Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658350 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#472114 Aug 20, 2013
Have a great day all. This thread made me sleepy.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#472115 Aug 20, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>It is truth that God wants to have a relationship with you.
It is?

Please post where "God" stated this.

Also, if this is a going to be a "personal relationship", how exactly does this apply to "God". Instead it requires the "Self" to do as you say.
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Now if you think that is arrogance dear one,you are far more in the dark than you realize.
It is arrogant, as you have no proof on what you say, but would rather parrot other men, and all the while, accept what they have stated for you to believe.
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>How can you come up with such tripe?My choice is to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ,and to walk with Him till that day when He allows me to enter the rest of the eternal life He has given to me.
...and yet rebuke many teachings by Jesus inthe same breathe,

Don't be a hypocrite.
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>NOT that I earned it June,but that He has given it to me because He loves me.If you do not want His eternal life,than that is your choice.
You comfort your own mind with these words.

IMO - we all will receive "eternal life" and no religion is required in order to do so.
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>
Your statement of my humbling myself to some godless idea,that GOD never had anything to do with me,and I should reject the one god,and that is my choice that you must think will free me,is shear nonsense,since you are good at calling things silly.
Why? You plainly reject what Jesus taught, and think "Paul" is more enlightened than Jesus.

What's the difference?
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>The only freedom dear lady(if you are not a woman forgive me)is being open to the very Creator who created all that is seen and unseen.
Isn't Christianity all about how Jesus died for our sins?

You are starting to sound Jewish here.
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>JUNE just what is at the end of your rainbow of godlessness and so on? I want an answer that makes sense,what is at the end of your rainbow?
A sense of direction would be beneficial, but I'm not so sure that can be attained by her. She seems to be confused on what her beliefs are. She probably won't be a good source for your question.

Albuquerque, NM

#472116 Aug 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I've heard your type of sermons before. As a child they left me cold, and nothing has changed since then.
What a ruse.

You state here that when you were a child - "they left you cold".

You saw then what religion did for you, but you still - 70 years later - finally got enough guts up to "turn your back on Christianity".

Yeah - sure you did. You use the same old tactics as the so-called "Christians", and now this little nugget is announced by yourself.

"left me cold" - but I decided to stay 60+ years to make sure I stayed cold.

You've completed your mission. Well done.

*sighs*

Albuquerque, NM

#472117 Aug 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Your words were a threat!
"Unless you want that tumor to take over your life. Do you?"
I understand that you don't know what euphamisms are, so I won't try to explain them, as it is a problem to understadn these basic tenets of life, but I will try - for you.

When people begin to worry about certain things, they sometimes "can take over a persons life" - with daily attention, night-time pain, and even continuous pain from the tumor.

Letting a physical abnormality take over one's life is not good for the person, especially in a healing manner. They "play to the ailment" and never have enough time to jsut kick back and enjoy life.

Don't you feel like an asshole now?

DOH!!

Take your hate elsewhere.

Albuquerque, NM

#472118 Aug 20, 2013
Damn it!!

I love to hate the haters!!

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#472119 Aug 20, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
What a ruse.
You state here that when you were a child - "they left you cold".
You saw then what religion did for you, but you still - 70 years later - finally got enough guts up to "turn your back on Christianity".
Yeah - sure you did. You use the same old tactics as the so-called "Christians", and now this little nugget is announced by yourself.
"left me cold" - but I decided to stay 60+ years to make sure I stayed cold.
You've completed your mission. Well done.
*sighs*
When I was a child the teaching of a devil and hell "left me cold." At that time I created an image of a god that was pure love and in my imagination loved everyone. And until I was 70 years of age I entertained THAT illusion. Then I left all religious illusion behind when I could no more make sense out of a loving god allowing such suffering of human and non-human forms of life.

I explained this to you before ... but you ignored my explanation.

Williams Lake, Canada

#472120 Aug 20, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<You truly don't know what you are talking about.
Who does?

We all have opinions ... but opinions aren't worth much are they ... SELF???

Williams Lake, Canada

#472121 Aug 20, 2013

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#472122 Aug 20, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
We all know that "all scripture is given by inspiration of God"! This is nothing new to any of us! What it DOESN'T say is that (all scripture is the ONLY SOURCE of TRUTH that God used to TRANSMIT HIS DIVINE and INFALLIBLE WORD...... YOU, just like every other bible only (self-interpreting,(or better yet mis-interpreting)"fundie " have done is to "invent, create, concoct and make up your OWN (false teaching and premise)(ON YOUR OWN).....There is NOT ONE accredited and authenticated Apostolic Church Historian or Apologist History writer or author, that agrees with ANYTHING you have said-----ESPECIALLY since it is "All MADE UP" by you!! What the bible DOES SAY in I Timothy 3:15 (from the words of Paul himself that "THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) is the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH!!!!!
Don't try to "scam us" with a bunch of personal opinionated lies (Ox) by distorting the TRUTH of the bible and the verifiable TRUTH of TRUE CHURCH HISTORY......... Even many of your other Protestant "comrades" reject and disagree with you "editorialized distorted opinions!!!!!
The Bible teaches it is the only authority on God's Word...no other source is needed...such as:TRUE Apostolic Church History books...Church Historian writers (including Apologist History authors and writers.....

Example: Christ spoke to the seven (7) churches of which He did not refer to any one of them as "Catholic " "catholic" "Roman Catholic" Catholic Church"....because none where!!!!!

Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write
And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write
And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write
And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write;
And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write;
And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write
And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write
----------

Your babbling is not support by Scripture...you cannot show me
any contradicting and inconsistent BOGUS "relative truths" in my posts.

The Bible is the ONLY SOURCE of truth that God chose to transmit HIS divine words.

Quote: These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

They did not search the catechism, the traditions, the maganastrium,the encyclopedia..but only Scripture...which, FYI, is in the Bible.

And: All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
Note: It does not include any other source but only Scripture...

And: All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works

Message: If a man needs more than all Scripture given by inspiration of God...he ain't a man of God..he just says he is....

Nothing you are babbling is supported by Scripture....you only have vain repetitious hollow and meaningless words..
chuck

Dublin, OH

#472123 Aug 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I don't threaten people with punishment from a god if they don't believe my way.
I've had those threats put on me by preachers most of my life and I didn't appreciate their threats.
That is why I am here on this forum to encourage those such as homosexuals and women who have had abortions to not believe the words of preachers. Their aim is to make you feel guilt.
They might preach as though they are angels ... as their words try to impress on you that you are evil, while they are holy. Don't believe them. They are simply full of their own arrogance ... which amounts to the blathering of "harm-filled" hot air.
Face it Grams...your mommy and daddy took you to the wrong church and that is why you are a nut job who spends your entire day on a public forum. The only people you care about are those with your same agenda...period.
you said that is why I am here on this forum to encourage those such as homosexuals and women who have had abortions to not believe the words of preachers. Their aim is to make you feel guilt.
**not the case for every preacher. just nut jobs where your mommy and day took you.

Williams Lake, Canada

#472124 Aug 20, 2013
This is what New Age Spiritual Leader is trying to impress on you is TRUTH.

It's a good philosophy for some ... until a person takes into consideration that some people are born into lives of such deprivation and suffering that it is obvious to them that if a god exists ... their selves are not worth a brain fart TO the god.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

The Gnostic-Jesus says, "When you come to know yourselves... you will realize that it is you who are the sons of the living father. But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty." (Thomas-3)

http://www.monergism.com/thethreshold/article...

Location hidden

#472125 Aug 20, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Word that was preached in the Early Churches beginning with the 1st Church at Antioch WAS ALL ORAL!! The ORAL teachings from the Apostoles that was handed down to them by Jesus HIMSELF!! THERE WAS NO BIBLE!! Jesus NEVER left HIS Apostles or ANY OF HIS FOLLOWERS---"a bible"! In addition: THERE WAS NO WRITTEN WORD (as we know it today), only a few notes, parchments, letters and manuscripts that were gathered by the Early Church Fathers over 350 years after the death of Jesus Christ. If was the Fathers of the Church (who were Catholic) who interpreted those Apostolic letters and notes to "form the Canon of Scripture in 382,393, and 397 AD giving all of us the bible translating it into the vernacular so that it could be read! THERE WAS NO BIBLE (as we know it today) for over 1500 years, until Guetenberg invented the printing press in 1440 AD. Even then, the bible (as we know it today) wasn't available until the 17th century. And so now, you modernistic "self proclaimed bible interpreting editorialists" (fundies)-----(IN YOUR OWN IGNORANCE, DEFIANCE, PRIDE AND REBELLIOUSNESS) claim that the bible is the only source of truth, just because YOU SAY SO!!-----Ox!! You are a repeat story of the Prodigal Son in Luke 15:11-32---again (defiant and rebellious)--that is-- until he finally "came to his senses"!
Your babbling is not supported by Scripture...
The Bible is the ONLY SOURCE of truth that God chose to transmit HIS divine words.
Quote: These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.
They did not search the catechism, the traditions, the maganastrium,the encyclopedia..but only Scripture...which, FYI, is in the Bible.
And: All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
Note: It does not include any other source but only Scripture...
And: All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works
Message: If a man needs more than all Scripture given by inspiration of God...he ain't a man of God..he just says he is....
Nothing you are babbling is supported by Scripture....you only have vain repetitious hollow and meaningless words..

Williams Lake, Canada

#472126 Aug 20, 2013
There is an old saying ... "What doesn't break you makes you stronger."

Approximately one million people commit suicide each year.

It seem that life was so difficult for them that it broke them.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#472127 Aug 20, 2013
1 Timothy Chapter 6

3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words,[even] the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;

4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,

5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#472128 Aug 20, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Word that was preached in the Early Churches beginning with the 1st Church at Antioch WAS ALL ORAL!! The ORAL teachings from the Apostoles that was handed down to them by Jesus HIMSELF!! THERE WAS NO BIBLE!! Jesus NEVER left HIS Apostles or ANY OF HIS FOLLOWERS---"a bible"! In addition: THERE WAS NO WRITTEN WORD (as we know it today), only a few notes, parchments, letters and manuscripts that were gathered by the Early Church Fathers over 350 years after the death of Jesus Christ. If was the Fathers of the Church (who were Catholic) who interpreted those Apostolic letters and notes to "form the Canon of Scripture in 382,393, and 397 AD giving all of us the bible translating it into the vernacular so that it could be read! THERE WAS NO BIBLE (as we know it today) for over 1500 years, until Guetenberg invented the printing press in 1440 AD. Even then, the bible (as we know it today) wasn't available until the 17th century. And so now, you modernistic "self proclaimed bible interpreting editorialists" (fundies)-----(IN YOUR OWN IGNORANCE, DEFIANCE, PRIDE AND REBELLIOUSNESS) claim that the bible is the only source of truth, just because YOU SAY SO!!-----Ox!! You are a repeat story of the Prodigal Son in Luke 15:11-32---again (defiant and rebellious)--that is-- until he finally "came to his senses"!
Talk about pride....LOL

Williams Lake, Canada

#472129 Aug 20, 2013
Life has not yet broke me to the point of suicide ... yet I understand that it is only because my life has been one of more emotional comfort than those who have been broken.

Had I believed I was broken, as has occurred because of religion to so many homosexuals ... I might also have been driven by emotion to commit suicide.

It's not nice to tell others that they offend a god. That teaching kills self-esteem.

We all want to feel that we are important.

Location hidden

#472130 Aug 20, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Oxbow,I read your testimony,and over my 40 plus years of being a believer I have heard some very powerful testimonies of WHAT our Lord does to those who are humble and seeking His Holy Face.Your testimony sounds great and wonderful in that you humbled yourself before your Creator and in the hours when you least expected HIM,HE came to you with what Y O U needed to open the door of your heart to HIM.I in no way would diminish that wondrous moment of discovery for y o u,that truly God exists and that HE cares for you.
Jesus went through quite a bit of trouble,anguish and suffering so that you could have that experience with the God of all creation.Since the Father is pleased in HIS only B E G O T T E N SON,He came to you in your hour of need.I fully respect that and join with you as a brother in Christ the fellowship we can have in Christ because we are born of the same Spirit.
Nevertheless,your disregard for others and what they experienced,your snide remarks,and whatever you got going in your brain,remains a stumbling block to what Christ can do and wants to do for you concerning HIM.Did it ever occur to you that all this garbage about Jesus not being God is a smoke screen from the devil to disconnect you with the rest of the Body of our Lord.The Communion of Saints is all the believing brethren and sisters in Christ,throughout the ages who put their trust in Jesus,and have His testimony on their lives,and whose names are written in the Book of Life,as recorded in Revelation.
Your attitude in plain English is obnoxious.I do not care that this is a thread,a posting where we cannot see each other.You have an arrogance about you Oxbow that I hope will leave you before the Lord takes you home!
I posted an example (One that is representative of a group as a whole: the squirrel, an example of a rodent; introduced each new word with examples of its use. One serving as a pattern of a specific kind: set a good example by arriving on time.A similar case that constitutes a model or precedent: a unique episode, without example in maritime history) of a real Christian's testimony......not mine!!!!

Are there any on this forum whom can read the following and tell me it teaches that Christ is God????

From the Catholic encyclopedia: Jesus Christ the incarnate Son of God redeemer of the human race..

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#472131 Aug 20, 2013
Chaumette wrote:
Have a great day all. This thread made me sleepy.
LOL me sleepy too...

Williams Lake, Canada

#472132 Aug 20, 2013
Suicide is murder of self. My guess is, the homosexuals that took their own lives hated their selves because they were convinced that the very god that created them, also hated them.

There is much to be said about religion, but from my opinion ... none of it is good.

Location hidden

#472133 Aug 20, 2013
Are there any on this forum whom can read the following and tell me it teaches that Christ is God????

From the Catholic encyclopedia: Jesus Christ the incarnate Son of God redeemer of the human race..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The untold story of Queen Elizabeth I and Islam 1 hr Muslim idiocy 6
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 16 hr Married in 10,237
News Cardinal tipped to be the next Pope warns of an... Sep 20 Looking down our ... 25
News Catholic schools being closed at alarming rate (Apr '08) Sep 11 Jeremy 158
News The Latest: Walesa misses papal Mass, blames la... Sep 10 Ste 1
News Mother Teresa declared saint by Pope Francis Sep 8 South Knox Hombre 6
News 'Unlikely that Pope Francis will go to Pristina' Sep 8 CCCC 1
More from around the web