Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 22,782)

Showing posts 455,621 - 455,640 of512,090
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
Are there any on this forum whom can read the following and tell me it teaches that Christ is God????
Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
First of all Oxbow,I totally agree with atemcowboy here.

Since God is Spirit,we human beings do not have even the slightest IDEA the Form of the BEING that God is in Spirit.Since we are created in His image,we all have a form of what was from the beginning concerning God,Angels and human beings.But for Jesus this Form of being God was before Abraham,and before the world was made.But in His human form and as a MAN,Jesus knowing the limitations of His finite body in comparison to the OMNI-Present Father,STILL did not consider it blasphemy or as the Scripture says robbery,to be equal with His Father.

The glory is that Jesus knowing full well who He was and is,limited by a human body,remains one with His Father and asks His Father to glorify Him as well.John 17 declared Jesus glorified with His Father in the mind,that will soon be fulfilled in His sacrifice and death on the Cross.

Isaiah 7:14 Immanuel God with us.
Matthew 1:21 Emmanuel God with us.
Isaiah 9:6-7 Mighty God,Everlasting Father,Prince of Peace.
Jeremiah 23:5-6 The King rules with wisdom and justice,Righteous Branch,The Lord our Righteousness.

Matthew 22:41-46 Jesus challenged the JEWS who considered that the Messiah was the Son of David.YET David says Yahweh(the LORD) spoke to my Lord.
Micah 5:2 Bethlehem the birth place of "My king who is alive from everlasting ages past."
Exodus 3:14 John 8:58 BEFORE Abraham was I am.
Psalm 2:12 The Son, Kiss His feet.
Matthew 14:33 "You truly are the Son of God" Awestruck the disciples stated such. Why did Jesus not deny the fact that He was proclaimed the Son of God?
John 5:17,18 and 23 Jesus called God His Father,which stirred up the Pharisees.
John 10:30, Jesus declares God is His Father.The Jews at that time refraimed from calling God their Father,rather they called Abraham their father.They hated Jesus for being so familiar with God that He should call Him His Father.

How does Jesus a man have the right to give ETERNAL LIFE to anyone?
John 6:27,33,40,54.
John 17:2. Eternal Life.
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
My words are supported by Scripture....do you want me to show you the Words of Christ referring to the seven (7) churches, none of which did He referred to as Catholic, Roman Catholic, Catholic Church?
Show me, in any of my posts, my own personal distorted, twisted and warped opinions that are laced with deception, lies and heresy!
You can't...because they ain't no such!!!!!
The TRUTH of TRUE Apostolic Church History, recorded, written and documented from the vast majority of accredited Church Historians and Apologistic History authors and writers (both Catholic and Protestant)TOTALLY debunk, refute, reject, disprove and repudiate EVERYTHING you claim to be true regarding Jesus Christ historically and biblically PROVEN One True Catholic Church.. You are like "every other (confused) Protestant bible only (fundie)" who thrives on "inventing and making up" your own (21st century) perverted Church History book of lies and myths, by distorting the truth of over 2000 years of TRUE CHURCH History!!!..... You, Ox have become an (expert) at spreading your (modernistic) anti-catholic "fabricated bible interpretation" and "create" your own Church History book as you go along!! As a former bible only Protestant---"I know the bible only "game" all too well. It is game of Protestant deception, deceit and fabricated lies about the Catholic Church, the bible and TRUE Church History!!
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
So - based upon your post above - "I do not have a religion,I have a relationship with the Triune God,Father,Son and Holy Spirit.There is no speculation on my part that they truly exist." - you accept all texts that have teachings by Jesus included in them, right?
A yes or no answer will suffice.
Sorry I know where you are going NASL.Yes I know about the gnostic gospels or whatever they are called.When I took the time to read some of them,the words of Jesus I recognized from the Scriptures I naturally accept.But it is not a yes or no answer to give you the satisfaction of promoting those gnostic writings,which I personally cannot endorse them.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Had you been raised a Muslim you would be MOVED by the dogmas of Islam and you would be worshipping in a mosque.
Chances are you would be waiting for the 12th Imam to come to earth to save you.
Religion is "simply" how you take to specific indoctrination.
There, are,Muslims,today turning to Christ ..even in danger of death

Fir it ..saw,two lovely Iranian women on TV ...we're,in prison

Tormented to give up..they did not...pressure from the outside Christians,and politics,..including the Vatican ..got them out .

What courage..if the SPIRIT speaks,to your heart JUNE.

IF people are,put in your path telling you the,TRUTH OF Our Saviour .

If you are a Muslim..a Hindu ..or an atheist on Topix.

A wise person will answer ..

Why do you stay so close to us,June ..

Reading and analyzing our Faith .

It's. Not a MIND THING ...stop picking it apart ..And just allow for the possibility there is a reason ..Salvation...yours,..That you come here every day .

GOD BLESS you June

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
No I don't entertain that Idea.
I know that I know, that I know.
If only you could understand.
That is why the Lord suffered and died on the cross.
Am I perfect?
Absolutely not!
That is why I have an advocate with the Father,Jesus Christ the righteous.
I call on Him and He gives me sweet peace.
A peace that passes all understanding.
He forgives and is merciful.
Amen ..And,God bless you
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
There is not one word in Scripture that supports your nonsense...zilch...
There is NOT ONE shred of evidence recorded, written and documented in ANY TRUE Apostolic Church History books, that have been compiled from the vast majority of highly accredited and renoun Church Historian writers (including Apologist History authors and writers (from both Catholic and Protestant) "for over 200 years" that supports ANY of your 21st century (bogus) anti-catholic (concocted, fabricated and made-up)opinions!!!!
NONE WHAT-SO-EVER!!!! You CONTINUE to have "no idea" as to what you are talking about Ox, which is "no surprise" to ANY of us Catholics!!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>The Baptism in the Holy Spirit
edited for space
Excerpt in part of a real Christian testimony:
So near age 35 (in 1980), I was a wreck. I was facing death by essentially my own choosing, and I wasn't convinced in my heart that I would go to heaven (if there was such a place: my doubt expressing itself at the time). My marriage had essentially dissolved; my life was in shambles. I had two precious children who did not have a suitable father and an emotionally strained wife who did not have a suitable husband. I had reached a place in my life where I felt like the first 35 years of my life had pretty much been mental hell, and I didn't look forward to spending the last 35 years of my life experiencing the same. Death seemed the only way out, yet I really didn't want to die either. All I really wanted was to have a purpose for living that I just wasn't able to find, no matter how hard I tried, and a little happiness that lasted longer than another alcohol high.
Is there really a Heaven and a Hell?
Despair descended upon me, and fear of dying began to suddenly plague my thoughts. What if there really WAS a heaven and a hell? How could I actually prove there wasn't? Furthermore, if there actually was a heaven and a hell, once on the other side, what assurance did I have of having a second chance to get right with God? All I had ever done was live for myself. What would God find in me that would make Him want to let me be in heaven with Him? I had no valid reasons I could come up with. My despair eventually turned to desperation.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

To Pad..testimony continued..

Though I had cried out to God all night long starting on a Thursday night with nothing happening -- everything culminated two mornings later.
Backing up -- I went to bed that Friday evening, like I had done the night before, and started crying out to Jesus Christ ... if there was a Jesus Christ who could hear me, or wanted to hear me. "Let me know you are real! I do want to serve the real God, but I've got to know you are real! I've got to know that what the Bible says about you is true! I've got to know if you really care for me!" I cried and agonized to God until the wee hours of dawn, but all I heard was silence. "God...do you even hear me?"
More silence ...
I finally gave up. What a fool I felt I had been to cry out like this all night long, I rationalized - thinking that maybe - just maybe - God would have compassion on me and somehow reveal His reality to me in a way that I wasn't so doubtful and confused about Him.
It was just starting to break day that early Saturday morning and then it happened! The bedroom instantly became about 30% brighter. I looked for a light to be on but none was! I thought maybe the sun was now up and I had fallen asleep and had wakened hours later, but the clock said differently. No - I wasn't imagining it nor was I dreaming it. The light was real! It was of equal intensity throughout the room. An invisible presence was in my room. The reason I know so was because an indescribable love was so strong in that room that it seemed there was not enough room to contain it all! I felt like I was being shoved back by a big hand into my bed, the love was so strong. And I knew - don't ask me how I knew - I just knew that I knew that it was the presence of Jesus Christ in my room!
GOD IS REAL!
At that moment He spoke very powerfully to me. Not audibly, I don't think, but powerfully to my inner being (I've come to realize He spoke to my spirit, which is a common way for Him to speak to people). The intensity of it was so strong though that it might just have well of been audible. He told me what I had to do to make my relationship work with Him. Then instantly all the anguish and pain and misery and confusion and doubt of a lifetime was sucked out of me. And all that was left was peace. Sweet beautiful peace ... and knowing that God is real.
Then the room instantly was darkened again as before. And the presence of Christ was now gone. The whole thing didn't take more than a few brief moments to happen, but happen it did! I was now a believer! Moments later, I pulled the covers off from me, sat on the side of the bed, and made a solemn vow to God. I said, "Thank you, Lord, for revealing yourself to me in a way that I can believe in you. I know I don't deserve what has just happened here, and I promise to serve you the rest of my life. I'll do whatever you ask me to do."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Are there any on this forum whom can read the following and tell me it teaches that Christ is God????

Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Jesus is been tempted in many and all aspect..please tell me..is someone other not..yes it is..

remember righteousness people don't have rights for nothing its start here in this country too..

yee god is upon all of us..pray for someone be patients..not to be stupid do what have to do..this world go far away then have to be wrong..

heaven is high upon us one day not will be..

this planet can be less then child marble..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your own "personal opinionate interpretation" of Sacred Scripture is just one more of your 42,000+ contradicting and inconsistent BOGUS "relative truths" that you bible only "fundies" are so famous for!! Show us ALL where it says that the Bible is the ONLY SOURCE of truth that God chose to transmit HIS divine words!!! You won't find it ANYWHERE because this false (heretical) doctrine was NEVER believed by ANYONE until the 18th century.
!!! Again- you "fundies" have "conjured up" these false and distorted idea on your own, just like you have with EVERYTHING else that you "spew out" on this forum!! I lived this bible only Protestant lie for over 35 years before coming to the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church. Your not fooling ANYBODY Ox, except yourself!!!
Your babbling is not support by Scripture...you cannot show me
any contradicting and inconsistent BOGUS "relative truths" in my posts.

The Bible is the ONLY SOURCE of truth that God chose to transmit HIS divine words.

Quote: These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

They did not search the catechism, the traditions, the maganastrium,the encyclopedia..but only Scripture...which, FYI, is in the Bible.

And: All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
Note: It does not include any other source but only Scripture...

And: All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works

Message: If a man needs more than all Scripture given by inspiration of God...he ain't a man of God..he just says he is....

Nothing you are babbling is supported by Scripture....you only have vain repetitious hollow and meaningless words..

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
Jesus never called himself "God".

Why should you?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>First of all Oxbow,I totally agree with atemcowboy here.
Since God is Spirit,we human beings do not have even the slightest IDEA the Form of the BEING that God is in Spirit.Since we are created in His image,we all have a form of what was from the beginning concerning God,Angels and human beings.But for Jesus this Form of being God was before Abraham,and before the world was made.But in His human form and as a MAN,Jesus knowing the limitations of His finite body in comparison to the OMNI-Present Father,STILL did not consider it blasphemy or as the Scripture says robbery,to be equal with His Father.
The glory is that Jesus knowing full well who He was and is,limited by a human body,remains one with His Father and asks His Father to glorify Him as well.John 17 declared Jesus glorified with His Father in the mind,that will soon be fulfilled in His sacrifice and death on the Cross.
Isaiah 7:14 Immanuel God with us.
Matthew 1:21 Emmanuel God with us.
Isaiah 9:6-7 Mighty God,Everlasting Father,Prince of Peace.
Jeremiah 23:5-6 The King rules with wisdom and justice,Righteous Branch,The Lord our Righteousness.
Matthew 22:41-46 Jesus challenged the JEWS who considered that the Messiah was the Son of David.YET David says Yahweh(the LORD) spoke to my Lord.
Micah 5:2 Bethlehem the birth place of "My king who is alive from everlasting ages past."
Exodus 3:14 John 8:58 BEFORE Abraham was I am.
Psalm 2:12 The Son, Kiss His feet.
Matthew 14:33 "You truly are the Son of God" Awestruck the disciples stated such. Why did Jesus not deny the fact that He was proclaimed the Son of God?
John 5:17,18 and 23 Jesus called God His Father,which stirred up the Pharisees.
John 10:30, Jesus declares God is His Father.The Jews at that time refraimed from calling God their Father,rather they called Abraham their father.They hated Jesus for being so familiar with God that He should call Him His Father.
How does Jesus a man have the right to give ETERNAL LIFE to anyone?
John 6:27,33,40,54.
John 17:2. Eternal Life.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I am not being dishonest,I am sparing you the opportunity to JUDGE both me,my life and how God is involved in my life.
I'm not judging you, I am pointing out where you aren't stating the truth, or in the least - addressing that you know you aren't telling the truth.

If I ask for you r to give evidence of what you say, I would expect you not only be honest with me, but with yourself.

It is a far cry to come across a honest "Christian".
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I believe in the Canon of the OLD and NEW Covenants,no I am not able to prove with many facts why I believe them.
...and yet you think that the laws of the OT are still "believable" and "truth".

Again, I doubt you agree that this is truth. If you do agree with me, then that is just one instance that you cannot claim as being "truth". But can you be honest enough to admit it and live by it - or will you tell me one thing and then live by another?

Only you know the answer to this.

Self.
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>But because I rely on the Lord,when I read His Word,my soul is challenged,blest,and I often experience His Peace,which passes all understanding.
All products of things you did - Self.
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>You have a curiosity that can only be satisfied by God Himself,maybe it is about time in your journey to submit to Him and find out what He wants you to know?
You are projecting again. You have no idea on what journey I've been on, nor do you know what level of success I have had on that journey.

Don't do this Pad, because it does show that you have some overpowering influence that can help anyone. How is that? BY just you posting in a public forum? By what you say?

Again we have arrived at all products of Self.

Although you have proven the title of this forum is not true. How you may asked, you have shown that there is another path to salvation - through your version and not using the RCC.

Good for you!
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no gun to your head to make you read what I post.
And why are shouting??? Are you nervous about something?

nOT YELLING I HAVE A BRAIN TUMOR IT EFFECTS MY EYE SIGHT.
I NEED TO SET MY FONTS ON A LARGER SETTING.
THIS IS A NEW COMPUTER I HAVE TO HAVE SOMEONE TO PUT ALL THE PROGRAMS IN FOR ME.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Bible support many things what you don't understood..action and reaction...small things and big things.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The word is boast ... not boost.
Why are you boasting?
YOUR RIGHT tHANKS

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
There, are,Muslims,today turning to Christ ..even in danger of death
Islam is the fastest-growing religion in England and Wales, according to new census data that the British government says "describes the defining characteristics of the population, who we are, how we live and what we do."

The census data shows that the number of Christians in England and Wales declined by 11%(4.1 million) during the past decade, from 37.3 million in 2001 to 33.2 million in 2011.

During the same period, the Muslim population in England and Wales increased by 80%(1.2 million), from 1.5 million in 2001 to 2.7 million in 2011, making it the second-largest religion in Britain.

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/3500/islam-...

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

So - based upon your post above - "I do not have a religion,I have a relationship with the Triune God,Father,Son and Holy Spirit.There is no speculation on my part that they truly exist." - you accept all texts that have teachings by Jesus included in them, right?
A yes or no answer will suffice.
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry I know where you are going NASL.Yes I know about the gnostic gospels or whatever they are called.When I took the time to read some of them,the words of Jesus I recognized from the Scriptures I naturally accept.But it is not a yes or no answer to give you the satisfaction of promoting those gnostic writings,which I personally cannot endorse them.
"But it is not a yes or no answer to give you the satisfaction of promoting those gnostic writings,which I personally cannot endorse them."

Of course you can't, and you know the truth of the matter, but can't even be honest enough to admit it.

Like I said, you are a follower of men, because they have chosen a belief for you.

I can see why the story of Jesus tries so hard to show how he tried to tell the Jewish people the same thing.

Look what they did to him. Then notice how he had the last word as well - "For they know not what they do."

Honesty is what Jesus taught, but yet it is a treasure that no one seeks.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

The number of people who say they have no religious affiliation jumped by 83%, from 7.7 million in 2001 to 14.4 million in 2011. In proportional terms, this would imply that one-quarter of people in England and Wales now identify as being non-religious.

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/3500/islam-...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 455,621 - 455,640 of512,090
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••