Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603263 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#472251 Aug 20, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
She is not one whit worse off than yourself.
You are both deceived...BIG TIME...
IN SOME WAYS SHE IS BETTER OFF...THAN YOU..
AT LEAST SHE IS HONEST ABOUT HER REJECTION OF GOD AND TRUTH...
YOU ATTEMPT TO HIDE YOURS...
ER ... UH ... thank you ... I think ...?

:)

It's nice that you believe in my honestly ... even though you don't believe I will receive any bliss in an afterlife.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#472252 Aug 20, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~~
KAY MARIE ... is in REHAB...AND RESPONDING WELL TO THERAPY.
Each day we see improvements... as God is healing her injuries.
If she doesn't heal is that because "god" doesn't want her injuries to heal?

You give "god" credit, but you don't expect that "god" should take blame for allowing suffering of all human and non-animals in the first place.

I simply don't want her to suffer ... just as I don't want other humans or other forms of life to suffer.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#472253 Aug 20, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I'd say that's her plan..But then..how,would she spend her days .
I guess on another forum.
Anyway I get much more done when I scroll ..past ..her and a few others...
But then I feel like she stays here looking for something ..someone EITH a point that makes sense to her
Sigh..what to do
I'm trying to help you comprehend that the reason you don't believe that other religions are based on truth, is the same reason I don't believe your religion is based on truth.
hojo

Hopkins, MN

#472254 Aug 20, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<<continued to hojo>>
<quoted text>
"It's the full, living gift of Christ to the Apostles"
...Good! because you only have a glass that is half-full.
When are you going to fill it up?
Jesus Christ One (and only one TRUE Church has been "filled to the brim" for over 2000 years with the FULLNESS of the FAITH and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH....It is you Protestant "bible only fundies" that are CONTINUOUSLY emptying it, by "making up your own truth" (or better yet concocting your own--"relative truth" ---what each person decides "for themselves" is their OWN truth!!---(all 42,000 of you contradicting and inconsistent bible only buffoons!!!! The TRUTH of the TRUE GOSPEL of Jesus Christ, has, is and will always be grounded in Jesus Christ HIMSELF maninfested in and through His One True Catholic Church......You bible only Protestants are a "repeat story" of the Prodigal son in Luke 15:11 ALWAYS on the outside, ALWAYS looking in at the FULLNESS of the TRUTH and the FAITH in Jesus Christs One True Church!!!

Vanderhoof, Canada

#472255 Aug 20, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>The forum is not about debunking all Faiths.
Which ones aren't you debunking??? Could you be more specific?

Vanderhoof, Canada

#472256 Aug 20, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the update, God will heal body mind and soul!
Are you positive???

Vanderhoof, Canada

#472257 Aug 20, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
Word of advice. If someone says that we are all the same and says that as if that's a good thing, GET AS FAR AWAY FROM THAT PERSON AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN.
YEAH ... god doesn't want you to be polluted by evil people. That must why he created evil.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#472258 Aug 20, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
Good evening everybody.
Even us polluted ones???

Vanderhoof, Canada

#472259 Aug 20, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>we all should scroll by and not reply....sorry to say
Why would you be sorry for scrolling by? Isn't it god's will that you ignore evil people?

hojo

Hopkins, MN

#472260 Aug 20, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~~
KAY MARIE ... is in REHAB...AND RESPONDING WELL TO THERAPY.
Each day we see improvements... as God is healing her injuries.
Let me express a special thanks to those on this forum ... that have
prayed for her and to some have sent her ....most beautiful flowers.
Thanks again for caring..
Blessings
TO ALL OF YOU.
GIF.
My very special blessings, many prayers and very best wishes to KayMarie in her time of recovery from her injuries! Please greet her for me!!

Vanderhoof, Canada

#472261 Aug 20, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I said that way in the beginning of when June first came on this thread.She has spent a long time on other threads,especially the one that is titled somewhat: The RCChurch against women and gays.
June is unique,there is no doubt about that!
You forgot to refer to me as an evil heretic, as would be the Christian way.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#472262 Aug 20, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Okay folks. This is the JEFF MAJORS I mentioned. You guys should hear him perform LIFT EVERY VOICE AND SING.
http://www.jeffmajors.com/
No thanks!

This one is for you ...

Vanderhoof, Canada

#472263 Aug 20, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Sere, I trust you and your sweety are doing well.
Just pass by Junes post. If we don't respond to her post.
she won't have anything to answer too.
Ya ... but unless you preach at me you are not following the gospel that you must preach and tell me straight out that if I don't become a Christian in your image ... god won't love me.

It's your duty to convert others so you will in turn receive brownie points in heaven from the god that loves ONLY Christians.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#472264 Aug 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to refer to me as an evil heretic, as would be the Christian way.
You aren't a Heretic, June. You are a pure evil atheist.

Seriously though, you are one of the few sane people on this thread.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#472265 Aug 20, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't hear it, and my volume is way up.
OH OH! That might be a "sign."

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#472266 Aug 20, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't hear it, and my volume is way up.
Sorry. Try this one.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#472267 Aug 20, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't a Heretic, June. You are a pure evil atheist.
Seriously though, you are one of the few sane people on this thread.
Thanks, but ... I suggest you must be an Atheist, or you would also want me tarred and feathered as an evil offender of all of the many gods.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#472268 Aug 20, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
You wrote
Am still waiting for your answer.....
The bible says...
1Jn 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1Jn 2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father:(but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
1Jn 2:24 Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.
1Jn 2:25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.
1Jn 2:26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.
1Jn 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
1Jn 2:28 And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.
1Jn 2:29 If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.
Wait as long as you wish...
As for me....I am waiting on the Lord..
Not only am I waiting for THE LORDS RETURN..
I AM WAITING AS A SERVANT OF GOD...AS A SERVANT DOES HIS MASTER.
Isa_40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
I WILL OCCUPY TILL HE COMES.
Luk_19:13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them,
--->Occupy till I come.<---
Joh 15:3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
Joh 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
Joh 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
Joh 15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
Joh 15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
When God was putting you together, He announced "manners"...you thought He said "Manors" and went looking for yours!!!!!

It is common courtesy to answer a person whom talks to you. Afterwards, that person responses to you in like manner.

It is crass to ignore the person's initial words, and, instead to present what you want to talk about....

Location hidden

#472269 Aug 20, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Christ One (and only one TRUE Church has been "filled to the brim" for over 2000 years with the FULLNESS of the FAITH and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH....It is you Protestant "bible only fundies" that are CONTINUOUSLY emptying it, by "making up your own truth" (or better yet concocting your own--"relative truth" ---what each person decides "for themselves" is their OWN truth!!---(all 42,000 of you contradicting and inconsistent bible only buffoons!!!! The TRUTH of the TRUE GOSPEL of Jesus Christ, has, is and will always be grounded in Jesus Christ HIMSELF maninfested in and through His One True Catholic Church......You bible only Protestants are a "repeat story" of the Prodigal son in Luke 15:11 ALWAYS on the outside, ALWAYS looking in at the FULLNESS of the TRUTH and the FAITH in Jesus Christs One True Church!!!
You are saying the English dictionary is lying, your poop is a liar, your catlick encyclopee is lying, the SBC is lying, Strong's lexicon is lying..

denomnation: A large group of religious congregations united under a common faith and name and organized under a single administrative and legal hierarchy.

The Roman Catholic church is a denomination of the Christian faith. Christ built not any...none...zilich denominations...He built His church.

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

church: ekklesia, a calling out, i.e.(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly, church.

Therefore...any....bar none...Christian congregation or an assembly of, is the church Christ built.

The NABre poop arroved Catlick bible: Church: this word (Greek ekkl&#275;sia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesus’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

Therefore...any....bar none...Christian congregation or an assembly of, is the church Christ built

The SBC teaches:
A New Testament church of the Lord Jesus Christ is an autonomous local congregation of baptized believers, associated by covenant in the faith and fellowship of the gospel; observing the two ordinances of Christ, governed by His laws, exercising the gifts, rights, and privileges invested in them by His Word, and seeking to extend the gospel to the ends of the earth. Each congregation operates under the Lordship of Christ through democratic processes. In such a congregation each member is responsible and accountable to Christ as Lord. Its scriptural officers are pastors and deacons. While both men and women are gifted for service in the church, the office of pastor is limited to men as qualified by Scripture.

The New Testament speaks also of the church as the Body of Christ which includes all of the redeemed of all the ages, believers from every tribe, and tongue, and people, and nation.

Therefore...any....bar none...Christian congregation or an assembly of, is the church Christ built

The catlick encyclopdia: church: The term church is the name employed in the Teutonic languages to render the Greek ekklesia (ecclesia), the term by which the New Testament writers denote the society founded by Jesus Christ....

Location hidden

#472270 Aug 20, 2013
A virgin forever was not Mary!!!!

This theory of Mary’s “perpetual virginity” became official dogma at the Council of Chalcedon in A.D. 451, and thus is binding upon both the Greek and Roman segments of the Church (Pelikan, 14.1000).
The Historical Roots of the Dogma

What is the biblical evidence for this dogma? There is none —absolutely none. As one scholar quaintly noted, the doctrine “is a matter of dogmatic assumption unmixed with any alloy of factual evidence”(Sweet, 3.2003).

The theory had its roots in the pagan environment of the post-apostolic age when there was a strong emphasis upon celibacy within certain heathen religions. In that day, sexual intercourse, even within marriage, sometimes carried the suspicion of sin.

Alexander Hislop has shown a remarkable concurrence between the Vestal Virgins of pagan Rome, and the propensity for virginity that evolved in the digressive church of the post-apostolic period (Hislop, 223, 236-238, 250).

The idea thus evolved that it was inconceivable that Mary should have engaged in normal marital relations.

It is a baffling mystery how a Church, that holds marriage to be a “sacrament,” can entertain such a misdirected viewpoint (see Heb. 13:4).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 20 hr Mr Sir 9,679
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 21 hr Passing thru 84,403
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory Sun Paul Porter1 421
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 26 Belle Sexton 3
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 25 Abrahamanic Relig... 1
News Pope Benedict is living out old age calmly (Aug '08) Aug 24 The Oracle 73
News LGBT equality groups getting shut out of Pope F... Aug 23 Fundiementally ill 8
More from around the web