Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 690621 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Simple

United States

#469674 Aug 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I can tell you of a better miracle than just a simple "walking on water". I can tell you of a "mustang" that was about to hit us on a wet highway, and I had time for only these words "Lord, Help" and the mustang was stopped just a few feet from killing us, and man, you should have seen the look on that drivers face.
But I have a better miracle than that even, when on 8/25/82, the Blood of Jesus washed my sins away.
Neither beats walking on water. The first could have been happenstance. God is still not a respecter of persons is he? He would have to be to reach out and save you while letting other good followers just crash and burn. The second is not provable. Since you think they are walking on water should be a walk in the park for you. Please let me know when you are giving a demonstration. I will know that is a miracle. Should be easy for one who God talked to and asked to preach.
Simple

United States

#469675 Aug 8, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>your beating a dead horse June, listening to unholy catholic propaganda all their lives is not going to go away in a life time, when their heart stops beating and the dirt hits their face and no Jewish/catholic guy comes to bring them to the promised land, that's when they'll realize they have been lied to all their lives.
They will not realize anything because they will dead as a hammer.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#469676 Aug 8, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston:
The mistranslation of the KJV is a reason you are not convinced concerning Peter. If you read the Greek: John 21:16, you will find that Peter is called the Shepherd of the sheep, from Jesus' lips. No one else is given that title.(You need to remember the KJV was written to Protestants, and not the Church. I still use it as a primary source of reading the Bible myself, but it does have that fault.)
As for the passing on of the Authority of Peter being the Shepherd, that is another story....
http://interlinearbible.org/john/21-16.htm
It never ceases to amaze me what lengths they will go to make themselves so much holier than Mary or Peter. All of Protestantism relies on trying to dismantle Peter as the head and continuing succession as an office. Without it then the endless interpretations and self authority of what the bible really says comes out. Well Robert when everyone has their own truth then truth becomes subjective. The question is who was being addressed when Christ said I will guide you to all truth. Each individual person? We have seen the result of that. In the end it creates a dividded or indifference and nobody is really a false teacher because everyone is an authority.

Matthew 4:18 walking by the sea of Galilee He saw two brothers. Simon who was called Peter and Andrew his brother, casting their nets into the sea; for they were fisherman.19 and He said follow Me and I will make you fishers of men

Matthew:10:2: Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother; James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother.

"And Simon and they that were with him followed after him."

(St. Mark 1:36)

"But Peter and they that were with him were heavy with sleep: and when they were awake, they saw his glory, and the two men who stood with him." (St. Luke 9:32)

"But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and heaken to my words." (Acts of the Apostles 2:14)

"And when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?" (Acts of the Apostles 2:37)

"Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men." (Acts of the Apostles 5:29)

"Have we not power to lead about a sister, a wife, as well as other apostles, and as the brethren of the Lord, and Cephas?" (St. Paulís 1st Epistle to the Corinthians 9:5)

"And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and 'WHEN THOU ART CONVERTED" Emphasis mine , strengthen thy brethren."

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#469677 Aug 8, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

Man-made documents (CCC) do not trump "God".
But this is the mentality that all Catholics seem to disregard, huh?
Just because a man wrote it into the rules for them to believe a certain way, a man must've disregarded "God's authority" when he wrote the rule.
I understand why you stay confused - you've placed man's importance over "God's".
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said it did?
They remain priests. God's authority "wins".
I even showed you and you ignored it.
Really Dan? Continue to play the ignorant one will not help.
"Who said it did?"
- You did, when you posted it as your support to refute what I've been saying.

"They remain priests. God's authority "wins"."
- I know they do, even if some guy says they are "excommunicated". In other words, a person cannot trump "God" nor can the CCC (where you show that a priest is no longer a priest - per a man) cannot trump "God".
- And here you are posting that Luther "stayed a priest" now - because of "God's authority". You are contradicting yourself Dan.

Either Luther was still a priest or he was per "God". Where does "God" state that Luther is no longer one of his servants.

Face it Dan, ADMIT IT DAN, that Luther was still a priest, even after he left the RCC, and his authority came from "God" and not some guy in Rome.

Are you paying attention sir? Good you should be.

This ultimately answers other so-called "Christians" statements about how ANYONE in his succession within the so-called "Church" has the ability to absolve "sins and transgressions" against them.
- just like your so called and debunked "Apostolic Succession". Hmmm....imagine that.

UNLESS - you think the men in Rome are more powerful than "God". Are they? You already think the Pope is infallible....this shouldn't be that hard of a question for you, if you are honest.

How honest are you Dan? So far, you haven't shown much of being honest at all.

Albuquerque, NM

#469678 Aug 8, 2013
typo - "Either Luther was still a priest or he was per "God""

should have been: Either Luther was still a priest or he >>wasn't<<per "God"

My bad.

Albuquerque, NM

#469679 Aug 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Christendom has had 2000 plus years to vet Gnosticism and it's still on the fringes.
History is the best teacher oftentimes.
It only goes to show how many people are gullible, how they never research that which they believe, and the ignorance within.

"History is the best teacher oftentimes."
- true - if the correct history is shown and not fabricated or covered up.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#469680 Aug 8, 2013
The authority of St. Peter in the early Church is clearly recorded in the Bible.

After the resurrection, St. Peter was the first apostle to enter the empty tomb (St. Luke 24:12) and the first apostle to whom the risen Lord appeared (Luke 24:34 and 1 Corinthians 15:5). St. Peter presided over the selection of Matthias as a replacement for Judas (Acts of the Apostles 1:15-26). He was the first to proclaim the gospel of the resurrection of Jesus (Acts 2:14) and proclaimed the Churchís faith before the Sanhedrin (Acts 4:8-12).

He is the first to work a public miracle (Acts 3:1-12) and the sick were brought into the street so that his shadow might fall upon them (Acts 5:15).

St. Peter exercised Church discipline on Ananias and Sapphira (Acts 5: 1-5). He opened the Church to Gentiles by having Cornelius and his family baptized without undergoing circumcision (Acts 10:1-48).

Acts 10:40-41, "Him God raised up the third day, and shewed him openly; Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before God, even to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead." I guess Christ saw fit to eat with Peter but Protestants feel it better to belittle Peter by showing Paul rebuked him so clearly that makes Paul superior. NOT! Paul brings it up because his own authority is being questioned. It is that Peter humbled himself that he was not practicing what he preached but recognizes Pauls authority that gives the argument creedence. Popes have been rebuked too, but then Protestants in here have ignored that has been pointed out as you are too busy mocking Peter and making yourselves holier than the Apostles saying we are like them they are nothing special. How humble.

Acts 15:7-11, "And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe. And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us; And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear? But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they."
(Joh 1:42) reads: And he (Andrew) brought him (Peter) to Jesus. Jesus looked at him and said, "You are Simon son of John. You will be called Rock
Thus by naming Peter who would become the head the Rock the very foundation of the Church.

Albuquerque, NM

#469681 Aug 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
June will love this one.
Even the Pope doesn't declare that gnostics or protestants cannot attain salvation, but you have declared Catholicism and Protestantism as not "viable".
I'll sit back and watch you fend her off.
Okay - let's see what she does with my opinion.

I'm excited. Are you?

Albuquerque, NM

#469682 Aug 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
His deal is the same as all others in their own religions. It plays to the arrogance of self in the haughty attitude of KNOWING truth.
Those seeking truth will never claim to have answers from gods or goddesses ... OR self.
I've never claimed to "know the truth". In fact, I've stated to you directly, that "I'm content in knowing whatever the truth is, when I die."

Please stop making up things about me.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#469683 Aug 8, 2013
Just because a man wrote it into the rules for them to believe a certain way, a man must've disregarded "God's authority" when he wrote the rule.
I understand why you stay confused - you've placed man's importance over "God's".
<quoted text>
"Who said it did?"
- I know they do, even if some guy says they are "excommunicated". In other words, a person cannot trump "God" nor can the CCC (where you show that a priest is no longer a priest - per a man) cannot trump "God".
- And here you are posting that Luther "stayed a priest" now - because of "God's authority". You are contradicting yourself Dan.
Either Luther was still a priest or he was per "God". Where does "God" state that Luther is no longer one of his servants.
Face it Dan, ADMIT IT DAN, that Luther was still a priest, even after he left the RCC, and his authority came from "God" and not some guy in Rome.
This ultimately answers other so-called "Christians" statements about how ANYONE in his succession within the so-called "Church" has the ability to absolve "sins and transgressions" against them.
- just like your so called and debunked "Apostolic Succession". Hmmm....imagine that.
UNLESS - you think the men in Rome are more powerful than "God". Are they? You already think the Pope is infallible....this shouldn't be that hard of a question for you, if you are honest.
Luther was a priest and rejected the Church. He left the Church.

They didn't boot him-he booted himself.

I posted a source and then affirmed myself that he remained a priest. You keep playing that as "gotcha"-I've already acknowledged it twice before and am doing it again now.

This, still, doesn't leave protestants with authority to bind and loose. Luther and any protestant who was once ordained a Catholic priest and still considers themselves priests, maybe. A possible handful of protestants through history could bind and loose even though they themselves rejected the teaching that they can, in fact, bind and loose.

This labyrinth is your "trump card"?

Dan

Omaha, NE

#469684 Aug 8, 2013
<quoted text>
"Who said it did?"
....and what's this?

"Are you paying attention sir?"

You're New Age Keith Olbermann now?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#469685 Aug 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Okay - let's see what she does with my opinion.
I'm excited. Are you?
No.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#469686 Aug 8, 2013
<quoted text>
It only goes to show how many people are gullible, how they never research that which they believe, and the ignorance within.
"History is the best teacher oftentimes."
- true - if the correct history is shown and not fabricated or covered up.
Yeah.

Righto.

We're all blinkered, but you've nailed it, plus you get the cache' of strutting around on the board amongst us great unwashed as the lone "independent thinker".

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#469688 Aug 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Still untrue.
"Jesus does not have to do anything in order to be worshipped."
Jesus had to die onthe cross and for others to worship him.
Men have shosen this specific act for a belief.
You've accepted this limited Jesus.
Again, please stop misleading others.
So you are ,Gnostic ..just curious ..??

You believe Jesus as Lord and Saviour ???
Patriot

Denver, CO

#469689 Aug 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Oh NO!!!
Did I miss the Rapture, as people are now getting "marked by Satan".
Well, the good news is.....if the Rapture did occur.....we now know that many of the so-called "Christians" on this forum, surely missed the boat.
HA-HA!! Looks like we will be fighting alongside each other after all.....
BOOYAH!!
:o)
----

The following author gives some good insight regarding the subject of "The Rapture" -

Pre-Tribulation Rapture: Fact or Fiction?

http://www.wake-up.com/daystar/ds2005/Dec.htm
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Canada

#469690 Aug 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Because Gnosticism is a viable path to salvation, whereas Catholicism and Protestantism isn't.
How silly!
June VanDerMark

Canada

#469691 Aug 8, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>your beating a dead horse June, listening to unholy catholic propaganda all their lives is not going to go away in a life time, when their heart stops beating and the dirt hits their face and no Jewish/catholic guy comes to bring them to the promised land, that's when they'll realize they have been lied to all their lives.
I suggest that in a hereafter they should be subjected for eternity to all the preaching about evil that they subjected others to while they were on earth.

:)

Location hidden

#469692 Aug 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you take issue with the English translation of John 21 where Jesus tells Peter to "feed my lambs", take care of my sheep", "feed my sheep" in succession?
I'm of the opinion that a shepherd performs these tasks.
Dan. that is not the issue. Robert made the boast to me that the 16th verse is about Jesus calling Peter a Shepherd .

and that just isn't true. why don't you as a good catholic call Robert out on his lying. I wouldn't hesitate if a Christian was lying about the Word, but you catholics are silent when one of your ilk are caught lying.

those few verses have to do with Jesus wanting Peter to make a decision as to their future relationship, so far as we all know. Peter was a very unstable person.

Hot one day, deny the next day and Jesus wanted much more than that.
June VanDerMark

Canada

#469693 Aug 8, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>to believe this, first you must prove god exists, can you?
OH OH! Here comes more scriptures that were inspired by theologians.

June VanDerMark

Canada

#469694 Aug 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Nope - bummer for you, but not for me. Although I have performed karaoke in front of people, I haven't spoke in front of people in a few years.
Topix seems to pacify that missing piece
I hope Topix finds your missing piece for you, as you don't seem to be able to accomplish the "mission."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 3 hr Mr Sir 10,660
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov 12 South Knox Hombre 1
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Nov 8 Feeling Abandoned 37
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Nov 2 whirlignmerc 11
News War, religion and tolerance Oct 30 The Bible Student 1
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct '17 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct '17 The Bible Student 81
More from around the web