Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646562 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#472383 Aug 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
... And if you dare read the writings of the students of the Apostles, you'd be horrified to learn what that Church is.
Its really Catholic. Its a hierarchy of Bishops, Priests and Deacons much like the Church today. The writings of the early Church are important. They preach nothing like the Christianity you preach. Your Christianity is very foreign. Obviously, Christ understood that you had no idea about His Christianity... You were falsely led to believe it was Jesus, you, and the interpretations of your KJV.
Your intentions might have been noble at one time- perhaps when you thought the CC was the whore of Babylon... but enough is enough. There is no argument against the Catholic Church. They are not the Whore. They didn't kill 50 million people. They didn't prevent the Bible from being read. They don't worship statues. They do not put Mary above Jesus.
Snap out of it man..
Francis- the Bishop of Rome - is a wonderful leader. You should swallow some pride and consider a shepherd besides yourself. He may have some insight that you haven't thought of yet.
Horse thirds....

denomnation: A large group of religious congregations united under a common faith and name and organized under a single administrative and legal hierarchy.

The Roman Catholic church is a denomination of the Christian faith. Christ built not any...none...zilich denominations...He built His church.

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

church: ekklesia, a calling out, i.e.(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly, church.

Therefore...any....bar none...Christian congregation or an assembly of, is the church Christ built.

The NABre poop arroved Catlick bible: Church: this word (Greek ekkl&#275;sia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesus’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

Therefore...any....bar none...Christian congregation or an assembly of, is the church Christ built

The SBC teaches:
A New Testament church of the Lord Jesus Christ is an autonomous local congregation of baptized believers, associated by covenant in the faith and fellowship of the gospel; observing the two ordinances of Christ, governed by His laws, exercising the gifts, rights, and privileges invested in them by His Word, and seeking to extend the gospel to the ends of the earth. Each congregation operates under the Lordship of Christ through democratic processes. In such a congregation each member is responsible and accountable to Christ as Lord. Its scriptural officers are pastors and deacons. While both men and women are gifted for service in the church, the office of pastor is limited to men as qualified by Scripture.

The New Testament speaks also of the church as the Body of Christ which includes all of the redeemed of all the ages, believers from every tribe, and tongue, and people, and nation.

Therefore...any....bar none...Christian congregation or an assembly of, is the church Christ built

The catlick encyclopdia: church: The term church is the name employed in the Teutonic languages to render the Greek ekklesia (ecclesia), the term by which the New Testament writers denote the society founded by Jesus Christ....

Location hidden

#472384 Aug 21, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You wrote
The word Church is not in the KJV.
The word CHURCH is found in the KING JAMES BIBLE..
79 verses found, 80 TIMES
Matthew 2 verses found
Acts 18 verses found
Romans 4 verses found
1 Corinthians 16 verses found
2 Corinthians 1 verse found
Galatians 1 verse found
Ephesians 9 verses found
Philippians 2 verses found
Colossians 4 verses found
1 Thessalonians 1 verse found
2 Thessalonians 1 verse found
1 Timothy 3 verses found
2 Timothy 1 verse found
Titus 1 verse found
Philemon 1 verse found
Hebrews 2 verses found
James 1 verse found
1 Peter 1 verse found
3 John 3 verses found
Revelation 7 verses found
You need to learn something about the Bible before you attempt to teach it...
Horse thirds:

Mt 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.{Peter: this name signifies a rock}
Mt 18:17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

Show me "Church" in these verses....

Location hidden

#472385 Aug 21, 2013
If you are a real Christian You will believe God's word.
Which is the chronicle of the life death and resurrection of Jesus Christ ..THE SON OF GOD...
Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Heb_11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him:
for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and
that he is a rewarder of them
that diligently seek him.
Rom_14:23 ,,,, for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.
Gal_3:12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.
Are you now acknowledging the truth in God's Word, or is this a typo?????

Quote: If you are a real Christian You will believe God's word.

Which is the chronicle of the life death and resurrection of Jesus Christ ..THE SON OF GOD...

Location hidden

#472386 Aug 21, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
TO BE BORN AGAIN...
GOD DOES NOT REQUIRE BELIEVING IN EARTHLY DENOMINATIONS...
such as you have named above..
The Bible says...
Act_16:31 And they said,
=-->Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved,<--= and thy house.
Get back on your oxygen!!!!! You are several pounds low!!!

This has nothing to do with being born again..

Do you deny the teaching of Catholics, as well as the SBC: Jesus Christ the Son of God redeemer of the human race???

Care to respond to my question????

Location hidden

#472387 Aug 21, 2013
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Your position is as ignorant as your assumption that I and everyone else is a 'catlick'. FYI I am a member of a Southern Baptist Church. I am done trying to reason with you. You are only interested in argueing, I am not.

Ah said:
Not arguing...stating facts: The Holy Trinity is three....not one...!!!!

As pointed out...you are in a heavy fog....I can be equal to Mike Tyson....but that does not mean I am Mike....it does mean whatever Mike can do...so can I...

Am still waiting to see you express the Holy Trinity with Christ being God and God being Christ...Is there a problem????

BTW: Do not you believe this teaching: Christ is the eternal Son of God. In His incarnation as Jesus Christ He was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. Jesus perfectly revealed and did the will of God, taking upon Himself human nature with its demands and necessities and identifying Himself completely with mankind yet without sin.

And 4gvn said:---------
marge

Leesburg, GA

#472388 Aug 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
... And if you dare read the writings of the students of the Apostles, you'd be horrified to learn what that Church is.
Its really Catholic. Its a hierarchy of Bishops, Priests and Deacons much like the Church today. The writings of the early Church are important. They preach nothing like the Christianity you preach. Your Christianity is very foreign. Obviously, Christ understood that you had no idea about His Christianity... You were falsely led to believe it was Jesus, you, and the interpretations of your KJV.
Your intentions might have been noble at one time- perhaps when you thought the CC was the whore of Babylon... but enough is enough. There is no argument against the Catholic Church. They are not the Whore. They didn't kill 50 million people. They didn't prevent the Bible from being read. They don't worship statues. They do not put Mary above Jesus.
Snap out of it man..
Francis- the Bishop of Rome - is a wonderful leader. You should swallow some pride and consider a shepherd besides yourself. He may have some insight that you haven't thought of yet.
no thanks,

we'll stick with Jesus forever. Blessings
marge

Leesburg, GA

#472389 Aug 21, 2013
Jesus is the Lord our God.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#472390 Aug 21, 2013
He was in the beginng with God, all things were made through Him, and without Him was not anything made that was made.

Location hidden

#472391 Aug 21, 2013
I asked Atemcowboy:
Do you deny this teaching? "Christ is the eternal Son of God. In His incarnation as Jesus Christ He was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. Jesus perfectly revealed and did the will of God, taking upon Himself human nature with its demands and necessities and identifying Himself completely with mankind yet without sin.

His answer:
Oxbore, I learned a LONG TIME AGO, that I don't have to impress one person, all that I have to do is state the truth.and as far as you are concerned, not ONE person on here is IMPRESSED WITH YOU,and if I were YOU(thanks be unto God that I am)I WOULD BE MORE WORRIED ABOUT MY SOUL THAN YOU ARE NOW

He claims to be a "man called of God".....As a Christian, what grade to you give him regards his answer to my question??

Location hidden

#472392 Aug 21, 2013
marge wrote:
Jesus is the Lord our God.
Show me the Holy Trinity expressing your belief....
Clay

Garden City, MI

#472393 Aug 22, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
no thanks,
we'll stick with Jesus forever. Blessings
You'll 'stick with Jesus forever' but ignore His teachings? You'll stick with Him, but wage a war against His Church? You'll stick with Jesus, but trash His Mother, Peter, the Holy Eucharist and everything else that appears 'Catholic'?

How long are you guys going to pretend, that Jesus Christ willed for you to interpret His teachings yourselves, based on the writings of a few of His Apostles? Really, that's all you're doing at this point is 'pretending'.
youtubeNews

AOL

#472394 Aug 22, 2013

ISRAEL to give POPE "Custody" of Temple Mount --

http://youtu.be/Qt9kEQB4ti8

LTM

Sutton, Canada

#472395 Aug 22, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The word Church is not in the KJV....Christ built His church..
Defined as: a calling out, i.e.(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly, church.
Therefore...any....bar none...Christian congregation or an assembly of, is the church Christ built.
Matthew 16:18

King James Version (KJV)

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my (church;) and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Many dispensationalists have said, "Israel is not the Church and the Church is not Israel." A lot of doctrines and eschatology are built upon this premise. Yet when one examines Scripture itself, one is surprised to discover that Israel in the Old Testament is repeatedly called the "church." In Acts 7 Stephen tips us off to this fact:
•This is that Moses, which ... was in the (church) in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina.(Acts 7:37, 38)
Clay

Garden City, MI

#472396 Aug 22, 2013
There is no way any of you still subscribe to what you're preaching. Not even Preston. At this point, your just fooling yourselves. That's the saddest thing about fundie Christians and 911 conspiracy theorist. Ignorance is the only thing fueling it.
LTM

Sutton, Canada

#472398 Aug 22, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Horse thirds:
Mt 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.{Peter: this name signifies a rock}
Mt 18:17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.
Show me "Church" in these verses....
Oxbow did you read these verses

Mt 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my "CHURCH"; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.{Peter: this name signifies a rock}
Mt 18:17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the "CHURCH": but if he neglect to hear the "CHURCH", let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.
CHURCH, DOES SPELL CHURCH.
LTM

Sutton, Canada

#472399 Aug 22, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
You wrote
The word Church is not in the KJV.
The word CHURCH is found in the KING JAMES BIBLE..
79 verses found, 80 TIMES
Matthew 2 verses found
Acts 18 verses found
Romans 4 verses found
1 Corinthians 16 verses found
2 Corinthians 1 verse found
Galatians 1 verse found
Ephesians 9 verses found
Philippians 2 verses found
Colossians 4 verses found
1 Thessalonians 1 verse found
2 Thessalonians 1 verse found
1 Timothy 3 verses found
2 Timothy 1 verse found
Titus 1 verse found
Philemon 1 verse found
Hebrews 2 verses found
James 1 verse found
1 Peter 1 verse found
3 John 3 verses found
Revelation 7 verses found
You need to learn something about the Bible before you attempt to teach it...
Thanks for all the verses Confrinting, do you think He will read them.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#472400 Aug 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Snap out of it man..
~~~
The Holy Spirit (the third person of the God head,

Whom you ignore, and evidently do not believe exist,)

has more intelligence than all of those you recommend.

AFTER ALL HE IS GOD

I will let Him be my mentor, GUIDE AND TEACHER..

JESUS DID NOT LIE WHEN HE SAID...

Joh 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

Joh 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Joh 16:9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;
Joh 16:10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;

NOTE-->your universal prince THAT SPEAKS OF HIMSELF has already been judged..<--

Joh 16:11 Of judgment, because -->the prince of this world is judged.

Joh 16:12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come,
he will guide you into all truth: for

he shall not speak of himself;

-->THE HOLY SPIRIT SPEAKS ...ONLY...
WHAT HE HEARS FROM GOD THE FATHER, AND REVEALS IT TO US.<--

but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

--->HE DOESN'T GLORIFY ANY EARTHLY DENOMINATION...HE GLORIFIES JESUS.

AND REVEALS HIM TO US...<---

Joh 16:14 -->He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

SORRY ABOUT THE ATTEMPTED USURPATION OF THE KINGDOM OF

GOD, BY THE ROMAN CATHOLIC RELIGIOUS SYSTEM

AND THEIR ATTEMPTING TO PLAY GOD...

ONE DAY SOON ....YOU WILL LEARN THAT ALL THING BELONG TO JESUS...

FOR HE IS OUR ROCK...NOT PETER THE PEBBLE.

Joh 16:15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#472401 Aug 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
There is no way any of you still subscribe to what you're preaching. Not even Preston. At this point, your just fooling yourselves. That's the saddest thing about fundie Christians and 911 conspiracy theorist. Ignorance is the only thing fueling it.
what are you talking about? I don't believe in "conspiracy theories" nor do I believe the lies that your church leaders have taught you idiots for centuries.

your church is founded on the Blood of saints that have stood against your satanic leaders.

You know it and so do I!!!!!!!!

and someday soon, Jesus will destroy your church at the Vatican.LOL

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#472402 Aug 22, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow did you read these verses
Mt 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my "CHURCH"; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.{Peter: this name signifies a rock}
Mt 18:17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the "CHURCH": but if he neglect to hear the "CHURCH", let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.
CHURCH, DOES SPELL CHURCH.
I think and I believe that we, the Born Again Church on this Forum should now consider and pronounce Oxbore a "Heathen".

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#472403 Aug 22, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for all the verses Confrinting, do you think He will read them.
~~~

I doubt it...

He only speaks of/for himself..

He evidently just wants to argue..

___

I must go be with my wife...in the rehabilitation facility,

I will return later today...

BLESSINGS

G I F.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 35 min Mr Sir 10,160
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May '16 Gods r Delusions ... 4
News Pope Francis eases way for divorced Catholics w... May '16 truth 54
News Pope Francis meets top Sunni cleric May '16 Bullet Proof Pope 1
More from around the web