Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 567,332
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#472125 Aug 20, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Word that was preached in the Early Churches beginning with the 1st Church at Antioch WAS ALL ORAL!! The ORAL teachings from the Apostoles that was handed down to them by Jesus HIMSELF!! THERE WAS NO BIBLE!! Jesus NEVER left HIS Apostles or ANY OF HIS FOLLOWERS---"a bible"! In addition: THERE WAS NO WRITTEN WORD (as we know it today), only a few notes, parchments, letters and manuscripts that were gathered by the Early Church Fathers over 350 years after the death of Jesus Christ. If was the Fathers of the Church (who were Catholic) who interpreted those Apostolic letters and notes to "form the Canon of Scripture in 382,393, and 397 AD giving all of us the bible translating it into the vernacular so that it could be read! THERE WAS NO BIBLE (as we know it today) for over 1500 years, until Guetenberg invented the printing press in 1440 AD. Even then, the bible (as we know it today) wasn't available until the 17th century. And so now, you modernistic "self proclaimed bible interpreting editorialists" (fundies)-----(IN YOUR OWN IGNORANCE, DEFIANCE, PRIDE AND REBELLIOUSNESS) claim that the bible is the only source of truth, just because YOU SAY SO!!-----Ox!! You are a repeat story of the Prodigal Son in Luke 15:11-32---again (defiant and rebellious)--that is-- until he finally "came to his senses"!
Your babbling is not supported by Scripture...
The Bible is the ONLY SOURCE of truth that God chose to transmit HIS divine words.
Quote: These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.
They did not search the catechism, the traditions, the maganastrium,the encyclopedia..but only Scripture...which, FYI, is in the Bible.
And: All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
Note: It does not include any other source but only Scripture...
And: All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works
Message: If a man needs more than all Scripture given by inspiration of God...he ain't a man of God..he just says he is....
Nothing you are babbling is supported by Scripture....you only have vain repetitious hollow and meaningless words..

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#472126 Aug 20, 2013
There is an old saying ... "What doesn't break you makes you stronger."

Approximately one million people commit suicide each year.

It seem that life was so difficult for them that it broke them.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#472127 Aug 20, 2013
1 Timothy Chapter 6

3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words,[even] the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;

4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,

5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#472128 Aug 20, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Word that was preached in the Early Churches beginning with the 1st Church at Antioch WAS ALL ORAL!! The ORAL teachings from the Apostoles that was handed down to them by Jesus HIMSELF!! THERE WAS NO BIBLE!! Jesus NEVER left HIS Apostles or ANY OF HIS FOLLOWERS---"a bible"! In addition: THERE WAS NO WRITTEN WORD (as we know it today), only a few notes, parchments, letters and manuscripts that were gathered by the Early Church Fathers over 350 years after the death of Jesus Christ. If was the Fathers of the Church (who were Catholic) who interpreted those Apostolic letters and notes to "form the Canon of Scripture in 382,393, and 397 AD giving all of us the bible translating it into the vernacular so that it could be read! THERE WAS NO BIBLE (as we know it today) for over 1500 years, until Guetenberg invented the printing press in 1440 AD. Even then, the bible (as we know it today) wasn't available until the 17th century. And so now, you modernistic "self proclaimed bible interpreting editorialists" (fundies)-----(IN YOUR OWN IGNORANCE, DEFIANCE, PRIDE AND REBELLIOUSNESS) claim that the bible is the only source of truth, just because YOU SAY SO!!-----Ox!! You are a repeat story of the Prodigal Son in Luke 15:11-32---again (defiant and rebellious)--that is-- until he finally "came to his senses"!
Talk about pride....LOL

Vanderhoof, Canada

#472129 Aug 20, 2013
Life has not yet broke me to the point of suicide ... yet I understand that it is only because my life has been one of more emotional comfort than those who have been broken.

Had I believed I was broken, as has occurred because of religion to so many homosexuals ... I might also have been driven by emotion to commit suicide.

It's not nice to tell others that they offend a god. That teaching kills self-esteem.

We all want to feel that we are important.

Location hidden

#472130 Aug 20, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Oxbow,I read your testimony,and over my 40 plus years of being a believer I have heard some very powerful testimonies of WHAT our Lord does to those who are humble and seeking His Holy Face.Your testimony sounds great and wonderful in that you humbled yourself before your Creator and in the hours when you least expected HIM,HE came to you with what Y O U needed to open the door of your heart to HIM.I in no way would diminish that wondrous moment of discovery for y o u,that truly God exists and that HE cares for you.
Jesus went through quite a bit of trouble,anguish and suffering so that you could have that experience with the God of all creation.Since the Father is pleased in HIS only B E G O T T E N SON,He came to you in your hour of need.I fully respect that and join with you as a brother in Christ the fellowship we can have in Christ because we are born of the same Spirit.
Nevertheless,your disregard for others and what they experienced,your snide remarks,and whatever you got going in your brain,remains a stumbling block to what Christ can do and wants to do for you concerning HIM.Did it ever occur to you that all this garbage about Jesus not being God is a smoke screen from the devil to disconnect you with the rest of the Body of our Lord.The Communion of Saints is all the believing brethren and sisters in Christ,throughout the ages who put their trust in Jesus,and have His testimony on their lives,and whose names are written in the Book of Life,as recorded in Revelation.
Your attitude in plain English is obnoxious.I do not care that this is a thread,a posting where we cannot see each other.You have an arrogance about you Oxbow that I hope will leave you before the Lord takes you home!
I posted an example (One that is representative of a group as a whole: the squirrel, an example of a rodent; introduced each new word with examples of its use. One serving as a pattern of a specific kind: set a good example by arriving on time.A similar case that constitutes a model or precedent: a unique episode, without example in maritime history) of a real Christian's testimony......not mine!!!!

Are there any on this forum whom can read the following and tell me it teaches that Christ is God????

From the Catholic encyclopedia: Jesus Christ the incarnate Son of God redeemer of the human race..

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#472131 Aug 20, 2013
Chaumette wrote:
Have a great day all. This thread made me sleepy.
LOL me sleepy too...

Vanderhoof, Canada

#472132 Aug 20, 2013
Suicide is murder of self. My guess is, the homosexuals that took their own lives hated their selves because they were convinced that the very god that created them, also hated them.

There is much to be said about religion, but from my opinion ... none of it is good.

Location hidden

#472133 Aug 20, 2013
Are there any on this forum whom can read the following and tell me it teaches that Christ is God????

From the Catholic encyclopedia: Jesus Christ the incarnate Son of God redeemer of the human race..

Vanderhoof, Canada

#472134 Aug 20, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything that was written about Jesus in the new testament was written by Catholics FOR Catholics.

I suggest Protestants need to write their own new testament, where they can spread their own lies forth as truth.

Location hidden

#472135 Aug 20, 2013
Hebrews Chapter 1

8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Location hidden

#472136 Aug 20, 2013
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>What is wrong with you? Have you no understanding?
Can anyone be EQUAL with GOD unless HE IS GOD? Jesus Christ has always been fully GOD. Only a sinless one could shed his blood to redeem sinners. And only GOD is sinless. Get a clue and get over yourself and this redicules argument you are trying to make. It is fruitless and it is wrong.
Are you saying??

Yes...Christ being in the form, that is, in the shape and nature of God (as in God the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit) thought it not robbery to having the same quantity, measure, and value as God, proves He is God..

If so...show me the Holy Trinity expressing your belief....

Vanderhoof, Canada

#472137 Aug 20, 2013
I suggest that the Catholics were the first ones to mention the word Christian and Jesus, and that the Gnostic authors simply wrote their own concepts into their literature that they also called "gospels" a short time later by using the Catholic dogmas as a base for their own dogmas.

Ignatius was Catholic.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

An important milestone into development of Christian self-consciousness or Christian self-identity will be the emergence of the word "Christianity." This word appears for the first time in the writings of a church thinker of the early 2nd century of our era named Ignatius, who lived in Western Asia Minor, modern day Western Turkey

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows ...
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

The Gnostic Gospels are a collection of about fifty-two ancient texts based upon the teachings of several spiritual leaders, written from the 2nd to the 4th century AD.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnostic_Gospels

Location hidden

#472138 Aug 20, 2013
Hebrews Chapter 3

7 Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,

8 Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:

9 When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.

10 Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.

11 So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)

12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.

13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

15 While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.

16 For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses.

17 But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wilderness?

18 And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?

19 So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#472139 Aug 20, 2013
Every researcher of religion who wants to believe they know truth will cling to what seems the most exciting.

I remember when I was young, people talking about the Gnostic Jesus gospels as though they had come across the truth that had previously been hidden from them by the nasty Christians.

What a lot of poop.

The Gnostics were split into so many divisive factions as to make their own religious gossip appear as utter folly.

It's human nature to dream of grandeur and owning knowledge ... but I suggest that religion was and is all based on illusion and nothing BUT illusion.
chuck

Dublin, OH

#472140 Aug 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Suicide is murder of self. My guess is, the homosexuals that took their own lives hated their selves because they were convinced that the very god that created them, also hated them.
There is much to be said about religion, but from my opinion ... none of it is good.
Religion isn't good and you are a great example of that. You grew up with religion and that is why you hate those who don't agree with your agenda.

God does not hate homosexuals. It's just nut jobs like you who tell them that.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#472141 Aug 20, 2013
No matter which religion, you are sure to see that word "knowledge" pop up again and again.

More often than not they used the title for their own religions, and used the title of EVIL for other religions.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

The word gnostic comes from the Greek word gnosis, meaning "knowledge"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnostic_Gospels
chuck

Dublin, OH

#472142 Aug 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Life has not yet broke me to the point of suicide ... yet I understand that it is only because my life has been one of more emotional comfort than those who have been broken.
Had I believed I was broken, as has occurred because of religion to so many homosexuals ... I might also have been driven by emotion to commit suicide.
It's not nice to tell others that they offend a god. That teaching kills self-esteem.
We all want to feel that we are important.
Did you ever consider maybe it was your mommy and daddy as to the reason you are the way you are...

I feel sorry for you...honestly

Vanderhoof, Canada

#472143 Aug 20, 2013
If someone in religion suggests that if you join his/her group they will share their "knowledge" with you, I suggest you make tracks in the other direction, as they are up to NO good.

My father sent a lot of money to the Rosicrucian Order, and in return they sent him words such as the following.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

From the book Technique of the Disciple … Andrea … published 1935.

The Cosmic Conception. By Dr. H. Spencer Lewis F.R.C.

Reincarnation! The world’s greatest disputed doctrine. The belief in reincarnation has had millions of intelligent, learned, and tolerant followers throughout the ages. Ringing through the minds and hearts of students, mystics, and thinkers have always been the words; “Why are we here?” Reincarnation has been criticized by some as conflicting with sacred literature and without verification. This book reveals, however, in an astounding manner the many facts to support reincarnation. Quotations from eminent authorities, from Biblical and Sacred works substantiate reincarnation.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#472144 Aug 20, 2013
People can and do play with words to their heart's contents.

My father studied the new testament and found many scriptures that indicated to him that Jesus was simply a reincarnation of other teachers of wisdom.

It's all in the book somewhere or other. Seek and ye shall find.

Tongue in cheek

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Thu Married in 8,868
Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... Jan 21 theidiotsareunited 3
More Jan 20 George 3
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) Jan 20 KidlatNgayon 80
Pope: Don't Breed Like Rabbits. Or Use Birth Co... Jan 20 Weird or What 1
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Jan 19 MS_Singapore 42
Pope Francis alters Philippines visit because o... Jan 17 TheRealOzzy 2
More from around the web