Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658878 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Chuck

Dublin, OH

#472589 Aug 23, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuck's not offended by it, he fully endorses it.
Months ago I said something to Ox about the way he spoke to women on this forum...where were you?

And I agreed it was offensive to say that.

Buddies again????
Clay

Garden City, MI

#472590 Aug 23, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you capable of answering a question.
Gen 4:4 Now Adam KNEW Eve his wife, and she conceived and bore Cain.
*what does the word KNEW mean.
you said it doesn't mean a sexual act, so what does it mean?
It means he knew Eve, his wife, then she bore a Son.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#472591 Aug 23, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
Chuck, this is what Clay took offense to and So do I.
[Mary parted her legs like any other married woman.]
the filthy words of Oxbore NEED to STOP.
A husband and wife having intercourse is blessed by God.....that is why He created a man and a woman!!!! There is nothing filthy about it...which includes her parting her legs...
Clay

Garden City, MI

#472592 Aug 23, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
"you" does mean Peter but "you" also means every other born again Christian.
now what ?
You're suppose to be a sola scripturist. Book, chapter and verse please, where Christ says all born again Christians get the keys to bind and loose on Earth that Heaven itself will recognize as authoritative.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#472593 Aug 23, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
It means he knew Eve, his wife, then she bore a Son.
ROTFLAU!!!!! "It means he knew Eve, his wife"

** it's his wife, I'm sure he probably already established that before they got married...lol

* no wonder you have to rely on a priest to tell you what to believe. you haven't a clue what God's Word means.

No doubt Clay has the quote of the day...maybe the year.

Clay was asked what does KNEW mean in this text 4 Now Adam knew Eve his wife

Clay's answer: It means he knew Eve, his wife

**Priceless...I'm laughing at you while I type.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#472594 Aug 23, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
24 When Joseph woke from sleep, he did as the angel of the Lord commanded him: he took his wife, 25 but knew her not until she had given birth to a son. And he called his name Jesus.
I did not pay the bill until I received the invoice...but the invoice was paid
I did not leave until my friend arrived....but I did leave
Joseph did not have sex with Mary until Jesus was born...but they did have sex.
**see the pattern here Tony...hope that helps.
So we're agreed - the "knew her" part is not what we're talking about, rather it's the "until" that you're hung up on. As my very first post in this line of discussion indicated, the word "until" is used differently in the bible than the contemporary English you're used to.

All of your reformers believed it was to be understood in the same way the Catholic Church does. No protestants held your view until very recently. Yes, I see the pattern, it's called fundamentalist bible scrabble.

Location hidden

#472595 Aug 23, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
These "bogus" anti-catholic definitions that you "scrape up" are nothing more than a bunch of 21st century "modernistic" opinionated twisted" BS that is perverted to fit your Protestant "self-created Church History Propaganda. That is why for over 2000 years of the recorded and authenticated TRUTH of TRUE Church History, the One TRUE Catholic Church established by Jesus Christ HIMSELF has survived heretics, bigots and hypocritical "hack opinions" like YOURS that "continue" to miserable "fail" in their attempts to undermine the TRUE Interpretation of the Bible regards to: Matthew 16:13-21 Jesus' Only TRUE (Universal-Catholic Church)
Acts 2 a heirachical, authoritative, visible Church with
Bishops, Priests, Elders and Deacons
I Timothy 3:15 when Paul (clearly) says "The Church (not the bible alone) is the Pillar, Pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH
John 6:47-59 Where Jesus (clearly) defines HIS TRUE BODY and TRUE BLOOD in the Eucharist (the Real of presence of Jesus HIMSELF
YOU --OX--- are in "total denial" regarding ANY TRUE BIBLICAL and HISTORICAL TRUTH "by using your OWN personal opinions" (DISTORTING, LYING AND DECEIVING) yourself and others of the recorded biblical and historical TRUTH of the Words of Jesus, the words of Paul and the PROVEN and VERIFIABLE TRUTH of TRUE Apostolic Church Historian authors and writers "both Catholic and Protestant!!!!!!!as your vindictive, beligerent (anti-catholic) Pride and ego continue to "BLIND YOU TO THE TRUTH"!!!! You are fooling NO ONE but yourself!!!!!!
The definition for "denomination" is from the Eng;ish dictionary...it is not bogus nor is it anti-Catholic..it is not a 21st century "modernistic" opinionated twisted" BS that is perverted to fit my Protestant "self-created Church History Propaganda.

You have failed to show what you call my "distorting, manipulating and twisting" the TRUTH of the Bible, in both steps 1 and 2..

Step 3.
church: ekklesia, a calling out, i.e.(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly, church.

Clay

Garden City, MI

#472596 Aug 23, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
** it's his wife, I'm sure he probably already established that before they got married...lol
* no wonder you have to rely on a priest to tell you what to believe. you haven't a clue what God's Word means.
I think you ought to get out of the house more.

Location hidden

#472597 Aug 23, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you look at why we believe what we believe about the Blessed Virgin.
What Rosez said is 110% true...based on Scripture....

Location hidden

#472598 Aug 23, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree that KNEW means a sexual act.
Now what do of do? Should we go to tent revival and have your pastor beat me over the head with a Bible til I submit to his non-authoritative opinion on sacred scripture? Lol
Knew is the past tense of know.

know: 8. Archaic. to have sexual intercourse with.

English dictionary....
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#472599 Aug 23, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You're suppose to be a sola scripturist. Book, chapter and verse please, where Christ says all born again Christians get the keys to bind and loose on Earth that Heaven itself will recognize as authoritative.
Luke 10:10 After this the Lord appointed seventy-two[a] others and sent them on ahead of him, two by two, into every town and place where he himself was about to go. 2 And he said to them,“The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest. 3 Go your way; behold, I am sending you out as lambs in the midst of wolves. 4 Carry no moneybag, no knapsack, no sandals, and greet no one on the road. 5 Whatever house you enter, first say,‘Peace be to this house!’ 6 And if a son of peace is there, your peace will rest upon him. But if not, it will return to you. 7 And remain in the same house, eating and drinking what they provide, for the laborer deserves his wages. Do not go from house to house. 8 Whenever you enter a town and they receive you, eat what is set before you. 9 Heal the sick in it and say to them,‘The kingdom of God has come near to you.’ 10 But whenever you enter a town and they do not receive you, go into its streets and say, 11 ‘Even the dust of your town that clings to our feet we wipe off against you. Nevertheless know this, that the kingdom of God has come near.’ 12 I tell you, it will be more bearable on that day for Sodom than for that town.

**Question Clay...these folks have the keys which is the Gospel. Were they given authority...yes.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#472600 Aug 23, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you ought to get out of the house more.
say it again for me...lol...

"It means he knew Eve, his wife"

lol
Clay

Garden City, MI

#472601 Aug 23, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Luke 10:10 After this the Lord appointed seventy-two[a] others and sent them on ahead of him, two by two, into every town and place where he himself was about to go. 2 And he said to them,“The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest. 3 Go your way; behold, I am sending you out as lambs in the midst of wolves. 4 Carry no moneybag, no knapsack, no sandals, and greet no one on the road. 5 Whatever house you enter, first say,‘Peace be to this house!’ 6 And if a son of peace is there, your peace will rest upon him. But if not, it will return to you. 7 And remain in the same house, eating and drinking what they provide, for the laborer deserves his wages. Do not go from house to house. 8 Whenever you enter a town and they receive you, eat what is set before you. 9 Heal the sick in it and say to them,‘The kingdom of God has come near to you.’ 10 But whenever you enter a town and they do not receive you, go into its streets and say, 11 ‘Even the dust of your town that clings to our feet we wipe off against you. Nevertheless know this, that the kingdom of God has come near.’ 12 I tell you, it will be more bearable on that day for Sodom than for that town.
**Question Clay...these folks have the keys which is the Gospel. Were they given authority...yes.
Really Chuck? You are not serious.

Since: Sep 09

Vancouver, Canada

#472602 Aug 23, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
If by chance a creator exists ... do you think for a moment that he/she/it approves you people supporting the words written by your favorite theologians, while vilifying the words written by other theologians?

Do you adhere to the idea that a creator could be led helter-skelter by individual believers who lust after their own salvation???

Are you being honest with you self when you adhere to that belief?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#472603 Aug 23, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Really Chuck? You are not serious.
You have some of the best replies Clay...no rebuttals, just jibberish.

I've decided after your "It means he knew Eve, his wife" comment, you can't be taken seriously when discussing scripture. So for now on, have you priest come on here to mediate for you. Thanks
Clay

Garden City, MI

#472604 Aug 23, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
say it again for me...lol...
"It means he knew Eve, his wife"
lol
"And Adam knew Eve his wife, and she conceived and bare Cain."

I'm starting to think Ox has multiple personalities and you're his alter ego.

Vancouver, Canada

#472605 Aug 23, 2013
Crazy theology

Adam had sex with Eve, who was previously his own rib, and he and Eve bore children that also committed incest.

Theologians were and are idiots.

:)

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#472606 Aug 23, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me what this means: Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:
He dreamed the whole happening.

Do you always place credibility in dreams and visions?

How?

Why?

Vancouver, Canada

#472607 Aug 23, 2013
Theologians taught and teach that it is God's will that those inside their own cults are blessed ... while outsiders are cursed.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Opposite Word of bless:

"condemn, curse, damn"

http://www.opposite-word.com/default.asp

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#472608 Aug 23, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you capable of answering a question.
Gen 4:4 Now Adam KNEW Eve his wife, and she conceived and bore Cain.
*what does the word KNEW mean.
you said it doesn't mean a sexual act, so what does it mean?
How is it that if there were no witnesses to this, and someone else could write a factual occurrence?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 4 hr Married in 10,244
News Pope to visit Georgia, Azerbaijan 5 hr Stephany McDowell 1
News Parishioners attend a mass at Catedral de Nuest... 5 hr Proposer Words Po... 16
News The untold story of Queen Elizabeth I and Islam Sep 25 Full Muslim stupid 13
News Cardinal tipped to be the next Pope warns of an... Sep 20 Looking down our ... 25
News Catholic schools being closed at alarming rate (Apr '08) Sep 11 Jeremy 158
News The Latest: Walesa misses papal Mass, blames la... Sep 10 Ste 1
More from around the web