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) Apr 7 Teana Trump 53
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Mar 31 whirlingmerc 9
News Pope Francis will do 'everything he can' to vis... Mar 31 Gods r Delusions ... 1
More from around the web