Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 684018 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

marge

Leesburg, GA

#472494 Aug 22, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
Heavenly Father ..
We,come in humility before you .
We pray for healing for those among us who need it
Most especially Kay and Nick
For healing in our families . For your Holy Spirit to work in their lives.
We are asking fir Peace here between your people and for wisdom in our words.
We see a spirit of dissension here Father .
We see posts here against Your Precious,Son our Saviour ..Jesus,Christ .
Only You know the Source of our angry words to each other nd AGAINST You.
We pray IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST ..to heal and banish these
Spirits, who mock You .
We pray we do better with our dissension
We pray in Jesus,name to Vanquish any evil among us.
Amen.
AMEN

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#472495 Aug 22, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe the Holy Bible?
Speaking of Jesus:
Revelation 1:8
I am Alpha and Omega,
the beginning and the ending,
saith the Lord,
which is,
and which was,
and which is>> to come,
the Almighty.
You see that?
Who is coming back?
Who was?
Who is The Almighty?
Here is more.
Revelation 1
11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
17And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead.
And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
18 I am he that liveth,
and was dead;
and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
He(Jesus) said He was the First and The Last.
He(Jesus) said He was the Alpha and Omega.
He(Jesus) said He was dead
and, behold, I(Jesus) am alive for evermore, Amen
How can you DENY they are one and the Same?
1 Timothy 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:
God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world,
received up into glory.
Ezekiel 37:27
My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea,
I will be their God,
and they shall be my people.
What does that have to do with the price of ice in the Sahara????

Location hidden

#472496 Aug 22, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ox--you have "slid, skidded and slipped" so far off of the charts of the "realities of biblical and historical TRUTH" regarding TRUE CHRISTIANITY that even your own Protestant companions are beginning to debunk and refute ANYTHING and EVERYTHING you say!!....You really should stop reading these "fictitious Church History books and bible commentary "myths" that you keep "digging up" in the archives of the National Inquirer editorial "reject" section!!
You are nothing but a bag of hot air...that regurgitated swill has nothing to do with:

Show me my lies, distortions, and deceit in:

Step 1.
denomination: A large group of religious congregations united under a common faith and name and organized under a single administrative and legal hierarchy.

Location hidden

#472497 Aug 22, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
The Lord's Prayer
Our Father who art in heaven
Hallowed be thy name
Thy kingdom come thy will be done
On earth as it is in heaven
Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive those who trespass
against us
And lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom, the power
and the glory.
For ever and ever
Amen.
Please share with us the circumstances that culminated in God Almighty becoming your Father in Heaven..
marge

Leesburg, GA

#472498 Aug 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>several years ago, someone spoke about praying that a person would get sin sick and turn to the Lord. well, this one man went home and told his wife that the church was praying for her to get sick. so the daughter in law came over to my home and asked me about that, and if we actually did pray for her mom to get sick and I told her no, and that I didn't know who said that to him.
as Loving Christians, we wish for God to Save people, not harm them, and that is what we wish to happen
Totally agree

Location hidden

#472499 Aug 22, 2013
I asked the "man called of God":

Do you deny this teaching?

"Christ is the eternal Son of God. In His incarnation as Jesus Christ He was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. Jesus perfectly revealed and did the will of God, taking upon Himself human nature with its demands and necessities and identifying Himself completely with mankind yet without sin.

His reply: Oxbore, I learned a LONG TIME AGO, that I don't have to impress one person, all that I have to do is state the truth.
and as far as you are concerned, not ONE person on here is IMPRESSED WITH YOU,
and if I were YOU(thanks be unto God that I am),
I WOULD BE MORE WORRIED ABOUT MY SOUL THAN YOU ARE NOW

Now if that is not hiding from what He knows is truth...per Scripture...what is it???? Can't nobody be that ignorant....naturally

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#472500 Aug 22, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
What does that have to do with the price of ice in the Sahara????
If you read those scriptures and don't know what it has to do with as you say the price of ice,then you have no clue.

Rev 1:17
17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me,
Fear not; I am the first and the last:

Rev 2:8
8 And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things

saith the first and the last,
which was dead,
and is alive;

Rev 22:13
13I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

John 1:1

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God,
>>>and the Word was God.<<<

1 Tim 3:16
16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:
God was manifest >>>in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world,
>>>>received up into glory.

Isa 54:5
For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.

1 Tim 2:3
3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

John 8:58
58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.(KJV)

Who is the great I Am?

I leave you with this:

Titus 3:9
But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.

Location hidden

#472501 Aug 22, 2013
Mary parted her legs like any other married woman...

The Catholic defense for the dogma of Mary’s “perpetual virginity” is as barren as one will ever encounter in a religious controversy.

James Cardinal Gibbons, in his apologetic for the concept, did not introduce a solitary scriptural argument in its favor. Rather, he appealed solely to the creeds of the post-biblical age (Apostles’ Creed and Nicean Creed), which are bereft of divine authority (Gibbons, 168).

There is, perhaps, nothing so revealing as this “no-evidence” line of approach. The few passages that sometimes are employed in a defense of the dogma do not even approach the borders of the territory.

But the reality of the matter is this: the Catholic clergy believes it needs no authority — save that of its own pontificating voice. It creates its own dogma, writes its own rules, has become its own “god”(cf. 2 Thes. 2:4; see Jackson, 106ff).

It is a sad reality that numerous people, quite noble in many respects, should sincerely, though uncritically, follow an autocratic system that stands so adverse to divinely revealed truth.

The doctrine of Mary’s perpetual virginity is bereft of any reasonable evidence. It is an ancient superstition that has been thrust upon sincere souls who have been taught to never question the voice of the Church. Many of these good people, however, are now reviewing their faith with a more critical eye. May their tribe increase.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#472502 Aug 22, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for proving my words...you are and there is no cure for it...
My brother Preston is welome in the church family, you have been kicked out.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#472503 Aug 22, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Please share with us the circumstances that culminated in God Almighty becoming your Father in Heaven..
Jesus,said so..told us how to pray .

Those are His,words,.

Good enough for me.

Ox..I am not going to debate with you if God is Our Father .

You want to debate with Jesus,maybe he can enlighten you .

God bless you.

Location hidden

#472504 Aug 22, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
If you read those scriptures and don't know what it has to do with as you say the price of ice,then you have no clue.
17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me,
which was dead,
and is alive;
God was manifest >>>in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world,
For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.
58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.(KJV)
Who is the great I Am?
I leave you with this:
But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.
The reason I said that is that your input into this thread is as far removed as the subject of ice prices in the Sahara....

Will gladly respond...if you have anything to say about the current thread..
marge

Leesburg, GA

#472505 Aug 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I tried to patch things over with you last year. you stayed the course for about three days and then reverted back to your previous stance against me.
while LTM, Karen and kay marie and Gif and myself have exchanged pleasantries with each other.
you and I gave our bond, you broke yours. and then you tried to break the bond between Karen and myself, and neither of us wish to break ours..
so the question is this, does a "sister" in Christ try to stir up strife and remain a Christian?.
as one person says on here. this is a "repenting way".
LTM and I made a bond, her recent post to me indicates that she cares for me and it shows. and I feel the same way towards her.
Just because i hollar at you When your out of line does not mean i don't love you as a brother, and your not my master only my husband and God is. Hugs!?

Location hidden

#472507 Aug 22, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus,said so..told us how to pray .
Those are His,words,.
Good enough for me.
Ox..I am not going to debate with you if God is Our Father .
You want to debate with Jesus,maybe he can enlighten you .
God bless you.
You are dodging my request...I did not ask you to debate anything...

You have no right to call God your Father in Heaven if He is not your Father in Heaven..and by your response...my bet is He ain't.....because you have no idea how that comes about...now do you???

marge

Leesburg, GA

#472508 Aug 22, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
which was dead,
and is alive;
Who is the great I Am?
I leave you with this:
Preach IT sister!

Location hidden

#472509 Aug 22, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Preach IT sister!
Proof that a Christian you are not...show Scripture that supports a woman preaching......

Since: Aug 13

Hanoi, Vietnam

#472510 Aug 23, 2013
Enjoy our lives at http://oyeahe.com/

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#472511 Aug 23, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
The demands of Christianity.
GiF - you forgot to include - the "or else" part.
*sighs*
~~~

God places no demands upon any one...

YOU EITHER ACCEPT HIM...OR REJECT HIM...

God sends no one to hell

MAN HAS THE OPTION...

to decide his own fate..

God did all he was going to do..AT CALVARY'S CROSS..

HE GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON TO DIE IN OUR PLACE..

WE EITHER TURN TO HIM,

and accept God's sacrifice...

or face the consequence of our decision..

WHICH IS ETERNAL SEPARATION FROM HIM IN HELL.

IT IS A VERY SIMPLE DECISION..

ONE EITHER TURNS OR BURNS...

JESUS SAID...

Mar_16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Joh_3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Joh_3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Joh_3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Joh_5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Joh_6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

Joh_6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

----------

THE ABOVE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH

PETER

MARY

THOMAS

MATTHEW

MARK

LUKE

JOHN

PAUL....OR A POPE

DENOMINATIONS, NOR INDEPENDENT CHURCHES..

THEIR BLOOD IS OF NO CONSEQUENCE..

ONLY THE BLOOD OF JESUS...

Eph_2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

Heb_10:19 Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,

Heb_12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

Heb_13:20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

1Pe_1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

1Jn_1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Rev_1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#472512 Aug 23, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof that a Christian you are not...show Scripture that supports a woman preaching......
~~~~

ALL THE STUBBORNNESS OF AN OX...

ALWAYS CONTROVERSIAL...

YOU ARE

2Ti_3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Joe 2:28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and

==> your daughters shall prophesy,

your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
Joe 2:29 And also upon the servants and

==> upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.

Act 2:16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
Act 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and

==>your daughters shall prophesy,

and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
Act 2:18 And on my servants and

==>on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

~~~

Rom_16:1

I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a -->servant<-- of the church which is at Cenchrea:

SERVANT DEFINED IN GREEK AS USED IN ROMANS 16:1

-->SERVANT<--

G1249
&#948;&#953;&#945; &#769;&#954;&#959; &#957;&#959;&#962;
diakonos
dee-ak'-on-os
Probably from &#948;&#953;&#945; &#769;&#954;&#969; diako&#772; (obsolete, to run on errands; compare G1377); an attendant, that is,(generally) a waiter (at table or in other menial duties); specifically a Christian teacher and pastor (technically a deacon or deaconess):- deacon, minister, servant.

Rom_16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen. Written to the Romans from Corinthus, and

-->sent by Phebe servant of the church at Cenchrea.<--
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#472513 Aug 23, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are nothing but a bag of hot air...that regurgitated swill has nothing to do with:
Show me my lies, distortions, and deceit in:
Step 1.
denomination: A large group of religious congregations united under a common faith and name and organized under a single administrative and legal hierarchy.
I/we have ALL shown you to be distorting the TRUTH, lies and deceit, over and over and over again, AND YET, as Jesus said in the Gospel of Matthew 23:16 "Woe to you blind guides"
You, Ox, have been told the TRUTH over and over and over again of the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ, the TRUE Interpretation of Sacred Scripture and the TRUTH of over 2000 years of TRUE Apostolic Church History and Our Lords One TRUE (Universal-Catholic) Church, and YET by your own pride, ego and beligerent anti-catholic vindictiveness----YOUR BLINDNESS REMAINS!!!!!
Clay

Garden City, MI

#472514 Aug 23, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
Mary parted her legs like any other married woman...
You are one of the most vile sick human beings I've ever encountered. You are so far removed from Christianity that its difficult to identify the religion you preach.

Having said that, its still amusing watching you prove the catastrophe of sola scripture to you and your evangelical cohorts.

.. Mary is my spiritual Mother. I love her and respect her just like Our Lord Jesus Christ did. You do not understand the Bible. You do not understand what the Ark of the covenant that bore forth the word of God made flesh is. That most Holy Ark is Mary. Your twisted mind believes Joseph - a devout obedient Jew - would think its ok to have sex with this Holiest of Arks. This is why earlier Christians - who were also Jews- immediately realized that Mary was an untouchable Holy Ark.

You should also realize your words above greatly offend Jesus Christ as they would ANY of us, if someone spoke in that manner about our Moms.

Get help Ox.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Jul 25 misleading troller 2
News The pope praised him for providing for his pare... Jul 19 Laredo 3
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Jul 19 Dhimmi Democrat 33
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 18 Married in 10,571
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Jul 16 True Christian wi... 77
News Editorial: The Vatican's Failure in the Abuse S... Jul 13 seemoregood 1
News In Defense of Free Speech in the United States (May '15) Jul 11 Muslim lives don_... 6
More from around the web