Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653899 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#472192 Aug 20, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<I can't lead you anywhere. You seem to have a hard time understanding this.
You would be thrilled if others would become Gnostics as are you ... but I for one won't allow you to control my ability to think on my own.

Others might follow your jargon as being based on truth ... but it won't be me.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#472193 Aug 20, 2013
who="Oxbow"]<quot ed text>
The Bible teaches it is the only authority on God's Word...no other source is needed...such as:TRUE Apostolic Church History books...Church Historian writers (including Apologist History authors and writers.....
You Ox are "perfect example" of a bible only "fundie" that twists, manipulates, and perverts the true meaning and true interpretation of bible verses to mean ONLY WHAT "YOU" WANT THEM TO MEAN (by inserting your own distorted and warped OPINION---and ALL this to your own "demise and destruction"!.....In others words, Ox, you are a 21st century bible verse interpreting "hack"!....NO WHERE in the bible does Jesus, Paul or ANY of the Apostles say that the bible is the ONLY SOURCE OF TRUTH.......In fact, Paul says JUST THE OPPOSITE in I Timothy 3:15 when he calls THE CHURCH (not the bible) the Pillar, Pinnacle and Foundation of the TRUTH....Paul also tells us in 2 Thess 2:15 "and so then brothers, stand FIRM and hold FAST to the TRADITIONS which you were taught, whether by word of mouth ORAL or by the letter, WRITTEN from us!....ANYONE who has studied, researched, investigated and carefully examined the writings------- KNOWS THE TRUTH----and that TRUTH has been proven and verified (over and over again) from over 2000 years of the writings from Highly accredited and learned Apostolic Church Historian authors as well as Apologetic History Literary Works writers (from both Catholic and Protestant)---You can't even get your own Protestant "fundies" to agree with you!!!! I've seen their responses to the BS that you send out!!!-Go Send your editorialized (distorted bible interpretation) rif-raf to the National Inquirer because it would "neatly fit in" to their editorial "opinion section" along with their other "trash articles"!!!!

Williams Lake, Canada

#472194 Aug 20, 2013
The Da Vinci Code seems to have hints of early strains of Buddhism.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

From the book “Chronology of Women’s History,” by Kirstin Olsen, comes the following……….

700—401 B.C.

Religion

Few men become arhats, and even fewer women; the only higher level is the achievement of nirvana (the end of the cycle of suffering caused by continual reincarnation), and it is believed in the Buddha’s day that women are incapable of achieving nirvana at all. They must be content with being as holy as possible in the hope of being reborn as men—and then they can reach nirvana. The Buddha only permits women to join his sangha (monastic order), only shortly before his death.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#472195 Aug 20, 2013
<quoted text>
What other sources does "God" approve as "His authority", besides the Bible?
Gods authority for TRUTH resides in BOTH the Bible AND Tradition!
Sacred Tradition whether oral or written comes from Jesus Christ HIMSELF. It's the full, living gift of Christ to the Apostles, faithfully handed down, as taught in the Early Churches (beginning with Antioch, as the "oral (unwritten) tradition and down through each generation. It is through Tradition that the Holy Spirit makes the Risen Lord present among us, offering us the very same saving Word and Sacraments that he gave to the Apostles! The bible itself, "is Tradition" (the historical "written tradition"!

Understanding Tradition is essential to understanding the Catholic Church and the Catholic Christian faith.

Tradition is "handed down"

The word "tradition" actually means handing down something to another person.

Scripture testifies to this meaning of Catholic Tradition as the normal mode of transmitting the Faith:

"So then, brethren, stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter." (2 Thess 2:15)

"For I received from the Lord what I also handed on to you...." (1 Cor 11:23)

"For I handed on to you as of first importance what I also received...." (1 Cor 15:3)

"...I know whom I have believed [i.e., Jesus], and I am sure that he is able to guard until that Day what has been entrusted to me. Follow the pattern of the sound words which you have heard from me, in the faith and love which are in Christ Jesus; guard the truth that has been entrusted to you by the Holy Spirit who dwells within us." (2 Tim 1:11-14)

"You then, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus, and what you have heard from me before many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also." (2 Tim 2:1-2)

"...I found it necessary to write appealing to you to contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." (Jude 1:3)

The Bible teaches us that Scripture is the Word of God, but it also teaches that the Apostolic Tradition is Gods word, as well. The Apostolic tradition is the "oral teaching" of Jesus Christ that He handed on to His Apostles and the teachings of the Apostles was dictated to them by the Holy Spirit! Pauls teachings to the Thessalonians (in 2 Thess 2:13, clearly tells that that the word of God comes to them (and us) "orally" as well as "written"!!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#472196 Aug 20, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You Ox are "perfect example" of a bible only "fundie" that twists, manipulates, and perverts the true meaning and true interpretation of bible verses to mean ONLY WHAT "YOU" WANT THEM TO MEAN (by inserting your own distorted and warped OPINION---and ALL this to your own "demise and destruction"!.....In others words, Ox, you are a 21st century bible verse interpreting "hack"!....NO WHERE in the bible does Jesus, Paul or ANY of the Apostles say that the bible is the ONLY SOURCE OF TRUTH.......In fact, Paul says JUST THE OPPOSITE in I Timothy 3:15 when he calls THE CHURCH (not the bible) the Pillar, Pinnacle and Foundation of the TRUTH....Paul also tells us in 2 Thess 2:15 "and so then brothers, stand FIRM and hold FAST to the TRADITIONS which you were taught, whether by word of mouth ORAL or by the letter, WRITTEN from us!....ANYONE who has studied, researched, investigated and carefully examined the writings------- KNOWS THE TRUTH----and that TRUTH has been proven and verified (over and over again) from over 2000 years of the writings from Highly accredited and learned Apostolic Church Historian authors as well as Apologetic History Literary Works writers (from both Catholic and Protestant)---You can't even get your own Protestant "fundies" to agree with you!!!! I've seen their responses to the BS that you send out!!!-Go Send your editorialized (distorted bible interpretation) rif-raf to the National Inquirer because it would "neatly fit in" to their editorial "opinion section" along with their other "trash articles"!!!!
I have proven over and over, from Scripture, that your babbling is nothing but utter senseless baseless stupidity....

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#472197 Aug 20, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sacred Tradition whether oral or written comes from Jesus Christ HIMSELF. It's the full, living gift of Christ to the Apostles, faithfully handed down, as taught in the Early Churches (beginning with Antioch, as the "oral (unwritten) tradition and down through each generation. It is through Tradition that the Holy Spirit makes the Risen Lord present among us, offering us the very same saving Word and Sacraments that he gave to the Apostles! The bible itself, "is Tradition" (the historical "written tradition"!
Understanding Tradition is essential to understanding the Catholic Church and the Catholic Christian faith.
Scripture testifies to this meaning of Catholic Tradition as the normal mode of transmitting the Faith:
"So then, brethren, stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter." (2 Thess 2:15)
"For I handed on to you as of first importance what I also received...." (1 Cor 15:3)
"...I know whom I have believed [i.e., Jesus], and I am sure that he is able to guard until that Day what has been entrusted to me. Follow the pattern of the sound words which you have heard from me, in the faith and love which are in Christ Jesus; guard the truth that has been entrusted to you by the Holy Spirit who dwells within us." (2 Tim 1:11-14)
"You then, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus, and what you have heard from me before many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also." (2 Tim 2:1-2)
"...I found it necessary to write appealing to you to contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." (Jude 1:3)
The Bible teaches us that Scripture is the Word of God, but it also teaches that the Apostolic Tradition is Gods word, as well. The Apostolic tradition is the "oral teaching" of Jesus Christ that He handed on to His Apostles and the teachings of the Apostles was dictated to them by the Holy Spirit! Pauls teachings to the Thessalonians (in 2 Thess 2:13, clearly tells that that the word of God comes to them (and us) "orally" as well as "written"!!
You are saying that the inspired Word of God is a lie!!!!!

The Bible is the ONLY SOURCE of truth that God chose to transmit HIS divine words.

Quote: These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

They did not search the catechism, the traditions, the maganastrium,the encyclopedia..but only Scripture...which, FYI, is in the Bible.

And: All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Note: It does not include any other source but only Scripture...

And: All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works

Message: If a man needs more than all Scripture given by inspiration of God...he ain't a man of God..he just says he is....

Nothing you are babbling is supported by Scripture....you only have vain repetitious hollow and meaningless words..

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#472201 Aug 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You would be thrilled if others would become Gnostics as are you ... but I for one won't allow you to control my ability to think on my own.
Only you can do this.

Self.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>Others might follow your jargon as being based on truth ... but it won't be me.
Again. Your choice. Which is Self.

Why do you promote something you dismiss?

You sound confused?

Williams Lake, Canada

#472202 Aug 20, 2013
<quoted text>
Only you can do this.
Self.
<quoted text>
Again. Your choice. Which is Self.
But you would be THRILLED if I did follow you into Gnosticism, as would the Protestants or Catholics on this forum, if I joined up with them and their specialized claims of owning the one and only truth.

That was my point ... which you continue to pretend is NOT the point.

Albuquerque, NM

#472203 Aug 20, 2013
Ya know hojo, this is a very good attempt at posting something different. I knew you could. Good for you!

But, I see you are still confused.

Let us see if we help sort out what you say, m-kay?

:o)

Good.
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sacred Tradition whether oral or written comes from Jesus Christ HIMSELF.

Woah!!! "God's authority for truth resides in.....Tradition!"???

Wait a minute.

How is this possible?

When did this occur.

Anthony? Dan? Care to help out your padawan? He seems very confused on RCC doctrine.

Hey hojo....please post the citation to this authority.
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>It's the full, living gift of Christ to the Apostles, faithfully handed down, as taught in the Early Churches (beginning with Antioch, as the "oral (unwritten) tradition and down through each generation.

But you don't believe in what Jesus taught is truth. Stop trying to mislead others with your illusion.

Why do you think "Paul" preached to the different churches - "my gospel?", instead of teachings by Jesus?

Romans 16:25
25 Now to him that is of power to establish you according to >>>my gospel<<<, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began.

Galatians 2:7
But contrariwise, >>>when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me<<<, >>>as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter<<<

Do you think "Paul" was more enlightened than Jesus?
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>It is through Tradition that the Holy Spirit makes the Risen Lord present among us, offering us the very same saving Word and Sacraments that he gave to the Apostles!

Citation please.

Also, please post an incident that shows thatyou actually received any of this guidance to even speak openly about it.
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>The bible itself, "is Tradition" (the historical "written tradition"!
Yes - hand written by men, to contorl men. We all already know this.

You aren't saying anything new, so be honest and admit it.
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>Understanding Tradition is essential to understanding the Catholic Church and the Catholic Christian faith.
Yes - I also understand, the capacity of men into your life.

Another reason why the RCC is not the "true church" - too much ego.

Albuquerque, NM

#472204 Aug 20, 2013
<<continued to hojo>>
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>Scripture testifies to this meaning of Catholic Tradition as the normal mode of transmitting the Faith:
Do you really thin that throwing out a few passages by "Paul" is going to help you better understand Jesus.

Let's recap a moment....'member when you wrote this....
"It's the full, living gift of Christ to the Apostles"

...Good! because you only have a glass that is half-full.

When are you going to fill it up?

Albuquerque, NM

#472205 Aug 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
But you would be THRILLED if I did follow you into Gnosticism, as would the Protestants or Catholics on this forum, if I joined up with them and their specialized claims of owning the one and only truth.
Not really - you flip flop too much on EVERY topic.

You'd be a bad rep for the team.

:o)

Albuquerque, NM

#472206 Aug 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
....and their specialized claims of owning the one and only truth.
No one "owns the truth" until they die. I don't pretend this at all. I promote it.

Whoever you think tells you any other way, is a liar.

Those like you, who think they have discovered some conclusion, have in some ways failed already. Why? Because a conclusion is not formulated until all the evidence is available. There is still plenty of time ahead of us that shows more new things are showing up - EVERYDAY!

We as a human race are very young and still have much to learn and to do, in order to really excel.

On the flip side - you've already "circumcised" everyone from this future.

Getting old sucks, huh?

My suggestion - don't die angry or with regret!

Good luck and thanks for responding.

Carry on.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#472207 Aug 20, 2013
June,your killing this forum!!!!

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#472208 Aug 20, 2013
Psalm 62:1-2

62 Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation.

2 He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#472209 Aug 20, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
Don't let June get to you Sera.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#472210 Aug 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not say a,prayer to God ..asking for wisdom.

Maybe you will get it ..then ask for peace.

Open your heart to something higher than you ..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#472211 Aug 20, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
Hey Sera

She is killing her soul

Location hidden

#472212 Aug 20, 2013

Location hidden

#472213 Aug 20, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Sera
She is killing her soul
Hello Rose....nice to see you.

Location hidden

#472214 Aug 20, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't let June get to you Sera.
She does not get to me but she is killing this forum...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis wades into transgender debate, lam... Wed South Knox Hombre 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 22 Married in 10,204
News Pope Francis' Remarks Disappoint Gay and Transg... Aug 4 Leon 2
News The Pope s War Aug 2 The Proclaimer 1
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Aug 1 Bob 1
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' (Feb '16) Jul '16 make Donald Drump... 47
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul '16 Crusader 4
More from around the web