Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 586629 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#471975 Aug 19, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Are there any on this forum whom can read the following and tell me it teaches that Christ is God????
Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
~~~
ARGUING Whether....

Jesus is God or not,..... will not DRAW A SINNER TO REPENTANCE...

TO THE UNREGENERATED IT IS MOOT...

THEY COULD NOT CARE LESS...

~~~~

IF YOU ARE A REAL CHRISTIAN...LIVING THE EXAMPLE WHILE

PRESENTING THE WORD OF GOD...

SO THAT THE HOLY SPIRIT CAN (CONVICT THE UN SAVED)...

GIVE THEM THE REVELATION THAT THEY ARE

SINNERS ...

IN NEED OF SALVATION ...SHOULD THAT NOT BE BE YOUR PRIORITY ?...

JESUS SAID...

Joh_12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

Winning souls that are facing eternal damnation IN HELL..

is of greater importance than your contentions.

Wisdom and meekness.
Men are naturally fond of a reputation for superior understanding and wisdom.

Here, then, is the best way to show the real possession of such superiority;

not by a forward self-consequence

—a self-commendatory, and over-eager desire to dictate to others from the teacher’s chair;

not by a magisterial dogmatism of manner;

not by a lofty and supercilious contempt of other men and their views and modes of instruction;

not by a keen, contentious, overbearing zeal.

No; let the man of “knowledge” and “wisdom”

show his possession of these attributes—

acquaintance with truth, and

sound discretion to direct to the right use of it—

by keeping his station, and studying to adorn it.

Let him, first of all,maintain

“a good conversation”

—or course of conduct,

private and public—

a conversation upright and holy, in full harmony with the genuine influence of Divine truth, and

“let Him show, out of such a conversation, his works”—

the practical results of his knowledge and professed faith.

These “works” consisted in

active conformity to the duties required by Divine precept, in all the various relations of life, more private or more public. And these “works” were to be shown “with meekness of wisdom”—that is, with the meekness by which genuine wisdom is ever distinguished.

Vanity is one of the marks of a weak mind.

Humility and gentleness are the invariable associates of true wisdom.

The two were united, in their respective fulness of perfection,

in the blessed Jesus.

Let the man, then,

who would have a character for true wisdom manifest

in his entire deportment

“the meekness and gentleness of Christ.”(H. Wardlaw, D. D.)
4GVN

Jackson, MO

#471976 Aug 19, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
Are there any on this forum whom can read the following and tell me it teaches that Christ is God????
Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
What is wrong with you? Have you no understanding?
Can anyone be EQUAL with GOD unless HE IS GOD? Jesus Christ has always been fully GOD. Only a sinless one could shed his blood to redeem sinners. And only GOD is sinless. Get a clue and get over yourself and this redicules argument you are trying to make. It is fruitless and it is wrong.
truth

Perth, Australia

#471977 Aug 19, 2013
mind of people say it is within them..
when herod hear child will be born..
he ordered to be killed..

when you hear that someone try destroy your people nation what you will do..no limite on every action reaction..

why someone liked be smart holy this or that then others..

remember
you neglected your god

#471978 Aug 19, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Ooooohhhh....a "metaphor war!!"
Ooooohhh.....I so like this game!!
:o)
<quoted text>
You haven't been paying attention then.
Bummer for you.
<quoted text>
Only for the "clambake"....
You wouldn't know what the pearls look like if it at your feet, though I have tried.
To find the pearls in life requires to shed the arrogance and prestigious make-up that men put on.
You seem to have a problem doing so.
BTW - the pearl is always there for the taking - you just can't let yourself get in the way of retrieving it.
<quoted text>
You are wrong again, GiF.
I'm not the one who dismisses Jesus. You are.
I'm not the one who allows men to choose for me, what "God's" inspiration is limited to. But you are.
Have you ever really examined yourself as your "Paul" requires?
<quoted text>
No I haven't. Jesus doesn't bring any eternal death, that would be a function of the material world we live in. We all are going to die. BTW - since you think this, then y ou don't understand what Jesus taught, because he supposedly taught how we transcend to an eternal 'life'.
Where are you getting that from? Oh yeah - men.
You shouldn't be so negative. But that is an issue Christianity wants to instill upon you.
- Shoot - continue to be negative, you will always want to look up to someone...else for help. Jesus doesn't like people who can't help themselves.
<quoted text>
All out of context.....but you already knew that, because you are out to deceive others.
Please post where "God" specifically states which texts are inspired and which are not.
~~~

THE BIBLE SAYS

Jud_1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

SINCE YOU DENY

EARNESTLY CONTENDING..FOR

the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

PRESENT ANOTHER JESUS

AND CONTEND FOR FABLES AND CONJECTURE...

YOU WASTE YOUR ENERGY ...EXERCISING YOU FINGERS...

POSTING TO ME...

THE BIBLE INSTRUCTS ME CONCERNING THOSE SUCH AS YOURSELF....

Tit 3:10 A man that is an here tick after the first and second admonition reject;

Tit 3:11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.
truth

Perth, Australia

#471979 Aug 19, 2013
provee
that you are god

jump down call your angels

mr or mrs apron will waith you there..
or angeline cure fine..

Are you for sure?

forgive me if you could..

it is written
everything have time..for to be born as well others things and so on..

someone can calculated..

Did you stolen something from your real Creator?
then read about
'deceivers and possessors'..all nice liars with them accusers too..

byyyyyyyyyyyy

not lift up your soul in vain

something will be left..
truth

Perth, Australia

#471980 Aug 19, 2013
others liked meekness..

Jesus Christ words is perfect..

they will come as thief in night..
knock knock

its not me..

be to warn
they will come nicely ..deceive you..
be warn about that
nicely peacefully
as well with violence and war..

its some

please tell me why i am wrong..

Jesus Christ word is perfect.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#471981 Aug 19, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.bing.com/videos/search...
:oP
From the goodness of one c. survivor - cheer up and smell the roses chica!!....and go see some guy in a gorilla outfit for "God's" sake!
:o)
We only live once - enjoy the moment, for any other is a free one!
- Anonymous
I do not have cancer, I have a tumor
hojo

Hopkins, MN

#471982 Aug 19, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible teaches it is the only authority on God's Word...no other source is needed...such as:TRUE Apostolic Church History books...Church Historian writers (including Apologist History authors and writers.....
Ox----this is just more of your bible only BS!..... NOWHERE in Sacred Scripture does it say that the bible is the ONLY authority, the only source that God chose to transmit HIS divine and inspired word!........ You throw "lies" around this forum, somehow hoping that none of us Catholics know what the bible teaches!!..... You are a typical "Protestant fundamental" deceiver of the truth of scripture, just "making it up" as you go along! You have "absolutely not idea" as to what you are talking about!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#471983 Aug 19, 2013
yee
many have that tumor or cancer.. we know that we have to go..one day by day and many days..how many days and how many going..still is here from all eternity still going somewhere people and everything what is alive..still flows as river..
but many say it will be..
yes it will be..
yes they say again and again and again and many years century thousands years see..go go love your god and be with your god..but many going and many destruction coming..as well many left..where..

Go follow your Master..how many you have?

Don't cry over destiny of poor people God know why is like that..we not care..
no..why should be..

why you worried your god say..
vanity vanity vanity everything vanity under sky..
hojo

Hopkins, MN

#471984 Aug 19, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>

Example: Christ spoke to the seven (7) churches of which He did not refer to any one of them as "Catholic " "catholic" "Roman Catholic" Catholic Church"....because none where!!!!!
You, Ox are a bible only (blow-hard) that throws out "more whoppers" than Burger King and in addition has "no idea" as to what you are talking about!......... Where does it say IN THE BIBLE that every word, every phrase, every sentence MUST BE IN THE BIBLE in order for it to be true!...... This is YOUR OWN (DISTORTED, FALSE, CONCOCTED---IDEA, that you "fundies" have made up!!! Where is the word trinity, where is the word bible, where are the words of the Apostles Creed, where are the words sola scriptura, where are the words bible only!!!......

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#471985 Aug 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are certain that being "born again" guarantees salvation???
If I was a god that created good and evil, and I observed the fact that you decided on your own that you were worthy of heaven and others were fodder for hell ... I would relegate you to the hell that you were certain was deserved for others.
Now THAT theology makes complete sense to me.
Arrogance deserves to learn humility, and a god that created good and evil knows how to balance the "scales of justice."
Ya see ... I don't believe in hell or heaven ... so I believe that if a creator actually does exist, the scenarios will carry on in a hereafter the same as occurs on earth, as it is obvious that the creator enjoys his/her creation of suffering.
From my perspective, religion is BUNK.
I am not being arrogant.

As I said,anyone can be religious about anything.

Your religious about atheism.

I don't condemn anyone to hell,it's not my place to do so.

Who am I to judge others?

All I know is what I believe.

Now you can go on and on but I will never turn my back on the ONE who saved me.

He's been to good to me and also merciful to me.

I love the Lord with all my heart.

Without His mercy and grace I'd still be in bondage of sin.

He came to set us free from that bondage.

It is a repentant way.
I cannot say that enough.
truth

Perth, Australia

#471986 Aug 19, 2013
they will offer miracle like never before many many many powerful things..

yep
its not me
Jesus Christ words is perfect.

Did you liked be bigger then God?

o did you know your planets can be very easy as child marble..

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

#471987 Aug 19, 2013
My atheism, like that of Spinoza,
is true piety towards the universe
and denies only gods fashioned
by men in their own image,
to be servants of their human interests.

George Santayana

Location hidden

#471988 Aug 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Your husband is an answer to a theologians "prayer." The theologians instilled in him that ONLY in the church could he be repented of his "sins."
I don't believe in sin or perfection, or religion, so I believe I need to ask forgiveness of other humans I've harmed, and it's their choices if they do or don't forgive me for harming them.
If your husband believes that a god needs a middle-man in a church to connect him to the god ... from my perception, he doesn't have faith ... he has FEAR.
Theologians NEED people to be filled with fear of retribution. It's how they make their money.
My husband repented at home.
The Holy Spirit was dealing with him.
That is why he knew he had to get back in church.

You see,
When a child of God drifts away from the Lord,they hurt the members of the church.
Once they ask the Lord to forgive them and they know He has,they are led back to church by the Holy Spirit and ask the church to forgive them.They make their acknowledgments.

My husband was never a bad person,he just got out of church. and he knew what he had to do in order to have peace in his heart.

He knew he had to make thing right with the Lord before he went back to church to fellowship with his brothers and sisters in Christ.

You have to experience it to understand what I am telling you.

Again,it's a repentant way.
truth

Perth, Australia

#471989 Aug 19, 2013
its very nice know you are save others not..yep

if i died and my ash drove somewhere for vegetable gurden did i been something worthy!?..o gee you can grow up in small pot tomato for your tomato sause..

if i am drop of tears and put that on ocean somewhere yep i will be part of great water too..o oce nas..maybe some fish will be there if my ash coming there o gee did someone eat fish..yep

eat meeeeeeeeee
eat meeeeeeeeeee
eat meeeeeeeeeee

Is that good?
yep

Why you jealous of my God?

Creator created me too..to be part of something land water air and whats more..Is that you are jealous?
Who can and who can't?

Fraser Lake, Canada

#471990 Aug 19, 2013
The will to survive is the mother of mental invention, and religion is a case in point.

Humans were not satisfied with one life on earth, so in their imaginations they created religion in the hopes of extending their lives for eternity.

Greed and nothing BUT greed, is the name of the religious game!

Fraser Lake, Canada

#471991 Aug 19, 2013
"I want more life for me and in a hereafter I don't want my SELF to suffer ever again ... so I will create a god that will reward me with eternal bliss and will reject others who don't see eye to eye with me."

Religion is all about ME ... MY SELF ... and I.

#471992 Aug 19, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You, Ox are a bible only (blow-hard) that throws out "more whoppers" than Burger King and in addition has "no idea" as to what you are talking about!......... Where does it say IN THE BIBLE that every word, every phrase, every sentence MUST BE IN THE BIBLE in order for it to be true!...... This is YOUR OWN (DISTORTED, FALSE, CONCOCTED---IDEA, that you "fundies" have made up!!! Where is the word trinity, where is the word bible, where are the words of the Apostles Creed, where are the words sola scriptura, where are the words bible only!!!......
~~~

When you come to the end of life's journey

TO YOUR SORROW....you will find out ...

THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD...AND

HE IS NOT CATHOLIC...NOR DOES RESIDE IN ROME..

---

1Co 1:29 That no flesh should ==>glory <== in -->his presence.<--

==>GLORY <==DEFINED IN GREEK AS USED IN 1COR 1:29
G2744
&#954;&#945;&#965; &#967;&#945;&#769; &#959;&#956;&#945; &#953;
kauchaomai
kow-khah'-om-ahee
From some (obsolete) base akin to that of &#945;&#965;&#787; &#967;&#949;&#769; &#969; aucheo&#772; (to boast) and G2172; to vaunt (in a good or a bad sense):-(make) boast, glory, joy, rejoice.

___

-->HIS PRESENCE <--DEFINED IN GREEK AS USED IN 1COR 1:29

G1799
&#949;&#787;&#957; &#969;&#769;&#960; &#953;&#959;&#957;
eno&#772;pion
en-o'-pee-on
Neuter of a compound of G1722 and a derivation of G3700; in the face of (literally or figuratively):- before, in the presence (sight) of, to.

1Co 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus,

who of God is made unto us wisdom, and

righteousness, and

sanctification, and

redemption:

1Co 1:31 That, according as it is written,

He that glorieth,

let him glory in the Lord.

YOU GLORY IN YOUR CHURCH...WHICH IS EVIDENTLY ...YOUR GOD...

for you give your Church MORE GLORY than you do GOD...

IT IS QUITE EVIDENT THAT

YOUR CHURCH STANDS BETWEEN YOU AND GOD...

AS DOES MARY THE MOTHER OF JESUS...AND ALL YOUR OTHER IMAGINARY SAINTS..

___

Rom_6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

1Co_7:23 Ye are bought with a price; be not ye the servants of men.

Location hidden

#471993 Aug 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I don't know if there is or is not a creator ... but if a creator exists and loves people simply because of the religion to which they belong ... that creator is not worthy of respect, much less worship. He's as nutty as the people that are so filled with fear of retribution as to worship "him."
The fact that male-theologians throughout history created the all powerful gods and their savior "SONS" as male, ought to wake you people out of your slumbers that the theologians were full of nothing but baffle gas.
They needed you for your MONEY, and they needed you so that they could make you believe that they spoke and wrote words FOR gods.
Obviously you have never been in a small country church here where I live.

The pastor does not get paid.
It's a call from God that they answer to.
It's not about money.
It's about preaching His word,feeding His sheep.

These so called preachers that ask for money to "plant a seed"yet they have big rings on their fingers and drive big old fancy smancy cars and even have an airplane is not right.

Any money that is taken up in the church house is for the up keep of the church and charity.

That is the way it is in the small local churches down here.

I wish you would have a little respect for the believers and not talk about the Lord the way you do.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#471994 Aug 19, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish you would have a little respect for the believers and not talk about the Lord the way you do.
This is not a church. This is a forum and your wish is NOT my command.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 1 hr barry 84,153
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Tue Cultastic 9,208
News Pope Holds Meeting to Encourage Adoption of U.N... Tue Jim the Hoax Denier 15
News Climate Change and the Catholic Church Tue Jim the Hoax Denier 2
News Woman excommunicated from Catholic Church calls... Tue Batch 37 Pain Is ... 5
News In Defense of Free Speech in the United States Tue Johair_DeadManWal... 2
News Pope on free speech: What about turning the oth... Mon KristoFMYsagun 16
More from around the web