Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653910 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#472466 Aug 22, 2013
Just remember these words:

(Philippians 4:6-7

(6) Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

(7) And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#472467 Aug 22, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
Heavenly Father ..
We pray in Jesus,name to Vanquish any evil among us.
Amen.
That's not likely to occur ... as according to theology the creator CREATED evil.

Why are you trying to kill off that part of the creator???

I suggest that when you believe others are going to hell, that is the evil festering in your own brain.

Tongue in cheek

Quesnel, Canada

#472468 Aug 22, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
The Lord's Prayer
Our Father who art in heaven
Hallowed be thy name
Thy kingdom come thy will be done
On earth as it is in heaven
Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive those who trespass
against us
And lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom, the power
and the glory.
For ever and ever
Amen.
They forgot to worship the evil half of the god and to thank him for the evil portion in their daily bread.

Maybe you could try to create the balance for them, by praying ... "Thank you GOD for creating evil. Now I understand why I am a self-centered animal.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#472469 Aug 22, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
(Philippians 4:6-7
(6) Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
(7) And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Amen great SCRIPTURE love

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#472470 Aug 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not likely to occur ... as according to theology the creator CREATED evil.
Why are you trying to kill off that part of the creator???
I suggest that when you believe others are going to hell, that is the evil festering in your own brain.
Tongue in cheek
We,stillpray in Jesus name for You to bring peace and your mercy to you June ..

Quesnel, Canada

#472471 Aug 22, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
(7) And the peace of God
Did you forget that within the theology the god allows hell and a devil to exist. I suggest that when the god created evil, he "created" the devil and hell, as that was part of his evil plan.

A god with any sense of compassion would never have allowed evil to exist ... period ... much less create evil!

Religion is bunk!

Quesnel, Canada

#472472 Aug 22, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
OH STOP LYING! You NEED hell to exist for me so that you will keep on believing and preaching that YOU will be saved.

Without a hell and a devil and evil ... your religion would never have lifted "off the ground" as all "souls" would go to "heaven."

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#472473 Aug 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
They forgot to worship the evil half of the god and to thank him for the evil portion in their daily bread.
Maybe you could try to create the balance for them, by praying ... "Thank you GOD for creating evil. Now I understand why I am a self-centered animal.
We are self centered..having free will ..we turn to Our Lord Jesus
For forgiveness and peace ..in our lives here on earth ..

Quesnel, Canada

#472474 Aug 22, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen great SCRIPTURE love
Why do you lie in the face of scripture??? WHY???

It states very plain that Jehovah created evil. VERY PLAIN.

So don't pretend that your theology teaches that a god is PURE love. That is a lie!

The many hells in religions could NOT exist without the approval of the many human-created gods.

Religion is bunk!

Quesnel, Canada

#472475 Aug 22, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
We are self centered..having free will ..we turn to Our Lord Jesus
For forgiveness and peace ..in our lives here on earth ..
Your theology lives a LIE!

You know it and I know it.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#472476 Aug 22, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Good evening brother
Hey gammy Rose, how's we going to pray 'together' when Preston says he's not my brother?

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#472477 Aug 22, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
several years ago, someone spoke about praying that a person would get sin sick and turn to the Lord. well, this one man went home and told his wife that the church was praying for her to get sick. so the daughter in law came over to my home and asked me about that, and if we actually did pray for her mom to get sick and I told her no, and that I didn't know who said that to him.

as Loving Christians, we wish for God to Save people, not harm them, and that is what we wish to happen

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#472478 Aug 22, 2013

Printer-friendly version
Liberty Lyrics — Additional songs

Amazing Grace Lyrics

John Newton (1725-1807)
Stanza 6 anon.

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.
T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.
Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come;
'Tis Grace that brought me safe thus far
and Grace will lead me home.
The Lord has promised good to me.
His word my hope secures.
He will my shield and portion be,
As long as life endures.
Yea, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
And mortal life shall cease,
I shall possess within the veil,
A life of joy and peace.

When we've been here ten thousand years
Bright shining as the sun.
We've no less days to sing God's praise
Than when we've first begun.

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

Please take our survey so we can learn how to better serve you.

Quesnel, Canada

#472479 Aug 22, 2013
How many heavens and hells do Buddhists have?...A lot!

There was a book published in 1997 called... Buddhist Cosmology, Philosophy and Origins, by Akira Sadakata, Kosei Publications. It goes into a very detailed explanation of the various heavens and hells. I've found as many as 33 heavens and 33 hells listed as possible destinations, but I'm going to simplify it, and talk about the six realms of existence.

http://www.urbandharma.org/udharma/heaven.htm...

Quesnel, Canada

#472480 Aug 22, 2013
There were hells in theology long before the word Christian existed on planet earth.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Naraka (Sanskrit: &#2344;&#2352;&#23 25;) is the Sanskrit word for the underworld; literally, of man. According to some schools of Hinduism, Sikhism, Jainism and Buddhism, Naraka is a place of torment, or Hell. The word 'Neraka'(modification of Naraka) in Indonesia and Malaysian has also been used to describe the Islamic concept of Hell.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naraka

Location hidden

#472481 Aug 22, 2013
so we have to be careful what is said. this man was not very intelligent(couldn't read nor write) and misunderstood what was said.

unfortunately, that man is in prison for the rest of his life. he got angry and stabbed a man to death, and was judged to be mentally incompetent and received many years(don't know how many), which in his case is a life sentence

Location hidden

#472482 Aug 22, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey gammy Rose, how's we going to pray 'together' when Preston says he's not my brother?
I tried to patch things over with you last year. you stayed the course for about three days and then reverted back to your previous stance against me.

while LTM, Karen and kay marie and Gif and myself have exchanged pleasantries with each other.

you and I gave our bond, you broke yours. and then you tried to break the bond between Karen and myself, and neither of us wish to break ours..

so the question is this, does a "sister" in Christ try to stir up strife and remain a Christian?.

as one person says on here. this is a "repenting way".

LTM and I made a bond, her recent post to me indicates that she cares for me and it shows. and I feel the same way towards her.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#472483 Aug 22, 2013
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch...

http://m.youtube.com/watch...

When we think our culture is totally lost

Sometimes on Network TV we feel a breath from.the Spirit

Two different artists ..great voices,.

:)

Location hidden

#472484 Aug 22, 2013
What Does the Bible Say About Strife?

The Bible has a lot to say about how destructive strife is when it is allowed into any area of our life and the importance of putting an end to that strife. Below, I have paraphrased just some of the scriptures that talk about strife.

Proverbs 16:28 says that if a person plants the seeds of strife or spreads strife, he is either habitually contrary or he is a fraud pretending to be a Christian.

so what are you? that is a good question, that many of us need to find out

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#472485 Aug 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>several years ago, someone spoke about praying that a person would get sin sick and turn to the Lord. well, this one man went home and told his wife that the church was praying for her to get sick. so the daughter in law came over to my home and asked me about that, and if we actually did pray for her mom to get sick and I told her no, and that I didn't know who said that to him.
as Loving Christians, we wish for God to Save people, not harm them, and that is what we wish to happen
As long as there is life ..there is hope ..for the SPIRIT to guide us to belief in OUR PRECIOUS LORD AND SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST.

He took our Sin with Him on that Cross..paid the penalty we all deserve.

He did this for all of Us,..how can we turn away

Yet we do ..it can take decades..or a moment
.a seed planted that grows later .

I know,I owe Him all..That He would make such a sacrifice for me..eh o deserved nothing .

His blood washes us..His stripes heals us..

Who am I that He took my Sins on THaT Cross..shed HIS blood .

I am His.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis wades into transgender debate, lam... Wed South Knox Hombre 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 22 Married in 10,204
News Pope Francis' Remarks Disappoint Gay and Transg... Aug 4 Leon 2
News The Pope s War Aug 2 The Proclaimer 1
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Aug 1 Bob 1
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' (Feb '16) Jul '16 make Donald Drump... 47
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul '16 Crusader 4
More from around the web